100 lb. Club - "Do-over" Sunday

View Full Version : "Do-over" Sunday

shelby897
04-27-2008, 11:23 AM
I've been denying my inability to stick to my plan lately -- and I need a "do-over" -- anyone else want to start fresh with me today? :)

Also, my 8 year old asked my husband and I this morning who our first date was, when did we start to date each other, etc. Then, he said "mom, were you fat then too?" -- I almost cried in front of him, but was able to answer "no" -- luckily my husband was smart enough to tell my son that's not a nice question to ask someone (saved his butt!!).

Today is a new day, new week, new start -- if you need to start over -- today's the day -- we can and will do this -- :hug:

fiberlover
04-27-2008, 11:43 AM
:hug:

Slashnl
04-27-2008, 12:00 PM
You're not alone Shelby. I'll take my do-over along with you! Let's start this again and do it right today. Then, we can do it right tomorrow. One day at a time!

SeaWave
04-27-2008, 12:13 PM
I'm in too, and glad to have company (this site is so great!)

I've been on a special diet for some follow-up treatments that have been inconclusive, and I was going to put off going on SBD. But I finally decided that if I wait for everything to be perfect, I'll never start. So today is my do-over day too!:D

I've bought a new scale, and weigh 10 lbs more than on my other scale.:goodscale: Strangely enough, I find this encouraging as it's more in line with my last hospital weigh-in, so I feel I now have a more trustworthy tool. Seeing is believing for me, and I'm very reliant on the "count down". I'm going to be working on identifying baby-steps goals (and rewards!), but my overall goal is to go from my present 250 lbs to 125 lbs (need to fix my weight tracker!) So on to :dancer:

and :dust: to everyone!

Lyn2007
04-27-2008, 01:14 PM
What a great idea! I had my do-over begin about a week and a half ago but I am with you all the way. I recommit to more and more good days and to NOT go bonkers through the upcoming PMS days!!

Czarria
04-27-2008, 06:12 PM
I thought my PMS days were going to wreck me. Ordinarily, when my TOM is on it's way I eat everything not nailed down. obviously. lol. I don't need a do-over yet, but could I have picked a worse week to start "eating right" ?? GEEZ.

kasmin
04-27-2008, 11:59 PM
What a great idea!:carrot: Count me in! I've been planning my do-over for the last 2 months :o:p Guess it's time to get off my (larger) butt;)

shelby897
04-28-2008, 12:20 AM
So, how did everyones "do-over day" go? I did great, finally -- ate what I was supposed to and exercised right on schedule. The amazing thing is, I've felt tired and crappy the last few days -- by the middle of today I had 1/2 my energy back and I feel much better -- how many times do I have to get hit in the head with the "diet hammer" to get this right!! Eating crap = feeling like crap, eating well = feeling great :D

Hope everyone had an awesome day and are geared up for another one tomorrow!!!

findingfawn
04-28-2008, 09:38 AM
Look at all you guys brave enough for a do over! Good job all of you!!

Shelby, I wanted to offer you a :hug:!! Part of what really put me on track this time, and made me decide I was in this for the long haul was a comment by my 9 year old son. I don't even remember just what it was, but I do know I had to leave the room and barely made it out of view before the tears started pouring! I was crushed beyond belief!

kasmin
04-30-2008, 08:54 AM
hey there, just checking in. My do-over is still holding good (though getting in the exercise is a bit of a struggle :p) How is everyone else holding up?:carrot:

shelby897
04-30-2008, 11:32 PM
Great job -- I unfortunately took a few days to get my do-over going, but I'm right on track today and looking forward to keeping it up -- hope everyone is doing well!!

Slashnl
05-01-2008, 09:51 AM
My do-over is still going well. It has been hard getting the exercise back in because it is... once again... difficult to do since I'm out of shape. I was doing so well before! Anyway, I'm working to get it back and to keep going this time. So far, so good!

Glad it worked for others, too. I guess we just have to make the statement that we are so far off track and that we need to start again. You just have to face it!!

kasmin
05-01-2008, 07:50 PM
Glad it worked for others, too. I guess we just have to make the statement that we are so far off track and that we need to start again. You just have to face it!!

Truer words were never spoken! (that was the big stumbling block in my do-over. I couldn't admit that I had to start all over again:^:)

Czarria
05-01-2008, 09:58 PM
Yep... Yesterday my boyfriend took me out to lunch. Chinese. The horror. The bad thing is, I did eat a whole plate. The good thing is, I didn't eat 3. The bad thing is, I totally stumbled and ate horrible food. the good thing is, it made me feel horrible. Lethargic. Icky. Gross. Why is that good? It was completely unsatisfying, and I regretted it instantly. Today I woke up from a nap craving a salad. so.. I must be doing something right. And at least now next time my boyfriend wants to take me out to lunch, we'll both do the right thing . :)

shelby897
05-01-2008, 11:41 PM
Czairra -- I always joke that I want some kind of zap collar to give me that gross, I ate too much feeling, without actually having to do it!!!

I'm in the same boat -- when I do bad -- it's still not as horrible as my bad used to be!!!

Jen415
05-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Hey Red Team Sister!

Do-overs are definitely permitted...in fact, I do "do-overs" every day that I wake up. It's another chance to make the best choices.

pamatga
05-02-2008, 02:15 PM
I'm in. I had to a do-over this past Tuesday. I had fallen off my food plan (SBD) and gained back 7 lbs. I was very lower than low but I changed my ticker (luckily temporarily for a week) and then got right back on my food plan. It worked. The 7 lbs left. I changed my ticker back. And, I feel like I am more determined than ever to keep at this.

I have noticed that when something really disrupts my usual day to day routines, I have my slips. I have had two noticeable ones since January when I started this food plan. I would like to be one of those people who isn't affected by added stresses (like flying home to a critically ill Mom or moving) but I am. I am hoping that there will not be other stresses of this kind while I am losing but if I do and if I gain weight during that time, I will "do over" my food plan as soon as I am able.

This is not about winning every battle but it is about winning the war.;)

Slashnl
05-03-2008, 10:57 AM
This is not about winning every battle but it is about winning the war.;)

That's the thing. We need to work toward having fewer and less severe do-over days, but the most important thing is to keep at it. The further I've come in this, I've realized that even with major setbacks, there is not an option. You just have to keep trying. The alternative is giving up, with the probability of gaining more, getting more unhealthy... and then what??

Good thread!

shelby897
05-03-2008, 11:43 AM
That's me -- if I'm not working on my weight loss, I know I would continue to gain -- not that I would be happy to maitain this weight anyway :dizzy:

I've been doing great since Wednesday -- amazingly enough, the day my scales quit working -- I know my weigh in Monday will be pretty good and I'm actually looking forward to it!!

Hope everyone is doing great and if anyone else needs a "do-over day" -- jump in!!

Lyn2007
05-03-2008, 12:37 PM
I did pretty good. Had one rough day of PMS and ate over my calories but I did not binge. The scale is moving in the right direction now. Hang in there guys.

shelby897
05-04-2008, 11:00 AM
Week one of "do-over Sunday" is done -- how did you do???

I didn't get back on track until last Wednesday, but I'm in it for the long haul and hope to stay on plan. And, even on my bad days, I still did my 30 minutes on the treadmill, so that's something!!

Slashnl
05-04-2008, 11:44 AM
I'm doing better, but still not where I need to be. It is my fault because I let everything else come before exercise. But, I'm moving in the right direction.

thistoo
05-04-2008, 03:27 PM
I'm having a do-over Sunday myself. I went a little crazy with the carbs last night (and made myself ill as a result), so even though I didn't do *too* badly calorie-wise, it's obvious I still can't handle access to simple carbs. I'm back on plan today and so far I'm doing fine. I'm just hoping I didn't mess up my weigh-in for this week, but I'm staying off the scale for a couple days just in case.

shelby897
05-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Hope everyone is doing really well -- I had a bad night last night I'm back on track today -- I have at least a year of weight loss ahead of me, I'm definitely not going to let one night stop me :D

Slashnl
05-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Getting back on track, but the weight is not coming off like it should. I think my body is trying to readjust to having to exercise. I keep having sore muscles and little injuries. Nothing drastic, but enough to make it difficult. But, I'll keep plugging along.

How is everyone else doing?

Slashnl
05-18-2008, 12:51 PM
Just needed to resurrect this thread... again. I'm not totally off track, but I've been slipping a little bit. So, again... today is do-over Sunday for me. I am going to have to get this figured out at some point. I can't get back to where I was before and the mental block is driving me crazy. So, I'm working on the commitment issue. I need to get focused and stay focused.

shelby897
05-18-2008, 09:47 PM
You were reading my mind!! I've completely blown the whole "do over Sunday" so it will have to be a Monday for me :D.

I'm dreading my weigh in at WW tomorrow -- but I'm going!! I'm thinking of not even looking at the weight until I can go back next week with it gone!! It's just so embarassing to have someone else weigh you and look at a gain -- but that's life!!

I'm with you -- back on track and I can't stand the thought of gaining back weight it was so hard to lose!! Maybe I've learned my lesson this time!!

Good luck and sending good "do-over" vibes to you!!!

chubbypenguin
05-18-2008, 10:39 PM
I know all about the do-over. I am on a do-over 4 years later

I always remember a quote from Anne of Green Gables (My most favorite book of all times!)
"Each day is fresh with no mistakes in it"

The new me is going to try to remember that everytime i give into evil tempresses.

Slashnl
05-19-2008, 09:49 AM
Good quote, chubbypenguin! Thanks for sharing.

Shelby, I'm not glad that you had to have a do-over, too, but I'm glad you told me about it. I didn't want to admit it again yesterday, but I thought that I should. Ok, here we go again! If we keep practicing, we're going to get it right!

kasmin
05-19-2008, 11:09 AM
Today was a do-over day for me! I made the mistake of going out to eat yesterday when I was tired AND pmsing. Not a pretty combination. Each day is fresh indeed :D (and thank goodness for that!)

Chubbypenguin: on a side note, I have to say that Anne of green gables is alos one of my favorite series too. I have re-read it so many times;)

thistoo
05-19-2008, 11:21 AM
I'm having a do-over Monday again. I ate pizza last night; planned for it, counted it in my calories, etc. But I feel so terrible this morning from all the carbs and cheese. Yuck. So I'm back on plan today, lots of fruits and veggies and low-carb, and hopefully I'll stop feeling so bloated soon.

shelby897
05-19-2008, 10:50 PM
Caroline -- I find it funny that on most diets we can really eat whatever we want (in limited quantities) and yet we still chose something that we know will make us feel like crap!! I was a "carb queen" all this past week because that's what the TOM monster wanted and it made me sick to my stomach every night!!

I adore Anne of Green Gables -- I swear my sister Angie was her when we were kids -- very dramatic!!

My do-over day has gone well, I feel great, exercised and have no scales in my house anymore :dizzy: -- I'm such an addict to them and one WW weigh in a week is plenty to get me by!!

Slashnl -- Nothing wrong with admitting you strayed -- that's why we are here!! If it was easy to stick to plan and lose weight, there would be no 3FC!! :)

Hope everyone is doing better today than yesterday!! :hug:

thistoo
05-19-2008, 11:22 PM
I know! My carb downfall was the result of TOM as well. What is it about carbs and hormones? I just hope I can remember this feeling next month, but I did the same thing last month, so it takes me awhile. ;)

Today was much better than this weekend; I clocked in at around 1400 calories and most of them were high-quality protein and fiber, and I feel SO much better for it. I'm glad you had a good Monday too, Shelby! Hope everyone else is doing well.

Slashnl
05-20-2008, 09:57 AM
I'm doing better now. Yesterday was a really good day. It was really hot, but we went walking at lunch anyway. Went back to work a little sweaty, but I really felt good. Food on plan and lots of water. I felt great!

thistoo: I think that's what started my mini off track time. TOM can really mess you up sometimes. That and "Creme Brulee" ice cream from Ben and Jerry's. Why I even tried it is beyond me.

Shelby: Glad things are going well for you!!