South Beach Diet - Weekend On The Beach Chat

View Full Version : Weekend On The Beach Chat

cottagebythesea
04-26-2008, 07:51 AM
Happy Saturday! I love Saturday mornings, Jake has coffee ready for me by the time I come downstairs, and all I have to do is sit and enjoy it. :)
I'm going to the nursery today to look for some rhododendrens to fill in some spaces in the garden, and I'll probably end up with some other things too. A nursery is like a grocery store to me, I always come out with more than I planned to buy. :D I'm sure the kids will be over at some point today, too.

What are your plans for this beautiful day?

Ruthxxx
04-26-2008, 08:02 AM
I'm drooling in my coffee over the thought of a garden centre visit, especially for rhodies - they are "not reliably hardy" around here.

We had rain overnight which was much needed. Despite all our snow, the ground is pretty dry. I may work in some more outside work if we don't get more rain. I have a trip to the dump on the schedule and have to make some appetizers to take to a dinner party tonight. I'm thinking bean dip with veggies and crackers plus some devilled eggs.

I wish everyChick a happy and productive Saturday.

CyndiM
04-26-2008, 08:50 AM
:coffee2: Good Morning Chicks :wave:

Cottage - We bought a coffee maker with a timer a few months back. I don't know how I managed without it ;)

Ruth - There have been a lot of brush fires around here because of the lack of rain. I hate to lose a weekend but we really need it.

I should work in the yard but I'm probably (well definitely) going to go for a hike instead. It's perfect weather - sunny and 60s. Just right for a trek through the woods. Tomorrow will be my cleaning day, especially if it rains. Maybe I'll get another grill night in tonight too.

Hope everyone gets at least a little time to enjoy the day :)

femmecreole
04-26-2008, 09:04 AM
Morning all! Hope everyone gets to play outside today!!

Rush, rush, rush here getting ready for MIL's visit so no time to personals, just wanted to pop in and say hey. Headed out to the airport then on to the French Quarter...

ladybugnessa
04-26-2008, 09:42 AM
hey gang.... got my coffee got dressed dogs are fed and pottied my wheateana just beeped so i'll be fed in a few....

busy day... some shopping some coin rolling... tonite we are hosting a party at an offsite (from our house) location.. have to be there at 5.. .minimal control over the food.... I will probably indulge in wine and extra fruits and veggies... and count meatballs as my protein.... will NOT have bagel dogs or pizza bites will NOT have white flour or sugar.... NO NO NO... not going to break a 27 day clean eating streak.....

Schmoodle
04-26-2008, 09:53 AM
Good morning chicks, I'm sipping my coffee before we head out for the sweetest place on earth.
Hope you chicks have a great Saturday! Nessa, you have been a rock lately, you can do this! We are expecting a good report tomorrow!
Have fun everybody!

Pearlrose
04-26-2008, 10:08 AM
Good morning everyone, sounds like everyone has a great day planned. My son already left for track meet, have to take daughter to soccer practice and then after that is done we are going to track meet and maybe six flags for awhile (gotta love season passes).

I have decided that today I am starting phase 1 again for two weeks, I have not been off plan but I cannot seem to quit going into phase 3 mode and I still have weight to lose and hearing how everyone else is doing so well is motivating me to get on it, summers around the corner and I would like the scale to start moving downward, slow and steady as before.

Anyways enjoy your weekend girls

tomandkara
04-26-2008, 11:11 AM
Good morning!

Linda, that Jake is a gem! Enjoy your time at the garden center!

Ruth, make sure to take the trash to the dump and the appetizers to the party and not vice versa!

Cyndi, enjoy your hike! Hope you see lots of birdies!

Cat, have fun with your mother-in-law!

Nessa, good luck at the party tonight! Twenty-seven clean eating days is no streak to be broken!

Schmoo, have fun at Hershey!

Rose, Phase 1 may not make a huge difference, loss-wise. The second time I did it, right before Christmas last year, I didn't lose a single pound. I *did* kick those cravings, though.

I just finished my yummy oatmeal with walnuts. I've got a long run today so I wanted to get in a good breakfast. The kids are going to play at Tom's mom's while I run so they're all excited. Gotta get ready!

Kara

krosmon
04-26-2008, 11:31 AM
Good morning, Chickies. Old hen checking in.

It's gonna be another scorcher here in So. Calif - got up to 92 on my deck yesterday and supposed to be as hot or hotter by this afternoon.

Front door is open to let in the morning cool air, and I just had my coffee. I bought a new glass tea kettle - love it - it pours without dribbling water all over the place like the last one did. I have a little one-cup coffee holder - takes a #2 filter and I just pour water through. Works for me.

Today, I go to the high desert to watch my DGS play in his soccer tournament. Only one game, thank goodness as it is going to be so warm up there. If they win, they go back next week for finals. So it is go up, watch the game, go for lunch with the family, and come home. I need to run some errands so I'm glad it won't be an all-day thing.

No loss today, but this is only my 4th day OP so I am fine with it. Can't lose every day especially when you are older with thyroid and other problems. I feel good and have more energy and there is a lot to be said for that. I also think I'm losing inches. I've lost 2 inches in the waist since the first of the month. Clothes fit a bit better, but being in a size 28, there is always a lot of give and it is the law of diminishing returns. The more you have to lose the longer it takes to show up.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Time to get ready to get outta here.

Barb0522
04-26-2008, 12:15 PM
schmoodle - You asked about my car. It did get repaired but it was almost $1600 and of course the insurance company said it was not related to the accident so they wouldn't cover any of it. Oh, well, at least I checked.

After I dropped off Brian for his campout, I went by the grocery store. They had a grand remodeling sale and I had a coupon for 10% off plus bunches of other coupons. I saved almost 33%. I didn't have a list made so I just bought stuff I knew I would use. I'll go back again tomorrow with a list and use some of the other coupons.

Then I finished setting up the filing system for Twilight Camp and got all the paperwork filed and entered into the computer that was turned in at training. I watched ER and Dr Who and spent 4 hours sipping a margarita. I can't remember the last time I had alcohol. I'll probably save the other 3 for when I have friends over.

I need to head to Lowes and get some more lava rock for around the pool and then on another trip get some more of the paver stones. I should also weedwack but I really need to get the lava rock down so that dirt doesn't wash into the pool in a heavy storm like we keep having. I'm meeting a guy at the warehouse this afternoon. Just because I have one of the keys I end up having to be there when he wants to drop off Raingutter Regatta stuff and pick up Space Derby stuff. I wouldn't mind so much but the guy is a jerk and he acts like I should drop everything to come at the time he wants. Oh, well, time is a wasting. I'll check back in later.

hmacneil6
04-26-2008, 12:34 PM
Good morning ladies,
As Kathleen said, it's going to be a hot one here in So. Cal. The sun was out and up by 6:30 this morning and there is no cloud cover. I'm currently at the USO, it's been busy. I got here late due to car issues. My dh's car (usually the reliable one, and the one I use on the weekends) smelled of gas and 1/3 of the way to the USO I noticed that gas was leaving the tank quickly. I didn't think I'd make it up to LA and back in his car so I had to turn around and get my car. Fortunately I got here in one piece. But now that means when I get back home we have to take his to the mechanic. BOOOOOO!!! Hopefully it'll be a minimal fix.
I hope you all have a great Saturday.
ENJOY!

Kim_Star060404
04-26-2008, 01:33 PM
Good morning, ladies. (Well, it's really the afternoon almost, but I'm sure you'll allow me my delusions! ;)) We stayed up WAY too late last night watching the Spurs win and then reading until 2 am to get rid of all that energy. Thank goodness for weekends!

Cottage: Enjoy your nursery time! Jake and Jason sound a lot alike when it comes to making sure the coffee is ready when we are. Although I'm sure Jake has your coffee pot running much earlier. What a nice guy. :lol: Have a great day!

Ruth: Mmmm...deviled eggs. :hun: I may have to make some tonight for the game tomorrow. Are you making the dump trip yourself? Sounds like more evidence of you being wonder-woman! Glad you got some rain last night. I would love to see some in the forecast here!

Cyndi: Enjoy your hike! DH and I love to go up north to the mountains - it's less desert-ish and more of a forest. Going to do some bird-spotting as well? :mag: (We need a smilie with binoculars for you, that's the closest thing I could find! :lol:)

Cat: Enjoy your MIL's visit! Have a fun time at the French Quarter - can't wait to see some beautiful pics!

Nessa: 27 days of clean eating is awesome! Schmoodle is right, you are a rock!! You will be strong and conquer tonight at the party. :lifter:

:wave:, Schmoodle! Have a great Saturday!

Pearl: Good luck with D1 of P1 today! You can do this!! :cheer: I used to love theme-park season. My sisters and I would spend whole weeks shuttling between Six Flags, Sea World and Schlitterbahn. It's been years since I've been to any of them, though. Have a wonderful time!!

Kara: I'm sure you're either running or already have run, but either way, I hope it is/was a great one! One day I'll be coming to you for running advice!! Hope the kids are enjoying their play-time at grandma's.

krosmom: I don't think we've "met" yet. Congrats on those inches lost!! You're doing a great job. :broc: Hope the game goes well and that it's not too much of a scorcher for everyone!

Barb: Sorry that you have to deal with jerk-man. Want us to come over and rough him up a bit? :lol: (I can see it now, "Who are you girls?" "The SBFatChicks, mister!!" :rofl:) Great job on the savings at the store - coupons really can be a girl's best friends!! Have a nice day. I'm envying your trip to Lowe's.

hmacneil: :crossed: I'm hoping the vehicle is a cheap and quick repair. Hope you get to spend your day in the a/c.

Me: Whew! SO nice to get here and actually be able to post personals! I've been missing that so much this week, but work will be crazy until about mid-June after all our hearings are over. (Thank goodness boss-man is letting me go on vacation in June at all!!) I ended up working 10 hours yesterday which is extremely uncommon, but it couldn't be helped. Thank goodness the dinner plans were leftovers.

Today we're heading to the garden center for pots and soil for my herb garden. We were going to plant them in the veggie garden, but the corner DH set aside for me just isn't going to work. Poor thing - he was so proud of himself for giving me my own little plot, but it has shade and drainage issues, so we'll just leave it bare until we can figure out what will survive there. After the garden center, I'll be doing some planting, weeding in the rose beds and some general cleaning in the yard. Tonight we're doing bbq chicken for dinner with some brown rice and sauteed bell peppers...yum!

Well, off to WATP with Leslie. I've been slacking on workouts, but will restart the Firm calendar on Monday. Hope everyone to come has a great Saturday!!

:wave:, Kim

hmacneil6
04-26-2008, 02:00 PM
You all have such green thumbs, I'm so jealous. I don't have a garden, but I've tried keeping a herb garden on my patio deck. But it never seems to last more than a month or so. Maybe later in May i'll try again w/ one of you coaching me along???!!!!

tomandkara
04-26-2008, 04:48 PM
Kathleen, enjoy the soccer game! I don't know whether to say I hope the kids win or lose, though...that's so hot to be outside playing soccer! And it's only APRIL!

Barbara, hope everything goes OK with the grumpy man. I'll come over with Kim if you need us!

Heather, I hope you can figure out what's wrong with the car and that it's an inexpensive fix. Yikes!

Kim, have fun with Leslie! I took one of the videos over to my sister's the other day and we did it together. It was fun! How's the obstacle course in your backyard coming along?

I'm back from my run and am pooped. Actually, I'm feeling better since I made myself a little of Cat's frozen yogurt. I added some protein powder, too, so I can make it through the rest of the day! Connor's off playing with my brother and it's too late to nap the girls so I'm going to cave and let them watch a little TV so they can at least have some down time. I have some Little Einsteins episodes and Sesame Streets saved, so they can pick which one they want.

Avery's done pooping so I've got to go. I got her little Elmo undies and she just loves them! Every morning it's the first thing she wants to get. (Well, actually, every morning the first thing she wants to do is nurse, but Elmo undies are a close second.)

Kara

Barb0522
04-26-2008, 05:43 PM
The leader I don't like sent another leader from his pack who is nice so that worked out well. I've made two trips to Lowes and put down 14 cubic feet of lava rock. Next trip will be for the stones to add more to the retaining wall. I'm not sure if I'll get that done today. I did get some weeding done and am about to go out and mow before the storm gets here. I've got sea scallops and asparagus to fix for dinner. Brian doesn't like scallops so I'm treating myself while he's at the campout.

hmacneil6
04-26-2008, 10:06 PM
Kara - You crack me up....thanks for keeping us updated on your child's potty training. Thanks for the giggle!

cottagebythesea
04-26-2008, 10:59 PM
I just made myself a cup of SleepyTime tea and am winding down, getting ready for bed. It turned out to be quite a busy day! Right after breakfast we went to the garden center to pick up some rhododendrens, and I found some rare hostas to add to my collection, too. We got everything planted in their new homes just before all the kids started showing up. Caitlyn finally decided what college she is going to next year, and brought out the welcome packet and CD they sent her, and it was exciting to look through them. I am so excited for her!!!! But I'm going to miss her at the same time. Things will never be the same, now that she's ready to go out on her own. :( I made a nice dinner of cheese fondue and a big salad, and we had strawberry crepes for dessert. :T Little Tyler is so cute, trying to keep up with Amber and Carley. I just love having all my grandchildren here together. :)

Tomorrow we're going out to dinner to celebrate our anniversary, and I'm looking forward to not having to cook dinner for everyone. Our actual anniversary is on Monday, it's hard to believe we've been married 39 years! :eek:

Schmoodle
04-26-2008, 11:26 PM
I will try to get back and catch up on personals tomorrow morning chicks, just popping in to say hello before bed. We just got back from Hershey and had a lot of fun. The rainstorms held off until we were leaving to come home, so we lucked out. I had lots of fun NSVs as the last time I went to an amusement park there was 60 lbs. more of me. I rode lots of rides I wouldn't have dreamed of getting on a year ago, and had no problem keeping up with the kids all day without a break. I did see a thing that made me happy and sad at the same time. We went on a log flume ride, and a heavy lady was in one of the cars with her little kid. The thing was way off balance and ended up getting stuck. The attendants were telling her to rock the car to get it loose, which she finally did, but you could tell she was very embarrassed. I felt badly for her, but at the same time happy (or maybe just relieved) for me because this exact thing happened to me a few years back. I also noticed they had signs on some of the rides around the park that heavier guests would not be able to ride due to exceeding the restraint systems. Carrying lots of extra weight is very difficult for so many reasons. I just add it to my motivation pile to never go back. Okay that's my lesson for the day, hope you all had a wonderful Saturday. I'll be up and at 'em early to get ready for DD's party at 1:30. I've still got shopping to do and need to make up the goodie bags, etc.

cottagebythesea
04-27-2008, 08:01 AM
:yawn: :coffee:

Good Sunday morning to you! My coffee is lacking milk this morning, the grandkids only left me a wee drop of it! So I'm nagging at Jake to hurry and get ready so we can go for breakfast where I can get a decent cup. After that we're headed to Trader Joe's, since I'm almost out of greek yogurt and some other essentials, too. I want to stop in to visit Mom & Dad this morning, too.

I'm planning to go off-plan for dinner this evening. We're going to The Cheesecake Factory to celebrate our anniversary, and I plan to have a piece of cheesecake for dessert and enjoy every last morsel of it. 39 years with Jake warrants a reward of some type! ;) Back to clean eating tomorrow.

Ruthxxx
04-27-2008, 08:22 AM
Good morning! We have wonderful sunshine after a big T-storm last night that cleared out the muggy air.

The birthday party was fun but I'm suffering this morning from having eaten a piece of Jack's BD cake! I just can't resist that kid although it's easy to resist the cake. Today must be a perfectly clean eating day to recover.

Cottage, congratulations on 39 years of marriage! You and Jake should celebrate! We'll understand if you're not in here tomorrow morning.

Church is on the agenda this morning and then I may dabble away at more garden clean-up. We expect three days of rain so it'll be great to get more done. There are rumours of snow mid-week so......It's too wet out there to rake or dig but I can probably split some perennials for the sale at the Church on the 17th. I have Meowee coming for a short visit on the 6th and really want to get stuff done before then.

Breakfast next. Oatmeal and raspberries again. I'm boring about breakfasts.

ladybugnessa
04-27-2008, 09:51 AM
hi... we stayed at a hotel last night.
bri is still sleeping
i am going to start loading the car

i stayed beachy at the party last night and this morning at the breakfast the hotel offers...

i'm rocking it girls.... close to 30 days clean eating... do i get a 30 day coin?

Kim_Star060404
04-27-2008, 10:16 AM
hmacneil: I don't think of myself as a green thumb like these ladies, not yet, anyway. This is my first year doing a dedicated herb garden. I'll let you know how it goes!!

Kara: I'm glad you had a good run yesterday! I'll have to check out Cat's recipe...sounds like something that would be nice over the summer. Hope the girls enjoyed and appreciated their tv time!!

Barb: Mmmm. scallops. How I miss living 35 minutes from the sea!! Hope they were yummy. Congrats on getting so much done around the pool - I'd love to see pics.

Cottage: Good Sunday morning to you as well! Happy 39th Anniversary. I agree with Ruth, we won't hold it against you if you're not present in the morning! :lol: Have a great night and enjoy your cheesecake!

Schmoodle: What a sad, yet powerful story. I'm glad you had such a great time and I'm so proud of you for seeing how far you've come! Congrats!!

Ruth: I had my birthday cake recovery day last weekend after my sisters left. I hope you have a nice day of gardening!!

Nessa: Congrats! I knew you would rise victorious this morning! Have a nice Sunday and get some rest!

Me: Brrr! It's cold here! Yesterday we were outside sweating our heinies off doing casual yard work and today, I had to put a coat on to check the plants! Yikes! It's supposed to be cool throughout the day and then warm up again tomorrow. Thank goodness it didn't freeze, though. I just put my herbs in pots yesterday.

This morning I will work out, then church, followed by housecleaning and laundry. Our FPU class is taking a break tonight and will resume next Sunday, so I have some extra time to iron and get meal plans for the rest of the pay period going.

Well, off to clean up a bit before working out! Have a great morning!

Barb0522
04-27-2008, 10:17 AM
schmoodle - I had a lot of fun with Brian last summer at Schlitterbahn and Sea World that I couldn't have had if I hadn't lost weight. It feels good, doesn't it? Now if I can just lose what I have put back on...

cottage - 39 years is something to be proud of. Enjoy your dinner and dessert!

Ruth - It's raining outside so I'm glad I got as much yardwork done as I did yesterday. Hopefully Terri and I can inventory the district warehouse later when it stops raining. I need to go fix my oatmeal. I had eggs yesterday and it just wasn't the same.

nessa - You are doing so well! You are an inspiration to us all. :)

Me - I bought the stones but will have to wait to put them down. The mowing is done and I weedwacked until the battery died. I need to get out and finish it soon. I stayed up late and watched the DVD of Titanic. It is just such a good movie. Now I need to plan meals and get to the store with the grand reopening. I have a coupon for $10 off if you spend $50 so I'll be stocking up on meats and stuff. Brian should get in around 2 or 3. I'm thinking they got rain last night too so we may need to dry his stuff out and get him into a warm shower. Talk to y'all later.

Loriann7
04-27-2008, 10:37 AM
Good morning to all my friends! I'm so sorry I haven't been here in a couple weeks, I've been searching for a new job which is taking much of my time! I've been busy with work, searching for work, and trying to keep a clean house! Lets not mention that 18 yr old of mine!

OK, other than that, I was able to lose 2.5, down to 182 for second day in a row, and honestly thats off plan. I'm here to make a menu for this week as well as check in with all my friends. I'll do personals right now! stay tuned!

tomandkara
04-27-2008, 10:43 AM
Good morning! We're up and at 'em, but it seems like we're not the only ones!!! Connor is off to Sunday School and the girls are eating their breakfasts. I'm trying to guzzle down my water before I eat my breakfast...I'm thinking an omelet today but I haven't decided what to fill it with.

Barbara, hope you get Brian warmed up quickly! I think a warm shower would be the perfect solution, with maybe a cup of tea to follow.

Kim, your avatar is scary. I had to scroll down so I wouldn't get bad dreams tonight!!!

Nessa, you rock. 'Nuff said!

Ruth, who's Meowee? Hope you have a nice visit!

Happy anniversary, Linda! Enjoy your special meal!!!

Schmoodle, I'm glad you had such a nice time and got to really appreciate your hard work!

Heather, I've added potty talk to the List of Things I Thought I'd Never Discuss in Public. It's funny what being a mom will do to ya!

Loriann, hope the job search is fruitful soon!!!

Kara

Loriann7
04-27-2008, 10:55 AM
Linda, want to come do my landscaping? I've managed to all but kill the grass! I've ordered a new lawn mower. Actually, after researching I am purchasing a push reel mower. Saves gas, and from what I hear not only polution but also saves on time! I'm also purchasing fertilizer in hopes to help some of the trouble spots come back. I also have to kill ground wasps nests! Ants have taken over the yard! were are all my birdies? LOL

Femme, hope you enjoyed your visit with MIL!

Ladybug, how did your party go? 27 days clean eating! CONGRATS! may today be the first for me! um, if I ever eat breaky, it's already 10 am and have been up several hours! just not hungry!

Ruth, everytime you post I can say "ditto" as far as weather is concerned! We had snow but very dry right now. WE got a little rain yesterday, and this coming week they are calling for a much needed rain week! I'm about to purchase a sprinkler also. In my research they say if you are going to water about an inch, do half inch, wait half hour or 90 mins, then do the other half inch. The philosophy is like a sponge, if you try cleaning up water with dry sponge it doesn't work as well as with a wet sponge, something I never related to watering grass!

Cyndi, I also have the timer on my coffee maker. I used it until I found out that all those appliances we have that have lights such as microwave, toaster ovens, and coffee makers are the culprits to higher electric bills! Thanks for the idea to cook out, now I have to go clean the grill! LOL

((schmoodle)) hope you enjoyed your day yesterday!

Pearl, how did the track meet go? Um, I find I get stagnant at this weight, have yet to get back into 170.. good luck in moving that scale! Are you sure it's not PMS?

Kara, how do you stay on track so often with little ones? OK, my girl (dog, jade) is ready for a run, so I will, I will, I WILL get out and run her today! Did better this week, we went for three walks opposed to one or two, shame on me!

Krosmon, how did the game go? I'm glad your feeling better staying on plan, slow and steady hun!

Barb, Lowe's is becoming my favorite place to shop! (I've long since banned walmart!) Sorry about this jerk.... tell him come when you are there! LOL (dont we wish we can do that)

HMA, how did the car thing turn out? (and welcome)

Kara, awe, I remember those early years! Enjjoy them hun! Before you know it they will be teens and you will be like "when are you moving out?" LOL

OK, that s page one, brb with page two personels!

Loriann7
04-27-2008, 11:05 AM
Linda: congrats on your anniversary! And ((hugs)) about Caitlyn, but enjoy the grands! the fun thing about them, we spoil them and hand them back! um, I not a grandma yet, lol.

Schmoodle! What a day! Congrats on the loss, and glad you enjoyed your day!

Lady! Congrats! I know it's easy to go offplan when so many temptations circle u! I know, I haven't been on plan in weeks! SHAME ON ME.

Kim, Barb, have a great day dears!

Kara, I had two interviews last week, one of which I am hoping to get! It's only ten mins from home (and out in the country thats a lot!`) And it'd be for a company thats helping our young ones to learn! How fun is that?

LOL, LInda, funny you mention cheesecake, In my previous post I was going to tell you to celebrate with a piece, but opted not too! OH MY! how funny is that!

Ruth, ah, once dabble in cake is alright,! Back to plan today! coodles to you! (is that a word?) LOL

Loriann7
04-27-2008, 11:07 AM
Um, I lost most my last post, sigh! Sorry folks!

Kim_Star060404
04-27-2008, 11:08 AM
Kim, your avatar is scary. I had to scroll down so I wouldn't get bad dreams tonight!!!

:lol: Sorry, Kara, didn't mean to scare anyone!! Just don't let the kiddos see it! Actually, that character in the movie is quite an enigma, scary and kind - very interesting. Pan's Labyrinth has got to be the most beautiful movie I've seen in a while, although it is a bit gory - but that's what the war was. I'd watch it again today, but sadly I lent the movie to my sisters and won't get it back until we leave for Myrtle Beach.

Loriann7
04-27-2008, 11:18 AM
OK, now that I did personals, what I've been up to:

I had the funnest weekend last weekend! My sister FINALLY went shopping with me! So, we headed to the outlet mall in Waterloo! It was the MOST AMAZING THING! Usually I head into a dressing room with an arm load, and out with MAYBE one shirt. Being overweight and short it's difficult, not quite "petite" short, but not yet regular length 5'4 is impossible! Well, I found several new favorite stores. My alltime favorite, hands down, is Van Heusen!

I also changed drastically from the old boring button down dress shirts, jean and tee's to the fun, up to date style, and had so many compliments! I also had a new hair cut, I usually wear it one way, that is versatile but it always looked same, now it's fun, flips out instead of under! how fun is that lady's! Yes, I should of waited till I got to size, but I needed summer clothing! I still need jeans for summer! But I have several pairs of capri's.

Sunday I had my annual Passover Sedar! I had some friends join me, I've been asking them for 7 years! It was a blast!

hmacneil6
04-27-2008, 11:27 AM
This going to be really short so GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!!!

Off to church soon. Then Rich (dh) & I are headed to brunch at a new restaurant that Rich reviewed last month. I've already looked at the menu and know that I'm getting the fritatta de la casa, no potatoes, and hopefully some sliced tomatoes. YUM! Then I have a conference to get to out in the desert, which led me to picking up 2 soldiers at the USO to take them to the 29 Palms MC Base. It should be interesting. I will be off the boards for a couple of days. Send me some good wishes as I do my best to say OP.
And check it out.....first mini-goal met!!!!!

YEAH ME!!!!

krosmon
04-27-2008, 12:17 PM
Old hen checking in. It was a scorcher in L.A. yesterday and is supposed to get back up to almost 100 degrees again today, and me with no air conditioner. Ykes. :?::?: Gotta get another fan in the house. As soon as I get bills paid, I'll get a repairman out to fix the window air conditioner if it is fixable, or get a new one if I have to. I can't stand this heat for the summer especially since I no longer work and am home most of the time.

Good news - SB is working for me - with thyroid and pre-diabetes - Yay. I dropped 2.2 lbs. last night. :carrot::carrot: So my total loss since I started LC a month ago, is around 9 lbs. Hope I can keep this up. I might actually get down to a normal size in my lifetime again.

I drove the 80 miles to the game yesterday. It was in the high desert - Lancaster, for those who know the L.A. area - I was dreading sitting in the heat, but it was actually about 15 degrees cooler than L.A., and I felt almost chilled. Unfortunately, our team lost 1-0 - our goalie got distracted when one of our players passed the ball to him and it went right by him into the net so the opposing team got the point. It was a hard-fought game - pretty evenly played - but our forwards just couldn't get the ball in the net. Oh well, we go back and do it again on the same fields next weekend. If they win on Saturday, they play again on Sunday. I love U-16 boys soccer - very exciting. Six of us went for lunch and I had a big salad and a good time with the kids.

Today is a kick-back day - I need to get some watering done before everything gets cooked. Weather supposed to cool down into the 60's by Wednesday. That will be a great change for me.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

tdiprincess
04-27-2008, 04:52 PM
hey all.. sorry no personals this weekend.. I've been pretty busy.. Friday night DH and cousin worked on our car (lancer Evolution) They're doing a clutch on it.. they were out until 3am!! I was out with his wife until then because we were waiting for them...LOL... We watched a couple movies...I got some sf candy and I have to say I cheated a little bit.. she made some 945 fat free (no trans fat) popcorn. I had a few handfuls... nothing like I used to eat though... That was my goof off for the week...
yesterday we worked...
today church, then dinner at his parents house..they're good about being SB consctious.. they eat healthy generally too... and DH will be working a bit more on the car...
SO we've made it through the first week and onto the second!! I weigh in tomorrow.. I can tell I've lost some weight... I'll post up what I've lost when I weigh in in the morning...Later!!

Pearlrose
04-27-2008, 05:09 PM
Good afternoon,

Well yesterday track meet went well the school placed second so not too bad. We had a wonderful time at Six Flags did lots of walking.

Today we went to Church this morning and then just finished up a bit of shopping afterwards.

As for me, I am about ready to start TOM and I was very swollen when I woke up this morning, not sure if it is because the weather is starting to warm up, allergies starting to kick up or what is going on. Still haven't started phase 1 but I have been eating phase 2 instead of phase 3 for two days now, so I may just see how it goes this week, if it doesn't work I will start phase 1 again, with no expectations of losing just cleaning up the eating a bit more if necessary, I am in it for the long haul and still feel great (okay other than today lol).

Enjoy your Sunday activities with your family and friends.

Barb0522
04-27-2008, 06:06 PM
I went to Walmart and picked up a couple of pairs of jeans and some shorts. I can wear a 10 in the jeans because they are relaxed fit but have to wear a 12 in the shorts. Oh, well, it is important to be comfortable. I got my grocery shopping done and lunch and then found out we aren't doing the warehouse inventory today as Terri doesn't feel well. Brian got in around 3. They only got rain during the night so he wasn't all wet but still a bit chilled in shorts. He had a wonderful time. He hiked more than 5 miles, belayed, climbed and rapelled. He was thrilled to get home and find out I got him a new compass. I told him about the knives at Academy Sports & Outdoors so we'll head up there once he is out of the shower. It's only in the 50's today which feels cold after the upper 80's so it's soup for dinner. I bought lots of healthy stuff to cook for the week.

I even got the floor mopped and the pool cleaned. I feel good about what I accomplished.

tomandkara
04-27-2008, 06:23 PM
Loriann, I would love to hear more about your Sedar! We went to one at church one year and I really enjoyed it. Even though we're Christian, I think it would be interesting and deeply meaningful to learn about and celebrate the traditional Jewish holidays.

Heather, not only did you meet that goal, but you PASSED it! You rock! Have fun out in the middle of nowhere (that's all Tom had to say about 29 Palms when he had to go there to practice for President Reagan's funeral).

Kathleen, please, please, please get your air conditioner fixed! That's way too hot to be sitting in! Glad the game went well and that the temperature was a little cooler for you!

tdi, what movies did you watch? We were on a bad choice streak - "Dan in Real Life" and then "Michael Clayton". I didn't really care for either of them. Need some recommendations, though!

Rose, glad the track meet went well! Go team!

Barbara, I had soup for lunch today! It's dreary and threatening to storm so it just seemed like the right thing to do. Butternut squash. :T

We're about to make our own pizzas for dinner. The kids are all excited. Today's toppings will be artichoke hearts, baby spinach, mushrooms, and veggie pepperoni. Can't wait!

Kara

Natalie'sMom
04-27-2008, 06:44 PM
Hi ladies! I hope you don't mind me jumping right in! :)

My DH and I are starting SBD tomorrow! We did it several years ago and had some success -- so I am looking forward to doing it again. I have over 100 lbs to lose! :faint: And DH needs to lose 10-15 -- lucky for him he kept off the 20 pounds he lost the first time around. I had two babies...enough said!

Anyway, I went to the grocery store today and got our goodies. And I walked the baby today -- I've already been "watching" what I eat since I had the baby so it's not a complete change, just more formalizing the plan.

I look forward to "meeting" each of you!

:) Lauren

cottagebythesea
04-27-2008, 06:58 PM
:welcome3: Lauren! It's always nice to meet someone new, and we're very happy to have you back on the Beach! :)

Jake and I just back from a very pleasant dinner. We brought dessert home, and Dustin and Andrea and the kids are coming over shortly to join us. Although I had planned for this "cheat", I'm looking forward to getting back on track after this indulgence. To be honest, I don't really enjoy eating off-plan anymore. :D A small NSV, for what it's worth!

ladybugnessa
04-27-2008, 07:18 PM
welcome lauren.

Natalie'sMom
04-27-2008, 08:19 PM
Hi ladies -- thanks for the welcome! :)

Loriann7
04-27-2008, 11:07 PM
Kara, I also am Christian. Yet, our roots, we have the OT for a reason. Everything that happened was depicting Christ. For instance, did you realize that the plagues, the frogs, the blood, lice etc were actually gods the Egyptians worshipped? everything on the Sedar plate points to Christ!

tomandkara
04-27-2008, 11:54 PM
Loriann, that's so interesting. I really do need to do more reading about the Jewish holidays. It's been on my list of things to do for a couple years now but I've never gotten around to it. Thanks for sharing!

Lauren, welcome to the forum! Your baby is just adorable! Good luck getting started this week.

Linda, glad your dinner out was nice. It's great to be in a place where you can appreciate the indulgence and then enjoy getting back on track!

I'm off to bed. Just wanted to check in one more time. Happy snoozing, all!

Kara