Old 04-25-2008, 05:12 PM   #1  

Default Hit a Plateau

Hello all.

Been on Core since mid Oct, 07. I was averaging 1 lb per week loss. I seem to be playing with a pound, back and forth for the last few weeks.

I am power walking for at least 30 min. each day, every day. I'm not eating any more or less. I would welcome any suggestions to kick start my weight loss. Should I count points? I hate Flex and love the freedom of Core.

I don't use my AP's and very seldom use my 35 extra pts each week. I limit using them to 5 per day and might use 2 of them, but not everyday.

Thank you.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:15 PM   #2  
focused and aiming

Have you talked with your WW leader? Maybe she could give you some ideas.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:18 PM   #3  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

I have heard from different leaders that you need to change things. Eat different foods, or try eating your activity points. Sometimes if you do a lot of activity, your body needs to replenish itself so you might need to eat the extra points you have burned.
Another thing is what you stated. Change to flex for a week or two.
Other people say to boost up your exercising more than what you normally do.
Someone else mentioned that she used to walk, and changed her exercise regimen to kickboxing. Maybe do aerobics or something other than walking. I haven't gotten to a plateau yet, but I am getting this advice from the reading I've done on ww online, and what I have heard ww leaders say.

Hope this helps!

twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:32 PM   #4  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

I, like the last person who wrote, am only restating what I have heard other people on this site say. Most of the people I really respect on this site (the ones that have lost a TON of weight) say that it is NORMAL to plateau for a couple of weeks, and that a real plateau is when you reach a couple of MONTHS without changing weight. Our bodies have to make a ton of changes when we drop weight, and sometimes it needs some time to catch up. So try not to worry, and keep on keeping on. You can try to change things up. But the biggest thing is to realize this is normal and don't give up!
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:01 PM   #5  

I'll talk to my leader and see what she thinks. I know it's not a long plateau, by any means, but this is the first one since I started Core.

I appreciate all your suggestions. I might try adding more food first and see what happens.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote