100 lb. Club - I Haven't Been On In A Few Days...pls Pray 4 Me I'm In A Shelter

readytobeme2010
04-25-2008, 02:22 PM
Hi Guys,

Sorry I haven't been on in a few days. Alot of you know that I have had a difficult situation within my marriage without details....

Ok well three days ago my husband tried to kill me....I made it to a domestic violence shelter. Very strange for me to be there, I only left with my purse in my hands.

My children are with me and are safe.

Dieting sorry is the last thing on my mind. I eat what is available to us at the shelter. My life is pretty upside down although my faith is strong. We have no clothes on us and it's pretty crazy. I literally walked out with my whole life left behind.....

I only have access to a computer very limited...i have to walk to the local college to get on with my children and i'm scared to walk outside the shelter right now. I had to take care of some business things on my emails so I had to get here today.

Anyway, more later but your prayers and thoughts would be so appreciated.

Thanks a million

Angie

Fat Chick B Gone
04-25-2008, 02:25 PM
Good luck chikie! You took a really brave step leaving and you know it was of course the right thing to do for you and your children. Life can only get better from here. Take care of your mental and physical safety first, the weight will work itself out.

SoulBliss
04-25-2008, 02:26 PM
I am praying for you and yours. Good for you for leaving! I am so glad you are now safe.

KateB
04-25-2008, 02:30 PM
You will be in my prayers!! Keep yourself and your children safe!!

lifechange
04-25-2008, 02:32 PM
You are so strong. I am so glad you are safe. Do not give up. Do not go back. Do not ever trust him again. I lost my cousin to domestic homicide last year, no violence until she tried to walk away from the marriage.
My thoughts are with you.

Schmoodle
04-25-2008, 02:35 PM
Stay strong! I hope you will have lots of help and support to make it through this difficult time, but it will all be worth it in the end. A better life is waiting for you.

Michelle125
04-25-2008, 02:42 PM
I will pray for you! I am glad you are safe now!!

utgirl09
04-25-2008, 02:48 PM
Good for you for walking out of that situation. You will be in my prayers. I am glad that you and your children are now safe.

findingfawn
04-25-2008, 02:50 PM
:hug: sweetie! I have been there! I'm sure you know to be thankful that you and your children are safe, but it's still hard to not know where to go next! I will keep you and your kiddos in my thoughts and prayers.

ladybugnessa
04-25-2008, 02:57 PM
:hug: you do what you need to do!

Vates
04-25-2008, 03:00 PM
i too am a survior of DV. Please know you will make it through. be kind to youself i am happy your safe

Mrs Snark
04-25-2008, 03:03 PM
I'll be thinking of you and I'm so glad you and your children are somewhere safe. Please take care of yourself!

rockinrobin
04-25-2008, 03:17 PM
Oh Angela, I'm so incredibly sorry to hear of this. I am glad that you and your kids are safe though. That is thee most important thing. Sending prayers your way. :hug:

Lovely
04-25-2008, 03:21 PM
:hug: Many positive thoughts being sent your way during this very difficult time.

GR8 2B48
04-25-2008, 03:23 PM
Angie, you are in my prayers. Don't look back. I was in a shelter once with my children and it was a blessing in disguise. I ended up running the shelter in a little over two months. Take care of yourself and your children.

fiberlover
04-25-2008, 03:28 PM
:hug:

Sandi
04-25-2008, 03:34 PM
:hug: I am so glad that you and your kids are safe. :angel: Prayers :angel: coming your way.

Lyn2007
04-25-2008, 03:35 PM
I am so sorry you're in that position! I hope things turn out ok. Press charges. Once he is in jail you can go back and get your clothes and things. Get a restraining order. If he is found guilty of attempted murder he will be put away for a LONG TIME where he belongs! Hang in there, prayers sent your way.

xGurlyGrlx
04-25-2008, 03:39 PM
:hug::hug::hug:

suzie76
04-25-2008, 04:16 PM
Angie,

I'm so glad you made it out of there alive! Hugs and prayers to you and your children. I hope you can find a safe, permanent solution soon.

Sherry

FB
04-25-2008, 04:21 PM
Stay strong and safe!

Hope20
04-25-2008, 04:31 PM
:hug::hug:How brave are you!!I am so glad that you and your children are safe, you will be in my prayers, one moment at a time sweetie:hug:

scoobie74
04-25-2008, 04:34 PM
I am glad that you and your children are safe! You and your children will be in my thoughs and prayers.

chris313
04-25-2008, 05:09 PM
Angie-I have never spoken with you on 3FC, but I am truly happy that you got you and your children out of a very dangerous situation. Please listen to the advice of the ladies that have been in your position-NEVER GO BACK TO HIM. No matter what he says or promises, you have to protect yourself and your children. God is always with you, and when you feel like you won't be able to get through this, He will make sure you do.

I would like to help you in any way I can. If you need clothes or toiletries or just anything in general please pm me your address and I will send them to you.
I am praying for you,
Christine

bargoo
04-25-2008, 05:23 PM
Angie, praying for you. You might be interested in the Christian Endeavors Forum.

Wannabeskinnymama
04-25-2008, 05:24 PM
Happy you are safe and will continue to lift you in my prayers!

midwife
04-25-2008, 05:46 PM
I am so glad you removed yourself and your children from that situation. Please let us know how we can help. Do you have a Paypal account? You are not alone. Let us know what we can do.

Shy Moment
04-25-2008, 05:53 PM
Angie
I am sure the local chapter of womans advocates will help you with seeing a judge and getting a restraining order and such. Then you can go back to your home. I am so glad you got you and your children out of a dangerous situation. Please, set up a pay pal account ( it is free to do ). There are a great many of us that want to help all we can. Will of course keep you in my prayers. With God all things are possible, sometimes he just expects us to do what he tells us to do.

bargoo
04-25-2008, 06:00 PM
Angie , under no circumstances should you go back to your home, unless you are positive that your husband will not be there. I would only risk going home if he is in jail Restraining orders do not always work. Be sure to get some good legal advice before doing anything.

winning the war
04-25-2008, 06:02 PM
Be proud of your strength and your faith. They will carry you and your kids through this rough time. You did the right thing for you and your kiddos!! Congrats on breaking the chain! You all will be in my prayers!!

famograham
04-25-2008, 06:12 PM
Shy Moment- That's a GREAT idea :)

Sweetie, I am SO PROUD of you for getting you and the kids out. I know from personal experience how terrifying it is to escape and get into a shelter (although I didn't have kids at the time).

Everybody's right, get those advocates, and the police involved...and life will go on. Do not contemplate going back to him, no matter how hard it is! You are worth so much more, and are deserving of a true, respectful, and safe love!

Prayers for you :goodvibe: And we are all here to help....please do consider setting up a Paypal account, OK?
Linda

jtammy
04-25-2008, 06:40 PM
I'm praying for you and your kids. :hug: Take care of yourself. We're pulling for you.

shrinkinglizzy
04-25-2008, 06:44 PM
Must be the hardest thing every. i'm thinking of you.

Lyn2007
04-25-2008, 06:49 PM
How old are the children? If you want to PM me which shelter/city you are in, I think I can help you.

Gela
04-25-2008, 07:08 PM
You are in my prayers. You are absolutely doing the right thing now. I am glad you are safe. I am also very proud of you I know that is a very hard step to take but I know things will get better.

Halichick
04-25-2008, 07:32 PM
You and your children are in my thoughts and prayers Angie. Stay safe hon.:hug:

Beverlyjoy
04-25-2008, 09:40 PM
You are very brave :hug: - I will pray for you and your children to find a much better life. YOu've taken the first step. I wish you health, happiness, hope and much more.

moon fairy
04-25-2008, 09:52 PM
You will be in my prayers tonight. I'm glad you're safe now along with your children. ((Hugs))

Tonia
04-25-2008, 10:06 PM
You are very brave. :hug:

God Bless and know that you are in our prayers.

Darkblue
04-25-2008, 10:36 PM
Angie, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck!

shelby897
04-25-2008, 10:57 PM

You have amazing strength to take this step -- you will make your children so proud of you :hug:

You are in my prayers and if the 3FC's could, we would surround you and keep you safe :hug:

PaulaM
04-25-2008, 11:07 PM
You're all in my prayers. I agree, don't go back to the house, a restraining order is just a piece of paper that is rather useless, cops don't do anything about it until after the fact of something happening. Bless you all.

ThisTimeIsDifferent
04-25-2008, 11:15 PM
Thank God you, and your kids are safe and out of there! Your in my thoughts and prayers :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: :hug::hug:

CountingDown
04-25-2008, 11:25 PM
Angie, you and your family are in our prayers. Stay strong. You WILL get through this!
God Bless!

Institches21
04-25-2008, 11:57 PM
Stay Strong, and Be Safe. May everything work out for You and your Children.

Ookpik
04-26-2008, 12:02 AM
You are very brave. Take care and stay strong.

SuchAPrettyFace
04-26-2008, 01:23 AM
:hug: Please update when you can, glad you & the kids got out!!!

snflrgrl1962
04-26-2008, 02:13 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you!! I am so glad you and your children are safe. :hug::hug::hug:

just keep swimming
04-26-2008, 03:54 AM
:hug: My thoughts and prayers are with you and your children.

net knee
04-26-2008, 04:33 AM
Praying for you and your children. Praying for peace in your heart and your soul as well. Stay strong and know that you've already made the best choice of your life and I believe you're one heck of a mom! I pray everything works out for you!

Hopefulpinkangel
04-27-2008, 11:28 AM
:hug: You are in my prayers.

improbable
04-27-2008, 11:36 AM
Hey, hope everything is going ok - comment here when you get a chance so we know you're alright! Put me on the list for "pm if you need anything" - toiletries, clothes, a few bucks. Please take everyone here up on their offers of help, there's absolutely no shame in it - we've all been in similar places at some point, and if not for yourself, then for your kids.

barbygirl43
04-28-2008, 10:47 AM
:grouphug: Thinking of you.

djs06
04-28-2008, 11:59 AM
Angie, I am so proud of you for getting out of that situation and handling it so well with your kids. You and your children are in my thoughts.. please keep us updated and let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

BrandNewJen
04-28-2008, 02:51 PM
You've taken the hardest step you can take... hopefully, with God's help, your road will become more easy every day. I will pray for you.

readytobeme2010
04-28-2008, 04:17 PM
I only get a few minutes here and there to be on the computer. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. DIET IS OUT THE WINDOW I have to eat what they have in the shelter...UGh

The children are doing ok, they are 9, 11 and 14....They are truly wonderful

We spend time every night talking, reading the Bible, praying for God to order our steps.

It hurts and I am in alot of emotional turmoil but I do not choose to live as a victim, I WILL indeed get through this, I know that I can trust my Father in Heaven and that is my hope, my strength.

I will keep you all updated as I can get on here.

Thanks again

PS for those who asked me to PM you....I have no clue even how to do it. UGH...

Jen
04-28-2008, 04:20 PM
I can't even to begin to understand what you are going through but I am very happy that you and your kids made it to the shelter safely. Don't worry about losing weight, that has to be the least of your worries now. Whatever you do just don't go back home, stay in the shelter as long as you can, I'm sure the staff are doing whatever is in their power to find you social programs to help you and your kids.

ChubsGalore
04-28-2008, 09:10 PM
I can send you some money. but how to get to you?:(

Tai
04-28-2008, 09:19 PM
Please stay strong. We are all thinking of you!

KidsLibrarylady
04-28-2008, 11:21 PM
Best wishes to you and your children. I am so very sorry you are in this situation. I hope you are proud of your strength in making the choice to get out. That is a difficult choice to make. Here is how to post according to FAQs on this site (essentially you go to your User CP page and you will find the private message information on the sidebar. If you receive a private message, it will be indicated on the top right hand corner of any page you are on.):

Private messages work a little like email, but are limited to registered members of this forum. You may be able to include vB Code, smilies and images in private messages that you send.

You can turn Private Messaging on or off in your UserCP, under "Edit Options".

You may send a private message to a member of this forum by clicking the 'Send A Private Message' link in the private messaging section of your user control panel, or by clicking the Send Private Message button in a member's posts.

When you send a message, you have the option to save a copy of the message in your Sent Items folder.

Private Message Folders

By default, you will have two folders in your private message area. These are the Inbox and the Sent Items folders.

The Inbox folder contains any new messages you receive, and allows you to view all the messages you have received, along with the name of the person who sent the message to you, and the date and time the message was sent.

The Sent Items folder contains a copy of any messages that you have sent, where you have specified that you wish to keep a copy of the message for future reference.

You may create additional folders for your messages by clicking the 'Edit Folders' link.

Each folder has a set of message controls which allow you to select messages, then either move them to one of your custom folders, or delete them completely. You may also have a button which allows you to forward multiple messages from a folder to another member of the forum.

You will need to periodically delete old messages, as the administrator has probably set a limit to the number of private messages you can have in your folders. If you exceed the number of messages specified by the administrator, you will not be able to send or receive new messages until you delete some old messages.

Whenever you read a message, you will have the option to reply to the message, or forward that message to another member of the forum. You may also have the ability to forward that message to multiple members of your buddy list.

Jen415
04-29-2008, 02:08 PM
Just adding my good thoughts to you!

TheDivineMrsM
05-03-2008, 10:33 AM
Angie, I have been a lurker here for a few weeks. But you have inspired me to finally register. You are strong! You have made one of the most difficult decisions you will ever make. You should be commended!

I am a police officer in SC. I know that the path to safety and independance is long and winding. If I may offer some advice and encouragement, it would be this:

1. Stay strong. There will be times when it is very difficult not to return. Think about your children. The majority of Domestic Violence victims grew up in a home where their mother was abused. The same is true for boys who become batterers themselves.

2. Use the shelter resources. I am sure you are already aware of the shelter's legal advocasy and employment training options. Take advantage of everything they have to offer.

3. Get a restraining order but remember that it is only a piece of paper. It will not protect you, but it will make for stiffer penalties if he violates it.

FINALLY, be proud of yourself for making this step. I am proud of you. You have lots of support here. Let us know what you need.

Michelle