Support Groups - Weight Loss & Chit Chat #294

View Full Version : Weight Loss & Chit Chat #294

Jane
04-24-2008, 06:42 PM
Hello and :welcome: to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. :gossip: So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome. :yes:

Jane
04-24-2008, 07:14 PM
Hi ladies,

Sue - well, darn, I was hoping you'd hit a big jackpot. Feel better soon, sweetie.

Ruth - wow, you've had a lot of struggles in the past few years. I guess several of us have. Good thing we don't know what's coming our way ahead of time, right? No, the Jules you knew back them was a different Jules. The one who's with us now is a nice lady with a heart of gold, that happens to be a new, 1st time grandma.

Mindee - well, at least B's problem is something easily fixed. Madison had some fluid build-up awhile back, and the doc mentioned tubes, but when she went back a month later for a check-up, the fluid was almost gone, so they didn't go ahead with scheduling the procedure.

Kate - I have to tell you, hon, I'm tired of my whole body, lol. You're right - losing any amount tends to give me a better feeling, too. I tend to wear a lot of open camp shirts or such over a tank to help hide some of my chub. I'm really glad the look is still fashionable, lol.

Pandora - so glad you had a nice Passover celebration, and especially glad you're brother and his family stopped by for dessert. Here's hoping your colonoscopy results are/were ok. When DH Neal had his a couple of months ago, the doc gave him his results while he was still in recovery. Was this just a routine procedure?

Marti - aww, the weekend will be here before you know it, and you'll be able to rest then. I don't post my number of pounds lost anymore because it's downright embarrassing.

Trish - oh my, that's so sad about your dad and his wife. It's awful that they have to go through something like this at their ages, and I hope those kids of hers realize what they're doing!

Ellen - how are you feeling?

Francie - hi :wave:

DGS Jackson is in the hospital with pneumonia, and I'll be at there all day tomorrow with him while Terry and Gina are at work. That poor kid has been so sick the entire 1st year of his little life. He doesn't look like a sickly kid, though. He looks like a buster, lol. I'll have to post a picture one of these days.

I've been getting enough exercise (for me, lol) and doing the other stuff, but I keep going over my points! Even when I journal my emotions, etc, I still am overeating. There really isn't any "bad" food in the house, but I've had too much of the other stuff.

I'll check in here tomorrow evening after I get home. Take care. :hug:

Shopaholic1204
04-24-2008, 09:56 PM
OMG!! You guys check out this video. Its a Turkish man belly dancing!! LoL!! I like how he shakes his tush at the end, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkGdS0u47BY

tommysgirl18
04-25-2008, 12:06 AM
just popping in here before heading off to bed!

there is still a lot of cleaning that has to get done before the party on Saturday, and Tommy told me when he got home from work today that he has to work on Saturday. So, guess who gets to do, pretty much all of the cleaning and what not......you guessed it ME! Mind you, on top of taking care of the kids!

Jane~ I hope Jackson gets better soon! I had to have tubes when I was younger. And if I am not mistaken, my mom told me that I wouldn't shut up after I got them done. (which reminds me, I have been meaning to send her an email with what happened) The part that I don't understand, is how come their pediatrician didn't pick up on the fluid being in there

Francie~ That was a cute movie....I wish I could move that way!

pattygirl63
04-25-2008, 12:37 AM
Jane - Sorry to here about little Jackson. Our youngest DGD went through a lot of illness the first couple of years of her life. It is good Grandma can be there for him. I pray he recovers quickly.

Mindee - Tony's oldest DGS had to have tubes in his ears. It changed things for him. He is 14 now and an A student. Sorry Tommy has to work and leave you with everything for the party. Let's hope the children will be extra good for Mommy that day.

Feeling a little better tonight. Heard from my sister and Mom is a little better today and Daddy is better. (Don't know if I told y'all she went into Wal-Mart without her walker, because she decided she wanted to go find Daddy and fell and broke the bones around upper lip and around nose.) He is trying to hang in there. Her kids had to call him and asked him to come and stay with her last night and tonight because she woke up wanting to know where Daddy was and she wanted him there. Her son is wore out... he has stayed one night. He finally got mad at his sister and tired of her going on tonight and told her to shut up, get her stuff and go home. So it will be interesting to see how all this plays out. Sad thing is Mom had a slight stroke a few months ago and now she has to go back to Rehab. We're not sure she will ever be able to go home again because she doesn't seem to realize she can't get around without her walker or without help. This is very hard for my Daddy. He took care of our Mother up until the moment she died. I know he wants to do the same for Mom, but I don't think he can.

See ya Ladies tomorrow.

Hugs,
Trish

tommysgirl18
04-25-2008, 01:17 AM
Trish~ Thanks for that info on Tony's DGS. I am hoping that things will work itself out with Brandon and if he does need to have tubes put in that they work for him and help with his speech and talking.

I also hope that your Mom and Daddy are both doing better.

Shopaholic1204
04-25-2008, 09:39 AM
Jane~:hugs: I hope Jackson gets better soon. I had pneumonia when I was little and all I remember is being really really sleepy.

Trish~Sorry you about your mom & dad. I hope they are doing better :hug:

Mindee~I wish I could move like that too, lol.

Marti
04-25-2008, 10:55 AM
A quick good morning to you all!!

Jane--Aww.......I hope little Jackson recovers soon! Sending Cyper Auntie hugs! :hug:

Francie--If only I could belly dance like that!!

Trish--Oh goodness....I hope your parents are both feeling better!! Ouch on the lip!!

Mindee--Hope you get some kind of help tonight cleaning so you don't spend all the time up until the party cleaning.

Good morning to everyone else!

I'm going to work early and staying late today. They've decided to move our department today instead of Sunday....so it'll be a busy day.

Before I go, I would like to report that I managed to do my walk (only walked no jogging) and felt pretty darn good about it even though I had a coughing fit after it was all done. But I did it.:D

Ok......gotta move!

Have a great Friday!

Shopaholic1204
04-25-2008, 11:34 AM
Marti~Its sad that a man can belly dance like that, lol. Good job on the walking!!! Sorry about the coughing fit.

Well..last night I wrote out my workout plan for the next 2 months. It pretty much starts the day Fonzo leaves. Heres how it looks (I wont go into total detail like I did on paper, lol)

Monday: WATP The 3 Mile Walk
Tuesday: TBL Power Sculpt
Wednesday: Core Ball
Thursday: Walk Slim
Friday: 30 Day Shred
Sat: Meditation
Sun: Day of rest (with some light outside walking)

I'm pretty excited about working out now!!

upswife
04-25-2008, 02:55 PM
Francie~I loved the video, altho, my girls said "eww" :rofl:

Have to run, feeling very tired, and trying to get some normalcy back into my schedule.

Later taters!

tommysgirl18
04-26-2008, 12:22 AM
well, today was very productive, if I do say so myself!

I got Brandon on the bus and then it was off to the races to get as much done on my list that I could before I had to get him off the bus! I vacuumed, went through the boys' clothes and pulled out the sweaters and heavy shirts and put them in a bag for now, cleaned the bathroom, cleaned up the toys, cleaned the counters in the kitchen, and I cleaned the fridge. Now, all I have to do before the party is put the toybox and loose toys in the boys room, turn the couch, turn the dining room table, and put the stuff on the porch back down into the basement that needs to go down there.

Then I got Brandon off the bus, to find a note from his speech teacher AND the principal in his backpack. The note from the principal is that a student at the school was diagnosed with MRSA, so we have to watch the kids basically. The note from his speech teacher was in response to a note that I wrote her at the end of March. She told me that they have also noticed a HUGE difference in his speech as well. She also told me that the past 2-3 sessions, he hasn't been wanting to do his part with his words. She told me every thing that she has tried with him and they didn't work, so she was asking if there is anything that we do in order to get him to cooperate.

I am going to send her and his teacher an email about the results from his hearing test, so that they are aware of it. And I am going to hold off on calling the ENT's on the list, and I will ask his pediatrician on the 30th for him to refers us to one. I know I shouldn't wait or delay it, but I know that he has some doctors that he can refers us to, and that I am sure that they work out of a hospital that is closer to us then the other doctor's that are on that sheet.

For some reason both Logan and Marissa were **** bent on NOT going to sleep tonight. So, after I got Brandon to sleep and in bed, I let Logan come out and sit and spend some time with him. We watched some tv and then I put him in his bed right before he fell asleep on me. Then I took Marissa for a walk around the complex three times, and she was still NOT ready to go to bed when we got home. I finally was just able to get her calmed down enough to go back to bed.

I got a call from Wal-Mart today. Tommy had left the information with them, but forgot to leave the names. So, the lady was calling to see if we wanted names on it. I told her that we wanted it to read "Happy 1st Birthday Marissa" and "Happy 4th Birthday Brandon." When she read back the names and spelling, she was glad that she did because she had Brandon spelled Brandan. She then said that it says to do boy girl colors.........so she asked me if pink and blue were okay. I said that it was fine, and now I am really excited and I can't wait to see it! I will have to take pictures of it before every body gets over here!

Did I mention that I managed to walk 7.3 miles on Friday between all the cleaning and walking with Marissa?

Francie~ Looks like you have a great starting point with all your workouts! I did a Walk N Tone video the other day with Leslie Sansome, and I am leaning more towards getting her dvd's. I hear her mentioned a lot on here so I might as well try it out since I can easily walk just as well and as I can do other things!

Jane
04-26-2008, 09:58 AM
Just as I started to post, Mary came in, so I'll BBL!

pattygirl63
04-26-2008, 02:34 PM
Hello Ladies,

Francie - Your plan looks good and you have a good variety so it shouldn't boring. I have some people say you don't have as much of a chance for burnout when you do a variety.

Marti - Good for you getting your walk in. You are so busy with the move at work, I would think that would count for some exercise as well.

Mindee - You were a busy little bee yesterday and walked 7.3 miles besides. You did great. The b'day cakes sounds great. I don't remember are you having the party today or Sunday?

Jane - How is our little Jason? Your trip isn't too far away.

I lost another 1.5 lbs this week which makes me a total of 9 lbs so far this month. I hope I can lose 1 more by May 1st to get my 10 lbs for this month. I saw an ad yesterday that says for every 1 lb off you tae 4 lbs of pressure off your knees. So that means I've taken 36 lbs of pressure off my knees this month.

Talked to Daddy yesterday and he was moving things to his new apartment. He cried because he isn't sure what his future is. He is on staff at his church as administration minister and works at VFW bingo a few days a week. I am so glad he has that to keep him busy. They had been living in a house on her daughter's property. So it is good he is out of there. He says he doesn't know what will happen with Mom as her kids won't let him take care of her although they want him to stay with her all night at the hospital. She'll be there for a few more days. He thinks her daughter will finally put her in a nursing home. I think he will be okay, but it will take him time to adjust. He is a survivor. I worry more about her.

Everybody I missed HELLO. Have a great week end.

Hugs,
Trish

Shopaholic1204
04-26-2008, 02:56 PM
Mindee~7.3 miles!!! WTG!!!! :cheer:

Jane~:wave: Hows Jackson doing??

Trish~I hope I dont get burned out with the variety. It'll be interesting. I saved the 30 day shred for last because that one kills me, lol.

katenicole
04-26-2008, 05:59 PM
Jane- I hope Jackson is doing better!!

I have been kidless for the day. A friend of mine offered to take Connor for the night and today. I miss the booger, but I am enjoying spending the day relaxing on my new comfy sheets. It's quite dark outside too because of a storm, so it's even better.

Tonight, we were supposed to go to the Festival International but it's stormy, so instead, the hubby's father is going to take us out to eat crawfish. Yep, I'm a Southerner. The husband doesn't eat that though, so I'm sure he'll be enjoying a steak.

pattygirl63
04-26-2008, 08:58 PM
Hi Ladies.

Just a quick fly by tonight. Heard from my Daddy tonight and he was happy. :carrot: He was at the hospital with Mom and her son and told them what he had done. My step-brother understood and Mom cried and told Daddy she didn't want him to leave her. They worked everything out and they are going to stay together. Daddy assured her and her son that he loves her and promised her that he would be there for her. We are all so happy. I don't know what her daughter that causes trouble will think but I don't think her brother will put up with her. Now that Mom is feeling better and not being drugged because of the pain and knows what is going on, I don't think she will either. Now I just pray she will get well and be able to go home with Daddy to their new home after rehab.

Everything else has been quiet around here. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.:)

:hug: Trish

Jane
04-26-2008, 11:09 PM
Hello ladies,

Pat - here's the right thread. :) Jump on in and tell us more about yourself. What part of Indiana are you from? I'm south of Vincennes.

Trish - oh, I'm so glad your dad is getting back w/stepmom. Hopefully, the DD will mind her own business and let them live their own lives. I am so proud of your weight loss! You're an inspiration to us. Yep, our trip is 2 weeks from tomorrow. Whoo hoo!

Marti - yay for you, getting the walking in. Did your department get moved? I hope you're getting some rest this weekend.

Mindee - wow you were a busy lady yesterday! I bet the kids will be so excited at the party. They're growing up too fast!

Kate - crawfish, huh? My older DDs DH eats those - he's from Mississippi. I hope you had a really good time.

Francie - that's some exercise schedule you have set for yourself. You'll be toned in no time!

Hello to Sue, Tammy, and anyone else reading this. :wave:

Jackson is better. He's released from the hospital, sent home with a breathing machine. I'll be watching him Monday after his doctor's appt. because he needs better care than the daycare can give him. Thank you all so much for asking about him.

Mary told me today that she and Dale have separated and she will be filing for a divorce. He's still working in Mississippi. I'm sad to see the family fall apart, but I know it's for the best. When he is home, they fight all the time, and that's worse for the kids than anything. Still, it's sad.

My eating has been bad. Well, "not-so-good" would be a more accurate description. I didn't get any exercise today, and feel sluggish because of it. Yikes, I need a good dose of willpower!

TTFN,

tommysgirl18
04-27-2008, 03:23 AM
I am popping in here before I head off to bed.

I am uploading the pictures that were taken today, well now it is yesterday, at the party! every body all had a blast! the kids got plenty of clothes and they each got a couple of toys. they also got some books, which they are loving! Tommy got them each a balloon. He got Marissa a 1st birthday balloon and he got Brandon a 4th birthday balloon. He then also got twelve smaller balloons, which we then had to pull one out for Logan because he got mad.

I will go and change my avatar here in a second to the kids' cake. it turned out really cute and it was really good!

In all the walking around, cleaning and what not, I managed to walk yet another 6.3 or so miles for Saturday! I need to keep up with all that walking.....although I did kind of eat a little too much pizza.......

Shyla
04-27-2008, 09:55 AM
Hi Jaded Ladies,

I am new to your group.

I have been reading a good book about carbs..."Good Carbs Bad Carbs". I am taking the road down the low GI carb value diet. I do very well on the week days but fall short of my diet goals on the weekends.

This week I am going to try and get in at least 30 min of exercise a day and
drink more water.

Does the water bit really help? I have always fallen short of my water drinking
and I wonder if it is really that important to obtaining my goal.

One thing I do that I believe really helps is, every night I put two tablespoons
of psyillium in a glass of water and drink it. It seems to make me regulaar and
which I believe is very beneficial.

I enjoy reading about the group and am wishing all great success.

Shyla

Dixiemae
04-27-2008, 01:44 PM
Hi everyone. Can some one tell me how to make a ticker to track my weight loss. Also can some one tell me how to make a pretty thingie at the side of my posts. To help me with accountability. I am going to jump in with both feet; brave the scales in the morning, and learn to love myself where I am right now. I need these things to motivate me. So far today has been good. I am enjoying getting to know everyone here. Have a wonderful day and thank you all.
Pat

Shopaholic1204
04-27-2008, 02:51 PM
Just stopping by really quickly.

I played some Wii games for 2 hours yesterday and my arms are freakin killing me, lol. But its like a good pain, I dunno.

The downstairs monsters were mowing there lawn not too long ago..and we had our window open. So now my nose is runny and my head is stuffed and I cant stop sneezing. Ughhh I feel like crap.

Jane~Glad Jackson is doing better.

Mindee~That cake looks sooooooooo good, lol. Woohoo on walking 6.3 miles!!

Shyla~Hi :wave: I think that water is pretty important.

Pat: Hi too :wave:

Well..I'm gonna go see where the allergy meds are. Have a nice sunday!!! BBL!!

tommysgirl18
04-27-2008, 03:15 PM
nothing really new since I last posted....

I am about to go and take some cake over to the office manager here in a second after I get dressed. Lazy Sunday.....and after all the hulla baloo of yesterday I think we can all make today a lazy Sunday!

welcome to the new members!!!

Shyla~ I have found that when I drink more water during the day, I am not so sluggish and I feel a heck of a lot better then as if I hadn't! So, I think that it does help out a lot!

Dixiemae~ As far as making the ticker, there is a link at the top of the screen under the "quick links" section. then you scroll down to where it says user control panel and there it is. (it says signature weight loss ticker) as far as the avatar (the pretty thing next to the posts) you do those also in your control panel. have fun!

Francie~ I am the same way around fresh cut grass. So, if I see that they are cutting it, and it is warm/hot outside, I will put the air on. other wise I sneeze and struggle through it as best that I can

pattygirl63
04-27-2008, 03:45 PM
:wave:Hello Ladies,

:welcome: to the group Shyla and Pat. Glad to have you here and look forward to getting to know you.

Shyla - I notice you are from Austin, TX. I was born and raised in Waco. I lived in TX up until 2003 when I met my hubby and moved to FL where he lived at the time. We now live in SC just south of Charlotte. Still have family back there in TX. The water is very important in my opinion. I lose weight better when I drink the water and it also is great at crbing my appetite. I have found that when drink all that water, I don't have room for a lot of food.:)

Pat - I think one of the others can help you with avatar etc better than me. I struggle with it everytime I use it myself.:?:

Jane - So glad Jackson is home and doing better. :carrot:

Minee - The cake is darling. Did Anna show up?

Francie - Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Y'all have a great Sunday.

:hug:
Trish

tommysgirl18
04-27-2008, 04:07 PM
Trish~ Thanks for the nice comments on the cake. And yes Anna did show up. She was actually the second person to show up and she stayed for the whole party and left around 7pm.

pattygirl63
04-27-2008, 04:22 PM
Oh, I forgot to tell you guys that I have finally lost my first 10 lbs. Yay :carrot: The new avatar is for me... to help me keep going.:dizzy:

Mindee - I am so glad she came and stayed for the whole party. I know that was good for the children and you and Tommy.

Trish

suetalks
04-27-2008, 04:45 PM
Hello Jl's. Hope you are all enjoying your Sunday afternoon.
It is a lazy one here and the weather is quite nippy. I wanted to work outside, but quickly changed my mind. We did walk around the yard to see what all has popped up. I am happy to report that my black thumb is leaning slightly more toward green. Just about everything I planted last year is up. I lost one small rose bush and so far no signs of my clematis. The hostas and ferns are thriving. Both flowering almonds did indeed flower and are so pretty. I planted them after blooming season, so had my fingers crossed that they would bloom this year. All in all if we could just get the grass to grow in the front I would love my yard. DH will be working on that next week. (as he did in the Fall to no avail) The pergola is almost finished, so he will need another project.

Have a ham cooking and will fix veggies and a salad. Plan to clean the kitchen after dinner. I wanted to dust the tops of things again...but not while cooking. haha...dust soup. I often wonder just how we get so much dust. New house, very well insulated and tight. Where does that dust come from??

Congrats Trish and to all the LOSERS this week....and all the MOVERS and SHAKERS. Keep it up ladies.

Jane
04-27-2008, 07:58 PM
Hi ladies,

Mindee - I'm so glad Anna showed up at all. That she came early and stayed late was more icing on the cake. Speaking of cake, aww, the one you bought is so cute!

Shyla - a big welcome to you. I think water gives me more energy, helps fill me up, helps keep me regular, and helps me lose better. (Although I seem to be in a holding pattern right now, it isn't because of the water.) Btw, you're welcome to fill out a bio if/when you want so we can know more about you.

Francie - ah choo! I've got the same thing going on with my allergies. What a pain!

Pat - I need a whole bottle of inspiration and motivation, lol. Glad you're liking it here. For a ready-made avatar, click on the UserCP in the upper lefthand corner of this page. From there, click on avatar, and quite a few of them will be shown for your choice. You can customize your avatar, but although I can do it, I'm not the right one to explain it.

Sue - do you really want to know what your dust is? A huge percent of it is your dead skin cells that fall off. How gross is THAT?? Glad you didn't get any in the food, haha.

Trish - whoo hoo for making your 10 pounds. :cp: I'm so proud of you!

Marti - I hope you're feeling better and had a good weekend.

Tammy - where are you? There's another new episode of Brothers and Sisters tonight.

Thank you for your kind comments about Jackson. Gotta go - it's almost 8pm here, and I've got some things to get ready for tomorrow.

TTFN,

katenicole
04-27-2008, 08:55 PM
Sigh. today has been a lazy day. I didn't exercise. I will do some crunches later though, I'm just slacking.
I haven't eaten the best. But I haven't eaten that much. Need to decide what's for dinner.
We had to get our car fixed today, the tire blew out, and we need to order shocks for it so that the new tire won't ruin.
Hope everyone had a great day!

tommysgirl18
04-27-2008, 11:58 PM
I meant to post this earlier, but here is the link to the album of ALL the pictures that were taken at the party, and some that were taken after the party.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v257/tommysgirl18/kids%20birthday%20party%204-26/

you will more then likely be prompted for a password, so type in brandon and enjoy!

Trish~ That is great that you lost your first ten pounds! I just happened to realize that this time four years ago, I was pushing 300 pounds! I am now 50 pounds lighter then I was then, and I am looking forward to making it a lot lighter in the months to come.

Jane~ I agree with you! It really was the icing on the cake when she stayed for the whole event and didn't run off! I tried to get a lot of pictures with her and the kids in them so that I could show them and they won't forget her like Brandon was starting to do. now, if we can go back to making a weekly night out for dinner or a get together. I just had an idea, I am going to send the kids godparents an email with that suggestion, and I will put it into the works!

short & sassy
04-28-2008, 12:31 AM
Hi ladies,

Wow, it looks like I'm gonna have to show up more often to keep track of everybody here!! LOL I'm having trouble keeping up with who everyone is. Please be patient with me if I get confused.

MINDEE-the cake was adorable. It looks like the kids had a blast. Your little girl sure did dive into that cake!! LOL Aren't 1st birthdays the best. We should be having one in September for my youngest granddaughter. I can't wait!

Thrish-Congrats on the first 10 lbs gone!! Keep doing what your doing and they will keep coming off!

Shyla-Welcome, I'm kinda new myself. I was here when the thread started and was MIA for many years. Now I'm back and ready to commit for the long term.

Francie - are you shopaholic? If so, I was reading about your Wii games and wanted to ask you how you like it? I just bought the system yesterday. My friend has one, I tried hers and decided I'd get one in hopes that I can use it as another means of exercise! What games do you have. Right now, I just have the one that comes with it? I spent about 1 1/2 hours playing tonight and my shoulder is a little sore!

Hey Jane, question, did you once sign on as Jana? For some reason that sticks in my head. Oh, is Jackson one of your grandbabies?

Well, it's late and I better get in bed. Another day of work tomorrow!

Shopaholic1204
04-28-2008, 01:26 AM
Trish~WTG on losing 10 pounds!!! That is AWESOME!!!!! :carrot:

Sue~You have a flower garden?? That is so cool!!! I took floral design in school and always wanted my own garden.

Jane~I hate allergies. Thankfully, I took some meds and it went away for a lil bit. Hope you're feeling better too.

Short N Sassy~I have one bowling game and the games that it came with. Which is what we mostly just use. The next game I'm gonna get is Cooking Mama. I have it for my DS and I LOVE it!! Its a lot of fun. When Fonzo gets back home, we're gonna get Pirates of the Caribbean so we can sword fight. As for the exercise..well..my arms are killing me. I've been playing a lot of the bowling, tennis, baseball & boxing games. I'm useless at golf, lol.

I had a very fun day with Fonzo. We wrestled each other, lol. It ended up being a workout, lol. We walked to Subway too. Except when it started raining on us. But thats WA for ya.

Oh ya..I found out that I'm on the Blue Team for the Biggest Loser Challenge. I'm so very excited about it. I get to start my workouts tomorrow..Woohoo!! I cant wait!!

Well..I shall go for now.

Shopaholic1204
04-28-2008, 09:21 AM
Just letting you all know..I posted some pics in the 20 something photo page!!

Marti
04-28-2008, 11:33 AM
Good morning ladies.
The coffee is brewing and it's Monday......am I ready for it? I think so. I'm a bit behind so lets see if I can catch up a little.

Francie--You and hubby are just so darn cute together!! Love the photos!

Ruth--She did go by Jana! And I'm not sure if you even remember me, but I was MNJ to start with.

Mindee--Thanks for sharing the photos, they were great!! Looks like everyone had lots of fun.

Katenicole--I have been slacking too. I usually try to keep up w/everything even if I'm sick...this last week just went out the window! This week will be different!

Jane--I'm so glad to hear that Jackson is home and feeling better, and how wonderful that grandma is going to take care of him today!

Sue--I worked on cleaning up my yard most of the day yesterday. It's a bit overwhelming but I was happy to see sprouts coming up! I'll never have a green thumb, so thankfully most of the things planted are perennials! :D

Trish--Fantastic on losing 10lbs!! That's great!! And very motivating isn't it? Keep up the great work!

Pat--Looks like the girls pointed you in the right direction for the ticker and avatar. Let us know if you need more help.

Shyla--Water for me makes a huge difference....which always has me wondering why it's so difficult to get it in! Looking forward to getting to know more about you!

Ellen--Did the normalcy ever come?? Are you rested??

Hello to all the other gals, I apologize if I missed ya.

Today is a new day. I still feel ill, cough is hanging on, but I've got to get the exercise in. It makes a huge difference when I don't.

Eating hasn't been bad but I can definitely say it wasn't all that good either.

Ok...time to have that cup of coffee.

Chat w/you girls later!

Dixiemae
04-28-2008, 12:25 PM
Hi Ladies, I tried to make a ticker. When I got to the copy and paste at the end something glitched. It would not do it. I will try again later today. I need to remake the whole thing from beginning to end. The scale said 198 this morning. All the information is wrong. Thank you all for your help.

I woke up this morning with a headache that just won't quit. Breakfast was 2 Tylenol and a glass of water. Then I ate a container of yogurt with almond slivers. I am so sick and tired of waking up each morning feeling sick and tired. Time for a change. I cut way back on my sugary carbs:carrot: I didn't drink water yesterday :o Need to cut way back on the diet soda, think I am addicted to it.

I live in Lafayette Indiana Jane:) I am miles North of you. Indianapolis is 65 miles from here. You live in a very historic town. I have been there a couple of times. Would like to visit again soon. I love history.

Have a great day ladies and thank you all for your help Pat

short & sassy
04-28-2008, 01:33 PM
Hi Dixie, hope you are feeling better? Is it the change in your diet that is giving you the headaches?

Marti, I do remember MNJ..the username, truthfully not to much about anything else. It is great to be posting with you guys again...this site has been a great motivational tool through the years...especially when I stick to it.

Francie, my friend played the dance one last night and said it was a workout, after she understood what she was suppose to be doing...I will just probably play the ones that came with it until my grandson comes for the summer, then I will buy some more games.

tommysgirl18
04-28-2008, 02:16 PM
just popping in here while I have a quick second! I am trying to eat some ramon noodles at the time of typing this.....so I am trying to do this without getting anything on the laptop.

short&sassy~ what is your first name, by the way? thanks for the nice comments! they kids had a blast, and even the adults had a lot of fun! we had some minor issues with our son Logan and him being jealous at times, which we should have been prepared for, but we didn't think he would make it into a big issue. Tommy's brother and his family bought a mylar happy birthday balloon and gave it to Brandon, so to make it all even we gave that one to Logan.

we had to keep telling Logan that he has six months (from today) and then it will be his birthday and that he will have the whole day to himself!

Francie~ That sounded like a great time! me and tommy have those kind of wrestling times, but they don't happen all that often! I will have to head over there and check out those pictures.

Marti~ Thanks for the nice comments! The kids, well everybody, had a blast! the kids loved it because they got to go and run outside and play! Then they came in, we opened presents, did the cake, and then every body pretty much just disbursed after that!

I am going to be starting the WOMAN challenge on.....crap I forget which site, but it starts on Mother's Day, so I want to get into the habit of walking every day. So, I will try and do it after the kids are in bed, while Tommy is still awake in case one of them wakes up.

Dixiemae~ I have had the ticker thing do that to me before......so just keep trying it will eventually work! I hope you are feeling better!

Brandon and Marissa, both seem to be getting sick. they both have their yearly check up this coming Wednesday, so I am hoping that they are better by then, since they both need their shots! So, thankfully Logan hasn't started in with the sickies yet, but before we know it, they will all be sick since that is how it tends to go around here!

Jane
04-28-2008, 02:17 PM
This is a busy day, so I'm just driving by to say hello! :wave:

Shopaholic1204
04-28-2008, 02:42 PM
Marti~Thanks :) Hope you start to feel better soon :hug:

Pat~Sorry about the headaches, that sucks. Maybe it is the diet soda. I know soda can be addicting. Dh used to get massive headaches when he wouldnt drink any for awhile.

Short&Sassy~I wanna buy the dance one so bad!!! Its supposed to be a really good workout. I seriously over did it with the Wii yesterday. My arms and upper back were killing me so much. I had to take some advil and lay on the heating pad. Then when that didnt work, I put some bengay all over. Ugh..ya, crappy night.

Mindee~Sorry the kiddos are sick. Hope they feel better soon!!! :hug:

Jane~:wave: Hi!!

Okay well..I did the one mile walk this morning..even though I was dead tired. And now my arms are so sore it hurts to lift them. Then I banged my shin on the dishwasher door!!! Ughhh it hurt so bad. I have a ugly bruise on it now. So ya..I think I'm done for the day. Which is very disappointing. I thought I'd be able to do more today. I'm gonna take some more advil and try to take a nap. I hope to be able to do more tomorrow!! Maybe I just needed another day of rest?? I dunno..Hopefully I'll feel much better tomorrow!!

Dixiemae
04-28-2008, 04:18 PM
Hi Ladies, The headache is still here, but better :) Thank you for the warm fuzzies. I went to the ticker site I hope I got it this time. I have drank 4-8 ozs of water :carrot: on my second can of diet rootbeer. I feel I have accomplished something today:flow2: I will post more later when I feel better

Thanks Pat

Ps It says I have to have 25 posts or more before I can use the url. I only have 8 posts :?: that is why it won't work for me

tommysgirl18
04-28-2008, 05:20 PM
francie~ how are you feeling now? I hope you are feeling better!

Pat~ I hope you are feeling better as well! I forgot about the stipulation of having 25 posts in order to get it to work.

suetalks
04-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Pat- Hi and Welcome. I am also in Indiana. Just North of Indy a little. DH has family in your neck of the woods..a niece in Lafayette and the rest in or around Frankfort. I have friends in Sheridan, which I think is up there also. Our son spent a year at Purdue also. :) I don't think diet soda is so bad for you but I have to have de-caf everything. My favorite drink now is Peach Tea from Wal-Mart...their brand which is like Crystal Light. It can count as water since it has no calories or anything else. Just basically flavored water.

Francie- Maybe if you continue to do Wii you will be sore less and less often. Hard to continue though. :) Good luck on the Biggest Loser challenge.

Mindee- Poor Logan, so hard to understand that it is not your BD when it is both your sibling's day. Well, I am sure the other two will want a balloon on Logan's day also.

Jane- Hi, Hope you are getting some of this rain. We are getting light showers, but when I took Mom to her PT Greenfield was getting bombarded. Hate to drive in that. I won't complain about the rain...but brrr is it cold.

Marti- Hope your perennials come up nice and healthy. I am trying to put all perennials in here too. I do have 2 flower boxes that I plant in annuals, but that's it. I am really pleased with how good the daylillies are doing so I know I will plant more of those. Now I am in the market for groundcover for shade.

Ruth- Have fun on your Wii also. It looks like good exercise. Glad you decided to come back to JL's.

I did laundry today, changed the beds, then took Mom to physical therapy. Nothing major. I am still not 100% and pretty tired. Just heard that allergies are hitting people hard already and our pollen won't peak (from flowering trees) for two weeks. Ugh. High is above 90 and the count was 500 today. Sounds ominous.

Okay, gotta scoot and prepare some leftover for dinner. Going to toss a salad too since we decided not to have it last night.

Hi everyone else..catch you later.

pattygirl63
04-28-2008, 09:42 PM
Just a quick fly by. Awfully tired all day, but did my WATP 1 mile today any way. Hope everyone is doing well.

Hugs,
Trish

short & sassy
04-28-2008, 11:26 PM
Mindee, I am short and sometimes sassy, but my name is Ruth. I know it will take me a while to match names to usernames...

Francie, I know exactly what you are talking about, my left shoulder is killing me. Some of it may be due to a small drop in our local tempertures, but I think the majority of it is due to time playing the Wii. I think the games are the perfect way to work the upper body some and then I spend some time on the treadmill afterwards. Tonight I swung golf clubs, tennis racket and a bowling bowl for an hour. Then later I spent 45 minutes on the treadmill. As soon as the shoulder and arm feel better I'll go back to doing my "Biggest Loser" dvds. I'm own a mission and want to add different DVDs and items to keep me from getting bored! OH, Francie, since I'm new back to the group, what is the biggest loser challenge that you are participating?

Trish, I bet after dropping the first 10 miles, you were determined to get that mile walk in!

Well, it is bedtime. I'll see everyone in the morning!

tommysgirl18
04-28-2008, 11:45 PM
just popping in here before heading off to bed!

Sue~ I think at times like this is when Logan's middle child syndrome rear it's ugly head. Because he is normally really good about things.

Trish~ It is good to hear from you!

Ruth~ It took me forever to get everybody's names right. In fact, sometimes I still have to go back and double check before posting! but I have been known in the past to post something to one person when I meant someone else.

Jane
04-29-2008, 08:44 AM
Hello ladies,

Kate - sorry about the blown tire. I just hate to spend money on the car since gas is so much, anyway. :dizzy: We all have days with food like you've had, and understand.

Mindee - the weekly get togethers with the godparents would be nice. If not weekly, maybe at least monthly. Wow, congrats on losing 50 pounds. Makes you feel so much better, doesn't it?

Ruth - yep, I was Jana, then when the name Jane came available again, I snagged it, lol. I'm sure glad you're back.

Francie - :carrot: Happy Birthday to you! :carrot: What are your special birthday plans? Btw, I'll be following your progress at the Blue Group. Good luck to you!

Marti - glad you're feeling better. :hug:

Dixie - well, when you come down this way, let me know, and we'll get together for lunch. I actually want to move near Indy, but DH does not. Both of our DDs want to relocate there, and if they do, I think he'll want to go, too. Btw, I think I'm addicted to sugar, too, and it's controlling me!

Sue - I know just what you mean! My allergies are going crazy! It was cold and rainy here yesterday, so my chili really hit the spot.

Trish - hi! :wave:

Tammy - how's everything?

Sassy and Jules - we miss you!

Well, the sun is out, and it's supposed to be warmer today, which sure beats the rain and cold of yesterday! Here it is, the very end of April, and we've been having early March weather! :dizzy:

I'm headed out for a walk with Molly as soon as I finish my computer work. See you later. :)

Marti
04-29-2008, 11:28 AM
:bday2you::balloons:Happy Birthday Francie! :bday2you::balloons:

suetalks
04-29-2008, 01:06 PM
:celebrate: Happy Birththday Francie!! :celebrate:

:balloons: Hope you have a wonderful day! :balloons:

Marti
04-29-2008, 01:08 PM
Good Morning Ladies---

This will be a quicky as I need to get ready for work, falling a little behind today.

I will try to catch up later tonight!

Until then...........

pattygirl63
04-29-2008, 01:17 PM
:balloons::bday2you::hb::woo:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRANCIE!!!!!!!
HAVE A REALLY GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!

Shopaholic1204
04-29-2008, 01:30 PM
Thank You for the Birthday wishes!!!!! You guys are so sweet!!! :grouphug:

As for my plans for the day..well..I'm gonna get a workout in after I'm done with breakfast..then make this cheesecake for dessert tonight. Mmm..It'll be my last official indulge, lol. Fonzo is making me dinner tonight. So I'm pretty excited about that!! But thats about it really. I already have my bday presents (the Coach purse & matching wallet..and the Wii). So ya...I'm 23 today. Ugh, lol. I wish I was 17 again, LOL!!

tommysgirl18
04-29-2008, 02:53 PM
popping in here while I have some time to do so. now I have to figure out what I am going to make myself for dinner. the boys have these kid cuisine meals that they can have. I have a couple Lean Cuisine paninis that I can make myself one......but I will see if they are any good. they have been in there for a while.

Francie~ Happy Birthday!!!!!

Jane~ I really do feel great about being 50 pounds lighter. I was actually sitting here at the house on April 19th, and I told Tommy, "this time for years ago, I was 285 pounds. Now, I am just trying to not go back up to 235." My ultimate goal is to get to 130 or so. But I would be happy to get back to 180, which is in the area of where I was in high school. I am sure that I was less then that since I walked every where!

Dixiemae
04-29-2008, 08:22 PM
Hi Ladies Hope everyone has had a wonderful great day!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRANIE :hug: Hope all of your birthday wishes come true

Sue You know my neck of the woods. Purdue-Frankfort wow. Lafayette is a nice town. growing fast

My headache is much much better. Thank you all.

Today has been a downer. I woke up with a rash on my left arm. Itch itch itch. About drove me crazy itching. My sister calls to tell me she has a rash on her arms, tummy, and legs. That spread to her chin. She is wondering if she has MERSA. I tell her about my itchy rash. I go to urgent care, the thought of MERSA frightened me. After the doctor looked at the rash he said I have poison oak. Gave me prednisone and triamcinolone cream for the itch. I feel better, but the itch isn't completely gone yet.

I go to the pharmacy to fill the rx. For no reason I start crying. I read a head line that said "putting your life back together." That did it, I couldn't stop the tears. They called my name to pay for the rx. He took one look at me all I could do was force a smile and say it has been a bad day. I felt so bad and was embarassed. I left as fast as I could.

I asked my son to go to SubWay for me. I had not had any thing to eat for hours. I thought turkey, cheese, veggies, a healthy bread with a bag of sliced apples for dessert would be great. He came home with a 1 foot turkey, cheese with mayo a bag of sliced apples. I was so upset they got my order wrong. Live too far away to go back and complane. I should have called in my complaint. I wiped off as much of the mayo as I could. Did away with some of the bread and ate the rest. The apples were good.

Tomorrow is another day. Have a great evening everyone.

Thanks Pat

tommysgirl18
04-30-2008, 12:27 AM
checking in before heading to bed......

I have been wanting to do my Biggest Loser workout in the morning and then walking at night. If it happens to be cold or raining, I have thought about doing the Leslie Sansone workout that I did last week. Which reminds me, I really need to get some of her work out dvd's from walmart!

Wednesday is going to be a busy one for us! We have a recertification appointment at 2pm, and then Brandon and Marissa have their check ups at the pediatrician's office at 6pm. The receptionist/nurse called Tommy to remind him of the appointment and she told him 5:45pm. He told me that and I told him it was at 6. I said "oh well, we will show up at 5:45, it doesn't matter to me!" The funny part is.....I just talked to her on Monday and she told me that she would see me on Wednesday at 6pm.

Pat~ Yummy Subway!! My hubby doesn't like Subway, so I hardly ever get it! Although, I have a feeling that I am going to put in my Subway order on Friday! Speaking of MRSA, Brandon's school sent home a letter last week stating that a student had been diagnosed with it and to watch for the rash, wash their clothes, and then it listed some websites to go to for any information.

Jane
04-30-2008, 09:52 AM
Hi ladies! :wave:

Shopaholic1204
04-30-2008, 10:06 AM
Just stopping by to say Hi..I shall be back.

Dixiemae
04-30-2008, 11:01 AM
Good morning Ladies~ I hope everyone is having a good day.

I hope Brandon is fine!! This MRSA thing is awful. I have 2 neices and 2 nephews with it. My nephews are 3 & 3 1/2 years old. They seem fine but we never know when they will break out again. Please watch him for any thing on his skin that looks odd. Hugs to you both. I hope all goes well at their doctors appointment. I love subway too. Hope you get one Friday (their bags of sliced apples are very refreshing).

gardeners~ I have my garden plot tilled and ready to plant! The flowers and bulbs I ordered are arriving giving me the nudge to get out and start planting. I want to make a run to the local nursery and pick up some blue bells and forget-me-nots then I think I have everything I need to plant. I cleaned up my hedge last Thursday,I think that is where I found the poison oak!

Not a bad day here in Indiana. The sun is shining, a little bit cool, but nice. I feel much better today--no headache the itch is down. I am ready to go. I think Noelle (my Corgi) for a ride. We went for a 15 minute walk about 11pm last night :cp

I will talk to you later. Thanks Pat

Marti
04-30-2008, 11:45 AM
Another :wave: from me!!

Will catch up when I can!

tommysgirl18
04-30-2008, 12:11 PM
popping in here before I put Logan down for a nap and try to get Brandon to take one before my MIL gets here to go with us to our first of two appointments today!

Pat~ I sure will keep an eye on him for anything out of the ordinary on his skin. I will have to get one with a bag of apples and a bottled water! I usually get a foot long, that way I have lunch for the next day. And since it looks like Tommy will be working again this coming Saturday, probably until 2:30, I will go ahead and do that so I can have lunch for the next day.

I am going to be looking for some rose bushes to plant soon. I am hoping for this weekend to get them, but it will probably be next weekend. I was looking at my garden space yesterday and I am going to need four plants to fill in the bare spots. I still don't have any clue as to what color I am going to get. So, I will probably just fly by the seat of my pants when I get there!

Dixiemae
04-30-2008, 01:39 PM
Hi Ladies, I went to the local nursery. Walked up and down all the isles looking at all the beautiful flowers inside then outside. Got in a lot of walking. Bought more flowers Than I intended to. ;) Was heading home to start planting when I heard a loud pop. Flat tire :( Hobbled it home without damaging the rim.The tire is shot to shreds. A nice neighbor put my doughnut spare on for me :) Thank goodness for wonderful neighsbors! Later this afternoon I will start planting after I get a new tire for my baby.

I need to eat something, better go take care of myself first, then everything else. Thanks to you all. Pat

pattygirl63
04-30-2008, 06:20 PM
:wave: Hello Ladies,

Awfully tired :tired: lately. So will just be passing thru today.

Trish

tommysgirl18
04-30-2008, 11:59 PM
well, our day of many appointments is over with!

the kids had a recertification appointment at 2pm. the kids all did well, which was great! Brandon is 38 inches tall, and 35 1/2 pounds. Logan is 34 1/4 inches tall, and 28 1/2 pounds. Marissa is our little petite girl at 28 inches tall, and 21 1/2 pounds!

Logan refused to stand up to get weighed, so we tried him in the little chair that they have and he refused that as well. we finally got him to stand up by showing him a Ramone sticker that he could have as long as he cooperated. He then fought me to get his height, but we ended up just laying him down to measure him and it was fine. then he needed his iron tested, which didn't even phase the boy!

Next it was Marissa turn, and she was great! she also needed her iron tested and she didn't even cry! Lastly it was Brandon's turn. He walked into the room, took his shoes off, stepped on the scale and then stood to get his height measured. he didn't need his iron tested, so that was a good thing. they all got stickers and off we went!

Then we had Brandon and Marissa's check ups. Those went great too, until it came time for the shots!

Logan was a little bit of something let me tell you! That boy was bouncing off the falls, trying to jump off of the doctor's stool like he wouldn't get hurt! (mind you he did this twice!)

Marissa went first, and she was enjoying it. She even sat on the doctor's lap and smiled while he listened to her chest/heart. She was fine the whole time.....until he started to rub the alcohol prep pad on her thigh, and then she wasn't really happy! Boy was she so mad! He gave her the first two shots in the left leg, and she got so mad that her face started to turn purple! I got her to breath by blowing in her face, just in time to get the third shot in her right thigh. From then on, she was daddy's girl!

Then it was Brandon's turn for his part of the check up. They pretty much already did his full check up two weeks ago when we were in there. The pediatrician checked his ears and mouth. He is writing the referral for Brandon to see an ENT! His receptionist/nurse is going to call me with the appointment date and time by Friday. (it is open enrollment with the kids insurance, so the receptionist/nurse is going to check and see if they plop them into an insurance company or if I am going to have to call and place them in one)

He also gave us the all clear to take Marissa off formula completely, and to start her on more solid foods. He said that she can now have chicken, meat, eggs, peanut butter, and pretty much anything that we are eating, she is allowed to have. I mentioned to him that we have been trying to get her fully on milk bottles, but if she takes more then 4 ounces at one time she just ends up getting diahrea (sp?). He told us just to give her the four ounce bottles and eventually see if she will work up to more. But for now, since she is growing proportionately then he isn't worried about it!

well, here I was worried about the kids getting sick and it looks like I am the one getting sick instead! my throat is sore and I fell asleep on the couch with Brandon. when I woke up, I was all stuffed up.....so I am popping in to check on every one, finishing up my email and then I am taking my butt to bed! Tommy offered to tuck me into bed, and put a pillow over my eyes (because I was getting a headache). But I wanted to make sure that Marissa got up and got a bottle before I did that. And now since she has her sleepy eyes on, while she is drinking her bottle, I am thinking of laying her back down once her bottle is done.

Marti
05-01-2008, 01:59 AM
A great big hello to you all. Sorry for not popping in more often, just been keeping busy and feeling tuckered once the day is over.

I'm still keeping up w/my exercises and eating better than I have in the past.

I'm heading off to bed, have a good night.

Sassy_Chick
05-01-2008, 02:08 AM
Hi its me! :wave:

Here I am. Sorry I have been MIA. I have been still feeling like craploa. :barf: My stomach keeps feeling really bad, DH seems to think it could be from my pain meds I take for my back, so I have to go to see my dr to give him his blood he's been after me for and I am gonna talk to him about switching my meds and see if that helps.

Well TGIT! :carrot: Only 4 hrs and 53 minutes left......:D Not that I am counting or anything........lol

A lot of people at work are fed up and either leaving the co entirely or moving to a different dept because of all the schedule changes......DH is looking. I am waiting to see what happens with him.

I need to seriously clean this weekend. I didn't do shinola last weekend due to me being sick. :( I wish I could take home the cleaning crew that cleans our office building, they'd get it done in no time! :cp: Think my co. would notice if I "borrowed" them for an hour or so? :lol:

I have just been SO lazy........so I figure I need to get my arse moving and get motivated already! I just feel like I've been in a slump lately. May be my meds too, so I need to get to the dr and quit talking about it. :blah: lol.

Francie -- I hope you had a Great B-day! :D

Hi Everybody out there! :wave:

Take care all.

I'll post more on the weekend when I am outta this place! lol.

Shopaholic1204
05-01-2008, 05:56 AM
Just a quick Hello to everyone :wave: I'll be back later in the day to do individuals. Fonzo is getting his stuff packed up to go. He leaves in about 2 hours :cry: So ya..I gotta go right now. I'll be back laters.

Jane
05-01-2008, 09:40 AM
:wave:

Sassy - good to see you back here. You were missed. :hug:

I've got a busy day planned, and need to get moving. Have a good one, ladies.

Marti
05-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Good Morning ladies :wave:

Sassy--Hi! We've missed you. Do we work for the same company?! We're having the same kind of thing happening, but it's trying to schedule time off. There is a three month gray area that no one is allowed to take off due to the hospital move, they need all hands they can acquire.....but seriously, no time off during summer months? I hope you start feeling better soon.

Mindee--You're trip to the Doctors with the kids really exhausted me just reading! I hate shots and your poor babies...... Glad to hear they're all well and thriving. Hope you don't get too sick....it's been going around like crazy around here.

Trish--:wave: You sound like me. I'm needing something in my diet that I'm not getting.....I'm getting tired of feeling tired!

Jane--You're like me, constantly busy and on the go........:running:

Pat--Thank goodness that you only have poison oak. A gal at work, her mother has Mersa and is having a time w/it due to having diabetes, it's not healing properly. What kind of flowers did you buy?

Sue--Our Hosta's are growing in nicely and the lillies and poppies are blooming (ready to go already though) and other beautiful things. Wish I new the names to some of the things that are out there. This year there are green onion popping up all over (we didn't plant any last year, so must have been from previous owners) and it's driving me crazy! We also have this crazy garlic growing in one of the flower beds. It's really bizarre to see what's coming up!

Ruth--You've got yourself a great workout routine! I need to up my activity if I want to make a difference. Hard to get motivated sometimes. But I'm trying.

Francie--Is your leg feeling better? I hit mine against the bathroom door one night trying to hurry.....the door is waaaayyyy to close to the toilet!! At least it's just the extra bathroom that no else uses....otherwise company may complain!

Hello to anyone I have missed! A great big :wave: & :hug:

I need to get the day started. You all have a good one!!

tommysgirl18
05-01-2008, 04:24 PM
just stopping by to see how every body is doing.....

Brandon is now coughing, so I am trying to stay on top of him with medicine. BUT it is hard to do when he fights me tooth and nail about taking it! Marissa has some congestion, so I am staying on top of that too with medicine! I have been popping cough drops since I got up this morning, and so far so good!

I will have to come back later to check in again.....Brandon and Logan are enjoying some ice cream....and Marissa is enjoying a bottle!

Shopaholic1204
05-01-2008, 06:59 PM
Jane~Ya, my leg is better. The bruise is going away. My thighs however are another story, lol.

I lost 6 pounds!! Woohoo!!!

tommysgirl18
05-01-2008, 11:04 PM
Francie~ Great job on the 6 pounds!!!!!!

short & sassy
05-01-2008, 11:22 PM
Good afternoon ladies,

Mindee...your day sounds like one that my stepdaughter might have. She has a 5 year old, 3 year old and one 8 months old...all girls. But boy does her 3 year old have "middle child symdrome"! LOL Yesterday I went over to drop off some pictures of the kids that I'd had taken at Olan Mills...I had the older two girls get off the computer for a sec so I could show their mom something, the middle one is screaming at me "Mamaw I want to watch Catlou"...so after a little while I raise my voice and say "what if I yell at you" thinking that it would shock her into silence!! NOPE, she just kept on yelling!!
Hope your babies get over their congestions and coughs!

Francie...great job on the 6 lbs. I know you are thrilled!

Marti, yeah...my goal is not to get bored while I'm on this mission. But this week I haven't exercised like I should. Tuesday morning I was nauseated...it just came on out of nowhere. When I got to work, my supervisor told me I was pale...so, the hypochrondiac in me started thinking...left shoulder and arm..nauseated, what if its my heart. I called the dr's office and since I have had a problem with my blood pressure the nurse suggested that I go to the ER. Well, everything looked good, not my heart afterall (heart problems run in my family). Doc says I look good on paper...all the test were good. Good news is I did get a prescription for an anti imflamatory and muscle relaxer. Only, the shoulder still hurts. If it doesn't get better soon, I'll be off to see an orthopedic doctor.

Anyway, it's bedtime...talk to you girls later.

Oh, btw Jane, you have done a great job of keeping this group going! Hope your day slowed down some.

tommysgirl18
05-02-2008, 12:33 AM
well, I was hoping to have been in bed by now.......but NOPE my stupid fricken neighbors had to start arguing again! At midnight I pounded on the wall (those apartment dwellers will understand that, but for those that don't it is the universal sign for shut up). well, the idiot guy that is drunk AGAIN, decided to pound back on the wall. He is lucky that none of the kids woke up!

BUT the office manager WILL NOT be happy when she finds out that they were arguing again! It is going to be adios time for them! they were given three changes, and this will be their third time! Not to mention, about 15 minutes ago there was a HUGE crashing noise. I was going to call the cops, but every time I call the cops on them, the cops don't do a darn thing!

Ruth~ Logan is my very typical 2 year old right now! every thing is no. he was telling me no at the recertification appointment, and the nurse that was taking his weight and all that, looked at him and said "did you just tell your mommy no?" I didn't hear it any more after that!

Pandora123a
05-02-2008, 06:51 AM
Hi Ladies!

Life has been very busy but I'm stopping by anyway. My nephew is having his bar mitzvah this weekend (a major event in the life of a Jewish family) and the whole weekend is scheduled. My goal is to make it through the weekend without overindulging. (Indulging is ok...)

Last week was incredibly frustrating for weight...much fluctuation. I had a colonoscopy (routine due to age) and after being completely "cleaned out" went up six and a half pounds. I know it is artificial weight...it still felt lousy!

I've been working on sticking with the program though (which for me is a variety of foods, three meals a day, and stopping eating when I am full) and today I got my reward, actually down two pounds. Amazing how reinforcing that small change can be!

Hope all the various health issues are resolved.

Pandora

Jane
05-02-2008, 08:28 AM
Hi ladies, :wave:

Pandora - YAY for the 2 pounds down! :cp: Have a good time this weekend, especially at your nephew's bar mitzvah. Sounds like lots of fun!

Sassy - don't stay away so long again, ok? :hug:

Mindee - I lived in an apartment at one time, and know how loud and rude some people can be. Hopefully, they will move and you'll get someone quieter in there.

Francie - Marti's the one that asked about your leg, but I'm glad to know it's better anyway.

Marti - yep, it seems springtime is the busiest time of all. :dizzy:

Pat - haha, I always buy more flowers than I intended, too, when I visit the nursery. I'll be going soon for impatiens, and who knows what all I'll bring home.

Trish - thinking of you, and hope you're getting some rest.

Sue - I hope you're getting more sunshine than I am today. Goodness, when is it going to get nice and stay that way??

Ruth - thank you for the kind words. I couldn't have done it without my super co-mod Marti, and the dedicated members. You may want to join us in the Pointer Sistas thread. There's a new one starting each Monday, thanks to Marti.

Today is Jackson's 1st birthday. He's been sick, though, so his party has been canceled until who-knows-when. I'm going to have him here Tuesday, and I'm giving him his present then. It's a John Deere riding toy that makes noise and comes with some farm animals. Think he'll like it?

I'm going to do some scrapbooking today. Caylin is here with me, and I'm sure she'll help, lol.

short & sassy
05-02-2008, 09:08 AM
Hey Jane,

You're quite welcome. Who is Caylin? Love the name, I have granddaughter named Caylin. Well, work is calling, I'll write more tonight.

tommysgirl18
05-02-2008, 11:06 AM
hello ladies..how are you all doing?

nothing really new on this end......just spending some time with Logan and Rissa while Brandon is in school. His bus driver told me that as long as it wasn't raining when they got to school, that they were going to be doing an emergency evacuation practice, so if he came home and was talking about getting off the back of the bus that is what he was talking about.

well, like usual, if it isn't one thing it is another!

the pediatrician's office called me today and told me that she looked in their system to make Brandon an ENT appointment, and according to their system, he is inactive on the insurance list. So, I had to make some calls, and now I have a call into our worker, because not only does Brandon NOT have insurance, so do Logan and Marissa!

So, I am hoping that she calls me back before the end of today so I can get them into an insurance group! Otherwise I will be calling on Monday and she won't like me at that point, so for her sake and my sanity, I hope she calls me back today!

Jane~ When the office got called on them arguing the first time, the guy promised that it wouldn't happen again. The office manager told them that if they get any more complaints in the office about them fighting (for a total of three times) then they would get evicted. Mind you, the two that are arguing, are NOT even on the lease! So, they will be gone in about a week or so.......the lady whose name the rent is in, defaulted court for nonpayment of rent.

Pandora~ YAY on the 2 pounds!!!! Good luck with not over indulging this weekend!

Marti
05-02-2008, 11:15 AM
A quick hello.

Got my exercise in last night, feeling pretty good about that. Eating is getting under control, trying to be more disciplined, even though at times it can be so difficult.

DD & a friend of hers is coming over tonight, so I won't be online much at all this weekend. So have a great weekend and I'll check back in when I get a chance.

Better get ready for work....Hurray it's Friday!

tommysgirl18
05-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Marti~ That is great about your exercising and eating! have fun this weekend!!!

Sassy_Chick
05-02-2008, 04:02 PM
Hi Peeps! :wave:

Man I am so sore! My back is achin' with all this rain :rain: we are gonna be getting. I took another dose of my pain medicine, hasn't even touched it yet! So not sure how much cleanin will be done at this rate! lol.

DH and I both woke up today at 1 pm. That is EXTREMELY early for us night folks, esp since this is DH's long night -- 14 hrs. So I hope he can stay awake all night. He left early so he could go and look at motorcycles. He is going to buy a used one because we have to have a second mode of transportation with us being opposite shifts now. (Our new shifts begin May 10th) Plus it will be cheaper on gas. Well DH just called, seems that most dealerships at least don't have any used bikes. But they had a good deal on a new one and if he puts money down, he'd only be financing part of it. So we'll see. He is also gonna check out craigslist and what not.

We got our gov't. money today! :woohoo: Bicycle :bike: here I come!!! lol. (I wanna buy a bike and start riding again -- been ages!!! lol)

I did so great yesterday, I drank only one glass of soda and then water the rest of the day!!! :carrot: I have been craving water so I have been drinking and drinking and it curbs my appetite too. :dance:

Well ya'all I am gonna go and eat some grubb so I'll be back later!!!

Behave while I am gone! lol.

K I'm back...........and shopping for my bike. So if anybody cares to share what kind of bike they have or would like to have and would like to share with me, I would be grateful!!! :D

tommysgirl18
05-02-2008, 06:05 PM
Sassy~ That is great that you guys got your government money! We have been wanting to get bikes for ourselves, but we usually don't ride them. In 2003 or 2004, Tommy gave his bike to a lady around the block from us for her grandson. His bike had just been stolen and he was looking for a new one. Then my bike went to my parents house and it is now at one of my older sisters' house for my younger sister to use to get to work and back home.

I don't have any recommendations, BUT I did have a nice blue huffy mountain bike!

sz2atheart
05-02-2008, 08:11 PM
HAPPY FRIDAY LADIES!!

How is everyone?? Wow, time has flown by and I've almost missed an entire thread. :?: Anyhoo, nothing much going on the past week. Just work, trying to get some gardening in and shopping for some new spring clothing. I swear the styles really suck. :stress: Have you seen the dresses out there. Trying to find something to wear to my step-d's grad school graduation for next weekend and everything is empire waist, knit, with 1960's geometric patterns!! I did find something from Chadwicks's but still had to have it hemmed even though it was a petite. I guess there is petite and then there is really short!!

Oh, I had a massage today :cloud9: My surgeon gave me a free 1 hr session with a massage therapist to help with the areas on my back that were lipoed and are still very sore, and I loved it so much that I booked another session for today. Can't afford it too often but I felt like I was in heaven :D

Jane--I read that Jackson was sick. I'm so happy to hear that he is out of the hospital. Poor little guy has really had a rough year. Yes, I've been keeping up with Bro & Sis. Can you believe that Rebecca is really not a Walker!!

Francie--Happy Late Birthday!!!

Welcome to the newbies--Dixiemae, Shyla and Katie!!! Hoping to get to know ya'll a little better.

Going to JCP tomorrow for the big morning sale to look for another outfit to wear on graduation weekend. I've got to make it through two dinners, one lunch and two breakfasts that weekend and I'm not as worried about the food as I am dealing with the ex-wife (it's also her b-day), her husband and my spoiled step-d. Oh well, I just have to remember to pack my Ambien and a good book! ;)

See ya, Ghost Whisperer is on. Gotta spend some time with dh!!

tommysgirl18
05-02-2008, 11:24 PM
Tammy~ It is good to hear from you! Good luck with dealing with the ex next weekend!

Dixiemae
05-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Hi Ladies, Sorry I am behind with my posting. My sister brought by her grandson for a visit. He played with the computer keyboard. Now it is really messed up. Bummer

Mindee~I hope you enjoyed your Sub Way sub, apple slices and water!! I am sorry to hear the kids had a rough time at the doctors' office. As long as they are all happy and healthy we can move onward.

Sassy I hope you find a swell bike. Mine has 2 flat tires.

Everyone~ I bought 1 English Ivy (not poison ivy ;), 4-for-get-me-nots, 4 wax begonias, 1 Virginia blue bell, 1 geranium beautiful pink and white flowers, and 4 coleus plants. Came home and ordered 3 more Virginia blue bells. My Niece and I called several places we co-ordered plants from. I bought more than I thought I had. Plus ladies I checked the fence line. Three of my yellow raspberries survived the winter as did my purple clematis!! I was dancing around the yard! I have tomatos, eggplants, 1 rose, 1 clematis, bunches of flowers and bulbs to come to my door. It has been raining and storming here all day. I wanted to get out and start planting but the weather has not cooperated so far.

The eating has been under control, drinking 5-6 glasses of water a day. The fruit serving are doing well, the veggie servings are a lot harder for me to get in. I get some exercise (walking at least 10 min) a day :carrot: Not as good as I set my goal for, that is more that I was getting before I became a Jaded Lady. I will take any and all progress. Set slightly higher goals for this coming week. I am going to be accountable and weigh in tomorrow morning. When I have my 25 posts in I will get my ticker up and going.

I will try to catch up the rest of my posting tomorrow :). Hope everyone has a wonderful evening. Thank you all Pat

pattygirl63
05-03-2008, 12:37 AM
:wave:Hello Ladies,

Sorry:( I've been MIA lately. Just had the blahs. Staying with in WW Flex pts and still gained some of my weight back instead of losing and couldn't figure out was going on. Really upset me to say the least. Been trying to figure out what made it work before and what I was doing wrong this time. I've been really ticked off with ME:mad:

Today I did some surfing through 3FC and found where I had asked a question on another thread and found all the answers people wrote... haven't been there in a while:?::dizzy: I was doing SBD/WW Flex combo. So we went to the store and I've got everything ready to do it again starting Saturday I'll be on the 2 week Phase 1. Pigged out once today... Friday. A "planned" day off for about 10 minutes, but did lots of walking too so maybe it will balance out. I don't know and at that moment I didn't even care. I'm not going to worry about it. Just get back OP. Jane I think you were right about the protein. I've been feeling wiped out because I've not been eating hardly any protein. Using the SBD with the WW pts will change that and my "energy" should show up in a few days.

I'll try to catch up tomorrow with indies. Hope everyone is doing good.

Trish

tommysgirl18
05-03-2008, 01:13 AM
just popping in before heading to bed.....

Pat~ I didn't get Sub Way for dinner, but I still got a sub! Hubby wanted Arby's so I got the Italian Toasted Sub for dinner. I even calculated it into my range and I was surprised that I stayed within range with eating it!

Trish~ We are hopefully going grocery shopping on Sunday, so I have been telling myself that I need to do all my research on WW points and deciding which one I want to do. (whether I do the flex points or the other one) so I will know what I need to get while grocery shopping in order to jump start my new start and to get off the plateau that I have been stuck in!

Sassy_Chick
05-03-2008, 06:14 AM
Happy Saturday Chicks! :coffee:

Dixiemae
05-03-2008, 07:18 AM
Hi Ladies and good morning.

I weighed in this morning at 196.

starting weight 198
todays weight -196
-------
2 :)

goal weight 150
46 to go!!!!!!

I will catch you all a little later
Thanks Pat

Dixiemae
05-03-2008, 07:32 AM
Good Morning

Trish~ sounds like you need a hug :hug: Sounds like you have figured out what went wrong for you. You have armed (grocery wise) yourself to get through this plateau you are experiencing at this moment in time. WW will work for you. Don't be mad at yourself. Be happy you are rising above it. Keep us posted on how you are feeling this week. You are not alone in this.
Good Work Pat

tommysgirl18
05-03-2008, 01:36 PM
well, today has turned into an okay day. I got up this morning just feeling like crap! as the day has gone on, I am feeling a little bit better. I feel worse today then I have the past couple of days. So, I am hoping that there is a light at the end of this tunnel soon!

Sassy~ How are you doing???

Pat~ Great job on your two pounds lost!!! I weighed myself yesterday and I was up two pounds. So, I really need to do my reading and get every thing in order to start the WW when we go grocery shopping tomorrow....hopefully!

Shopaholic1204
05-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Hola ladies!!

I weighed in today. My weight didnt change from a few days ago...but thats okay. Anyhoo..Hope all is well with everyone!! :D

tommysgirl18
05-03-2008, 02:01 PM
great job Francie!!!!

suetalks
05-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Pat- I hope you got all your plants in the ground today. It is beautiful here, sunny, but not too hot. I hoed up the wildflowers that popped up in my beds. I let them stay until they are looking real droopy, then hoe them. DH is mowing right now, so the strays in the yard will be gone again also. We bought a lot in a wooded area and refuse to treat to get rid of the natural plants. We just let them pop up and enjoy them, then mow them down as needed. I am going to the nursery this week for lots of groundcover. That is my main objective this year...plant groundcover. Also need to replace a rose bush and possibly clematis since mine aren't showing themselves.

Trish- Sorry you are feeling down. I do that too. Blame myself for everything.....gotta stop. You have a good handle on what works for you and you will get back in the swing of it. SO will I. :)

Mindee- Arby's subs sound good. I am craving a Subway today. If I can put it off 1 more day I will get one. DH doesn't care for them and is going out of town tomorrow for 2 days. Mom and I will toodle on down to Subway while he is gone. heehee.

Sassy- Good luck on getting a bike. I bought a new one last year from Wally World. It is a coaster brake one however. A Huffy and has rather wide tires (like the older models) It is cool though, not as easy to pedal as my old one, but the old one fell apart. :)

Tammy- I was looking at the ads in JC Penney and Stein Mart and see what you mean about the dresses. Lots of geometric prints and knits. Reminds me of years ago......and YES I am that old. :)

Jane, Cristina, Marti- Hi to you all and anyone else I missed. I bet you are doing what the rest of us are doing. Working in the yard and trying to stay OP. Have a good week-end.

As I said above I hoed this morning, also filled the bird feeders and moved some lawn furniture. Nothing major. Did a load of laundry and cleaned the laundry room. Now I am enjoying my NEW cable modem. I finally got rid of the waaaay sloooow dial up and I am in love. So many places I plan to surf now that the slowness doesn't drown me.

Yesterday was a downer day here. My cousin lost her DH and we went to the viewing. It is hard to believe as he was a year younger than my DH, and it was a sudden thing. Makes you pause.

Then I talked to "baby boy" and he always makes me smile, even when I am down. He had an epiphany and decided to try to get healthy. He hates the word diet and I am sure has not been eating right (since he left home.) But he started Mon. walking to the grocery store and buying fruit/veggies to eat every day. He also started drinking more water. He was amazed that those 2 little things caused a 5 pound weight loss. Of course, we all know how men lose. But, he is excited and feeling good about it, so maybe will continue. That motivated me AGAIN to get on track. Walked last night and plan to walk and ride this afternoon.

Okay...gabbered enough. This "not tying up the phoneline" might be the un-doing of me. Makes the computer too easy. haha.

tommysgirl18
05-03-2008, 03:48 PM
well, Tommy is home from work, and the kids are driving me insane! Brandon napped a little bit, Marissa napped a little bit, and Logan, well we already established that he didn't!

Sue~ That sounds like a great little lunch for you and your mom. How is she doing by the way? I love our cable modem! We had dial up right after Brandon was born, and I was constantly getting kicked off the computer that I refused to go online until we got the modem.

pattygirl63
05-03-2008, 06:05 PM
:wave:Ladies,

Will try to catch up and do individuals now.:dizzy:

Pat - Thanks for the :hug: Great on the 2 lbs lost. Glad you have your eating under control and getting your water drank. Hey and the 10 minute walk is great too. You are making progress and that is great. I read your bio. Middle name for most of us Patricias is Ann. I had a friend once who middle name was Ruth. Are you an Ann too? You and Sue and probably Jane along with some others are busy with yard work. DH has been talking about doing some things to our front yard. I told him we need to wait until after he has surgery and recovers since we don't want to start it and then not get it finished and leave it half done. We need to change out couple of plants that did't make it through the drought last year and then we are thinking of making a block trim around front beds to keep the pine needles in. I don't know what we'll get done. I want rose bushes. I always had them in TX. The guy who did our yard for the builder says I can't have them in the front. He says not enough sunlight. I never had trouble with them before so I'm not sure where to put them since I want to enjoy them.

Mindee - Sounds like Logan is definitely in the Terrible 2s stage. Sorry you haven't been feeling good. Hope you feel better soon.
And Congrats on the 50 lbs gone. You have done a good job and will continue to do so. Loved the pics of the party and Marissa definitely enjoyed the cake.:lol:

Sassy - Hope your back is feeling better. Sounds like your job has them same things going on that Marti's does. Sometimes it makes you wonder who makes these rules and are they working for or against the company. Yuckie you and DH working on opposite shifts. Been there done that and it sucks. But you do what you have to do.

[B]Francie -Congratulations great job on the 6 lb loss.

Ruth - How is your shoulder? Hope it is better.

Pandora - You are doing great on your plan. 2 lbs gone WTG. Have fun at the bar mitzvah.

Marti - Have fun with your DD. Are doing anything special this week end?

Jane, Jules, Shyla and anyone else I missed :wave: anyway.

Today has been a good one for me. I got up with a plan and did it. Got my exercise done 1st thing and the plan of eating SBD using WW Flex points is the way to go for me. In fact, it isn't too much different from what I saw some people do when I was a member of WW On-line. If I remember it right they called it Flore because they combine Flex/Core. No matter what you call it, it works for me because it keeps me from wasting my points on junk food. I felt so good today I even did some house cleaning extra exercise :).

Everybody have a great week end.

Sassy_Chick
05-03-2008, 09:40 PM
Hi Ladies.

I took my benedryl this morning so I slept well and the best part -- no itching! YAY! :cheer2: (My skin has been very itchy lately)

Well I woke up today with a "Surprise" TOM came. GRRR. I hate that. Why can't we have nice "surprises" instead of that? :p

Hi Mindee :wave: I am doin good! How about you? :)

Sue -- Glad you like your bike. I am looking forward to getting mine. I know it will be tough on me at first, but I can slowly build up. ;) I have so much laundry to do.........UGH I didn't do any last week so its a mega-mtwashme this week! lol. So Sorry to hear about your Cousin's DH. That is sad when people die so young.........:hug:

I am getting ready to "give in" and eat some pizza. :o We don't have much food at the apt right now, so I just went ahead and ordered. :o

Big :hug:

Shopaholic1204
05-03-2008, 09:44 PM
It must be pizza night..because I'm eating it too!! Only mine is frozen, lol.

Sassy_Chick
05-03-2008, 09:44 PM
Francie -- Woohoo! Glad I am not alone! lol.

short & sassy
05-03-2008, 09:57 PM
Wow, lots of traffic in her today. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Thrish, good going on sticking with your plan for today! It feels so good when we are in control. Oh, thanks for asking about my shoulder. It is still bothering me. I've been taking muscle relaxers at night and and anti imflamatory, but the pain (dull ache) still exist. I think I will call orthopedic dr on Monday. My hubby had neck surgery several years ago and I'm hoping that I'm not facing the same thing.

I better get back to studying...I've got one final next week and I don't want to blow my A in the class.

Hi Mindee, Sue, Jane and all the others that I haven't been able to remember yet!! But, I love the large crowd...I'll eventually get better at keeping up with ya'll.

Sassy_Chick
05-04-2008, 03:51 AM
For Francie:

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/8591/6e791cd1d10c16a0b0781afky8.gif (http://www.blinkiebee.com)

;)

Shopaholic1204
05-04-2008, 04:43 AM
For Francie:

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/8591/6e791cd1d10c16a0b0781afky8.gif (http://www.blinkiebee.com)

;)

omg omg omg omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is too cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Shopaholic1204
05-04-2008, 04:46 AM
Wanna see what I spent the last 3 hours doing??

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/americangurl182000/142336106_1036990.gif

(Queen Bee-Sassy..Cutie-Lucky..Crazy-April)

I did others of me & Fonzo, lol. But those ones are up on my myspace albums. I wasnt sure if I could post them all, lol.

pattygirl63
05-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Hi Ladies,

I thought y'all would like read the story of this girl named Glory. Here is the thread to get there.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84601

Hugs,
Trish

Jane
05-04-2008, 02:11 PM
See you at #295. :wave: