Old 04-24-2008, 06:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 320/270/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Dinners with my dad

My dad and I have always had a special connection that we were never really able to take advantage of because of my mother's jealousy. Yeah, my mother was jealous of me spending time with my father. Speaking of my mother, she was never never supportive of anyone in the family losing weight. As soon as someone would try to be healthier, the house would be full of ice cream and cookies and food drowned in butter.

Last year, my parents got divorces after a 47 year unhappy marriage.

My relationship with my dad became strained for awhile, because of various things, mostly bad decisions on my part. But we've grown pretty close again, and I was a bridesmaid at his wedding to his new wife, whom I just adore.

My dad was excited when I told him I joined Weight Watchers. In fact, he said that he and my nephew (my sister's son who lives with my dad) were going to join too.

Now, my dad and I live only a couple of miles apart, but we don't see each other very often because of our extremely conflicting schedules. But we just decided that we were going to have a healthy Weight Watchers dinner together (with his new wife and my nephew) every other Monday at either his house or mine. I'm so excited about this!
KristyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:15 PM   #2  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Kristy~
That's so exciting! Great to hear you are going to spend time with family, and great to hear you have support in your healthy habits!
Beth
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:20 PM   #3  
GmaTo8

Kristy, that is just wonderful news! The way you've gotten back with him, and how you four are going to meet for healthful dinners is just great! There's nothing better than family togetherness when it's surrounded by love.

I'm so glad you shared this.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote