Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-24-2008, 08:44 AM   #1  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

Default the candy bowl is at my desk...

I'm a receptionist in a corporate office and we HAVE to have a huge bowl of candy sitting right up here in front of me every day for guests (although to be quite honest, we get very few guests and it's mostly the employees that eat it). It's not my job to fill the bowl, and of course I don't want to pay for it myself. I have purchased the candy before, making sure I bought things that don't interest me at all. However my lovely boss has recently made me in charge of 6 halloween sized bags of candy that range from mini hershey bars and kit kats to life savers and caramels. Yesterday I snacked on chocolate ALL day. I keep telling myself it's just one mini bar, then I didn't even realize that I'd eaten like 6 of them a few hours later. I know it's just one day and I can start fresh today. But it's so hard to see them sitting up there calling my name. Especially this week since I'm PMS-ing. I put all the chocolate out at once in the hopes that everyone will eat it up quickly and I won't have to worry about it anymore. I can't even tell you how many I had total yesterday, but it was far too many. Wish me luck today!
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:53 AM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Is there any way that you can put the bowl out of arm's reach?
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:58 AM   #3  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

It is out of arm's reach, but it takes very little effort for me to get to it! It's pretty easily accessible from all parts of my desk. I've begged my boss to not make me keep the bowl up here, but she won't hear my argument. She tells me to suck it up and just have some self control. She's right! I'm usually okay, but period weeks are BAD!
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:45 AM   #4  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Why does it HAVE to be there? Your boss shouldn't be giving your guests candy anyway
Can you put a picture frame or something between it and you so that you can't see it? Can you get a covered candy dish that you can't see through? Just getting it out of your site can help.

Good luck!
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:00 AM   #5  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Man, that is so tough. Can you chew gum all day long, so that you won't put the candy in your mouth? Hang in there!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote