Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-23-2008, 11:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 181/181/145

Height: 5'6

Default Fat Smash - Special K Challenge.... I can't stand weight loss plateaus!

So I did Fat Smash and lost 5 lbs, but I didn't make it past phase 1. I've kept it off though. Why is it that even though I'm losing the weight, at what I feel, is a very slow pace... that I still feel like a fat lard? I know it sounds harsh, but that is how I feel. I can't help it, it's like I'm never skinny enough. I only have like 23 more lbs to hit my first big goal... I've lost 32, shouldn't I be happy with that? So I am at another plateau... and we all know that means it's time to kick something up or out .. so I have kicked up the exercise, I am doing 1/3 more than before... and I am starting the Special K Challenge (to kick out some bad eating habits), on Saturday to kick start weight loss again. I hope it works! The closer you get to your weight loss goal the harder it is to get the lbs off!!!!!
ashisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 12:47 AM   #2  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

YOU CAN DO IT ASH!!! =] SPECIAL K CHALLENGE LOOKS LIKE A YUMMY ONE I'VE THOUGHT ABOUT IT 2... I THINK IT'S GOOD TO CHANGE THINGS UP SO U DONT GET BORED!
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:27 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey, I sure know what you mean by plateau. I wish you good luck in making your way out of it.

I did the Special K challenge once. I lost 3 pounds (it says "up to 6"). And, I never wanted to see a bowl of Special K again.

Keep on your program! Do you have a plan beyond Special K? Calorie Counting? Or...? It's important to have a plan that you can stick with.

Yes, you should be happy that you've lost 32 pounds! Congratulations!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:11 AM   #4  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Good luck, and CONGRATULATIONS on the 32 pound loss! I hope you can really enjoy that success while you continue your journey because you've accomplished SO much!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:32 AM   #5  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

I thought about the special k challenge also....
never started it, altho i switched to it as my cereal....
i stick to my fruit at lunch time....
plateaus happen....
bodys make adjustments....
just wait for those lbs to come flying off again....
it will happen....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 12:21 PM   #6  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

Good job on the weight loss. Be careful about the special k challenge. No doubt you will lose but you need to make sure you are still getting all the nutrients you need. And me personally by the end of it i just wanted to puke even at just the mere thought of having to eat that cereal. Good luck.
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:16 PM   #7  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashisback View Post
Why is it that even though I'm losing the weight, at what I feel, is a very slow pace... that I still feel like a fat lard? I know it sounds harsh, but that is how I feel. I can't help it, it's like I'm never skinny enough.
-32 pounds is WONDERFUL! CONGRATS!!!!

Now let me ask you a serious question.

What WOULD make you happy? If you weigh 160? 150? 145? 135? 125? 115?

The point I'm making is that even when you reach your goal, you may be elated about your weight loss, but still "unhappy" about whatever. Try very hard to not combine your weight with your happiness. Be PROUD of your 32 pounds down! That is TRULY a great accomplishment! - and I know you want to "hurry up & lose the lard".... we all do! - but remember SLOW & STEADY wins the race. Losing it fast usually means gaining it back even quicker. So take your time... do it right... and hang in there! IT'S WORKING!!!!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote