Old 04-23-2008, 11:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/186/150 or 140

Height: 5'4"

Default ugh.. not sure what to think....

i have been walking for a week yesterday.. only missing sat and today.. up and over 2.5 km.. last friday.. after my first tues appointment i was pleased to see that i had lost 3lbs.. and i hadnt even officially started the program.. just walking and eating better/lighter..

so i go for my next appointment today.. my first day on the plan.. third day after take off.. and i gained two lbs.. WT heck???

i already knew that i could not eat ALL that it was telling me to eat..

i am just concerned... it sill doesnt make sense to me.. i know that you have to eat more often to get the metabolism going.. but tooo much??

im so confused..

thanks for listening and letting me vent..
Hockeymom71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:58 AM   #2  
mom to 4 girls ~Elizabeth

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Please stick it through.. the take off always makes me gain for some reason.. so does that time of the month. I also pick protein that is lean rather than picking cheese or peanut butter. I watch my starches and really measure everything. I did the take off 2 and gained a lb... between TOM and that, I will wait for it to come off later this week. Oh and congrats on the walking, it will only speed things up!
4princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Try to hang in there. When you start to exercise you wont lose lbs right away but the inches are probably still coming off. When you make major changes your body sort of goes into shock and tries to hold on to everything until it adjusts and then you will probably see a decent loss. Try to stick with it and try to get all the foods in even tho its alot.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:23 AM   #4  
LAWL Salt Police

Backing up what Debbie said..

We're all different and our bodies react differently.. At this point, your body is rebelling against the good food and exercise.. It's trying to hold on to what it can... Make sure you're getting in all the water you're supposed to, and get in all your food portions..

Does your COD know you're exercising? I can't imagine daily walking would alter your diet plan (it didn't for mine), but you should mention it anyway..

And don't hesitate to keep posting.. We've all been where you are now!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 189/186/150 or 140

Height: 5'4"

thanks so much for the encouragement gang.... i gotta keep telling myself its only been the first week on the program.. and almost two weeks of excersizing ...

the hardest i find is the salt.. i miss that sooo much haha
Hockeymom71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:20 AM   #6  
LAWL Salt Police

Boy, can I relate to that.. But you know what... In a short time, you'll be able to REALLY taste the salt stuff has...

I remember the first time I ate a McDonald's hamburger after being on the plan for a month or so.. I bit into it and was blown away by how much salt I tasted.. I almost couldn't finish it.. (almost)...

And don't forget, you have substitutions.. Morton's Lite and NoSalt are both pretty good when used in moderation...

Over time, you will also be shocked when you're out with people, by how much salt they put on stuff.. It's an addication in many ways...

You can do this.. Give yourself some credit.. You took a big step in realizing you had to do something to better yourself.. Once you get into a groove you will find it much easier...

Find ways to keep motivated...

When you go to the store, pay attention to what other people are putting into their carts as opposed to what you're buying.. I'm not going to spoil the surprise you'll feel, but it's safe to say you will feel SO good about yourself afterward...

The next time you feel that urge to grab some fries or a bag of chips. DON'T.. Then notice how good it feels that you were able to say no and that you're sticking to your guns.. Sure they might taste good going down, but the anger you'll feel toward yourself afterward is NOT worth it...

That feeling of victory you'll have is an emotional high you won't find through food...

Stay with it, and may the POP be with you!!

Last edited by Dan2112; 04-25-2008 at 10:21 AM.
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:10 AM   #7  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

I know how it is to be missing the salt.

I have switched all the salt in the house to the Morton's Lite, and not a singel person can tell the difference. I also changed salt shakers to one that doesn't put out as much, so I don't use a much when I shake.

I probably will never kick the salt habit totally, but I find that I use less salt now than before, I figure that has to count for something, health-wise.
krjpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:38 AM   #8  

Smile

Thanks for the info on salt.
I am going to shop today and have a list to take with me

Roma
gramabear45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:51 PM   #9  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Don't give up.......don't stop exercising, and don't stop eating You really DO need to eat that much..........your body has just forgotten about it. Debbie and Dan are sooo right. Your body is in shock. Your inner fat girl is pitching a fit.......trying to show you who is boss. You can do this.......just hang in there for a bit
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote