South Beach Diet - What's For Dinner?

View Full Version : What's For Dinner?

hmacneil6
04-21-2008, 12:06 PM
I thought it might be fun to have a thread sharing what everyone is having for dinner. It could help inspire some who find themselves in the monotony of eatting the same thing every week. It might also help to keep us on our toes as far as planning goes. I'll go first:

Tonight I'm having Pesto-Spinach Stuffed Salmon and a big green salad w/ lots of veggies.

Heidelitos
04-21-2008, 12:49 PM
Garbonzo Bean Salad, a piece of fish, and steamed broccoli.

CyndiM
04-21-2008, 12:49 PM
I am utterly uninspiring today. We are having a Quorn Roast (it's a vegetarian thing), lightly cooked asparagus, and three bean salad (with 4 beans). I'm working my way through the freezer before the new stuff is available :)

jillybean720
04-21-2008, 01:00 PM
I found my favorite chicken (Perdue Fit n Easy 99% fat free) on sale for $1.89/lb (normally $4.99/lb :o), so I bought 7 packages. We will be eating chicken a lot in the coming weeks :D

Tonight's chicken dish: I took thin sliced chicken breast, sprayed with a little Smart Balance buttery spray, added a slice of Boar's Head Swiss cheese and a slice of Hormel natural ham, rolled it up, secured with a toothpick, and lightly sprayed the outsides with the buttery spray and sprinkled some paprika. Sort of an easy chicken cordon bleu without breading. I'll serve with broccoli.

femmecreole
04-21-2008, 01:22 PM
Leftover chicken/mushroom/wine "stew" over brown rice+salad.
It was going to be cod, but i'm going to play instead of cook today.

Ruthxxx
04-21-2008, 01:29 PM
Grilled shrimp with grilled peppers and onions if I can get the BBQ working. I'll have some rice or ww noodles with it.

ladybugnessa
04-21-2008, 01:34 PM
shrimp stir fry and brown rice tonite....

iammare
04-21-2008, 01:36 PM
Store bought salads tonight - I'm thinking Shrimp and Chicken Caesar for DH, and maybe the same for me, or just Chicken....

The weather is too nice out there now to do much cooking, and there's a lot of yard work to do, so it's got to be something simple.

GONNABE165
04-21-2008, 02:01 PM
South Beach cola chicken, south beach mash potatoes (cauliflower) & a vegetable

DreaMarie
04-21-2008, 02:36 PM
Haven't fully decided yet, but I think I'm gonna pick up a few things to make the eggplant lasagna and add some ground turkey. =)

mary83
04-21-2008, 04:26 PM
I am having chickpeas and steamed brocolli in balsamic vinegar reduction, and a cup of cawliflour-thyme soup with LF feta. Everybody's dinners sound amazing!

tdiprincess
04-21-2008, 04:31 PM
tuna fish wraps (lettuce wrap) big salads for DH and I. And then some veggie wedges on side and then cheese sticks.

nellagirl
04-21-2008, 06:12 PM
We had hamburger steak (lean ground beef, onions and Worchestershire sauce sauce) baked in the the oven, brocolli and green beans! YUM!

For Dessert: I made this yogurt conocotion with:
Plain FF Yogurt
Splenda
FF Cool Whip
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
(Just mix it all together)

I was actually pretty good and helped my chocolate craving!

hmacneil6
04-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Ladies you dinners sound so good....I hope they tasted as good!
Cyndi - are you vegetarian or are you just eatting through your freezer?

Cat - Your stew sounds yummy! I LOVE mushrooms

Mary - Did you make your soup? It sounds wonderful

Schmoodle
04-21-2008, 07:39 PM
I was so tired when I got home, just threw on some ww penne, served with chicken italian sausage and NSA spaghetti sauce, and a salad.

murphmitch
04-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Sauteed chicken in olive oil with mushrooms, garlic and onion, steamed broccoli and summer squash over brown rice. Don't know about dessert yet!

CyndiM
04-21-2008, 08:34 PM
Mary I need that soup recipe :) I love cauliflower and thyme so it has to be a perfect food :)

hmacneil6 - Yes, we are vegetarian. I suspect SBD may be the perfect vegetarian diet.

My dinner ended up being leftovers. I forgot my partner had concert rehearsal so I had last night's dinner again - cabbage sauteed with peppers, onions, canned plum tomatoes and good Hungarian paprika (the spicy stuff) topped with plain yogurt because that paprika is hot!

cottagebythesea
04-21-2008, 09:19 PM
We had Shrimp Scampi over roasted broccoli, and a SBD-friendly chocolate mousse for dessert.

:) Funny how many of us had shrimp for dinner today.

iammare
04-21-2008, 09:28 PM
We're just eating now. Salads. Chicken Caesar for the both of us. I know, I'm not supposed to do anything but eat when it's meal time, but if I don't multi task, I'd never get anything done, or any sleep.

zeffryn
04-21-2008, 09:43 PM
We had souffle stuffed chicken, brown rice for DH and DS, roasted asparagus and cauliflower.

I'll probably have a fudgesicle for dessert. :)

phxsunflower
04-21-2008, 10:18 PM
ok going to try this....
Had spagetti (ww for me) with nsa sauce and a salad now I am outta here to sub in bunco...

SkinnyDogMom
04-21-2008, 10:22 PM
I worked 12 hours so DH cooked dinner.
He made a wonderful salad with spring mix, red & yellow pepper, cukes, fresh mushrooms, red onion, grape tomatoes, walnuts, goat cheese crumbles & sauteed chicken w/carmelized onions & mushrooms seasoned with cilantro, garlic & lime juice.
We used Trader Joe's cilantro dressing.
Had about 1/2 serving of cottage cheese also.
Dessert was a SF ice cream bar.

SkinnyDogMom
04-21-2008, 10:24 PM
At work today the hospital had a surprisingly good soup.
Chicken fennel.
It was chicken broth with loads of white meat chicken, lots of slices fennel, carrots and I'm guessing onions and celery.
Quite tasty!

cottagebythesea
04-22-2008, 10:05 AM
Tonight we're having Chicken Enchiladinis with tons of extra veggies added in, over a bed of shredded romaine.

Schmoodle
04-22-2008, 10:16 AM
The chicken fennel soup sounds good, I may have to play around with that one. Might be good with some white beans in there too...
And the cauliflower thyme soup also sounds great!

Tonight we'll have Turkey Picatta over baby spinach. DH will be sad because he's not a big turkey fan, but I got 4 Shady Brook Farms turkey breasts at the store last week because they were 99cents/lb. So he'll be sad a lot in the near future!

zeffryn
04-22-2008, 11:18 AM
Tonight, we're having taco bake which DH will make into burritos. I'm making jalapeno cornbread for him also. We'll have some sort of veggie on the side, not sure which yet. Maybe brussels sprouts and green beans.

hmacneil6
04-22-2008, 12:11 PM
Zeff - The souffle stuffed chicken has got to be one of my favorites from that cookbook. It's so good!

Tongiht we're having Chicken Divan w/ a green salad. It's my first time making it, but I've heard so many good things about it on the boards that I'm really excited.

jillybean720
04-22-2008, 12:34 PM
Tonight for us is pasta. I'll boil up some whole wheat w/milled flax penne. Last night, I made the sauce: jar of no salt added sauce, jar of no sugar added sauce, box of frozen chopped spinach cooked and pureed, pound of extra lean ground turkey breast, some chopped turkey pepperoni, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, crushed garlic, minced onion, agave nectar, and salt substitute. All the spinach makes the sauce kinda brown, but I'll just call it pasta florentine ;)

I'm going to measure out the pasta before I cook it instead of cooking the whole box like I usually do. I've accounted for 1.5 servings in my food log, so I'll measure out 3 servings and split the batch between Jeff and me.

I also noticed while looking at my jars of sauce last night that the no salt added version by Francesco Rinaldi also happens to have no sugar in the ingredients list, so I can stick strictly to one kind from now on :)

GONNABE165
04-22-2008, 01:39 PM
Tonight is tv dinner night as we have bowling

Heidelitos
04-22-2008, 02:57 PM
Tonight is shrimp and chicken jambalya (or however you spell it) over brown rice with steamed green beans on the side. I'm in the mood for something a little spicy and I need some comfort food. So the crockpot is filled and I'm just waiting for 6:00!

hmacneil6
04-23-2008, 10:37 AM
Dinner tonight is going to be Thai Veggies w/ Shrimp. And I'll make some rice for my dh.

iammare
04-23-2008, 10:51 AM
I'm doing a pork tenderloin, and steamed broccoli, sauted with a little garlic, and a spray of ICBINB spray. Mashed potatoes for DH, and extra broccoli for me.

Schmoodle
04-23-2008, 10:53 AM
Mmmmm, more shrimp, you guys are taunting me. They are my favorite, but nobody else in the fam likes them, although DH will eat them to be nice. So I try not to cook them too often. :(

We are having sirloin kebabs with peanut dipping sauce, steamed broccoli, and soycotash. Maybe some rice for the kids, but I had a waffle this AM, so none for me.

GONNABE165
04-23-2008, 10:58 AM
dinner tonight - dh is making burritos & salad

cottagebythesea
04-23-2008, 11:56 AM
Leftovers for me tonight, chicken enchiladinis on a bed of fresh baby spinach! :T

SkinnyDogMom
04-23-2008, 01:08 PM
Last night was turkey kielbasa with onions, red/yellow/green peppers & broccoli slaw sauteed then mixed with cooked brown rice with a couple eggs mixed in, then baked. I added Trader Joe's garlic mustard sauce, vinegar & a packet of splenda to the mix. (I was using the hot dog salad as an inspiration for the sauce)

Tonight we are going to Texas Roadhouse for steaks, sweet potato & salad. It is our anniversary and DH wanted to take me to Shula's or Morton's but I didn't really want to go "high-end". I have been to Shula's and for me, it isn't worth it for steaks.

jillybean720
04-23-2008, 01:10 PM
Tonight was supposed to be turkey burgers, but I discovered the rolls were moldy this morning :( I'm fine eating mine bunless, but Jeff likes it on the roll. Now dinner is up in the air...

jillybean720
04-23-2008, 01:11 PM
Tonight we are going to Texas Roadhouse for steaks, sweet potato & salad.
I LOVE Texas Roadhouse! We were at the one in Chantilly last weekend, as a matter of fact!

SkinnyDogMom
04-23-2008, 01:18 PM
That's where we will be...the one in Chantilly! Glad to hear it is good. We haven't yet been, but had heard from a few people good reviews.

femmecreole
04-23-2008, 06:14 PM
Today was a yummy one. I put a bed of butter lettuce and spinich in a large "pasta bowl". then on top of that in the center, I put some hot yellow squash sauteed with red onion and creole seasoning. then on top of that, I put a couple of grilled tilapia filets, then cherry tomatoes, parm cheese and garlic/balsamic vinegarette dressing around the outside of the fish/squash on the salad part...was heavenly.

Ruthxxx
04-23-2008, 06:21 PM
I am getting so many good ideas from this thread.

Tonight I will BBQ a small steak and have with a salad and sweet potato fries. I may grill the last of my red peppers and onions if the BBQ starts OK.

hmacneil6
04-23-2008, 07:17 PM
Cat - That looks AMAZING!!!

Ruth - I'm so glad you're getting great ideas. That was my whole thought in starting the thread. I know I'm learning a lot and it's helping me to think outside the box.

ladybugnessa
04-23-2008, 08:34 PM
tonite
grilled hamburger
brittany blend veggies from trader joes
ww orzo with spaghetti sauce and parm. cheese
salad w/feta and sbd legal dressing.

CyndiM
04-23-2008, 08:38 PM
One of the local farms has bok choy so we've been eating a lot of it. tonight it was sauteed and seasoned with soy sauce and sesame oil. We also had Lightlife
chick'n cutlets sauteed with garlic, mushrooms & artichoke hearts.

Shy Moment
04-23-2008, 08:45 PM
Tonight is 4 oz Wild Salmon, French cut green beans, buttered noodles and banana cream pudding.

murphmitch
04-23-2008, 10:38 PM
We had red peppers stuffed with ground turkey, onion and NSA spaghetti sauce (Basil & Tomato). Also a green salad.

zeffryn
04-24-2008, 09:53 AM
Tonight, if we don't go out (my Mom is in town) we'll be having chicken caprese with some pasta and veggies.

Schmoodle
04-24-2008, 10:40 AM
I'm indecisive today. I could do Taco salad, which the kids would like, but I'm a little tired of. Or I stewed a turkey carcass and could do some soup, but it's going to be hot today. Or broccoli cheese soup with turkey, but ditto. And I think the original plan was Pork Diane, but I haven't thawed the pork. I'll decide later I guess.

GONNABE165
04-24-2008, 11:27 AM
dh is making some king of salad with cut up chicken breast & some king of ginger vinegarette dressing?????

hmacneil6
04-24-2008, 11:54 AM
Taco Bake (which I haven't had a quite a while) w/ a big salad. Very excited!

SkinnyDogMom
04-24-2008, 11:55 AM
Breakfast for dinner tonight. I have burned or scraped the roof of my mouth on something, so I need soft foods for a day or two.
Tonight:
scrambled eggs w/cheddar cheese, DH will have bacon
cottage cheese
something soft in the veggie family, maybe sauteed spinach-just wilted
Vanilla yogurt for dessert

Kim_Star060404
04-24-2008, 12:10 PM
We're having "Mama Weaver's Meatloaf" (DH's favorite) with baked zucchini and yellow squash with brown rice and salad.

iammare
04-24-2008, 12:31 PM
I don't know what I want to do for dinner tonight. Last night I made myself a HUGE salad with a little roasted turkey, but didn't eat 1/4 of it - I just wasn't hungry. DH got pork tenderloin, mashed potatoes, and beats.

I was thinking chicken marsala tonight, but don't really want to go to the store. I have a ham steak in the freezer, but don't know what to put with it for DH, potatoes are a no-go 2 days in a row.

I have some cooked frozen shrimp... maybe just a shrimp cocktail and salad. DH should be happy with that.

hmacneil6
04-30-2008, 10:39 AM
Pulling up the thread for the week.....
Tonight I'm fixing baked flounder w/ lemon ailoi, roasted eggplant w/ lemon & olive oil, & green salad w/ lots of veggies!

SkinnyDogMom
04-30-2008, 11:29 AM
Trader Joe's frozen marinated ahi, baked
Salad with whatever fresh veggies I can still find in the fridge
TJ's Hodge Podge mixed veggies
SBD friendly waldorf salad

jillybean720
04-30-2008, 12:16 PM
I think tonight will be thin-sliced chicken breast baked with NSA homemade bbq sauce and reduced-fat cheese served with steamed cauliflower. There's also the possibility of turning it into chicken sandwiches on whole wheat potato rolls.

Schmoodle
04-30-2008, 12:46 PM
Pork Diane and sauteed baby spinach with some other veggie

GONNABE165
04-30-2008, 05:15 PM
dh is making taco bake

blondywants2bethin
04-30-2008, 07:15 PM
doing breakfast omelet and turkey bacon .Need some new ideas :?:

hmacneil6
04-30-2008, 07:38 PM
blondy - That's what this thread is all about. Read through it, you'll find lots of great ideas!!!

zeffryn
04-30-2008, 08:02 PM
Spiced chicken fingers with cilantro dipping sauce and salsa, mixed baby green salad, white bean puree with some chipotle peppers added, and balsamic green beans.

CyndiM
04-30-2008, 08:11 PM
Purple cabbage sauteed with garlic and fennel seeds served with cannelini beans. It's one of my super healthy and filling dinners after a day of eating a little too rich :)

ladybugnessa
04-30-2008, 08:31 PM
lean hamburgers (on rolls for dh and gc)
pan cooked brussel sprouts in garlic
salad
kasah varnishkas (buckwheat groats with whole wheat bow tie noodles)

cottagebythesea
04-30-2008, 09:13 PM
Spinach, mushroom & mozzarella supreme

hmacneil6
05-01-2008, 10:36 AM
Dinner tonight will be ham & swiss wrapped in chicken (a la Cat's recipe that she shared with me way back), zucchini w/ herbs & feta, and a green salad w/ lots of veggies. Dessert is a slice of lime cheesecake. YUM!

zeffryn
05-01-2008, 10:45 AM
Chicken Capri, wilted garlic spinach, brocolli

pamatga
05-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Keep it simple sweeties!

Supper or Dinner for my DH and I is simple: lean meat, lots of vegetables and for him some kind of starch. That's it.

It is every night. The only thing changes is the type of meat we have.

P. S. I have noticed that the one time of the day when I "crave" something sweet is after my evening meal so I usually reserve this time for my 75 calories of "sweet treat".

zeffryn
05-01-2008, 09:08 PM
We're still having the chicken capri, but I changed the recipe a bit. I rubbed the chicken with fresh garlic and chopped some garlic and scattered it over the top of the breasts. I also sprinkled the breasts with some italian seasoning and poured a little white wine in the roasting pan. I'm going to mix the ricotta with some shredded lf mozzarella and fresh chopped basil, parsley and garlic. Put it on top of the chicken with some crushed tomatoes and stick it back in the oven for awhile. I'm serving it over wilted spinach and I picked up some asparagus at the market for 1.00 a lb today, so I have a ton!

mmmmm. I'm starving and DS is eating graham crackers.

Schmoodle
05-02-2008, 10:25 AM
It's Friday so pizza and salad tonight of course!

zeffryn
05-02-2008, 11:52 AM
Taco bake which DH will turn into a burrito. I'm making some jalapeno corn bread for him also. For veggies, I'm thinking roasted brussels sprouts and cauliflower with a little parmesan.

I'm craving carrots. I have a few baby carrots ready in the garden that I would kill to eat.

Ruthxxx
05-02-2008, 12:02 PM
Either grilled pork tenderloin or shrimp, tabbouleh, sugar snap peas and maybe a ricotta cream for dessert.

hmacneil6
05-02-2008, 12:13 PM
Ruth, do you buy your tabbouleh or do you make it yourself? If you make it yourself.....can you send me the recipe? I love the stuff, but I worry about what grain they use in premade ones.
Thanks!

Oops, forgot to share what I'm having. Dh & I are headed out to eat tonight, he says he's been craving mexican. So I'll most likely have a taco salad....and I'll stay far away from the chips & salsa.

GONNABE165
05-02-2008, 12:15 PM
tonight is family dinner nite and dh's choice is steak n shake and yes I have already looked in my dining guide for choices

jillybean720
05-02-2008, 12:20 PM
I forgot to take my chicken out of the freezer this morning, so hopefully it will defrost well enough in the microwave when I get home. So we will have thin-sliced chicken breasts topped with leftover pasta sauce and shredded cheese served over chopped steamed cauliflower.

On a side note, I've found that steaming my frozen cauliflower in the microwave and then just kinda chopping it up with a fork makes a fabulous substitute for rice. The first time I did it, Jeff even asked me directly if it was rice!

zeffryn
05-02-2008, 12:48 PM
I discovered a really great twist on faux-tatoes. After mashing and adding butter, salt and pepper......put into casserole dish, sprinkle with some parmesan and bake until golden on top. It makes it a little less watery and a little more like twice baked potatoes.

KateB
05-02-2008, 01:04 PM
I am declaring war on Mother Nature tonight!!! It is May and they are predicting snow....I am making salmon on the grill and cooking it on a cedar plank if I have to stand out there in snow pants and a parka to do it!! I am also going to roast sweet potatoes and asperagus on the grill and make a salad with mixed greens, tomato, cucumbers, diced mango, and walnuts. DH will drown his with some kind of dressing, mine will be splashed with a mix of fresh squeezed orange juice, balsamic vinegar, and a little olive oil.

Marathon Mom
05-02-2008, 03:28 PM
KateB - your menu and determination (to cook on the grill regardless of snow) are wonderful... Good for you! Enjoy your dinner. It sounds great...

Dinner at our house... Vegetarian Taco Bake! (turned into a Taco Bake Salad)

:carrot:

SkinnyDogMom
05-02-2008, 04:11 PM
Pseudo Taco Bake, as I don't have all the ingredients for a full Taco Bake. It will be more basic, ground beef w/loads of seasonings, ff refried beans, cheddar cheese, lettuce & sour cream.
I may cook some broccoli to up the veggies.

blondywants2bethin
05-02-2008, 11:43 PM
blondy - That's what this thread is all about. Read through it, you'll find lots of great ideas!!!

thanks i can see that. i have read some great ideas for meals,couldn't get through this diet with out those ideas

CyndiM
05-03-2008, 01:59 PM
seitan "beef" and broccoli stir fry with brown rice
cup of white bean soup

sweetlovin
05-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Last night I had broccoli/mushrooms with steamed grilled chicken.

Schmoodle
05-03-2008, 11:13 PM
We had some delicious T-bones and I made salad and sauteed zucchini, and everyone had coconut custard pie for dessert, but I had a sf jello and cool whip free. Oh, and a glass of wine. And guac and salsa with chips for them and with triscuits for me. So yummy and totally on plan!

cottagebythesea
05-05-2008, 07:41 AM
I'm going to close this thread and start a new one up for the new week, girls. :)