100 lb. Club - Exercisers check in here! April 21st-27th

fiberlover
04-21-2008, 10:09 AM
This thread is open to anyone and everyone who wants to post!

Welcome to a new week!
Post any exercise you do for the day, cheer on others and get some motivation to get moving!

:lifter:

Parveen
04-21-2008, 10:20 AM
I was really bad on working out last week! I was so busy at work and coming home late, so I have to do it this week! ti will be Jari Love Mon/Wed/Fri and tae Bo Tue/Thur
You guys on here motivate me so much! I also weighed myself and am down a pound!! this is huge for me and I started Fitday last week too. That makes a big difference when I have to record what I ate.

findingfawn
04-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Hi Parveen, and welcome! Congrats on using the Fitday! It is one of the many things that keep me on track!

I am starting this week out horribly! Not too horribly, but my hip went out yesterday. I wanted so bad to do plenty of exercise this morning, but with this hip it has to be easy going for a bit..grrrr. Anyway, I did the 2mi WATP... trying to hold back tears from time to time. I know if I just push through a few workouts in a few days it will ease up. For some reason Leslies workouts really make it feel better. I'm hoping to get a half hour in on the treadmill later, but it depends on how the hip feels, oh and it's Monday which means we have an appt at the hospital (behavior counseling for my oldest who is adhd/odd) That is a nice long fast walk, and 2 flights of stairs.. again, may skip the stairs today, depends on the hip.

Hope everyone has a moving and grooving week!!!

fiberlover
04-21-2008, 11:11 AM
Welcome Parveen - keep posting on this thread everyday, it will keep you motivated!

Fawn: please be careful with your hip.

Today I did my lower body bowflex workout, and then this evening I will be doing Week 3 Day 2 of C25K.

findingfawn
04-21-2008, 11:34 AM
Thanks Lori, I am pretty careful. When it is all out of whack like this I go the easier route.. like I don't squat into the side steps and kick backs, and do smaller movements with my legs.. knee lifts, kicks, sidesteps etc.

Do you like your Bowflex? Hubby has a friend who has one he might be willing to sell, but we aren't sure where to put it...lol. Hubby is also concerned because he grew up with the "free weight" mentality.

fiberlover
04-21-2008, 11:47 AM
Fawn - I love the bowflex! We have had it for about 7-8 years now. I always question why I stop using it, because you get strong so fast.
I do love free weights, but bowflex is very different from gym machines because it takes inertia out of the equation. It also works well for me, being a shortie :) At the gym, my feet dangled on a lot of equipment.

suzie76
04-21-2008, 11:49 AM
Hi,

I'm easing back into exercise after an injury. I did a one mile Leslie Sansone this morning, and hope to ride my recumbent bike later.

Take care,
Sherry

findingfawn
04-21-2008, 01:39 PM
Good job Sherry! I love Leslie!!

Lori.. I know nothing about being short... really :p I am gonna start hounding hubby to get on that bowflex... well see.

amouse
04-21-2008, 07:19 PM
today i did 6 kms in 30 minutes on the elliptical and i am about to take My husbands Nan shopping too .. Itwill take a couple of housr of slow walking ... hey its still exercise lol ...

jitterfish
04-21-2008, 07:23 PM
Yesterday and today's exercise was a little over 2km in the pool. And I'm going to go for a run hopefully if it stop raining.

SwimGirl
04-21-2008, 09:06 PM
fiber - I am doing C25K as well, tomorrow I do week 1 day 3. How are you liking it so far? I get really sore, but my body isn't used to moving in this way.

I haven't been posting in here much, I am exercising 5-6 times a weeks, weight and cardio. But I am still gaining weight, so it's hard to post when thats happening.

-Aimee

Iwanawurkit
04-21-2008, 09:18 PM
15 mins on the eliptical and 15 mins on the treadmill. 40 mins on the free weight machines. I do this on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. Will do Cardio on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays.

fiberlover
04-21-2008, 09:24 PM
fiber - I am doing C25K as well, tomorrow I do week 1 day 3. How are you liking it so far? I get really sore, but my body isn't used to moving in this way.

I haven't been posting in here much, I am exercising 5-6 times a weeks, weight and cardio. But I am still gaining weight, so it's hard to post when thats happening.

-Aimee

Hi Aimee - I am liking it so far. I guess as much as I really like running ;)
I can do much more than I thought, it is more of a mental block for me. I am running the 3 minutes with no problem, and actually did a 4.5 minute run. I wanted to see how long it took me to go 1/4 mile, and it was 4 minutes. So I am jogging about a 16 minute mile right now (if I could jog the whole thing).

I kind of want to see how long I can actually run for, I suspect it is quite a while now - but am going at the training pace so I don't get hurt. I find my thighs are the most tired. They feel heavy while running, I don't get out of breath or anything, but the legs feel it. Not sure if they will get used to it or I just will have to deal with that feeling.

xJox
04-21-2008, 11:27 PM
Swimgirl and Fiber- I too am doing c25k. Im on I did week 6 day 2 today. Tomorrow I will do day 3. Its a biggie. Im nervous. Its 25 minutes. I managed to survive the 20 min but Im doubtful about 25.

FB
04-22-2008, 12:00 AM
Good game peeps!

Did my nocturnal walk/jog with the dog, 6.2 miles. Lots of hills tonite.

xJox
04-22-2008, 12:07 AM
Good game peeps!

Did my nocturnal walk/jog with the dog, 6.2 miles. Lots of hills tonite.

Wow!!! WTG!!!

findingfawn
04-22-2008, 08:19 AM
Great job everyone!

This morning I did the 2mi WATP again, my hip is still out :( I think I will be going to the Chiropractor tonight to get it all fixed up.. I can't take it much more!

I want to do the C25K.. I looked at it, and think it's doable, but I won't jog in public and the treadmill hubby got me is an old dinosaur that doesn't measure speed or distance, and I'm not quite sure how to make it work on it... hmmmm will have to give it some thought, after my hip is feeling better!

fiberlover
04-22-2008, 08:21 AM
Alana Jo: week 6 WOW!!
You know you can do 20 minutes, it's only 5 more minutes to add on. You can do it! Just slow your pace and post here to let us know how it went!

FB
04-22-2008, 10:32 AM
Thanks for encouragement Alana Jo. It's really not much though, more walking than jogging. I have this unfounded fear that someone will scream from a passing car while I'm running. So I interval it based on passing cars. Gawd, I'm such an eighth grade girl sometimes.

I live in a downtown with lots of drunkards. I know it likely won't happen and that it doesn't matter if it does, but when you feel all of your jiggles jiggling while jogging anything seems likely....

But whatever about my insecurities- you deserve some major props! Week 6 is GREAT!

xJox
04-22-2008, 12:47 PM
Great job everyone!

This morning I did the 2mi WATP again, my hip is still out :( I think I will be going to the Chiropractor tonight to get it all fixed up.. I can't take it much more!

I want to do the C25K.. I looked at it, and think it's doable, but I won't jog in public and the treadmill hubby got me is an old dinosaur that doesn't measure speed or distance, and I'm not quite sure how to make it work on it... hmmmm will have to give it some thought, after my hip is feeling better!

As long as the treadmill runs, u can do it. Just jog at the speed that is comfortable for u and get a stop watch to watch how long u go. I dont go by distance. I go by time.. for now.

Alana Jo: week 6 WOW!!
You know you can do 20 minutes, it's only 5 more minutes to add on. You can do it! Just slow your pace and post here to let us know how it went!

Thanks. Im gonna attempt it. lol. Ill let u know how it goes. :)

Thanks for encouragement Alana Jo. It's really not much though, more walking than jogging. I have this unfounded fear that someone will scream from a passing car while I'm running. So I interval it based on passing cars. Gawd, I'm such an eighth grade girl sometimes.

I live in a downtown with lots of drunkards. I know it likely won't happen and that it doesn't matter if it does, but when you feel all of your jiggles jiggling while jogging anything seems likely....

But whatever about my insecurities- you deserve some major props! Week 6 is GREAT!

I totally understand that. If I didnt have a treadmill I dont think Id be confident enough to attempt the c25k.

SwimGirl
04-22-2008, 02:00 PM
Alana Jo - you can totally do 25 minutes! Look forward to hearing how it goes!

findingfawn - I also do my C25K by time, I wouldn't even know how to measure that kind of distance! You can definitely do it, if I can do it, you totally can! I have bad knees and some days.. yuck!

fiber - You are seriously the workout queen, impressive! I have issues finding time to get more than 30 minutes in.. so congrats!!

It was my day off from weights and running, so I went for a walk, 53 minutes later I hit a wall (not literally!) and luckily my car was right there! Tomorrow I will run.

-Aimee

fiberlover
04-22-2008, 03:33 PM
Today's workouts:

Bowflex upper body and chest/abs

Cardio was Hard Core Fusion by the Firm.

Aimee - I have made working out the priority in my life. If I haven't exercised - no tv or computer games. I just make time, even if it means doing it later at night or early in the morning.
I am going to have a challenge next week. I have a conference I will be attending for 3 days, it is a 1.5 hour drive there and back each day - plus the day at the conference. I still need to fit in my workouts around that and I am looking at the schedule to figure it out.

xGurlyGrlx
04-22-2008, 10:42 PM
Hi Everyone!
I haven't checked in the last few days because I haven't been exercising.:o I have been in a funky mood lately. I did do something today, though!! I walked 1.5 miles with my dog. It was kind of cold out and I think it might rain soon.

My cough is FINALLY going away...and I hope to get my act together enough to do the c25k! I don't have a treadmill either...so I will be roughing it...hehe. I have to figure out a good spot to run...I don't have any sidewalks in my housing area and its mostly dirt and rocks on the paths I walk. Can anyone run on a school track??

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!

FB
04-22-2008, 10:58 PM
Hey Gurly- I think anyone can run on a school track. Around here at least. I'd just do it after school hours. I sympathize about the sickies. It took me a good three weeks to get out of my mental/physical slump, it bites.

Speaking of biting- did the daily crazy dog walk and some gardening (Sorry Lori! Hope your ground is getting workable). The weather is so nice I avoid my home gym, I can't help it. Haven't tracked the distance yet but the HRM says I burned 754 calories during the walk. Fine by me!

makeyourownplans
04-22-2008, 11:32 PM
What a motivational thread to read! So great to see everyone moving so much.

Eliptical for 20 minutes, walk/jog (mostly walk!) 20 minutes. Will start c25k when I'm a little more fit.

SwimGirl
04-23-2008, 02:13 AM
fiber - those are my days everyday! It sucks, makes things hard for sure. Tomorrow I have a short day at work :) Too bad I'll be too tired to enjoy any of it! For some reason at work they have me working late, and then early, and then late, and then early, EXHAUSTING! I have been good with making exercise a priority, I just gotta get my food on that same track! heh.

It's so exciting to see all you c25k's out there!

makeyourownplan - I am pretty out of shape, and I'm just about done week 1 of it, I say just go for it! Last time I did it (2 years ago, eek!) I stalled on a couple of weeks for an extra 1-2 days, just so I could get a good feel for it before I moved on, that really worked for me.

Gurly - I used to run on a dirt and rock trail, it was GREAT! Softer than cement! Also I got more privacy, which is nice esp since my face goes a horrible shade of red every time I exercise.

-Aimee

findingfawn
04-23-2008, 08:40 AM
FB, I totally understand that fear!!! When I was very pregnant with my oldest, I was quite thin with a super huge basketball belly. I was heading to the fair alone to meet up with some friends and here comes a car full of young guys, one of them yells out the window "Nice Belly haha", then they all started laughing. I'm not sure if they thought I was a teenage mother or what (I was 21 and looked about 15), but it was definately something that made an impact on what I do in public still to this day! I love getting out to exercise.. I wish it was more doable where I live! I live on a mountain... not safe area to be walking with kids in tow..grrrr. Maybe we should trade, I'll take crazy dog and you take crazy kids?

Alana Jo, my hip is finally on the mends, so I will play with it some tonight to see where I need to set it to jog. Sunday I figured out where it needed to be for a fast walk.. it has a turn dial that adjusts the speed and nothing to indicate how fast it is going.. I can't wait to be able to buy a good one someday, but this one does the job for now.

Aimee, Thanks for the vote of confidence! I agree with Lori.. I have to make exercise a priority. I get up early to get it in. I am trying to work in an evening thing too, but as long as I have gotten in at least a half hour of exercise first thing in the morning I know I have done what was my minimum need for the day. I dont' have to worry about working around a work schedule, just a housefull of kiddos including 2 wild preschoolers... once they are up forget doing anything but damage control..lol.

Kara, glad you are getting over this yuck that is going around. I think exercising helped kick it for me.. as strange as it sounds. Around here if the school isn't using the track, and it's after school hours then it's community property, I hate going there because it's heavily used here, but it's always an option. Do you have any Rails to Trails areas around you? Some of ours around here are quite nice to use.

Makeyourownplans, welcome! I am far from fit, there is another plan out there like the C25K that takes 13 weeks to do 10K, it goes a bit slower. I'm not sure which one I like better, but I'm not afraid to do my own thing. If I have to repeat a week or 2 because I'm not ready to move on, then that is just what I will do!

Whew.. just typing all of that was a workout in itself!

My hip is feeling slightly better today, so I did the 3mi WATP. I want to try to get on the treadmill this afternoon.. but who knows if I will make it there or not.

Keep up the great work everyone!

KristyR
04-23-2008, 09:56 AM
My goal this week was to make it to the gym at least three times. I made all sorts of excuses Monday and Tuesday, but I made it first thing this morning, and I can still meet my goal. This morning I did 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer, and then 30 minutes of weight training. I did upper body only with weights so that I can do some weight training every visit, even if I make it two days in a row.

findingfawn
04-23-2008, 10:29 AM
Way to go Kristy! I'm glad you made it there this morning!

Matthey78
04-23-2008, 11:31 AM
Today I did my lower body bowflex workout, and then this evening I will be doing Week 3 Day 2 of C25K.

What is C25K?

fiberlover
04-23-2008, 12:01 PM
What is C25K?

Couch to 5K - a training program to run 3 miles. http://www.c25K.com

Parveen
04-23-2008, 01:44 PM
I did my Jari Love last night, felt really good, hurt my arms and legs, but felt good!! today is Tae Bo!!!

Rayelle
04-23-2008, 03:55 PM
Today I did 50 crunches and 1.5 miles walking, hopefully going to do some more crunches and possibly weights

kellsua
04-23-2008, 04:41 PM
Hi Everyone,
I walked last night for 2 miles, this morning I was on the treadmill for a half hour and tonight I'll do another 2 miles...I'm trying to get ready for the March of Dimes walk this weekend. I'll be walking 6 miles.
Keep motivated everyone !
Kelly

fiberlover
04-23-2008, 06:57 PM
:woohoo: You all rock!!

I was supposed to to C25K Week 3 Day 3, I use the little podcasts to tell me when to start and stop jogging. Well, halfway through the warmup - the batteries died on my MP3 player (note to self - always check the batteries before leaving home).

So, since I was already at the track, I decided to alternate walk one time around and jog one time around. I did 4 laps walking and 5 jogging. So 2.25 miles. I decided to see how far I could go around on the last jog - and did 2 laps around the track. I can jog for 1/2 a mile at a time! I am so excited!

xGurlyGrlx
04-23-2008, 08:19 PM
WOW Lori - that is fantastic!! I can't wait until I can jog for a long time like that! :carrot:

I am going now to walk my 1.5 miles with the pooch!

FB
04-23-2008, 10:45 PM
Did my daily dog walk with not one but TWO crazy dogs. I think my dog walks are toning my arms as well. We went 1.5 miles tonite too- like Gurly!

After dinner a 30 minute stationary bike ride at an average of 14 mph- probably not impressive (I have no clue about these things) BUT a new record for me to sustain it for so long!

Edited because I messed up my km to miles conversion.

Lori- I can never remember to charge my iPod... it's been in the car for a month with a wiped out battery. Don't you hate a useless mp3 player? I always think to charge while I'm in the middle of exercising, but forget afterwards!

xGurlyGrlx
04-24-2008, 02:06 AM
I did my walk tonight and ended up going shopping with a friend at an outdoor mall. We walked FOREVER! Does that count as exercise?!?!

Swim - I might try and jog on the rocks. It just makes me nervous because I have rolled one of my ankles SOO many times and broke it once. Im scared I will step wrong on a rock. :^:
Fawn - I have some trails...but all rock. I think I might look at the school near my house and see what the track is like and if a lot of people go there.

KristyR
04-24-2008, 07:51 AM
Woke up at 3:30 this morning - my usual. I work night shift, and 95% of the time I sleep at night, I wake up at 3:30. Anyway, this morning, I got up, shaved my legs, ate a light breakfast, played with the dogs for a little while, and then went on to the gym when it opened at 5 am. Woo hoo! Did my 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer, then a little lower body weight training. I jumped on the stationary bike after the weight training because it helps my legs not to be so sore the next day. I was listening to the RENT soundtrack, and before I knew it, I had done 30 minutes on the bike too when I just meant to do 10! And I've already had 6 glasses of water this morning.

findingfawn
04-24-2008, 09:48 AM
Everyone is doing great!!

Yesterday we started putting in our garden which is pretty huge. I hate the planning stages of it because I never know what to put where..lol. We had the tractor come till it last week to get it ready (we live on hubby's families farm), and his uncle said we were safe to start planting most stuff now. The biggest challenge was strawberries. I needed a spot for them that wouldn't get tilled next year... not an easy task, so I just took one end row and put in 21 plants.. I love strawberries!! YUMMY! Then I did a fast half hour on the treadmill. All that on top of my 3mi WATP.

So far today I did the 3mi WATP, I woke up late and am way behind myself.. grrrr I should be out hanging clothes by now and heading back to the garden to put in onions, radishes and carrots, but here I sit.

SwimGirl
04-24-2008, 11:42 AM
No exercise for me yesterday, I was feeling a little off at work, and by the time I got home I was useless. I'm still extremely sick today, I might even have to call in sick.. yuck! Hopefully I can get back at it tomorrow! Fingers crossed!

Gurly - I hear you on the ankle thing, I've rolled mine more times than I can count! Maybe find something a little safer! Don't wanna be sidelined.

hmmm, on that ipod charging thing.. my brother is big on mac's (all my family has a mac computer and ipod of some sort), and what I've learned is that if you leave the battery dead for too long sometimes they won't charge, in which case you will have to get a new battery! So charge your ipod! I tried to get the battery replaced on my ipod mini and it was cheaper to get a new ipod :(

-Aimee

Penney
04-24-2008, 01:53 PM
With all of the rain we have been having this week - I am forgoing the gym because I have so much yard work - so I am averaging a couple of hours in the evening of planting, weeding, putting dirt down, trimming, pruning etc. I was even a little sore this morning.... I LOVE IT!

Gela
04-24-2008, 01:54 PM
Good work everyone! Swimgirl I hope you feel better soon. Mon, Tue and Wed I did 4 mile walks. However yesterday I felt a mild pain in my chest while I was walking. I stopped walking and it went away pretty fast. I saw my doctor yesterday afternoon and had an EKG. She said it had non specific abnormalities and made a call to get me to see a cardiologist this afternoon. I have always had a high platelet count so I'm a little worried. So no more exercise until I get a workup.

Rayelle
04-24-2008, 04:47 PM
Today I walked 2 miles!

dandk0204
04-24-2008, 04:55 PM
Yesterday:

3 Miles Walk Away The Pounds with Stretchie Band (34 minutes)
3 Miles Walk Away The Pounds with Stretchie Band (34 minutes)
1 Miles Walk Away The Pounds (13 minutes)

Today:

Biggest Loser Cardio Max (30 minutes)
Biggest Loser Strenght Training (30 minutes)

I might walk 3 miles tonight or do a few minutes of rowing on my bowflex.

fiberlover
04-24-2008, 05:04 PM
Kara - shopping is always great exercise :D

Kristy - awesome job!

Fawn - I love gardening! I just do flowers, tried strawberries but the squirrels and birds got way more than I ever did.

Aimee - hope you feel better soon!

Penney - it's amazing how many muscles you feel the next day after digging and planting. My hamstrings always feel sore.

Angela!!! Please take care of yourself!

Rayelle - great job on the 2 miles!

Ashley - I have a bowflex, too. Don't you love it??

Did I miss anyone?? LOL
Today I did my back/legs bowflex workout out. Then I did a bunch of outdoor work at my flip house. Lawn mowing, raking and clean up. About an hours worth. I will probably do a little more cardio later, probably a bike ride.

FB
04-24-2008, 09:05 PM
Oh a bowflex, jealous!
Gela- hope everything is okay. Take good care of yourself.

I'm afraid I'm boring- you guessed it- a one hour dog walk. We hit some big looooo-ooong hills. HRM says I burned 623 calories!

And a little gardening brag (sorry, but I'm proud of it today)... I did about an hours work in our yard. Our house is an old house, built in the 1800's and was the rectory for the church next door (which I love). At one point the backyard was a parking lot and we're making incredible progress on it in the short time we've been here. It's a lot of hard work but really worth it. We're going with a lush Victorian look, no grass, pure plants, terrace, water garden and pergola. I'm so happy it was a parking lot, because we had a clean slate to work with. I don't know that we would have been so over the top if we had had grass.

Gela
04-25-2008, 12:44 AM
Thanks :) I am scheduled for a stress echocardiogram 4/30. I hope it will be ok. I am really going to miss my walks until then. But I better be safe than sorry. I'll still check this thread to keep up my motivation until everything's checked out.

xGurlyGrlx
04-25-2008, 02:40 AM
:wave: Everyone!
I missed my walk today. I was watching my best friends three kids. That could be exercise...maybe ;) Chasing around an 8 year old, 4 year old, and a 1 year old. I'm TIRED!

findingfawn
04-25-2008, 08:41 AM
Hey everyone, just checking in this morning. I am so sad, I didn't get up this morning and exercise like I usually do. I will get it in sometime today, but I just wanted to "chill" this morning.

Keep up the great work everyone!

Oh.. Lori, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to flowers..lol I don't know a whole lot about veggies, but I'm learning. Hubby is a farm boy, but even he is pretty clueless, he just always did what his grandpa and uncles told him to do and never absorbed it.. so his uncle is our mentor.

Angela.. please take care of yourself.

Kara.. yes chasing 3 kids is exercise!

fiberlover
04-25-2008, 08:08 PM
Hi Everyone! The weekend is here!!

Today I did upper body bowflex workout and then C25K Week 4 Day 1.

findingfawn
04-26-2008, 09:26 AM
Morning everyone, and happy WEEKEND!!

I never did get in a workout yesterday, I really am in a funk and am struggling to eat right and exercise every day the past few days.

This morning I got up and did the 4mi Express WATP. It felt great, I just don't know why I'm struggling so much right now.

makeyourownplans
04-26-2008, 10:40 AM
Happy weekend to you too!

This week is Race for the Cure in my area. I certainly won't be racing, but I'll be power walking/little bit of jogging for the cure. So excited to know I'll be doing a 5k tomorrow! The plan is to not push it and do my own thing, and note the time at the end. Then do more of the c25k plan this summer and do another 5k at the end to see how far I've come. I need these mini goals to shoot for to keep me motivated!

Happy exercising to all :)

xGurlyGrlx
04-26-2008, 01:00 PM
Good morning...at least here. I'm sure its afternoon for some!

I walked one mile last night with my dog and my mom came too!! Not really sure of the plan today. I am feeling kind of like Fawn - not totally motivated. I will probably take a long walk today. Maybe even get out the rollerblades... wish me luck!!

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday!!

SwimGirl
04-26-2008, 06:14 PM
It's sunny and hot here today, definitely good for motivation on the whole bathing suit season coming up! We are going to the beach for 10 days in July, so I wanna get in better shape for that. Plus I need to buy a darn swim suit, fun!

I went and played tennis for half an hour, and headed to the basketball court for 20 minutes!

-Aimee

fiberlover
04-26-2008, 06:40 PM
Hi all!

Today was a 3.5 mile walk. Okay, it was a 1.5 mile walk, then a 2 mile later in the day :D

Not much else, it's Saturday and really nice out!!

kellsua
04-26-2008, 09:32 PM
:)I did 2.5 miles today at a rather moderate pace. It was rather windy so I felt I worked a little harder at it today. Tomorrow I am walking for March of Dimes with a friend. We will be doing 6 miles.
Happy exercise everyone :carrot:

FB
04-26-2008, 10:30 PM
Walked, walked and walked yesterday and today.

Hope everyone's weekend is fun and healthy!

xGurlyGrlx
04-26-2008, 11:55 PM
I ended up not getting out the rollerblades. I went for a walk...one mile. It was really hot here today! Hope everyone had a nice day!

fiberlover
04-27-2008, 09:03 AM
Good morning everyone!

Today I got up early to do my C25K. Ugh.... jogging at 7:30am is not really my cup of tea (or coffee....).
I will be gone this afternoon - so needed to get the cardio in beforehand. No excuses to not do it!

We have had a great week so far, everyone is doing really well!

Penney
04-27-2008, 11:44 AM
Hi everyone!

FB - I am jealous - I love the idea of having a blank slate to work with - we are trying to undo 14 years of neglect with our lawn (previous owners - not me - honest!). But - it will come eventually - and I will love my lawn all the more because it is going to help me get my body back into shape. But, if my dog tears up my veggie garden one more time - the dog GOES!! (Kidding - but I like to dream of it). We finally put up some twine around the garden and he has not figured out yet that he could still get in if he really wanted to........

Gela - Keep up the positive thinking - sending lots of positive vibes your way!

Well - I didn't go to the gym this last week at all - worked on my yard every day - I felt a little guilty about not going to gym but I still physically feel like I got my workouts in - between raking up dead grass - hauling 40 pound bags of soil - getting up and down off of my knees - my body is definitely feeling it.

Today is the start of a brand new week and I am feeling so good - hope it stays that way after tomorrow.... :dizzy:

kellsua
04-27-2008, 06:39 PM
:cheers:Congrads everyone for a great week of working out and or walking. Some of you here are such a great motivator !!!:coach:
I got out today and walked :carrot: 6 miles for the March of Dimes in our area!! It took me just about 2 hours to complete it. I had a walking partner so it was a little easier to do:hug:It was a beautiful day here in Michigan. A bit cool and a bit of a breeze, but a perfect day to get in plenty of exercise.
Now my goal is this week to stay motivated even though my feet and legs are a bit sore from todays journey.
I'm not loosing much weight, but I am finding continued motivation here to keep with my exercise plan in hoping the weight will come off.

Have a great week everyone !:)

Kellsua

FB
04-27-2008, 09:14 PM
Penney- isn't it fun though- to have to start from the beginning? You are as well- it's tough work! Whether it's neglect or gravel, it's all our creation. I'll bet your workout was just as total and hard as a gym's.

Walked the crazy dog for 3.1 miles with 1.8 miles of TOUGH LONG hills- I've avoided them until now. I didn't think I could do it- but I did! And it wasn't hard at all! I surprised myself. HRM claims 597 calories burned. I guess that's good? I've only had the HRM for about two weeks and have mainly used it for the walks.

Hey, just realized! I did a 5k! That sounds so much more impressive than 3.1 miles!

fiberlover
04-27-2008, 10:31 PM
Kellsua - :bravo:

FB, great job on those hills!

makeyourownplans
04-27-2008, 11:25 PM
Did the 5k today and if felt so good to finish! I jogged a little less than half and walked the rest. It was great to see the community out moving and cheering each other on! I might be hooked on organized races.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!