20-Somethings - Weekly Chat 4/21 - 4/27

View Full Version : Weekly Chat 4/21 - 4/27

RememberHowToSmile
04-21-2008, 08:53 AM
Hey everyone, Happy Monday.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was filled with studying. No fun but only a week and a half until my last final and then two weeks until my last commitment for the semester. Now next semester starts the following week for me but I will only be doing my internship so life will get a lot better. I decided at like 10 last night to do the extra credit assignment due at 10 am this morning because I figured even if I half - Ö it then I can some points.

And I only actually put about 2 hours worth of work into it.
I did ok eating wise, although I did end up eating so night time snacks yesterday that threw me over my calorie limit. Not good but I just couldnít get satisfied. I guess it happens sometimes.

I was happy Iím back down to 168 this morning, for those of you who donít know after my third trip out of town (in like a month) my weight went up to 174ish. I refused to change my ticker but Iím almost back to that weight.

CookieMonster416
04-21-2008, 10:56 AM
Happy Monday! And it is a good Monday indeed because in Chicago it is FINALLY starting to be nice outside!! I cannot wait until I can actually go to the beach... make all of this working out worth it :)

So I survived my birthday AND Passover seders. I'm feeling pretty good. Next big event isn't until Memorial Weekend, which is kind of nice.

Taylor86
04-21-2008, 10:56 AM
My weekend was kinda hard.

I ate out a lot this weekend and I don't think I even made it to 1,000 calories one day because no one has nutritional facts on their website and I am no good at guessing so I was extra careful.

Yesterday I went off my eating plan and had queso and prime rib sandwich - which then after I went to bed I got up 4 times to re-visit it (No, I didn't make myself puke, it just happened) I think the meal I choose was far too rich and my tummy wasn't use to eating those kind of foods anymore - which is crazy cause I can remember myself eating that before my new life-style and being just fine. I suppose that is just a reminder that my body wants in a meal has changed - so that feels good that I am reprograming my body so to speak.

I know that this week brings a lot of studying which means a lot of time at the kitchen table - which hopefully means I can control my snacking!

Erika79
04-21-2008, 11:11 AM
Happy Monday, everyone! :hug: Hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was gooooood! The weather is NY has been WARM!! (hot! in the 80's for 4 days now) so DH, Alexis and I have been taking LOTS of walk in the park this week. We have a great park here with a big pond/fountain.. ducks.. it's 3 miles if you go around it 5x.. I love this weather.

So, I started a new "plan" last week. Last time I lost my weight (pre marriage/baby) I used weight watchers the first 1/2.. and then "on my own" the 2nd (eating when hungry, stopping when satesfied, watched portions, etc). So, I tried that this time.. but I think I need more "push" in the beginning, more of a plan.. I felt like I was losing a bit slow. So, I started to count calories last Monday for the first time ever.. and I was down 3.4 lbs today, a week later :o Apparently, it works very well for me!! :dizzy: So, I'm down 9.4 pounds in about 4 weeks. I'm wicked pleased with that.

RemeberHowToSmile- So glad things will be settling down a little for you soon! Bet that will be nice. AND, a big congrats on getting your weight back down :D

CookieMonster416- Congrats getting through all the holidays/functions! That always feels nice!
And, I hear you on the weather- for sure. It was SO nice here this week. Pretty funny since we were in winter coats 2 weeks ago with snow on the ground! :dizzy:

Taylor86- Sorry you had a rough weekend :hug: It's definitely amazing how our stomachs can change after we change our life-styles, eh? It can happen in quite a short period, too! My nose has changed :lol: DH and I went into McDonalds last week.. I had extra calories and he wanted a treat.. so I got a small milkshake (I used to get large- eek) and the smell was gross in there. All I smelled was fried ... grease. And that's a huge deal for me, as I'm a fast food addict to the max. But, I haven't had a burger in 4 weeks. So, I guess the smell was just off for me. Funny how those things happen!

RememberHowToSmile
04-21-2008, 01:00 PM
Well my life got more complicated. The documents I have been waiting for for like a month showed up today. Not good because I need to have it turned around in 15 days. Not good at all. I e-mailed my prof about the situtation and am waiting for a reply, I'm kindof hoping he will try and pull strings to get my last exam moved until after it is due but you never know. I wish life could be easy.

Cookie - Good job surviving passover and your birthday! That is really hard. My roommate just offered me some moose they made during passover which she then said had whipping cream, egg yorks, eggs, ect. I politely passed.

Taylor - For the first few months after I had my gallbladder removed I would literally gag ever time I smelt grease, I avoided the cafeteria for weeks.

Erika - Good job losing the weight. That is really good. Also good job getting to the park.

lissa9501
04-21-2008, 03:23 PM
our weekend was dull, we attended a bday party for a kid that we know and i found out my son likes cake and ice cream(oh joy cause his bday is this weekend)
i saw a picture of myself, i still see me heavier but it didnt help that i wore a slightly baggy shirt that went to my hips and a pair of low rise jeans not exactly concealing
so tonight i'm gonna make an effort to look nice and see if i can get dh to take a pic of me dressed up for once

taragettingthin
04-21-2008, 05:15 PM
My weekend... well, my daughter started coughing a lot, which worries me. :( Two of her teachers called in on Friday because they were throwing up and had sinus infection. One of the kids had the same thing and didn't come to the daycare the same day. Other than that... I'm doing okay, I guess. My neck/shoulder muscle is sore for some reason...I've been doing some stretches to make sure that it's not going to get worse.
I cooked up some Korean short ribs with lots of veggies on weekend...and some soup, too. My bf loved it and my daughter loved it, too...but man, all that sodium got to me, I think... :D
Well, I'll be back later.. gotta go outside with my daughter for now.

Remember :carrot: on going back down to 168. I know how trips can be stressful and not really helpful in many ways...but it's great that you are right back on track! =)
Also, speaking of documents... I'm going through divorce right now and my ex is in Colorado. He's the biggest procrastinator ever...When I went to the trial, the judge said that we need Proposed Final Judgment as we agreed on everything. Well, because I cannot afford an attorney, I didn't know this...so I gotta go to one more trial in June. Well, when I called around for attorney, everyoe is charging $500 to write up a Proposed Final Judgment, which I do NOT have. I talked to him and he said he's going to send it when he get paid..well that was for the 15th and I still haven't got it. I have no idea what to do and it seems like I have to go to the trial empty-handed again and not sure how that's going to affect the whole divorce process. I'm just hoping they won't dismiss the case...but sigh... I really really wish life could be easy. :P

Cookie I hear ya about the weather being nice. Here in Detroit area is getting nice, too. I've been taking my daughter to walk this past week every day and she LOVES it... She jumps up and down everytime I say let's go for a walk and she asks for it when she's up from her nap, too. YAY :carrot: on surviving!!
By the way, your Avatar reminded me of something. I went to pick up my daughter today from her grandma's.(she didn't go to daycare bc she didn't feel good this morning)..I got her this one Elmo toy where it has bunch of buttons on it along with Cookie Monster cover thing where it covers a little snack section. Since we were leaving, she said to turn off the toy, so I did. After I tured it off, she lifts up the Cookie Monster cover, which it makes Cookie Monster laughing noise if it was on. Well, then as she's lifting it up, she makes the Cookie Monster laughing noise over and over and over... I literally LMAO! hehe... Oh, she's 2 years old. =)

Taylor I know what you mean about re-visiting the bathroom. When I went on WW first time, I had a Tacobell after not having it for about 1 month or so..and wow, my body did NOT like it, though. I know you will do great with your controlling the snacking!

Erika 80's!! Wow... I think we are getting about high 60's to low 70's and that feels good. I can't imagine how GREAT it would be to have 80's! Wow! 9.4 lbs in 4 weeks! That's great! I am trying to count calories, too, which is little bit difficult for me because I eat Korean food a lot and it's not that easy to get the total calories of each meal, as I'm unable to locate the label many times..or even locate the calories of ingredients on the internet. But this "push" sounds like it's a GREAT way to go!

Lissa Please post the pictures on here when you get it! You lost over 5 dancing carrots and that's A LOT! I'm sure you will look BURNING HOT! =)

JustForUs
04-21-2008, 06:09 PM
:D:D
Hi!! Im just jumping on board, if thats ok... :^:
(lil back ground)
Im cheree, I was on here awhile ago,and left had Marissa, and now Im BACK! I can't wait to get to know everyone because this site helped sooo much before!! :hug:
My weekend, was eventful so to speak. Saturday Makayla (my 3yo) was outside from 10 am till 7pm all while I tried to study and help take care of my 9 month old Marissa. Sunday, I had a baby shower and a first communion. and of course studying again. I DID stay on track, and made it to the gym both days,and our nightly walk with the kids!! WHOOHOOO :carrot::carrot: Now Im back to studynig....:^:

just keep swimming
04-21-2008, 06:20 PM
:welcome2: back, JustForUs! :D

My weekend was fine, kinda boring and not terribly productive, but lovely weather.

It's that TOM for me for the first time since I've started my weight loss journey, and I retain water like CRAZY, so this is a big test for me. Don't freak out about water weight, and don't eat everything in sight. ;) I'm going to challenge myself not to weigh myself until it's over. Starting... NOW.

prepping
04-21-2008, 06:39 PM
I'd like to jump on board too!
Can't resist after all this warm weather talk because I just got off the phone with my father who lives in Alberta, Canada (I'm in Ontario - across the country), and he's saying that there's over a foot of snow that has fallen in the last 24 hrs. I'm enjoying some nice 20 degrees over here (don't know what it is in ferenheit -- it's warm though). Anyone up for taking a visit to Alberta? ;)

Just a little back info, I'm self-employed in the financial sector, studying to get my CFP (Chartered Financial Planner designation), getting married June 2009, saving up for a home, and wanting to lose the last of a lifetime of weight gain. At my heaviest (during university), I was 215 lb. The first 20 pounds melted off in the year after university as I stopped eating junk and didn't drink as much :o. Life in general took off the next 10 pounds over the next 2 years. And now I'm making the last conscious push to get rid of the extra weight forever and reach my ideal 160 by counting calories, a balanced diet, and exercise (Herbal Magic program to be specific).

I've found 3FC to be a great source of motivation so far! :carrot: <-and he's funny.

taragettingthin
04-21-2008, 08:38 PM
I've found 3FC to be a great source of motivation so far! :carrot: <-and he's funny.

I left my computer on and it had what I posted right on the screen. My bf saw it and said HEY THAT'S BANANA'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY DANCE! I told him it's a carrot. hehehe... then he went to Youtube and found the banana one and showed to my DD. She looooooooves it...saying "momma...bamana is jancing..." she's two...so... lol. "Bamana" is her favorite fruit.

CookieMonster416
04-21-2008, 08:41 PM
So I've been writing down everything I eat, and sometimes at the end of the day I'll add up my calories and I'll be a bit low. What do you guys do? Because I could just start eating snacks at night to meet my calorie goal, but as a person trying to lose weight it seems like I should just go to sleep and whatever less calories maybe I'll lose more weight (?) I don't know...

mrsaugie
04-21-2008, 08:58 PM
i haven't taken part in this thread in a very long time i think it is time to get back at it. my weekend was very busy. had a wedding on Sat. and Sun. i was helping my mom with some stuff the went to a friends house to help out there. but even with all of that going on i would call it a success. today would fall into the success category as well despite having the remenants of a headache i still exercised for 30 minutes.

Taylor86
04-21-2008, 08:59 PM
I just need to vent.

Although I have lost some weight and went down sizes I feel unmotivated right now.

I suppose it is the end of the semester and I just want to be done with school - but focusing on weight-loss has been hard and I got myself a cold sore (which is now healing due to tea bags, nail polish remover and abreva) and my brothers wedding is the week before finals.

I haven't made it to the gym since thursday (but I did make my goal last week of three times which I WILL make again this week) and I have stuck to my calorie in-take (give or take) but haven't made meal plans - just counted calories. (And sometimes guessed due to meals out, but stuck to veggie burger with 1/2 the bun and side salads)

I did go off my meal plan yesterday evening for a treat but the meal ended up being too rich and I was up 4 times last night being ill (which triggered a panic attack so I had to tak my xanax) which meant my sleep wasn't that great cause xanax knocks me out but I was unable to sleep because I was sick.

My water in-take has been poor. Very poor. I hardly drink three glasses a day and I know it needs to be more than that so I am filling my water bottle tonight and carrying it with me tomorrow.

I hope seeing my trainer and have a great workout tomorrow will make me feel better- in fact I know it will make me feel better.

I just gotta keep my head up - This too shall pass.

lissa9501
04-21-2008, 09:18 PM
the pic will wait a week when i came home it was kids bath time maybe then i'll throw on some makeup too(i sell mary kay yet went to the meeting with a naked face lol)

artsnsmarts
04-22-2008, 01:34 AM
Taylor -- You'll be surprised how much more water you drink just having the bottle with you. You won't even realize it, but you'll drink more throughout the day, because EVERY time you're just a tiny bit thirsty....it'll be right there and you won't have to think "oh I have to go buy a water" or "oh I need to go to the fountain" and decide it's not worth it; you'll just have it right there! I ALWAYS have my water bottle with me. AT. ALL. TIMES. I feel a little naked without it

My show goes into production Wednesday. As much as I love the performing, I can't wait to be able to get back to my "normal" life of working out, etc. It's REALLY tough to balance a show with school, so I literally haven't been to the gym once in the past few weeks. Makes me feel like poo....but bf says he still thinks I'm losing so we'll see....

RememberHowToSmile
04-22-2008, 11:32 PM
Just thought I would check in my prof calmed me down when I went into my intership today. He let me know that it was managable and deligated some of the things I need to get done. He also sent me an e-mail and made a reference in passing about when I win, which made me feel good (and I'm sure he is excited we have a winning case).

Other then that lots of final studying.

shrinkinglizzy
04-23-2008, 08:32 AM
Good morning all,
I feel like it's been a while since I've checked in on these boards.
BUT, things are still good as far as weight loss!!
I haven't looked at the 1st page of posts in this thread, but I will say that I totally agree with Arts that having a water bottle makes all the difference! But be careful, there is a lot of nasty talk about Nalgenes and the #7 plastic they're made of. I'm still chugging out of my Nalgene, but everyone is yelling at me about it. Argh.

Remember -- good luck with finals! I still can't believe how much weight you've lost, when I look at your ticker. You are awesome!!

Arts -- good luck with the show!

S

taragettingthin
04-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Today... I don't know why. But for some reason, I'm really tired. I did get up early enough to go to the gym and still not late to pick up my DD from the daycare. I'm thinking about throwing veggies and chicken in the SC so I don't have to worry about cooking dinner, either...
Tomorrow is my DD's surgery day for her eye. I'm little bit worried because she's been coughing a lot and hopefully that won't matter for the surgery.
Nothing else is really going on for me... My scale is still the same, which is kinda weird...maybe I will check if it stays the same even with weights. haha...
Well, hope everyone have a great day!

RememberHowToSmile
04-23-2008, 05:22 PM
So look at the scale again today and I'm between 167 and 168 which is great because it seems that I've reved up my matoblism by increasing my calories a bit. I lowered them a bit (1200 to 1300) because I wasn't exercising but maybe it was to low because at 1400 things seem to balance out. I guess even seasoned pros still make mistakes.

Studying is going good, I've got a lot of work done and am starting to feel confident for my first exam.

Lizzie - thanks for the complement and well wishes. I've heard the same news report but I'm still drinking out of mine, no one has yelled at me either. It seems if it is not one thing then it is another.

Tara - I love slow cookers they make life so easy. I hope everything is ok with your daughter.

CookieMonster416
04-23-2008, 05:27 PM
Question: Does anyone ever get uncomfortable when people ask if you've lost weight?

Now I know it might sound weird, but I HATE when in a crowded room at work someone yells "Did you lose weight?" I mean yes I am working my *** off in eating healthy and working out, but I don't need the entire world to know. I usually just shrug it off and say yah maybe a couple of pounds. Going up to me and giving me a complement is 1 thing, but putting me on the spot is another.

Another weird thing I am coming across now that I am pretty close to my goal weight is what now? I've lost the weight and am feeling good, but after focusing so much on what I'm eating and my workout regime where do I go and what do I do now?

taragettingthin
04-23-2008, 08:14 PM
Question: Does anyone ever get uncomfortable when people ask if you've lost weight?

Now I know it might sound weird, but I HATE when in a crowded room at work someone yells "Did you lose weight?" I mean yes I am working my *** off in eating healthy and working out, but I don't need the entire world to know. I usually just shrug it off and say yah maybe a couple of pounds. Going up to me and giving me a complement is 1 thing, but putting me on the spot is another.

Another weird thing I am coming across now that I am pretty close to my goal weight is what now? I've lost the weight and am feeling good, but after focusing so much on what I'm eating and my workout regime where do I go and what do I do now?

I do like it when someone gives me compliments on losing weight and looking better. I haven't had it when someone put me on the spot like that, but I also would feel unfortable. However, I don't like to be put on the spot in general because of my low confidence and self-esteem...which I need to work on.

Also... about the other question... Well, I've never really reached my goal because once I lose some, I get relaxed and stuff... so I can't really give you the advice or anything. But I did hear that maintenance is more important..which IS true, as I wasn't able to maintenance what I lost either. :D
I'm glad you are close to your goal! Congrats! :carrot: Hopefully by end of this year or by this time next year at the latest, I will be there, too! =)

RememberHowToSmile
04-23-2008, 10:13 PM
Cookie - It depends on how the person says it and how well I have known them and what they say. Sometimes I have no problem with it and others I get all awkard. I never deny and I find that it is more people are amazed with how much I've lost. What I find most weird is when people I do not know well ask me how much I've lost ... so I'll tell one of many stories about this ... there is a guy that goes to my law school 6 feet+, former football player, that I've maybe talked to once gets into the elevator with me and ask me how much weight I lost. Can we scream akward!?!

Taylor86
04-23-2008, 10:28 PM
Eating wise it has been alright. Nothing to rave about but nothing to truly b!tch about either. I doubt I have lost anything this week but that's better than a gain.

I had a veggie burger for lunch today and as it was very yummy I came to find out it wasn't very filling. I need my protein to keep the snacking under control and have been kinda snacking a bit more today than usual. I found a stale bag of corn chips I have been picking at and then threw away after coming to my senses. I am not gonna beat myself for some stale chips but I am going to keep in mind that a tuna sandwich keeps the munchies away better than a veggie burger.

My meeting with my trainer kicked butt yesterday. I worked out for an hour and 10 minutes and I am very proud of myself. I see her again tomorrow and WILL make it to the gym on my own this weekend and meet my goal of three times. My water intake has also improved a ton this week!

School is okay - I am beginning to loose all motivation in that area because I only have three weeks left and I can't bring myself to do homework when the beautiful weather is calling my name.

My boy likes to go to the local bar in the afternoons and have a few drinks. I have been having bacardi and diet coke. I know I shouldn't have any drinks but I hate to see him have all the fun. I know if I could cut drinking out it would speed up my weight-loss but I don't think that's something I am willing to do yet. I hate being young and not going out because I am counting calories. I know I can count some drinks into my plan and that's what I have been doing.

just keep swimming
04-23-2008, 10:39 PM
I know if I could cut drinking out it would speed up my weight-loss but I don't think that's something I am willing to do yet. I hate being young and not going out because I am counting calories. I know I can count some drinks into my plan and that's what I have been doing.

That's how I feel, too. I only drink if I can "afford" the calories, and quite frankly, I usually find that I would rather eat. It sucks not being able to go out and not worry about stuff like that, but it also prevents hangovers quite nicely, since I can never really have more than like 2 drinks. :)

RememberHowToSmile
04-23-2008, 10:53 PM
I sometimes drink, I stick to diet mixers like you said you do but also I find that I don't drink a lot of the time when I go out. I just get a diet coke and enjoy the company. However on a side note to show I'm not perfect, I do find that now when I do drink I'm more likely to binge drink then have one drink. So take that for what it is worth.

taragettingthin
04-23-2008, 11:01 PM
I also just get OJ or just drink water and just enjoy hanging out with friends. When I do decide to drink, I have one or two and then just don't really feel like drinking anymore...:P

shrinkinglizzy
04-24-2008, 09:20 AM
Oh, major binge drinker here. I doubt I've ever gone to a bar and just had 1 or 2. OK, that's a lie, of course I have, but much more likely, I'll drink till I drop. Problem? Probably. I definitely drink less since I started WW, which is good. And yeah, it would speed weight loss, but I'm OK with how I'm doing, and if/when things stall, then I'll rethink things. For now, weekends = wine.

targetting -- hope the surgery is ok!! That must be scary. I was really tired yesterday, too. Who knows.

remember -- yeah, that must have been strange in the elevator. I think I tend to be pretty honest, esp with large men, who I feel like can handle it (though I've been wrong in the past), and say, "wow, I'm really surprised you noticed!" put him on the spot instead!

cookie -- i feel like when people notice, first, i get embarrassed, but quickly recover and say, "yeah, i did! i'm working my *** off! you know summer's right around the corner, right??" or some such thing. Then again, I work/study in a HEAVILY female environment, so my assumption is that everyone around me understands food/weight stuff. And on top of that, we're all therapists. So even if they don't understand, they'll "empathize." So I could see being a little less comfortable if I were surrounded by men or less understanding women...

taylor -- oh man i hear ya on the 3 weeks left thing. My prof last night just cancelled the last two classes of the semester, so I'm done except for the papers, and my other class is pretty easy, all my papers are handed in for that one already. So now only the internship, and then I get my life all to myself! It is SO hard to stay focused, though.

--------------------------------------------

So, I'm spending my day cleaning. And tomorrow, and all weekend. Cleaning. My house is a mess, it smells like cat pee, there is my crap everywhere, and i desperately need to sort through all of my clothes and toss the ones I never wear.
Today's plan -- go to the gym, then start cleaning. I think I'll start with the kitchen, then the living room, then the bedroom. Tomorrow I'll tackle the guest room and the dining room. Then, I'll spend Sat and Sun really getting into the organizing and sorting. Selling stuff on Craigslist and whatnot. Also gotta get some grocery shopping done.

OK, off to the gym with me!

taragettingthin
04-24-2008, 02:50 PM
Whew... I'm finally sitting down... We got home about 20 minutes ago from the hospital. We left home at 7 AM and it's almost 3 now.
I think the surgery went okay, my DD is really cranky about because of the anesthesia, which they did warn me. Her eye is bloody and I gotta be careful that she won't be rubbing the eyes.
Since I ended up going to sleep around 1 AM because I worked half day (or half night..lol), I didn't wake up early enough to have a breakfast. After she went with the nurses for the surgery, I was sooo hungry but didn't want to go to the cafeteria. So..I got some honey mustard&onion pretzel..(i know, bad bad but... i was HUNGRY).. The vending machine even "ate" my $$! blah...haha...So I went bad all day other than drinking water. (glad at least I got some fluid in my body).
Well... I'm going to try to be good for the rest of the day..and hope my DD will be in a better mood when she wakes up from her nap.

orthodiva
04-24-2008, 03:59 PM
Tara, I hope your daughter heals up ok.

For the girls who are studying, I'm in the same boat. I can't concentrate. I just got accosted a little while ago by library staff asking me for my id and they made an announcement telling the undergrads to scram (I'm not an undergrad, so I get to stay :D). I guess they must have a real problem at this library with people studying here who should be in other libraries. My last exam EVER (as long as I pass) is tomorrow and my mind is in a million other places. I think I need to head out soon because I am not being productive here anymore.

mrsaugie
04-24-2008, 07:23 PM
alright so today marks 4 days in row that i did my exercising.:D i was also on a roll with water intake 48 ozs so far. again the most i have had in awhile especially since i kinda fell off the wagon Jan thru mid March mostly due to lack of motivation:( any way back at it and doing great this week.

RememberHowToSmile
04-24-2008, 10:30 PM
Wanted to check in. Studying is going well, I’m actually kindof confident about my exam tomorrow I feel like I really know my stuff. I’m going to study with a group after my exam (which means I’m guessing subway for dinner). For some reason I always get nervous when new people are added to my study group, it was me and this guy all last semester now he is dating a girl and her and her friend are going to join us, I’m not sure how it is going to work out because he and I have never been able to study well with anyone else. Others have tried but it just doesn’t work out so we’ll see how tomorrow goes, I have a feeling that we are going to end up breaking into two groups (he and I in one and then the girls).

Good luck to everyone that has finals coming up (Less then a week and another year down!!!)

Tara – I hope everything is ok with your daughter, hang in there, let us know how things go.

Orthodiva – that is interest I’ve never heard of college libraries that kick people out. I go to the undergrad library at another school (I’m a law student) to study because I don’t like the law library at my school and never had a problem. Good luck!!!

Mrsaugie – good job on 4 days in the gym!!!

orthodiva
04-24-2008, 11:25 PM
Remember - This was my first time experiencing people getting kicked out. I was at the med school library which is primarily for med students and medical center staff. It's a very nice, well lit library. I think I went to the undergrad library once and it was dark and dingy so I can see why they'd want to creep over here. I just realized a few days ago that there aren't very many study areas compared to the size of the place which might be why they were being strict. Study groups never worked for me. Especially when random people started getting added to them. Good luck on your test too!

taragettingthin
04-25-2008, 12:35 AM
I finally got to put my DD in her crib. She woke up from her nap, had a little popsicle with pedialyte, and then just wanted to sit with me. Her left eye is bloodyshot red but she hasn't been scratching it so that's good, I guess. It almost made me cry because this morning, she was soo happy that we were going buh-bye...and then now she's all sick and not feeling good. :(
Well, she slept more on me because of anesthesia...and wanted some pancake. We thought it would be okay for her as it's quite dry food. She didn't even finish half of it and didn't want anymore...and then we came back to the recliner. She then went back to sleep, threw up all over me and her, and went back to sleep again..but would not let me to put her to crib. Sigh.. :(
Hopefully she will stay asleep all night.
As far as my food goes, while my DD was sleeping, I had some slow cooked chicken and bunch of veggies from yesterday with about half cup of rice, which was only about 385 calories, and then I had half of personal pizza..
Well, altogether I had about 1,230 calories, which wasn't that bad, I guess. My water intake was very good, though. I had about 3 liters...
Sigh... now I gotta go do some homework that is due tomorrow. Well, I just wanted to check in and let you know how my DD is doing. Thank you for your concerns..

just keep swimming
04-25-2008, 01:10 AM
I hope your DD feels better soon, Tara! :hug:

taragettingthin
04-25-2008, 02:55 AM
Thank you! At least her eye movement will be better once she heals up...so that's what I'm looking forward to. =)
Well, I'm done with homework! yay! Hope everyone have a good night...

HappyMomma05
04-25-2008, 09:14 AM
tara: I'm glad that your dd surgery went well. How old is she? Mine will be 3 May 30th and I can't imagine having to watch her recover from something like that. You must be a really strong mommy.

mrsaugie: Great job on going to the gym 4 days!! That takes a lot of effort.

remember: good luck on the exams! I'm sure you'll do wonderfully!!

Well, now we're almost at the end of week 5 since dh left for training. I'm 4 lbs away from my goal for 5/1. Don't know that I'll make it by the 1st but maybe I can make it by the time he gets home for his leave. He'll be here for a few days and I told everyone I'm only sharing him 1 of those days :wink: we have a lot of catching up to do before he leaves for 6 months or so. Sigh...I really don't know how I'm going to do this. But I know I have to. I was soooo happy this morning when I weighed in at 171! I don't really remember passing up this number with my pregnancy. LOL
I found pictures last week of dh and I on our honeymoon. Dang we we've gained weight. I was really thin. And I thought I could lose some then!! LOL!! I plan to eventually get below my wedding weight of 145, but I'm not sure how long that will take...
Well, off to start my day!

taragettingthin
04-25-2008, 01:26 PM
HappyMomma05: My DD is 2 years old, she will be 3 in December. I didn't want the surgery done but we waited for over a year and the eye movement didn't improve as much as it should have.. Sigh... Well, she seems to be in a better mood today. The nurse from Wake-up Room called this morning and said that we should keep her awake more even if she wants to stay asleep because she will be able to wear out the anesthesia drug faster that way. She's more alert today...so we will see how the day goes.
Also, I'm sure you will be able to make below your wedding weight and I have no doubt about it!
If you need any help or someone to talk to while he's away for training or for deployment, just let me know. (i think i read somewhere when I first joined that your hubby was in the military. if I'm wrong, please correct me.:)) I know how it is, I went through it myself. My ex was in the Army, I moved here while he was being trained in Korea for 3 months, and then he went to Iraq for a year. So I know how it is.. :)
Well also congrats on 171! You will be in the 60's before you know it! Yay!!

taragettingthin
04-25-2008, 01:31 PM
So I woke up this morning feeling really tired...and for some reason, I wanted to weigh myself..although I know I should wait till Monday. Well, I actually lost some weight...-1.6 lbs from Monday! :carrot: I don't know if that's because I've been just running around taking care of my DD yesterday or what, but I'm pretty excited and hope it will at least stay there or go down little more. :D
Well, I'm not going to change the ticker, though, as it wasn't really my official weigh-in. ha! :D
Hope you ladies and gentleman have a great Friday and I am off to see what my little girl is up to.

sexybrokechick
04-25-2008, 06:59 PM
taragettingthin: I hope your daughter heals quickly from the surgery.

a bit of a rant...

I told one of my friends that I wanted to drop 100 lbs (256->156) and she told me that I must be crazy and I didn't need to lose that much. I honestly don't really look like I weigh as much as I weigh, I wear 18 in pants, 16 in jeans and at my weight and height, I should probably be in 22-24
W clothing. When I was in high school, I fluctuated between 160-190 and I was a flabby size 12 at 160 (today's sizes, may be a size 10). I had a nice sized gut and lots of flab all over. This time, I'm working to be fit and to fit into my bmi. After telling her that, she still thinks I'm an idiot. (we're both black and she thinks if I drop 100, I'll lose my butt and tits which to be honest, if I still have curves, I can live with dropping down from a DD to a C and losing some of this butt).

/end rant

I did do 3 days of TBL Cardio Max and Power Scuplt together (T-Th), 3 miles of walking on Sun-Mon, and Cardio Max on Mon. My clothes are becoming looser.

Shopaholic1204
04-25-2008, 07:04 PM
Just stopping by to say Hi :wave: I wish I was more active in this group!!

HappyMomma05
04-26-2008, 09:23 AM
tara: yea, dh is in the national guard. It sucks because the guard only requires the 1 weekend a month and 2 weeks a year, which is fine. Then they up and get deployed and I went from seeing him everyday to none at all. Not like if he was in the full time Army where at least I would be used to being around military type settings. I think. Does it ever get easier? LOL probably not.

sexybrokechick: You're friend needs to get over it. You can be any weight that makes you feel healthy. If that if 156 then so be it! LOL Girl, you can get there. It sounds like you're doing pretty well!!

Yesterday was a pretty hard day. I had another anxiety attack. I really hate them. Because there's no logic to them. Grrr...
I have maintained at 171 though, so I'm stoked! I got to help my mom at work though. That was fun because it kept me out of the house. Today I'm going to the unit to help pack up donations for the soldiers. The kids will be making signs for their dads. I hope it turns out well. It's supposed to rain today. Bleh... This time of year, there is soooo much rain down here. Yuck! Well, ladies, have a great Saturday!!

Arian
04-26-2008, 01:20 PM
Hey everyone! Sorry I've been MIA. I've gone from no jobs to two jobs and only one day off a week >.< Hope everyone is well and I'll play catch up on posts tonight!

sexybrokechick
04-26-2008, 01:32 PM
sexybrokechick: You're friend needs to get over it. You can be any weight that makes you feel healthy. If that if 156 then so be it! LOL Girl, you can get there. It sounds like you're doing pretty well!!

Yesterday was a pretty hard day. I had another anxiety attack. I really hate them. Because there's no logic to them. Grrr...
I have maintained at 171 though, so I'm stoked! I got to help my mom at work though. That was fun because it kept me out of the house. Today I'm going to the unit to help pack up donations for the soldiers. The kids will be making signs for their dads. I hope it turns out well. It's supposed to rain today. Bleh... This time of year, there is soooo much rain down here. Yuck! Well, ladies, have a great Saturday!!

Well, my friend is a large woman (18/20ish, really big boobs) and she's always been big (developed early). She's working on losing weight too but she thinks I want to go too far. I think 156 is perfect.

I used to have anxiety attacks really bad my last two years of college. It may just be stress you know, your husband's in Iraq, you're alone and working and stuff.. that's a lot on your plate.

As for me, I walked 3 miles today after supervising the cooking for the men's breakfast at church. Then I just had huge slice of cake, enough for 2 slices. :( But then, I should be doing TBL Power Sculpt today so it'll be all good. I haven't had cake in 2 weeks so I treated myself to a quarter of a cake (I'm not stupid enough to tempt myself with a half of a cake, let alone a half) from the Amish stall in one of the markets here in Philly. My dad had the other half yesterday so I didn't eat it all by myself. And, I won't have cake again until Mother's Day. :) I also didn't get fries from either McDonald's or Checkers today even though I really was craving some. :carrot::carrot:

Shopaholic1204
04-26-2008, 02:24 PM
tara: yea, dh is in the national guard. It sucks because the guard only requires the 1 weekend a month and 2 weeks a year, which is fine. Then they up and get deployed and I went from seeing him everyday to none at all. Not like if he was in the full time Army where at least I would be used to being around military type settings. I think. Does it ever get easier? LOL probably not.

Dh is in the Navy. They just got back from a deployment last year and are getting ready to go out on another one. They'll be going out on some workup for the summer. It totally sucks, and I'll miss him. But he wont have to deploy again because he's going shore duty sometime this year. I dont think this stuff ever gets easier. A seperation is a seperation and it sucks not matter what.

I suffer from anxiety attacks too. They can usually be brought on by stress. I hate it. I havent had one in awhile though because of my new meds. Last year I was on Zoloft and would have them every single day, several times a day. It was pretty bad.

lissa9501
04-26-2008, 03:32 PM
jump in real quick todyas my lil mans bday and i gotta go get him from his mawmaw while he's upset