100 lb. Club - Accountability/Planning/Menus: April 21-27

GirlyGirlSebas
04-21-2008, 08:32 AM
Do you need accountability? Support? A place to post your menu or your workout plan? Or, do you just need to chat? Please join us on this weightloss journey.

GirlyGirlSebas
04-21-2008, 08:37 AM
Good morning, Friends.

Did everyone enjoy their weekend? I enjoyed Ladie's night on Saturday night, but I had a bit too much salt, sugar and "adult" beverage. I ended up in bed with a migraine all day yesterday. What a waste! Today, its back to work and staying on-plan. I'm hoping to drag Hubby out for a walk today. It's been a while, but my new allergy medication seems to be working well so I have no legitimate excuse. I've changed my official weigh-in day to Friday, so I need to get the exercise to make that scale move back down.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day. I'll check back in again later to get "personal."

scoobie74
04-21-2008, 08:59 AM
Good morning! Saturday, my fiance, son and I spent the day at the zoo. We walked around for 3 hours. Yesterday, I did a 2 mile walk. Today I am planning another 2 mile walk.
I hope you all had a great weekend!

Beverlyjoy
04-21-2008, 09:25 AM
Hi everyone! Sorry I didn't post yesterday...it was a busy day with family in from out of town and a bridal shower to attend. I did very well at the shower and ate very small portions - I feel like I was sucessful in choosing well. I am grateful. However, on Saturday night I did over eat a bit at the cookout.

Here's the plans for today.

appointments
paperwork

the usual - stretches, water, ice/heat, log food, meditation

breakfast - "fried" brown rice with egg whites and mushrooms, watermelon
lunch - hummus and cheese on wrap, brocolli
snack - yogurt and bran buds
dinner - 12 grain pancake,sf syrup, boca "bacon"
snack - cereal, flax, fruit, skim milk

I hope you all have a GREAT day.

Trazey34
04-21-2008, 11:55 AM
Time to get back on the losing track :) I've maintained for about 3 months so it's time to start the DE-CLINE for sure ~ today's plan:

breakie: 1/2 c cottage cheese, piece fruit, kashi bar (except my stash at work was gone :( so no kashi !! )
snack: mooch a granola bar from someone LOL
lunch: left overs - w.w. pasta & tomato sauce (lots of chunky tomats!), apple, cucumber/onion/red pepper salad
dinner: sliced chicken with smidgen teriyaki sauce, some veggie haven't decided yet, and big salad
snack: hot cup of tea & ginger cookie

sigh.....why isn't taking it OFF as much fun as putting it ON? heheheh

mj5
04-21-2008, 02:54 PM
Hi everyone! What a day....my supervisor drove an hour each way to a meeting that was cancelled when we arrived....UGH! What a waste of time, gas, etc! Oh well, at least it was a beautiful morning for a drive!

Rhonda--Oh no, in bed w/ a migraine is no way to spend a day! Hope you feel better! Good for you for getting right back on plan. Hope you were able to get a nice walk in today.

scoobie--Great job!

Beverlyjoy--Sounds like you did really well overall!

Trazey--I know right...and it is SO much harder to take it off than it is to put it on!

This morning the scale was up, but TOM is here so I totally expected it. Most likely I have actually maintained, which is ok.

This am I started w/ a 2 mi watp dvd. This afternoon I am going to the gym--arms/shoulders and cardio.

Dh has to work tonight, so if I feel like it after the gym, I may try a couple other stores looking for workout capris. I found some online, but they were way too much $, so I'm still looking.

I better get going....I'm sure I'll check in later!

mj5
04-21-2008, 03:02 PM
txmomma--Good luck w/ your trip. Take care of yourself. We will miss you!!!! I hope you get back here soon!

darkblue--CONGRATS!! I know, isn't it wonderful how our tastes change....and we actually want the good stuff? It's K2O protein water. I don't have any w/ me right now, so I can't answer about the artificial sweeteners (although I don't thinks so b/c I am pretty sensitive to that icky artificial sweetener taste) or preservatives. I really like it. I have tried SO many kinds of the flavored water-type drinks on the market b/c I drink mostly water and it gets kinda boring after a while. My dh really likes a lot of the different ones, but I hadn't found any that I liked until this one. The fact that it has protein and fiber--makes it even better. It is a little on the expensive side, but like Purple said, the individual mixes make it more less costly. Plus, I will watch for sales. So far my favorite is the lemon twist, which unfortunately only comes pre-mixed, but I am going to try the pink lemonade later.

scoobie74
04-21-2008, 03:26 PM
Tonight, when I get off of work, my fiance and I are going to go out and get a rebounder. I am excited to finally get one!!

jitterfish
04-21-2008, 08:43 PM
Todays plan/done:

breakfast - porridge and yoghurt
snacks - grapes, 2x ww cookies, mandarin
lunch - pumpkin soup, wholemeal roll, apple
dinner - chili and lime chicken breast, green salad, sweet potatoes
exercise - 2km swim and 20min run

mj5
04-21-2008, 09:19 PM
scoobie--what is a rebounder?

jitterfish--Welcome!

Ok, so even though I fought w/ myself (in my head, of course) most of the day about going to the gym or not....I won and went! I even did the majority of my planned workout. I say majorit b/c a few of stations I normally use were being used my several guys working out together and I just didn't feel like waiting for them.

I did find some workout capris, but they were like $25/pair. Too much if you ask me! I just can't see spending a lot of $ on them when I *hope* to need a smaller size by the end of the summer. Oh well, I'll keep looking. I do have a couple pair, they are just looking a little worn.

Hope everyone is having a great night!

Schmoodle
04-21-2008, 09:29 PM
mj, try sears website in the outlet. I was just browsing there and saw some Reebok workout capris for $4.99. Don't know what shipping would be tho.

Darkblue
04-22-2008, 12:56 AM
1280 cal today, as I'm just not hungry.

----------------------------

Scoobie--you are so good at the walking! I really need to do more. What is a rebounder? Is it like a mini-trampoline?

Trazey--welcome back! Maintaining for three months is progress as well!

GirlyGirl--hope your head feels better.

Jitterfish--welcome! That menu sounds suspiciously like a whole-foods plan! Have you seen the Whole Foods section lower down the board? I think it's been a major part of my weight loss so far.

mj5--Thanks for the info! Is this vitamin water an easily-available thing, like I could find it at Wal-Mart? Good luck with finding capris!

cheetara
04-22-2008, 01:10 AM
Hi folks!
B: Several oranges. I lost count... They were sooo good!
L: Container of hummus, red bell pepper sticks
D: FF burritos, milk
S: Cucumber-tomato salad, milk

I do Intuitive Eating, BTW.

math puppy
04-22-2008, 03:05 AM
hey guys, im having a rought time over here. my partner is going through alot of medical stuff, and its really throwing me off my plan with all the stress of it! also stressing makes me binge :(

sigh. well, i actually got myself to check in today, which i couldnt get myself to do for a few days, so "victory!!!"

bad news is i was waaaaaaaaaaay over calorie limit :o
its cause at work they had this bbq thing. i thought it ended at 3 so i went in the break room for my on-plan snack, but it wasnt over. before i new it i was loading up on chips and potato salad! what the heck!! i had these crazy mixed feeling going on as i was walking in to the break room too, i was thinking "i hope theres nothing left". but there was, and i ate it! :(

on the bright side, i worked out for 20 mins today. would have been longer but my partners meds made her dizzy so i drove her home, and she looked so sad when we got home, i stayed and made her dinner to comfort her.

i am working on this plan where i go to bed earlier and wake up early enough to get a work out in the am on the days i start work later. it will start on this thursday. ill let you know how that works out, talk about a challange for me!

sorry no time for personals. but i read all of your entries on this post, honest! missed you all, and welcome new people i havent met yet! goodnight and "i think i can i think i can i think i can!"

Beverlyjoy
04-22-2008, 09:29 AM
Hi chickies - I stayed with my plan yesterday - I am grateful.

For today:

PT today and storytelling this afternoon.

meditation
water
log food
stretches
PMA

breakfast - ff cottage cheese, 1/2 banana, whole grain toast, ICBINBS
snack - carrots
lunch - hummus, lite cheese, wrap, brocolli
snack - yogurt with all bran
dinner - veggie burger with lite cheese on lite bun, green beans
snack - cereal, flax, fruit, milk

Gotta run to PT. Have a GREAT day.

scoobie74
04-22-2008, 09:33 AM
Good morning! A rebounder is a mini-trampoline. It will work great in my living room when the weather is not good outside to take my son for walks. I made it for a 2 mile walk last night. The weather is suppose to be good again today.

mj5
04-22-2008, 10:14 AM
Good Morning! I didn't get up in time to do a watp this am...I stayed up way too late last night. Oh well. Plan for today is the gym--legs/back and cardio. I am going to try to ride the bike a few minutes longer today. I am hesitant to mess w/ the intensity (It's already pretty intense) my knee is feeling pretty good lately and I don't want to mess w/ it!

Schmoodle--THANK YOU! I'll check there in just a sec!

darkblue--Yep, I buy it at walmart.

cheerara--Welcome!

math puppy--I am so glad you checked in. I am very sorry to hear about your partner's medical issues. I hope things turn out well. Ok so, you went way over today. Like you said...you worked out and that is always a good thing! Let us know how the getting up early to work out goes for you. I NEVER in a million years thought I would get out of bed to workout and honestly some days I don't, but I feel SO good when I do. I KNOW you can! ;)

Beverlyjoy--Good for you!

scoobie--Oh...thanks! Have a great walk!

Rhonda--How are you holding up?

Purple--How's the poison ivy?

Have a great, on plan day!

Oh, I almost forgot....my muscles have that 'nice' day after a good workout sore kind-of feeling. I bumped up some other weights, not a lot, but enough to feel it. I think another reason I have been at such a plateau is that I haven't been challenging myself enough. It's almost time to start shopping for a dress to wear to a wedding this summer, so I better get it in gear!!!!

Schmoodle
04-22-2008, 11:09 AM
Hi chicks, I feel like today is Monday, since the weekend and Monday just got away from me. Very busy with work mostly, and all the other kid events that are happening around this time of year! On-plan though, I feel like I am back in my groove and really hoping I can stay there. Here's today:

B: Spinach and goat cheese omelet, coffee with lots of milk
S: Tomato juice, Reduced-fat triscuits with Laughing Cow cheese
L: Salad with goat cheese, pistachios, and dried apricots
S: orange, caramel latte
D: Turkey Picatta over baby spinach
S: Greek yogurt with agave nectar and a few slivered almonds

Have a great day chicks!
Welcome cheerara, and welcome back Trazey!

mj5
04-22-2008, 07:57 PM
So, as happens all too often lately, I got out of work late. I did go to the gym, but only did 20 mins (although intense minutes!) on the bike. It was better than no exercise, but tomorrow will be back on track!

Schmoodle--No, NOT two Mondays!!!

jitterfish
04-22-2008, 10:40 PM
MJ I loooove the after workout next day soreness when you just feel good! Not over sore but you know you've done some work.

Ok well yesterday I stayed on track, ate all I should and nothing I shouldn't, but i didn't get to go for my run because the rain never let up (just as well I got some swimming done).

Today..

B: porridge and yoghurt
L: chicken salad sammich
S: Apple, banana, ww bar
D: Portuguese chicken, rice, carrots and broccoli
E: Swimming

Darkblue
04-22-2008, 11:58 PM
Am stressed out with work issues right now, and didn't get any gym time in. I know I should, but I can't focus on it.

~1540 cal today, ~23g fiber, water. On-plan.

Hope everything's going well for everyone!

math puppy
04-23-2008, 02:05 AM
Today was good! I am in my calorie range, and I had a kungfu work with lots of kicks and take downs that got the heart pumping. (basically I had lie on the floor and jump back up a whole bunch of times. Ack!)
If I don’t binge tonight I will have an on plan day! So im not out of the forest yet, but I bet I can do it. Kk have a good night

Bev-how did your day go?

Mj- weddings are always a good motivator! 20 mins is more then I would have done a year ago. You have the sore muscles going for you ;)

Schmoodle- yay for good grooves! Would you mind sharing a little with me? :D

Jitterfish- wow new Zealand! Its raining lost here in Seattle WA USA :P

Darkblue- stress is yucky yuck! Hope its not throwing you eating plan off track!

cheetara
04-23-2008, 04:34 AM
Well, I consumed too many tortillas in one day and no veg, but at least I was good about paying attention to my hunger level... :dizzy:

B: Grits w/apple, syrup, milk
L: PB toast, apple, milk
S: Fresh tortillas w/jam
D: Tacos

Beverlyjoy
04-23-2008, 08:09 AM
Hi chickies..I stayed with my plan until bedtime - then over ate. Darn it. But, I am back in the saddle today!

storytelling
doctors appointment
office work

meditation
water
stretches
journal
PMA

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, toast, watermelon
lunch - ff cottage cheese and small sweet potato, brocolli
snack - lcarb wrap with cheese,
dinner - turkey italian sausage, pepper & onions, garlic toast

Have a GREAT day!

scoobie74
04-23-2008, 09:33 AM
Good morning! My son and I went for a 2 mile walk last night and then after he went to be bed I used the rebounder for 5 minutes. I never thought that I would feel it, but I did.

GirlyGirlSebas
04-23-2008, 10:02 AM
Hi Friends,

Just another typical day here for me...lots of work. Hubby and I have walked for two evenings in a row. We've decided that it's just getting to warm here to walk at lunch anymore. So, we plan on scheduling dinner a little earlier so we can get an hour of walking finished before youngest DD's bedtime. They are out of school next month, so it will be a bit easier. I do have some extra motivation. Relay for Life is in just a few weeks and I need to be ready to walk....for long lengths of time! I received my T-shirt for the event. I was overly optimistic and ordered a smaller size than usual. It's a little tight around the "tire" area.:( Wonder if I can lose an inch or so before the walk? The scales haven't been smiling on me this week. I have two more days until my official weigh-in day and it looks like I might be recording a gain for the week. I have no one to blame but myself. I've not been logging my food and calories. Today, I'll do better.

Scoobie - The rebounder is excellent exercise for strengthening your bones. I'd love to use one, but it makes my knees hurt. Glad you've found another great way to exercise

Math- I'm sorry to hear that your sweetie has not been well. I hope she gets better quickly.

Darkblue - the gym might actually help you with your work stress. Hang in there.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

Schmoodle
04-23-2008, 10:30 AM
Happy humpday chicks. No exciting news from my corner of the world. We will have gorgeous weather here today, so I will hang some laundry, work, and squeeze in a walk at lunchtime maybe. I have a meeting at the kids' school at 6PM to look over the "family life" unit they'll be giving to DS's class next week, and DD and I have to put in some serious work to get her project done by Friday. Just the usual stuff here!
BTW, I have been on-plan for six days in a row!!!!

Hi jitterfish, don't think I've seen you here before. Welcome to the 100 lb. club!
Hope the "medical stuff" isn't serious mathpuppy. I wish I could figure out how to share, and also how to bottle some mojo for when I really need it in a few weeks! Because, as we all know, we have our ups, and then we have our downs! Did you make it through the night alright?
scoobie, rebounding sounds fun. My mom used to have one of those mini-trampolines, back in the 70's, I think. We kids loved to play on it!
mj, you workout diva, your dedication is always inspiring to me!
darkblue, :hug: hope all is well.
Hi cheetara!
Rhonda, here's hoping the scale will be smiling more than you expect!

My day:
B: Kashi waffle with natural peanut butter, hard boiled egg, and coffee
S: V8, cheese stick
L: Leftover turkey picatta over salad
S: latte and an apple
D: Sirloin Kebabs with peanut dipping sauce, steamed broccoli, soycotash
S: NSA fudgesicle or nonfat Greek yogurt with agave nectar

mj5
04-23-2008, 01:02 PM
Hi everyone! I only have a sec, but wanted to say hi!!!!

No watp this am again..TOM is really kicking my butt again. ICK! Plan for today: if it is raining, I will go to the gym. If it is not raining, I will go home and help dh w/ yardwork. I am doing my rain dance right now!!!! I despise yard work!

Gotta run, I'll check in later!

cheetara
04-23-2008, 03:11 PM
Hi chickies!

Feeling kinda bleh, but I WILL WORK OUT ANYWAY! There, I said it.

B: Mush with apple, syrup, milk
S: Cereal or sumthin
L: Chicken tacos, veg
S: Apple, milk
D: Inside Out Egg Rolls w/chicken, rice

mj5
04-23-2008, 03:40 PM
I'm back...I have lots to do, just don't feel like it.....

jitterfish--I know, isn't that feeling great?! Sounds like you are doing well!

darkblue--I hope the work stress eases up soon!

math puppy--Yea for a good day! I know you can do it tonight! Yea, this is going to be a really fancy wedding and my dh will be in a tux.....I want to get a hot dress!!! Hope your partner is feeling better.

cheetara--Good news is, you recognized it! Yep, you said it...now you have to do it! ;)

Beverlyjoy--Must have been something in the air last night...I totally overate at dinner. I even knew I shouldn't have eaten more and did...then felt uncomfortable. Me, too, back at it today!

scoobie--Sounds great!

Rhonda--I have piles of work sitting on my desk and I just don't feel like getting at it...I really need to, though. Good for you for adjusting things at home so you and dh can go for a walk in the evening. Today is a new day!

Schmoodle--6 days in a row, that's fantastic! Workout diva...you are TOO funny!

Beverlyjoy
04-24-2008, 07:11 AM
Hi folks....I had a good on plan day yesterday :) - I am grateful.

for today:

office work today

meditation
journal food
lots of water
stretching and movement
PMA

breakfast - grits and cheese, watermelon
snack - carrots
lunch - cottage cheese and banana, green beans
snack - wrap with cheese
dinner - turkey italian sausage, peppers and onions, garlic toast
snack - oatmeal, milk, fruit, flax

I hope you all have a GREAT day.

Scoobie - have fun with your rebounder...great exercise. :)

MJ5 - I've been doing the exercise bike at PT - I've been thinking of getting one for home. :)

Cheetara - Welcome!

Math - I hope everything comes out OK with your partner and her health concerns. :hug: So glad to hear that your calories and workout went well! :D

Schmoodle - I am going to try that laughing cow cheese too. Sounds good - LOVE the name. :D SIX days on plan...that's wonderful - you're rockin'.:carrot::carrot:

Jilliefish - Welcome - glad you had such a great day. Good job on getting the swimming in. :D

Dark Blue - I hope your stress at work calms down. :( It's wonderful that you've been able to stay on plan despite. That's wonderful progress!:D

Rhonda - Good job on the walking!! :D Darn the 'frowning' scale. Just carry on!

Shay
04-24-2008, 08:06 AM
Hi, I'm new to this group but I know this will help me.

BF--cottage cheese with fruit,coffee with sf creamer
L--LC meal (don't remember what it is whatever I left at work yesterday)
D--TJ's Mojito salmon with steamed veggies
S--applesauce, fruit cup

Exercise--Jillian's Cardio Kickboxing

Take an hour for lunch even if it kills me!

Schmoodle
04-24-2008, 09:15 AM
Morning chicas, beee-yooo-ti-ful here today.

cheetara, did you work out?
mj, did you get your rain?
Beverlyjoy, Laughing Cow Lite Cheese is soooo good. Shop around, it can be expensive, but I've found the prices to vary a lot at different stores. It's only 30 calories for a wedge.
Hi and welcome likenoother!

Today:
WATP or an outdoors walk at lunch
B: leftover steak, Kashi waffle with peanut butter, coffee with milk
S: V8, soycotash
L: steamed broccoli with peanut sauce, turkey breast
S: latte, hummus with raw veggies
D: Not sure, could do Taco salad or broccoli cheese soup with turkey?
S: Greek yogurt with agave nectar and slivered almonds

scoobie74
04-24-2008, 09:33 AM
Good morning! I went for a mile walk last night and then did the rebounder for 8 minutes. I can really feel it working my legs.

cheetara
04-24-2008, 11:00 AM
No, I didn't...
I was feeling cruddy when I woke up, but I thought it would burn off after a couple of hours - it didn't. My whole body hurts now.

mj5
04-24-2008, 04:51 PM
This am I woke up and my knee was really sore, so I chose not to do a watp dvd this am. Unfortunately, I don't have time for any other exercise today, but maybe my knee could use a rest. Of course, the 'cute' but not good for my knee shoes I wore yesterday did not help! So, no sticker for me today. BUT I am not using the no exercise as an excuse to blow it in all other areas!!!

Plan for tomorrow is watp in the morning then the gym after work.

Beverlyjoy--Good for you! I would love a bike at home, but we don't have any room for it.

likenoother--Welcome!

Schmoodle--It's gorgeous here today too! Even better...it rained a bit, but before it did, dh did ALL the yard work, so I went to the gym!

scoobie--Sounds like you are doing fantastic!

cheetara--Oh no, hope you feel better!

Hi to everyone else!

math puppy
04-24-2008, 10:52 PM
mj -"BUT I am not using the no exercise as an excuse to blow it in all other areas!!!" good for you!

cheetara- i ate too many tortillas too! bleeh!

hey guys! i saw a kungfu movie with my mother in law today ( who also likes kungfu movies) and so im all pumped up for my kung fu work out tonight! i could have easily flaked out, but i really need to make myself work out! i went over calories today (eeek!) but hopfully a good work out will fix that.
part of me wants to go with my partner to the gym and i feel kind of guilty for thinking "shell just go home early before i get a good work out in". and there is this other part of me that wants to be really supportive to her in her time of need... i know there is a balance there somewhere..

what to do? what to do?

well see.

have a good day. see yall tommorow. sorry if i missed you in personals, im trying to spend less time on the computer and more time out there in the world doing stuff.

Shay
04-25-2008, 03:19 AM
Thanks for the welcome Schmoodle & mj5.

Okay I totally did not do alot of what I planned

BF--cottage cheese with fruit,coffee with sf creamer--YES!
L--LC meal (don't remember what it is whatever I left at work yesterday--No...
D--TJ's Mojito salmon with steamed veggies--No...
S--applesauce, fruit cup--No...

Exercise--Jillian's Cardio Kickboxing--No...

Take an hour for lunch even if it kills me!--YES!

L--Grilled chicken classic from McD's with no lettuce or mayo just a tomato
S--dark chocolate

Beverlyjoy
04-25-2008, 08:30 AM
Hi chickies....I had a good on plan day yesterday :) - I am grateful.

Today I need to clean up my office :dizzy: - it's the pits and so messy from going thru things while creating a new program

paperwork
DH and I will go order the new kitchen floor:)
grocery shopping

log food
lots of water
stretches and movement
meditation (I woke up at 3:00 am :(- meditated and fell back to sleep :D )
PMA

breakfast - kashi waffle with peanut butter
snack - carrots
lunch - egg whites and lite cheese, toast, green beans
snack -yogurt, applesauce
dinner - not sure
snack - oatmeal, rasins, flax, milk

Likenoother - welcome!! good job on taking the time off at lunch and having such a healthy yummy breakfast. :) Some times we have to change our food plans during the day - just try to make good choices.

math - glad the movie psyched you for your kung fu class! :D It's hard to figure out what to do sometimes - maybe you can do everyother time with your partner at the gym and switch off with your kung fu class for the next time.

Mj5 - sorry about your sore knee. :hug: Yes, it's good to rest it when it's sore.

Cheetara - feel better soon! :hug:

Scoobie - great job on your rebounder and walk! :D

Schmoodle - good plan!!! :) What's soycotash have in it? (Love the name!)

I hope you all have a GREAT on plan day. Remember to treat yourself as well as you'd treat a good friend. :hug:

scoobie74
04-25-2008, 09:29 AM
Good morning! I went for a 3/4 mile walk last night and 5 minutes on the rebounder. I am hoping to get more in tonight. Don't know if I will make it for a walk, it is cold here today.

mj5
04-25-2008, 09:55 AM
yea, well....unfortunately I ended up over eating last night. I don't even know why. I was still a little hungry, so ok I had more dinner, but I ended up having way too much dinner. Ugh!!!! Ok, today, new day, fresh start!

My knee is a little sore this am, but I was still going to do a watp dvd (or part of one) this am....until I realized that I overslept! I am going to the gym tonight for arms/shoulders and cardio. I have on 'good' shoes so hopefully that will help.

Gotta get to a meeting.

Have a great day!

GirlyGirlSebas
04-25-2008, 10:28 AM
Hi Friends. Happy Friday!

Today was my official weigh-in day...I changed it from Monday to Fridays. The scales didn't smile on me today. :( In addition to my out-of-control eating, I did some tweaking to my hormone therapy and switched from Splenda to agave nectar. However, no excuses. I can't allow myself to continue down this path of no exercise and eating anything and everything. This weekend, I will write down a week by week plan for getting on track and getting this fat off of this poor tired body.

I'll check back in again later today for personals. I have an extra heavy work day today. Fun Friday.:dizzy:

Schmoodle
04-25-2008, 10:37 AM
Ick, just guzzled my breaky a little fast and now I feel sick. Yesterday I went off-plan a bit - I had fixed dinner for the kids but planned something different for me and DH, but I ran out of time, so I just ate a bit of theirs, which had some white pasta in it, which is not okay for me. Calorie-wise, I'm sure I was still okay, but no smilie for me for the day. Here's today:
B: chocolate cheesecake smoothie, tea, 2 scrambled eggs
S: V8, raw carrots with hummus
L: Salad with turkey on it
S: latte and some NSA applesauce
D: South Beach frozen pizza with salad, a glass of wine if I want it
S: Greek yogurt with agave nectar and slivered almonds

cheetara, hope you are feeling better today!
mj, guess we both dropped the ball on dinner. It happens... Sometimes we have to just do the best we can.
beverly, I just picked up the soycutash at Trader Joe's the other day. It's succotash with edamame in place of the limas. It was pretty good, but I think I prefer the edamame in the pod, so I can shell them out and feel like I'm having a fun snack.
likenoother, I'm sure you'll do better today! What's today's plan?
Happy walking today Scoobie!
mathpuppy, that's a toughie! We need to put our health first, but in this case, I understand why you feel you should be supportive. I've got no words of wisdom, but good luck working it out!

Have a great Friday chicks! Woo-hoo, I get my Friday night glass of wine tonight!

mj5
04-25-2008, 04:32 PM
Ok, change in plans for exercise today. It is absolutely gorgeous outside and it is supposed to rain all weekend. So, I am going to go home and take the dogs for a nice long walk. I have been cooped up inside at work all day and want to take advantage of the nice weather while we still have it.

Shay
04-25-2008, 04:43 PM
Hi everyone,
Been busy so just now getting on here. So far I've had:

BF--apple cinnamon oatmeal
L--spinach planko chicken with vanilla yogurt
S--coconut sorbet

So I'm thinking...
D--citrus couscous chicken salad
S--banana, peach applesauce

I hope to get off my behind and exercise at some point today.

beverly joy, schmoodle & mj5--I tend to eat what I am in mood for at the moment so my plan is always changing. My hope is that I make good choices even with the changes. Part of the issue also was I have a ton of food here but didn't want any of it. I went to Whole Foods this morning so I have more options.

math puppy
04-25-2008, 05:32 PM
So I went to the gym with erin yesterday and as I knew, after 30 minutes she couldn’t carry on. Poor girl. She is on crazy medications right now and she is trying to stay/get in shape despite everything. She isn’t comfortable driving far by herself incase she gets a dizzy spell, so I drove her to the gym and skipped out on kung fu. She had a minor surgery today so im leaving her at home with mom at 3 to sneak out for class. Then later we will probably rent movies and get take out and eat ICECREAM!
Actually I better not, but ill serve her some. (her mom bought 3 little pints of icecream over and they are calling my name!) I ate a waaay to big of a lunch.

So, accountability friends, I am going to need some real will power to stay in calorie range today. A good work out and a small dinner will be all I need to make this happen….shouldnt be hard…right?..right??? :crossed:

Likenoother- welcome!

Bevjoy- im glad you are doing so well :D

Mj- I overslept on wed. woke up in a panic, I wonder if that burns calories? Panicking I mean. :lol:

Girlygirlsebas- oh my, I know exactly how you feel! I am feeling a little out of control myself. Good job being a trooper and continuing to check in. that always makes a huge difference for me. Let us know how the plan writing goes!

Schmoodle- wine night! Whoo hoo! :hat:

cheetara
04-25-2008, 06:03 PM
6 lbs down! :carrot:
I still feel exhausted, but at least my eyes stopped watering!

So, yesterday (Yikes! No veggies!):
B: Eggs w/1 tb. butter, FF cheese, PB toast
L: Soup
D: Homemade beans, 2-3 tb real cheese, FF sour cream, salsa

Today:
B: Cereal, apple
L: Teriyaki bowl
D: Chicken tacos, cucumbers and tomatoes w/EVOO

Skinny vibes to everyone! :goodvibes

mj5
04-25-2008, 08:13 PM
Well, no sticker for me again today.....by the time I got home to take the dogs for a walk it was pouring rain. It's my own fault, I should have stuck to my original plan and gone to the gym.

Tomorrow is a new day!

Schmoodle
04-25-2008, 11:15 PM
I know it's sad, but now that I drink so little I can get quite a buzz off just one glass of wine and I really enjoy it. I'm a cheap date these days.

Darkblue
04-25-2008, 11:51 PM
Hello all. Sorry I've been unsocial lately. Work's been stressful and DH was out of town, so I've not had a lot of time.

Wednesday--1450 kcal, water, 18 g fiber
Thursday--1545 kcal, water, 31g fiber

Today
Breakfast--Fiber One cereal, 1C skim milk, hot tea, clementine, low-cal bacon
Lunch--Lean Pocket (whole wheat, turkey, broccoli, cheese), blackberries
Snack--1/4C nuts and raisins
Dinner--turkey breast, sweet potato, green beans, iced tea

1400 kcal, water, 34 g fiber

----------------------------------------

mj5--how's your knee? Tomorrow is a new day, yes! Get to the gym!

Likenoother--welcome!

Schmoodle--I love your avatar. Did you draw it yourself? Great meal plans!

cheetara--six pounds down is great!

Mathpuppy--be strong! Ignore the ice cream!

GirlyGirlSebas--time to get back on plan! You can do it!

mj5
04-26-2008, 10:34 AM
Good Morning! Another day of cleaning here...I will be SO glad when my Spring cleaning is done!

math puppy--How's your partner doing? Were you able to resist the ice cream?

Schmoodle--Same here, very cheap date these days!

cheetara--Yahoo, 6lbs! Hope you are feeling better!

darkblue--Hope things settle down a bit for you. My knee is a bit better, thanks for asking.

I am about to tackle cleaning the dining room...sounds like fun, huh?! I'm really not feeling it, so I am going to try to put on some music to help get me in the mood!

Beverlyjoy
04-26-2008, 11:14 AM
Hi chickies - yesterday I had a good on plan day. :) - I am grateful.

Today is office work. Tonight we are going to a going away party. DH signed me up to bring cake and ice cream. :dizzy: I ordered the cake. However, I am going to bring my favorite healthy green bean dish - so, I can have lots of that. - Just in case there's not much for me to eat. I am determined to make it work. It's just one meal - I will get thru it.

office work

log food
lots of water
exercise and stretches
meditation
PMA

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, pnb toast, water melon
lunch - cottage cheese with banana, crackers, beets
snack - yogurt, crackers
dinner - a party (I am taking green beans) - I'll have to see whats there and choose carefully.
snack - cereal, flax, milk

I hope you all have a GREAT day. ;)

cheetara
04-26-2008, 12:18 PM
I already wish I didn't have the cereal bars... 300 cals down the drain and still not satisfied. Oh well, lesson learned.

S: 2 South Beach Diet cereal bars
B: Eggs w/FF cheese and spinach, sausage, milk
L: Chicken Tacos, cucumbers w/flavored vinegar
D: Spaghetti w/Meat Sauce
S: Misto

mj5
04-26-2008, 05:00 PM
Hi everyone! Phew, dining room is clean! I am taking next weekend off from my spring cleaning project...I hope to get my mani/pedi on saturday. I will call Monday am for an appt. I came across some things I have saved from when my dad died (newspaper clippings, notes from friends, etc)...I knew they were there, it just caught me a little off guard how much it upset me. The good news is, I did NOT use being upset as an excuse to snack all afternoon. I let myself be sad, then kept cleaning.

I am going to put some more laundry in...I am SO glad dh and I get to have a ''lazy day" w/ the dogs tomorrow!!!

Have a great evening!

Shay
04-26-2008, 05:53 PM
Mathpuppy & Darkblue--Thanks for the welcome!

Yesterday
D--citrus couscous chicken salad--No
Instead for dinner--Corn casserole
S--banana, peach applesauce--Yes to the banana only

Today
BF--ww english muffin,egg, provolone cheese, veggie sausage (my homemade sausage egg mcmuffin)
S--banana
S--coconut sorbet

Not sure what else I want to eat yet.

Czarria
04-26-2008, 06:12 PM
If I can make it through this day, anything is possible.
I'm starving. and my TOM is NOT helping. Geez.

I'm aiming for about 1500 calories a day. i'm 6'1" 295 lbs, and a big boned girl..but I'll test this and see how it goes. I was aiming for less than that, but it's about 5 p.m. and I couldn't endure hearing my stomach growl anymore.

Breakfast - 1 1/2 c. special k ( yogurt & fruit) w/1 cup whole milk - 390 cal.

Snack - 1 medium orange, 1 low fat yogurt - 162 cal

Lunch - 2 cups romaine with 3 oz of grilled chicken & tomatos - 340 cal.

Snack - 9 cheese cubes, 3 oz of grilled chicken - 200 cal

Dinner - No clue. But I have about 400 calories left on my allotment hehehe

Water - 64 oz already. 96 oz to go.

Exercise - None, But I worked today and I walk 8 hours a work day with very little standing in between.. Still I know itís not enough.

Darkblue
04-26-2008, 07:51 PM
I think tonight is going to be my off-plan once-in-a-blue-moon night, and just eat what I want. It's birthday time for my DS, and rather than fret about calories, I'm just going to enjoy my dinner at a restaurant and then have a small piece of birthday cake. I've been "good" so far today--cereal, skim milk, fruit, tuna, water. I did some yard work this morning. I will be back on plan tomorrow. :)

math puppy
04-26-2008, 09:57 PM
hello out there. yesterday was not in cal range (rats) i really think its all the stress i am under. but today im still in calorie range, i have 400 c for dinner. but the thing is, we are going out with friends. i think ill ask my partner to split somthing healthy today. im so tuckered out i dont really think im being very helpful around the house. we did yardwork and i cleaned the bathroom and im just so grumpy at this point i want to lay down and take a nap. :(

ill feel better when my friends show up and maybe we can play board games

plan for tonight:
tell partner i cant eat more then 400 cals and NO dessert for me!

mj-sorry bout your dads stuff catching you off gaurd. its okay to be sad, he is your dad. take care friend.

czarria- if your stomach growls you should eat somthing! somthing op or healthy at least

Beverlyjoy
04-27-2008, 06:44 AM
Hi chickies...yesterday I stayed on plan :) - I am grateful.

I went to the party last night and managed to eat healthfully. I am so glad that I brought my green beans because I could eat lots of the beans and bits of the other things - so I stayed with about 500 calories.

Today will be a day of rest and hanging with my DH. My mom is coming over for supper.

Today:

journal food
meditation
lots of water
stretches
PMA

breakfast - kashi waffle, 2t natural pnb, watermelon
snack - carrots
lunch - ff cottage cheese with melon, garlic toast, beets with ff sour cream
snack - yogurt with fiber one cereal
dinner - veggie burger with lite cheese on a lite bun, green beans

I hope you all have a great day! :D

Shay
04-27-2008, 08:26 AM
Good morning everyone,

Czarria--I agree with mathpuppy. If you're hungry eat. Otherwise it will come back to bite ya.

Yesterday
D--mushroom bites

Today
BF--ww english muffin,egg, provolone cheese, veggie sausage (loved it so I had to repeat it) and a cup of orange juice
L--citrus couscous chicken salad
D--not sure yet
S--Rachel's Calm yogurt, banana

cheetara
04-27-2008, 04:10 PM
So, yesterday wasn't so good...
1. I didn't have anything pre-made in the fridge for when I don't feel like cooking
2. I skipped lunch because I didn't feel like cooking
3. Dinner plans changed and I went out for pizza. That wasn't off-program in itself, but I had an extra piece of pizza instead of more salad and felt guilty
4. This all led to a binge afterward. ARGH!

Uh, yeah.

So, today I am actually cooking so that I won't run into this problem again.
B: Toast with hummus and cucumber
S: LF ice cream sandwich, salad
L: Ground Beef Green Bean Casserole, bulgur
D: Tacos, cucumbers

mj5
04-27-2008, 06:08 PM
Hi everyone! I have been battling a migraine all day. I think I am finally coming out of the fog....

Hope you are all having a good day!

Czarria
04-27-2008, 06:09 PM
thanks for the advice. I'm listening, I promise :)

I think it's the cereal. It doesn't matter what kind of cereal i've eaten in my whole life, i'm immediately hungry afterwards. It doesn't stay with me, at all.
So i'm booting the special K to the door....

Any breakfast related suggestions?

Czarria
04-27-2008, 06:30 PM
P.S. Because it's my TOM i'm hungry all the time anyway. I'm trying to retrain my body into realizing actual hunger and not pretend hunger. I'm trying to remember the difference between boredom and actual hunger, so my stomach has been growling a lot lately. But I think I'm finally getting it. :D

B- Special K 1/2 an apple
S- Granola Bar
L- Healthy Choice
S - Tuna Salad
D - ?

I finally got the lesson with food journaling and reading all the labels.
What a wasted amount of calories on mayonnaise. It's not even real food.
Lesson learned, so a victory irregardless.....

Now I just have to get my activity up ,and water intake, up...

cheetara
04-27-2008, 08:08 PM
Eggbeater omelets w/FF cheese and veggies
FF yogurt with fruit and a piece (or two) of high fiber toast

With the exception of plain mini-wheats, I have the same problem with cold cereals... Is oatmeal OK?