UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2002, 07:13 AM   #1  

Angry I'm new! Any one free to orientate me?

I've stumbled on this site whilst trying to find some good low fat recipes. I had no idea it existed! I've been trying to lose weight since being weighed in January and getting the shock of my life. I hope I'm right in thinking I might just have discovered a smashing source of support. If any one can tell me a bit more about the site and how to get the best out of it, I'd be grateful! Kizzie
Old 03-05-2002, 07:18 AM   #2  

Hi

Just post lots thats the basic idea and start threads if you wish and when its back working you can put pics next to your name and upload pics and stuff welcome!
Old 03-05-2002, 07:19 AM   #3  

Thank you, Veggie! I notice people include info on their weight and success so far - should I do the same?
Old 03-05-2002, 07:24 AM   #4  

If you wish your choice entirely!
Old 03-05-2002, 07:28 AM   #5  

Welcome Kizzie

You've come to the right place for support. We have a weekly weigh in thread where people report how they are getting on that week according to the scales. There are also lots of other threads (discussions) going on, we don't limit ourselves to diet talk thank goodness.

This whole website is great but I think the UK section is brilliant.
Old 03-05-2002, 07:52 AM   #6  

Well, I weighed in at 14st 5.5 lbs on 7th January. That was my first night at Weight Watchers. So far it's going ok. I've lost 21lbs, and my next weigh in is tonight. Is 3FC's weigh-in on any particular day?

What other eating plans are folk following? I did Scottish Slimmers 7 years ago - with some sucess - but never kept it off. I really want to do it this time.

I'm really impressed with the site - it's nice to have somewhere to go, if you what I mean.
Old 03-05-2002, 07:54 AM   #7  

**** - I meant to say, I'm glad you don't just talk diets!!
Old 03-05-2002, 09:05 AM   #8  

Congrats on your weight loss so far Kizzie, it sounds as if you are doing really well on WW. We don't have a specific weigh in day, just record it once a week.
Old 03-05-2002, 05:51 PM   #9  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

Talking

Hi Kizzie,

I may be your worst nightmare or an answer to some of your prayers. I am ever ready to give you any info on exercise you might want to do to help you lose weight!

I am an obese aerobics instructor (me and my clients) and I have a masters degree in health and exercise sciences. I also lecture in exercise sciences and am starting up a consultancy for those who want to exercise but don't necessarily want to go to a gym.

Let me know if you want to know anything (that's ANYTHING at all) and I'll get back ASAP.

Oh! Welcome to UKFC, talk about anything you like seems to be the rule. Stef
Old 03-06-2002, 04:15 AM   #10  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Hi Kizzie

Welcome to UKFC - you're right, I think most of us find posting here really useful and we have made some good friends - I think that most of us feel that we are actually going to be able to get rid of the excess fat this time and the support we give each other here has got a lot to do with it. We're a chatty bunch anyway so its always nice to find a new friend.

Feel free to post everywhere and anywhere - we have got a thread called 'Hello, I'm....' which some of us have posted a little bit about ourselves.

I'm the one who does all the applied maths on the Weekly Weigh In thread. Basically the only thing I would ask is that if you decide to join in with our weekly weigh in that you only post your actual weight loss once a week so that I don't add it in more than once. This will make more sense if you pop over and have a look (I have done a link to get you straight there).

Click HERE for the Weekly Weigh In thread

Last edited by Sarah Ann; 03-06-2002 at 04:20 AM.
Old 03-06-2002, 08:15 AM   #11  

Angry

Thank you for making me so welcome! I agree, you can never have to many friends to encourage and support you. I know this sounds terrible but I think there are people I know who would be quite happy for me to fail in my attempts to be slimmer, and who'll actively encourage me to stray. So it's good to have folk who support this kind of job!!

Stef - any advice at all on fitness would be good. The only thing I do just now is walk as much as possible. It's getting easier than before, but I could do with toning up my wobbley bits!!

Sarah Ann - I'm just about to go onto the thread youj mentioned, so thanks for that info.

Having a good day so far, cos I lost another pound in my weigh in last night and also cos I think this site is going to be a BIG help!!

Thanks again to you all
Old 03-06-2002, 12:26 PM   #12  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Kizzie,
I'm Chris, and quite new to this site too, although I have to say I LOVE IT!!! I try and come in most days if only to have a read of everything, the morale support is great. I am with WW also, have been going for five weeks and so far have lost nine pounds, I'm hoping tonight will be at 10lbs so I can get my first ribbon, my great friend here and WW bud goes with me and she got her ribbon two weeks ago, she's already lost over a stone, she is so fantastic, mind you, there's more to come off of me and I don't think I've been as good as her.oops!
Well done on your weight loss so far. Hope to speak to you soon, have a great day.
Chris.
Old 03-07-2002, 03:02 AM   #13  
Consistency + Balance

CHRIS!!!!!! How dare you.... you must know by now that a slow sustained weight loss is much better in the long term that losing it very quickly - so you are really doing MUCH better than your friend!!

That's my excuse for only losing 1 or 2lbs a week - and I'm sticking to it!!!!!!
Old 03-07-2002, 03:13 AM   #14  

i had a very slow start on my diet this time sarah only lost 6 lbs ot something in the first few weeks and then i got stuck but now it is just dropping off , im enjoying it while it is coming off in big bits because i know it will slow down . DH says its my body only now adjusting to the new eating regime and thats why its dropping off, cant expect anything else really when i compare what i did eat before and the way im eating now, although im probably eating more now only more of the right kind of stuff, im feeling better today so think its been 24 hr thing i had so will post weight loss tomorrow if there is one
Old 03-07-2002, 03:23 AM   #15  
Consistency + Balance

LOL - I'm only trying to justify my 1 or 2 pounds a week.... I would really LOVE to lose it quicker, but it just isn't going to happen that way for me this time. Sob!!!!!!! When I was younger I used to regularly diet on 700 to 1000 cals a day and it really used to fall off, but I could never get it to STAY off.

This time it is going to be different.....! (My doctor tells me so!!)
Closed Thread