Old 04-19-2008, 01:20 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 4.5"

Default Winning Points Bank Question

I'm having some trouble keeping on plan with the Flex Plan. I'd like to revert to the Winning Points plan, but for the life of me I can't remember the banking rules. I know my point range, I'm just looking for the info on how many points per day I can bank, how many I can use at one time, and the max banking points for the week.

Can anyone help me out, or link me to the right thread that has this info?

Thank You!
happilyeverafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 02:37 PM   #2  
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da

Height: 5'2"

I Googled and found this about banking points:

"Another way to earn extra points is to bank points, again say you're in the 28-33 point range and each day you only eat 30 points, that means you can bank the remaining 3 points per day, giving you 15 banked points for the week. Thats great if you've got a dinner out or a special occasion to go to. Please note that you can only use 10 banked points at a time. I rarely use my banked points, because I've learned to work special occasions into my day, but its good to know they're there."

I don't think they talk about banking points with the current Weight Watchers plans, but I could be wrong...but, I don't see why you can't do it now if that worked for you in the past. HTH!

Last edited by Cheree; 04-19-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Cheree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 03:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

As I remember the switch, there was really no difference. The daily point targets were about 5 points higher and you could bank points, but couldn't carry them over from week to week, and I believe you were told that you could not bank more than 5 points per day. . 5 X 7 = 35, the number of "flex" points.

Don't be afraid to tweak the plan a bit to suit your needs (as long as your tweaking isn't unhealthy). If 35 flex points aren't enough leeway for you, you could increase your flex points, and drop your daily target accordingly (say if you think you need 14 more flex points, you would drop your daily point target by 2, and you'd then have 49 flex points).

The most important thing would be not to drop your points too low (I think the current healthy guideline book gives you a daily minimum that you probably should stick to).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 04:06 PM   #4  

Thanks for the info. I agree that the Flex system just uses the points in a different manner - for me, I prefer the idea of earning my banked points rather than just starting with a large bundle of flex points. Also, it's just a mental thing that in Winning Points I can eat within my "range" and not see a negative sign on my journal, whereas with Flex I nearly daily have to borrow from the bank because I go a couple of points over my Target. Which I know is the point, but then it "looks" to me like I've overindulged.

Again, thanks for the help!
Old 04-20-2008, 09:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

The newer (but not the newest) version of WW gives you points for exercise, too. I have the sliding scale points finder thingy around here somewhere...
Lafayette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:59 AM   #6  

Yes, I remember earning points for activity. I have WWCalc on my Palm Pilot for that. I think I've got it down now... the thing I couldn't remember was at the beginning of the week - when the week is brand new, there are NO bank points yet. And day 2, the most bank points possible are 5 from day 1. Then days 3-7, the most bank points possible PER DAY to borrow from is 10. Between the info above and WWCalc, I've figured it out! THANKS so much!
Old 04-30-2008, 01:25 AM   #7  
I'm a loser, baby!

S/C/G: 314/198/155

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
As I remember the switch, there was really no difference. The daily point targets were about 5 points higher and you could bank points, but couldn't carry them over from week to week, and I believe you were told that you could not bank more than 5 points per day. . 5 X 7 = 35, the number of "flex" points.

Don't be afraid to tweak the plan a bit to suit your needs (as long as your tweaking isn't unhealthy). If 35 flex points aren't enough leeway for you, you could increase your flex points, and drop your daily target accordingly (say if you think you need 14 more flex points, you would drop your daily point target by 2, and you'd then have 49 flex points).

The most important thing would be not to drop your points too low (I think the current healthy guideline book gives you a daily minimum that you probably should stick to).

I don't do meetings, and I know how the program works, but this sounds like a great idea!
pgray1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:38 AM   #8  
Cowboy Up Chick

Here is what I do with Flex Points. I divide my points at 5 a day and if I use them fine...if not I roll them to the next day. If I use more than 5 I take away evenly from the remaining days.
Kelly_S is offline   Reply With Quote