20-Somethings - So this totally didnt work...

View Full Version : So this totally didnt work...

KateRN
04-19-2008, 01:33 PM
I was thinking back to the last time i lost weight and what i was eating... i wasnt paying attention to what i ate much at all and regularly had taco bell tacos... hhrrmm... (what i left out of that equation was i was not living with an emotional vampire of a boyfriend and ran with my dog i had at the time 3 times a day...)

so for the past few days i decided to try to "not care" what i ate and exercise as i normally would...

and when my daily calorie tally came up.. 2900/day if i eat on my own..
i decided its back to calorie counting for me.... and to continuing to search for the perfect new best friend... and how to kick the boyfriend out...!

SephyFowl
04-19-2008, 01:46 PM
That's awesome you are changing habits that are unhealthy. Props to you. I giggled when I read your emotional vampire of a boyfriend phrase.. It's way easier for me to control my eating when I live by myself. I am recently divorced and found it WAY easier to eat healthier because the exhubs wasn't buying all his chips and junk food and I should have a stronger willpower, but in the beginning of dropping bad habits its just better not to have that stuff around!

Erika79
04-19-2008, 02:02 PM
Definitely kick the boyfriend out if he's no good for you, no one deserves that! :hug: Kudos to you for re-gaining new habits!

Last time I lost weight (before I married/had baby) I lost my first 50 lbs doing weight watchers (on my own) and then lost the last 40 "going with the flow" (eating sensible, stopping when satesfied.. eating when hungry, etc). I tried that this time, but wasn't ready for it.. weight loss was TOO slow for my liking. I started counting calories last week for the first time ever, and I've already shaved off 3 pounds :o Point being, I understand.. and we're in the same boat ;)

SavingServo
04-19-2008, 02:35 PM
Good for you. :hug:

I'm always so jealous of the people who eat 1200 calories a day and feel full. I can eat twice that much and still get hungry. :o I guess that's how I regained 6 pounds. So it's back to calorie counting for me as well. :D