Old 04-18-2008, 10:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/143/120

Height: 5'4

Red face New to LAWL with ??? and HEADACHES!!!

So I am new to the plan. I did the takeoff drink days that resulted in a huge headache that started the first night and got worse. The LAWL rep said it is because my body was "weaning itself from carbs". She suggest I further dilute the water (I was half and halfing it). Hmmmm, I don't drink coffee at all ever so I am not used to caffiene, I am wondering if the drink has caffiene in it? I will never do the takeoff again anyway as I can't stand orange juice and that's exactly what it tasted like to me.

Now I am on day 1 on the plan (I meet tomorrow with the rep for them to tryto talk me into giving up my life saving for the bars). I started the bars late this afternoon and then took some again after supper. As it was the trial box, it was suggested that I cut 4 bars into quarters and try a bit of each.. Well, again I have a head ache...caffiene?

My plan has not yet been coloured or numberized since I am just beginning. So my final question is as ppl go up a level or change colours as I have heard you all discussing on other threads , does that mean they cut down your food or increase it? Other than certain drinks the only thing I can have unlimited is sugar fee jello, you can be sure I'll be stocking up on that.

I think I will start out with the lites though they are almost $21/box here in Canada.
petitelapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 10:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi petitelapin,

Let me first say WELCOME! So glad you chose this plan and this site for support. It's the best decision I've ever made for my health!

I remember having TERRIBLE headaches in the beginning, but they did subside. I think I was having major "withdrawals" from too much salt, sugar, caffiene, junkfood in general.

Regarding the plans, you may switch to a plan with less food when you reach a certain weight (I went from purple to gold @ 180lbs) as your body will need fewer calories.

Even though you're eating healthy foods now, your body is probably still readjusting. I would bet you'll feel great in the next couple of days!

You're sure to get lots more advice from others here on the site.

P.S. The lites are yummy and I lost 75 pounds using them, but don't feel pressured into buying them like I did. I've since learned from others on this site that there are bars (like Luna) that work just as well. Just FYI.

Again, Welcome!

Last edited by LadyZaidi; 04-22-2008 at 09:12 AM.
LadyZaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 10:31 AM   #3  
mom to 4 girls ~Elizabeth

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

congrats on joining in! I got headaches for the first couple days and on and off for a few days after.. I am feeling steady now that I have broke my sugar addiction! WELCOME! I don't think the drink has caffeine or they would have to put that on the label. See ya around
4princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 10:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: S-194/C-182/G-135

Height: 5'3"

Welcome!
I also had a headache the first two days, mild but it was there.

I've had that before when I tried Atkins diet, I felt so sick with that one I just stopped after 3 days. But I agree with the others, I think it is your body adjusting to less sugar.
If you can tough it out for a week see how you feel. Hope it subsides soon.

betty big bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:21 PM   #5  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

I had a headache too! HA!
Welcome! Like Lady Zaidi said it's withdrawls from all the bad food. Believe me it won't be like that forever! Just stick through it and you will feel great!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 02:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/223/160

Height: 5'10"

Hello,
I've been on LAWL about 3 weeks so far, but I haven't been 100% perfect on the plan. Still, I'm down about 7 lbs, so I guess that's good. I really enjoy reading all the posts in this forum, and I just wanted to say HI to everyone. I look forward to "chatting" with everyone as I try to FINALLY lose my weight.
Julie
jas2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:14 PM   #7  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome!! As everybody else said, you could be having sugar withdrawls, but something you may look into if you got the headache only after you ate the bar and drank the juice is a possible soy allergy, or adverse reaction to the soy as both have soy it in them. Everybody is different on the sugar and caffeine withdrawl thing. You actually consume way more than you ever think you do. I had a headache non-stop for 3 days. When I did Low Carb, I quit coffee and sugar cold turkey, I had a headache for a week straight and I wasn't exactly a very nice person. Good luck!!
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/143/120

Height: 5'4

Thanks for your replies. At my meeting on Saturday I mentioned the head ache to the rep and she cut my dairy down from 2 a day to one and gave me extra fruit and veg. Head ache problem solved

I can already see results .Every day when I step on the scale it is a bit less and I don't feel so round

I think it should be easy to stick pretty close to the plan especially when I see results!
petitelapin is offline   Reply With Quote