Weight Loss Support - 300+ And Ready To Try Again... #139

2cute2Bfat
03-05-2002, 02:01 AM
WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts

2cute2Bfat
03-05-2002, 02:37 AM
First let me say how much I miss our picture options. :(
I looked at the announcements and there is a good reason why it has been removed and HOPEFULLY it will be reinstated soon. It can't be too soon for me.

Second... I too have to admit it is HARD to post here when you feel like a fraud. I got off program and I am struggling to get back on. I have not pigged out.... but I am not practicing a losing lifestyle either. :mad:

There is that ever lasting question.... Why????
Why do we continure to eat when we FEEL better eating on program???
Why do we throw away WEEKS or even MONTHS of success for one afternoon of some stupid food item???
Why do we trade in our PRIDE for shame???

My Tuesday Tip is this.....
We are creatures of habit. We MUST CHANGE.
We think it will be DIFFERENT this time.... IT WON'T Be.
We must make a DECISION ... a Commitment ... and stick to it.
And last but not least.....
WE MUST NEVER EVER GIVE UP trying AGAIN.

That is why I will SUCCEED in the end....
I am a PROUD member of 300+ and READY TO TRY AGAIN !!!!

LuckyLadyBug
03-05-2002, 07:51 AM
Taking the lead from 2Cute here is my tip to add to yours:

Who is your most honest friend?
Answer: your mirror.
Your mirror never lies.
Especially if it's a full length one.
The best way to start dieting
Take a long hard look at yourself in your mirror.
Okay, you may look a bit gross in parts, but who cares?:mad:
This is the worst you're going to look. :)
From now on it's only going to get better, right?:?:
When you start dieting, always look the truth straight in the eye.
It gives you great motivation to continue, when things get rough.

Grannie39074
03-05-2002, 09:02 AM
Good morning all

Cute: My elephant may be a male and he does think your cute:lol:

I cooked my meatless meal last night and it went well but DH said he wants meat tonight.

I took some fat free graham crackers and put a glob of fat free whipped topping between them wrapped in foil and put in freezer. They were great DH even like them.:T

I got a research job in the mail yesterday so I have to get busy. It gives me some spending money which is always great. I am going to get my hair done and buy some things for the house.

Well I better get off here and find something to eat.
Lets get down with our bad selfes :jig: :jig: :jig:

Jehari
03-05-2002, 12:39 PM
OH 2Cute!! The WHY of it!! I wish I knew the answer. (If I did I'd be thin....and rich!!) I ask myself why, why, why all the time. I never know the answer.

Well, last night I was brutally attacked by LEMON SQUARES!!! OK,OK! I made them myself. They were sitting in my cabinet and had been calling to me for days. I broke down and whipped them up. I ate a few of them and put the pan in the fridge. Well, once again I battle with the upbringing where you don't dare waste any food. But then something I read on this thread a long time ago popped into my head, and I think it was 2Cute that said it. How much did I pay for the lemon squares??? $2.00. Isn't my sucess worth that $2.00?? I'm going to blow everything away cuz I can't throw away $2.00 worth of junk food??? NO WAY!! BYE-BYE down the garbage disposal!!!!

Well, so far so good today. Did most of my exercise. I was interrupted in the last 5 minutes by the phone, and never finished. Thinking about doing the whole thing again this afternoon though. MOTIVATION!!!! WOW!! Anyhoo, got to go. My 2 year old is potty training and she's gotta go again!!
Jen
:wave:

Grannie39074
03-05-2002, 01:10 PM
Tuesday Tips

10 Essential Health Tips
(The Basics to Practice Every Day)

"He who has health has hope, and he who has hope has everything." -Arabian Proverb

1. Move More
Make it a daily challenge to find ways to move your body. Climb stairs if given a choice between that and escalators or elevators. Walk your dog; chase your kids; toss balls with friends, mow the lawn. Anything that moves your limbs is not only a fitness tool, it's a stress buster. Think 'move' in small increments of time. It doesn't have to be an hour in the gym or a 45-minute aerobic dance class or tai chi or kickboxing. But that's great when you're up to it. Meanwhile, move more. Thought for the day: Cha, Cha, Cha…. Then do it!

2. Cut Fat
Avoid the obvious such as fried foods, burgers and other fatty meats (i.e. pork, bacon, ham, salami, ribs and sausage). Dairy products such as cheese, cottage cheese, milk and cream should be eaten in low fat versions. Nuts and sandwich meats, mayonnaise, margarine, butter and sauces should be eaten in limited amounts. Most are available in lower fat versions such as substitute butter, fat free cheeses and mayonnaise. Thought for the day: Lean, mean, fat-burning machine…. Then be one!

3. Quit Smoking
The jury is definitely in on this verdict. Ever since 1960 when the Surgeon General announced that smoking was harmful to your health, Americans have been reducing their use of tobacco products that kill. Just recently, we've seen a surge in smoking in adolescents and teens. Could it be the Hollywood influence? It seems the stars in every movie of late smoke cigarettes. Beware. Warn your children of the false romance or 'tough guy' stance of Hollywood smokers. Thought for the day: Give up just one cigarette…. the next one.

4. Reduce Stress
Easier said than done, stress busters come in many forms. Some techniques recommended by experts are to think positive thoughts. Spend 30 minutes a day doing something you like. (i.e.,Soak in a hot tub; walk on the beach or in a park; read a good book; visit a friend; play with your dog; listen to soothing music; watch a funny movie. Get a massage, a facial or a haircut. Meditate. Count to ten before losing your temper or getting aggravated. Avoid difficult people when possible. Thought for the day: When seeing red, think pink clouds….then float on them.

5. Protect Yourself from Pollution
If you can't live in a smog-free environment, at least avoid smoke-filled rooms, high traffic areas, breathing in highway fumes and exercising near busy thoroughfares. Exercise outside when the smog rating is low. Exercise indoors in air conditioning when air quality is good. Plant lots of shrubbery in your yard. It's a good pollution and dirt from the street deterrent. Thought for the day: 'Smoke gets in your eyes'…and your mouth, and your nose and your lungs as do pollutants….hum the tune daily.

6. Wear Your Seat Belt
Statistics show that seat belts add to longevity and help alleviate potential injuries in car crashes. Thought for the day: Buckle down and buckle up.

7. Floss Your Teeth
Recent studies make a direct connection between longevity and teeth flossing. Nobody knows exactly why. Perhaps it's because people who floss tend to be more health conscious than people who don't? Thought for the day: Floss and be your body's boss.

8. Avoid Excessive Drinking
While recent studies show a glass of wine or one drink a day (two for men) can help protect against heart disease, more than that can cause other health problems such as liver and kidney disease and cancer. Thought for the day: A jug of wine should last a long time.

9. Keep a Positive Mental Outlook
There's a definitive connection between living well and healthfully and having a cheerful outlook on life. Thought for the day: You can't be unhappy when you're smiling or singing.

10. Choose Your Parents Well
The link between genetics and health is a powerful one. But just because one or both of your parents died young in ill health doesn't mean you cannot counteract the genetic pool handed you. Thought for the day: Follow these basic tips for healthy living and you can better control your own destiny.

:sheep: :sheep:

2cute2Bfat
03-05-2002, 02:18 PM
HI everyone. :wave:

I just had to hop in and share that I am ON PROGRAM today. :D :D :D
I ate my eggs for breakfast and tuna, celery and brocolli for lunch. Two veggies.!!! ;)
I am even drinking more water again.

IT FEELS SOOOOOO GOOD !!!!!!!

Jen... congrats for throwing away those lemon squares. !!!
I wish I could take credit for it .. but I don't think it was me.
But then again... I gab so much who knows what all I have said. :lol:

gotta run..... bye :wave:

katrinabgood
03-05-2002, 06:24 PM
What's new pussycats?

I can't believe I missed a whole day of posting...I was so busy yesterday, I never had the chance...didn't get much chance to sleep either and went on to have an absolutely, completely and utterly HORRIFIC night at work:devil: :?: :mad: :( :eek: :cry:

I spent the day in bed recouping lost sleep time and resting my weary brain and body...slept from 9-5 today! Big chunk of sleep for me, so now I'm rarin' to go! :D

I missed my weigh in today...not too upset about that, because I seem to have fallen into the same slump a lot of us around here have found...having said that, I can't believe that I just blithely threw away almost a whole week of good, on program work for a day or two of haphazard eating!:shrug:

We need a collective kick in the pants to re-energize us and get us back into high gear...Here's what I was thinkin'...

When I belonged to ediets, there was a message board called the "21 day challenge" the idea being that it tales 21 days to form a new habit. You commit to eating within your program, drinking the water and exercising for 21 days. If you slip, you begin again on Day 1. It really was very motivational and really a lot of fun...anyone interested in a challenge? Let me see if I can dig up the rules...

wow! I can't believe I did it without losing my post...must be an omen!

Rules for the 21-Day Challenge

Block 1
1. You must drink a minimum of 64 ounces of water per day.
2. You must eat from your meal plan or stay in your calorie range for every day!
3. If you go over your calorie allotment, (OR cheat!) you must start over.
4. No exercise is required until your second 21-Day Challenge (block#2), but by all means, if you're already exercising please continue!
5. Your 21 days must be CONSECUTIVE days! That is the whole point in forming new habits.
6. Nothing is wrong with having a yummy snack!! Just make sure you plan for it!! It has to be part of your calorie limit for the day!
7. This works on the "honor" system...no one will monitor you...if you "mess-up", you are only cheating yourself by not beginning again! The importance behind this challenge is to have 21 consecutive days of self control!!
8. What do the numbers mean that you see by peoples' names?? They stand for DAY/POUNDS LOST/BLOCK. 1/0/1 is Day 1, 0 pounds lost, Block 1.
9. Once you have finished block #1 (the first 21 days) you will progress to block #2...

Block 2
Same as block 1 + 20 minutes of exercise 5x/week

Block 3
Same as Block 1
+ increase to 30 minutes of exercise 5x/week
+ toning exercise for at least 15 minutes 3x/week
+ must post inches lost

Block 4
ON YOUR OWN... no rules except for the ones you set for yourself... it's time to turn this plan into your plan... you should state your rules and follow them for 21 days... repeat this as many times as necessary until you are at your goal.
Good luck to you as you complete your journey! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! It all starts with a single step... and following with a new one each day!!

What do you think? I'm just trying to shake things up a bit around here...

I'm up for the challenge, ARE YOU?

QueenB
03-05-2002, 10:35 PM
Hey guys! I missed posting yesterday and I missed alot!
It is soooo cold outside today. It has been dowright bleak and dreary. I did go to WI today and lost 1.5 pds. So, that's a total of 24 pds. this month. Not too shabby, huh? I've got a friend that started two weeks after I did and she has lost 5.5 pounds. She is really depressed about the fact that in my first two weeks I had lost 15.5 and she hasn't lost as quickly. I've talked and talked to her and told her that everyone loses differently, plus she does weigh a little less than I do (about 25 pds) and I am starting to slow down now, but she is really down and didn't even stay for the meeting with me. I need the words to say to make her feel better. :(

2cute: So good to have you back. I have missed you so much. And don't dare say that you are a fraud......you have had a lot on your plate lately......and I don't mean food. :rolleyes: You've been dealing with a lot with your Mom and Dad and everyone is human and if anyone knows the answer WHY? I'd like to meet them. Me and about a million other overweight people. I think if we all knew why, we wouldn't do the things we do. :) Oh, and I read your later post, and congrats for being OP today. Doesn't it feel good?!
Luckylady: Thanks so much for your post about the mirror. You are so right. I printed that out and hung it on my fridge.
Grannie: The fat free graham crackers and fat free cool whip sounds awesome! Guess what just went on my grocery list? :T
Jen: Your success with the lemon bars is worth 2.00 and a whole lot more. I've never looked at it that way before. Whoever said it, thank you! Good to see you around here more lately. ;)
Kat: The 21 day challenge sounds awesome and sounds like you are really ready and raring to go! And don't feel bad. I myself, for once in my life, seem to be sticking to something and have had success this month on WW. I am proud to say that I started one month ago today and I have been faithfully OP this whole month. But I have been where you have been and all of us has been and Lord help me.....will probably be there again. But, that's what we are here for and none of us are perfect and it happens. Thanks for the extra motivation!
TT: Hope you are feeling better! We miss you!
Hello to Baylee and Malia and Andria and whoever else I missed.

:) :D :) Boy, do I miss our attachments :(

2cute2Bfat
03-06-2002, 12:33 AM
Hi guys.... I almost made it the whole day on program :^: ... but I am soooo happy with my progress. :p You know me... progress not perfection. Well at least to start off anyways. LOL
I do feel good about my food and water today.

They have added jpeg to add as attachments. That would include photos. They have not added gif yet...which is all I have. :rolleyes:

I am feeling a little better. Still dizzy a lot but overall better.
It kills me to laugh. LOL. If I laugh... I can't breathe. :lol:
I am going to have to work hard to get myself productive again.
I take a nap everyday... but trust me... I NEED IT. LOL

I am going to go drink some more water and clean my bathroom.
Yes... clean my bathroom at midnight.... I have procrastinated on it long enough.

prism
03-06-2002, 04:22 AM
Hi everyone,

Kat, I'm in w/your challenge. I need to cut back on those little nibbles here and there. I'm confident my exercise is in place barring injury (knock on wood). Tomorrow is day#1 of my first block. Does ediet still exist?

Jen, 2cute, and Mary congratulations on being on plan. Knowing what's worth eating is a step in the right direction.

It's late...I need some zzzzz...

Sweet dreams,
Malia

:moo:

Grannie39074
03-06-2002, 07:45 AM
Morning all

I have to go to the nursing home for a meeting today about Mom.

I didn't do good yesterday I ate a 12 in Subway for lunch then went to DAR and ate then ate a hambuger at dinner and a almond joy later.:(

Oh well today is a new day.

2cute2Bfat
03-06-2002, 08:26 AM
It is 7 am and I just wanted to start my day wishing all of you a great day.

I also want to share in case you are like me and have never used Microsoft Word... you can write whatever you want off line as an email. Then send it to yourself. ;)
I copy mine first and then just paste it into our site. But if I forget to copy it.. I just open up my email and there it is. If it is something profound and you want, you can print it too.

I hope everyone has a great day....
I intend to MAKE my day great. :D :D :D

I have changed Weigh in Wednesday today.
I thought of my past... wishy washy wednesday. :nono:
I thought of Workout Wednesday. :eek: LOL :joker:
I settled on "Willing to change Wednesday."!!!!! :D

2cute2Bfat
03-06-2002, 10:41 AM
just bumping to top again.
an old thread got pulled up by mistake and I don't want anyone missing this thread.

SusieH
03-06-2002, 01:01 PM
Hi all,

I finally got a minute to visit. Despite a 1.5 pound gain last Saturday, I have been doing really well. I have stayed OP the last 2 days and have been exercising and drinking my water. Today I wanted to eat Subway for lunch, but pulled out my WW 4 pt SmartOne instead. I also ate a bunch of carrots and some sugar free jello. I am not perfect, but I am trying to be better....

Work is still very stressful. I am trying to leave it at work, but last night I woke up at 2am and couldn't fall back asleep, as I was thinking about work. After I exercised and watched a little TV, I finally fell back asleep around 4am (only to have to wake up at 5:15!).

I am also trying to start making home cooked meals. I am not a cook and don't really want to be, but honestly the frozen/microwaveable meals are way too high in points and just not worth it to me, so I am trying to cook. Yesterday I made pork chops, rice and corn. While not the best choice (it wasn't low points), it was truly better than most microwaveable meals. I want to make up a pot of chilli, but haven't really had the time or energy. I also want to make the meatloaf (4pts), but I can't find the recipe. Anyone have it. It is for the meatloaf in the muffin pans?

I ordered some new clothes and was so happy that they fit! I wasn't sure on the sizes, but everything was good, some even a bit on the big side.

Well, better get back to work. Have a great day.

Jehari
03-06-2002, 03:18 PM
Greetings!!

Well, so far so good for today. :angel: Food has been good and i did my exercise this morning.

Katrina: I've heard of that challenge! Sure. OK. Who else is up for it and when do you want to start??? Could I call today day 1?? And as for the posting DAY/POUNDS LOST/BLOCK, are you supposed to weigh every day??

QueenB: 24 pounds!!! WOW!! That's great!! That's a whole lot. I'd just love :love: to see that this month, but won't hold my breath. Congrats to ya!! :D

Grannie: We all have our bad days, especially when faced with stressful things. Don't be too down on yourself. Like you said, today is a new day. Hope things go OK with your meeting.

Malia: I know what you mean about those nibbles. I started back OP on Saturday, and those little nibbles added up quick and put me over my calorie range in a hurry. Takes a while to gid rid of those munchies. Yesterday and today have been very good for me.

2Cute: Hurray for you for another day OP!! Progress, not perfection- it's a phrase I have to keep in mind. Those first few days back OP were tough and I kept going over my calories. But I had to say to myself that I couldn't change overnight, and even though I went over my calories, it was still a lot less calories than I had been eating, plus I did my exercise. You can't get overly discouraged about little mess ups.

Susie: Congrats on another OP day! I'm doing just the opposite as far as the home cooking. That's all I used to do, but since my DH shipped out, I've been eating microwave Smart Ones every night. Without him here, it just doesn't seem worth it to cook. Plus it's a lot easier for me to track my calories that way.
And hurray for you on the new clothes!! Doesn't that feel great! I remeber the first time I tried something on and could say it was to loose instead of too tight. Fantastic!! :D

Well, I think that's about it for now. Talk at ya all later,
Jen

katrinabgood
03-06-2002, 07:39 PM
Hey all!

Quick post for me...I have to take my daughter to work in a few minutes...I can't wait (kind of!) til she's driving! ;)

Well, I'm up for the challenge, thought today would be "Day 1" but the PMS carb monster got a hold of me this morning and I was helpless in it's power! :devil: Damn waffles! I did manage to redeem myself with a good power walk this afternoon, and two BIG hills to climb, but I think tomorrow will be better to start clean and fresh! I don't have a scale at home, and I really don't like the idea of weighing in daily anyway, so I think once a week is good, what do you guys think? We can tweak this to suit our needs. I'm definitely in need of some structure and as I recall, having to "start over" really was a good motivator to stay on track. When I was following ediets, I did lose about sixteen lbs, an awesome amount given my latest dismal attempts...

Uh oh times up...gotta run!

See you all later... :wave:

QueenB
03-06-2002, 08:27 PM
Hey guys! Just experimenting a little. If I did this right, it should be a picture of me. The hair is a little different now, but none the less, you get the idea!

katrinabgood
03-06-2002, 08:34 PM
Queenie, You're so cute!! If I can get my dh or daughter to show me how, I'll try to send a picture (some day) Guess I'd better dig up a decent one! :lol: Why don't we ALL post pics? (If you're not as computer illiterate as I am!)

PS...by the way, how DO you do it?

2cute2Bfat
03-06-2002, 10:39 PM
QueenB... you are 2cute2Btrue !!!!! What a beautiful woman you are.
That is soooo neat that you posted your photo. I can't wait until you post your before and after pics side by side. :cool: You don't have to be at goal to do that. Just your progress pics will be great. I am soooo excited.

Kat... don't wish your daughter to grow up to fast... they really do it fast enough on their own. Is this your first to drive??? Yes the convience is great... but the worry is greater. :rolleyes:

Jen... I have only progress again today. Food good all day... then hubby suggested a :nono: after dinner and I did not even resist. :^: But... I am still headed in the right direction and improving.

Susie... I am sorry to hear that work is stressing you so much. Try to keep everything in perspective. Don't expect perfection. Doing a good job is good enough.
Doesn't subway have 6 point sandwiches.. or is that 6 fat grams?? Just how many points are in subway low fat sandwiches???

I am giong to go babysit early Thursday morning. :D
Depending on weather and what I get accomplished tonight I may leave from there and drive back to Missouri to see my parents. If I do that... I won't be back till Saturday.
I may decided to just drive there for the day on Friday. ???
Can't decide. I hate making decisions. LOL

Well ladies... I am out of here. Hope you all have a great Thursday.
Thankful Thursday... Hmmmm
I am embarrassed to say.... I don't feel very thankful today. :o
I dread facing my dad... I feel like I have deserted him in his time of need.
I dread facing my mom... she has sooo many problems and I have no answers for her.
I dread facing reality.
Noticed how self centered I am. I dread, I dread , I dread.
Thankful Thursday.... Thankful I get to hold my grandbaby tomorrow. Both of them. :D :D
Thankful that although it is uncomfortable to visit my parents... I do get to see them again.
Thankful that I can share with you here. I am an expert in denial and I learn how to face reality thru all of you.
Thankful that I have this computer.

Thanks again for listening to me go on. I know it is not uplifting ... but just know that all of you are helping me. Thanks

prism
03-07-2002, 01:51 AM
Hi everyone,

QueenB, you're beautiful. Is it easy to attach a picture? I sure miss my gifs.

Day one of block 1. I did it, I did it. No chocolate. I followed my RS foodmover and was on plan today. I exercised after work to Sweatin to the Oldies III. It was a great work out. Afterwards, I cleaned my car inside and out. I'll be taking it in tomorrow for oil change/service.

2cute, be strong for your parents. This has to be one of the hardest parts of life. To have your mind stay the same, but you're body is falling behind. If I have one regret, it would be not spending more time with my dad. I was afraid of bothering him and felt awkward. What a waste, he was really sharp too. I miss his wit and humor. Gee, it took me a week to do my taxes without him.

I need to get a good night's rest. See ya tomorrow.
Malia

:moo:

Arabella
03-07-2002, 06:05 AM
Hi All,

Yup, I'm a lurker... I love the 21-day challenge idea, and I am going to start a separate thread for it, so that people can just report in on how the challenge is going -- I feel like the details get lost in the shuffle in a general thread. If any of you would like to post there, it would be terrific!

Thanks for the idea, Katrina -- hope you don't mind me grabbing it! :D

xo
babette

LuckyLadyBug
03-07-2002, 07:47 AM
I haven't been able to get in here :mad: and I missed you all. I only a few minutes this morning so I will have to re-read all the posts tonight. I may be here a lot this weekend they are predicting a snow storm !!!!!

This morning on the news I heard that 80% of American's are over weight. 80%, that seems amazing to me. They contribute the rise in this, was 58%, to stress in our lives. Okay, so that's the bad news. I am thankful I have all of you and am working on this issue. This study also found that one of the best things to do if you are over weight is to have protein as part of your breakfast.

Anyway, will write more soon. (I hope this site lets me in! :devil: )

QueenB
03-07-2002, 09:23 AM
If this works, this is a picture of me and DH at our heaviest. It's not too hard to attach pictures, it just depends on the kind of scanner you have. I had to play with mine for about 2 hours yesterday. It would really be neat though if we all could send a picture. Anyway, here goes...............:dizzy:

2cute2Bfat
03-07-2002, 09:24 AM
Good morning all.
Just dropped in to see who was here and decided to just say hello and now I am out the door to go hug on my granddaughters. I am taking a camera today. :) I havent gotten many pics of the new baby since I have either been sick or in Missouri since she has been born.

Have a great day.
I had a healthy breakfast and intend to continue with healthy meals all day. :D

QueenB
03-07-2002, 09:47 AM
DH has lost a little too. This is a more recent picture of him.

QueenB
03-07-2002, 09:53 AM
Can you tell I miss our attachments?! :lol: Just one more. This is a more recent picture of me. I hope you are all having a great day. I got off at 7:00....came home and got the kids ready to go and came back home----walked a mile in the living room and have been sitting here since, but I promise, after this....no more.

(Well, maybe):^:

Jehari
03-07-2002, 11:15 AM
Mornin' ladies!!

Yesterday was a successful day. Food good, lots of water, and exercise. :angel: Right now I'm just waiting for my toddler to finish watching her video so I can pop my aerobics tape in the VCR.

Malia: Yay for you on day 1! :D I've had three great days in a row now, but I don't think I'll start with the challenge until tomorrow when I weigh in so I have a starting weight. Which brings me to...

Katrina: I'm with you about weighing only once a week. Obsessive weighing has always been one of my downfalls, and I've sworn to weigh only once a week on Fridays.

Babette: I think that posting the results on another thread probably would be easier. What are you calling the thread??

Lucky: HOLY MOLY!! 80%!! Yikes! Amazing how with that many fat people that we can feel so alone sometimes. Last report I heard years ago was like 50 or 60%. But true enough, I see a lot more overweight people wherever I go than skinny people (except teenagers). So shouldn't we all just fit right in??? I don't get it.

QueenB: I love :love: the pics!! Go ahead and post all ya want. It's nice to be able to see the face of someone your talking to, and it's VERY motivating to see progress pictures. If I can find a recent picture of me, I'll post some later. I usually do my best to dodge the cameras. I told my husband that if I died or something, the kids would never know what I looked like cuz there's hardly any pictures of me!! I hope someday soon I will proudly pose for the camera.

2Cute: Post some pics of that baby for us!!!

Anyhoo, I'll pop in later. It's my turn at the VCR!! :lol:
Jen

Arabella
03-07-2002, 01:04 PM
Hi All,

Jehari, to keep things simple (it's nice that SOME things can be :rolleyes: ), I'm just calling the other thread "The 21-Day Challenge." Hope to see you there!

xo
babette

katrinabgood
03-07-2002, 03:57 PM
Hey gang...

OK, I'm officially on day 1, feeling confident! Here we go...I will post about that over on the other thread, thanks babette!

Queenb, aren't you just the little poser! The pictures are great, dh is cute too...did I see a little gleam in his eye? ;)

Malia, atta girl! Good job, Day 1 under your belt! I love the feeling of being able to say, exercsie-DONE, water-Done, food-DONE...like that feeling of being in control! Keep it up!

Baylee...sometimes we just have those days! Don't dwell on it just move on...if anything, you may have given the ol' metabolism a little jolt, giving it some work to do, burning off those cals!

Jen, glad you've taken the challenge! The more the merrier! You're good, I would have called today Day 4 for me, with all those good days in a row! I love at the end of the day crossing another day off my calendar!

Susie, hang in there, kid...it's hard to stay on program when the job stresses you out , but you're doing just that! You're so much better off with home cooked food...there are LOTS of easy, healthy things you can make for yourself...and you are worth it!

2cute, way to go woman for sticking to your plan! The one thing about us is, we ARE resilient, we just keep picking ourselves up and getting back in the saddle! Take care of yourself, and give those babies lots of kisses and hugs! XXOO

Grannie, where are you today! Painting again?

Thinthinker, hope you're feeling better, haven't seen you in a few days!

Lucky, Have you been to DisneyWorld? We were there in November and I swear that 80% of the people THERE were obese...I am not just talking about 'overweight' either, I mean MORBIDLY OBESE! I don't know why I noticed it there so much, I guess the fact that you have people from all over the country in one place, gives you a cross section of Americans (There were people there from all over the world, but it was NOT the non-Americans who were so fat!) :ink:

If you take the time to notice the kinds of foods that are marketed towards us (especially kids), it's easy to see why Americans are so fat...soda, sugary, nasty cereals, candy, highly processed foods, full of salt and fat...JUNK, JUNK, and more JUNK...and we fall for it... I must say, I'm really not a junk food eater, I do eat "good" foods, IT'S JUST THAT I EAT TOO DAMN MUCH OF THEM!! :lol:

OK, I've spent much more time tapping these keys than I needed to...gotta go find something to wear to our "Dancing Class" tonight! "Swing and Hustle" I told dh to go find his White suit with the black shirt (a la John Travolta...stayin alive, stayin alive!) I'm sure I'll have some stories to tell later...

Have a great day all!

(I'm so glad I thought to "copy" this post before I submitted...I had "too many smilies,"one for each of you, so here's one BIG smile for all...:D)

Grannie39074
03-07-2002, 05:15 PM
Here I am. :)

I have a research job so I had to go into the state archives. A friend from the genealogical society went with me and had lunch.

I bought some morningstar farms crumbles. I am going to try to sneak them in on DH and son.
I will try to find a photo. I haven't had any made lately.

2cute2Bfat
03-07-2002, 06:13 PM
Hi all.
This is getting long so I am going to start a new thread and then come back here and read and look at all the pictures.
I feel like it is Xmas morning... I LOVE pictures.!!!!!

DO NOT POST HERE....

iNSTEAD go to the ongoing new thread...#140

See you all there. :wave: