View Full Version : Friday On the Beach

ladybugnessa
04-18-2008, 05:49 AM
NO WAY I'm starting The Friday thread?

where are the earlybirds???

off to get ready for work

cottagebythesea
04-18-2008, 05:50 AM
:sunny: Plenty of sunshine headed our way today, it's going to be in the 80s! :)

Today will be interesting, the girls have off school and are going in different directions. Maggie is going to a playdate and Audrey has a birthday party to go to. I'll be rounding them up around 3 to take them to their grandparents', where they'll be spending the night. I'm not sure where I'll be all day. :dizzy:

Survivor fans, what did you think of last night's episode? :D Cirie was right, it was the perfect opportunity to vote Ozzie off. He certainly wasn't expecting that!

cottagebythesea
04-18-2008, 05:53 AM
You beat me to it by a minute, Nessa! :lol: Good Morning!

ladybugnessa
04-18-2008, 05:57 AM
Good Morning.... MY FIRST TIME! wow....

i don't want to go to work... off to shower and weigh.... I FEEL LIGHT TODAY

i got up wrapped brians legs (after putting on his cream) and now i gotta go to work...

bri's legs are going to be ok in about 6 weeks with wraps and massage for the fluid... the itching... LOL my husband has a yeast infection... there is a god... I told him "imagine what that feels like INSIDE.....

so no kids for you tonite Cottage??

cottagebythesea
04-18-2008, 06:20 AM
so no kids for you tonite Cottage??

Audrey and Maggie are my little sweethearts that I'm a nanny to. My own kids are both married and out on their own, so Jake and I are empty-nesters. :)
Your poor DH!

CyndiM
04-18-2008, 06:43 AM
:coffee2: Good morning Chicks.

Nessa - Glad to hear things are looking up for Brian. What a relief!

Cottage - It's warm here too, though not that warm. Hope your plans include enjoying the sunshine :)

Ruth - the hummingbirds are coming. Look here: www.hummingbirds.net/map.html

It's my weekend already. Yesterday I put in for Fridays in May too. I love having three day weekends. Of course it will be really hard when I run out of days but for now I'm enjoying it ;)

I have my to-do list ready to go - planting, cleaning, laundry and as much outdoor exercise as I can fit in. I'm loving exercising outdoors - walking and cycling. It's a very nice change from the treadmill and tv!

I hope to get to the ocean tomorrow. If everything goes well at the vet (and we assume it will) we are going to get out early tomorrow and head for the coast. I love the ocean!

Have a good day.

Ruthxxx
04-18-2008, 07:08 AM
Slept in until 6:15 this morning and it felt really good. I think I am hard-wired to sleep for seven hours! Hershey was waiting at the door with her legs crossed.

CyndiM, thanks for the hummer map. I have a note to put out my feeder next week in case the little flying jewels show up early. Usually they show by Mother's Day.

Nessa, isn't it a thrill to start the daily? :rofl: Hope Brian's leg heals fast. I had a little giggle over a guy with a yeast infection.

Cottage, I'm wishing you another great Mary Poppins day!

Sunshine and 77-80º in the forecast for today and the weekend. That means a good turn-out for the Syrup Festival unless everyone stays home to rake their lawns. By the way, I have no trouble avoiding pancakes, syrup and sausages at the event. If you spend two days at a hot grill cooking the darn things, they lose their appeal. Since I can't stand for very long this year, I'll be working on another project during the festival: we are registering children with the Ontario Police just "in case". I'm the official grandmother presence, complete with rocking chair, cookies and story books.

I plan to take it easy today but may clean off the patio if the rest of the snow is gone. If it gets really hot, Hershey will be wanting her wading pool out there!

Have a great TGIF!

ladybugnessa
04-18-2008, 07:35 AM
I'm at work! got here at 7 so i will do at least one hour over maybe 2 to make up for yesterday! eveyr little bit helps.

scale said 221... twice. even. WOW! 19 clean days under my belt....

do this plan the way it's intended and IT WORKS....

May 1st will be TWO YEARS ON THE BEACH and tomorrow is my 2 year anniversary of having my gall bladder out!

wow.

Schmoodle
04-18-2008, 08:08 AM
good morning chicks, and TGIF!!!
Work today as usual, then I'm supposed to meet a friend for some shopping this afternoon, but I may cancel because I don't want to get stuck in traffic and be late for my grandmother's birthday party tonight. She is turning 93 years young! I forgot to buy laundry detergent last week, so my laundry mountain has been growing all week, and I want to get started on that today too. It's a nice day so I can line-dry. We should be sunny and in the 80's today!

Nessa, you ARE the early bird today! And you are evil, enjoying DH's yeast infection! :D Hopefully no kids for me tonight. I always try and pawn them off on the grandparents on Friday nights. Happy anniversaries and :carrot: on the weight - now go change your signature!
Cyndi, according to your report, they are arriving here NOW! I will keep an eye out. We used to have lots of hummingbirds around our deck at our old house, and I loved to watch them.
Ruth, hooray for the good weather! Enjoy your grandmotherly duties. When I cook pancakes for the kids I don't have any trouble staying away from them either.

Re: Survivor, I looooved last night's episode. I never thought I would be rooting for Ozzy to be voted off, but I was so glad to see him go. I hate it when a player starts thinking they've got everything wrapped up. And you'd think by now they'd realize that's the quickest way to a ticket home. I loved seeing Amanda's reaction (sh*t, there goes my ride to the end of the game!) It also bugged me how he was with Eliza last week. I thought she was playing a good game and was sorry to see her go. I don't know why everybody dislikes her, but she sure must be annoying around camp when the cameras aren't rolling. It was stupid of Jason to trust them, but I still would have been really mad if they'd double-crossed him.
At this point I don't know how I want it to turn out. Cirie sometimes bugs me, but she's got an amazing social game. I DO know I DON'T want Parvati to win...

GONNABE165
04-18-2008, 08:50 AM
:carrot: It's Friday! and I feel great and I look great. Got on the scale this morning for my weekly weigh in and after 5 weeks being at the same # the scale moved :D - I lost 2.2lbs. Still not back to my weight before my world crashed in Sept/Oct but I'm getting closer. I looked in the mirror this morning and boy can I see a difference - Finally!

Nessa congratulation to you for stick with your plan - your right it does work when you have a plan & stick with it. Hope your dh is better soon

Have a great day Cottage & Ruth

Schmoodle 93 years young - thats awesome

Cyndi enjoy your long weekend

Today I am having lunch with dh and of course it's friday family night and dinner will be at chilis (my grandfathers choice) Tomorrow I am thinking of spending the day with my grandmother at the mall & lunch and then me, dh, a friend of ours & her date will be going to the Martina McBride concert. Sunday will be just as busy with church, grocery shopping & dh's softball game - I do plan on trying to check in over the weekend but seems sometimes the time just gets away from me.

Have a great day!

Hello to those not yet here.

Pacergal29
04-18-2008, 09:00 AM
Nothing like starting your morning yoga with an earthquake! I am up at 5 every morning and was about half way through my yoga when my windows began to shake. My first thought was wow it wasn't windy when I took the dog out! Then the rattle got worse and I looked over to one of my tables and everything on it was shaking. My second thought was that is some train going through! Breifly the thought of earthquake crossed my mind but I quickly shook it off only to find out later is was a 5.2 centered about 70 miles from us! Not too often we feel that sort of thing here in Indiana!

Survivor was almost as earth moving as also! I was cheering so loud! It is about time these people (and I mean on any reality show) actually follow through with a game changing plan!

Hope all you ladies have a great day, I have to get my behind in gear, it is yet another busy day!

ladybugnessa
04-18-2008, 09:03 AM
Gonnabe congrats on 2.2 gone!

GONNABE165
04-18-2008, 09:06 AM
Stephanie glad to know your safe - did you have any damage

Thanks Nessa it was tough being stuck for 5 eeks but I kicked butt and made that crumy scale move.

Pacergal29
04-18-2008, 09:15 AM
No damage here, it truly did shake the house like I have never felt before. I remember the one we had back in 1987 but I was in Michigan at the time and didn't feel it nearly like this one. There are times when 70 miles seems like it is far away but when it is the center of an earthquake it is pretty small. Especially when you take into consideration it was felt clear up into Wisconsin and as far south as Tennessee! Hey just an exciting start to my morning!

The news coverage here is almost funny as it has been nonstop since it happened.

femmecreole
04-18-2008, 09:19 AM
I'm late checking in this morning...had a rush for a client I had to finish before I left for school. First class coming in in just a minute...

So, a friend is coming over to sit out on the patio and party this afternoon. Husband asked me to pick up some beer on the way home. I'm not nuts about beer and the calories are out, so I was thinking...I wonder how good Crystal Light and Malibu rum (http://www.malibu-rum.com/nutrition.asp) tastes? Pretty sure the rum is a no-no, but I'll just consider it my "cheat" for the month.

I did a little cheat last night. My husband wanted brownies, so I ate a little while we were watching Survivor last night. Tasted great...going down...then it hit my stomach and I was so nauseated that the brownie came back up again. I know, TMI, but it amazed me that one little brownie could make me so sick. I haven't had one in a year.

pamatga
04-18-2008, 09:24 AM
Well, I am glad that this day has finally arrived! We will officially be moved out as of tomorrow afternoon. Last night, when I was over in our new place, I sat down on the edge of the bathtub and before I knew it I was legs up in the air and looking at the bathroom ceiling. I banged up my back, side and elbow. I wish they wouldn't decide to polish ceramic so it "dazzles" you! It happened so fast that I was stunned. I laid there for a few minutes trying to figure out what happened.

It has been a long three weeks for me. I did not take any time off and I have been helping my DH move our smaller stuff every day for the past three weeks. Tomorrow, some men from church come to help move the "big stuff". I have been putting it all away as we bring it over so, at least, once it is done, I can flop on the sofa and not move for (hopefully) quite a while!

Hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend!:hug:

hmacneil6
04-18-2008, 09:29 AM
Good morning and Happy Friday, Ladies!!!!
Nessa - Good job getting us going....I hope Brian's leg gets better soon.

Cottage & Schmoodle - Survivor was fantastic. First off, I laughed out loud when James knocked the water down. That was TOO FUNNY (after he had been teasing the girls). Secondly, I cannot believe that the final two were out there 6 1/2 hours!! That's INSANE. And lastly, Ozzy is so stupid. To think that they wouldn't take out the biggest threat in the game when they had the chance. And boy was he bitter in his outted interview. Great episode. OH....and LOVED Erick at the reward. Again, too funny!

Ruth - How fun that you get to be the grandmother to all the kiddies today. That's awesome. Thank you for helping the children in your area. What a cool thing to do!

Gonnabe - Congrats on the weight loss. Keep it up!

Stephanie - WOW! An earthquake in Indiana.....How's everyone handling it? In California they're kinda a "normal" thing, but Indiana.....WOW! And 5.2 isn't necessarily tiny. Hope your Friday is better than it's morning.

So glad today is Friday. Tonight I go to Bunko at Church. I'm planning on staying away from the dessert table. And definitely bringing gum. I find that if I have gum in my mouth I'm less tempted to eat what I'm not supposed to. I hope you all have great weekends!
Enjoy!

femmecreole
04-18-2008, 09:31 AM
Wow, Pacer, I know the "earth moves" when you are having fun, but that takes it to an all new level. (Glad you are ok!!!)

hmacneil6
04-18-2008, 09:32 AM
Cat - you must have posted when I was posting. Malibu Rum & Crystal light are really yummy together. I particularly like the pineapple-orange mixed with the rum. YUM!

Pamatga - Thanks for the giggle this morning. I'm sure you weren't laughing when it happened, but the visual is quite funny. Enjoy the move this weekend. Hopefully it won't be too hot.

GONNABE165
04-18-2008, 09:39 AM
Cat I'm not sure abouth the crystal light & rum but I like diet coke or grapefruit juice with mine - enjoy your evening

Pam good luck with the move - hope your scratches & scrape heal

hm enjoy bunko - I too do the gum trick

Kim_Star060404
04-18-2008, 09:39 AM
Good morning, all! First and foremost, I want to thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers as DH went through his procedure yesterday. He was very nervous, but all the nurses were very kind and made it so easy on him. The doctor did biopsy some areas, but definitely didn't think that there was anything life-threatening or that contained cancer going on. We're feeling so blessed and relieved right now! Again, thanks for your support - now, on to personals!!

Nessa: Thanks for starting us up this morning. :D Congrats on the great weigh-in this morning. You're doing great! 19 days of clean-eating sounds almost impossible. We're very proud of you.

Cottage: I hope you have a nice evening with Jake!

Cyndi: I hope all goes well at the vet so you can head to the coast! We miss the coast a lot - that's why we're so excited about Myrtle Beach this June. Enjoy your Friday off.

Ruth: I love the thought of Hershey splashing around in her wading pool. Our dogs hate the water - weird being that one is a lab mix. Enjoy being "grandma" at the festival. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Schmoodle: 93 years young?! Congrats to your grandmother! I bet her party will be a blast. Good luck tackling Mt. Laundry. I've got a little of that going on here as well.

Gonna: WOW! I thought I had a busy weekend planned! Sounds like a lot of fun for you and the family!

Stephanie: Goodness! I'm glad you're safe. How intense and scary! Was the epicenter a populated area? I'll have to do some googling after this.

Cat: Hmmm. I'm not sure how Crystal Light and Malibu will taste. You'll have to let us know! My mom and I love Malibu Rum and pineapple juice. I usually serve it with frozen fruit as "ice cubes". Hope you enjoy your time on the porch! :D

Me: Well, I'm not off to a great start this morning. I woke up wheezing and hacking, so have already called in sick to work. I'm not sure what it is, but there was some terrible wind last night, so it may have blown some dust in. It could also be stress. Oh well, I just did a breathing treatment and things seem to be better, so I'll just relax the day away.

Tonight my sisters arrive and tomorrow DH leaves for his friends' house in another town nearby. Should be a fun weekend for all of us. I didn't get the house as clean as I'd have liked, but it's family and they'll understand after the week we've had.

Well, off to the couch to see what's on tv. I may put a dvd in and nap a little. We'll see.

~Kim

GONNABE165
04-18-2008, 09:44 AM
Kim glad to hear things are looking up for your dh - I will continue to keep praying for you guys. I hope your not coming down with a bug - get plenty of rest and do try and enjoy your weekend with your family

JessieW
04-18-2008, 09:51 AM
We got the earthquake a little bit here in Nashville. DH and I woke up because our bedroom door was shaking up and down. It did this for about a minute. We had no idea what was going on although I suspected earthquake. He finally went downstairs at 5:30 (earthquake was 4:30 our time) and found out what had happened. I hope everyone in Evansville is OK. I have a friend who lives there...about 2 months after she moved there a tornado took out her neighborhood and a lot of her house. So I hope there was no destruction for her this time at least.

Cat, I love diet coke and Malibu...when I am not preggo, of course. I think it would be good with anything. ;)

It's going to be a LONG day. I have work all day, volunteering, and then DH and I are going to a concert (maybe with friends) that's supposed to be 7-10. Probably the first time I've tried to do all day like this since I've been pregnant. We shall see how it goes! I expect I'll sleep in pretty late tomorrow!

femmecreole
04-18-2008, 09:54 AM
Kim, you just gave me a great idea. I have some frozen strawberries in the freezer. Perfecto!! I'll have something pretty! (all I need now is little paper umbrellas!)

zeffryn
04-18-2008, 12:00 PM
gonnabe, congrats on the scale!

Stephanie, wow! Earthquake in Indiana. I did a double take when I saw your location. It isn't too often that you see Earthquakes there. My mom is in Minneapolis, I am going to try and figure out if she felt it at all.

Cat, isn't that crazy? I've noticed the same thing. Things that weren't so sweet to me before are now too sweet. I cheated a little as well yesterday, just a little. Hubs and I were running around town and we were both a little hungry. We stopped at the local health food store and got smoothies. I got a berry one without turbinado or honey. Just soy milk and berries. It was really good, but sweet!

Pamatga, ugh. Moving sucks. :) You had to move out of your apartment (I'm assuming it's an apartment) because they were renovating? Do you have to move back in after they finish? We had thought about moving into a place down the street....but I wasn't willing to move all of our stuff just down the street for just a year or so. :) Good luck with the rest of the move. After you're done, rent a few movies and veg out for the rest of the weekend. You deserve it!

Kim, Thank God your husband came out of his procedure with nothing to be alarmed about. You and your family will continue to be in our thoughts.

Today, hubs is working until about 2, and then he's headed over to a friend's house to help lay some flooring. It's stormy here, so it doesn't look like we'll get to the park or the pool. Probably for the best, I have some housework to do before the weekend. DS has been a terror to this poor place the past few days. Last night he got into the crayons and drew all over my kitchen appliances. Thank heavens for magic erasers! I was too tired last night to pick up the toy tornado, so that is on my list as well.

I think we're having one of our single friends over tonight. I try to feed him a decent meal at least once a week, because all he does is eat fast food. :) We'll probably see what is on as far as movies go, until I go to bed and then he and hubs will have an all night gaming fest. *eyeroll*

weezle
04-18-2008, 12:43 PM
HOLY CRAP. Morning girls! The last two days have been insane. Let me start with yesterday:

Stumbled out of bed and into the bathroom, flipped on the light, rubbed my eyes as I sat down to pee, and something fell off the sink onto the floor and I saw it roll under the little one's step stool. I moved the stool wondering what it was, and a MOUSE ran out from under it and behind the garbage can. :censored: was yelled by me (wasn't expecting him to be in there) and then Tommy came running. Said he'd get him, but I wanted him to catch him and set him free, not squish him or anything.

So he goes in the bathroom with sweatpants and tennis shoes on, with a Pampered Chef bowl. Shuts the door and I heard WHAM!!! :censored: WHAM! "Oh my God he JUMPED on me! He's a NINJA!" WHAM! :censored: After a few minutes of this, I guess Jerry (we already had Tom so the mouse's name must've been Jerry) got under the cabinet and into the wall. Didn't see him the rest of the day.

Until last night. Finished our movie, and just like in the cartoons, I swear I heard the little high-pitched "deedleedleedleedlee" as I watched Jerry cross the other side of the living room by the wall. "There he is!!!!" I yelled (better than the curse word I had in the morning) and Jerry ran under the front closet door. Tommy had gotten little traps that kill them quickly and there was peanut butter in them, so he put one on each side of the door. But Jerry was too smart. Sniffed them and ran around them numerous times.

To make a long story longer, we'll just say what my dad told me when I was a child. Jerry "packed his bags and left." Via vaccuum. I felt bad because he really was a cute little mouse, but he was too fast to catch. Apparently he went to Ninja School. Had to squish him between a large book and the wall to get him into the vaccuum. Awful FOOMP sound. Horrible thing. No signs of mice though, no poop or chewed up stuff, and no other little guys running around. I think it was a fluke thing.

So then, we finally went to bed around midnight after all the excitement, and I woke up at 4:37 to BOOM!!!!! rumble rumble rattle. Tommy said "What was that? Sounded like a gunshot!" and I thought it might've been my large upstairs neighbors falling down, or maybe thunder or something, but it felt like it was in our bedroom. It stopped, so we went to sleep.

Then on CNN this morning they had a lady from Springfield on the phone talking about the earthquake. Ohhhhh. Made sense then. And we had another one about 10:25 or so. Glad to hear the Indiana girls are ok. We're ok too, just is really weird. Glad it was the Wabash fault and not the New Madrid, because that's the big boy that's gonna flatten half the midwest when it goes off. Hopefully I'll be living in Florida by then, retired from the travel business.

Lady at the bank heard me talking about travel with the bank manager today and wants me to come to her retirement home to do a presentation to all the elderly people there. Sweet old lady, just so happy for me and Tommy and our travel business. I hadn't thought to hit up the retirement homes, so that was a really good idea. She took a card for her friends and one for her daughter too.

So that's my last two days. Too much excitement for me. I hope we don't rattle anymore. I think my brain is gonna be scrambled. Hope everyone else is safe and having a wonderful day!!!!

Lisa

Schmoodle
04-18-2008, 01:48 PM
Jeepers, it's Friday afternoon, Batman, and that means it's almost the bat-weekend!

Glad those of you that got shook up, didn't get shaken too hard!
And glad all you Survivor fans enjoyed the shakeup as much as I did - now things should get pretty interesting, 4 fans, 4 faves, let the games begin!

Gonna, hooray on the 2.2 lbs! Stay strong today, show that scale who's boss, and have a great weekend!
Cat enjoy your frozen fruity drink. Awesome way to start the weekend! I am allowed to have a glass of wine tonight, forgot to ask if there will be any at the party, tho. Grandma is partial to vodka. :D
pamatga, happy moving day (that's an oxymoron if there ever was one), and watch out for that tub!
hmacneil, have fun "bunking", whatever that is!
Kim, enjoy a relaxing, stress-free day. Your sisters won't care about the house silly! so glad you guys are getting good news...
Jessie, try not to sleep through the concert!
Have a fun evening zeff.
Hi weezle. We get a mouse in this old place on occasion. When we do, I give the cats a good talking-to, because there's no excuse for that, in my opinion. One of them must have been listening, because I actually found HALF a mouse in the bathroom this morning. Of course I made DH remove it.

GONNABE165
04-18-2008, 02:09 PM
Afternoon everyone! I am feeling so weak & sluggish again today like my sugar is low - somethings gotta give with this feeling

Lisa sounds like you have had a very eventful two days. Glad your getting some business for the travel co

little chick
04-18-2008, 03:14 PM
Hey Chickies... a quickie again today. We too had no school today but I ended up with a light load of kids. Had to take dd into town this morning to buy underware for under her costume then over for a dance practice. Then home to do lunch then clean up then I had to get 9 costumes ready and 8 pairs of dance shoes, and all the little things that go with it, pins, bobby pins, eye lashes, glue, etc. All packed and ready for the show tonight. I am just waiting for the rest of the kids to get picked up and then it is off to the show. The week end it packed up with cleaning, cooking and baking plus packing for tuesday. Well gotta to dash and get supper for everyone we leave in an hour. Chow chicks have a great day.... hope to pop in over the weekend. LC

hmacneil6
04-18-2008, 03:27 PM
Schmoodle - Bunko is a really easy dice game that you play with a group of 12 or more. It's a lot of fun, and a no-brainer. Really it's just an excuse to get out of the house.

zeffryn
04-18-2008, 03:42 PM
Anybody else tried the frozen SBD meals? I had the chicken caprese today....it was pretty good. Definitely higher quality than most frozen meals. It came with broccoli as well, but DS ate it before I could get to it. He's a fiend for broccoli.

I'm feeling rather sluggish too. Maybe it's the weather, maybe I'm a little dehydrated. I was running around this morning and didn't bring a water bottle with me.....and I wasn't about to drink from DS's sippy. ick.

GONNABE165
04-18-2008, 03:54 PM
Zeffryn I have had a few of the south beach frozen dinners as thats what dh & I eat on Tiesdays since it's bowling night and we are already crunched for time - they are way better for me than the food at the bowling cafe