WW Clubs and Groups - Feisty & Sexy 50-60 Year Olds #111

flaggies
04-18-2008, 12:39 AM
Here is the new thread all:)

Nice to have some new people joining us, I am sure you will enjoy our little group of 'feisty & sexy (:dizzy:) 50 to 60 year olds';););)

I am not too sure if any of us are still 50:D we should change it to Feisty & Sexy 60-70 Year Olds.

Sixty is the new 40!!!!!

Cheers
MAria

Trudy
04-18-2008, 02:24 PM
I have a jean skirt, and it hits me just above the ankle... should I have it shortened to calf length? Not sure where these hem lines are anymore. Now, this is a VERY IMPORTANT question... I will be waiting for opinions.

I will check back later..:dizzy:

flaggies
04-18-2008, 06:27 PM
G'day all,

It is an improtant question Trudy....I tend to wear my skirts more calf length these days but wear it how it feels comfortable.
You have a little fashion guru living not too far from you ;), try on the skirt and ask Slavika what might look best.

Hope to finally finish my American book this weekend, I should do it.

Have a great weekend all,

Cheers,
Maria

beach bum
04-19-2008, 01:10 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Thanks :thanks:Marie for starting us up for the new week.I was so excited that my DH wanted to go for walk with me this morning. We went along the beach route.What a gorgeous day for being out doors. The birds are singing and the temps are in the 70's.

Trudy-Sorry:sorry:I have no idea what to tell you as I ware slacks all the time very wear dress or skirts anymore.
=============================================
Menu[18.5]need to add 3.5 to hit my target of 22.

b-PB & jelly on 2 mini rice cakes,soy milk[5]
d-L/c steak tips dijon,green beans,salad with dress[5]
sn-ww yogurt[1]
supper-tuna burger,2 slice HF bread broccoli & berries[5.5]
des-popcorn & lemonade[2]

I sure I'll find 3 points some where by the time the day ends.

==============================================

Have a great afternoon

Hugs :) BB

Lizziepie
04-20-2008, 06:32 PM
Hi all:
Just got to read all the posts I have missed since being busy with the Fifties Party at our clubhouse. It was a success, and everyone enjoyed the meal and the entertainment. We served 144 dinners. A typical Fifties menu of Meat Loaf, Mashed potatoes, Brown gravy, Corn, cabbage salad with pineapple , rolls and chocolate cake. I discovered by going on line what the favorite fifties food was. And I guess it certainly was true, since people were very happy with the dinner.

Now, welcome to our board, you new gals. I'm happy to think that 60 is the new forty. I'm hanging on there sort of by my thumbs I guess. So maybe I am in the 'new fifties'. :D: You can figure that puzzle out:lol:

Happy Birthday, a bit late, Glenda. It sounds like you had a lovely day.

Trudy: I agree with Maria - wear your hemline where ever you feel comfortable. You see women with all length hems. And even trying on clothing the hemlines seem to be varied. I have a couple of dresses that now are so long that I need to shorten them My problem is that I like the dresses, and they are old, and I have shrunk in height since I first got them. I bought a new skirt and it is about mid calf. I had a hard time finding a dress that I could really like, since some of the new styles seem wierd to me. Is that because I am 'old'? :D:

Maria: Not long before your trip. How long a flight is it for you to go to Maylasia? I have very little concept of distances in your part of the world.

Karen: Your remodeling sounds very nice. I know what you mean about having difficulty doing projects together. Because of course we gals know how to do it, :D: and of course the guys can't buy that at all. Then the war begins. I am glad that you two started a new precedent. Are you finding any difference since you are having the B12 in your energy level? Sure hope so.

Congrats to all you gals on the losing streak. Keep up the good work.

Ann

flaggies
04-20-2008, 09:07 PM
G'day all,

Yet another beautiful sunny day here BUT NO RAIN:mad::mad:

You must all think I go on a bit about the lack of rain but it is a real problem for us. My lawn has died because we are not allowed to water, my plants are just hanging in there, I cannot imagine how the farmers must be feeling. So much rain on the east of our country but little in the middle where we are.:dizzy:

Ann it is an 8 1/2 hour flight to Malaysia, NOTHING is closeby to us;):dunno:I leave here at 2 pm and arrive at 9pm which seems OK but coming back I leave Malaysia at 9.50pm and arrive the next morning home at 6.45am.
I am not quite sure of the time difference, I have a clock on my desk with Malaysian time so I don't have to try and figure it out when I call Alan.

I am off to travel to where the quilters group ( I am doing the website for) meet every week. It is about a 2 hour drive and I will stay the night with a friend before meeting everyone tomorrow and photograph the quilts.

Have a great day all,

Cheers
Maria

beach bum
04-21-2008, 12:48 PM

Feeling great this week,being that the sun is shining and then temps are going up to walk along the windy beach.

I have a question about strawberries, the fresh ones are 1 pt for a 1 c and 0 pts for 1 1/2 c fresh frozen strawberries . Whats the difference?:dunno: I was puzzled checking my food companion and than on the official WW site both say the same.

My menu=17.5[need 3.5 pts more]
b-lite cream cheese,tomato & pepper slice on mini bagel,soy milk[6]

d-Swedish meatballs,with mashed potatoes,and green beans[5]

sn-1c fruit cocktail[2]

supper-Canadian bacon on 2 slice of WW bread,lettuce, tomatoes w) Bal V[3]

des-salsa on 2 mini rice cake,WW yogurt[1.5]

=================================

MARIE-We had enough rain,happy that the sun is shinning again.Sorry about your drought.It must be the dry season your experiencing.We have dry lawn also but its not mother naturing doing,it our management that doesn't take care of it.

ANN-Thats sound like a delicious comfy menu that you had for the fifty party.
Glad that your party was a success.Thanks for the congrats, Its seems easier this time around,joining WW and staying for the meeting than it did years ago.

Have a great afternoon

survivor
04-22-2008, 05:45 PM
My goodness, welcome to all the new people. Lifedieter, your name could do for every one of us. We are all Life dieters, aren't we?

Maria, I read that Australia's severe drought and the US's use of land for biofuels has made food prices so high that many people in some nations are rioting because they are hungry. Isn't that sad? And we are all "dieting."
I bet Alan is looking forward to your arrival.

Ann, your food sounds great no matter what decade we live in. Meatloaf is Leon's favorite meal.

Trudy, I think your hemline is a personal thing. I am so short and dumpy that with long skirts I don't look like I have any legs, just little wheels. I like my skirts showing some leg, at least "some". But you should have your DD look too. She will give you a "young" view.

Karen, if Leon and I worked together, we would not have been married 45 years. He is so meticulous that he drives me crazy. He is slow and I am fast and impulsive. I have seen him just stare at a wall of screws at Lowe's for minutes, or what seems like hours. We are such opposites.

Well, we are getting a new roof sometime soon. At least it is in the process. Our whole addition looks like roofing companies are staking out their claims. There are roofing signs in each yard. We got our car back yesterday. It was totaled but we bought it back. poor thing! It is quite pock-marked, but very serviceable. We thought about going with just one car until I remembered what it was like when Leon had early overtime. I am too old to take him at 6 and then go back home and get ready. So, we kept the pock-marked car.

Hope everyone is fine. I like that, Maria, 60 is the new 50. Anyone keeping up with "Dancing with the Stars" this year? I can't get "into" it like last year. Oh well.
Glenda

Lizziepie
04-22-2008, 10:43 PM
I've been keeping up with Dancing With the Stars, and was sorry that Marlee matlin was voted off tonight. But I think that it is amazing that she went as far as she did, being profoundly deaf. I think that Christie (olympic champ) has got to be the winner. She is outstanding, and her figure skating experience just has to make a difference for her. I think the others are trying very hard, but I don't think that there are the quality of dancers that have been on the show in previous years.

Planted a few more flowers last night so now my garden is complete. If we would just have some rain. Now I have to water them. At least we are able to water. It must be hard Maria to see your lawn and flowers dying for lack of water.

Off to bed now. Ann

flaggies
04-22-2008, 11:48 PM
G'day all,

BB seems a little strange about the strawberries, I thought they would all be same:dizzy:

Glenda it does seem obscene with countries like USA, Canada Australia to have so much and so many people going hungry:(

The Olympic torch arrived in Australia today, everyone is expecting demonstrations..

Yesterday I went to take photos of the quilts the ladies have done for the quilt website I am doing http://www.fleurieuquilters.org/
I still have a little slideshow on the homepage of quilts that I photographed in Amish country, soon I will put the master pieces of this group on-line. Unbelievable how beautiful some of the quilts are.

I got a really bad cold and hardly any voice, this morning I rang my daughter and she thought I was a man:D:D She had a good laugh when she realised it was me!

Cheers
Maria

suz
04-23-2008, 07:28 AM
Morning Ladies
Maria I may be the only one but I am 55 maybe we should go with fiesty & sexy seniors!!!!

the weather has been beautiful here sunny, warm so we have spent most of the last 5 days outside working in the garden We have the areas ready for our raspberries and grapes I have planted lettuce, onions snow peas and sugar snap peas We still need to replant some of our plants that we started

Ann we are about 20 miles away from one of the areas that are flooding the river thaty runs through the town is way up and some of the people who by the river have water in there yards there is a hotel along the river and they had to put sandbags to try and kepp the water out of the forst floor of the hotel

Hope everyone else is doing well BB congrats on the weight loss
Suz :carrot:

beach bum
04-23-2008, 10:17 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Another sunny:sunny: morning,hope to take a stroll,along the buy thoroughfare today,Leo wants to stay home. Later on I have choir practice.Found a exercising DVD that I bought from Prevention that I had stuck in the back of the VCR,Called Get Moving!! with Chris Freytag.What a workout.She has several exercise routines on this one DVD,one for every day of the week. Going to used it tonight,did to burn some calories as I get W-I tomorrow.

Marie-I'm going to ask my leader at tomorrow's meeting,as I like fresh strawberries but they don't keep as long as the fresh frozen :brr:ones that Dole packs. Well post what she tells me.

Suz-I hope I will able to lose again,as I'm really watched what I ate along with portions. Well see, cross:crossed: your fingers for me.

Have a great morning

Trudy
04-23-2008, 03:44 PM
It was nice to read so many posts. Everyone seems to be doing good.
Glenda I did talk to my DD and she thinks I definitely have to shorten the skirt. Actually, I have had it for ages, she was in University when I bought it...:dizzy: I don't get rid of clothes quickly :lol: I remember driving her to the bus stop downtown and then running into The Bay to pick one out.
I think it is a good thing you are keeping the pock marked car. The worst thing I ever did was give up mine when my DH retired.
What is it about meat loaf? Every time I make it my DH compliments the meal.
I am watching Dancing With The Stars. It isn't as good as the last two sessions, but I am enjoying it. I felt bad for Marlee Matlin too. It never seemed to me that she was deaf the way she danced. Amazing woman. I think Kristie should win, she is terrific. Did you see the part where they showed her as a baby? She was born with Clubbed Feet.
BB That sounds like a good DVD. Prevention always has such good information about health and fitness. I always find that the strawberries spoil so quickly. They have to be used the same day or they start to get spots. I love fresh strawberries.
Suz Your part of Ontario sure did get a lot of snow this year. Good thing the flooding isn't near you. We got so little snow, that there is no danger of the Red flooding this year. However, we might get some white fluffy stuff tonight. That cold snowy weather Alberta & Sask got is heading our way. HOPE NOT!
Maria The website is nice, beautiful quilts. I too read about the wheat and corn shortage because of the bio-fuel. I wish these experts would come up with a better idea. Too bad about the cold. So, you sound like a frog..:lol:
Ann Do you have flowers growing all year long? It will be another month before we can put ours in. Can't wait. I love planting and tending to the flowers. My DH does the vegetables.
Hi Gloria, Peggy, Karen and Slavika

beach bum
04-24-2008, 09:09 AM
Good Morning Ladies :)

Got a late start,have to go to my WW meeting and than grocery shopping. Will be back later.

Hugs:)BB

survivor
04-24-2008, 04:19 PM
Well, BB, what was the result? Hope it was great!!!

Hey guys, today is the first day I didn't have to sign in here. Wonder what happened?

Today is Thursday, so I have just one more day and then I am off for a week. I am just tired and have plenty of annual leave, so what the? Anyway, if you can take my name off until Monday the 5th, I would appreciate it.

I am going to sleep in extended mode, watch TV and for three days have my brother and his wife and sister and her husband. This is just devoted to having fun, I guess pretending to be retired. Ha!

I have so enjoyed my MP3 player. It is a Zune, a microsoft product. It is so easy to download my CD's. My kids gave me a gift card for more music. Anyway, this has made such a difference with my walking. I am still short and fat, but I am so darned happy. This walking can sure be an anti-depressant.

Suze, you sound like you are working like a farm hand. But I know you like it. We should be getting new roofs next week. Probably around the time I have company, just hope not.

Karen, are you feeling better? I so hope the iron supplement works. I know you walk all the time with Sprout, so my walking theory won't help you. I am sure enjoying walking to music all the time.

Anybody watching American Idol? This is my first year. I certainly don't agree with the voted-off contestant, but what the hey? I did agree that Marlee had gone as far as she should go on DWTS.

Slavika, hope it has rained there so your Patches has become white again. Our Ginger is doing so well. She may be learning how to play. She is so much a lap dog that I need to get away from her sometimes.

Well, all have a great day.

beach bum
04-25-2008, 11:13 AM

Got up late around 8:30,my DH had a bad night and I couldn't sleep with his snoring & wrestling around. We're not going out to walk either,because Leo believes he has sinus or allergies with all that pollen blowing around.

Going to the senior singing rehearsal this afternoon. Early next month we will be singing for our local nursing homes.

Well I MAINTAINED this week at WW. Was a little disappointed as I thought I loss this week, but lo and behold I had to have a hot dog at my supper,with all that sodium. Yikes!! Do I EVER Learn. Have to watch what I eat so close to W-I.

I Love hot dogs grilled or pan fried,but when I have watch them,I have to flush the sodium out with H2O.

Oh on the subject of strawberries,my leader told me that the food companion is our bible ,and if it says that 1 1/2 c fresh frozen strawberries are zero pts so be it.The fresh one are still 1 pts. per 1 c.

flaggies
04-25-2008, 08:10 PM
G'day all,

At long last we have a little rain, supposed to be a fair bit but so far it has barely wet the soil in our garden:(

Today is grand daughter Matilda's third birthday party, unbelievable she is 3 already :love:
She desperately wants roller skates, I thought she was a little young for that but my d-i-l doesn't think so, so rollerskates it is!

Disappointing that you maintained BB but that has to be better then gaining.
I still think it is quite strange about the strawberries.
I learnt to really like your hotdogs, they are quite different to our variety which are rather bland and boring.

No doubt Glenda is having a good time on her little holiday.

Must be off and get some things done,

Have a great weekend all,

Cheers
Maria

suz
04-26-2008, 07:14 AM
Morning Ladies
Well we have just about all the raspberries planted we are going to get a few more new plants when we have them all in we weill have about 43 canes in that should give me all I want and have some to sell It is supposed to get cold here by monday down around the freezing point so we are going to have to bring the plants in the outside greenhouse back into the house for a few days I got the seeds planted that had not come up

BB Its good that you did not gain but do not worry and do not go by just the scales take your measurements and check them every week sometimes you may not lose weight but you may have lost inches they count as well

Hope everyone else is doing good Suz :carrot:

beach bum
04-28-2008, 10:53 AM

Haven't been on the board this weekend,and yesterday I was a little out of control. Luckily I have my addition & activity points to rely on.

MARIA=I I know I should be happy it wasn't a gain,but another newbie to our meeting used the same kick start program and lost 3 lb coming to my 1.6 .I know all,I shouldn't compare others weight losses to my own. She of course was a lot younger than me,& I know that the older you get the harder it is to lose. Hopefully That my weekend sabotage won't effect the scale this Thursday.

WW Leader was surprised when I pointed out the point valve of fresh vs fresh frozen strawberries [Fresh= 1 c 1 pt fresh froz=1 1/2 c 0pts.] She told me that the companion was our bible,so I'll go by that.

SUZ=Thanks,I always forget to use the tape measure and record the inches lost. My DH did mention that my tummy has gone down. Now lets see where did I put the tape measure,I'll check on that tool,when I maintain in the future.

suz
04-29-2008, 06:29 AM
Ladies
BB some of the weight that other lady lost could also have been water they say you hould really not lose more than about 2 lbs a week, ideally 1 to 2 lbs a week is about normal So don't worry you did not put the weight on over night and it will not come off quickly

We got quite the shock yesterday we have had really nice weather here for the last 8 to 10 days ,sunny , temps in the mid 70's, well yesterday it rained and the temp was in the low 40's

Take care Suz :carrot:

beach bum
04-30-2008, 10:00 AM

Can't go for rehearsal with the choir as we only have one car,and my DH needs it more. Going to church tonight for tomorrows the Holy Day,so I can attend the WW meeting.

Eating Light today,as I want the scale to move down after a maintain.

Suz-I hope your right,about the weight loss.Try to eat around my target points of 22 but sometimes I go over. This week I only used 15 weekly additional points. The one thing I don't understand,I have 16 A/P and the on line point tracker is not using them,it takes off from the weekly list instead. Do you why,or should I ask my leader??????

Have a great day

Lizziepie
04-30-2008, 10:45 PM
Hi all: Just a quick hello, and I have been reading all the posts I have missed. My DH has been in the hospital since last Thur. with pneumonia. But thankfully he is doing wee, and well enought that they sent him home today. So now I should be able to get caught up with all the happenings and also fill you in on what is going on here. For tonight this is my message to you all, and I'll be back. tonight i am going to bed. It has been a long week. Ann

beach bum
05-01-2008, 03:20 PM

Just got a chance to post now. This morning I had to go to my WW meeting. Still MAINTAINING,my leader can't figure out why I'm not losing.She took me to the side and asked questions of what plan I was doing and if I drink my water, weight & measure my portions,exercise,if I eat froz entries etc etc etc. The answer to all the above is yes,yes,yes,no, no.

She said I should be down a few pounds by now.She told me to bring my tracker in and she'll go over it with me.She's really sweet and caring, another woman had the same problem like I did,and helped her out. So heres to next week.

Anne-I'm so sorry about your DH being in the hospital for pneumonia.Thank Goodness that he able to be released. Glad you were able to post,to let us know. The boards are little slow,if we lucky to have one of two of the members here at a time. Take care, and keep us informed.

Lizziepie
05-02-2008, 04:01 PM
Hi all:
well so far so good. Home two 1/2 days and all is well. he is slepping well, eating well and today we got a sore toe(in-grown toenail) taken care of. So things are looking up. He does have some follow-up appointments, so they haven't totally cut him loose as of yet.

I am so glad to just be home and not haaving to drive, back and forth, that I have just not been doing much of anything. I had a great massaage yesterday and that was wonderful.

BB- I know how frustrating it is when you are doing everything right and still don't lose. I often have that problem. It is also interesting how the different leaders interpret things. I had a question abaout the value of prunes- the companion book said 3= 1point and the package values came out to 5= 1point. So our leader said, go by the package. While I was driving back and forth, and not really eating right, i lost 2lbs. but who knows what will happen this week.

Suz: How is the garden coming? and all the plantings? are you able to get things in the ground yet at all? I can remember my father always planting peas and corn as early as he could. He always that corn had to be 'knee high fy the 4th of July.' And he always wanted to have pease and new potatoes on the 4th as well. He wasn't one to plant by the moon cycles, as some are.

BB: I have been directing a Senior Chorus here in the park where we live, but this year, I retired. I have been doing it for many years, and I just got burned out, no more good ideas, etc. So far we haven't found a replacement. I feel badly about that, but also if I stayed there never would be any looking for a replacement. I do sing in the early service at our church. Music still is very important to me, but I just don't want the responsibility right now. And with health issues cropping up, I know I made the right decision.

It is so dry here, that I have to water my flowers nearly every day. We do need rain.

Guess I have about run down. Hi everyone.

Maria: When do you go to visit Alan?

Ann

Lizziepie
05-03-2008, 10:37 AM
Good Morning: If you notice, I have changed my avatar to my summer look:D: I know no matter how much weight I lose, my general pear shape never goes away, it just shrinks. I hope you are all having a good weekend. Ann

beach bum
05-04-2008, 02:23 PM

Woke up this weekend with a abscess tooth,but now its getting better,but I still keeping my an appointment for Monday to have this stupid wisdom tooth removed or have a root canal. Don't want to get these abscess when I older.

My eating will probably effect my weight loss for this week also. I just can't win. Sometimes Feel like giving up,but then theres a drive that pulls me out of the mood and says NO!! you will succeed.

ANN-This time around I have a wonderful caring leader,and I know she going to her best to get me losing again. When I can't find what I'm looking for in the companion or on line, I use my tracker,and the information from the mfg box.

Didn't go to the senior singers this week as I didn't want to do too much damage with my abscess,but will be back there next Friday.Thats to bad about your singing group.We all take a chance in bring ideas to our group and than we vote on the songs that will be on the final program. I feel the same way,singing is my passion even if I'm not the greatest singer I still love doing it,but like you,I don't want the responsibility. Everyone takes a chance,so that what makes singing with the group more enjoyable.

I like to change mine,let see if 3 fat chicks except the one I have in mind.

Have a great weekend what left of it,anyway.

flaggies
05-07-2008, 09:25 PM
G'day all,

Apologies for not having been here for a while, I have been busy doing all sorts and I am now ready to go to the airport in 1/2 an hours time.
I will only be away for 10 days, not a great deal to pack for such a short time.

Ann pleased to hear Phil is doing much better. I like your new avatar. I am pretty sick of mine and have been wanted to change it for a while. Perhaps when I get back I will do that.

BB a tooth abcess :eek: I have never experienced that but I believe it is very painful:( I know what you mean about wanting to give up every now and again. It certainly is not easy this weight business.

Hope everyone is well...I might be able to post whilst I am away, all depends on what sort of internet access I have.

Take care all,

Cheers
Maria

suz
05-08-2008, 06:26 AM
Morning Ladies
Ann The garden is coming along slowly while my DH (Gary) was away about 3 weeks ago he helped the daughter and her husband plant there garden, so when he got back he was anxious to get going on ours We always put a cover crop on our gardens for the winter and then rotill in under in the spring puts back nutrients into the ground To make a long story short the big garden is rotilled and we have planted a full row of raspberries,our onions snow peas ,sugar snap peas are in I have a raised bed that I have planted with about 4 types of lettuce, mesclun mix, spinach and green onions It has a cover so if it gets to cool at night I can cover it They are coming good and this weekend will plant another raised bed with the same mix as the first raise bed

BB Hang in there you will lose that weight What time of day is your meeting The last time I went to WW mine was at 6.00 pm so I never ate dinner before I went I would eat after I got home Something to think about if your meeting is near a meal time,also are you wearing the same clothes each time you get weighed there was one lady who would get weighed every week in a tee shirt and shorts and bare feet

Hope everyone else is doing good Suz :carrot:

beach bum
05-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Hi Ladies

We having a rainy day,with down pours in between. I got soaking wet, trying to get to my WW meeting this morning.

Good News I finally lost 1 lb,after 3 weeks of plateauing.

My leader went over my food journal and found several mistakes with my milk entries. I wrote that my soy milk was 1 pt but we found out it actually 2 pts ,so I was 7 points off right there,having it for breakfast every morning.She asked me if she could tell the members of my experience and several could relate to what happened to me. I have to remember that I haven't done WW in a long while and I have to be aware of the new points sytem to the old one years ago.

She also told me to eat my extras from the 35 point allowances instead of my activity points.

MARIA-My tooth extraction hurt for several day,but it now getting better.I swash with Listerine and that does help.

SUZ-My meeting is at 10AM but this morning I got WI earlier 9:15 and was surprised that I lost,having problems with my teeth & all. I didn't eat breakfast be fore my W-I but my leader said I should just a a little cereal or something,so that what I do, I had a yogurt & berries this morning.

LADIES THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT THAT YOU HAVE GIVEN TO ME. WITHOUT YOUR SUPPORT I WOULD HAVE GIVEN UP.

Lizziepie
05-09-2008, 08:53 PM
Things are slow around here. another follow-up appointment over with, and all is well. Just one more to go. DH is coming along nicely, but is still very tired. Not too much energy as yet.

BB- My motto is 'never give up, never give up, never give up-" Sometimes it is very hard to keep motivated, but then you lose an ounce or two or even a lb. or two and then you get excited all over again. It is a never ending battle, for sure. Is that why some call it the 'battle of the bulge?' :D:

Suz: Your garden sounds wonderful. Did you plant buckwheat as your cover crop to till under? That is what we used to do, when we had a big garden up north. Do you plant Swiss chard? That is one of my favorite greens, but hard to get here. It is all mustard, turnip or collard greens in the south. Gardening is so different here.

While DH was in the hospital, i lost 2.4 lbs, and now am on a roll again. I don't know how long it will last but I am going to keep on with the program. I discovered that while sitting around in the hospital, I was not eating in between meals, and that must have made a difference. So I am sticking to the plan.

Does anyone have a favorite candidate for the winner of 'Dancing with the STars'? I do like Christie Amaguchi. She is such a talent, and dancing is so much different than skating.

tomorrow I am off to get a new bathing suit. There are big sales here and i am badly in need of one. I have had to throw two away, so am down to just one. With being in the pool every day, it doesn't take long to have the chlorine do a number on the spandex. So I try to keep 3 going, and so I hope the sales are really good.

Have a lovely weekend. Ann

beach bum
05-11-2008, 08:41 AM
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

TO ALL YOU WONDERFUL LADIES.

Nothing planned for today,going to an ordinary Sunday. DH & I are going to buy one of those already cooked BBQ[Italian style] Chicken. that we can pick and pig out while watching the final of "the player" tournament this afternoon.

Have to get ready for church without our weekly brunch. The restaurants are going to be too crowed up here,even our Friendly,s.So I guess I meet my friends next Sunday.

Lizziepie
05-11-2008, 02:58 PM
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO YOU ALL

Nothing too exciting here. The best is that I did find two very nice bathingsuits, and they were 60% off, so now I am set for the season. Happy Mothers Day to me.

BB-I know what you mean about everything being so crowded, so we had a nice meal right here at home, and then we will go out on another day.

I won the prize for the most children, grandchildren and greatgrandchildren, (grand total) at church today and brought home a lovely flower arrangement. When I said i had 6 great grands that was what put me over the top. I suppose in a way I might be considered not quite honest since this is all the total of our extended family, but as far as I am concerned Phil's kids are my kids too..even tho' I didn't actually give birth to them. Anyway, I am enjoying my flowers.

It is very windy here today. I don't know if it is workiing up to rain or not, but I am trying to decide if I want to go to the pool. It is warm, about 88deg. but lots of wind.

I tried a bit of an experiment today. I had two turkey legs, and so I put them in the crockpot while we were in church, and they were lovely and tender, when I got back. I pulled off all the meat and got rid of the bones and tendons, then put the meat back into the CP and thickened the juices for a nice rich gravy. Really good on mashed potato, with a little stove-top on the side. And I have leftovers. And eating in moderation, I still have some points left for popcorn tonight.

I hope you all have a nice Mother's Day.

Ann

suz
05-11-2008, 05:38 PM
Afternoon Ladies
DH and I just got back He took me out for a late brunch /lunch for Mothers day so now I will not have to cook supper tonight, just have something later if we need to

Ann We plant winter wheat as our cover crop as its starts to grow again in the spring Yes I grow swiss chard its sweeter than beet tops and I do not like cooked spinach I only eat spinach in my salads

We are slowly getting the garden in We leave a week thursday for the U P of michigan for 4 days as my DH is doing a memorial service for our SIL;s Dad who passed away on easter sunday When we get back we will finish putting in the garden The lettuce is coming along very nicely and I did another raised bed of more lettuce

Take care Suz :carrot:

flaggies
05-12-2008, 03:29 AM
onto the next thread all....see ya there

Maria