20-Somethings - Embarassing problems besides being overweight?

deathnotronic
04-17-2008, 10:21 PM
i contemplated whether or not to post this because it's so incredibly embarassing. but i hoped that at least someone could relate.

not only am i overweight, but i have this tiny problem with body hair. and by tiny i mean it's HUGE. i have hair all over my body. i've already been tested for pcos (i had crazy pcos symptoms: overweight, body hair, irregular periods) and i don't have it. the hairiness and fattness are all me baby. well, actually it's genetic. my dad is a freaking monkey! his sisters are hairy too, although i don't think it's as bad as me. but i'm exactly like him, only in female form.

it's unbelievably embarassing. i have to go get laser hair removal treatments (like the one from extreme makeover) almost every two weeks. and don't be fooled...it hurts. it's on my face, my back, my chest, my stomach, and my behind! it's so terrible. like going to the beach is a nightmare because i have to shave MY ENTIRE BODY. and this isn't light hair, this is DARK, DARK hair.

this is the one thing i have a hard time talking about with other people. i can talk about sex, drugs, pooping, farting, puking, and all that other gross stuff...but this? no way. i get all nervous and uncomfortable and have to change the subject.

anyway, now that that's out of the way...does anyone have an embarassing trait that they'd like to share so i don't sound like such a freak?

Halichick
04-17-2008, 10:28 PM
Count me in!! Another hairy chick here!! I have PCOS, but I still have a beard dammit. LOL

I also have a scar from surgery that made my stomach look like an ***. I'm very self consious of it (you can see it in every shirt I wear, no matter how baggy) That and the fact that I'm 27 with the body of a 70 year old, life's pretty darn embarassing sometimes, esp. with summer on the way.

I think we all have a little something about ourselves that we don't like. I guess all we can do is live with it, god/mother nature made us that way for a reason.

Halichick
04-17-2008, 10:30 PM
Oops, almost forgot....

I was tested for PCOS and it came back negative, yet my gyno said that sometimes the blood tests come back negative and you still have it. It took me 3 years to have my son, so something's definately not right. Just a thought... maybe you are like me and don't have the cysts, wacky blood tests, etc.

deathnotronic
04-17-2008, 10:34 PM
that could be true. like my sister is exactly like me. like i noticed one of the symptoms is like "dark patches of skin" and she has it worse than i do...i have it mildly on the back of my neck and my armpits too.

hmmm, maybe i should get tested again.

SoyLaBelleza
04-17-2008, 10:43 PM
GAK! I have the same thing! Except I haven't started laser hair removal yet. (I cannot freakin wait, pain or no pain!) But yeah... I have some seriously uncool hair problems and it is waaaay embarrassing for me too. We can be unconventionally hairy together. :D Lmao. Oh my it sucks...

Oh, and in the meantime the hair on my head is thinning. Sssooo embarrassing. I'm pretty sure I should go to the doctor. Anyone else in this situation?

Halichick
04-17-2008, 10:50 PM
The dark patches of skin are definately a sign of PCOS. I have a little bit on my neck and armpits too. I'm pretty fair skinned so it's not that noticeable.

Halichick
04-17-2008, 10:52 PM
Soy... the thinning hair might be testosterone-linked (women with PCOS usually have higher levels of testosterone, hence the hairy body) I'd go see your doctor and see what they have to say.

deathnotronic
04-17-2008, 10:53 PM
after you get the laser done it looks like you have a sunburn on your body with black specs. lol and it stays there for about....3-4 days.

umm for a while my hair was really really thinning out, i thought it was due to over dying it (but i was dying it darker than my natural color) so i couldn't tell if it was from that. perhaps it could be from stress? mine eventually stopped and now my hair is back to being super thick.

SoyLaBelleza
04-17-2008, 10:57 PM
Yeah, I was thinking mine might be due to stress because I went through a few crazy things in my life. Also possibly lack of nutrition. I'm about to go get some blood work done at the request of my doctor already though so I will definitely ask about this pcos thing. I've never even heard of it. Can it be treated easily? *worried*

shrinkinglizzy
04-17-2008, 10:59 PM
oh yeah, definitely a hairy jewish chick here.
but what is so funny is that it IS so hard to talk about!! like you said, I can talk about LOTS of things, but only recently have I been able to joke about hairiness, and only with a select few. About a month or so ago, I stopped waxing my upper lip, decided just to sport the 'stache. Just waxed it off recently.
I don't know, it sucks, i hate being so hairy. I would totally do some kind of laser hair removal if i could afford it. Instead, I just try to stay vigilant and pluck those little suckers.

Halichick
04-17-2008, 11:00 PM
Stress can cause hair loss for sure!!!

PCOS can be treated, it makes it harder to do some things, like lose weight and
have babies. You can do both though (I'm proof!)

Check out PCOS in the wikipedia, or just google it. :)

deathnotronic
04-17-2008, 11:07 PM
yeah, laser treatments are SO expensive. i've been going since i was a junior in high school and i'm finishing up my 3rd year of college. my senior year someone donated $2000 for someone who was getting treatments and the doctor's office gave it to me! well, needless to say, i used that money up pretty quick. now my doctor only charges $80 per session. it's still crazy expensive, but oh well. that's life for ya.

RememberHowToSmile
04-17-2008, 11:33 PM
Um I have the same hair problem, on my face, my stomach, my breast. I have very dark hair on my legs and light hair on my arms. I wax and pluck my face, shave the rest. I can't afford the laser hair removal.

I also have PCOS.

Oh another embarassing problem, my skin is terrible beause of the weight loss. I have lots of extra skin, a big pouch that hangs on my stomach and dimples on my thights were the skin is puckering.

LittleMoonRabbit
04-18-2008, 12:50 AM
I am a little hairy. Nothing I can't take care of with a razor. However, I have hyperhidrosis... a condition that makes me sweat like a beast. Seriously. I don't even need to be doing anything... if I watch a scary movie or laugh really hard or get really upset about something, my armpits will sweat until I am drenched. It's gross. I live in tank tops that are cut low under the arms, and then baggy sweatshirts in the winter. So, you are not alone in having other embarrassing body issues, lol. We all just have to learn to live with them I guess.

emmyroo
04-18-2008, 01:09 AM
I'm guessing this is nowhere near as annoying as the hair and sweating issues, but it's embarrassing for me. I am 22 and I have just terrible acne. It's only getting worse - it was never this bad when I was a teenager! I took antibiotics for awhile, which totally cleared it up, except that after about a year I started getting yeast infections, as many as 6 in one year! So I've finally stopped the antibiotics and I'm trying a more serious, vigorous treatment that doesn't require chemicals.

Anyway, the worst thing about it is that I'm a brand-new high school teacher, and my skin is a million times worse than any of my students! It's so embarrassing. If I'm not wearing my nametag and dressed in frumpy clothing, then people automatically assume I'm a student! When I didn't have acne, I looked several years older than I really am. With the acne back now, though, that's all people see when they look at my face. :o

vixjean
04-18-2008, 01:33 AM
LittleMoonRabbit- also have hyperhydrosis, it sucks, it has got better as I got older, and as I have been sober as well.
It sucks, sometimes I just want to buy a cute little light blue or pink t-shirt, but I can't. I will sweat right through it and it will be seen, ahhh...

Rayelle
04-18-2008, 03:52 AM
I have PCOS and my heritage is 'light' german and Yugoslovian so I have light skin with REALLY dark hair!!!!!! My neck, side of face, chin and upper lip are really bad and the most noticible next to my arms. I am having to use the at home wax strips every other day on my face which just completly damages my skin! Currently, my husband and I are saving up for laser hair removal, so I'll be waiting a few years yet. My back, thighs and behind are really bad too. OK so lets just say that I am a wolly mamoth! Hope the laser removal works well for you!

Halichick
04-18-2008, 10:50 AM
Rayelle... I'm german as well, with light skin and dark hair. I hear ya on the hair being more noticable, it sucks. Best of luck saving for the laser hair removal, that's something I need to start doing too.

momentum
04-18-2008, 11:03 AM
After reading these comments... I have to share a product. I bought it and it worked like a charm for me.

For excess sweat: Hydrosol. (they have a website) NOT to be confused with a product called Drysol.

You can get your local pharmacy to order it, its a small bottle, but lasts for a long time and costs aprox $27 Canadian.

Its like a thin gel and you need very little. When I first started to use it, I was using too much and it stung a bit. I eventually started to use a cotton pad (the flat ones) and it made a world of difference.

Regarding excess hair...

Ugh... I didn't really have such a problem with the excess, UNTIL I tried waxing. I have light hairs, but now they are coarser and a bigger pain to get rid of! Especially the ones that came in dark.

Pinkadot
04-18-2008, 03:55 PM
You girls are not alone!!! I know what you mean by not being able to talk about it.. I am so open about everything else!

I have too much hair too, not only that but I get really really really bad ingrown hairs everywhere. I cant shave my bikini line because I get PERMANENT ingrown hairs.. I have had some for years and they never go away.. so I have lots of scars from them. So I cant wear a one piece, and god knows I cant wear a bikini.. so im stuck with tankinis with boyshorts only. >_< I also have some on my stomach.. its black.. and it sucks. That and the stretch marks makes me think I will never wear a bikini for the rest of my life.

Luckily it isnt too bad on my face.. the ones on my chin are blonde somehow. I need to do my upper lip 2 times a month >_> I use depilatory for that which works pretty good.. im just glad I dont get the ingrown hairs there. what also sucks is I get bumps no matter what whenever I shave my legs, and you can still see the hair follicles even if its a wicked close shave.. because its so coarse and black. So they never look very good :( Also get giant ingrown hairs on my armpits, and my skin there is discolored and scarred.. so i never wear sleeveless things. :(

LittleMoonRabbit
04-18-2008, 05:04 PM
Momentum- I appreciate your suggestion. However, it doesn't work for me. It worked fairly well at keeping me dry... but my skin is so sensitive, my armpits would sting and burn hours after application. And, since you need to put it on before you go to sleep... well, I could never actually fall asleep. So, I gave up, lol. I have used the over the counter Secret one that's really strong, and it doesn't itch... but it doesn't work nearly as well either. Eventually, I kinda just got used to it and learned how to deal with it. But I still have the occasional moment... kinda like my armpits peed themselves or something, lol. However, when my hubby and I are more financially stable, I plan on at least trying Botox injections- which is supposed to be by far the most effective treatment- 6-8 months of dryness per set of injections. Either way.. I learn to just laugh it off and just tell myself that there are worse problems than hyperhidrosis. I have also just accepted that I will never get to wear the cute, tight, long sleeved shirts.

LittleBigGirl
04-18-2008, 08:47 PM
OMG! I just got finished waxing my chin and neck and found this thread. I so know what you mean about the hair. Does anyone else have to wax the tops of their feet? I think I might have PCOS as well, I'm waiting for a referral to a Doc. I have some darkness around the creases in my neck, my hair has gone from supper thick and curly to slightly wavy and thin, and I have dark coarse hair everywhere I don't want it! But of cores my eyebrows and eyelashes are still almost nonexistent. :mad: Grr. Oh and I have that lovely fat pad at the back of my neck... No halters for me. :( And does anyone else get really
inflamed pimples under their breasts? I think it's from my bra pinching? Maybe the cornstarch baby powder I use to help with chaffing? They've left scars! Talk about embracing. :o

deathnotronic
04-19-2008, 03:52 AM
i actually get them like between my thighs. and they get huge! and it hurts to much to even touch them. i actually just shave the top of my feet, no biggie there. and as for waxing my face, i actually need to do that tomorrow. my crazy dude sideburns are coming in. haha.

i get ingrown hairs so bad too. like when i would shave my face, it wouldn't be acne, just ingrown hairs. i had terrible skin. there's this shaving gel that's called bikini something and it works really well for stopping ingrown hairs, anywhere. but the tubes they're in aren't that huge but they're only like 5 bucks. but it works like a charm.

FreeSpirit
04-19-2008, 09:19 AM
I dont' really have hair problems, but since I gained weight so fast... I have TONS of stretch marks. On my arms, my thighs, and there is not a place on my stomach that doesn't have a stretch mark on it.

Luckily your hair can be removed, I'm stuck with these darned things. lol.

MSTeacher
04-19-2008, 12:04 PM
I second that you should visit an endocrinologist. They can check your insulin resistance (part of PCOS) Not everyone who is insulin resistant has PCOS and many of the symptoms actually stem from the insulin resistance (dark patches)

CandyKisses0204
04-19-2008, 01:11 PM
UmMm So I am pretty much really relieved that I am the not the only one who is hairy! I have been my whole life and all this talk about pcos makes me want to get tested. I have all the symptoms but all of my doctors argue over what is best and what i do and do not have. So I started to go to a new Gyno and first it was weird cause me besties mom is the nurse thats watches in the room. Then the ob this older guy kept asking me if i was Arab cause a lot of arab women are very hairy. I kept telling him i wasnt but he wouldnt stop insisting that i must be. But im pretty sure i would know. Im the only one on either sides of my family with this problem and it is such a pain in the ***. And embarassing and i def dont have the $ for laser removal even though that would be great.

Oh yea and I gained about 70lbs in a year so i have disgusting stretch marks all over. Like my whole body is covered and if i had one wish it would to not have them... My back,stomach,arms,shoulders. Makes it very hard to find summer time clothes

SavingServo
04-19-2008, 02:45 PM
I have peach fuzz all over my entire body. I hate it. It's the stupid fuzz only anorexics are supposed to get, but I have it because I have extremely poor circulation. I guess I should be happy it's blond, short, and fine but it still sucks.

Also, as long as we're on the subject, my hands and feet sweat like crazy! My hands and feet are always clammy! It sucks. I hate having to shake people's hands. :(

deathnotronic
04-19-2008, 02:52 PM
I have stretch marks too, only they're not bad. I have a friend who has terrible stretch marks. It seriously looks like something clawed at her stomach.

Isn't there lotion for stretch marks? Like for pregnant women or something?

brat_61886
04-20-2008, 08:01 PM
hey ladies,

yeah i'm never on here and when i do get on i usually only lurk but i just had a few questions when i saw this post.

ok so since i got to 250 and up ive had facial hair, but never before that. also once i hit 275 and up my periods were very irregular and i was put on depo. ever since i got off of depo (2 years ago in july) ive had 1 period that lasted 2 weeks. i looked everything up online but it all comes back so PCOS. i really doubt i have that so couldnt just me being a fat*** be the cause of all this? but my main question did any of you have these symptoms and did they go away/ correct themselves when you lost weight? i'm not ganna lie not having a period is heaven but the whole facial hair thing is really annoying!!!!

amouse
04-20-2008, 08:40 PM
I am blonde and fair but I have a little dark body hair.. i have a line of them from my belly button down that look like pubes really attractive , i have the same hair in my armpits legs and on my toes lol... Then i have the pimples and scarring under my boobs , and the tops of my leg.. where i get the pimples and ingrown hairs.. I have MASSIVE Stretch marks form my boobs to my crotch,then i have old stretch marks all over my boobs on my hips under my arm pits nd on my legs all the old ones i got just for reaching puberty lol ... Th stomach ones of from pregnancy but my kids are 3 and 7 you would think they would go away.. but they are really wide really deep and all the way down they are silvery purple now but are still very there and very gross lol .. i would take a picture but ... I'm not in the business of scaring people lol .. .. So my body just needs a little help.... like ummm cut my head off and put it on a new body :) lol ... One with small boobs about 160 pounds .. that would do lol

LittleBigGirl
04-21-2008, 04:02 AM
I hear you on the stretch marks. Got them all around my hips, thighs, breasts, and upper arms. There old and silvery now but still bad because in highschool my thyroid suddenly stopped working and I gained over 100lbs in less then a year. Not fun, and I have to live with the fact that even after I loose the weight they will always be there. :(

amouse
04-21-2008, 04:08 AM
i was not a fat teen by any means my skin is obviusly just crap lol .. my boobs had a daisy look to them.. stretch marks coming out from the nipple all the way around.. lol i got probably 8-9 small ones on my hips and thighs ect. lol but pregnancy one omg .. they are something else lol ... they are now all about half and inch .. but when i was preg they were huge .. lol fun hey.. wrotten things.. stupid week skin lol,

MCheyenne6
04-21-2008, 11:59 AM
boils.... I have had them my whole life and it's horribly embarassing. I have them on my inner thighs and thanks to my genetics of being black and italian every single one of them scars.

It's so ugly and I feel so ashamed. When i started dating my boyfriend 3 years ago I was actually scared to have sex with him. I'm so embarassed. When we fight and he tries to hurt my feelings that is the first thing he brings up. he says it looks like sh*t on my legs.

It doesn't help that my thighs are huge and rub together which causes all the skin in that area to become dark.

So hair problems, I can see how that is embarassing, I'm not demeaning anyone, but I'm in **** too. Welcome!!!

shrinkinglizzy
04-21-2008, 03:56 PM
Haven't seen anyone mention hairy nipples. Anyone? Hairy nipples?

As for the tops of my feet, def def, but i just shave them. Toes, too. I kind of regret having started doing that, I feel like it just grows back coarser. But there are worse things. Like hairy nipples, for example.

S

Taylor86
04-21-2008, 04:24 PM
I am dark haired girl (duh LOL) and I am also hairy. I have to shave everything except my head and eyebrows.

But I have have scarring for two breast reductions I had when I was 16. The first surgery got infected on both breasts had 5 inch gashes where the infection tore open the healing areas. I had to go in once a day and get dead tissue removed and shower and clean them twice a day with antibacterial soap.

After a year of healing and going to get the scarred areas massaged to help keep the scar tissue soft for surgery I had to get an implant in my right breast and reconstructive surgery on the left.

Needless to say it left me with scarring on both breasts. Some of that scarring is still purple from over 5 years but the majority has gone white..

My doctor did a beautiful job and gave me a nice C (I was an 42E at 16) but the scars are still with me.

I also have stretch marks, but I am not so worried about them. They are there and apart of me - just like anything else. I got more okay with my stretch marks, however, after getting my first tattoo. That tattoo is always with me and reminding me of things I believe in - and I suppose my stretch marks are with me to help remind me why I have changed to this healthy life-style and help me stay on track.

BrandNewJen
04-21-2008, 04:33 PM
When we fight and he tries to hurt my feelings that is the first thing he brings up. he says it looks like sh*t on my legs.

What are you DOING hun???? I'm telling you, the one MAJOR sign of a bad relationship is that when the chips are DOWN... when things are at their WORST... you can still be sure that your loved one will NEVER bring up the things that you both know can stab you to the core.

For me, it's my weight. My hubby knows that the ONE thing he can say to truly hurt me is to bring that up... and even in some of our KNOCK DOWN and DRAG OUT fights... NEVER EVER has it been brought up.

If you can't be sure that even at the worst, your man won't protect your feelings where they hurt the most.... well, what else can't you depend on?

HarpoChicoGroucho
04-21-2008, 04:45 PM
boils.... I have had them my whole life and it's horribly embarassing. I have them on my inner thighs and thanks to my genetics of being black and italian every single one of them scars.

It's so ugly and I feel so ashamed. When i started dating my boyfriend 3 years ago I was actually scared to have sex with him. I'm so embarassed. When we fight and he tries to hurt my feelings that is the first thing he brings up. he says it looks like sh*t on my legs.

It doesn't help that my thighs are huge and rub together which causes all the skin in that area to become dark.

So hair problems, I can see how that is embarassing, I'm not demeaning anyone, but I'm in **** too. Welcome!!!

Someone who is that cruel to you isn't worth your time! How incredibly hurtful! He won't get any better, he will only get worse. I would dump him! ASAP! If any guy purposefully tried to hurt my feelings like that, he would be kicked to the curb. I dumped the last guy I was with because he told me I needed to go back to work before I was medically released from my surgery/illness that nearly killed me! It made me so mad. He tried to make me feel bad for not going back to work earlier. Guys like that are not worthy of girls like us!

shrinkinglizzy
04-21-2008, 05:56 PM
Yep, I agree with those other two. Reading that you're BF intentionally tries to hurt your feelings made me see red. Not OK!!

Halichick
04-21-2008, 06:13 PM
I agree as well. That was a terrible thing to say to you, what a jerk. :devil:

preetyladyserenity
04-21-2008, 06:24 PM
Are you sure you got the right blood test? It is weird. I have POCs but I am not overly-hairy(nothing a good waxing can't fix for the month) , do not have irregular periods (just a tidbit heavier that normal) but apparently I had them since I was 12 and that is why I could not lose weight (a doctor asked me to have a blood test recently and we discovered it). I also have low insulin resistance (below 6. You need to have 10 to be able to start losing weight normally) and I take Glucophage 3 times a day.

How was your blood taken? I mean I went to a specialist for the POCs and he told me that be best way to know if you have POCs is to have your blood taken and tested either the 3, 4, or 5 day of your period. I have done that and it never failed to me.

MCheyenne6
04-21-2008, 06:35 PM
you guys are right. He can be pretty obnoxious. Most wonder how or why I put up with it. I grew up in a not nice home with adopted parents who were similar. I was always told I was ugly, not good enough and I was made fun of. I'm used to it and I try to drown it out. For the most part I'm good at it.

Not to make excuses, but my boyfriend has a condition pretty close to bipolar. He has a nasty violent side and I have to keep my mouth closed most of the time because I know I need to pick and choose battles with him.

It's a mess and man does it make weight loss harder than it has to be and harder than it is already. I am strong though, I have been through a lot and I just keep going.

shrinkinglizzy
04-21-2008, 07:10 PM
Oh my goodness girl get yourself into therapy!! Please please please!!
I'm sorry to be presumptuous, but what you're describing sounds like a textbook pattern of an abused person. Just because you're used to it doesn't mean you deserve it! You must have such deeply ingrained patterns...they are hard to get away from. So you end up re-creating the relationships that you already understand, which in your case seem to be emotionally abusive relationships.

Now I need to get back to my paper that I need to write for my master's degree in psychology (gee, could you guess?). You seriously sound like you are in a dangerous situation and I can only hope that you will seek the help you need.

PM me if you want, anytime.

S

BrandNewJen
04-22-2008, 05:59 PM
Guess what? My dad had HORRIBLE bipolar disorder (hence why I have no contact with him anymore) and we have a streak of it running through all my siblings. I can just feel it ROARING up sometimes... but that doesn't mean I don't hold my tongue for fear of destroying my hubby by saying something awful.

Illness or not... he's just a jerk.

MCheyenne6
04-22-2008, 06:12 PM
but that doesn't mean I don't hold my tongue for fear of destroying my hubby by saying something awful.

Illness or not... he's just a jerk.

I hear ya jen, but I hold my tongue because he is so much bigger than me and I'm worried he will have an issue keeping his hands to himself if I rub him the wrong way. It's easier for me just to give him the silent treatment

bjeweled
04-22-2008, 06:47 PM
You girls are not alone!!! I know what you mean by not being able to talk about it.. I am so open about everything else!

I have too much hair too, not only that but I get really really really bad ingrown hairs everywhere. I cant shave my bikini line because I get PERMANENT ingrown hairs.. I have had some for years and they never go away.. so I have lots of scars from them. So I cant wear a one piece, and god knows I cant wear a bikini.. so im stuck with tankinis with boyshorts only. >_< I also have some on my stomach.. its black.. and it sucks. That and the stretch marks makes me think I will never wear a bikini for the rest of my life.

Luckily it isnt too bad on my face.. the ones on my chin are blonde somehow. I need to do my upper lip 2 times a month >_> I use depilatory for that which works pretty good.. im just glad I dont get the ingrown hairs there. what also sucks is I get bumps no matter what whenever I shave my legs, and you can still see the hair follicles even if its a wicked close shave.. because its so coarse and black. So they never look very good :( Also get giant ingrown hairs on my armpits, and my skin there is discolored and scarred.. so i never wear sleeveless things. :(

Try TendSkin you can get it at Beauty Brands. I havent seen an ingrown hair that this stuff cant combat. Its a miracle potion seriously.

bjeweled
04-22-2008, 06:53 PM
I have ridiculous hair all over my neck and chin and bottom of my face. my lip too. BUT i HAVE NO EYEBROWS OR LASHES GRRRRRRRRR!

I too shave my toes or my pedicurist (is that a word) she plucks them for me.

I had a growth spurt in middle school where i went from 105 to 135 pounds at 5'6" and i have had ridiculous stretch marks since i was 12. it was so embarassing when i went to a pool party in high school and i was talked about for having stretch marks. i wasnt even big but the other girls didnt have them. my butt looks like a tiger as do my thighs and hips. ah well. :D

twentysixpoint2
04-22-2008, 07:18 PM
-Gnarly ingrown hairs on my behind (think saddlebags, folks) from bicycling that usually end up as never-healing boils that leave purple scars. Mmm goodness.

-Stretchmarks since I was 6 years old on my thighs, then I got them in high school on my stomach and arms (arms?! How the **** do you cover those babies up?), so I pretty much can never go swimming or to a beach.

-Acne scars on my back and chest that pretty much thwart any attempt at wearing something lowcut. Add that to the stretchmark arms, and it's turtleneck season year around! Weee!

-Massive 16" calves - I can never wear shorts, ever.

-Gallbladder removal scars that look like worms crawling on my stomach

-Gross blackheads on my nose that will not go away with ProActiv or anything else for that matter

-I too have hairy Hobbit feet (that are huge for a 5'7 person, as well) that I have to shave every other day.

-My feet swell so bad I can't wear anything but tennis shoes or I get these unsightly ridges and it looks like my shoes are going to pop. Attractive.

mimosa08
04-22-2008, 09:32 PM
Well well well I certainly thought I was alone in this world

I have the hairy legs, arms, neck, face, butt, toes, any and everything else. I have stretch marks and I hate them with a passion. It is such an akward feeling to have to shave your fingers and toes every other day. No one understands, especially men. I tell them I have pcos and they act as if I am going to grow a penis! lol.

I am sweaty too..........grrrrrrr

brat_61886
04-23-2008, 08:18 PM
hey ladies,

i was just wondering what ya'll do for unwanted facial hair. mine is turning really dark and i'm ganna have to do something about it. any suggestions?

KristyR
04-23-2008, 08:40 PM
I have PCOS too. My extra hair is mostly facial hair. I've got the dark patches under my arms and on my inner thighs. And I sweat. I sweat like I've been running a marathon in 100-plus degree heat just walking down the hall at work.

And let's add to the embarrassment -- I take Metformin for my PCOS, and I also don't have a gallbladder. So occasionally, I have unexpected, uncontrollable diarrhea. Although that part has been much better since I started WW and am eating better foods.

deathnotronic
04-24-2008, 01:28 AM
i had my laser treatments today. ugh, i had my lower back done and since it's sensitive territory it hurt like no other. it was a cross between really ticklish and really painful. so pretty much all the worst parts of the bible.

Halichick
04-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Ugh, hope you're feeling better soon :hug:

Pinkadot
04-24-2008, 12:32 PM
Try TendSkin you can get it at Beauty Brands. I havent seen an ingrown hair that this stuff cant combat. Its a miracle potion seriously.

I've actually tried it :o it didn't help me!

hey ladies,

i was just wondering what ya'll do for unwanted facial hair. mine is turning really dark and i'm ganna have to do something about it. any suggestions?

I've used a depilatory for my upper lip for about 6 yrs, it works like a charm! No ingrown hairs (and I get them really bad everywhere else), or irritation. I use Sally Hansen ~ you can get it at walmart. Make sure you put on a super thick layer of it and don't rub it in at all!
http://www.sallyhansen.com/product.cfm?product=128
for everything else, like eyebrows or a stray hair here or there i just pluck with tweezers

net knee
04-24-2008, 11:48 PM
littlemoonrabbit-- I suffer from hyperhidrosis too!! I HATE IT!! I can be outside in 30 degree weather and still be sweating like crazy!! It is very embarassing and hard to deal with. I've tried just about everything to try to treat this or at least help it, clinical strength deodorant, suredri deodorant, drysol- prescription deodorant... I always wear two shirts to help soak up the sweat so it doesn't soak through to the other (on good days). SOooo I feel for all of us who suffer from unusal body stuff...:hug:

Shopaholic1204
04-25-2008, 12:25 PM
I have PCOS, so I have some body hair. I hate it so much!! I hide it from my dh :( I feel that if he knew, then he'd think I was a freak or something.

xonlywishesx
04-26-2008, 03:55 AM
I don't really have a hair problem but I do suffer from psoriasis. It covers my scalp and is easily seen. I can't wear dark clothing because of the skin shavings that fall like snow. Not only is my scalp covered but it has moved to eyebrows. It is horrible. It itches and burns and people look at me like have some sort of contagious disease. Large spots of it are on my legs and back and cleavage. I can't wear low cut shirts or shorts. So, I can totally sympathize with the hair problem. But think on the bright side, you are least able to shave off what you feel is unsightly. If I tried to shave around my psoriasis, I'd be bleeding like a stuck pig.

xonlywishesx
04-26-2008, 03:59 AM
littlemoonrabbit-- I suffer from hyperhidrosis too!! I HATE IT!! I can be outside in 30 degree weather and still be sweating like crazy!! It is very embarassing and hard to deal with. I've tried just about everything to try to treat this or at least help it, clinical strength deodorant, suredri deodorant, drysol- prescription deodorant... I always wear two shirts to help soak up the sweat so it doesn't soak through to the other (on good days). SOooo I feel for all of us who suffer from unusal body stuff...:hug:

I used to work for Aetna Specialty Pharmacy and one of the products we dispensed was BOTOX (it's not just for cosmetic purposes). It's used to treat hyperhydrosis. Ask your doctor about it and see if it's right for you. I think that the injections work for about 3-6 months depending on dosage.

net knee
04-26-2008, 04:20 AM

This made me smile... I couldn't really explain what my scars from my gall bladder removal looked like but you nailed it! Mine are more like two little worm holes and a inch worm workin it's way back over to one of it's homes. The 4th incision is in my bellybutton so not as noticeable. I just got mine out in January so my scars are very very red and still dimple in like a little pothole in my tubby belly! Doc says they will let up or un-dimple sooner or later.

As for the Botox injections for hyperhidrosis, omg, my eyes welled up just thinking about getting a shot in my armpits!! I hate needles but i think i'd be up to trying it at least once if i had a xanax on board before hand!:dizzy: If not they'd poke me once and i'd either pass out, smack someone, or say screw this and nevermind the rest!! I've also tried a perfume deodorant. I can not for the life of me remember the name of the brand-- when i do i'll post it. It was kind of expensive but actually worked pretty well. It was a bit waxy but worked better than regular deodorant... only thing i didn't like was it was a solid so when i was half way through the day it's all chunked up and balled up and occasionally fell out of my shirt onto the table or whatever happened to be there to catch it-- always embarassing me!! But i found that if i didnt use that much, like cake it on, it stopped that!!:)

Sassy_Chick
04-26-2008, 08:35 AM
Me too. I have PCOS too and yup, most all these symptoms too. :yes:

The worst for me is the stupid facial hair I absolutely hate it!!! I think I could deal with being fat better than that! It is so embarrassing and I refuse to let anybody get close to my face!!

Anywho...........I also have sensitive skin so shaving is a nightmare for me and those hair removal lotions break me out, so those are out. I also have the hair loss and that part is freaking me out. I feel like I'm gonna be this fat, hairy, bald lady.......:cry:

I have most all of the other symptoms as well: dark skin patches, skin tags, irregular periods, weight gain, insulin resistant and now Diabetic, dandruff

Also a great site for PCOS is Soulcysters.com (http://www.soulcysters.com/). Shopaholic and I are both members in their message board there. Lots of great info as well as people who are going through the exact same things as you. There is also a PCOS thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=70)in this forum too.

Big :hug:

staja
04-26-2008, 09:34 AM
I also have PCOS symptoms (but 3 doctors have told me I'm really just fat and hairy, with naturally irregular periods!) I get thick, nasty, dark hair right under my chin/on my neck. It is so thick that depilitory creams don't work on it, and if I don't shave every other day, it looks like I'm growing a beard. I was able to use the creams on my back, but since I started hormonal birth control, the hair is much less noticeable there (or so I tell myself - when I do wear a bathing suit, it's always a racer back to distract from any potential hairs)

I also am shiny with stretch marks, but I always have this hope that they'll just become one big stretch mark, so I'll just be slightly shiny on my entire body. I really don't mind them as much - I've had them for as long as I can remember. My gallbladder scars, on the other hand - I'd gained about 100lbs after my gallbladder removal, so they're really nasty looking. Yay for being able to get off the 6g of fat/meal diet?

I really don't dwell too much on the negatives, though, and I'm happy that my body's sturdy and healthy.

Arian
04-27-2008, 10:53 AM
Not to make excuses, but my boyfriend has a condition pretty close to bipolar. He has a nasty violent side and I have to keep my mouth closed most of the time because I know I need to pick and choose battles with him.

My fiance is bipolar, and he's not even that bad. Have you talked to him about going to a dr to see if they can try some medication? It does make all the difference in the world.

And I can so relate on the stretch marks! I've got them all over my tummy, hips and on my back. I actually have a tattoo over some of the ones on my back, and that hurt like ****, and the ink doesn't take well over them >.<.

And, for thinning hair-Vitamin B supplement. Mine falls out on occasion (not a ton, but enough to be a pain) due to stress, and the extra B vitamins do the trick every time.

Tamaroot
04-27-2008, 02:04 PM
I'm a hairy *******...I never thought about PCOS but now I might have to ask the doctor. I just thought it was because my dad was a gorilla. A silverback actually. Like gorillas, we also fling poo when agitated. That's pretty embarrassing during posh occasions.

Worse(?) though is I have super duper repulsive room clearing farts. They're usually silent which doesn't help when it's just me and one other person in the area, but I also giggle, especially when in a group and someone makes a face or comment. I can't help it; farts are funny. My family is gassy (ook ook) but since I started eating more vegetables and fruit, oh man. Also it gets really bad when I eat greasy/fast food. And non greasy food...and regular food...and when I don't eat at all...

shrinkinglizzy
04-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Tamaroot -- you are a funny lady!!

Taylor86
04-27-2008, 07:41 PM
I have smelly farts, too. My fiance just looks in my direction but I usually blame the cat.

shrinkinglizzy
04-27-2008, 11:22 PM
man, i swear to everything holy that my cat's farts are WAY smellier than mine! no lie! kitty's got the stankiest poots I've ever experienced!

Taylor86
04-27-2008, 11:24 PM
Seriously! Sometimes he won't believe me if I haven't farted and it WAS the cat. It's kinda funny...she farts more when we give her cat nip...no idea why.

shrinkinglizzy
04-27-2008, 11:39 PM
i think mine gets into the dog food and it makes her smell RIPE. her name is piper, which lead us to say, "oh, snap, PIPE BOMB! nasty!"

it is really nice being with someone so long that the farts don't matter, though, isn't it??

Halichick
04-27-2008, 11:49 PM
LOL You ladies are too funny!! I'm going to wake everyone in the house I am laughing so loud.

My siamese cat is quite the pooter too... smells like rotten carrots :p

SephyFowl
04-28-2008, 12:19 AM
I have PCOS also, and have HORRIBLE acne and what I've found to help is Mary Kay formula 3 or something and it has taken me from having horrible and almost never want to go out in public to one zit once in a while.. seriously MIRACLE for me.

I have horrible stretch marks from when my PCOS 'acted' up after I was done with gymnastics and they have faded to silver stuff, but my marks took the ink awesome. Seriously butt hair.. not going to lie is the WORST thing right now..

Mcheyenne if you can't say anything because you are scared for him to get violent with you then that is NOT a stable and healthy relationship. Just my two cents.

MCheyenne6
04-28-2008, 06:13 PM
My fiance is bipolar, and he's not even that bad. Have you talked to him about going to a dr to see if they can try some medication? It does make all the difference in the world.

He is on both paxil and zyprexa. He is 6'3'' 220 and he thinks he is fat. Over the weekend I discovered he hasn't been taking his zyprexa for days now because he thinks it makes him gain weight. I told him eating cheetos at 9:30 at night makes you gain weight, the pills keep you healthy. I know they probably make better pills to regulate his pills, but his parents are afraid he won't function if he is "like a zombie" as they say

Tamaroot
04-29-2008, 12:56 AM
Tamaroot -- you are a funny lady!!

Why thank you Lizzy! However looks aren't everything...:D

My dog's farts are pretty distinct from human farts so I can't blame him. However it's really bad when I'm at the gym. My sister will lean over and smack me and I'll start laughing and nearly fall off the ellipitcal and of course everyone will know it was me...

And now ladies and other, a brief moment of seriousness. Forgive me.

Cheyenne if you ever fear what your boyfriend's reaction would be if you "rubbed him the wrong way" (geez I do that on purpose to people to see how they react. Why yes I am single why do you ask?) then seriously take a look at your relationship. Bipolar or not, if you're afraid he'd react violently to you, get out.

Try and see it as you talking to a friend who confides these things in you, what would you advise?

xGurlyGrlx
04-29-2008, 03:12 AM
I have smelly farts, too. My fiance just looks in my direction but I usually blame the cat.
I was cracking up when I read this. It reminded me of my best friend when we were younger. She would fart and blame a "ghost" in the room! :lol3:

net knee
04-29-2008, 04:50 AM
kitty's got the stankiest poots I've ever experienced!

:rofl: I almost died laughing when I read this!! :rofl: poots... cute word for it!
My kitty, Satan, has the cutest sneeze ever! BUT Every time he sneezes it's a guarantee that he farts too! The smell that comes from his hind end is unbearable! He can clear a room and the room next to it and if he sneezes more than once in a row we just give up and leave the room! Of course my BF loves to blame it on me, especially when we have company-- he likes to try to embarrass me :o , all good fun... but we all know who's to blame!!:dizzy:

Smiling_Sara
04-30-2008, 09:25 PM
One thing I find embarassing is guys asking me about my past relationships and all....I don't really have any. I was talking with someone the other night and it came up. I told him I couldn't talk about it and kinda left it like that. I'm so worried that once a guy knows my lack of experience they will say see ya, and I'll be left broken hearted, once again.

ohmanda
05-03-2008, 03:22 AM
I've got eczema on my hands so they are usually all red and swollen. Sometimes they crack and bleed. I've had people ask if I've been burned.

gigantosaurus
05-03-2008, 05:51 AM
-Gnarly ingrown hairs on my behind (think saddlebags, folks) from bicycling that usually end up as never-healing boils that leave purple scars. Mmm goodness.

-Stretchmarks since I was 6 years old on my thighs, then I got them in high school on my stomach and arms (arms?! How the **** do you cover those babies up?), so I pretty much can never go swimming or to a beach.

-Acne scars on my back and chest that pretty much thwart any attempt at wearing something lowcut. Add that to the stretchmark arms, and it's turtleneck season year around! Weee!

-Massive 16" calves - I can never wear shorts, ever.

-Gross blackheads on my nose that will not go away with ProActiv or anything else for that matter

-I too have hairy Hobbit feet (that are huge for a 5'7 person, as well) that I have to shave every other day.

-My feet swell so bad I can't wear anything but tennis shoes or I get these unsightly ridges and it looks like my shoes are going to pop. Attractive.

Those sound just like me!

I have the worst strechmarks on my hips and arms. I remember one time I was babysitting this little boy and he pointed to my arm and said it looked like a zebra. :o

I have a pretty big scar right in the middle of my back from when I developed the "shingles" in 7th grade (it's pretty much like having a 2nd bout of the chicken pox) and I have acne on my chest, so I rarely wear anything but crew and turtlenecks, and you can forget about me wearing anything that showcases my back. I dunno how I'll ever feel comfortable in a swimsuit.

I have big feet for my height. I wear a 9, which doesnt sound bad, but I'm 5'2" plus my feet are wide so I look like a cross btwn Fred Flintstone and a clown :lol:

I have REALLY hairy knuckles. My friends and family always call me Wolverine or chimp lol.

I have huge calves. They've always been big since I was a little kid from playing sports (baseball, karate, and flag football) but they've gotten even bigger since I've gained weight. I dunno if I'll be able to wear calf length boots even after my weight loss. :(

I have a hairy butt and back, lol... they're short and fuzzy hairs, but still hairy nonetheless.

And alst but not least, I don't have blackheads anywhere else but my nose! I can wash my face a million times a day and I'll still develop blackheads on my nose. The only time they left is when I got a facial at a salon, and even after that they came back less than a wk later.

just keep swimming
05-03-2008, 12:14 PM
I've got eczema on my hands so they are usually all red and swollen. Sometimes they crack and bleed. I've had people ask if I've been burned.

Hey, me too! It usually gets better in the spring, but since it's been kinda cold and dry here, my eczema is still going strong. I had it on my face last year, but thank goodness that hasn't returned. People have asked me if I'm breaking out in hives on my hands though.

Gryph
05-03-2008, 02:48 PM
Well, I get darker hairs on the underside of my chin that can often be pretty prominent...I kind of almost grow "sideburns"--both of these I shave off very carefully. My arms and hands can be fairly hairy, so I shave my arms, too.
My legs are terribly terribly white and have little bumps on them (slightly pinkish) so they look terrible, and I always feel self-conscious about wearing anything other than jeans. I also sweat a lot...which also makes me very self-conscious. Especially when there are little damp patches on my clothing under my arms. Then it's like I don't even want to lift my arms above a certain height! :/

chickennugget126
05-03-2008, 03:16 PM
I am quite gassy as well... some days, it feels like they never stop and it's really embarrassing when I'm at work or even at home sometimes... I even got some Beano but I keep forgetting to take it before my meals. I can laugh about it but sometimes I'm like, "seriously?" way way gassier than anyone i know... or maybe people just dont' talk about it... I don't know but I'm tired of running to the bathroom at work. :(

Also, this isn't "embarrassing" like that but I have bad asthma where I have lots of trouble breathing. Sometimes I'm fine, but other times, I can be sitting at my desk, gasping for air. And it sucks because I'm a runner and I can't go 2 minutes without feeling like I'm dying of suffocation. Back in the day I could go for miles, nowadays, it's a struggle to even jog a little. It's kind of embarrassing because I run everyday and have been for a while, and I'm still the gasping, wheezing, "out of shape" runner who can't pace herself... I HATE asthma. Medication makes me feel like I've had 20 cups of coffee and shaky... and sometimes, it's just scary when I can't breathe. I'm going to the doctor to see if there's anything else he can do for me on Tuesday... wish me luck...

sh3l5
05-05-2008, 10:17 AM
i have a nice collection of freckles over my one side....
just on my bele, none on the other side....

i also get an irritating rash when i cycle for too long in a day....
the sweat seems to make my bum sore and leave raw patches....