20-Somethings - Laughing Cow

View Full Version : Laughing Cow

sunback
04-17-2008, 01:47 PM
:moo:
So, I've heard alot of people talk about Laughing Cow cheese but I have never tried it. I think I'm going to pick some up tonight... what the heck do I do with it? Is it like a cream cheese consistency? Do you slice it and put it on sandwiches? Crackers? Those of you who use it and love it - tell me how you eat it!

ANOther
04-17-2008, 02:09 PM
Yes, it's like cream cheese, wrapped in little individual wedges. It comes in Swiss-cheese, French onion and garlic/herb flavors, light and regular. i spread it on crackers or on English muffins, but I suppose you can use it any way you use (any other) cream cheese (what does "cream cheese" mean, that it's creamy or that it's made with cream? :?:)

Get n healthy
04-17-2008, 02:30 PM
I love it and sometimes, if it is close to meal time and i am REALLY hungry, i will just pop a wedge or two in my mouth and eat it plain...keeps me from OVER eating at dinner...gives my hands, mouth, and stomach something to do to tide me over. I also spread it on light wheat thins.
You really cant beat the creamy texture for a small 35 cals per wedge, if you get the light.
I dont like the french onion but i love the regular flavor.

PinkyPie
04-17-2008, 02:34 PM
I put it on crackers or dark rye bread and the other day I had no crackers or bread so I put it on celery sticks :) Yum!!

Get n healthy
04-17-2008, 02:38 PM
ooohhh, on celery...that would be a GREAT replacement for peanut butter on celery...good one!

PinkyPie
04-17-2008, 02:40 PM
EXACTLY Stacy! PB is a trigger food for me so this was an absolutely perfect replacement!

Halichick
04-17-2008, 02:42 PM
I get the party bites and spread them on triscuts... mmmmmm

xGurlyGrlx
04-17-2008, 03:10 PM
I use mine on celery and it's good on crackers. I also make an alfredo like sauce with it. I got the recipe from the South Beach section.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72788

jillybean720
04-17-2008, 03:32 PM
I used to cook up some turkey sausage links or patties and eat them with honey mustard. Then I wanted to cut out sugary stuff, so I ditched the honey mustard and started using the Laughing Cow light wedges as a condiment with my turkey sausage. This was especially yummy with the garlic & herb flavor. YUM!

Oh, and I've also read about people mashing them up into tuna or chicken salad instead of mayo. I haven't tried it, but it sounds like another good use of the wedges!

TheWalrus
04-17-2008, 04:00 PM
Hee! Jill, I thought I was the only one. I love Shady Brook Farms turkey meatballs, and when it's cold and yucky outside, I'll have a bowl of hot meatballs with some cubes of Laughing Cow. Yum.

MCheyenne6
04-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Laughing cow cheese? Never heard of it, but I LOVE cheese. Anyone in the Midwest know where I can find some??:?:

RememberHowToSmile
04-17-2008, 04:13 PM
I get laughing cow at Kroger. I use it on celery, cracker, sandwiches, bagels, rolled up in chicken, on a hamburger (spread on the bun). I recently made spinach pesto and melted it with the pesto over the pasta. Also anywhere you would put cream cheese you can use it. It is so yummy.

SoyLaBelleza
04-17-2008, 04:15 PM
Albertsons usually has it and Super Walmart does too. I love Laughing Cow cheese. Their swiss is so tasty.

Oh! Btw, at both stores it isn't with all the normal cheese. You can find it with the brie, goat cheese, gouda and the like. :)

BernerDoc
04-17-2008, 04:17 PM
A few things I do with Laughing Cow (I buy both the regular and garlic herb)

-with crackers or on toast
-with baby carrots
-spread on a sandwich instead of miracle whip or the like (which I don't like anyway)
-dropped into scrambled eggs (beat egg, microwave ~1min, drop in cheese, finish microwaving ~1 min)
-simple 'alfredo' sauce for pasta or veggies - cheese plus a little milk and garlic pepper, microwave

um...that's about it. Funny, I don't use it that often but you'd think I do from that list! :-)

Tomato
04-17-2008, 04:18 PM
I usually have it with raw wedges - I take tiny nibbles from the cheese with bite from the veggie and it makes the veggies much more appealing that way. My favorite combo is a kohlrabi and a Laughing Cow triangle.

sunback
04-17-2008, 04:27 PM
Oh WOW! Thanks ladies!! Now I can't wait to get some!! I'm definitely going to try that Alfredo sauce... and mashed up into tuna... mmmm. Can't wait to stock up on it!! :)

SoyLaBelleza
04-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Sooo many awesome ideas! I always just put it on crackers. It never even occurred to me to use it on celery or as alfredo sauce!

Taylor86
04-17-2008, 05:05 PM
I eat laughing cow darn near on an everyday basis.

Rye cracker
Raw Veggies
Scrambled eggs
Tuna
Turkey
Just plain
On hamburger (I cut it up and mush it in with the lean beef so it cooks inside the burger I also add)

I just wish laughing cow would come up with butter in little wedges...those little wedges have a lot of cheese in them for just 35 calories! (I would accept chocolate wedges too haha)