Old 04-17-2008, 09:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Default 30 somethings Thurs.Chat 4/17

Feeling a bit better today just can't hear out of my R ear. Didn't do any kind of workout yesterday I had NO energy at all, was in bed by 10 (thats early for me), didn't get up until 6 this morning, so I've gotten some rest but I still feel like I could sleep all day yet. I have to go tomorrow for my ultrasound, so I won't find out anything for sure about the thyroid thing until at least wed. or thur. of next week. I'm going to force myself to do something today though, I have to Just Do It! Right GG?

Alicia, do some stretching on the floor for your back several x's a day that should help loosen things up. I think you ask my about my dizziness? I was in the hospital last year because it got so bad, the Dr.s told me they could find nothing in the CAT scan or the MRI, nor in my blood work, so I was sent to an ENT and they did testing for Menieres but still came up inconclusive. So, I was told when it hits me to find a quiet place and lay down til it passes completely. I, of course, laughed at them. How on earth as a mother, let alone a mother of 5, do you go lay down til it passes when this crap can last for 3-5 days. DUH! So, I do what I can to rest and try to find people to do some of the driving for me but I was told that it will get progressively worse and last longer every time it occurs, yet they don't know what it is causing it.

Hanna, people are crazy, don't feel bad about getting a chuckle out of them, I often how many people get a chuckle out of me when I'm being psycho in Walmart with my kids. Take your jollies wherever you can get them, also, by being a listener maybe you can be an example to someone else, just don't let them suck you into their drama.

Joan, too funny about the beer, my big bro works for an AB distributor and always supplies the brews for family gatherings.

Everyone else HI!!!! hope you all have a beautiful day, I'll check back later. I may try to go to the Chiro today to see if an adjustment will help this crazy dizzy thing in my head. Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

HELLO!
wow it is very slow here today!

Trish sorry about your health, are you dizzy? I am asking cause it can also be a thing you get when you have ear problems. Keep us posted, good luck. I hear you on the chuckling, it is pretty funny to live in my street, I think the should start filming desperate house wives here,

Karen congratulation on the 3 Lbs. loss! go girl!

Joan seems like kids just got back to school after Easter break and already having 1/2 days, oh well, I am glad you had a good afternoon!

Today I got woken up by barking dudes, lol. I have to go to the dentist today I forgot all about it, so I am going to have to get dressed today.
I have enjoyed my few days of doing nothing. I guess they are over!
Coffee is ready, got to get my first cup! mmmmm..... I can smell it!

Have a great day!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:23 PM   #3  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello chickies. It's a slow day here today. I had an early doctor's appt and then took the kids to BK for breakfast so they could run around in the playroom. It's been nice outside for the past couple of days so hopefully by tomorrow we can go outside to play. It has rained so much that the ground is just soggy.

I still have a set of bay windows to clean upstairs and a kitchen wall that needs scrubbing and the office needs a once over. Then the spring cleaning is over. My nose will be so glad!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:25 PM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:26 PM   #5  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Afternoon everyone!

Trish, I think having 5 kids would make me dizzy! LOL. That's strange they can't find the problem. Hope it's better today.

Hanna, good to see you, was wondering if you were okay. My SIL has neighbors, sound just like yours. I tell her she lives on Wisteria Lane. Wonderful about Sean and his meds!

Karen, did you ever have any luck with the bc and your periods?

Hey Lauren and everyone else!

I've decided to change my ticker but I'm going to wait till I start the BL challenge. I was looking back, I have gained 16lbs if the scale is right. Do you think that is normal? I don't feel like I eat any more than I was before. Don't get me wrong, I know I overeat, but I don't think its to the degree of gaining all that weight in several months.

Oh any advice on dyeing hair at home? I want to save money but I am scared after I turned my hair not a nice color before. I don't want orange hair, lol. What brands do you guys use?

Okay, gonna go, not feeling great, TOM is here and always makes me feel crumy!

Have a great rest of the day ladies!
Alicia

Last edited by lois lane; 04-17-2008 at 01:27 PM.
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:09 PM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Alicia, I have use Loreal Preference (think it's called). It's gel. I have also used hmm, I can picture the box. Clariol Naturals or someting?? It's a brown "natural" looking type box. Natural Instincts, that's it. I do shades of red, usually an auburn type color. One of them is called "Deep Reddish Brown", I'm pretty sure. Comes out really nice. Of course it eventually fades, but that's fine with me, because then I don't have any root lines. Keep in mind my hair is dirty blonde with natural red highlights.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:27 PM   #7  

good afternoon!...

hope everyone is having a great day...busy here at work as usual it seems lately...lots and lots of babies!...but i love it

i have a question for all with kids...when do you take your toddler out of the car seat and into a booster with a seatbelt?..i still have little mario is his highback carseat that you just remove the straps and it will be a highback booster used with a seatbelt...im thinking he might be ready or close but im nervous and not sure..anyone know?

cc: i sure hope they find out whats wrong with you soon...it cant be fun feeling so out of it..take care and do try to get some rest whenever you can!

hanna: im so happy for sean!...so glad the meds are working for him..its gotta be hard for him to not be regulated...have a wonderful day

karen: i love spring cleaning..i dont necissarily like to do it but i love the end result...i hope the kids and you can get in the sunshine tomorrow...its beautiful here too

hi lauren: hope youre having a great day

alicia: hows your back today?...i have used oh gosh whats the name of it..the bright green box...nutriesse i think its called i have also used loreal preference..they both were good...i can say i have never gone lighter so im not sure how those work but going darker or with red or purple tints or just dark brown are great..ive had no probs with either of those..good luck...i wanted to ask...i thought the biggest loser challenge was only during the show?...that sounds like fun if i can do it...

better get back to work..just wanted to check in...have a great one
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:27 PM   #8  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Christina, they are doing a spring challenge for the biggest loser, I don't know about it corresponding with the show. You only have until the 19th of this month to sign up. So do it soon. As far as little Mario you may need to check the guidelines in Cali, they should tell you what age or size it legal. Been a few years for me so I don't remember. My back is better than the other night, but still kinda nagging me.

We have to leave for soccer in an hour. Talk later!
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:32 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Trish ~ my sis started getting dizzy spells and they got so bad that she couldn't do much of anything. It was vertigo and it came out of the blue and left (about a year later) out of the blue. I remember her telling me that the only thing that provided relief was standing in the shower and letting the water rain down on her head.

Alicia ~ I started coloring here at home to save money and always use Clairol's Nice n Easy. It's easy to apply and I've always been happy with the results.

Christina ~ Each state varies but here it's 40 lbs. or 4 years of age before going to a booster state.

Hi to everyone else! I've got kids over this afternoon and I have to keep checking on them. I love having kids over but this one boy is too much work. He's the type that is always coming to me about every little thing and already very much a control freak. Makes me appreciate DS so much more. Living with this neighbor boy would drive me bonkers. More so than usual anyway LOL. Talk to everyone later ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:34 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Alicia, from your pictures, I would suggest you NOT pick up anything with an ash tone. I have used almost all of them, and I have never had a problem ~ of course my mom used to be a beautician, so I just take her and she will tell me if it will work or not. Man am I spoiled.

to everyone else, I need to go get into some shorts.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote