20-Somethings - Feeling bloated and gross (TMI... sorry!!)

sunback
04-16-2008, 12:55 PM
OK, this is probably going to end up being TMI but I am so uncomfortable!! The last couple days I have felt so bloated and weird. And today it is horrible! I feel like my belly is about to pop and I look like I'm a good 6 months preggo. Ugh, it's so uncomfortable. Anyone have any suggestions? I took some medicine (Gas X, I think) that is supposed to help with bloating, but no luck so far. I have no idea what it's from either... I haven't drank beer in days.. last time I drank was some wine on.. Saturday or Sunday, I think. I'm not constipated or anything either, so that's not it. I feel like I want to just take a big poop (sorry..haha) or throw up and that would make it feel better.. but I don't think so. Is there any good foods that supposedly help? Ugh, I'm miserable.
:barf:

mrowmrowsmom
04-16-2008, 01:11 PM
Yuck, I have had that happen before, and it is no fun. I would try a diuretic pill, like Aqua-Ban (the caffeine-free kind). Also, some foods have diuretic properties, like celery and coffee. It sounds counter-intuitive, but drink lots of water. It will flush out whatever is causing the bloating. Finally, you might want to watch your salt intake. Too much salt can cause bloating.

Last time it happened to me, I ate celery and spinach with oil and vinegar (no salt), and I think it helped a lot.

Hope you feel better!

LittleMoonRabbit
04-16-2008, 01:17 PM
If you can, go for a walk. There was a good portion of time there where I was eating a ton of fiber, and my body was out of control. My tummy hurt so bad sometimes I would need to unbutton my pants in the middle of class just to ease the pain. I have noticed if I take a nice leisurely walk, it tends to... um... settle some things within the digestive tract and allows the... um... air to escape freely. :)

sunback
04-16-2008, 01:53 PM
Another friend of mine recommended trying a water pill too, so maybe I'll go get some of those and see if that works. How is that different than just downing a bunch of water? Couldn't I just drink a few big glasses of water and have the same effect? :?:

Taking a walk is a good idea too... If it's not raining after my son's nap maybe we'll go do that.

Thanks ladies!!

laurie525
04-16-2008, 05:43 PM
Taking a walk is a great idea. If you're still feeling bloated, try CharcoCaps. They're made from activated charcoal and are great at relieving gas pressure and bloating.