Old 04-15-2008, 06:52 PM   #1  

Default where I am at.

Ok, so I got all of my WW info (books, points slider, ect.) from a friend who no longer does ww. I started the flex about two weeks ago, and I have a bad feeling I am not doing things correctly.

I have started off by buying smart ones that I eat for dinner and dessert, string cheese, ww bagels, ect.

My weight has gone up.. (I started at 119.6)
I am also on the first day of my cycle though.

For my height, weight, all of the checklist, I am supposed to have 17 points a day (plus the 35 weekly) I have been doing sporadic exercise, but my plan
starts next week of walk/jogging.

Perhaps I am thinking about it too much.
I plan my meals, pack my lunch for work everyday, but I feel like my body is not changing.
I weigh once a week, on Fridays.

Does anybody have any suggestions of how they worked out the kinks the first month, and how they decided what foods they were going to eat?
I just am at a loss, I used to be a die hard South Beacher, but I ended up having to have my gall bladder taken out after losing 25lbs over the course of 6 months, and it scares me to go back to that diet.
My height is 5'1" and my weight is 121.
I am hoping to be back in the range of 108-110 in the next 6 months before my wedding.
Any help would be appreciated.
wwnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:22 PM   #2  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Read your materials about the 8 healthy guidelines, they are essential

Make sure you are drinking enough water and eating enough, you need to eat all your points everyday. If you eat too little your body will store instead of burn fat.

If you're eating packaged food everyday and not getting enough water you could be retaining water, especially if it's your TOM.

Just make sure you are correctly figuring your points and reading labels correctly, sometimes a can or bottle of something may have 2.5 servings when you think it's 1.

Be honest with yourself, love yourself and be patient, if you follow the program it will work.

When you start to regularly exercise and tone up you might find that the number on the scale is ok, if you become the size you want to be.

best of luck, and if you become able, I would suggest trying a meeting, there's a wealth of information and friendship there.

kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:49 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Along with what Keli said, no one goes below 18 points a day. 18 is the bare minimum for base points, then there are the 35 extra.

Also, while it's great to have some WW frozen items on hand for dinners and desserts, it's best not to rely on them solely. They tend to be salty, and often you can make a larger portion with more vegetables if you make it with your own ingredients.

It's only been two weeks, so you'll have to give this a little more time. And if it's your TOM, well I know for me that I retain a TON of water that week, so I end up with a little gain. Could be the same for you, too. Drink water, make sure you're doing some exercise, it should go away shortly.

And keep at it!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote