UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:06 PM   #1  
is about to be slim !!

S/C/G: 170/164.4/147

Height: 5ft 3in

Exclamation Which plan

Any advice.

I am thinking of joining wwatchers online, have looked at slimming world, and closer diet online to.

Not sure which to wondered what your experiences are, I remember my mum doing ww and being hungry?? I know I need o find the right one for me but not sure at mo

ANY IDEAS

Thanks

Amanda xx
AmandaMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:41 PM   #2  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

Have you considered doing your own plan?
Weightwatchers is good from what I know, people seem to easily follow and lose weight with it, but anyone Ive known personally have gained the weight back after they come off it and return to the same pattern that got them intot he trouble in the first place and then some!

My Mum has lost alot of weight with Slimmers world, but gained it all and more.
I lost the weight so fair by following my own plan of calorie counting, Ive been around this weight for about a year now, learning from losing weight before helps me to work out a healthy diet, that I enjoy and keep it the energy of my food that I take in the same and the energy I use over the day. Not saying Im perfect, theres plenty of times Ive fallen off te wagon or over indulged!
You could use something like foodfocus.co.uk to keep track of what you are eating.
Atm Im aiming to lose a bit more so am trying calorie cycling, well I will do once this coursework has been sorted!

Good Luck!
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:18 PM   #3  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

I'm not in the UK, I'm in the Netherlands, but our programme is the same as the UK's.

Personally, I think with any plan you have to make the changes for a lifetime. So if you go to Slimmers World you have to keep going and keep doing everything they say to do to be successful. If you count calories, you will always need to count calories to stay within your range to maintain your weight loss. If you go to Weight Watchers, you will have to maintain that way of life forever to keep the weight off.

When I am following the plan (which I am doing again - yes I gained my weight back but NOT because WW doesn't work, *I* wasn't working the programme when I re-gained), I am very rarely hungry! I personally find counting points easier and less hassle than counting every single calorie I bite into. I can eat whatever I want, whenever I want, I just have to be accoutable to how many points I am allowed each day. I exercise (almost) daily to earn extra points, to spend at the weekend for a lovely glass of wine (or 3!).

I truly believe that the reason I haven't gained MORE weight than I have is because I've gone back to my ways of eating that I learned from Weight Watchers. Only I wasn't working the programme 100%. Now that I am, I'm losing again. I plan on doing this pretty much forever - get the weight off, then maintain the lifestyle. Next time I have a huge disruption in my life, I know I can not turn to food and drink to solve my problems, like I did a couple of years ago.

To sum it up, I would say have a good look at all of the information from all of the plans that could be right for you and make your decision not only based on NOW but also the future. No plan works if you don't change forever.
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 193/187/140

Height: 5ft 4

dont join any of those ,take a look at the jigsaw slimming website and get the best of both worlds ,there are plenty of free foods like slimming world and the variety of weightwatchers .
Ive been doing it for 3 weeks now and have lost 9lbs and never felt hungry or deprived once .
by the way if you do decide to join the handbooks are cheaper on ebay.
dizzydolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 02:35 PM   #5  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

id be tempted to say start your own plan....
i have and havent done too bad for myself....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:30 AM   #6  

I went to WW first but (going back a few years actually) at the time it wasn't very veggie friendly - most of the recipes were of the "for vegetarians leave out the ham/chicken /pork" variety rather than proper veggie things. I was also very hungry and pined for the forbidden foods - sweetcorn I seem to remember was not allowed for the first couple of weeks!
I was hungry and bad tempered. I started getting SW magazine and liked the sound of their recipes and plan - nothing forbidden - you just have to remember to count syns (like WW points). I did lose a fair bit but stopped going and gained of course. I did join again by post but not very satifactory - they are supposed to phone you every week but it wasn't like that. I do try to remember to do it myself but am concentrating on studying at the moment (my pathetic excuse). Ah well. I will try to buy some fruit tomorrow because I have not had any since Sunday!
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote