Old 04-15-2008, 01:04 PM   #1  
mom to 4 girls ~Elizabeth

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Motivation.. what is yours?

So what motivates you? I never struggled with weight before and this is all new to me in the last year. To make a long story short.. it has been a REALLY stressful time but I feel on the other side. Now that the dust has settled, I have an extra bunch of poundage I am lugging around. I have had 4 kids and the lbs have always come off easily. This time I tried to up the exercise (usually works) but made the mistake of cutting my calories to under 1000 a day. I think I screwed up my already messed up metabolism. A friend of mine went through LAWL from our old town and I thought I would give it a try as I was tired of trying everything else. I LOVE the program and as much as it hurts our budget, it is worth it and DH supports me. I am making many sacrifices but am SO happy! I am doing this one for me... maybe that is why it is so easy to stick to plan. I am seeing lbs go.. (7 in a week) and it makes me want it even more. I deserve my old body back and the energy I used to have, no matter what anyone has done to me or what life has brought me. I also want to look good for my man and model good eating and exercise habits for my 4 little girls who used to ask me why I was not eating lunch... (the same reason I don't have a scale is those girls.. i try to measure with my clothes) This is a new start for me and I can't wait to bring the new me for a statement of how I can not only live through ****, I can defeat it! So... what motivates you????......

Last edited by 4princesses; 04-15-2008 at 01:05 PM. Reason: spelling..oops
4princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:31 PM   #2  
Just For Today

S/C/G: 287/170/155

Height: 5' 10"

My kids motivate me quite a bit, also. Just the fact that I'm educating them on eating healthy means the world to me. Seeing the scale go down also motivates me to stay at it and keep on chuggin'. Some other things that motivate me are swimsuit season, class reunions, and seeing the look on my ex-husband's face. LOL
loserjulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I can only stay "motivated" for a few weeks at a time, but I have to stay aware of healthy eating for the rest of my life. I rely on good habits to keep me going.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

One thing that motivates me is desperately wanting to stay in all the new clothes I got to buy last year! And after paying all the money for the tummy tuck, my hubby would shoot me if I messed it up by putting weight back on! LOL
Seriously, I feel better physically at 45 than I did at 30. It sure feels good to be able to go hiking with my 23 year old and keep up! I never would have even attempted to go with him before I started on this weight loss journey! Good luck everybody and keep up the good work!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: S-194/C-182/G-135

Height: 5'3"

Some things that motivate me are getting into smaller clothes, working towards how I used to feel about myself when I looked and felt better, small challenges along the way like losing weight for my birthday or how many pounds can i do this month, and also i have a long term goal of hopefully getting together late this year with some old friends, I'd love to look my old self by then.
betty big bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/165/120

Height: 5'6

Motivation for me is me. I had been an abused wife trying to stay in a marriage cause I thought it was best for my kids. WRONG ANSWER fell into a dpression that took me years to get out of . After the divorce always put my kids needs before my own . Now my boys are grown and heading toward successful lives of thier own and its time for me. I want to live a good healthly life mentally and physically and be able to really enjoy it to the fullest. I am engaged to a wonderful man that treats me like a queen no matter what size I wear (and he is 7 yrs younger)and the more weight I lose the more I feel I deserve to be treated that way. And hey to be honest it makes me feel more secure when younger ladies are checking him out because I know I look good too!
LoisKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:13 AM   #7  
Success Leads to Success

S/C/G: 161.8/161.8/135

Height: 5'4"

The day I joined LAWL I booked a trip to Jamaica for exactly one year from the date I started. I know that once I loose my weight and go through maintenance I have the trip waiting for me and the trip will require bathing suites so weight coming off and staying off is a must
I also look forward to shopping in my own closet – I just want to fit into my old clothes again!
chan is offline   Reply With Quote