Old 04-14-2008, 02:19 PM   #1  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Default Thin4Life - Week of 14 April

My eating was much better over the weekend. It was nice and warm here, too. I got a bunch of cleaning and sewing done. How is everyone?

Jane - Is that college really very far? I remember when I was younger wanting to go to college in CA (my parents are in MA). That would have been far! I ended up going to Berklee in Boston (about 25 minutes away) and then transferred to UMass Lowell (I lived at home then, it was only about 10 minutes away).

Lisa - How was your long weekend? I wish I had one of those I think I'm going to take Friday and Monday off to have a very long weekend coming up!

Melissa - Glad to hear you got things straightened out with the doctor! How long will it take for you to be able to tell if the combo is working? How was that comedy act?

Where has everyone else been lately? Are you all as busy as I've been lately?

Last edited by modkittn; 04-14-2008 at 02:26 PM.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:04 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Lori: Glad to hear the eating is going better; mine on the other hand was terrible on Friday/Saturday with 30 points each day! I'm not sure how long it's going to take for me to start feeling the effects of the med but I know it's going to be at least a couple of weeks. I've been so tired the past 4 days that I've taken naps and gone to bed early. I'm hoping things kick in soon!

The weekend was fun--Friday evening the comedy group was entertaining. At one point though there was someone in the audience who was a little obnoxious and I was getting irritated but overall it was fun. They had some Polish food for tasting (pierogies, kielbasa and some beef stick). After the show DH and I headed to our local brewpub for something light to eat and a beer. I had a great raspberry pale ale and ended up eating things I shouldn't have (fried pickles for one).

The weather here has been nice--sunny & cool but that's okay. The rest of the week is supposed to be warmer with temps getting into the mid to upper 60's.

I'm not sure where everyone is--I figure everyone is so busy they haven't had time to post.
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 04:53 PM   #3  

I was wondering where everyone was too! Maybe it is all the nice weather It has been warm here as well.

Today is going to turn out to be a 32 point day - ouch! But I will get in 5-6 activity points, so that makes it a little better. My target is 22.

Yesterday wasn't as great. I ended up eating lots of food last night. I fought urges all day but I couldn't take it anymore at night. The same thing sort of happened this afternoon. I gave in, but not as much. Not happy about it, but not guilting myself over it too. Its over and I've moved on!

I think one of my big downfalls is not going to the meetings. I haven't been since the beginning of February. I think I need to start going again and weighing in every week as well. I think that will keep me accountable and on track. I'm going to start going back next Monday. Wish me luck
Old 04-15-2008, 08:48 PM   #4  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Height: 5'3"

Good evening, I'm finally here! I am not very good with keeping up with posting every day!

My son's tennis team (well it's not HIS team but you know what I mean!) just beat their cross town rivals!!! My son won all 3 of his sets and then his team won 10-8 overall. It was fun (for us, I guess!)

Lori-You are right, Arizona State is really not THAT far, 5-6 hours driving time (and it's not like he'd want me to be dropping in to visit all the time no matter how close he was!). I'm just being dramatic! He's my last one to leave home.

Melissa-Hope your meds kick in soon for you. It's so hard for me to drink any alcohol and not eat. When I know I'm going to drink I have to really plan my food and then I'm successful about 50% of the time

I think I need to start eating less pts. every day. I usually eat 30 every day (my 24 maintenance pts. 2 AP and usually 5 FP). I'm probably overdoing it though. Although I do need that many when I work 15 hour days but that is usually only once a week.

Ok, gotta run. I really need some sleep. Hope everyone has a good week and I'm really going to try to drop in EVERY day Jane
greatchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:29 AM   #5  

Lori: I know the meetings are good for me because it does keep me accountable and I enjoy the interaction; it has become a habit for me to go every Wednesday and anyone who knows me knows that at noon on Wednesday I'm not available and I don't usually deviate from it. It's way too important for me. I'm still hankering for some french fries from our little snack bar area and may succumb to those later in the week. I have learned that I can eat about half of what they give me and toss the rest out.

Jane: It's always exciting to be on the winning side especially when it's a cross-town rivalry. Even with maintenance I don't usually eat more than 23 because I'm not that active and my weight will start to creep. The meds seem to be kicking in because this morning I woke up and wasn't exhausted nor was my body aching so that was a really good sign.

The weather here has been great--it's sunny again this morning and the temp is slowly creeping upward and from what the forecasters are saying we should be in the mid 60's today and the high 60's, low 70's on Friday. I love this time of year with the trees budding and the flowers making their appearance.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:41 AM   #6  

Looks like a lot of us have been eating too much recently. I've decided that I really liked the points range better. I'm going to go back to that. I miss it! I never felt guilty about varying the number of points I ate in a day on that plan.

I ate too much again last night. I think I was at 32 points and I also didn't make it to the gym I've discovered the reason for that. Unless I go to the gym within 1 hour of getting home, I won't go. I'll eat dinner and then I'll feel too full to go and by the time I feel OK then its late and I start making excuses. So I brought my sneakers and clothes with me to work today and I'm going to stop at the gym on the way home.

Jane - I think my mom had a heart attack when she found out I was accepting a job in RI after college. It was almost a 2 hour drive when I first moved here. Now its 1.5 because I moved cities, further from work. But my parents never leave the house. They have a home business and someone has to be there 24/7/365. So I am the one who always has to drive up there. My mom has come down a couple of times, and my dad too but separately. I really wish they could come down together, but their business just doesn't allow it.

Melissa - I used to go to meetings every Monday night. But then when I joined the gym, my gym days here Mon, Wed, Fri, and Sat and I stopped going to WW on Mondays. I tried to go on Saturdays or Sundays, but I didn't really know the people and all that... you know it wasn't as comfortable. So thats why I chose to go back next Monday. I know if I see familiar faces it will make it easier to keep going back.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:35 PM   #7  

Lori: I remember using the range as well--you could "bank" your points if you didn't use them. It's hard to stick to one target but for some people I think it works well. I know one of the reasons I enjoy my meeting is seeing the same faces each week--it does take the stress out of it. I've met some really nice people at my meeting and have even made a few more friends.

The meeting went well today--our sub is lively so that really helps. She won't be there next week because she'll be on vacation but after that she'll be our "permanent sub" until our regular leader comes back.

I stayed the same this week and I'm okay with that--with all the swelling in my ankles/feet I'm just glad it's not up! I'm hoping next week will be better and that I'm down a little. I'm still getting in my activity and if I can get my eating under control a little more I should be fine.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:14 AM   #8  

Yesterday was pretty good for me as far as eating, and I ended up going to the gym for about 1/2 hour. I had to go to the doctor though, and it turns out I still have a double ear infection. Yikes. They've been around now for about a month. I'm on another antibiotic, ear drops with prednisone, and a decongestant. I hope it helps because if it doesn't I have to go to the ENT doc and he will put tubes into my inner ear to drain them out... and they stay in for a month. Plus they have to go through your ear drum. It heals, but it could scar and they don't like to do it in adults if they don't have to because of the possible scarring. It can lead to more hearing loss later on in life.

Melissa - Way to go on the maintenance. It must be hard trying to lose with all the medication switch-ups you are going through.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:12 PM   #9  

Lori: DS #2 is still fighting with the double ear infection he had from back in February. He has another appointment with the ENT on April 29th for allergy testing. He's been on an allergy nose spray and it's helped quite a bit. I hope you get yours cleared up without having to have the ear tubes put in. DS #1 had them when he was 13.

I was happy to stay the same especially since I've been soooo tired! I did get out for a walk today at lunch--it's a balmy 75! It was definitely warm in the sun. The trees and bushes are all budding out--this time of year is so pretty!

Lisa: Hope all is well with you.

Tanya: The new job must be keeping you really busy.

Hi to everyone else!
Old 04-17-2008, 08:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 175/in progress/140

Height: 5'7'

Hi again (after a long absence)! I think about you all often, but have just been so darn busy lately! Work has really been sucking up my free time, plus I have a cello recital coming up and have been trying to practice more. I just started lessons in January, so I don't want to totally embarrass myself! Weather here on the Texas gulf coast has been fabulous! Probably one of the best spring weeks that I can even remember. I've been trying to get out a little bit just so I don't miss it all! My weight seems to have evened out a bit lately - not such big ups and downs. I'm starting to stay around most of the week. For a while it was fluctuating 5-6# over the week.

Don't have time for a long post, but send big hello's to you all! - Theresa
GrammaKnits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:42 PM   #11  

Height: 6'0"

I'm back from Cincinnati. I went to a national conference for my professional group. It was cold there at first--glad I brought my winter gear. I started off on a bad note--laryngitis. That was so much fun--couldn't talk, not even a squeak. Then as the week went on, I had a full-blown cold. My GF that went with me was also sick and had a sinus infection. We spent more time at the CVS (drug store) than at the conference!! Today I feel more human. I was so upset last Sunday because I was supposed to sing a solo at church and had to bow out.

Well, I must say that food-wise, I am out of control again. It started with the wedding in Canada two weeks ago--ate and drank too much. Then I went to this conference--ate and drank too much. I was even drinking these fancy martinis--not my usual. Argh! Yesterday was my birthday, so DH took me to The Melting Pot (lots of food). Needless to say, I'm ready to get back on track (had to wear my fat pants today). : (

Lori, I'm glad you're doing better and that you're going to meetings--may help.

Melissa, I hope your meds start helping you soon. I know that taking naps and being tired are not normal for you. You're an active person.

Teresa, You're usually so strong and staying OP. You said you've been fluctuating 5#? I'm afraid that will be my gain this time.

Hello to Pam, Susan, Tanya et al
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 01:16 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 200.6/174.4/150

Height: 5'6

Hi Ladies!!

Sorry I have been horrible about posting lately. I can't say that I'm too busy, because although I do have a lot going on, I know that you are all busy too and have still set aside time to post. I have missed all of you.

Happy Birthday Lisa!! How was The Melting Pot? I have heard mixed reviews. How was Canada? I have heard that is is just beautiful, but I have never been.

Lori,
Have you been feeling better? I am sorry that you are still having some ENT issue. I actually have Strep throat and an ear infection right now also?! I havn't had Strep since I was 12 and this is actually my first ear infection ever... according to my mom. It's so odd, but I just came down w. a temp of 104 this past weekend and by Thursday I was still in a lot of pain so I went to my PCP and was shocked to find out that I had such a bad infection. I really thought she was going to say "suck it up, it's a sinus infection" and chalk it up to the changing weather. I am on amoxycillin and feeling much better. I can't imagine begin in so much pain for weeks and weeks though, how are you dealing? I was ready to cry after just shy of a week, and I am pretty resilient when it comes to pain and/or being sick.

Melissa,Like I said, I haven't caught up on postings yet, but it looks like you have had some issues w. your medications. I hope everything is resolved soon. That is great that you maintained this week!! That is almost impossible when your body is making such tough adjustments. You should be proud of yourself. Polish foods sound sooooo yummy!

Jane, Yay for your son and his tennis team! You must really enjoy getting out and watching him play. I have never picked up a tennis racket, but it looks like a lot of fun and it's great exercise as well. My sister went to ASU and lived in Tempe and Scottsdale for 5 yrs! I went to visit her and LOVED it. It's so beautiful out there, but too hot for me. It was very far for her considering we live in Boston and no one in our family had gone out of state for College. My mom went out w. her when she started to get her settled into the dorms and then she visited a couple times, but my dad never went out. He hates to fly and as only been on a airplane twice in his life. She flew home for the summers and for Christmas and maybe one other time each year, but I always envied her for her independence. I went to Northeastern and now I am in nursing classes at a nearby school. My DH and I lived in KY for almost 2 years and I loved it but hated being so far away from my family. I am soooooo close w. my mom and sisters, I don't think it's in me to stay away for very long. You have every right to be sad that your son will be so far away. We all deal w. these things differently. My DH joined the USMC when he was 18 and lived in NC for 8 yrs, his parents are in NH. His mom always had a hard time w. it but he was fine. Just think if he does go to ASU, you will always have an excuse to go visit and when you do I [B]recommend taking a trip up to Sedona for a spa day.

I am jealous of the weather down there Theresa, although I can't complain -- It has been beautiful here in N.E the past few weeks. Tomorrow is the Patriots Day parade in Lexington Center and I am excited. Jackson will have a blast and last years was canceled due to rain and the kids were all so upset. It's also marathon Monday, but we have always stuck around for Paul Revere's ride and the parade. The kids have more fun and there are lots of activities for them. They have the reenactment in the morning (very early -- like 4am) and then they have a pancake breakfast and the young kids have a small parade in the morning. Then the big parade is at 2pm. We usually go down around noon and settle in our usual seat on Massachusetts Ave. Hopefully I can resist all the sausages and fried dough.

Work is great. I really love it, and it's just mon-wed-fri so I have been able to continue going to the gym at least 4 days a week. I have also been walking outside pretty much every day. We have a neighborhood full of circles so it's perfect for walking. I have been loosing little by little each week so I am know down 24# and I am hoping to hit 25# this week at my Thursday WW meeting. I am really into chickpeas lately and I have been eating a ton of salad and lots of beans and fruit. It's finally getting easier and I am really enjoying the foods I am eating so that helps a lot. I hope this momentum keeps going through Spring!!

Jackson is having surgery for a blocked urethra on Friday and I have been stressing over that for a few days now. I know it's minor and he really needs this procedure and he will be fine, but he is still my baby and I am still worried. I am going to make a big deal and get some balloons and some JELLO and ice-cream and a stuffed animal and make a nice big bed on the couch for him to recover on. I took the day of and we are going to snuggle up w. him and watch movies on the couch.
tanya1979 is offline   Reply With Quote