Old 04-14-2008, 07:38 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default 30 Something Chat Mon. Apr 14th

Good morning all.

Got a good night's sleep last night for the first itme in days. However, Frankie is still feeling crummy. He hasn't eaten anything. I am trying to force Gatorade, and he is saying he is sooo thirsty, but his belly feels funny. I'm praying that another ER trip is not in my future today.

Thanks for all the well wishes. It's tough being a mom sometimes, watching your kiddos suffer, isn't it?? Oh, well, this too shall pass. On another note, Gracie is still in the hospital & is supposed to be getting her endoscopy today, I think. I have to call my brother,been kind of out of the loop the last few days.

Lauren, hope you had a good night with the pup last night. Come up with a name yet??

I gotta go get some more coffee. Didn't get my 5k in , but i'm gonna shoot for it one day this week. I was jusst too tired last night.

Hope everyone has a lovely day today. I need to get some laundry done, do some cleaning, and get an 8 year old boy to drink a bottle of Gatorade (which he hates). Wish me luck!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all..i too had a great night sleep. Today i'm of again (2 days in a row..yipee!). I actually am going to a personal training session in about 20 min. I also spent yesterday finding a new pair of sneakers (finally got some). So now i'm set. It got cold here today...didn't want to get out of bed. Later today, I have my first chiropracter apt....should be good. So today, I'm feeling good.

pam- hope your son gets better. Hang in there..

hey to everyone else
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:39 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6

Patricia, enjoy your day off. Have you ever been to a chiropractor before? If not, just know that you may be sore after the adjustment...this afternoon or tomorrow. It's very common. I worked for a chiro for 13 years...great stuff.

Guess what?? Cadence woke up about a half hour ago and THREW UP!!! woo hoo!! TWO kids sick...am I lucky or what?? (I think I'm starting to lose it...)
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:16 AM   #4  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning chickies. I've been industrious this AM. I changed all the beds, made ate and cleaned up breakfast, swept the floors and put the first load of laundry in. Whew. I deserve a few minutes to hang out with the chicks! LOL.

GG: I hope the chiro appt goes well for you and that your back feels better afterwards. Enjoy your day off!

Pam: Oh no! Luckily the bug only hit the baby here. I'd be crazy if they were both sick. They fight over sitting in my lap now. I can just imagine how awful it would be to have them both throwing up on me.

Have a great Monday!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:03 AM   #5  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Morning everyone!

Pam, that stinks. It is hard to see them not feeling well. Now both, always happens here that way too.

GG, how did your soup turn out? Enjoy your day off.

Karen, you have been busy this am, hope your little one is feeling better.

Trish, I'll be thinking of you today and hoping the appt goes well for you!

I had a wierd night. Wish I could say I slept well. We heard a noise in the basement, then I remembered that DH didn't shut the garage, even though I reminded him 5 times. I would of done it myslef but the 4wheeler was in the way. Anyways, was just some boxes that fell over, but it still freaked me out. I also think DH is sick, I think it's his asthma. But he doesn't want to hear about it. He breathed heavy in my ear all night like he was out of breath.

I think I'm going to make a chicken soup or some chicken n' dumplins tonight. I started cleaning this am. I didn't get any done during spring break, so it's pretty bad.

Hope all are having a good Monday.
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Mornin' Chicksters...

Pam ~ Oh No! Two for the price of one... In this instance, that isn't a good deal. I hope that Frankie is on the mend and Cadence's illness is shortlived. Did the doctor recommend Gatorade? My kids don't like it either. I usually give them 7UP when they're sick. It's not healthy but they like the taste.

GG ~ what kind of sneakers did you buy? I'm in need of a new pair and I'm undecided on what kind to buy. I always wear New Balance but the last pair that I bought have never felt right. Any suggestions?

Karen ~ Go SpeedRacer! I love starting off a morning that way. Starting off a Monday morning that way though is especially sweeeeeet. Have a great day.

Hi Alicia ~ Your family must love chicken n dumplings as you're always cooking up a pot of them. Too bad that my DH isn't closer:-(. Poor Guy loves them but I don't so I never fix them. Someone told me that you can buy a canned kind that isn't bad? I should pick up a can for him one of these days. LOL at your being nervous at the garage door being left open. I can sooooo relate. We shut ours as soon as we walk in the house.

Trish ~ You're in my thoughts today too. I hope that all goes well with the doctor appointment and he is able to give you some answers or at least point you in the right direction.

We had an incredibly busy weekend and I am soooooo tired this morning. I woke up early to exercise but immediately set the alarm for an hour later. The house is a mess and I have a mornings worth of errands to run. I just want to go crawl back into bed... Fat chance of that happening so I better get moving. Have a great day everyone ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 224/207.5/130

Height: 5'2"

Morning!
My legs are STILL sore from my class on Friday. Just the one big outer muscle on my thighs (not sure what it's called). Obvioulsy those muscles haven't been used in a while. I will be back at the gym today on the treadmill and doing some weights. I was a VERY bad girl on the weekend. I went out with a friend that I hadn't been out with in a while. We were going for a COUPLE of drinks and then I was coming home. Left the house at 8:00 pm...home at 6:00 AM on SUNDAY!!! We ended up going to someone's house after bar and well...time just flies when you are having fun. Mostly we were laughing at this guys singing and doing the splits every chance he got..yes ladies a grown man (not in any sort of shape at all) with a beer belly doing the splits! My stomach hurt from laughing so much. Thank GOODNESS DH is understanding..he was a little upset that I was gone so long. I haven't done that since I was in my 20's!
Skinny Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:55 PM   #8  

pam: you poor momma!...2 kids...hopefully cadence will get better faster than frankie has...poor little ones... it seems like frankie has been sick for too long!...get some rest yourself too!...let us know your update on gracie...your in my thoughts

gg: it got cold here today...dropping about 20 degrees from yesterday and saturday!..whats up with all this crazy weather???..what kind of shoes did you get?..i need to get a new pair too...have a great day

karen: wow!..you are industrious this morning...wanna fly to my house?..have a great one

alicia: isnt that just like men...they can get through any sickness without seeing the doc?..mario is the same way..drives me nuts sometimes!...chicken n dumplings sounds yummy!..i love them and have never cooked them

joan: i need new shoes too..im leaning towards getting another pair of nike shox..i have the thing on my ipod to use in my shox+..i really like them and i need a new pair but they are sooooo expensive...i just dont know for my next pair...campbells chunky has a chicken and dumplings that isnt too bad..i have had the individual one before a couple times

skinny: sounds like you had a great time...its needed to just hang with the girls once in a while...i would have loved to see a beer belly man doing the splits...i probably would have lost my drink!..too funny..glad you had fun!

i weighed yesterday...im the same...just maintained..i just need to lose 10 pounds..i need to do something different not sure what..any suggestions..i jsut need to kick start everything quickly...last 10 then im happy...i think!...i hope everyone has a wonderful day..and everyones sick ones get better really soon!..take care ill check in later!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:20 PM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

Skinny, how fun! DH would have a fit if I stayed out all night!! Hope the muscles are feeling better soon!

Joan, thanks, now I'll be singing th Speed Racer theme song all afternoon!

Alicia, that's scary! I hate when I hear random noises like that! Glad it was nothing.

Karen, thanks for the offer of the run. He's actually very good outside and doesn't run away. He doesn't like to walk on the pavement either! He's getting lots of exercise chasing Peter around the property!

Pam, Oh no!! I sure hope Cadence and Frankie are doing better soon!

GG, enjoy your day off! Hope all goes well at the chiropractor.

Pup's name is Eli...after Eli Manning of the Giants. He loves the Giants rug that's in front of the fireplace, and DH wanted to name him Strahan, but I didn't think it sounded like a dog's name, so we agreed on Eli.

Going to post some new pics up top!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:45 PM   #10  

wow...busy morning. DH and i ran errands this am. My apt isn't until 5 but i'm looking forward to it.
The soup i made last night turned out excellent. I will post it later tonight.
pam-sorr about 2 sick..hope ou don't totally loose your mind. And thanks for the warning..this is my first apt..but i had a feeling it may happen that way.
joan- i bought ascis. I actually went to a place called "fleet feet" . the people there really helped me out. I suggest going to a running shoe store or a place where people are knowledgable. Even if you are not a runner and need walking shoes..they still can do a gait analysis. I started recently rolling my ankle in so i have to get a mid stabilizer to help control that. In addition, i believe in paying for good shoes. I spent 95$ on my sneaks yesterday...but i figure its well worth it. Good luck...you need to find a place that can fit you properly so the shoe isn't too tight etc.
hey to everyone else...i have a feeling i'll be sore tomorrow..my PT really kicked my butt in a good way today.
alright...offf to do a few more errands...got to get some stuff for the pony...too bad its raining today otherwise i'd go out and ride.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:52 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

GG ~ thanks for the advice. I always go directly to the New Balance store. They're great there about, obviously, all they sell is NB. There's a Fleet Feet fairly close to us so I'll check it out. Have a great afternoon off ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:53 PM   #12  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Joan, I never liked the dumplins either. I got a recipe from Rachael Ray because DH requested, its fast and yummy. Much better home made. I bought a new pair of Nike's and they hurt my ankle. I wear an old pair of Avia's to walk and they are nice and comfy.

Christina, wish I had some advice, I keep gaining and losing the same weight, over and over.

Pam, growing up, my grandparents use to make me drink ginger ale when I was sick.

Lauren, I love the pic with the water bowl, ELI is a Ham for the camera!

GG, what is a gait analysis?
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 04:17 PM   #13  

lois - gait analysis is where a person watched you run/walk and watches the way you move. It helps determine if you roll your ankles out, in or stay neutral. They have different shoes to help with each problem. I find it really helps for running, but also for walking. Also, they are good about finding if the shoe is too short or narrow. I find if the shoe is tight my feet fall asleep. I tried a few nike's yesterday but couldn't find one wide enough.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:44 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Hi everyone! It sounds like you are all having busy Mondays...

DS and I finally got outside again with the stroller! I think spring is finally here.

Have a great night.
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:04 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Hey Chickies!

Well I'm back from the Dr. , they think it might be my thyroid. I had blood drawn so they're gonna do a complete workup on that and I have to go have a thyroid ultrasound. I had several other tests done today to rule out some other things but they're not pretty and we're not gonna talk about it.

Alicia, sorry I didn't answer you about the bike, no it doesn't take up much room, I put it in the LR in front of the fireplace and I can read while I ride, I can watch tv, no excuses not to move.

I definitely have to agree with GG, no matter who it is if you plan to workout and be pounding on your feet you need good shoes and they need to fit you correctly. I have flat feet and I roll my feet to the outside and just any shoe won't work, it causes extra stress and pain on my body. Now who needs that. Go somewhere they can fit you to a shoe.

Lauren, I like "Eli", I would like "Payton" better but for some reason I'm biased.

Skinny, girls night out, sometimes a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.

Pam, thats not even funny, two sick kids at once. I had a couple and the hubby sick with strep at one time. You're gonna need a vacation when they're better, by yourself that is. Gracie, still in my prayers.

Alicia, hey I know you asked me bout the pumpkin muffin recipe I posted a while back and the amount of sugar that was in them, I finally got around to making them this weekend with Splenda and they came out great. My kids said they actually liked them better that way, I think its cause you can taste the pumpkin a little better and the spices. I always put in extra pumpkin and spice though. So, if that helps you decide whether or not to try them. I'm notorious for not closing the garage doors or locking any door for that matter, drives my DH nuts! Glad it was nothing.

Joan, Alicia, and everyone else thanks for the well wishes, I'll let you know when the results get back if I actually have a problem or if I'm just CRAZY

Well, I'm starving and its past dinner time so I better hop to it or forfeit suppa. Chat with ya'll tomorrow, hope everyone has a quiet night.

Trish

Last edited by CCmomof5; 04-14-2008 at 08:05 PM.
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote