Support Groups - Where's My 70's show gang ?????

View Full Version : Where's My 70's show gang ?????

2Bthinagain
04-12-2008, 01:48 PM
Hi girls ! I haven't been here for a LONG time :(
Just logged in and saw a thread from FEBRUARY for that 70's show group.

Is the group officially over?? Did all of you drop 70 pounds??? :cp:

Guess I'll have to join a new club? :cry:
Please tell me some of you are still out there? Even if you reached your goal please please check in and let me know how you are.

Sorry I've been MIA for a long time. A million things going on, no excuse I know. Just spread too thin with life and the family/kids...I'm a little more organized this week so I thought it was time for a Slim Fast as well as to check in with each of you.

Take care!
:)

2Bthinagain
04-12-2008, 11:12 PM
Okay just posting to any newbies out there -- this club started early last fall (I think?) ...and there had been a group of us that wanted drop about 70 pounds (give or take)...
If anyone out there would like to join, I'd love to hear from you!!

SunshineRunner
04-18-2008, 10:56 PM
2BThin - I don't know what happened to the group - everyone disappeared, so I jumped off the bandwagon here too!!! Glad to see you back!!! Let's get this thread going full steam again - I miss everyone here!!!!

I'm doing well...holding at 60lbs lost....but still working out 5 nights a week and eating well...damn plateaus! In any case, I've ramped up my running and am now doing a 5k on M/W/F nights on the treadmill at the gym...tonight I ran all but a tenth of the 3.1 miles (needed a water break) and came in at 33:04 = 10:39/mile - I'm so happy with this!!! Can't wait to better my times!!

lucky
04-21-2008, 04:01 PM
I'd love to join you guys, if you don't mind. I've been away from 3fc for a while, need to get back on track, but have had a hard time finding a fit this time around.

Having lost 80 pounds, I reached my goal weight of 135 about three years ago. I kept the weight off for more than a year and couldn't have been happier. But, then all of my kids started school and I took on a part-time job. I didn't change my eating habits much but did find myself eating the odd lunch out here and there and not planning like I once had, both of which I know contributed to my regaining 40 pounds. But the big difference has been that I went from working out twice a day and chasing three kids in between to literally sitting in an office chair for 6 hours a day. Even though it has taken two years, it seems like the weight just creeped up on me.

So, now, the season has changed and I'm faced with the realization that my warm weather clothes don't fit anymore. I'm also trying to find the right balance to lose weight again as I simply can't commit to the same amount of time to working out as I once did. But, where there is a will there is a way. Right now, I am toying with my calorie intake and trying and trying to create opportunity for exercise. Just because I'm sitting for much of the day doesn't mean that I have to JUST sit. I've taken resistance bands to work to use while I weed through emails and make a point to find a reason to walk around the building. I'm trying to duplicate as closley as I can the same level of activity I had when I was at home with my children. And, I probably will just have to accept that until they are older I won't have 2 - two hour blocks of time to go the gym for intense workouts (Did I REALLY ever workout FOUR hours a day?:dizzy:). I CAN carve out thirty minutes 3 or 4 times a day to exercise and really rev up the exercise on the weekends, though. I tend to have an all or nothing attitude and so I have to remind myself that every little bit counts.

The funny thing is that I can remember being 214 pounds and reading comments from people who had "just" 40 pounds to lose and thinking what I would give to be THAT close to my goal. And here I am. Again. It is a lot more daunting than I remember. :( I don't think of myself as needing to lose "just" 40 pounds. To me, this is just the second half of the original 80, if that makes sense. With that said, I feel like this group might just be the one I need. I look forward to getting to know the existing memebers and any new ones!

2Bthinagain
04-22-2008, 08:51 AM
Gator - OMG, 60 pounds GONE FOREVER! And running so well! You must be so proud! Makes me feel good to know one of our own has a great success story. Congratulations and keep up the good work!!! Remind me how long it took you to lose the 60 pounds? I know I started the club a long time ago but am still basically hovering at the same weight.
We are going to Disney in the fall and that is my push now to get back on track. You will be my inspiration and motivation!!!!!:)

Lucky - I'm so glad you have joined That 70's Show -- I have little kids still at home. ages 6 and 4. Our 6 yr old is in half day kindergarten. It's funny when I see skinny moms who say they are thin because of chasing the kids all day, I chase mine all day and play with them all the time but still can't drop my weight. A little background on myself so you know who we all are and where we came from -- I was thin my entire life. 105 in high school, 115 as college graduate, then 130 when I got married. I had 2 kids in 2 yrs, and 2 miscarriages. Both of my kids only went to 33 weeks. So I was never even 9 months pregnant!
I gained about 45 with my first and perhaps the same with our 2nd. Now and then I seem to lose 20 pounds, but it always comes back.
I have not been below 190 in 2 years. Right now I'm at 213...down 7 since I'm back on the diet.
I am hoping to hit 200 by Memorial Day, and I know what you mean about thinking 40 pounds from goal weight is great -- be glad you are closer than I am to your goal weight!
Good for you for working out while at work and trying to burn those extra calories.
Please check in with us often and hopefully we can get this board going again!

lucky
04-22-2008, 04:53 PM
Thank you for the welcome, 2B. It sounds like we are cut from the same cloth! Although I've always stuggled with my weight, I haven't always been obese. I'm only 5 foot 2 and so what I thought was "fat" through high school and college was really more like not being tall enough to ever be super thin like so many other people I knew were. I've come to terms with that though and think I have a pretty healthy sense for where I need to be. And these days, health comes before vanity (but vanity is still a definate factor!;)). We have three children. Our oldest sone is 9 and we have twins that are 7. However, like you, I've had some tragic pregnancies...our first son was born prematurely and didn't survive and we have a daughter that was still born. Both pregnancies were at the 6 month mark and so I had plenty of time to add pregnancy weight and stretch out my stomach. I had a tummy tuck last summer to not only celebrate my weight loss but also get rid of my "twin skin" once and for all. It looks great, but I am kicking myself for letting this extra 40 pounds pile on. With that said, it has been a great motivator...all I can imagine is if the tummy tuck makes this big of a difference at 170 (I was around 150 when I had the surgery) pounds, how awesome will it be when I get back to 135. I'm guessing pretty freaking awesome!

So, I started at a couple of weeks ago in the 176 range (the battery in my scale was about to go and so it may have been off a pound or two up or down). And, today, my offical weigh in day I'm at 170.8. So, I'm making progress and am feeling very in control of things right now. I count calories and try to average 1500 per day. I prefer to cycle them and so I look at my intake over the course of a week. I'm still trying to figure out what my exercise program will be. Right now, I'm walking and adding more activity in general. I'm not really interested in joining a gym again. But, I have a friend who has taught gymnastics for years and is a certified personal traininer (and has a body to die for too - but don't tell my DH that I said so1 :devil:). He swears I can get all of the resistance training I need at home with little or no equipment (weights were really the only reason I ever went to the gym anyway). He's going to put a plan together for me and we'll work out together for a couple of weeks. Then when I'm ready, he'll make a new plan for me and we'll start all over. He's already talked me through a couple of moves over the phone and if they are any indication his plan will probably be more effective than me just rambling through the gym circuit anyway.

My sister and I are going to Las Vegas for a concert in August and that will be my long term motivator. I don't like to set date goals because who knows what my body will do between now and then...but I do want to get on that plane knowing I look and feel the best that I can and have done all in my power to get as far as possible weight wise. But, hey, if I can swing 40 pounds by then you won't hear me complaining either! :)

2Bthinagain
04-22-2008, 07:35 PM
Lucky - sounds like you are in the right mind set now and once you get back down you'll stay there. How cool that you have a friend who is a personal trainer. If you have any tips of things to do at home, please let me know. I tried joining a gym all of last year, but I was leaving to check on the kids in the child watch area, and it was always crowded - mid day and early morning, and I hated it when it was crowded.
Right now I'm trying to walk more.
I am so painfully sorry about your babies. Ours were premature and we know how lucky we are. When people ask if we'll shoot for #3 they just don't understand. I can't stand in a NICU one more time, I just can't do it. Plus when our youngest was born it was an emergency Csection at 33 weeks and they actuall told me that I might die. ???? Who would want another pregnancy and risk anything? Anyway, my heart breaks for your loss.

As for the weight, of course I have so much more to lose than you do. I am at 5'6.
Long time ago I heard you should count 100 pounds for your first 5 feet and 5 pounds for each inch after that. So I guess I should be at 135ish.
In my dreams.
I'd love to hear more about your tummy tuck.
Were you asleep? That is my greatest fear -- dying while under ---
I want a breast reduction & lift but know of people who died during that procedure. A tummy tuck would be so cool. But don't know how the procedure works or how dangerous it is.
Freaks me out to think my kids could grow up without a mom..and to explain to friends "well she went in for a tummy tuck and never came back".
My aunts best friend went in for breast reduction/lift, and never came back. It was a surprise for her husband who was out of town. Can you imagine how freaked he was???
I know it's not good to set date goals -- but at the same time it's a little motivation. I want to feel better and be healthier in general of course, but also when I'm walking around Disney all day for 8 days, I don't want to carry this extra weight. I am hoping to break 170 by that point, which is a LONG LONG LONG way away.
If I hit the goal of 200 by Memorial Day, and drop 10 pounds a month I think I'll be where I want for vacation....then keep working more after vacation.
Feel free to PM me any time so we don't hog up the boards.

GATOR -- you'd better come back soon. Did you post any success story photos yet???? Where IS everyone else?

overit
04-23-2008, 07:56 AM
I thought I posted here before, but maybe I started and got pulled away. Anyway, I would really like to join this group.

Here is my background: I am 32 years old. I am 5'11" so I am looking to get to 160-165, which is a good weight for me (or at least years ago). I was that weight when I got married back in 2000. I was working out to look good for the wedding. After the wedding, I quit working out and it was all down hill from there. I have two children 5 and 2, I put about 50 lbs on with each pregnancy. I had two miscarriages in between and put some weight on with each of those. I worked out and got down to 204 and moved out of country and quit working out and put 30+ back on. I am going to be moving back to the US in November and want to look good, I don't necessarily have to be at goal but I want to be well below 200.

I love to exercise and now that I am exercising, I feel great about it. I am going to be meeting with a trainer and she seems to be very good and thorough. My eating can just get away with me in the day. I don't know if I am restricting myself on foods or am not getting enough calories because I just feel like I am starving at times.

So I am here with you ladies on this journey and hope to stay till the end. Good luck everyone.

SunshineRunner
04-23-2008, 09:18 AM
Okay - here is my story - to update and let the newbies in on it - I am 26, oops, I forgot, I've been 27 for over 6 months now...gosh....okay...I'm 5'8" and am currently fluctuating between 167-169lbs. I started my new life on September 23, 2007 (I know it says I have been a member since 2003....but I only checked in once and wasn't serious about losing weight back then. My life history has always been that I was thin...I was actually anorexic in high school....was down to 108lbs at my height :X Wow! That was a crazy time. In any case, I got healthier...and managed to get a bit too healthy in my first couple of years in college. Managed to get my act together about 2000-2001 when I started using the *FREE* college gym (Go Gators!!!) and was working out 5-6 nights/week for about 2 hours/night. I enjoyed it immensely....then I met my boyfriend. Ugh. The downfall came due to major eating differences. Seriously....I didn't even eat meat when I met him (not so easy for my tummy to digest at that time in my life....much easier after years of shoveling it down now!) however...I don't think you realize how good a cheeseburger smells when you are eating rice and beans. Wow....serious overload on the junk food with him....and I moved off campus and it was difficult to get to the gym and spend time with the new b/f...so that went out the window completely. I'm not sure how fat I was when I left college, but I'm fairly certain it was around 185-190....and it wasn't pretty. I moved south to West Palm Beach area and continued to eat junk and not exercise (still with same b/f) and I know my highest when I left that town (almost 2 years ago) was 227lbs...which fluctuated up and down over the next 6 months-1 year that I was living back in my hometown (where I happily live now!)....Well, mom (at my asking) paid for the first 3 months of a gym membership for me as a Christmas present....but I knew I didn't want to be one of those New Years Resolution failures....so I joined in May 2007....lost 3lbs. between then and September 23rd (going 2-3 days/week)...however, during that time at the gym...I did not change my eating habits at all.....

It was Sunday, September 23rd. I decided to make a late night trip to Walmart and purchase Slim Fast. I know it's not for everyone...but I needed something easy and a bit structured. I found 3fc again and started going to the gym 3-4 nights/week. It wasn't easy. But...the 3fc message boards gave me tons of inspiration and helped me find new ideas that work for me. I find new foods all the time....it also helped me find out that having a high fiber diet, low sodium is what has worked for me. Once I got my diet straightened out....the lbs. melted away. I haven't been working so hard since March...when I hit 167...basically because I've got a lot going on in life...and am sorta ready for a break. I have 12lbs to go to reach my goal...although I feel like I may actually want to get down to 145 eventually...I'm back at working hard to reach my goal and would like to lose a few lbs each month for the next few months to get there....but basically, I lost 60lbs over the course of 5-6 months. I feel so much better with myself....ahhhhhh.....and I'll get some photos up here for you guys when I get home from work......

2bthin - Haha - I forgot to check in again - I just recall you taking a few days to check back (before), so I figured I'd give it a few....surprise!! I can't believe how much activity is going on here in just a couple days. Thanks so much for starting this forum back up. Disney is going to be great fun for you - I know it well considering I grew up here (just 2 hours south of Disney)....and have gone many many times in my life...where are you coming from? Maybe we can set up a *healthy* lunch date while you are in the area. :)

Lucky - Wow - I thought i exercised a lot - back when you were doing 4 hours a day...wow...I can't imagine it - but then I know that whole "All or nothing attitude" all too well...unfortunately it can be my downfall at times. Of course, I've never really attempted to lose weight like I am now....so I'm hoping this is a one time (albeit lifetime) investment. I hope to make a fully healthy life and not ever turn around from it. Oh...I have never truly cycled my calories (I'm at 1400/day) but am honestly thinking about doing it. I currently use thedailyplate.com to record my calories....but found a calorie cycle calculator somewhere and am hoping that will help me with these last few lbs.

Overit - I love exercise too...I rarely miss a day (except for special occassions or illness) and honestly have days where I'm just waiting for 7:30pm to come along (the time I always go to the gym) so that I can get my run on. I also lift weights 3-4 nights/week. Unfortunately I can't go tonight because I promised my mother that I'd attend an event that she was going to be in...she attended all mine growing up, so it's kinda hard to say no when she asks for my attendance :)

Okay...my hands are really thinking about cramping up for all the typing I just did.....so I swear I'll check back more often....let's keep this show going!!
~A

2Bthinagain
04-23-2008, 07:36 PM
Gator - I'm trying Slim Fast - one in the morning and one for dinner, around lunch time I'm trying a lean cuisine or something. I miss my chocolate very very much. And my soda.
Can you share some recipes with me? You are so much younger than me, and I think it's so cool that you are finding healthy recipes now that work for you.
I think at my age it's just harder to give up. (Excuse I know).
Anyway any recipes you might have - or lunch ideas, snack ideas, etc.
I also think it's cool that you remember the date that you changed your ways. 60 lbs in 5-6 months is about 10 per month, that is my goal, so we'll see if I can be @ 200 by Memorial Day -- oh girls, what will I do if I'm not.
This is week 2 for me, and I'm already wanting the bad stuff.
We'll be @ Disney in September sometime...I'd love to meet for lunch, how cool would that be! We won't have a car though. Any Disney tips would be very much appreciated!

Overit - WELCOME!! I'm in the same boat as you. the 2 kids put so much weight on me. Please keep coming back and keep us posted on your progress!

Lucky - where are you????? Check in!!!

Girls I'm really craving junk food right now. Why is it when you want to be serious about the diet, all the commercials come on for all the good stuff???
One day at a time right? ONE DAY AT A TIME.
:dizzy:

lucky
04-23-2008, 09:13 PM
I'm so excited about this group! I think it makes a huge difference to talk weight loss with people who are on the same page. I don't think it matters if you are following the same plan, at the same stage, or even have the same attitudes towards weight loss...just bouncing thoughts around with people who are making the same effort is so motivating.

2bthin: This tummy tuck was the best thing I ever did. It is one of the very few truly life changing experiences I've had...it is right behind marrying and having children for me. Being put to sleep didn't worry me much. Of course, there are risks to every surgery and I did not take them lightly. And, it was certainly a much bigger decision now than it would have been before I became a mother. The risks I take these days are very calculated compared to my pre-children days and the surgery I had was relatively low risk compared to a lot of my day to day activities...less dangerous than getting in a car and driving to work everyday. So, I have no regrets and would not hesitate to have another procedure. With that said...we can't foot another bill like that one for a long, long time and so the decision to have something else done (breast lift and arm lipo anyone?;)) isn't likely to ever be considered.

Gateramanda-I think it is great that you are giving your health the attention it deserves. And I do remember that when I got as close to goal as you are now a break was in order. I considered it a mental rest from the emotional roller coaster watching the scale move in much smaller increments than when I started. And it was good practice for maintaining the weight loss - which I did for almost two years. I'm convinced that I would still be at goal had I not gone back to work - or at least PLANNED better for the lifestyle change that having a job would bring about. At any rate, when I took my "break" I didn't actually change much about how I was eating or my exercise plan...I just relaxed a bit and stopped EXPECTING to see the scale move. That's what really wore me out at that point...feeling like I'd worked and worked and not seeing a loss at all. It is hard when 1-2 pounds a week stopped being a given!

Overit - I think I'm probably the opposite of you. I don't have much trouble keeping my eating in line. As long as I plan in advance but I'm fine. But exercise...:?: It actually isn't the exercise in and of itself. Once I get started I love it. I've never once regretted a workout. It feels so good, gives me a little time to myself (usually anyway!)...I love to sweat. It's the getting to the exercise that holds me back. I have to make myself throw on my seakers and get moving. But once I do, I'm glad I did!

Today was good day for me...eating is right on track and I did sneak in a workout. Yay me! I think I'm going to hit the stores for some new workout clothes tomorrow. And tonight I'm going load up my shuffle with some new music...gotta have something to help me pick up the pace when I'm walking! Hope you all had a succesful day today and have a terrific tomorrow!:)

SunshineRunner
04-25-2008, 09:56 AM
Okay...all this surgery talk in here...I had a dream that I had a boob job and tummy tuck and they came out looking the same and I was so disappointed!!! Not a good sign!!! haha!

2bthin - I only have 1 slimfast each day - around 8:30am for breakfast....very rarely do I have it twice a day...I think I'd get tired of it - for now (and since I started it) can't wait to have it every single morning....I just love them and feel like it's my source of chocolate each day (I do the Rich Chocolate Royale)....as far as additional chocolate - I buy the Extra Dark Chocolate that different companies make ...it usually has a couple grams of fiber in it....servings are somewhere between 4-6 pieces depending on brand...and about 200 calories - I only eat about 100 calories worth about 2X each week.....

My New favorite recipe - I got it from www.hungry-girl.com - I get her daily emails and if you haven't signed up for them....I highly suggest it. On the recipe below....I used Blue Diamond's Almond Breeze Milk which has only 60 calories in a cup...also, I needed to use a little more than the recipe called for (a couple dashes) since it was too dry to mix as it was.... :) I also highly suggest using the No Pudge brand of brownies - the only other brand available where I live is Krusteaz and that ups the calorie count in this recipe by 50...yikes!!! So therefore...since No Pudge is no longer stocked in my grocery stores...I order it thru Amazon.com..

Ooey Gooey Chocolate Cherry Muffins

(1 muffin: 131 calories, <1g fat, 123mg sodium, 35g carbs, 3.5g fiber, 24g sugars, 2.5g protein = 2 Points)

Chewy, chocolatey, cherry goodness in every bite!

Ingredients:

No Pudge! Original Fudge Brownie Mix or other fat-free brownie mix

2/3 cup Comstock’s Original Light Cherry Pie Filling or other light cherry pie filling

1 cup Fiber One cereal

1/4 cup light vanilla soymilk

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients together. Place batter into muffin tins lined with paper or sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake for 20 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.

Well...I'm out for now...more updates later :)

Fat Chick B Gone
04-25-2008, 10:31 AM
Hey girlies I'm jumping in here. I'm Heather, 27, single, no kids, one dog and one fish and currently at 233lbs.
I've been large my whole life and dealt with extreme dieting to lose weight (the lowest I remember being as an "adult" was around 180) to binge eating. Needless to say food is an issue for me. I've sought help recently and feel that it's finally getting under control. Oof course I know all too well how easy it is to get off track but positive thoughts right? I'm not super restricting my calories right now, just trying to stay under 2,000 (average 1,800) and work out pretty regularly. I walk about 4-5 times a week about 30 minutes, play tennis occasionally(when I can find a partner), and try to go to the gym at least twice a week. The biggest thing for me is not making food my whole life, I've got to quit obsessing over it. This means striking a balance between omg all I want to do is eat camp and the NO you can't have that ever camp. Just trying to figure out what being "normal" is.
Since I've fluctuated my whole life I'm not certain what my ideal weight is - I think it'll be whatever weight means I can strut out in a bikini :beach:. I'm thinking anywhere from 55-80lbs is what I need to lose. I do recall being fairly happy at 180, certainly not stick skinny but comfortable in my own skin. I think 160 is a bit more realistic though for my ideal weight.

gator - I love Hungry Girl. She has totally turned me into a Fiber One lover!!
lucky - you did it once so you know you can do it again!
I'm not sure how you girls do the Slim Fast, I need food!! But the one thing I've certainly learned over my many years of dealing with food is that everyone is quite different and needs different things to get their body working right!

Have a great day all!

SunshineRunner
04-25-2008, 11:24 PM
Fatchick :welcome: - I love the Slim Fast - it's like a treat for me....but I understand that it does not work for everyone. I'm what I like to call a Fiber Whore...I get anywhere from 40-80 grams/day...it has been key to my weight loss success thus far :) Sounds like you are on track to a great weight loss... I'm a little taller than you and was a little lighter when I started...but I lost 60lbs from between Sept. 23, 2007 til about March when I went on dieting break...I'm trying to get back on the wagon...but failed miserably this week with too much dining out....good news is I'm staying on track......and not gaining....

Okay...still working on finding some fat pics for y'all..may have to scan some in....will see if we can do that this weekend :)

lucky
04-25-2008, 11:26 PM
Heather, thanks for the words of encouragement. You are right. I CAN do it again. Losing and managing my weight will never be easy for me, per say. But, I'm at the point now (about 3 weeks into it) that it all is at least becoming routine. Eating isn't mindless at this point which means that even though I may WANT to eat more than I need, I'm aware enough to talk myself out of it.
I completely understand what you mean about striking a balance and figuring out what your personal normal is. I have to constantly remind myself that there is the body that I would love to have and then there is the body I'm willing to work for. There is a middle ground and if I'm going to get there I have to find a compromise between being obsessive and paying no attention whatsoever.

Amanda - thanks for the link! I can't wait to try the muffins. I am in grave need of some new recipes to try. That's one thing that helps me stay on track. I love routine because I don't have to think too much about food since I have my staple meals...but new recipes ensure that I don't stop thinking about what I put in my mouth all together. When I have to factor in something new in my calorie count it keeps me aware and on my toes. I'm not familiar with the site but, thanks to the recipe you posted, I can't wait to take a peek!

2Bthinagain
04-26-2008, 10:50 PM
lucky - good point about the dangers in every day life - like riding in the car. We'll see what I look like when I reach my goal and I'll see about the tummy tuck. Did you see the girl who won the Biggest Loser...she looks so tone and trim, I wonder if she felt like she had anything "left over" like saggy skin that she needed to do something with? She looks awesome and I assume she did it all by working out and eating right.

Gator: How funny about your dream! I think I'll start having the SF for just breakfast, and thanks for the tip on hungry-girl, I've never heard of it before! OMG thanks for the recipes! How delicious do they sound!!! I will be trying them next weekend. Now, enlighten me, are you running a 5K memorial day weekend?? With a 3FC group?????? I saw your signature -- you go girl! And thank you SO much for checking in even though you are pretty much at goal. We need you!!

FatChickBGone - WELCOME!!!!!
Sounds like you are doing great! Please check back often and let us know how you are doing !!!

2Bthinagain
04-26-2008, 10:52 PM
Hey girls - do you want to start a new thread each week?
Like "That 70s show week of ...." ?
If so -- anybody feel free to start the new thread.
Sometimes I have to jump back to the old one to catch myself up to date so I haven't missed anything!

overit
04-27-2008, 03:48 AM
Whatever way is easier to catch up with everyone! I am not doing well at all this weekend. I have been on the go and eating poorly. I was looking at my countdown to when I go back to the states and we have about 205 days, wonder how much I can take off by then...at this rate not much at all. Oh, well, tomorrow is the start of a new week, unfortunately it is going to be a busy week as well so hopefully I can make better eating choices while I am out.

overit
04-27-2008, 04:16 AM
I'm checking out the hungry girl website and some of the recipes look so good but I don't know if I can find some of the ingredients here at the commissary. I will definitely have to make a list to see what i can find though.

overit
04-27-2008, 07:16 AM
Amanda, I am trying to up my fiber intake as well, do you have any suggestions/tips? thanks.

2Bthinagain
04-27-2008, 08:24 AM
I could use the tips on how to add fiber as well !
I'm having a bad weekend....I'm not eating....doing well in that department, but I've gained 3 pounds in 3 days ! how is that even possible when I'm not eating!!! I think I've had a SF for breakfast and might have skipped lunch and dinner the last 3 days.....doesn't seem like I've eaten anything.
I had 1/4 cup of coke yesterday mid morning -- but that should not have made me gain 3 pounds.
I'm just so darn mad.
Edit to add : It can not be TOM making me gain 3lbs in 3 days - I went thru menapause early (in my 30s).

lucky
04-27-2008, 11:50 AM
2Bthin: Don't let that scale get you down. As long as you are doing everything that you need to be, the weight will come off. It isn't for everyone, but I record my weight every single day. Once a week I have an "official" weigh -in too. I remember the first or week or so was really hard because of the fluctuations. After a couple of weeks though, I started seeing a very definate pattern. This really helped me to take some of the emotion out of that number on the scale. The fact of the matter is that there are any number of factors that can make your weight go up or down within a week. But, as long as I can see that I'm averaging 1-2 pounds a week I no longer care (as much;)) about what the scale says on any given day. As long as I am honest with myself about being on plan (I've been known to try and kid myself!) then I can write off the occasional 2-3 pound gains as being just one of those things that is going to work itself out. It takes a little practice to accept but, once you do, this weight loss thing gets a lot less emotional! It may also help to make a list of all the things you did right - exercising, a particularly healthy meal, a NSV - focus on something about your plan that has paid off this week regardless of what the scale has to say! The scale does sometimes lie!:mad:

For those of you looking to up your fiber intake, you might consider trying Benefiber. I love it! It isn't gritty and can be desolved in just about anything. I stir it into my oatmeal, spaghetti sauce, sometimes even my coffee and I add it to my recipes (muffins, pancakes, etc). I happen to use the Benefiber with Calcium to kill two birds with one stone. I try really hard to increase my intake with the foods I eat but I rarely make it. And so I was so glad to have discovered a painless supplement to use.

Overit- I know it is easier said than done. But, you just have to brush yourself off and do better this week. YOU CAN DO IT! :D I know that, for me, the busy weeks are the hardest for me to plan my meals...but they are also the weeks when planning pays off the most. Maybe you could carve out 30 minutes today just to think about what you'll have to eat this week. I do some of my best meal planning while I'm in the shower! Even if you don't have an opportunity to prepare anything in advance it may still help to have something on paper to work around. Maybe this would help eliminate that "grab whatever" mentality that gets so many of us into trouble.

SunshineRunner
04-27-2008, 04:28 PM
Overit - I eat the following to up my fiber - Fiber One Granola Bars (oats and chocolate) have 9 grams of fiber, Slim Fast has 5 grams, I eat a variety of cereals from Fiber One and Kashi and they have between 5-14 grams of fiber per serving and they are yummy! I eat Fiber Gourmet pasta which has 18-21 grams of fiber/2oz serving...fruits and veggies of course have lots of fiber in them....oh...and those delish little Hostess 100 calorie packs of snack cakes actually have 5 grams of fiber in them...who'd have thought??? Oh....Kashi frozen pizzas have a good serving of fiber...so when you are desperate for pizza, they are a good option.....oh...as far as how much you can lose before coming back to the states - I lost 60lbs in under 6 months by keeping myself in gear all the time....don't let others phase you and you can do it. You can!

2bthin - don't stress, you haven't actually gained 3lbs...but you did need to eat. Not eating will cause your body to go into starvation mode and you will retain water and show gains on the scale...get to eating!!! This is not an option - at least 1200 calories per day!!!! Also...see my notes above on adding fiber to your diet....I eat between 40-80 grams per day....I also fight to keep my sodium below 2400mg/day...and usually average about 1800mg/day...it is definitely helpful...you'd be amazed that the foods that taste salty have less sodium than those that don't!!!

Lucky...I use thedailyplate.com to record my meals...but maybe I'll plan this whole week in advance...that might help me to keep on track....I'd really like to knock out these last few pounds...but honestly I have been fairly happy with my new self....soooo...it's hard to give up having a bit of fun (night's out, dinner's out, etc) when you are feeling so good about yourself...although I am not where I want to be...I am very happy with the vast improvements that I have made with myself....

2bthin - thanks for the kind words "we need you!" - but I honestly need y'all too!!! I have gotten far...and I am maintaining, but I am not at goal...and I haven't lost a pound in probably 6-8 weeks.....but that is because I am off plan at least 3 days/week....with having too much fun...so if anyone would like to start kicking my butt anytime soon....I'd really appreciate it...my original goal is 155lbs, but I think I may enjoy 145lbs better...we'll see once I get to goal, but 145lbs has been on the back of my mind the past few months...it'd be really nice :)

SunshineRunner
04-27-2008, 04:33 PM
Oh...2bthin - I am participating in the 3FC 5k - anyone who wants to join may do so... EZMoney started this by doing one a few weekends ago where he just asked everyone who was interested to do a 5K (walk, run, jog, treadmill, outdoors, with the family, etc) in any way shape or form....I participated and did it on the treadmill at the gym...I ran hard and came in with I believe 36:10 for my time...I have since been running 5K's at the gym on M/W/F of each week and have dropped my time down to 33:04 (which is 10:39/mile...sweet!)....in any case, I encourage everyone here to join - rules are that you have to do it during the Memorial Day Weekend...May 25-26th - and here is the link....it's really great and is what has inspired me to work harder at my running (I get shin splints fairly bad, but they are improving over time and I imagine one day that they will be gone!!) anyways..check it out:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139833

2Bthinagain
04-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Oh great tip on adding the benefiber! I've never counted grams of anything, other than calories now and then. Never looked at sodium or anything.
I had a talk with my neighbor the other night, and I know that I should probably eat more so my body doesn't think I'm starving. Just cracks me up that in the 200+ range by body would think 'oh she's starving' ;)
I will start making sure I have more.
I am also considerng doing WW because my same neighbor lost a lot on it, and told me how easy it was and gave me examples.

As for the 5k, no way could I make it. Memorial Day is too soon! Though that is my goal date to break 200.

We just got a Wii and my Wii age is 9 years older than I really am!!! :o
The Wii is not "real" excercise but at the same time I am going to count it as something, least I'm moving right???? LOL

So how is everyone doing this Monday? Great weekend?

lucky
04-28-2008, 08:44 PM
2Bthin - I have to disagree, the Wii CAN be excellent exercise! The trick to to actually DO the moves of whatever sport or game you are playing. A lot of the games can be played just as well with just a flick of the wrist. But, if I'm playing tennis, I'm PLAYING tennis. One of the times my arms were as sore as they've ever been came from trying to beat DH at boxing. LOL. We love our Wii! We got DDR last year for ours and its a workout (I'm terrible at it but I sure work up a sweat while I try!). Also, depending on what kind of games you like, WarioWare is another fun one that involves a lot of moving and several people can play at once. Good times, good times.

SunshineRunner
04-28-2008, 11:20 PM
2bthin - I agree w/Lucky - Wii is exercise, I don't personally use it as such because I have a hate/hate relationship with video games since my dbf is more than obsessed....but I did try it once and felt the burn...and my sister does it occasionally and stated her heart rate was higher playing the Wii than when running on the elliptical....

In other news...

I tried out a yummy new recipe tonight...I got it from Fiber One but tweaked it to bring it down in calories/fat....I used of course, No Pudge Fat Free brownie mix...the original recipe states it makes 42 cookies, I could only get 32 cookies out of it....the original recipe also was 70 calories and 1 fat gram, mine is 58 calories (at 32 cookies) and less than 1 fat gram.....now since making the exact number of cookies that a recipe calls for...I'll provide you the overall stats (if you follow mine directly) and then you just divide that by the number of cookies that you get out of the receipe.....
Calories: 1,844
Fat: 26.5
Sodium: 1,785
Fiber: 69
Protein: 39

This equated for my 32 cookies to:
Calories: 58
Fat: less than 1 gram
Sodium: 56 mg.
Fiber: 2.1 grams
Protein: 1.2 grams

Not bad for a tasty cookie...and they aren't too sweet, which is nice :)

Fiber One Crunchy Fudge Cookies
1 box No Pudge Fat Free Brownie Mix
2 cups Fiber One® original bran cereal
2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup water (if using no pudge brownie mix, i found that I had to use almost 1/2 cup water to get the right consistency)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 egg

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, mix all ingredients with spoon. Onto cookie sheets, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart.
3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until set. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Cool completely. Store in tightly covered container. Freeze up to 2 months if desired.

I hope you ladies enjoy - I think 2.1 grams of fiber for a 58 calorie cookie is great...and I don't feel bad eating 3 of them!!! Yum, enjoy!
~Amanda

utgirl09
04-29-2008, 12:00 AM
I too would like to join this group. I am so excited. Just a little background on me, I have been overweight my while life. I was always active in sports, and even was on the cross country and track and field team in middle school.. I was slightly overweight then, but I was fit. When I started high school I dropped cross country and track and started up with tennis. At the end of freshman year, I probably weighed 160. I still remember a guy from another tennis team we had a match against yelling about me and another girl on the team, "What do you feed that beast". After freshman year, I stopped doing sports altogether, and became much less active. Sophmore year of high school I started dating my boyfriend and started a part time job. So all my time was either spent with him or working. I tried to stay active, but over the course of the next 3 years I gained 20 pounds. I graduated high school 180 lb 5'6". I was still dating my same boyfriend. I was really excited to start at UT in the fall because I was determined to make myself turn my life around, having access to a free gym. I did go at the beginning of the year, but found my eating habits become horrible and making less and less time for the gym, and my free time when I was not studying or in classes was spent with my boyfriend, why drove 45 min almost everyday to see me. So here I am 3 years later 215 pounds. I do not want my life to continue like this. My main turning point that made me determined that this was the time that weight loss would work and motivation would stick was that my boyfriend and I broke up about a month ago. For the past few years, he has started to treat me really badly emotionally and would always make me feel bad about myself. He has been chipping away at my confidence and my self esteem that I do not feel like the same person I used to be. Many people who exericise and lose weight say one of the best parts is the jump in confidence, and that is what I am looking for. My sister within the last year has lost 45 pounds through diet and exercise and my sister in law has done the same in the past 6 months, so it can be done, and I am the next in line. I am so excited to continue this journey and I am ready to stick it out with all of you with your journeys as well!

2Bthinagain
04-29-2008, 11:10 AM
UTGIRL - welcome!!! I'm glad you dumped the boyfriend! Though I am much older than you we are in the same battle as to where we are now and how much we want to lose. So welcome welcome welcome and please know we are all in this together and pound by pound we'll get there. Look at GATOR, she is amazing and has had great success and will always have great support and advice for all of us.
As for the comment the guy made about "what do you feed that beast", how rude. I remember when I first started gaining weight a couple of rude people made nasty remarks at me, and it hurt so badly. In my case, even when I was 130 I felt fat and ugly....but yet I was getting whistles every where I went.
Anyway, goodluck, and welcome, enjoy the ride!
Amanda - thanks so much for the recipe!!! you rock!

2Bthinagain
04-29-2008, 11:16 AM
Forgot to post that the Wii did make me move quite a bit. I beat my husband in boxing!!! And when I played tennis, I was moving a bit, in fact today my upper arms are a little sore and so is my back!
Sounds funny to say I got my work out from a Wii, but it's something huh?

SunshineRunner
04-29-2008, 12:57 PM
UTGirl - okay, we might have an issue when it comes to schools...but we can be friends otherwise :) Ha! Go Gators! I'm sorry that you have a horrible memory of someone calling you names regarding your weight in high school. I too have a memory of a male friend (small school, we were all friends) asking about my saddle bags...and when I say asking...I mean yelling it across the hallway.....at that point I was probably 130lbs (and I'm 5'8")...my history was always being in shape, active in life and even anorexic during my first 2 years of high school.....but I went from one extreme to the next (I have quite the addictive personality) and went from my lowest of 108lbs, to probably 160lbs when I graduated high school...that's a lot of weight gain in about 2 years time....ugh.....so anywas, off to college, free gym, work out-aholic...5-6 nights a week, down to probably 140, but very fit and toned.....then comes DBF, he eats like crap, we move off campus, no more gym, just junky eating....well, it's like 6 years later, I gained up to 227 at my highest, joined my local gym a year ago, working out 2 nights a week to start, lost a whole 3lbs, then began my lifestyle change at the end of Sept. 2007 - eating right, incorporating Slim Fast into my life, and visiting 3FC multiple times each day to get hints, tricks, and motivation...I worked hard until Mid-March 2008 when I'd gotten down to 167...then took a bit of a break until just about now (scale finally moved today to 166-yipee!!!)...so needless to say, I don't feel I ever got off track, but just took a break, I maintained since Mid-March swaying between 167-169lbs and continued to work out 5 nights/week....however I did not strictly count my calories as I had been, went out to eat when asked, drank a bit too much a few times, etc....but I promised myself to plan this week out very nicely, and have already managed to get the scale to move because of that.

2Bthin - you are too kind to me!!! I come here for all of your support as well, as I'd not be here if I didn't get it back. I hope you try out the recipe, it is just yummy!!!

Well, scale is down to 166 today - first movement since Mid-March...but I'm actually trying this week....worked out really hard on the elliptical last night - did a full hour instead of my normal 45 minutes - also switched up resistance and incline levels...so that made it more difficult...not sure if that helped with the change in weight finally....but hope to keep it moving over the next few weeks and actually hit my goal in a month or so...but no timelines for me....

utgirl09
04-29-2008, 03:03 PM
Forgot to post that the Wii did make me move quite a bit. I beat my husband in boxing!!! And when I played tennis, I was moving a bit, in fact today my upper arms are a little sore and so is my back!
Sounds funny to say I got my work out from a Wii, but it's something huh?

LOL. The Wii may be a video game system, but it does get you moving. I love the Wii, because you can feel you get a workout from it. So today I ran 2 miles and plan on running 2 later on tonight. I have finals this week, but I am not going to let that be an excuse for not being active. My sister gave me a tae bo DVD and a biggest loser dvd that sparked her 45 lb weight loss so I am also going to try to find time for that. I am going to the beach in July and would like to weigh less than 200 by them. If I keep at it, which I know I will, I know I can do it!

SunshineRunner
04-30-2008, 08:49 AM
Well...it is definitely official - my 2 months slump of no weight loss seems to be over....still at 166lbs this morning! yay! Can't wait to keep the scale a moving, it's been awhile since I have seen a change, and amazingly, that 1lb makes such a difference in how my tummy feels...it truly feels smaller :) Did another 60 minutes on the elliptical last night....hoping that will keep me moving down (instead of the normal 45 minutes I was doing).....

2Bthinagain
04-30-2008, 01:51 PM
Amanda - congrats on the scale moving finally! I'm not getting on for a while, since I saw that 3 pound gain for no reason.
I am also running low on slim fast. Haven't tried the recipe yet but it's on my list!
UTGirl what is the biggest loser DVD like?

I just went for a short walk with my 4 yr old...he rode his bike and I walked fast along side him, not much but I'm counting that as exercise. I'm still sore from playing the Wii 2 days ago! Just in my arms and chest really.

When I posted before I was going to try weight watchers, I'm still doing SF for breakfast - which I heard is 4 pts, then I'm going to count pts the rest of the day.
Still praying for 200 by Memorial Day but not holding my breath.
What is ONEderland like ? Is it as fabulous as I remember?????

SunshineRunner
04-30-2008, 02:13 PM
onederland is absolutely amazing and one of the first best feelings i had on this journey.....followed by no longer being obese...now I'm just 4lbs away from no longer being overweight....i just can't wait!!!

2Bthinagain
04-30-2008, 06:08 PM
Shout out to LUCKY - where are you??????????????????????
How is it going? Good week, bad week? Check in with us !!!
Personally my week isn't going to so well, but I'm hangin' in.

overit
04-30-2008, 07:34 PM
Congratulations, Amanda on the weight loss. I know that has to be great motivation for you. You are so close to your goal...and you are so far into onderland, that is awesome. I can't wait to join you there! this week hasn't been too bad, especially with AF on her way and the scale still has gone down and i'm just a pound away until i get out the 230s

utgirl09
05-01-2008, 01:50 AM
Amanda- yeah the school thing might be an issue. GRRR.JK There is actually a guy from my hometime who played basketball for florida up until he graduated last year (he is actually the cousin of my jerk of an ex- boyfriend). He showed my one of his national champ rings. Grrr. Still a Vol fan though. But since he went there, there were many people I know who actually followed suit and went there too. Your weight loss story so far is very inspirational. Good for you to get that scale moving again! 4 more lbs till you are no longer overweight. I am rooting for you!(even if you are a Gator fan)

2Bthin- 4 year olds can defininitly be a workout. I was playing with my 4 year old niece outside flying kites the other day, and it was not very windy. To get the kite in the air, we had to run across the yard. As soon as we stopped running, it fluttered to the ground, so we kept having to do it over and over again. Then she wanted to race across the yard back and forth, and ring around the rosie in several different versions. When we came in after an hour or so, I was beat. But she said to me, " Aunt Jenny, you wear me out." It made me laugh out loud. The biggest loser DVD I have is very nice. The whole idea of the video is to keep your heart rate at the same level throughout. It is challenging, yet doable. I really liked it, and will continue to work out to it.

I weigh in on Friday. My goal is 212. I did the biggest loser dvd today and jogged 2 miles. Tomorrow I would like to go to a spinning class, a tae bo tape, and jog 2 miles. I have one final tomorrow, but do not have to work, so I do not have an excuse to not do all 3.;)

SunshineRunner
05-01-2008, 10:24 AM
Good Morning Ladies - more good news - scale reads 165 this morning!!! I really am back on track! Sweet! I weigh daily to keep track of my weight, I have never been a weekly weigher or have one specific day of the week to count....I actually enjoy watching my body fluctuate and it's really great for me personally because I can practically guess where the scale is going to be depending on what I ate the day before and what exercise I did. I know a lot of people are not good with this...they find it scale obsessive, but honestly, I have never had a problem getting depressed because the scale didn't move...I could always contribute it to something I had or had not done that previous day.

Well, I have today off so hopefully I actually clean the stinking bathrooms in my home ....if you hang around long enough, you will hear me complain of this task quite regularly....yes, I know that nobody loves to do it....but I have the worst tile in the world, and every single hair that drops off my head shows up on it and glares back at me all day long....which is enough to drive me crazy....on a side note, I do keep a relatively clean house at all times, those damn bathrooms just drive me up a wall...when I've been able to stash some money away, I'm ripping that tile out! Grrrrr!

2BThin - why isn't your week going so well? I hope it gets better nonetheless....I hate those kind of weeks...I actually woke up Monday thinking it would be an awful week, but it has actually been quite the opposite.

Overit - you will work hard and keep checking in with us here and you will find your way into onederland in no time...I came here to lose 72lbs, you are here to lose 74lbs, I lost my first 60lbs from end of September 2007 to mid March 2008....YOU CAN DO IT TOO!!! Keep on keepin on!!! That's the best way to get ahead in this game. When you aren't in onederland...it will drive you nuts, but once you get there, your body just feels wonderful and different and you can see the amazing work you have done...I don't know why the 1lb difference between 200 and 199 is such a big deal, but it truly is and was my first milestone moment that I actually shouted from the rooftops...ahhhhhhh....it does feel good and brings a smile to my face even today! Once I hit 199, I recall that I dropped fairly rapidly out of the 190's...basically I was so motivated to not see 200 creep up on the scale that I was running like fire to get away from it!

UTGirl - yes...our little rivalry should be fun - actually, I have a friend who went to UT as well, she went on swimming scholarship and was actually a Scholar Athlete while there....I only know this cause I have seen a photo of her with some shrine they have to scholar athletes....but all in all...GO GATORS!!! ;) How is your week going? What do you eat on plan? I like to hear what others are putting into their mouths daily so that I can come up with some new ideas :)

Well...still debating cleaning the bathrooms....adios!
~A

2Bthinagain
05-01-2008, 03:07 PM
My week isn't going well just because I'd gained that 3 lbs, and looking at my history any time I see something like that I lean toward the "I give up" side, and I don't keep working as hard. My husband tried to tell me not to get on the scale each day. So I'm trying to ignore it until May 31st..almost impossible.
Still working out with the Wii and going on walks with my kids when they ride their bikes. Still depressed about being in the 200's. I will get out of my funk soon I hope.
Meanwhile I'm going to a school function tonight -- with about 400 size 2 moms. That ought to be great for my self esteem huh?

SunshineRunner
05-01-2008, 05:11 PM
2BThin - use the size 2 mom's as an awful form of motivation - seriously, the do suck - I can't stand those girls when I'm at the gym...the ones that are clearly anorexic and run a gazillion miles on the treadmill at full speed and probably only drink tea and eat a few shreds of lettuce each day...ugh...I do despise them...clearly I'm being a little too judgemental as well :) In any case, size 2 mom's should be there to motivate you - not that I ever want to be a size 2, and I doubt many of us do....I'll be happy as a (insert funny thing here) once I get to a size 8....bottom line...keep your chin up and keep working at this....find your motivation, within yourself....that is one of the things that has kept me going...me and my desire to feel good about myself again!

SunshineRunner
05-03-2008, 09:40 AM
Hi Ladies - just checking in with you all to see how everyone is doing. Hope we are all staying on track and eating right and exercising. I did not make it to the gym on Friday night - a rarity, but decided to hang out with some friends...I'll survive - and the scale is still staying at 165 - which is great news that basically means this losing 2lbs this past week was not a fluke! Yay! That is definitely exciting. Somedays I just can't believe I have lost as much weight as I have....the sad part is that I can't believe that I put on that much weight that I actually had to work at losing it - I can't wait to take off the last 10lbs (although I may eventually get down to 145 instead)....it is amazing to feel like I have finally done something good and right for myself - something I haven't felt in a very long time.

Well, I hope y'all have a great weekend!
~Amanda :)

2Bthinagain
05-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Hi Amanda!
I'm glad you really did drop those 2 pounds, you deserve a Friday night off from the gym. I know it must be hard to believe you lost so much, I can't wait until I'm in your shoes.
I also know what you mean about it's hard to believe you ever gained it to begin with. When I was thin (yeah, back in the day...before kids).....anyway, I never understood how anybody got fat. I thought once you gain 10 pounds, can't you tell? Can't you stop it, and diet a few weeks until it's gone? Then 10 turns into 20, and then 30 and so on.
Still not getting on the scale.
This weekend we had lots of rain and a little sunshine. Tried to help our son learn to ride a bike, but I wasn't much help, could only run along side him bent over for a short period of time.
Played the Wii a little more...not sore anymore from it.

As for the size 2's...now my brother in law called - haven't seen him in over a year or longer....he and another brother in law are coming to visit this summer with who?? With their friggin size 2 girlfriends! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

The good thing about how these skinny chicks act -- I know when I drop the weight and they look at me differently and might POSSIBLY include me or invite me to something --- I'll have to decline...because obviously they've judged based on appearance already.

Have a great week everyone!!!

SunshineRunner
05-05-2008, 07:07 PM
I'm sorry you had such a rough week last week 2BThin - I just really hope that this week is 100X better and you get to kick butt on getting back on track. It's always awful to not be able to do something physically and I really hope that will motivate you to get back on the ball and get your diet going full speed. I know it must be tough with kids around though. I don't have them, but fully realize that their needs come first and foremost....but you will need to plan out some you time for exercise and meal planning or else you will have less time to spend with them in the future.....I hope that doesn't sound harsh... :( :hug: Damn skinny chicks - I'm sorry you have to deal with 2 size 2 girlfriends - I have a bunch of those type of girls around my small home town and they honestly drive me nuts - the "hee hee" is all I picture when I see them - just giggling and leading their perfect lives - okay - I know that was really a bad case of stereotyping and is just not true for the most part, but hey, we don't have a bunch of skinny girls in our forum, so I don't feel that bad being a skinny-basher :) j/k...a little bit.

Ahhhh....well, I hope to lose just 1 little pound this week...we shall see how that goes...didn't eat real great today - not over my calories, but my lunch seems to be hanging on to me - which drives me nuts....because it was a healthy lunch....but hey, you never know, right...sometimes our bodies do weird things.

Well, off to the gym shortly...have a great week everyone and check back often!
~A

overit
05-06-2008, 01:15 AM
Things are going okay here. I'm not going to gripe here about the scale not dropping as fast as I want it to. I feel and notice a difference in my legs and abdominal area.

2Bthin and Amanda, I can totally relate to not believing I allowed myself to put on this much weight to begin with. I was pretty much where I am now when I got pregnant with my first, so I really can't blame it on pregnancy weight. I remember being so upset when I had to find pants at Lane Bryant, why didn't i just stop then and realize what was happening? I am looking at size 2 mom's (or size 10) as inspiration, that is what I want to be some day! Instead of being jealous.

Oh, well, I better run and get something done. Hope everyone has a great and successful week.

2Bthinagain
05-06-2008, 07:54 AM
Amanda - I know what you mean about spending less time now so I can have more in the future. I think about that all the time.
My mom is in her early 70s and is going for a stress test this week, then a heart xray, and also an echocardiogram. She is having shortness of breath. They hope it's her BP medicine, but are being cautious. However my grandmother had a lot of heart disease.
Last night I walked 3 miles with a neighbor. Woo Hoo.
I do hope this week be a better week.

As for the size 2 moms. They are friggin EVERYWHERE. All the moms at preschool, every last one of them. All my neighbors except the one I went walking with. When we were walking last night we past 3 older women...who were thin, one smiled but the one in the middle almost made a point NOT to make eye contact, and she literally lifted her nose in the air. The girl I was walking with thought the same thing as I did. She thought she was better than us. So I wasn't paranoid, my friend saw it too.
I digress (yet again)
Anyway, I am hoping to break 210 this Saturday, so I really do want to work my butt off this week.
Keep in touch girls!
And those of you who haven't posted ---- where are you??? We miss you!!!!

SunshineRunner
05-07-2008, 10:09 AM
So I'm not normally a "class" person - I really have avoided taking classes at the gym since college - however, a couple of months ago I took a class with a friend - Cardio Kickboxing - and it kicked my butt....I didn't go again...well, I decided this week to look at the schedule (small town, small town gym...not too much to offer, but good enough as it is!) and decided to pick out some classes that I'd be interested in.....so yesterday, I took Pilates....I enjoyed the class and hope to go every Tuesday - the teacher was nice, gently corrected me when I was doing something wrong....but wasn't in my face about how bad I was - so I must have been decent......but it was hard at some points and honestly - I ache today - I haven't ached from a workout in awhile...so that is a good thing....

I have a small surgery this afternoon that is probably going to prevent me from going to more classes this week - I've never tried yoga and would love to - there is also a cycling class that I imagine will kick my arse.....so hopefully I'll be recovered enough to get to more classes next week...I'm excited to add this change to my workout plan.

still eating well and am holding at 185 this week....didn't even get in 1200 calories yesterday - not my normal - but it did happen. Still hope to be down a pound by weeks end.....hope all is well with everyone!
~Amanda

2Bthinagain
05-12-2008, 09:29 AM
Amanda - I hope your surgery went well! And I'm glad you were sore from your workout! That's actually a nice feeling isnt' it?
Where is everyone? For those of you out there - like ME -- who want to give up a week or 2 after you've started -- please come back!
I want all of us to reach our goals and to pull each other along the way.
In my case, I did not reach 210 like I had hoped.....and when I work hard and diet well -- I get so angry to see NO weight loss, or even worse - a GAIN. Then I think well screw it, I'm just going to eat what I want...and that has been my way of thinking for the past week.
I was so mad one day early last week when I weighed in....that I haven't eaten healthy since. But I know I am wrong and I am seriously considering asking DH to hide the friggin scale. I am thinking I do not want to know my weight....for a month or two.
But when I diet well or workout, of cousre I'm curious...how the numbers are looking.
Anyway, I haven't seen some of our new friends for a while and am hoping they come back.
Have a great week everyone!

lucky
05-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Hello again! My computer crashed and so I have some catching up to do! I've been right on plan and exercising like I need to be. Yippee! I've decided not to weigh until I can really feel a difference in my clothes though...I'm getting there. I hope everyone has been making great progress and hanging in there. I'm off to read all the posts I've missed over the past couple of weeks. I'd forgotten what it was like not to have a computer...I depend on it a lot more than I realized!

SunshineRunner
05-14-2008, 10:17 AM
Hello Ladies - I'm back :) Surgery was fine, a few days away from the gym, but I went back last night for the 4 mile run. Yay :) May go to yoga this afternoon....but for sure going to the pool when I leave work around noon. I'm getting pale after a few weeks of no pool time...well, I'm pale by nature, with lots of freckles, but I like to have a little color!!!

I'm bloated since I'm on some meds post surgery - and my period started - so the scale isn't looking as pretty today as it was last week, but I know its just the water retention going on....so I'm ignoring it....it should be gone by the weekend anyways - gotta have the faith!!! :)

Eating is going well. Had a slim fast and a vitatop for breakfast. Drinking some water right now to help with the bloat, hope to drink about 5 bottles worth today. That's always fun...especially since I know I haven't been drinking enough lately.

Well, I'm off to finish up some work! Have a great one ladies!
~Amanda :)

2Bthinagain
05-17-2008, 09:33 AM
Hi everyone. Looks like so few of us are left again.
Come back, please everyone come back!
Maybe after this month we should do a 70s show Month of June, and so on?
We can post as much or as little as we like but please check in and let us know how you are doing!
As for me, still not getting on the scale, so I have no idea.
;)

SunshineRunner
05-17-2008, 03:33 PM
2bthin - we have actually quite thinned out around here (pun intended!!!) Sorry you aren't getting on the scale...I hope you get comfortable enough to get back on it and I hope you get to sticking to your plan....if you don't...well....let's just agree that I'll kick your butt!!!!!! I agree, next month we shall start a June thread :)

I'm down to 164lbs...it's fluctuating up and down some days...but not going past 167lbs....and that has been mostly due to TOM and some new meds that I have been on this month. I've been eating well and getting to the gym....started going to both Yoga & Pilates one day a week for each class and truly do enjoy them....enough that I went out and bought a yoga/pilates mat because the ones at my gym honestly smell like other people use them and I highly doubt they are ever cleaned (seriously...getting ones face that close to where someone else had their sweaty butt cheek...no fun....so I spent $12 and got a pretty purple one!)....I hope that I really stick it out with these classes and I really hope that I see some lengthening/tightening in my torso and legs - you know....the nice long and lean body that they tell you that you will get from taking these classes....I already have long legs and a long torso...they are just not that pretty yet - and I despise all ab exercises - no crunches for me - I just can't bring myself to do them....so it's not very pretty there....so lets keep our fingers crossed that I stick with these classes and that my belly does some reshaping from them :)

Life is stressful in my household right now...which is oddly not making me hungry - so no stress eating - yay! I'm going through a break up with my long term (over 6 years) boyfriend...it's not good...and he's trying to win me back, but unfortunately, I am done and have been done for some time - just wasn't strong enough to tell him...and it's still not done as I haven't been strong enough to completely finish it - basically because I do love him and don't want to see him hurt....ugh....of course...his way to win me back is to get up early this morning and get me coffee and a donut from DD - agh!!! But that is all I have eaten today besides my SF shake (which I had before he brought this to me - what does he not realize I've been not eating that crap for over 8 months now??? - actually, he probably just wants me to gain weight back so I'll stay with him....ugh)...

okay...enough of my little rant....I'm outta here. Hope to hear from all of you soon.....

aaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! !

overit
05-18-2008, 06:45 AM
hey, ladies, I am still here. After having a VERY lazy day today, I feel like I am totally sabotaging myself. Does anyone else feel like that? I am hoping that just having a day off, I can start again tomorrow and be more active this week. I really would like to lose 5 more lbs by the end of the month. We will see.

SunshineRunner
05-18-2008, 09:52 PM
Overit - I completely understand sabotaging oneself - I do it a lot lately on the weekends - completely go off plan - but I am maintaining (and when I work hard at it, lose a few pounds still - but I'm pretty close to goal, so it is definitely slowing down!)- but I'm also not being the hog I used to be. Like today - I had a regular sub from a place called Firehouse Subs here - and a bag of chips - that is all I ate all day - because it seriously weighed me down soooo much that I couldn't stand to eat anything else today (I may have a snack in a bit....but nothing big) - now, it used to be that I'd get the large sub, chips, some cookies...and then want to go out for another treat in a few hours....not anymore - seriously - that turkey club kicked my butt....or more likely, I kicked its....

In any case - check back more often and start kicking your own butt - or we may have to get involved and do it for you - which can be an ugly site :) j/k

Hope everyone is doing well - see you tomorrow!
~Amanda