Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-12-2008, 11:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/210/150

Height: 5'7''

Post Exercise ideas...please share

exercise ideas...please share

i do cardio (tredmill, this is what i got...just wondering is it worth it to invest money in something else...what do you recomend?!) the biggest loser dvd...some abs work out...what else should i do...i'm bored of all of these...i want to try something new...what else...one thing to mention i'm exercising home...
any advice is really apreciated.
thanks
michellenew

Last edited by michellenew; 04-12-2008 at 11:58 AM. Reason: spell wrong
michellenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 12:40 PM   #2  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

michelle - like you, I exercise at home. I don't want to spend the gas money to go to the gym (or the membership $$).
So - I have:
Lots of dvds: WATP, the Firm, Slim in 6, Pilates
Weights: both free weights and a bowflex
My bike - one of my absolute favorite exercises is biking
I also just started the Couch 2 5K jogging program.

If you have netflix, you can get exercise dvds from there. I do this as well to shake up the indoor routines quite often.
And don't forget your library! They usually have a video section with workouts you can try for a week at a time.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:20 PM   #3  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

I prefer to exercise at home as well. I like the flexibility and it forces me into "no excuses" mode.

Like you, I need variety to keep me going. I splurge on DVDs, adding 2-3 per month to my collection.
My favorites are:
WATP (series)
10 Minute Solutions (series)
Dancing off the Inches (series)
Zumba
Sweating in the Spirit
Yoga:Conditioning for Weight Loss

I try to buy videos that use a variety of techniques - pilates, yoga, dance, kickboxing, resistance band, balance ball, weights, etc.

Since I don't have a Netflix account or cable tv (Fit TV is another good option), and our library doesn't have a good video section, I buy new and used DVDs online. Half.com and Amazon are usually pretty reasonable ($6-$12).

Once you get used to doing different workouts, you can always put on your own music and combine what you have learned into a custom workout. I love doing this when I travel. My mp3 player and a stretchie band make an awesome duo and don't take up much space at all (in either my suitcase or hotel room).

Last edited by CountingDown; 04-12-2008 at 01:20 PM.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 02:06 PM   #4  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

Zumba is great. I also just bought turbo jam and so far so good. Jumping rope is great cardio do it outside and get some fresh air. Windsor pilates is also great for strength in your core muscles. Swimming if you have a pool or even a local pool.
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 02:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/210/150

Height: 5'7''

thanks for taking the time to answer my thread .

Lori -what kind a bike do you have?
i don't have a netflix account, but i'll see what i can do....
about the library, this is a very good sugestion...and is free too...thanks

CountingDown-this is one of the reasons i'm doing home too...no excuses...no time to go to the gym- no problem In the other hand i have a 19 months daughter that she needs attention ater i get home from work...soo...i mosthly exercise after she's going to bed.
i will also check these websites out too....thank you much !
michellenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:30 PM   #6  
Still Learning

Hi,

I like working out a home too b/c there's no excuse but also because I prefer to shake my chubby butt in private right now if you know what I mean. I also get bored really easily with exercise so I have alot of DVDs.

Here are some of my favorites:
1) Yoga: Conditioning for Weight Loss (Go CountingDown!)
2) Namaste Yoga
3) The Firm (although I do swear at the instructors sometimes when working out cos' the workouts can be tough!)
4) Pilates - Moira Stott, Gaiam, Jennifer Kries
5) I just started working out with Petra Kolber DVDs. My favs so far are B.R.E.A.T.H.E 1 & 2, Streamlined Strength, 3-2-1 Dance (this is very fun) and Elegant Strength. She's a great instructor and quite an inspiration as a 2x cancer survivor.
6) Fat Burning Fusion with Ellen Barrett

I also love to swim. We don't have a pool nearby right now so I'll have to wait until I win the lottery and can have my own pool built.

Anywho - I hope you find something you really like to do and that you can find the time to exercise. It's hard with a young baby but it will probably help with being a Mom (the toughest job in the world) if you take some time out for yourself. Easier said than done I know!
catmama is offline   Reply With Quote