Support Groups - A Slimmer-For-Summer Or Bust Group!

babenwaiting
04-11-2008, 02:25 PM
Long story short here, I'm re-starting (SIGH! :(), figuring one of these days it will "take" again. Any friends from previous threads reading this, I'd love to have you on board. If you try it and drop off, I understand (I've done it too often.) I lost 45 lbs. a couple of years ago, have gained most of it back ... and am starting again.

Weigh-in: Mondays

My program: counting calories (approximately 1500 per day or so)

My exercise: Walking and water exercise at least 4 days per week

June will be here before we know it, warm weather is ALREADY here in the South, and the fit of my summer clothes is not pretty! I've started today, with a long walk, only PLANNED snacks between meals, and no eating after eight! I'm shooting for 15 lbs. off by mid-June!

I would love to have anyone join in ... :)

prepping
04-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Sounds like a great idea! I'm in!

My goal is 22 pounds by June 27th and the intention is that I'll have the grueling task of replacing my entire summer wardrobe (woo hoo!). ;)

Program: Herbal Magic (cutting calories w/balanced diet + herbal supplements)
Exercise: Treadmill, walking/jogging dog, Billy Banks Bootcamp dvds, exercise balls

The warmer weather has reached us here in Ontario too but they're also calling for flurries on Sunday. That's after we've had temperatures in the 15-18 range all week. Go figure.

Friday
04-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Hi Im in too

My goal is 15 lbs by July 4th!
I just had a m/c and i want to put that behind me.. and focus on losing some weight and moving on with my life!!!

as a matter of fact.. im going for a 30 min walk after i get off here!
IM Ready!!!

:carrot:

SCraver
04-11-2008, 03:33 PM
YES!

Weigh-ins: Friday or Satruday (or when I feel like it - I am more focused on how my clothes fit than the scale)

Program: Eat my veggies! And fruit! And continue to find ways to be more healthful - and keep in the 1500-1600 calorie range/29 or less WW pts. range

Exercise: 3 days a week of cardio (30 mins. or more) and 2 - 3 days of strength training

Goal: To have size 14 fit loosely and be squeezing into some 12's at some point this summer. And to be able to do 10 man-push-ups (not the girly on my knees ones like I am doing now) by the end of the summer.

Bikini weather is nearly here! EEK!

babenwaiting
04-12-2008, 12:23 PM
:sunny: How terrific to check back in and find you all *ready to rumble* with me! Losing weight and exercising is so much easier if you have friends to share the ups and down with!

preppingbride, so you are in Ontario ... are you a Senators fan? I'm a Hurricanes fan, and we lost a couple of our favorite players to the Sens this year! Your weight/loss plan sounds very sensible, though it WILL be painful having to buy new clothes, won't it? ;) What kind of doggie do you walk? I love them all ... :)

ameg, so happy you're on board. I hope you got your walk in after you posted. That's what I did as well. You said you'd just had an "m/c" ... I'm a little thick this morning; what are you referring to? I'm sure I SHOULD know ... Your goal sounds very do-able, and I know we'll all enjoy our July 4th's more if we stick with our plans, right?

SGraver, I admire you for aspiring to "manly" push-ups! :D I am sure I would injure myself trying to accomplish such a thing, but we're pulling for you! Your weight-loss plan sounds very healthy, and you'll be in your shades and polka-dot bikini before you know it! :cool:

So let's do it, girls! My first day yesterday went very well, and I hope yours did, too! (Let's all feel free to drop in here and chat/note our accomplishments any time as it can be helpful to others, right?)

Enjoy your weekend!

Babe :flow2:

babenwaiting
04-13-2008, 08:50 PM
Quick Sunday night update! I walked 45 minutes both Friday and today, and have stayed with 1600 calories each day. Looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow, and hope to see everyone check in again! :)

nyk161616
04-13-2008, 10:13 PM
my new weigh in will be on saturdays since i usually binge on fridays! this way i will hoepfully be scared to binge! i have also gained weight back ive gone from 164 to 135 to 145 to 125 now im back up to 155 adn it scares me so here i am! starting monday april 14th i will stick it with it! i am ready weight loss!

babenwaiting
04-14-2008, 12:00 PM
Hi there nyk ... :) Great to have you with us! Are you on any particular plan?

Okay, it's Monday and weigh-in/report-any-progress day:

Weight - lost 6 pounds since starting Friday, went from 231 to 225 lbs. Obviously, I was carrying an unholy amount of water, and I know that's mostly water loss but the scale looks better to me! :D I'd better enjoy it because I won't see a 3-day drop like that again!

Exercise - two 45-minute walks over three days

Food - I've averaged a bit over 1600 calories for the three days, though every day I SWEAR I'll hold it to 1500.

Okay, ladies, looking forward to seeing you all pop in here today, I hope, no matter how your weekend went. We can do this ... :flow2:

Babe

Friday
04-14-2008, 07:52 PM
hi. friday i walked 30 min. sunday i did a little cardio. but i have to take it easy, just had a m/c friday... been cutting back on soda..
hope you all are doing your best!
keep smiling

babenwaiting
04-15-2008, 01:38 PM
Hi Anne Marie, so happy to see you back! What is an m/c??? I hope you will have a good week, as we try to get back into the exercise and healthy eating mode.

I've done three long walks in four days, and have kept my calories around 1500 for four days so I'm feeling :sunny: ...

Anyone who would like to join in, please do! However you do it, we all just want to be slimmer for summer, and would love to support you, too! :)

Friday
04-15-2008, 06:33 PM
hi babeinwaiting..
m/c is miscarriage.. so i was trying to take it easy..
but toaday i felt pretty good
I did 20 minutes of cardio..

im trying....

when life gives you lemons, make lemon aid..

babenwaiting
04-15-2008, 09:48 PM
Anne Marie, I am so sorry to hear of your miscarriage. :hug: Someone close to me went through that, and I know it is not easy.

I'm glad you've felt like doing cardio today. Every bit counts. I got in another 45 min. walk this afternoon, and my calories are looking good for the day.

Have a good evening.

Friday
04-16-2008, 07:45 AM
Morning All, I am leaving for work soon 8-5 today.
I changed my name from Ameg to Friday. Ameg was a name i used to use all the time, but i dont anymore.. So i changed it to friday..
Friday because its my favorite day of the week and the day of the week i was born! lol- i kicked up my goal from 15 lbs to 27 lbs. thats like 1.5 lbs a week..
anyways..girls hang tuff today.. stay strong. and get in as much excerise as you can!
havea great day!

prepping
04-16-2008, 10:50 AM
I think Friday is a cute name. Sorry to hear of what has happened recently but you sound strong and dedicating your energy to positive things in your life. That's wonderful.

SCraver: I just caught that 'girly push-ups' comment. LOL that's SO on my list of TO-DOs now!

On a physical note I just haven't seemed to be able to have the time/energy to get on that treadmill when I get home. It's always the intention but when I end up going later than planned with clients and still have to have dinner when I get home, it just never feels like to right time to work out at 10pm.
Of course I set my alarm for 6am so I could do it today but I reset my alarm for 7am, then got up at 7:30am frantically getting ready to run out the door.

I will make absolute sure that I do it tonight no matter what. And tomorrow, and the next day, and so on.

BIKINI SEASON!!! I can feel it coming!!! :D

babenwaiting
04-16-2008, 02:42 PM
Hi ladies ... hope the day where you are is as beautiful as it is here in North Carolina. Sunny and high 60's with so many flowers blooming! :)

So I have five good days behind me now, both with food and exercise, and my head is still in a good place about it all. I keep thinking of all the reasons I need to keep it up as I trudge up and down hills on my walks! :dizzy: Company coming for a couple of days next month, big vacations in June and July, seeing family at gatherings that crop up ... AND looking at myself in the mirror first thing in the morning! :o:D

Have a good day, all, and good luck with the exercise today, preppingbride. It is SO HARD to get going ... it's harder for me to get my walking shoes on and get out the door than to do the actual walk!

prepping
04-16-2008, 03:06 PM
Oh! I didn't answer you before babenwaiting! You had asked about whether I was a sens fan... that would be against my whole belief system as my team is the Toronto Maple Leafs! It's sacriledge to even consider being a sens fan. And as for the pupster, my exercise companion is a 4 yr old boxer. I jog, he bounces. Thanks for the pep talk re:exercise. I'll be sure to be at it tonight.
My reasons that I keep in mind when i'm running up my mock hills (treadmill) are the shorts and skirts that I want to be wearing when it starts getting hot -- there's only 2 women in our group of friends that aren't prego (me being one) so I have a lot of representin to do! Oh ya and something about trying on bridal gowns may be important as well.

Happy exercising all!

Friday
04-17-2008, 06:31 AM
Morning all!
Hey babe! were neighbors im in SC! charleston area! lol
its been cold in the mornings. but i hear friday will be super nice.. and i have the day off.. so i can walk.
Hope everyone else is having a great day!
keep moving!

babenwaiting
04-17-2008, 10:44 AM
Good morning, ladies ... :sunny:

Hope everyone is doing well, and ready to meet the day. Yesterday's calorie count for me went a little over (maybe 100) but other than that, I'm doing well. I took an exercise break as walking EVERY day isn't good for my knees. I need to get back to water aerobics, which combines well with walking so I can do SOMETHING every day.

So, prepping, when is that *big event* that you'll try on wedding gowns for? :) Just keep hitting that treadmill, and you'll be in fine shape for that stroll up the aisle! So you're a Leafs fan, and have our hunky ex-coach, Paul Maurice! He's the nicest guy, and I hated to see him leave us. My DGD thinks the Leafs have the coolest uniforms ... ALL THAT BLUE! So we're both having to watch the play-offs from afar this year! Do you go to any games?

Hey there Friday ... so you live in one of my favorite places in the world, Charleston! I come there whenever I can, in fact, spent Christmas there this year. Do you go to the historic district often? We love Magnolia's and S.N.O.B. there ... yummy food.

So ladies, let's keep up our good work, and have a great day. Anyone else checking out the thread, we'd love to have you join us. :)

prepping
04-17-2008, 11:04 AM
Good morning ladies! And of course any men that may be checking out our lovely little thread.
So after some flip flopping on my scales behalf, i'm back on the downward plunge. 16 pounds to my temporary goal, 21 total to my personal goal.

Babe, the big event is actually a bit of a while away. It's June 27th, 2009. I just want to get into tip-top shape by the summer -- why wait until next year? Plus it means I can just spend a year maintaining and tightening things up. And the Leafs may not be the greatest team in the league but they have one of the strongest followings on earth. Which means that no matter how many games they lose, we'll still keep on paying top $$ for a chance to sit and watch them do it. So yes, I do go to games any chance I get. I think Paul Maurice has actually ages about 10 years since taking them on too.

Happy calorie counting, point counting, water drinking, exercising, hoola-hooping or any other weight loss method everyone uses out there. :D

babenwaiting
04-18-2008, 01:48 PM
Good morning all ... :sunny:

Hope everyone is doing well, and preparing for a good weekend. I love this weather as we can grill something lean outside and it will taste wonderful.

I've just done my 5th long walk in eight days, and I'm so proud of "moi!" :p It's so hard to get out the door, but I'm so happy when I do! The calories are going from 1300+ to 1700, but that's okay. I was eating so much more before.

Prepping, I think your plan to get in shape way ahead of your wedding is an excellent one. Then you won't have to worry about losing weight once you've chosen your gown, and doing alterations and all that junk! Way to go dropping another pound! :balloons:

I hope the Leafs have not aged our Maurice out of his handsome hunkiness! :D I've heard about the great support the Canadian teams have, no matter what. Hockey is relatively new to the Southeast so we're still building our base but it's going well ... we love our 'Canes, sad as our season went this year with all the injuries and flu. The Cup spoils you! Then you think ... every year ... NOT! :dizzy:

Prepping & everyone, have a great weekend. Let's give our plans our best shot ... :)

Friday
04-18-2008, 07:51 PM
i didnt lose anything.. argh.. well ill just keep trying.

i just moved to SC from Ct in dec.. so i been down town a couple times. but more this summer. beautiful place its is1=

Get n healthy
04-18-2008, 11:23 PM
Hello ladies.

I am all over your idea of getting slimmer for summer. My thoughts exactly. I am in TN so i am a southern girl like a few of you. So the shorts have seen daylight a time or two, but they are a bit snug...and by snug i am being kind...ok, they are down right strangulating tight if you must know. So time to get a move on...literally.

Look forward to getting to know you all. My daughters bday is the first day of summer June 21, so how bout i shoot for 15 pounds by then.

babenwaiting
04-19-2008, 09:25 AM
Stacy, welcome to our little group! I am happy to have you with us. Your goal sounds very reasonable, and I'll bet those shorts of yours will be more comfy in a few weeks! :)

Friday, hang in there! Some weeks we lose, and some weeks we stay the same ... You'll get there! :^:

Okay, ladies, let's all have a great weekend but do it healthy-style. I've got my walking clothes on, so I'm out for a 45-minute walk! Have a good one!

babenwaiting
04-21-2008, 12:51 PM
Monday Progress/Weight Report:

1 lb. lost since last Monday, so that's a total of 7 lbs. off in 10 days!!! :D I have walked 6 of the last 10 days ... so it's a good start.

Goals for this coming week: eat less salt, less processed food, walk 5 out of 7 days. KEEP MY CALORIES TO 1400!!! :mad:

How's everyone else doing? Hope to see you all drop in today even if it's just to say hi, and to let us know you're still kicking! :) (Any newbies checking this thread out, we'd love to have you here with us!)

prepping
04-21-2008, 06:16 PM
Welcome to the group Stacy!

So after a rollercoaster of scale weight throughout the week I've gone down by *drumroll* a total of 1 pound! hmph. I'm cutting down my weigh in to just Saturdays.

My calorie intake that Herbal Magic sets up is about 1200 calories and it's working out very well. I don't get hungry because it's spaced out well and very balanced with what the body needs. And I've basically become an advocate of more natural foods because since cutting out processed food I feel a gazillion times healthier. I basically have spent the last 10 years used to the feeling of being nauseous for no reason but since I cut out all the cr@p in my diet (frozen prepared stuff, etc), there's been absolutely no nausea! Just thought I'd share in case it catches someones eye.

On a note more relative to the slimmer-for-summer theme, I took advantage of the nice weather yesterday and brought out the first skirt of the season -- and it was loose! yay! And I wasn't hugely self-conscious which was even better.

taking it inch by inch... :D

prepping
04-21-2008, 06:19 PM
Babe: wow, i just realized i said the exact same thing that you did about pound loss in the week and you have SO much of a better attitude going on.
I'm totally taking a page from your book!!! forget the hmph! A pound is a pound is a pound! It's an accomplishment and that can't be forgotten!

Big smiles :D:D:D hehe

Get n healthy
04-21-2008, 10:00 PM
Hey Ladies,

Preppingbridge- I really try to eat whole foods as well. I tend to get headaches with processed foods, as does my son. So what was going on with you, nausea? bummer. And the whole foods approach is a noticable difference? and hey, down a pound is nothing to sneeze at...i am always happy as long as that scale is going in the right direction. :carrot:

Babenwaiting- Sounds like you are really on the ball.:cp: I just saw you are a fellow calorie counter...me too. it just seems the best rounded approach. I am one of those that, as soon as you tell me i CANT have something, i instantly want and can think of nothing else but that one thing i cant have. So now days, i buy a bag of hersey kisses. I have ONE after lunch and ONE after dinner. That way i can have my chocolate and eat it too, ha ha. No real damage done to the calorie count of the day with just the one kiss serving. And since i know i can have them, i can have the bag there, albeit out of site, and i dont binge on it. Cool.

Well i am doing well. Down 3 pounds this week...WOOHOO. I can not believe it but i stayed on plan over the weekend :cb:...i am RARELY able to do that, so that was a big part of why i am down 3 pounds. I usually undo all my good behavior with a bad weekend and end up spending half the week taking off what i put on during the weekend. But not this time buster. ;)

So i have done my cardio today and had lots of water AND stayed in my calorie range...so i am pleased with today.

prepping
04-22-2008, 12:49 PM
You know I've realized that a huge hit I used to take each weekend was social drinking. I just realized that I haven't drank more than 1 light beer per social occasion over the last 3 weeks and I must be saving 1300+ calories for every time! It's unbelievable what we put in our bodies without even realizing.

wow. and that's just alcohol.

prepping
04-22-2008, 12:52 PM
Stacey, congrats on the loss!!! 3 pounds is fantastic! excellent stuff :D

babenwaiting
04-22-2008, 02:19 PM
Happy Tuesday, prepping and Stacy! So happy to see you girls reporting in, and doing so well. :balloons: to both of you for making that scale go down!

Isn't it the truth about alcohol, prepping???? :o And it relaxes me, and I'm more likely to overeat. I'm really trying to hold my intake to one or two glasses of wine, no more. I love Margaritas but, boy, are they loaded with calories!!! Not worth it to me except once in a blue moon ... Good for you for sticking to the light beer, prepping. So we want to take a small glass and make it last, right? (I'm a poet ... :D) That can be one of our mottos, girls!

Stacy, what you're doing with those Hershey's Kisses is what we have to learn to do for life, isn't it? Have what we want, but just a little if it's high-calorie and not so good for us. You are doing great; keep up the good work!

I've been going through mountains of summer clothes, and some of them almost.fit.me. :^: (You know, snug waist but otherwise fine. I COULD wear them, but not very comfy.) So I figure, two more months, and I'll be wearing those little devils!

Where are our other buddies who signed on? I hope they'll come back ... it's never to late to re-start!

Have a great day, ladies! :)

girlieyorkie
04-23-2008, 11:09 AM
Do you have room for one more wanna be slimmer by summer chick?

babenwaiting
04-23-2008, 11:27 AM
Of course we do, girlieyorkie! Hop right on board ... we're happy to have you! So you live on a beach .... which makes me jealous! :) Are you on a particular plan or just counting calories and trying to exercise like me? Whatever ... please do join us, and drop in here to report progress or just chat at any time! :)

Food-wise, I'm fine but no exercise yesterday because of rain. Hoping to get in a walk today, if the weather clears ...

Have a good one, ladies!

prepping
04-23-2008, 12:39 PM
Welcome girlieyorkie!!!

Babe, Good on you to get out there walking.

I'm tellin ya, it's a little annoying that I just am not doing well with the exercising. Yesterday was another day that I got home late because I was with clients so didn't get any treadmill action in. boo me. Today I'm doing cardio and ab workouts for sure because I know I'll be home at a reasonable time -- my poor kit kat is getting his teeth done and I made a point to book off my evening so that he can hate me at home rather than hate me by himself in a cage at the vet. (I don't have kids so I have to spoil the pets. what can i say.)

I'm giving myself a good pat on the back today though because it's been 20 days now that I've been watching what I eat and keeping to the plan with as little deviation as possible. I've gotten through the cravings and have more energy then ever. woo hoo!

girlieyorkie
04-23-2008, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome babenwaiting and preppingbride. Nice to meet you both, and hoping to get to know you better.I'm just trying to count calories and exercise.
I haven't been able to exercise for some days because I injured my right shoulder :((long story) and gained 3#:mad: Have not updated my ticker~ hoping to lose them again soon.:crossed:Today, it is only off by 1.4#!!
I actually started exercising yesterday with minimal arm movements, carefully avoiding full range of motion, and today I feel sore.:( So rest day today.
I try not to eat more than 1600cals. daily. I use a diet software and it basically tells me how much I could eat depending on my weight and activities. Main problem is I'm eating more than I should, and can't seem to stop eating snacks before bed time.:o

Babenwaiting~ don't be jealous that I live by the beach, yes it is nice and beautiful and all, but I live in Denmark and it is COLD!!! So bathing or sunbathing is only possible in the middle of summer, when it is really warm.
Besides, it is no fun to walk by the beach when it is windy.
:sunny:Today I took my dog for a walk by the beach, but she is a tiny thing (4 pounds), and she can't walk very far, so I can't even count that as an exercise.:(

Get n healthy
04-23-2008, 10:01 PM
Hello All and :welcome3: girlie. I am somewhat new to this thread too. Your from Denmark, wow. How cool. I do calorie counting too and am trying to stay around 1700 a day and do some kind of exercising each day. So far so good. If i keep junk out of the house, i cant eat it. And my other weakness is fast food, so if i can keep my fast food fixes at subway and an occasional burrito from taco bell, i can usually keep my cals in line for the day.

Hey preppingbride, i spoil my fur children as well. I have two children, two dogs, and one iguana (the iguana is actually my teenage sons). Good for you for 20 days on plan. :bravo: You mentioned social drinking as a BIG problem. Yeah, i am going to be faced with that this weekend. I DREAD it. Dh's boss is having the vice presidents of the company over to a HUGE cabin in the woods....with wives....bummer. DH is all excited about it..as in good brownie points and bonding with "the boss", so i sort of have to go. I know none of them and now i am expected to mingle with these women while our husbands sit out on the porch looking at the MTN view smoking cigars...yeah, i will definately have to have some alcohol to make it through. Hopefully i can keep it at a glass of wine here and there. And i doubt i will even be able to get any exercise in. :(

Babe- I bet you'll be in those summer clothes before you know it. Good point about the drinking relaxing you and making you eat more...i didnt even think about that. I am going to try to stay away from the booze this weekend but geeze i dread mixing with people i dont know.

Well i stayed on plan today and got my exercise in. My daughter, so kindly, reminded me WHY i am on plan today. She got stuck in a tree, she is 8. I asked my teenage son to come help me get her out. She said, "no mom, let me land on you...your squishier"....LOL...:rofl:

out of the mouthes of babes. Kept me on plan though.

Friday
04-24-2008, 06:28 AM
HiWelcome Girlie!
hope you love it on this thread!

I have been not feeling good lately.. bad allergies.. argh...
last day of work then 3 days off. i just want to sleep. but i have a big bday weekend coming up and i need to clean my house..
so i hope i get everytihg done..
and watch what i eat and excerise..
i know always putting me last on the list.. im trying but right now im just exhausted..
im afraid to weigh in this week, i just feel like crap..

babenwaiting
04-24-2008, 11:16 AM
Good morning, girls! So, it's another day in the neighborhood, huh? :) Friday, I'm so sorry to hear about your allergies. I've had some of the same problem this spring, with dizziness, headaches, sneezing ... there is so much pollen laying around where we are, but I think the worst will soon be over, and I hope it will be for you, too. Is it YOUR birthday coming up this weekend? I hope you feel better soon ... :hug:

Big news, friends! I actually started with the weight machines at the Y again yesterday! YAY ... first time since I hurt my neck doing same three years ago (pinched nerve, I think.) The female trainer was great, and encourages you to take it slowly, so you don't overdo anything. I got so much stronger and more limber when I was on the machines before so I need to do this. Also got in a 45 min. walk, so it was a good day. Calories under control, as well.

Stacey, that comment from your daughter is hilarious!!! :D (Squishier ...) Don't they just nail you every time??? My DGD does that to me, just when I need it. Good luck with your weekend away. Just try to remember to sip *teeny-tiny and ve-e-rr-y slowly* any alcohol, and chew appetizer bites like forever ... you can do it! (If it were me, and I sat near and smelled one of those cigars, I'd be so sick I COULDN'T eat anything, so maybe try that? :D )

About the *fur children* ... aren't they the best, girls??? I am a dog-lover though we don't have one at the moment, but will again in the future. They add so much warmth and joy to a household, for sure!

Prepping, you are doing SO GREAT with your eating plan. Way to go, and a big pat on the back from me! When you work full-time, I know it can be so hard to find time to exercise but I know you'll do it. Exercise doesn't come naturally to me at all, especially at 63, so I do understand what it's like to have to push yourself so hard to do it. But we MUST, right? :mad:

girlieyorkie, how neat to have someone from Denmark in our little group!!! Are you Danish, or are you *transplanted* from the U.S.? Glad to hear you are exercising but do be careful with your shoulder. I am determined not to hurt my neck again this time. I know what you mean about snacking before bedtime. Last night, I had to get a diet drink, and go get in bed because the kitchen was calling my name. So, good luck with that.

Okay, out for a long walk. It's a beautiful day here but my work is inside ... Have a good one, girls!

katallan
04-24-2008, 12:42 PM
Have ya'll got room for one more? I've been absent from the boards and gained half of the weight I lost back!:( I've been lurking for the past couple of days and just came across ya'lls thread.

babenwaiting
04-24-2008, 02:17 PM
Please do join us, katallan! We'd love to have you, and the more support we have for each other, the better. We'd getting a very motivated little group here. I hear you about gaining weight back as I did the very same thing, almost all of mine. But that doesn't mean we won't be successful this time! Are you going to do a particular plan? I weigh in or report here how I'm doing OFFICIALLY on Monday (and anyone else is welcome to, if it's convenient ... )

:welcome:

katallan
04-24-2008, 02:57 PM
Thanks babe!

I am going to do straight calorie counting starting tomorrow. It seems to work the best for me. No pills or gimmicks this time around! I weighed in this morning. I finally got up the nerve to see what I weighed! The tight pants and shirts tell it all though!:mad: I was actually happy when I saw I hadn't gained all of it back!

I guess I will do the official Monday weigh in too.

I have my menus for next week and grocery list fixed to go shopping tonight! Now I just have to get the exercise going!:carrot:

girlieyorkie
04-24-2008, 03:41 PM
Nice to meet you both Get n healthy and friday.

Friday~ I have bad allergies as well, and I do take antihistamines almost everyday.
Is it your Bday this weekend?
We are also having some friends over for dinner on saturday, and yes I have to clean the house as well.:(
Not only that, I'm sure it will be impossible to stay on my eating plan.

Get n healthy~ Good luck with the weekend at the cabin. If you like wine, then it shouldn't be so bad. ;) Try to enjoy yourself and have some fun. Easier said than done, I know~ I also have to be in those kind of situations when DH have the occasional company get togethers.:mad:

Babenwaiting~ Way to go on starting with the weight machines again, as well as staying on plan.
I'm originally from Florida, married a Dane and moved to Denmark. Actually, we kept a condo in Florida for many, many years, but sold it 3 years ago since we were mostly travelling in Europe and didn't have time to come over. And it seemed like everytime we came over, all we ever had time to do was clean the place.:mad:

About the "fur children", we believe that our doggie is the most spoiled doggie in the whole world. We don't have kids, so she is our "baby".

I exercised today, walked my "baby" and eating plan seems to be on track.
Best of all my ticker is now up to date. YAY!

Katallan~ nice to meet you, and welcome. I'm also a new member of this friendly group.
It's good that you only gained half of the weight that you lost. I gained all back and then some.:mad: I was up to my heightest weight ever.

I hope we can all motivate each other not only to lose weight, but keep it off as well.

babenwaiting
04-25-2008, 11:46 PM
Hi ladies ... hope you're all preparing for a good weekend! :) I'm doing fine, did a weight machine workout today ... feels so strange because I've been away so long! Yesterday, I did my long, huffin' and puffin' walk, and my calories have been in line both days!

girlieyorkie, I love Florida. One of my favorite vacation destinations is the Gulf Coast beaches from Clearwater to Sanibel Island! Where are you from in Florida?

Well, prepping, Friday, Stacey, girlieyorkie, katallan ... you all have a great weekend (while we find as much willpower as possible with company and at mountain cabins and in our own backyards and all that ... :dizzy: )

We can do this! :grouphug:

babenwaiting
04-27-2008, 02:46 PM
Hi girls,

I see no one has posted since Friday so I hope you're all out having fun! My weekend has gone well. I walked early yesterday, but am resting my knees today. I've done better with the food than I thought I would this weekend, but then I haven't had any outside temptations like some of you are having to endure! I'm doing a big shrimp cocktail for dinner tonight; last night was steak, wild rice, steamed broccoli and fresh pineapple.

We really can have some very good food as we diet. It's just all in the planning ... this today, that next Thursday ... knowing to be moderate today because you CAN have it again another day, right? :p Sometimes I think the biggest part of losing weight and maintaining is patience (which I don't have a lot of!) :dizzy:

Hope to see you all here tomorrow (if not sooner!) :)

Get n healthy
04-27-2008, 10:57 PM
Hello ladies.

Well, i am SO relieved! I did SO well at the kitchen. NO SWEETS first of all. I ate half of everything that was put on my plate. I kept it at one mixed drink per night. So i was actually pretty happy with my choices this weekend. I am looking forward to being on plan this week and getting my exercise in.

Beben- Sounds like you are doing well...i like the idea of your huffing and puffing walk. I feel SO good after a good hard walk.

Girleyorkie-Ah good for you for getting back to that ticker weight. Seems like that can take forever sometimes.

Katallen- I do calorie counting too. And i am totally feeling ya about getting the nerve up to weigh. I put that off FOREVER this time around. It is just so hard to look at that scale when you have already lost a lot of weight and now you know when you step on that scale it is going to confirm what you already know...you have gained ALOT of it back...or that was my case this time around. So good for you for facing that fear and taking back control. :carrot:

Friday- Allergies oh allergies. Geeze, i have them BAD this year. So bad that sometimes i sneeze so quickly in a row that i cant even breath right...or start sneezing while i am driving and have to pull over...rediculous...so i can relate. Hope the B-day party went well.

ok, bedtime ladies.
Goal for this week:
1700 cals a day
lots of water
exercise everyday during the week this week.

babenwaiting
04-28-2008, 11:34 AM
Good morning, all! :sunny:

My report for the past week: 1 pound lost (wish it were more) but I'll take it! :) So that puts me at about 223#, 8# off in the last 17 days. I have exercised 11 of 17 days, so I'm pleased overall. I did decrease my salt intake last week, as well as pick up the pace of my exercising.

I'm beginning to feel a little bit "lighter" in my middle so that is a good feeling. So for next week, I want to exercise at least 5 of 7 days, cut the salt back more, AND get the calories down some. I'm usually in the 1600 to 1700 range, and I know I'll lose faster if I can cut that down by a couple of hundred!

Stacey, GOOD FOR YOU for doing so well this past weekend! :flow1: I'm proud of you! Sounds as though you had a good weekend.

Where's the rest of our crew? Anxious to hear from everybody ... :)

girlieyorkie
04-29-2008, 07:32 PM
My report for the past week: 1 pound lost (wish it were more) but I'll take it! :) So that puts me at about 223#, 8# off in the last 17 days.

:congrat: Way to go!

Well, i am SO relieved! I did SO well at the kitchen. NO SWEETS first of all. I ate half of everything that was put on my plate. I kept it at one mixed drink per night. So i was actually pretty happy with my choices this weekend. I am looking forward to being on plan this week and getting my exercise in.

Girleyorkie-Ah good for you for getting back to that ticker weight. Seems like that can take forever sometimes.

Good for you. I wish I could say the same.:( Not only did I not stay on plan when we had guests for dinner saturday, but I did bad as well sunday when we had dinner with my mother in law.:ink:
So I did not dare step on the scale.
Oh well, time to get back on track.

girlieyorkie, I love Florida. One of my favorite vacation destinations is the Gulf Coast beaches from Clearwater to Sanibel Island! Where are you from in Florida?

I'm from Fort Pierce in St. Lucie County. Not much going on in that city, altho' I must admit that it have grown a lot since I left the area.
In the old days, I always drove to Ft.Lauderdale or West Palm Beach to shop, but lately there have been some shopping malls sprouting all over the place, as well as in nearby cities.

Yesterday, I realized that I have to renew my RN license by April 30 and I don't have any CEU credits, so I purchased some home study courses online. I'm not quite done yet, but I'm getting there.
I don't know why I bother to maintain my license. I haven't been in the work force for many, many years.
I need to finish my home study course, so talk to you guys later.:wave:

babenwaiting
04-30-2008, 11:04 AM
Good morning, everyone. I'm smiling here ... :D ... as I just dropped my 9th lb., according to Mr. Scale, this morning. I also got in a long walk yesterday, on a day that was perfect for it. You know the kind of day ... crystal blue sky, slight breeze, in the 60's. Soon it will be so hot here, a person can think he's landed in Haedes!

girlieyorkie, hope you manged to get everything done for your RN license renewal by now. It's probably good to keep that license current; we can never be sure what tomorrow will bring. We were discussing your living in Denmark. I think I would find it harder to control my appetite if I lived where it was colder most of the time. I love to make thick soups, eat big hunks of bread and cheese with it, in the winter-time. Do you miss the warm weather in Florida, or are you perfectly happy living where you are? Don't dwell on your little lapse this weekend; it's over now, and you're back on track! We all do that; I have Mother's Day coming up soon, and I KNOW that day will be a wash!

Stacey, how are you doing? Hope you're having a good week. How's your daily exercise coming? I missed Monday, because of stormy weather but hope I'll make it the rest of the week.

Well, girls, have a good day. (Time to clean, and we may go to see "The Counterfeiters" tonight.)

Get n healthy
04-30-2008, 08:37 PM
Hello ladies.

Hey babenwaiting- Good job on the pound lost and 9# total. One more step in the right direction.:cp: We have the same daily calorie goals. I do fine on weekdays...weekends usually kill my week though. I know what you mean about it being hot soon. I am in TN and boy oh boy, we had something like 30 days over 100 degrees in a row last year. :devil: Talk about hadees.

Girlieyorkie- What kind of nursing are you into? I used to really want to be an ER nurse. Ended up having kids instead, but i would still LOVE to be a nurse. I am a medical transcriptionist now and i work from home...i like it pretty good.

Well i am having a good week. On monday i was up two pounds from friday's weigh in, but that is expected for it to be a monday after a weekend out of town AND the dreaded TOM. I cant believe it though, i have done my ellipitical every day this week with TOM being an issue, usually i sit on my butt and do nothing. And man i was craving chinese food today but i didnt cave. I went and got a 6' sub at subway and kept it healthy. :dancer:

ok, time to go find my children...its too quiet in the house...and with kids that is never a good sign. ;)

babenwaiting
05-01-2008, 11:25 AM
Morning, all ...

Stacey, you said "I went and got a 6' sub at subway and kept it healthy." I believe you meant a 6" sub, right? :D A 6' sub??? That's what I'd LIKE to eat!!! :devil: :p Where are you in Tennessee? I visited over in Jonesborough/Johnson City a few years ago, and thought of moving there. Some of my family is from TN ... I want to do a trip to Nashville sometime, to go to the Grand Ole Opry AND see a Predators/Hurricanes game (and Vince Gill! :D)

Finally got back in the Y pool yesterday, and did an hour of water aerobics moves. YAY! The water was perfect, and it felt good to be back in it. When I get off here, I'm going out for a long walk for my exercise for today. Today is the 21st day I've been on program, food and exercise-wise.

girlieyorkie, good morning ... hope you got your RN license all renewed, and can relax about it now.

Prepping, katallan, Friday ... hope you'll drop back in and let us know how you're doing, or just to say hi! We miss you ... :)

Have a good one, ladies! :sunny:

Get n healthy
05-03-2008, 10:51 PM
Hello ladies,

hows the weekend treating ya? I had my little splurge yesterday, as i do every friday, got it out of my system and i am right back on plan today. Even kicked up my workout a notch by upping my ellipitical time by 5 more minutes. It was one of those days where it just felt good to sweat and move.

Bebenwaiting, yeah, make that a six INCH sub, ha ha ha ha.

I am in Chattanooga, TN...the south east corner. Glad you liked your visit to my neck of the woods. Ah water aerobics...that sounds nice. Good job with the 21 days on plan...WOOHOO way to go girl.

ok, time to wrap it up for tonight. Sleep well and wake up lighter ;-)

momof4under5
05-04-2008, 12:05 AM
how does the excercise ball work?? What are some of the excercises on it and where does it help lose the weight??

Get n healthy
05-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Hey momof4, i use the exercise ball sometimes with a video by Gunner Peterson. You can do all kinds of stuff on that ball. But if you dont have a video you have to get creative. But you can do the sit ups on it and that is great for your back support. Then push ups, where your knees are on the ball and hands on the floor. Just lots of little things like that. I prefer the core secrets videos though.

babenwaiting
07-29-2008, 08:18 PM
This thread seemed to fade away after about three weeks ... postings were rare so ... I just *went away* to do the best I could for the Summer, which included about 5 weeks of traveling. In case any of you OP's are still there and want to hop back on, I'm game! :) I HAVE lost 18 lbs. over 3 and 1/2 months, did have the 15lbs. off by about mid-June! I still have quite a ways to go, and am dieting now in prep for a vacation in September. If anyone is interested, we can fire up the engines again, and support each other on here. :)