30-Somethings - Week of March 3rd!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Full Version : Week of March 3rd!!!!!!!!!!!!

RoadRunner
03-03-2002, 10:25 AM
FEb came and went and soon it will be Easter!!!

Laruen--WOW..almost one year of marriage already...So hard to believe cuz last year at this time I was stressing and U were almost ready to walk down the aisle!!!

Pryia--I dont think I have ever shovelled snow!!!It is definately a work out for the upper body!!!Dont freeze!!!!! :p

Bailey--I am with whoever said it...my all nighters are over with..I am too old for all that now!!!!:D

WE got a nice $500 bonus on Friday...after taxes it was below $300..Talk about some angry people..They took 42% taxes out of it!!!I was happy to have the $298 but was counting on a little bit more!!!It doesnt pay me to work the OT because of the taxes!!!Hmmmm...speaking of...it is time to figure out mine, then dh's and then together to see what is best!!!Life is different now that I am married!!!!!

Well off to cook some Cream of WHeat...I love hot cereal on a cold morning!!!!
Vicki

lyssalou
03-03-2002, 11:58 AM
Hi all.

It is cold in Texas, and that is saying something. We have had such a warm winter this year, that I never needed to by ds a new coat. But I had to go buy him one yesterday. Good thing winter stuff was on half price!!!

I haven't been able to check in since Thursday. I have been so busy cleaning out my house, and spending IRS money, that I haven't exercised either. I guess I will get back on my plan tomarrow. I have however broken 180!!! I haven't been there in five years (Since the birth of dd 3), probably even before that.

I know I am loosing more than two pounds a week, but all I have done is changed what I am eating (No more Quater Pounders with Cheese 3 times a week), and changed my portions to the appropriate sizes. Last week, we did start replacing lunch with a Slim Fast shake, but that is more calories than the plain tuna fish sandwiches on diet bread we were eating before. I am wondering if I should slow down on the weight loss, but it isn't as though I am doing anything unhealthy. One thing I have noticed is that the weight I loose is directly related to the amount of water I drink. I have heard from several people, that if you push the water and do nothing else, you will loose weight.

Ya'll must dread my posts. I seem to have so much to say, and my posts are so long. You see, since my daughters are using a computer based curriculum, we are always on the computers.

Liz - so cool that you get to see the space shuttle. That is something I would love to see someday.

Jul - you never said if you have a website. I still would love to see what you make. Do you make anything with strawberries? I know they aren't that popular, but that is what my house is done in. Also, Happy Belated Birthday

Lauren - Wow, you have now survived the hardest year of marriage. That is the year you have to get used to each others idiosyncrasies. If you did ok accepting those, the next 50 years are a breeze (well, I at least know about the next 14)

Nanci - Hope the pms is better now!!! I think I have 3 weeks of pms, and then one week of sanity while AF is visiting, and then back into pms!!! I'm with you on the need for St. John's Wart (though Valum would be preferable) when I visit my parents. Mine are great people, but I think they just have access to all the wrong buttons on me.

Pryia - I wished it would snow in Texas, but like my late step-father's hat used to say if God wanted Texans to ski, he would have made bs(I won't spell that out!!!) white. I guess it snows in Texas, but never in Houston!

Rabbit - Way to go on the weight maintain while you were away. I hope next time you loose weight!! I am still so thankful to you for introducing that phrase ("expect more of yourself") because it is changing my life on many fronts!!!

Hope everyone else is having a great weekend. Hope those pounds are falling off, and you are all expecting more of yourselves.

Pryia
03-03-2002, 12:31 PM
Good morning! From snowbound--freezing WI!

I have beeen OP for 5 days straight and now on day 6. I have been doing good. Last night was hard, but I did not cave. I have some banked points and gave myself 2 activity points for shoveling. But have not used them.

I am thinking of walking up to the store and buying myself the Tantia scale I have wanted. But I don't know if I am up to that today. Since I know NOONE has figured out what a shovel is here. I have done some around the complex so I can get out my door and to the laundry room. But I am feeling the pain of yesterday. So I don't know how much more I am going to do.

LBH- My son's 1st communion is on your anniversary. So we have 2 things to celebrate.

RR-Feel free to head my way and shovel some of this. We really do not mind sharing.

I am hoping once my laundry is done, I will feel like working out today. I want to start on the arm weights today and maybe see if :ink: fly here tomorrow in the am.

Backfor 2002
03-03-2002, 01:04 PM
Hello!

Vick, You are right time has just flown by. I for one am ready for spring. I start to go stir crazy about this time every year. This is the time of year I start gritching about living in the Pacific NW and insisting that we are moving to AZ or somewhere warmer. DH just nods at me and tells me whenever I am ready. He knows that I would have a hard time leaving our friends and family. But it gets so tempting about this time of year. The gray sky get's to be a bit much. We have had two days in a row of nice sunshine. Cold but Sunny.

Lyssalou, I love your long posts! I often think it is a good thing that I wasn't born 20 years earlier. I would have been one of those ppl hooked on valium. I have only had to take it twice but it sure gives you a nice who cares feeling. Once was to have my wisdom teeth out. I think they good have taken all my teeth and I would have said oh that's nice. My college roommate is my dental hygenist so I always tease the dentist that she works for that they ought to give me it for normal cleanings. So far no go.

Pryia, Woo Hoo on the 5 days op. That is great. You are rockin & rollin there in WI. I am sorry about all the snow. The good news is all that exercise from the shoveling.

Well I am heading out with my friend again to look at wedding dresses. She found one (and bought it) last weekend. She just wants to make sure that there isn't something else out there. We are then going to this Ben Franklin store that is a HUGE craft store. It could be scary I have really been turning into the queen of projects. I have been making wine glass charms, bracelets and earings. Dh has been getting on me about how much money all those beads are. I just tell him there are worse habits. I could be out smoking crack :-)

Everyone have a great day!
Nanci (who has spring fever)

BaileySG
03-03-2002, 01:16 PM
"OUCH" says lizzard, after a week old, dried up orange sails accross cyber space and bonks her in the butt.

Hi to all

Fairly good on points this week - Banked a bunch during the week and used them all friday. Went over on Sat too, so will have to have a low point day today (If I have 16 I would average 25/day, so I will probably wind up just a few over for the week). However, horrible on H2O and Fruits and Veggies! Need to recommit to all 3 next week (would have to have 6 fruits, 11 veggies and about 20 gallons of h2o today to meet my weekly goals!)

Only made it to the gym once this week, but did lots of running around. Also, skied from 8-12 on saturday. I went downhill skiing twice in 3rd grade and once in high school. This was my first time off the bunny hill! BF used to teach skiing and was a wonderful help. It was so great! Neet to work on my upper body strength to help with getting up after a fall (bf had to drag me to my feet). Wish I could go every day - great exercise and tons of fun (so sore today...)

Was out of town 2 days and went over by about 12 points each day. Will be out of town 19 of the next 37 days. If I don't do better that will be, well.......NOT GOOD! (12x19 = 228 points, at roughly 50 calories a point, that is 11,400 calories. If it's true that 3,500 calories is a lb, that's 3 lbs. Not so bad, but not what I want! So, I will try to be good and try to get in lots of exercise to make up for extra points.

Need to work this afternoon and tomarrow, then Tuesday off to SLC with bf. We have not been back since we moved in June. We are so excited! Should be weird since the olympics have come and gone...

Go directly from there to DC for a conference on monday and tuedsay. Home wendesday, thurdsay, friday, then leave for europe on saturday for a conference. Back on Thursday, march 21st. Have 2 weeks at home before going to Florida for 5 days in april! I have only been on 1 trip (business) in the past YEAR - how did these all wind up back-to-back? Oh well, should be great.

REALLY want to stay op, as I would like to lose another 10 before florida. I have 4 1/2 weeks, so it is not likely, but I will do my best! Would love to feel comfortable in a bathing suit! Guess I should get my butt in gear and go to work so I can make it to the gym this afternoon!!!:strong:

LBH: Don't let the scale get you down! Hold out for your measurements - I am sure you will see good results! Keep up the great work on the exercise. Glad the review went well after all. Remember - everyone deserves McDonalds once in a while! I, myself, had a cheeseburger for lunch Friday AND Saturday!

Lyssa: If that saying is true (gain a baby, lose your mind), I had better be careful, cause there is not much left as it is :lol:. Hope dd's pink eye is cleared up - Glad to hear about the IRS$. You are doing so great with your new lifestyle! The one thing I would check is to make sure you are getting enough calories or points or whatever. I read somewhere that you should take your weight and multiply by 15 to get the number of calories you need to maintain your body weight. So, 180 x 15 = 2700. To lose 2 lbs a week, you basically need to cut 1000 calories a day, which would put you at 1700 (I know, actually under! congrats on breaking 180) calories a day. I have also heard NO ONE should go under 1,000-1,200 calories a day - it is not healthy. So, if you are eating enough calories and are still losing over 2 a week, I would not worry too much yet. I'm sure it will slow with time. How long have you been at this? Keep up the great work!

RR: LOL about the cats following you. Gosh, I can pull the occasional all-nighter although it is much harder as I get older, but I could NEVER be up that early on a consistent basis. Must be great to be off so early though.

Rabbit: Where did you go in atlanta? I miss being there - great city. That is the greatest thing about the health club - you should be so proud. Congrats on the maintain and best of luck requiring more from yourself.

Nanci, I agree that 4 oz of wine is not really a reasonable portion. More like 44 :devil: But seriously, that is what they say, so that is what I go with. I try to have no more than 16 oz on any given day, and try to keep this to 32 oz total for the week. Not easy, as we have a lot of dinner plans and everyone around here seems to drink about a half a bottle each with dinner EVERY DAY!!! It was much easier in SLC, where drinking is done but still seen as a tabboo. Anyhow, If I want 8 glasses of wine a week - I need to have 16 less food points. I seem to be able to eat a low # of points fairly easily - so I can bank them for the wine. However, after 16 oz of wine on 16 points of food, the next day is rough. Then, I want to eat like 1000 points!! So, really should just cut the wine. It is so hard, though, as it is literally everywhere here!
GREAT JOB on keeping those pigs in ther air. I now only have one pig. He keeps running across the roof of the barn and taking off, only to come crashing down :lol:. I am going to try to get him into a decent flight pattern this week, and the add more to the fleet as time permits. Sorry to hear about the pms - hope the DH and the dog pull through!

Pryia: When I was in graduate school, I lost a ton of hair. Clinical diagnosis? STRESS! So, in order to keep your hair from falling out, all you need to do is lower your stress! Now, why did I never think of that myself? And there I was, purposly keeping my stress levels high. Go figure. Anyway, 6 years later and out of graduate school it is getting thicker again. Great job on being op - you deserve a great loss when you finally make it to WI. How nice to shovel for your mom (and what great exercise)

Lizzard: YEAY on the pants!! That's great. Best of luck with the application. Sounds like others know you can do it. I am so excited for you. No I never ate the orange (tried to make a funny joke at the top, but it has probably been too long for anyone to remember). Cool on the exercise challenge and the shuttle launch. How far from Naples are you? We will be there for 5 days, but have no car and I think it is a long trip (big state!)

Elisa: Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. Hope you made it through working late. YOU CAN DO THIS!! I doubt ww would recommend this, but maybe you might consider trying to take a week or 2 off and then start up again? This may be bad advice, but it might help you mentally get back on track. In addition, it might shake up your body and get it back into losing mode. Or try switching the types of food you eat. When you eat too much of the same things your body gets in too much of a habit and doesn't lose. Sorry, this is not very helpful - I will keep thinking. Just make a plan and stick to it. You will be healthier and eventually WILL get results.

BFB: We MISS YOU! Thanks for stopping in. That shirt should be great motivation. Keep lurking and jump back on the wagon when you feel ready. Hope the rest of life is working itself out.

Juldiet: Belated happy anniversary and B-Day!!! You deserved some quality time and good food. Now, back to work! You can make 20 this year! Do you have any pictues anywhere of the pigs? I think Nanci has a great idea - would love some by my alarm. Just don''t know what color!

WOW - sorry so long. Everyone have a great day!

Rabbit
03-03-2002, 03:51 PM
hi all. Happy Sunday.:) Have had a bit of an m&m problem and now have points to make up for this week . . . sigh . . .

Pryia - Have fun in all of your snow! Hooray for 5 days op.:D

RR - congrats on your bonus. :cool:

Lyssa - Yeah for breaking 180!! WooHoo! ~ We love your long posts - no need to apologize. ~ glad to have been helpful! I keep repeating it to myself too - and I've really been changing some things.:)

Nanci - Hope you enjoy the craft store! What fun. I love to be creative.:D

Bailey - you do so good tracking your points! ~ Skiing sounds fun & I'm sure it was marvelous exercise. ~ Have a good time on all of your upcoming trips. Check in whenever you can! We will miss you. ~ I was in Atlanta opening a store so I really didn't see much of the city. Hope to do that another time - I've heard it's a great place. ~ thanks for the good wishes.:D

better run. will have to update my mileage sometime.

Rabbit

Juldiet
03-03-2002, 05:08 PM
Lys: sorry I must of missed your question somewhere. No, I still don't have a website. You can see a large reef fish and a rivercut bowl at http://www.bestofmissourihands.com website. A website of my own is on that long 'to-do' list that I'm not sure if I'll ever get done. We did just get on wholesalecrafts.com but you have to be a retail member inorder to get on that site. Its for taking wholesale orders. I just spent $1000 on that and $600 on new slides...so I really don't want to spend anymore advertizing budget on a website this year. I also have $12,000 of new equipment due to be delivered in the next couple of weeks....a website will have to wait. No strawberries in our glass...but my best friend collects strawberries too.

Lys: your weight loss method is similar to what happened to me. I still haven't started exercising yet (need to now). The 43 lbs came off simply because I couldn't overeat anymore. (history of binge eatting). It was such a suprise and so easy. No I've reached the hard part - the last 20 - and I will have to work at it!!

Bailey: enjoy your trips. We'll be in FL in april too. We'll end up as far south as Naples. Have a wholesale show to do there.
We're going to spend some time with some artist friends (metal) north of Orlando. We're working on a few designs together (mixed media) plus a new mirror for my hall bathroom. We'll drop some purple vase scones in each side of it.

Nanci: no flying pigs in stock, should have some more late this next week. I'll try to remember and send you a few beads that I've made. I like those wineglass tags (neat idea).

I'm anxious for my DH to get home. He said the conference was great this year (I got bored last year so I didn't want to go this time). I'm sure the roads are fine now, but our neighborhood is still a mess. I should get out there and shovel our driveway - but I just dont want to!

The boys and I had a great weekend of cleaning house, rearranging furniture, and movies. The 'chick flick' I enjoyed most was "Woman on Top" with Penelope Cruz. Very funny. Loved the guitar guys that played all the time.

- jul

RoadRunner
03-03-2002, 06:03 PM
Jul--It must have been the weekend of movies...I never saw that one...I rented HardBall--great movie with Keanu Reeves(Yummy)and RatRace which was the funniest movie I have seen in a while......
Take care!!!
RR

lizzard_h
03-04-2002, 11:28 AM
<<Bailey, so that's what the shriveled up orange thing was!! lol!!!>>

Is everyone gonna have a good week??? I'm gonna try and control my PMS eating frenzy that will be hitting me anyday now. I tried to post a picture of the launch but it didn't work -- I'm still new at this stuff. Oh well.... You Northeners need to keep all the cold weather up there!! It's cold and drizzling here in FL and tomorrow morning it's supposed to be 40. Where is Spring???? :cool: I'm sure all of you in the teens this morning feel lots of sympathy for me!!! :lol:

We're gonna have interviews next Monday for the mgmt job. I feel good that I put in for it but I'm feeling even better now that some of my co-workers with much better technical skills than me also put in for it. I'm pretty happy in my current position and will be just as happy if I get to stay here. :) I don't like a lot of stress in my life and getting that promotion will cause me tons of it. I'm happy either way...I love my job no matter what happens.

Bailey, sounds like you had lots of fun. DH and I along with 2 other couples are going to Reno at the end of this month and they all want to ski. I've skied 4 times -- took a lesson the 1st time and broke my wrist the 2nd time. The last time I skied was almost 10 yrs ago and I was miserable -- cried my eyes out that night. It's to the point now I think I have a phobia with it. I'm very frustrated with myself because I don't want to be the only one who doesn't go -- I also don't want to be stuck at the hotel while everyone else has fun. I went to CO about 5 years ago and we had lunch at Vail and just being around the skiers made me upset. I'm really frustrated and actually to the point where I'm not even looking forward to this vacation. Do you or your BF have any suggestions of how I can overcome this ski fear???? Sorry, but this is something that's really bothering me and as the trip gets closer it's getting worse. Anyone here have any advice????

<<raising my glass of water for a toast>> Here's to a good week of staying on plan and getting lots of exercise!!!!

Rabbit
03-04-2002, 01:46 PM
Hi all.:)

I made up some points yesterday for the m&m fiasco, so I am happy about that. Just gotta keep moving in the right direction! I also added 10 minutes to my workout today.:)

Jul - sounds like a fun weekend. I've never seen that movie either.

Liz - actually there were no teens here this morning - it was in the single digits!:( Cold, cold. ~ It is great that you love your job so much.:) ~ Good luck with the skiing thing. ~ I like your toast! I plan to have a great week.

Rabbit
132.979 miles

Juldiet
03-04-2002, 01:55 PM
Lizzard, I am not one to give skiing advice but instead 'like-minded understanding'. My husband loves it! I fear it too. I just don't have the strength in my knees for the turns and stops. In fact the only way I could stop was to ski right into the ski school building. Very funny - very embarrassing! When my husband did finally get me to go up to the top. It took me 3 hrs to come down the run. I covered probably 10 miles just going back and forth sideways. DH was getting very upset at me yelling that we were suposed to be going 'down' not across! I just stood there crying! This was in Canada. Loved the Banff area and finally met some people to try cross country skiing with. that went much better! If we ever go again I will only go cross country - no downhill for me!

- jul

lyssalou
03-04-2002, 05:59 PM
I tried skiing once. I quit before I could even finish my lessons. It just didn't make any sence to me at that point. I guess if I had more access to snowy mountains, I might like to try to learn.

I am having a bad day. Nothing is going right. I have been expecting so much more of my self, and now I have come to a stand still. I am not quitting, but I am overwhelmed at the moment. I think taking on my closet last Friday was premature. I ended up with all of that stuff scattered through out my house, and eventhough I have dealt with most of it, there are somethings I have no clue what to do with it. (Like the kids keep sake stuff) Our house is too small!!! I will be glad for the day we get to move.

I bought 2 new tables with IRS$ with storage space, a new lamp, and a slip cover for my grandmother's chair that my dog messed up when he was in doors. I am excited about making things look a little better, that will help me be motivated to expect more of myself. (That and the fact that this weekend is dd#3 & ds 5th and 4th b-days, and I have company coming over!!)

Liz - Since I am mentioning the dog, I thought I would tell you that since we put him out in the back yard, he is working out great. He is a happy camper, and so are the kids. I think after the birthday party, we may try to let him come in and hang out sometimes. He is such a loving dog, and I am glad we have him. Dogs are a lot of work, but if you are willing to take the good with the bad, they are worth it. Let us know when you get one.

Rabbit - I can not have m&m's in my house right now, because they are one of my favorite candies. When I started this whole cleaning kick, I found some candy (Hersey's kisses with almonds) I had bought for a Christmas ornament I gave as presents. It drove me nuts that they were there. I did break down and ate one, and then had dh take the rest to work. I don't want any illegal chocolate in my house, because I will eat it.

Jul - I tried to look at the website briefly, but didn't see anything. I will try to look more in detail after I finish posting. I love glass art. It is so beautiful. How cool to do what you love for a living.

Baily - I got the joke!!! I remember the day you couldn't convince yourself to eat the orange, and I remember Liz asking you if you ever ate it. Too bad you didn't, that vitamin C would have been really good, and in it's dried out shriveled up form, it does no one any good!!! Have fun in your travels, and check in when you can. Thanks for the info on the calories. I will have to go re-add everything to make sure I am getting enough calories. That is one thing about changing what we eat, is that it has way fewer calories than what we used to eat.

Nanci - I can't imagine the grey skies, but I get tired of 100 degree weather most of the year. It gets too hot to move here in the summer. And electric bills go sky high. Maybe living somewhere in between the north and the south would be better. If there is even such a place. North gets too cold, South gets too hot, California has earthquakes, and Central U.S. has too many tornadoes. I don't think there is a perfect place to live, unless it is Hawaii (oh, too many volcanos)

Pryia - Today is day 7. How is it going? Did you exercise yesterday? I didn't, and since everything went so crazy, I guess I won't today either. Oh well, hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for me.

BFB - How are you? Are you still lurking? Did you ever tell dh about the blouse? I hope you can wear it soon. How about the job situation? Let us know how you are doing.

Have a great day, all

elisa822
03-04-2002, 08:28 PM
Hi Everyone!

I just have a few minutes - still at work - so I thought I'd say a quick hello. Been working late but I haven't been too bad with the food they've ordered. Tonight was tough - chicken wings, chicken fingers and fries (and veggies and dip). Very yummy but not great for points. It was good because I'd only had 8 points before dinner and I had one wing, 5 fingers, a few fries and some veggies with my Diet Coke. I don't know the points involved but I did the best I could really.

Lyssa - don't despair, we all feel like that sometimes. You know sometimes if you just ride it out, you'll feel better soon. Do your best and know (as Scalett O'Hara says) tomorrow is another day!!

Rabbit - you and those M&M's!!! Good Luck.

Liz - good luck with the interview, sounds exciting and you have a great attitude so you can't lose.

Bailey - thanks for the encouragement and tips. I think I already had my couple weeks off so I've just been trying to keep things in check. I (like so many people) gain weight so easily so I have to be careful and even being just a little lax I only maintain so if I go over a few points everyday, no wonder I don't lose. But things have gotten better in the last few days and I see that 140something approaching - keep you posted! I like your calculations for your trip and gaining 3 lbs wouldn't be so bad but maybe being a little careful you could manage to maintain. I hope it goes well for you. I know what it's like when you have a trip to plan for.

Hi to everyone I've missed - back to work!

Oh - one more thing, speaking of movies people have mentioned here - anyone remember the movie Little Darlings with Kristy McNichol and Tatum O'Neal?? It was on on the weekend and I watched it. It was still great!

Elisa

Backfor 2002
03-04-2002, 09:02 PM
Hi everyone,

Well I got off work early because I had to go to the Dr and get some blood taken from me. UGh I so dislike that. I get so worked up that I have actually fainted before. The poor gal trying to get it out of me. Oh well it is OVER.

I saw the duchess this AM at the super meeting. It was great. She is very motivational and a great speaker. If any of you have a chance to go to one in your area do it. They had 4 success stories. One gal had lost 240lbs. Her story was very touching.

Bailey, Oh my 19 out of 37 is a lot of days. You will do well with it though!

Rabbit, Good job on making up some of those M&M points. You are doing so well, keep thinking of your mantra.

Jul, Thanks for the info on the pig. I will be looking for it.

Liz, Boy the skiing thing is a tough one. I guess I would have to say do you even want to ski? If you don't maybe you could check into a day at one of the spas there. That way you would be doing something for you and not feeling bad while they were all gone. If you do want to ski why not call ahead and make reservations for a private lesson. You might feel better if you don't feel like everyone is waiting and watching you. Let us know what you decide. I can tell you Tahoe is one of the best places I have ever skied (haven't skied in years) It is gorgous even if you don't ski.

Elisa, I use to love that movie!

Lyssalou, I sure hope the day got better.

Take care everyone
Nanci

BigPhatBooty
03-04-2002, 11:09 PM
3.08am here - can't sleep and have just managed to lose my long post. Nite all

BaileySG
03-05-2002, 03:23 AM
Well, kids...

definately in some type of a manic phase - sorry you are suffering the brunt of it! Worked from 9 am to 1 am today - just got home. Need to pack and get organized for tomarrow - drop dog at canine camp, drop car home, walk to T, take T to work and finish up prep for conference, do errands, walk to BF''s work and get cab to airport (5:55 flight) - WHATEVER!!

Anyway- feeling pretty good despite it all - I was made for springtime! (I know it is still cold, but all my trips have me thinking spring). After rejoining WW, I lost 0.2 over my first 3 wi's. Not even a measily .1 a week. Well, today I was down 2.8!!! AND AF is here and my stomach is about out to the next room, so maybe I will do ok next week even with the trip!

This question may annoy some of you, but anyone have trouble getting enough points some days? Like today, I was just too busy. It is 2 am and I think I am only up to like 12 points. I know this is no worse than the occasional day above (and I have plenty of those) but I always fear that I am doing real damage to my long-term weight loss efforts. I could EASILY eat enough brownies to get up to my point range, but we are out of milk! Really don't feel like eating just to get the points in. Anyone else ever have this problem? - Anyway, not too worried as I am sure I will make up for it this week.

Rabbit: Now Rabbit, you must tell, exactly what does 27 points worth of M&M's look like? YUMMY! Do what ya can to make up some and then move on. You can do it! About tracking points while away - I am not always so good at this but I try to really stick to 3 meals a day with no grazing so that I will be able to remember everything when I can finally write it all down. Always plan to snack on fruits and veggies but it never seems to happen!

Juldiet: When is your show in Naples? I go to their show whenever it is going on while I am there. So much fun! What a great job. If you are there while we are, I will definately stop by!

Lizzard: Hope all goes your way on Monday and you get what you truly want. It is so great to love your job! I need to work on that. Love your toast. Will do my best! See next post re skiing.

Lyssa: Sorry to hear you are having such a tough day - We are here for you if you need us! Wow, you have so much on your plate - I don't know how people manage 1 child, let alone 4! My advice? Throw everything out!! I actually can't do it myself, but I try. My sister is REALLY good about giving away anything her family does not use and/or need. Their place always looks great and they save a lot of "chore time" for WORK!! Glad you got my joke! Have fun with the BD parties.

Elisa: OOOHHH.... I was working alone on 9 points for the day when I read your post - I was actually drooling!! Glad I don't have to deal with that at work though, no one is that strong! You did great! I can feel that scale gettin ready to say 14?!! Go get it. Will do my best with the trips... I can do it?

Nanci: Glad to hear you survived the blood letting. My advice for next time?? WINE FIRST!! :lol: Just jokin, seriously I think that could be hazardous to your health. How cool to see the dutchess! Thanks for the words of encouragement.

BFB: Good to see ya! Sorry about the post.

OK, seriously have to go pack - after a quick ski note.

BaileySG
03-05-2002, 03:49 AM
Skiing - OK - the whole truth.

As I said, I had only been a few times before. In 3rd grade, right after we moved to a new town, my parents made me take after school ski lessons. I had never skied before. I didn't know anyone. I was shy and afraid to go so far with strangers on the bus. I had no coordination and was terrified the whole time. I think I made it through 3 of the 10 lessons.

I did some cross country growing up, but did not get back on skis until my senior year in HS. Six of us went on a ski trip. My friend and I were perfectly happy to sunbathe at the base of the mountain the first day (it was the end of the season). The next day, we decided to hit the bunny slope. When I fall, I have a lot of time getting up, as I had a spinal fusion when I was young. However, we were doing pretty well and having a good time. Then, our friend who is a great skiier and a ski instructor told us that there was one trail that started at the top of the mountain but was easy all the way down. He was sure we would love it...

The ride up the mountain in the gondola was beautiful. We all had lunch at the top (always felt left out of that part before). Then we hit the slopes. Suffice it to say it was not pretty - after quite a scene, the guys skied off and left us. My friend took off her skis and started walking - I followed suit. Our friends passed us THREE times on the way down. Strangers kept asking if we wanted them to call ski patrol for us. The skis were heavy and the snow was slippery. NOT A FUN DAY.

So then I moved to SLC for seven years and NEVER WENT SKIING. Felt kind of left out sometimes, but since the mountains were right there and it wasn't an overnight type of thing, it was not so bad. Met the BF the last year there. He tried to convince me to go skiing with him, but I avoided it.

The only reason I went on this trip is because my sister and her hubby rented the ski house for the weekend primarily so my BF would get to go skiing. How could I say no? My BF did such a good job helping me I really had a good time.

However: The rental guy was all excited to give me a "special" pair of rental boots that had been a friend of his (higher quality than the regulars). Well, I sat down to put them on, got my feet in, and then just stared at them. The buckles were about 2 feet apart! After calling me "big calf girl", the rental guy adjusted them a bit so that they just missed severing my leg at shin level when they buckled. I would up skiing with the top buckle unbuckled and they were STILL tight. Not the most pleasant experience. (But pretty darn funny!)

And: When getting ready for a quick zip down the bunny hill before moving on to bigger and better things, I FELL OFF THE BUNNY HILL LIFT! Smooth, graceful, classy. I could not move or get up. That would have been it for me for the day, but the BF leapt off the lift to my rescue and dragged me to my feet.

Then, on the last run of the day, I was tired. I started to have a little trouble and wound up getting a little panicky and hysterical. Hurt the BF's feelings, but he just stayed behind me until I got in trouble and then offered advice. It was not fun that run, but not too painful.

CONCLUSION??? It would have been aweful without the BF.

Here is my advice - Try a private lesson. It might really help. If that is not possible, here is what I know now:

1) It is not possible to lean too far forward. The "port-o-potty" stance comes in quite useful. Leaning back = bad. When in doubt, lean forward (It helps to have someone behind you SUGGESTING this).

2) Get comfortable with stopping (either by turning up hill or by snow-plowing and really digging your edges in). Realize that you can always slow yourself down and eventually stop.

3) Fall on purpose before you start. It takes the "fear of falling" away and makes you take a serious look at whether or not you can get yourself up. Without help from the BF, I have to take my skis off to get up - then they are hard to get on on the mountain without falling...

4) Lead with your hips, not your shoulders (I'm not so sure about this one, but the BF INSISTS)

5) Take it slow, start on the bunny hill and stay there until you are comfortable. Ask the lift guy what trail he would recommend next. Stay in your comfort zone, even if it is just the slope that LEADS to the bunny hill (trust me, it's a little scarry first off!)

6) When you start to get tired, take a break so you don't get in over your head.

OR.............GO TO THE SPA!

lizzard_h
03-05-2002, 01:33 PM
Ugghhh...I'm having one of them days. Didn't sleep worth a darn last night, had two hours of boring training this morning, and have class tonite. I'm also gonna get my hair chopped off (hopefully I'll lose a pound too!!). After reading Bailey's story I'm pretty sure I'll be finding something fun for me to do when everyone goes skiing. I was having total flashbacks and my stomach got knots in it. I didn't mention I broke my wrist on the bunny slope the 1st run of the 2nd morning after taking lessons the whole day before. My wonderful BF at the time found my instructor and showed him my brand new cast later that afternoon. :( I was too drugged up on pain killers to care.

Bailey, thanks for your advice and story (and the butterflies you gave me). :) Spa day sounds much better to me!! I hope you got off on your trip okay. Don't you love the stress before you travel? I guess that is to make you enjoy your time away even more.

BFB, sorry you lost your post. I know how frustrating that is. I should have gotten outta bed and we could have chatted. :) Instead I just laid there and watched the minutes go by.

Nanci, does anyone like needles?? I used to donate blood a lot but I would almost always faint. They finally told me to stop donating. Oh well, I tried. I like your spa idea. DH said I could do anything I wanted while in Reno and he'd pay for it. I'll see if mudbaths and massages were included in that deal. :D

Elisa, great job on resisting all that tempting food - or at least not losing control. You have more willpower than me. I loved Little Darlings -- one of my fav movies when I was a teenager.

Lys, don't let the stress and chaos get to you. When things seem overwhelming to me I just try and look at things individually. Start in one spot and do what you need to do before moving on to the next. Before you know it all the clutter will be in it's place. That's how I clean my house every weekend. :lol: It's when you try and do it all at once things seem completely out of control. Did you ever see the movie "What About Bob?" Baby Steps -- that's my philosophy too. We won't be getting a dog until after this summer -- too many travel plans until then.

Juldiet, thanks for your story. I can relate. My BF was skiing behind me and thought I was doing a great job going down the bunny slope until he realized I was flying straight down with no control. Luckily, that fence was at the bottom to stop me. My cheering crowd said I did a flip over it. :lol: :lol: "Graceful" is not my middle name!!

Rabbit, good job making up the points and adding the exercise. I can't have any candy in the house or at my desk or it would be gone before I even knew what I was doing. Brrr...single digits? It was 35 here this morning. What is going on??? It's March in Florida?!? The news this morning said they actually got some snow flurries and a little sleet in Jacksonville last night. Isn't Spring Break right around the corner???

lyssalou
03-05-2002, 05:01 PM
OK, today is a better day. Dh came home last night, and helped me get out of the "hole" I had dug for myself. We had to move the closet bar higher, and re-arrange some of the shelves to put all of the kid's keepsake stuff on. After that I felt a little less overwhelmed, and picked up a little more, and I think I will be able to handle it now. I don't know what I would do with out dh. He is one in a google-plex!!! (can anyone count that high?)

I recounted my calories, and I eat about 300 for breakfast, 300 for lunch, and 400 for dinner. That is the bare minimum I should be eating. Dh and I decided to add a few things to our diet. I love milk, and had quit drinking it except for in my cereal in the morning, so that is an easy to improve my calories. We are going to add a glass of orange juice to breakfast with protein powder. For extra fat, I am going to work on cooking more with Olive Oil since that is a healthy fat that will help lower cholesterol. And there is always my occasional scoop of Blue Bunny ice cream. But I do like all the weight I am loosing. It is not like I am actually starving myself. I am rarely hungry, and when I am, I eat. I also eat when I am supposed to eat, even if I am not hungry.

Liz - the spa idea does sound fun, but private lessons could be fun too. Hope you get better sleep tonight. I try too look at overwhelming projects as Elephants. My late step-father used to always say, "How do you eat an elephant?...One bite at a time!"

Baily - I don't know when or if you will get this, but have a good time. Behave yourself, and loose lots of weight while you are gone. Let us know how you are doing when you can.

Elisa - WTG on watching what you eat despite the temptations put infront of you.

Nanci - Too cool that you got to meet the Dutchess. I have always admired her spunk.

BPB - It was nice to hear from you even if you had a hard time of posting. I hope you will have a better time soon. And that you will sleep better tonight.

Someone asked before my last post when I had started to loose weight. (I tried to find out who, but couldn't find that post, :?: ) Anyway, January 25, 2002, and I've lost almost 20lbs. I hope I don't gain it back by increasing my calories, but I certainly don't want to loose my health at the same time.

Hope you all are having a great day!!!

RoadRunner
03-05-2002, 05:58 PM
Hello all!!!
Just call me "Queen of the SNowplowers!!!!"..I have to say, I enjoyed the bunny slopes and stayed on them the whole week...I took the school but fell off the lift a few exits...I even slipped with those boots and fell on the deck with everyone watching..Such a graceful experince!!!I say go for it and have fun!!!!!!!

Got back from the dentist soo I have a nice fresh mouth!!!!
Have a good one!!!
RR

Rabbit
03-05-2002, 06:26 PM
hI ALL.:)

Lyssa - I shouldn't have m&m's in the house either - I know better. I had them to make some cookies for dh's business with their colors. Good idea to have dh take the chocolate to work. I had dh hide the easter candy I have bought.

Elisa - Oh, that ordering in at work would be tough! Congrats on handling it.

Nanci - Sorry they took your blood! ~ What kind of super meeting did you go to?

Bailey - Hooray for your loss!! ~ I didn't eat all 27 points at once - it was a few days.

Liz - I'm still working on making up those points, a few at a time.:)

gotta run. Rabbit

LBH
03-06-2002, 10:21 AM
Hi All,

Hmm...seems like I haven't posting on the weekly thread in awhile, but I guess I lost track. I've been busy, but I'm here reading and posting my useless food log everyday! :rolleyes: Have not been doing very good on the food lately, can't seem to keep anything out of my mouth.:ink:

I missed exercising Monday night, but I had to go shopping to get a planner refill and black shoes!! I still didn't get the planner refill because it doesn't start until July!! Hmm...last year I got it for April!! So I bought a few blank months and will have to pick it up in June. I did get the shoes though....did I tell you all about the shoes I bought last week or something? I desparately needed new shoes...black and brown. The black ones were these stretchy fabric ones and booties, and both were really stinky. I had brown booties that are fairly new, but kinda stinky and I just needed shoes. So I said, OK, I know my bigass Dutch feet (size 11) will need to spend more than I like to (that's the scottish side), so I go to Nordstrom, because I know they carry my size. I got the brown ones...they were 99.95!! :eek: :eek: That's the most I've ever spent on a single pair of shoes...I'm not a shoe junky...Payless works for me. Anyway, I got over the shock and when the salesperson handed me the bag and said enjoy them, I cringed and said, I better...for at least 5 yrs. or so!! Well, went back there Monday night and they got them in in back, so again, I cringed and handed them my debit card. But at least I have shoes now!! :D

I went bowling last night...didn't blow it off, like I've been trying to do the whole season! Did pretty good. We were at the end, with no one next to us on one side, so it was nice. It wasn't smooshed and smokey. I bowled better than usual...150something, 170 and 148. My current average is 139.

Have a sinus headache, think I'll take drugs now to head it off. Its' supposed to get up to almost 60 today! :D Oh, that vacation I wanted to win...obviously I didn't win it, but they're down there this week, and they said they have yet to see the sun!! :lol: Makes me feel better. Oh, and I hear them complaining a bit about the accomadations too. :devil: Hehehe...

Have a great day all!!

lyssalou
03-06-2002, 12:41 PM
Guess who has pink eye now? Me!!! So far the other kids are ok, but I was helping Emma with her eyes before we had a clue it was pink eye. We first thought it was just a stye or something simple like that. But no, it is pink eye the week before the little ones birthday party. I hope we don't have to cancel it. Luckily the dr. gave us enough medicine to treat everyone. (oh no, I just checked Chris, and his eyes are watering too.:cry: )

LBH - Glad you are still around, sorry about the price of your shoes. Emma has extremely wide feet, and I fear that she will have to spend big bucks on her shoes when she gets older. When she wore kids sizes, we could never find shoes for less than $50, and very few of those. She never gets to wear the really pretty shoes because they never come in wide widths, but at least now that she wears a size 5, we can find wide width for less $.

I am sure I will check in later. Hope you are all having a great day!!!

lyssalou
03-06-2002, 02:47 PM
I am shocked and relieved to have this information.

I have a friend who's bil is a homeopathic dr. He has told her and her family how to make colloidal silver, and she has given it to me and her dad gave me a generator to make it myself. I know they are only trying to be nice, and until today, I was a skeptical believer in it. You see, we have used it in the past, and it seemed to have dramatic results in helping us get and stay well. I have been out of colloidal silver and unable to purchase silver for making my own. Well, with the pink eye in our home, I thought I would try to buy silver rods, but I ran into this site (http://homepages.together.net/~rjstan/ ) and saw what using silver can do to a person. I am not willing to subject my children to the possibility of having problems for the rest of their lives, and I don't want anyone else to be unaware. I have researched its safety in the past and found no real warning against its use until now.

I just had to share because the negative info isn't out there, but colloidal silver is all over the health food markets.

Juldiet
03-06-2002, 03:42 PM
Lys: I've never heard of that silver stuff. Guess I don't hang out at the health stores enough.
If its any comfort pink eye is extremely contagious. There isn't much you can do to keep everyone in the family from getting it. Hang in there!

Bailey: the Naple show is April 18-19. I don't even know where yet in Naples, they haven't sent out the info packets yet! Wierd!

Lauren: You'll probably enjoy those shoes! I won't go back to cheap shoes. I've had problems with planter fasia (or something like that) and I can't wear cheap or flat shoes anymore. My feet feel much better now.

I need to get to town and run a few errands.

Later, jul

Rabbit
03-06-2002, 09:24 PM
Hi all!

Oh, I have been busy, busy. But thought I'd check in for a minute. I haven't even updated my daily food log for 2 days - and I won't be doing it tonight - but I am counting points anyway (and staying within range & making up some of those m&m points STILL).

Lauren - Enjoy those new shoes! Hopefully they'll be really comfy. I'm with Jul, I can't wear flat shoes like I used to. ~ Wow on your bowling scores - you're really good!:eek:

Lyssa - Sorry to hear about all the pink eye at your place.:( ~ I have never heard of the silver stuff either, but thanks for the warning.

better go - I'm bushed. Take care all.

Rabbit

lizzard_h
03-07-2002, 09:30 AM
Hi everyone,
Okay, I'm here for support today!! :( I'm feeling like crap -- no energy, depressed, and overall yucky!! AF is just around the corner so I'm sure that's why but man I hate feeling this way. What I wouldn't give for a gallon of choc chip ice cream, a bag of M&M's, a pillow and a blanket!!! :D I did manage to drag my butt into the gym this morning but only exercised for 30 min instead of 1 1/2 hrs like I was supposed to. I made the mistake of shaving a very sensitive area more than normal a few days ago and now I am dieing. Seriously!!! I'm in major pain. That will never ever happen again!! I walked on the treadmill this morning for about 20 minutes -- until I was almost crying. :lol: Then I said forget it. Hopefully after this weekend I'll start feeling more like myself. Sorry if this was TMI!!

Juldiet
03-07-2002, 11:09 AM
Lauren, I wish you hadn't put the shoe idea in my head. I'm out around $200.00 too. Bought 2 pair last night while waiting to pick up DH from his guitar buddies. I'd stopped by once to pick him up and they asked for 30 more min. That was an expensive 30 min.!! :)

Lys, be glad you shaved instead of Nair'd there. My friend tried the Nair and she can barely walk! Hives, rash, itching, pain. She came over yesterday to visit, had the lightest weight dress on, no undies, no slip, and was walking bowlegged. Poor Jen!

- jul

Rabbit
03-07-2002, 12:37 PM
HI ALL.

Boy my life has been hectic this week! We had cable installed (and a pipeline for dsl) and got the satellite disconnected. I had bug guys here - so had to clean out my closets & under the sinks for them. We drained our waterbed & moved all the furniture out of our bedroom (cleaned out all the drawers & dresser) so that we can get the floors done. Last night I vaccumed my ceiling in there - I have a textured ceiling, it worked well. Anyway, I've been meeting myself coming & going. It is nice to have my closets gone through, my drawers, and under the sinks!:D I got rid of a lot of junk. And set stuff aside for a rummage sale. Tomorrow the floors get done. Next week we get a new mattress. Hooray!

I have weigh in tonight & I hope I can go. I seem to REALLY be retaining water - I feel puffy. And don't want to go if I weigh a ton. We will see. I was crabby yesterday - I wonder if its pms time . . .

Liz - Hang in there!!:) Hooray for going to the gym even when you didn't feel like it. That is really setting yourself up for success to be able to pull yourself there when you don't want to. Congratulations.

Jul - and I had thought nair might be a good thing & get rid of the rash problem! The life of a woman . . .

gotta run - Rabbit

lyssalou
03-07-2002, 12:45 PM
Jul - That will teach dh to be ready when he is supposed to be!!! It will be too expensive for him to keep you waiting!!!:s:

Liz - Sorry to hear about the delicate rash:o , but I hope it will be better soon. Exercise for 1 1/2 hrs? Wow, I'm doing good when I go for 30 min. About feeling down, go for the blankie and the pillow, and find some great movie to take your mind off of your troubles. What Women Want is perticularly funny. (I just saw a documentary on Mel, he's aging, but he's still a hunk!!!)

Rabbit - Glad you are able to make up those m & m points. It is nice to know that with ww you can blow it, and then make up for it later. When you are done with your house, will you come and help me with mine? :smug:

Well, we are canceling our little ones party because of the pink eye :( . I will still make them a cake, and give them their presents from us, but I doubt anyone else will want to come over with pink eye in the house. That is so sad, turning 4 and 5 with no one to celebrate the day with. Well, better luck next year.

BigPhatBooty
03-07-2002, 04:44 PM
Hi guys - good to see everyone still posting away and honest I am trying to get back into the swing of things.

I started an interim role the other day at PwC - working as a Project Administrator for the HR Business Development Team. Not what I want to do deep down - but hey in this current work environment in London - I am grateful. I am really busy (but hope this doesn't sound beechy :lol: ), but not too keen on the woman I work alongside with. Very unhelpful and a bit of an work offloader - it's amazing how many things she manages not to do or palm off on me - but hey, she'll come unstuck - I really get mad when people take advantage of others (not just me) and sorry to say, but she'll end a cropper because she'll do it to the wrong person. Get this - two of her colleagues left before I even joined and she expected me to do the collection getting money from people who don't know me and she has never bothered to introduce me to. Then she asked me to get the vouchers, so I must have given one of my looks, because she quickly said, in the firm's time not your lunch time - purleease! I took a two hour lunch today - took me 5 minutes to get the vouchers. :lol: She works 3 days a week, so I have two days of bliss. The lady I took over from informed me that this lady used to work in events organisation, but this role can't be done PT - hence her move to the HRBD department. She is currently looking for a new role within the company, but I'm not supposed to know about it. Guess maybe she's miserable and indirectly taking it out on the person who works along side her. Boy I have gone on there!!!

My water intake has increased, been okay for points so far this week, just need to get my booty in exercise mode again.

LBH
03-07-2002, 04:55 PM
Hi All,

Just popping in to say Hi! Kinda busy... Hope everyone is good! BPB, good to see you...and the looonnggg post!! :D

lyssalou
03-07-2002, 04:59 PM
Bpb - it is so nice to hear from you. Glad you got a job, but sorry it is with a difficult person. My step grandmother would say a bee with an itch (:o maybe I shouldn't have said that, sorry if anyone finds that offensive). Hope some one will scratch her itch so you will have a more peaceful life at work. Good for you on the water, and points. I too am struggling with exercise this week. I am doing housework instead!!!

Rabbit
03-07-2002, 07:44 PM
Hi again

Lyssa - sorry about you having to cancel the little ones bday party!:( ~ As for the m&m points, I don't think they're all made up yet, but I'm still working on it!

I've been checking out the ww site - wow, there are some serious people on there! Saw different posts that said - OP since October! I'm impressed.

Have a good (and op) evening!

Rabbit

Backfor 2002
03-08-2002, 12:50 AM
Hi everyone!

It has been a crazy few days. I am wiped out and ready for the weekend.

We got back from WW. We did well. I was down 1.6 and DH was down 2.4. I am having some problems with frustration. The bad part is I know I have no right to be frustrated. I have lost weight every week since starting back and know that I am doing well. The frustration I am feeling is that DH is losing so much faster than I am. I know it is a guy thing and I need to be ok with this. I usually am, just a bit frustrated tonight. SORRY for rambling here!

Work has been nuts. I had to tell someone on my team that they have body odor. NO FUN! Then I had to have an attendance issue discussion with someone. This has been one of those weeks that make me think it is time to get out of the management end of the business.

PBP, Glad to see you are back with us. We have been missing you!

Bailey, Oh your schedule makes me tired just thinking about it.

Liz, I think you should go for a hot stone massage. I have been wanting to try one of those. I that is going to be my reward when I hit my 10% goal.
Sorry to hear about the shaving, YIKES.

Lyssalou, Oh the pink eye is not fun. Sorry it is wreaking havoc on the bday parties.

Lauren, The shoes sound fun. I have definately decided that I have a problem in the last month I have bought 4 pairs of black sandles. I think it is a silent cry for spring/summer.

Rabbit, The super meeting is a giant (1,000 ppl) ww meeting where Sarah the duchess of york leads it. She was awesome, so down to earth. I totally felt like I could sit down with her and yack forever.

Hi to anyone I have missed. I hope everyone has a great Friday.

Nanci

LBH
03-08-2002, 09:43 AM
Hi All,

OK, I'm having serious food issues. I am not really hungry to eat meals, I just want to snack...and looking back at my journal, it's on chocolate! I don't know why I've been like this, I have food in my house that's ready made, just needs warming up. I totally lost my appetite...something that doesn't happen often...the other night when I came home to ants all over my kitchen and laundry area!! :eek: I completely freaked. DH wasn't home, and I was bawling my eyes out in frustration with these ants. We have the little metal tins down that the landlord gave us, and I do my best to keep the kitchen clean, with no crumbs, etc. There were a few crumbs on the floor, but it was like, BAM, they came out of the woodwork!! I sprayed them and then started mopping them up. Then my mop broke. I just stood there crying. I called my mom and cried to her, she suggested I call and see how often to replace the tins, since it didn't say on the package. Online it said every three months...it's only been barely a month and a half!! Finally DH came home and thought I was nuts for getting all upset over it. :rolleyes: He fixed the mop, but broke the sponge, so I went digging around and found another sponge to fit a different mop I had in the closet, so I finished mopping with that. Now I'm on a cleaning binge...which is good, because I'm not the neatest person. I scrubbed the bathroom last night. I am determined to get my house sparkling and clutter free this weekend.

Anyway, didn't mean to turn that into a long rant...the point is, I can't seem to get on track with the food.

Nanci- Congrats on the loss...and try not to be soo down about DH losing faster. Maybe go buy yourself a sexy dress to go with one of those pairs of sandals?! I am having serious cabin fever too...and what's worse is it's been beautiful the past few days and it's supposed to be great all weekend. It'll probably snow in April!! :rolleyes:

Rabbit- Hope WI went good! I'd be happy to be OP one day!!

Lys- Sorry you had to cancel the party. :( I'm sure if you do it up good with just the family, they'll love it!

Jul- Sorry about the shoes, but hey, we'll all have good shoes for awhile!!! :D

Liz- Hope you're feeling better!! :o

RR- Queen of the Snowplowers, huh? OK, when we get a big snow storm in April, I'll call you to come and do the driveway, OK?! :lol:

Bailey- I have never tried to ski, never had the desire to try, and would take the spa or some hot chocolate in front of the fireplace in the lodge any day!! :D

OK, I gotta get some work done! Have a great day all!!

Rabbit
03-08-2002, 01:29 PM
HI ALL.

It is Friday and today my bedroom floor is getting done - it has been such a crazy week here. DH & I have been sleeping all over the house until we can move back in our room. Next step - mattress arrival.

I did not go to weigh in last night. I'm telling ya, I have been feeling so bloated the past couple days I was afraid to. My legs even feel bloated & and my stomach is sticking out a mile. I wonder if I'm going to have the period from h***.:p

I didn't get all my overage in points made up yet - I have +14 in the bank - so I may continue to make them up this week.

Nanci - congrats on the loss!:smug: Try not to let the dh thing get you frustrated (- easier said than done). But you are doing so awesome! I'm thrilled for you. ~ Oh no on the problems at work. I'm sure the b.o. issue was tough to tackle. ~ I didn't know there was such a thing as "super meetings" - cool!

Lauren - sorry about the ants. :( I've had some recently too. I had a bug guy come spray. We were finding them around the bathroom sink - he said they are attracted to a water source.

have a great (op) weekend! (I'm still amazed by that OP since October stuff!)

Rabbit

BaileySG
03-08-2002, 03:14 PM
Popping in to say a quick hello. Not doing too great on the eating here, but not as bad as it could be! Finally got whole office packed up. After quitting school, I could not deal with this task. It has been 8 months. It still made me queasy to be in the building and go through everything...But it's done!! Worked on this wendsday and friday (slept all day thursday = tired from last week). Been seeing friends and family nights - great fun. Just need to eat and drink less!

Liz: Sorry to hear you are having a rough time. Had a similar shaving mishap myself once - OUCH! Chin up, all will get better.

Lyssa: Glad to hear you are better. Sorry about the pink eye and canceling the party! I am sure you will still have fun.

RR: LOL - we should go skiing together some time - we sound like a perfect match.

LBH: Congrats on the new shoes - enjoy them. Sorry to hear about the ant problem.

Juldiet: Sounds like we will miss you by about a week in FLA - Darn!

Rabbit: Wow! Good luck with all that work. Good job on making up those points! I think it would take me a year to make up for this week! Hope the bloating subsides.

BFB: Good to see you! Great on the new job - Sorry about the ........ co-worker

Nanci - Oh, I hope work gets better for you! Don't let that losing machine of a husband get you bummed - YOU ARE DOING GREAT!!

Well, I'm out. Snowing here today, but we have no time to ski. Will catch up when I can.

Juldiet
03-08-2002, 04:35 PM
Nanci: I've never thought it was fair that a guy can say "gee, I need to lose 5 lbs" and boom its gone. This curse of womanly fat must go all the way back to the garden of eden.

Rabbit: enjoy the new floor. I've got 'new kitchen floor' at number 4 on my list right now. We've been talking about a new mattress/bed too. This mattress set is only 7 yrs old - but the boys have used it for bouncing. I've told them they are only allowed to bounce on hotel beds now.

I weighed and did the measurements this morning. Even though I'm bloated and really haven't done anything lately (no exercise, etc..) I was down 1.5 lbs and 1.75 inches. I'm wearing mostly 14's a few 16's and have all the 18's bagged to take them to a consignment shop. I'm starting to 'want' to wear a 12 so maybe I'll see some serious effort out of myself this spring.

- jul

RoadRunner
03-08-2002, 06:38 PM
Hello all...Hmmmm..it is Friday...my day was first cleaning up stomach virus since 12:37 am with SD#2, going to work, leaving work, bringing her to the Dr with DH and then to get x-rays...then closing on my house.....I own nothing now!!!! :( I told DH that I would have to stay married cuz I have no house!!!!I am kind of bummed out but happy....oh yeah..booking the cruise for our anniversary....I think it is time to nap!!!

Wow..everyone has been soo busy...Congrats to all on the weight loss!!!!
I must go bring the other child to get a haircut...Hmmmmm...should I get the car or get pg????? :eek: :rolleyes:
Have a great weekend!!!
RR

BigPhatBooty
03-09-2002, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by RoadRunner
...Hmmmmm...should I get the car or get pg????? :eek: :rolleyes:
RR
What about both :lol:

RoadRunner
03-09-2002, 09:56 AM
Hmmmmmm...pg stomach in a BMW Roadster convertable???????That would be a wonderful site when the firemen would have to cut the car to get me out!!!!!:dizzy: :dizzy:

LBH
03-09-2002, 12:02 PM
OK, did I miss something?? I didn't know you were thinking about a new car RR!!

I'm going to Mom's to try and finish cleaning today. Was up early and went to Home Depot with DH. He and FIL are installing, or trying to install, the fan/light/heat thing for the bathroom! I hope they can get it done today! I tried to clean the shower and door with Lime Away, it worked pretty good, but I'm having a hard time with the chrome on the door. Oh well, I bought a nice sheer panel with some daisies on it to hang over it so you don't see the lime. :D

Anyway, gotta get running, soo much to do today! Have a great day All!

Backfor 2002
03-09-2002, 12:15 PM
Happy Saturday!

Lauren, ICK on the ants. I would be exactly like you, cleaning away to get rid of them.

Rabbit, You guys have been busy around there. Sorry you have been bloated that is not fun. I hope it is not an indication of the period from he...

Bailey, Congrats on getting that office packed up.

Jul, Keep working towards those 12's. I read posts last night and I must have been really excited for ya cause I dreamt last night that I mailed you all of my size 12 shorts that I can't fit into. I have been having some STRANGE dreams.

Vick, Sorry about the stomach virus clean up! I love those little bmw's. It is kind of strange but for some reason most of my friends and I have gone the step parent route. There were quite a few of them that wanted their own kids but the longer they step parented they gradually moved to thinking that was fine and not having their own. Out of 8 of us that are pretty inseperable only 1 has kids that she gave birth to.
Go with what your heart is telling you.

Everyone have a great day. I am off to get a pedicure and manicure. Have to get those toes ready for all those sandals :-)

Nanci

Rabbit
03-09-2002, 02:00 PM
HELLO EVERYONE!

Seemed like a lot of posts for a Saturday!

The floor is done & I love it.:D

Bailey - hooray for getting that office packed up.:) ~ I still have 14 points to make up for but I'm working on it. I carried them over to a new week & still want to make up for them - so I can be like you.:D

Jul - we have been wanting to get a new bed for a couple of years now & finally did it. I'm so excited about it all! ~ Congrats on the pounds & inches lost! And yeah on the size 14's!!:cool:

RR - the cruise will be fun! Where are you going?

Lauren - have fun on your busy day!

Nanci - :lol: on your dream! ~ It is nice that you have so many close friends! Interesting about the stepparent/parent thing. ~ Enjoy your manicure & pedicure.:)

Anybody looking to organize themselves, their homes, their lives - I read about a webstie : flylady.com. Interesting.

Rabbit

Juldiet
03-09-2002, 06:37 PM
Rabbit: I used to be a 'flybaby' but all those emails everyday drove me crazy. It did help me get into the habit of a morning and night routine for cleaning. After awhile the house seems to take less time to clean.

Nanci: Very funny on the dream!

- jul

RoadRunner
03-09-2002, 08:50 PM
Lauren--I always said if I didnt get married and have a baby by 40, then I would get the tubes tied and get another sports car..Now after that mess in Jan, thinking about doing it now...Just a thought..who knows..maybe it is PMS talking......
RR