South Beach Diet - What do I pick?

View Full Version : What do I pick?

tdiprincess
04-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Ok so we were at the supermarket and decided to do salads for lunch.
They only had full fat dressing or fat free.
the regular had 21g fat, 6g carb
the fat free had og fat, 10g carb....

I ended up going with the fat free as in the end, I don't need 21g fat to add to the salad. But next time, should I go with the regular? Its the same at subway... they only have reg. dressing or fat free.
Why don't places have an in-between-ey!!!!

Schmoodle
04-10-2008, 04:03 PM
You don't really have to worry about how many grams of what is in there. It's more important to read the ingredients and see if it's made with good fats or bad, if there are added sugars, and what other crap they might have thrown in there for good measure.

Sometimes there aren't great choices at those places and you have to do the best you can. I'll go for oil and vinegar if it's there. Otherwise, I'll usually have Bleu Cheese or Italian. Ranch is usually okay too, but I don't care for it. But I always read the ingredients if I can. Particularly in vinaigrettes or Italian, they sometimes throw in extra sugar.

tdiprincess
04-10-2008, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the advice.. I'll remember for next time :)
I like the support we get here, its nice!

cottagebythesea
04-10-2008, 07:21 PM
When choosing a salad dressing, you should look for something with no more than 3 grams of sugar in a serving, which is 2 Tablespoons. Other than that, you don't have to be concerned about the amount of fat, etc., in it.