General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-10-2008, 02:18 PM   #1  

Default Canadian and US weather

Hi all, I'm off to Tronto, Montreal, Boston and New York from 28th April. What is the weather like? I want to know, sweaters or shorts!!
sarahgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 02:22 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Well.. it's pretty spring-like around NY & Boston. Pants (Not really shorts weather yet), lighter weight tops (possibly short sleeves), but definitely a jacket.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 04:32 PM   #3  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

I'm in the greater Toronto area and the end of April can be lovely and spring like, freezing cold, or way too hot. Doesn't help much, does it.

I'd suggest a few days before leaving that you check:

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/ind...ecode=caon0696

It's the 14-day weather trend for Toronto. I usually don't believe it much more than 7-days out, but it will give you an idea of what's expected. You can see that the historical high is 12C for the next 14-days, with some predicted above and some below.

I'd think you're likely going to get decent spring-like weather around 15C, but who really knows.

Evenings will be cool though, possibly close to zero Celcius. That's the overnight temp though, evenings won't be quite that bad. If you're going to be outside during the evenings you will definitely need heavier wear.

www.weather.com is the US weather site, although you can likely get Toronto's info there as well.

Last edited by RealCdn; 04-10-2008 at 04:35 PM.
RealCdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 08:31 PM   #4  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Ann is right, we can get a heat wave or really cold weather. It's rather volatile at this time of the year. I think I would leave the shorts at home, I really doubt that the weather will be warm enough for those. Otherwise, make sure you can layer (to add or remove as needed).
Have a nice trip.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 08:05 AM   #5  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

At least you're not coming to Calgary. We can't truly guarantee no snow anytie during the year (heck about 10 years ago, it snowed at least once per month each month of the year!!). USUALLY were snow free near the end of May. Most people have wishful thinking and think that our May long weekend will be good for a camping trip... until they get snowed out within their first night. If not snow, then freezing rain

We got dumped with about 2 feet of snow yesterday... yuk. Luckily most of it melted as it went, but some places there were still a foot of snow on the ground.

it was SUPPOSED to rain... LOL Thundershowers were predicted.

But they have this saying in Calgary - if you don't like the weather, wait 15 minutes.

Last edited by tamaralynn; 04-11-2008 at 08:07 AM.
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 08:10 AM   #6  
Addicted to potato salad!

Um....not only NOT shorts, but bring mittens and hat. Better to have them and not need them then to need them and not have them.

Shorts weather happens here for a week or two in July.

Last edited by techwife; 04-11-2008 at 08:10 AM.
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 08:17 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'4"

I can't help you with Candada, but this time of year for NYC and boston things can go either way - I'm firmly 1/2 way between both cities, and I have found that driving into boston the weather is often a little chillier than in CT, but NYC is never any warmer than here.. if that makes sense.
I strongly suggest layering.. pants will be fine. I was in shorts here yesterday, but anyone acclimated to warmer climes definitely would NOT have been.. (it was around 65f, but lovely, almost no wind and very sunny)
That being said, take any advice with a grain of salt if you're used to warmer weather. we folks here in the northeast are a little heartier when it comes to what you might feel is "chilly" weather.
(case in point, i went to boston a few years ago with a friend from texas in october..and it was a warm year.. to me it was still jean/tshirt/flip flop weather and she was freezing her butt off the entire time we were there...)
karmuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 02:27 PM   #8  

Thanks everyone. Sounds a lot like English Weather!
Old 04-12-2008, 02:34 AM   #9  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

Come out to Southern California.

Today it was sunny, warm (but not too warm), and breezy. Perfect spring weather!
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 06:55 AM   #10  

Maybe next time Applecheeks!

It was sunny here ten minutes ago, we're now having a hail storm!!

ok sun back out now!!

Last edited by sarahgrace; 04-12-2008 at 06:59 AM. Reason: weather changed again