20-Somethings - dress sizes

View Full Version : dress sizes

Happy Penguin
04-09-2008, 10:33 PM
ok girls so i know i have been asking for advice for dresses for my bf sisters wedding. its finally this sat and i went today to get one. i had fallen in love with one @ forever 21 but didnt try it on, i kept saying im going to try to loose weight before the wedding.well today i went and they didnt have it i was so :(
well my best friend was meeting me at the mall and i had to pick up my sis after her pratice so i only had 1hr to shop before going to class. well i found a few dresses at dillards. the hardest thing is that everything either is long to the floor or so short that if i wear heals im scared everyone will see my pp lol:o
and the fact that my bf is wearing pinstripe suit with red shirt n red n white tie(i dont know what hes thinking) i cant wear a purple dress i dont want to wear a rainbow either n make it even more akward. well i found a black n white one and i know you dont wear white to a wedding so i asked his mom and she said it was fine. So i grabbed 2 of the same dress to try on, now remeber the last item of pants i bought was a size 14 the biggest ive ever been! the dress is really simple but cute well its one of those that zips on the side well i hate those because they never fit right! well i got a size 12 and a 14 i tried on the size 12 n it zipped perfectly n fit beautiful i couldnt stop yelling i was so happy it was the first dress i tried on the last on i tried on n the one i bought. i just wanted to share how i happy i am lol
i tried looking for the dress on their website to show you girls but couldnt find it but i promise their will be alot of pictures taken on sat to show

Taylor86
04-09-2008, 11:56 PM
woo hooo!!!!

Oh, I would die to be a size 12 again. I am so proud of you!!! :bravo:

taragettingthin
04-10-2008, 12:19 AM
:cheer2:Wow!!! I remember how great it felt when I go to try something on and smaller size actually fit!! Then I remember how it felt when I went and had to get something bigger. :(
I'm so excited for you! Yay!!! :cheer2:

artsnsmarts
04-10-2008, 12:34 AM
I just went down to a 12 recently, too!! Now my 12 jeans are getting a little big...but I don't know whether that's because they're stretched out or I'm a little smaller...hmmmm....

But isn't it like the best feeling!?!? I think I'll cry when I get to single digits. For real.

just keep swimming
04-10-2008, 12:59 AM
That's so exciting! Congratulations! I can't wait to feel the same way! :)

Lovely
04-10-2008, 07:20 AM
Very exciting! :yay:

Erika79
04-10-2008, 08:45 AM
:woohoo: How exciting is that! I can't wait to see the pics.

mayness
04-10-2008, 10:58 AM
Yay! That's awesome!

I use every wedding I attend as a reason to buy a new dress, lol. One of my best friends is getting married in July, and I'm hoping to be a size or two smaller by the time I have to go shopping! I'm sure I won't have as easy of a time finding something as you did, though.. that's just amazing. :)

Rosario
04-10-2008, 11:07 AM
That's awesome!! i don't think I can even remember ever being a size 12. Way to go!!! Hope you rock that dress and have lots of fun!!!

Happy Penguin
04-10-2008, 11:31 AM
thanks girls and trust me lots of pictures will be posted

SassySar81
04-10-2008, 01:06 PM
Wow, that is great. What a nice feeling to be able to go to a smaller size! I can't wait until I can you that, it's some good inspiration. Have fun at the wedding, I bet you will look GREAT!

missjanel
04-10-2008, 09:12 PM
Congrats on the happy surprise. I love to go shopping especially when I am buying a smaller size.

DaisyNicole
04-11-2008, 06:23 AM
My dad is getting married in June... i cannot wait to buy a new dress... but i definitely have some weight to be dropped by then! I can only pray for a 12 but i will be satisfied with a 14!!

congrats on your NSV!

vixjean
04-11-2008, 08:51 AM
congrats, pictures, pictures...