Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - Juice (ex. Naked, Odwalla, Trader Joe brands)

Foodie08
04-09-2008, 11:32 AM
I realized I'm not getting enough fruits and veggies in my diet. So, I've added Naked Juice Green, Blue, and Gold Machines to my breakfast. Are they really beneficial? They contain alot of sugar, but apparently, it's from the fruit.

mandalinn82
04-09-2008, 11:54 AM
Well, that depends what your goals are. If you want to get some antioxidants into your day, that's fine...juices will do the trick, at least somewhat. But if you're looking to be satisfied, too, for the calories you eat, you might have issues doing that with liquid versions of fruits and veggies, since they have less fiber (and thus keep you full for a shorter period) than their fruit counterparts.

I personally don't drink juices, simply because, calorie-wise, I don't really have room for them...I try to get the most fullness buck for my calories.

Foodie08
04-09-2008, 12:16 PM
Ok. Half of the juice is 170 calories. I was concerned about the lack of fiber. However, the Blue Machine has 8 grams of fiber in one serving. Also, try to eat 1/2 cup of dry cereal as well. I also try to drink alot of water. That usually keeps me pretty full until lunch. For lunch, I usually have pasta or something substantial.

I'm not much of a breakfast person, so I have to force myself to eat something. My initial urge is something non-breakfast like. So, for NOW, this is a good option for me.

junebug41
04-09-2008, 12:30 PM
I use the Mango Madness in my smoothies and will drink a green machine if I want something light and quick for lunch.