WW Clubs and Groups - > FAB & FIT 40's and 50's ! #4

View Full Version : > FAB & FIT 40's and 50's ! #4

Hi!
We needed a new thread.

Congrats to everyone on here because we are here.
Jen,
I missed you!!!!
TERRI

STATS of The Biggest Loser contestants.

ALI is in the lead!
Ali –weight at end of week 14 = 146 weight lost = 11 final weight = 135#, episode % = 7.53%
Starting weight = 234#, overall loss of 99#, overall % = 42.31%

Kelly - weight at end of week 14 = 191 weight lost = 13 final weight = 178#, episode % = 6.81%
Starting weight = 271#, overall loss of 93#, overall % =34.32%

Mark - weight at end of week 14 = should be 182, but BL listed as 181 weight lost = 12 final weight = 169# according to BL, episode % =6.63%
Starting weight = 285#, overall loss of 116#, overall % =40.70%

Roger - weight at end of week 14 = 234 weight lost = 15, final weight = 219#, episode % =6.41%
Starting weight = 363#, overall loss of 144#, overall % =39.67%

dpadro
04-09-2008, 11:44 AM
My girl Ali!! Go Ali!! Wow, the women did it again last night - unbelievable. We may have a woman winner after all. Ali has lost the most of any woman ever - 99 lbs.! Roger got a little break there didn't he - he knew he would be the one to go and now with the little twist of having America vote, he might just pull it off and stay. We'll see. To be honest, I thought the 3 finalists should have been Ali, Mark & Roger, but Kelly did do really well yesterday. They are all looking good!

Hi Jen! I missed you too. to be honest, I'd rather have it behind me then in front of me (stomach), :p

Hi everyone :wave: just popped in to remark on TBL.

Be back later, have a great day!

Hugs,
Dianne

jar1965
04-09-2008, 12:14 PM
Hi Dianne! I totally agree! The 3 finalists should have been Ali, Mark & Roger!;)

Kelli could kick it into high gear and amaze us. I remember Julie and Holly amazed me at the finale last year. If Mark came back the girls would have a better chance but I like Roger. He is a Bama boy. He could shock us like Erik
did 2 seasons ago.
They all deserve to win. I would like Curtis t win the at home money. I loved him. He lost 1oo already when they came back. Mark just beat him. :(

You can vote 100 times on the nbc site.
Terri

Jenny523
04-11-2008, 10:10 AM
HI
TGIF! Joe is picking up Brandon and Matt, they'll spend the weekend with us. They're growing so quickly. I'll see if I can get some pics this weekend and post one.

Joe and I have booked our very first cruise! We're sailing from New Orleans (my favorite place! we'll be there for 3 days) to Cozumel, Belize and Guatemala, a 7 day cruise.
It's not until next Feb., so we've got a bit of a wait. My brother and SIL are going as well; we always have a great time when we travel together and I"m looking forward to it.
Now to lose some weight......

All of you are doing so well. I read the posts every day and am slowly but surely making changes. It's not as easy as it used to be, that's for sure.

Es and Sandy, hope all is well. Hi :wave: to everyone else!
~Jen

dpadro
04-11-2008, 10:40 AM
Good mornin' everyone:

Hi Jar - who's your favorite for the win on TBL? Mine, in case you can't tell is Ali.

Jen - Very exciting about your 1st cruise- you're gonna love it. Willie & I are going to Honduras, Cayman Island & Cozumel in September with my son and his girlfriend. We went to Cozumel on our first cruise. You have lots of time to prepare. The ship usually has a walking track and a gym. I always looked at the gym, but never used it, lol.

Hi ZoeGirl, Es, Ruthie, Sandy & Shy : How is everyone this beautiful day?

Tonight we are celebrating Alana's 25th birthday - I'm leaving early to prepare. Her actual birthday is Sunday, but she and Sal have weekend plans to celebrate so everyone will come to our house tonight.

If I don't get back here, everyone have a great weekend!

Hugs,
Dianne

Jen,
I know you will have a wonderful weekend with the boys. I know my kids loved when they spent nights at relatives. Only in Ohio though. :o(
I know you will enjoy that cruise. So exciting.

Dianne,
Happy birthday to Alana. 25 already. wow!

Terri

short & sassy
04-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Hi ladies...well I was hoping for 172.8 this morning, but I was actually at 173.2...OH WELL!!! I'm trilled. I am almost down 20 lbs from the holidays and almost 12 since back on weight watchers.

Jen, how exciting...and you have plenty of time to prepare for it! Maurice and I have talked about taking a cruise one day. Maybe I should book one for next year...it would be extra motivation.

Well, work is calling so I'll check in with ya'll later.

Zoe
04-14-2008, 12:20 PM
Hello everyone :wave:

Sorry I didn't post my weigh in on Saturday. We went and didn't stay for the meeting because Greg and I were leaving town for a golf weekend with friends, 3 other couples. We went to Oklahoma and played 2 rounds of golf
(36 holes!) and stay over night. We didn't get home until Sunday around
6pm. I was POOPED!!

My weigh in was just "ok". I lost .6 - at least I went DOWN. Last week, losing 3.4 probably made this week a little less. Jenna only lost .5 I think so we both were a little low but again, we've both been losing each week -with the exception of that one week that I remained exactly the same. I'm happy with the results we've had.

The bad news: the weekend didn't find me in a very "points friendly" environment. :( As a matter of fact, it was pretty bad. But, we all have those little "falls" and today, Monday, I am back on track and going to do great. I will eat my daily points every day and just consider my flex pts gone. Obviously, MORE than just my flex points are gone but I can't just eat nothing for the next 5 days. :nono: that wouldn't be good......

Dianne ~ I have been told that gaining .2 is the sam as maintaining too. I think you can honestly say it is. The very first thing I do when I walk into the WW meeting.....PEE :lol:

Shy ~ I wear the exact same clothes to WW.....it's my "weigh in uniform". :lol:

Ruth ~ I can relate to you what you said about not wanting to put makeup on or fix your hair. I was saying that same thing to my friend over the weekend. When I feel fat, I don't want to wear sandals, don't want to wear capris, don't want to shop for new cloths. I just feel like I look like a moose. But now, even though I'm still "fat", I feel better and can actually wear those things and although I still don't want to shop, I feel so much better with about 15 pounds lost. (Jenna and I have lost about the same)

Jen ~ great to see you here again!

Hi everyone else.......gotta run and do a few things around the house. I just LOVE having Monday's off!!! :love:

dpadro
04-16-2008, 04:43 PM
Yay!!! Ali my girl - 1st Biggest Loser Woman!!! And Bernie - $100,000, so great. Alana, Sal & I had a Biggest Loser Finale party last night. They brought over healthy snacks and ff popcorn. It was fun. Everyone looked absolutely fantastic and all had so much to be proud of.

Just coming in to say :cheers: Will be back tomorrow.

Hugs,
Dianne

YAY Ali. I did feel for Kelly though when she came out the audience went nuts and Ali kept saying how she would be the first female biggest loser.
Kelly looked like she was hurt. Of course she always looked hurt. LOL
I thought they all looked great. That was fun.

Dianne,
What a good idea with the Biggest Loser party. FUN!!!

Zoe,
Still going down. Great to you and Jenna. You are still losing.

Ruth,
Only .4 away. You are doing great.

Britts is now in a size 10. She is so happy. She is in her 150's and so happy.
I hope you all have a great middle of the week. :lol: I was thinking the weekend was here.
TTYL,
Terri

Jenny523
04-17-2008, 08:57 AM
Terri,
Brittany must be thrilled! :cp: Good for her. You've been a great inspiration to her as well, always focused on healthy eating and setting a great example.

Dianne,
That was a great idea for the BL finale. How are the newlyweds doing? Joey and Iliana's 2nd anniversary is next month! They're so good together, I'm very pleased that they found each other.

Have to get ready for work, see you later.
:wave: HI to Es, Sandy, Zoe, Ruth, Rennie...Susan where are you? ...and anyone else I may have missed.

~Jen

Zoe
04-17-2008, 10:36 AM
Hi Buds! :wave:

It's Thursday and I'm off today. Yeah! I have some things to do but will have some free time too.

On the BL issue ~ am I the only one who didn't want Ali to win?? :shrug: I mean, sure, finally a girl won but I was SO wanting it to be Roger. Ok, I'll admit, the before and after's of Ali are amazing. I mean, she is so skinny !! But then, Roger looks amazing too.

So I will sit in my corner, wishing it was Roger but secretly enjoying that it was finally a female. :p

Terri ~ congrats to Brittany!! That is my own goal, to get to my size 10's again, like I was 6 yrs ago.

Dianne ~ A BL party, how much fun is that!?!?! I wish I would have thought of that.....we have so many friends that watch it too. Like when we had a Survivor party a few years ago. Geeze, they do it for football, why not for our fav's too.... :D

Hello everyone else.....have a great Thursday.
Talk to you's later!

Thanks Diane and jen. britts is so excited.

Jen,
Congrats to Joey and Iliana. That is so cool!!!!!

Zoe,
I wanted Kelly or Roger first. I thought Ali was a little too sure of herself (even though she was right) before she weighed. She kind of counted Roger and Kelly out. They all deserved it. I hope she can keep it off. She had a lot of frozen yogurt out when she talked about eating.
Paul is real sick. He had pneumonia and then appendicitis and then had to have some of his colon removed. They say he lost a lot of weight because of this. If I see a pic. of him I will let you know.

Today is Brandonís 17th birthday. Where did the time go? He will be a senior. We are going to a Chinese restaurant tonight. I will eat nothing fried. I will fill up on veggies.

Bruce is going to Scotland in Sept. and he wants me to go. I think I will. I have 5 months. I want to be comfortable so I am stepping it up.
I will get my sister to come down to supervise. I donít want to lay it all on my daughter. She will be working and going to school.
Have a great day.
Terri

dpadro
04-18-2008, 01:40 PM
Good day Ladies:

Terri: :hb: :gift: to Brandon - wow 17! Holy Moly, I think I remember him being 9 or 10 lol. Congrat to Britts, she's doing great. I am now in size 10 and hoping to stay there! I can go so easily from 10 to 12, lol. I felt a little bad for Kelly, but not too much, lol - I have to say that her constant crying in the beginning really turned me off. Mark's constant crying at the end did too, lol!

ZoeGirl: I wouldn't have minded if Roger or Mark won, but I just think that Ali was sooooooooo focused and really wanting this (and not so much for the money) and I was happy that there was finally a woman loser - it only took 5 years:p

In truth, they all (including the ones at home) did a fantastic job. It makes me think, how can I not lose 10 lbs. when look at them! Then again, I'm not doing the kind of exercise they did and for 6 to 8 hrs. a day!

Jen - congrats to Joe and Iliana on their 2nd wedding anniversary, cool. Are they planning on any little Joey's??? or Iliana's??? My newlyweds are doing well, they teach at the same school so they spend a lot of time together. I took Alana on a shopping spree for her birthday and we were actually alone - I couldn't believe it, lol. It was fun. Sometimes I feel sorry for myself 'cause I don't get to spend alot of time with her, but that's life, isn't it? I thank God they live close by and didn't move to North Carolina like they first spoke about!

Es, amiga, come out, come out wherever you are - I really miss you :(
Hope you're feeling well.

Hi Shy, Ruthie and Sandy - how are you guys doing?

Willie and I have been walking a track at the local college every night (except BL night of course). So that's been helpful in maintaining at least. I'll see tomorrow if I've lost anything. Couldn't be much - I haven't been doing so great eating wise, but I'll get back on track. I really only need to lose about 2 lbs. for the ww goal, but my personal goal is about 9 lbs. away.

Well, gotta run - have a great weekend everyone!

Hugs,
Dianne

Zoe
04-19-2008, 11:12 AM
:(:(:(:(:(:(

Weigh in today. Can you tell by my faces that it wasn't good?

Remember this post from my earlier in the week:

The bad news: the weekend didn't find me in a very "points friendly" environment. As a matter of fact, it was pretty bad. But, we all have those little "falls" and today, Monday, I am back on track and going to do great. I will eat my daily points every day and just consider my flex pts gone. Obviously, MORE than just my flex points are gone but I can't just eat nothing for the next 5 days. that wouldn't be good......

I gained .2 today. After the weekend, I didn't hold much hope, thinking that I gained about 4 lbs. Maybe I did and after being good all week, lost most of it. OK, I'll look at it that way........<sigh>

On the other hand, Jenna lost 2.2 this week for a total now of 15.2.

We're taking Rylea to the Dallas Aquarium so I'll talk to you's later

dpadro
04-19-2008, 04:34 PM
Yes, ZoeGirl, do look at it that way and remember how much you've lost in this past month or so - you are doing fantastic. Please don't let .2 get ya down - just go do pee-pee and it will be gone;) :bravo: to you and Jenna - you guys are rocking it!!!

Hi everyone :wave:

Going to a sweet sixteen party (cousin's daughter) so gotta go get ready.

Have a great weekend all!

Hugs,
Dianne

Rios426
04-20-2008, 10:07 AM
Hi Girls:wave:

How are my friends? Yes, this is your long lost Essie/Es.

Wow, Zoe, Rylea is so big & very cute. You are doing great. :carrot:

Mi amiga, como esta? I can't believe Alana turned 25 even though she's still very young. Congrats in your weightloss!! I have to get myself together. I still have problems with my back but I made up my mind This is the year I'm going to beat whatever this is. Those evening walks speed up the metabolism. David & me are going to start going to the gym in the complex. Since, I'm such a procrastinator, I haven't started yet.

Terri, I am so proud of Britts. Give her a big hug & tell her it's from me. You're going to Scotland! How exciting!!!!!!!!! I bet you're looking like a hot mama:cool: Happy birthday to Brandon

Jen, first a {{{BIG HUG}}}. I have never been on a cruise. I heard they are so much fun. That is a motivation. I work with a WW that's been struggling for a year. She has a long way to go but she lost 25 lbs. I hope after the cruise she does'nt give up. I don't see her much since I transferred to another office but when I do see her I try to encourage her. I need to practice what I preach.

Ruth, Im glad to see you here. 20 lbs. gone!!!! Woohoo! You go girl.

Hi Sandy. Jar you don't know me but I've been with this group for a long time. Longer since 2004. I changed my name a few times.
I've been MIA

I gotta go but I'll be back.

Luv u guys:grouphug:
Es

short & sassy
04-20-2008, 12:23 PM
Good morning ladies,

ESSIE!! glad to see you again, please come back more often... we really missed you. So, weren't you the one that worked with the girl you called the "ww police" or something like that? Guess that means since you transferred you don't have to put up with her anymore! If you are still having back issues take it slow at the gym... I've been having some pain in my neck, I haven't been to the doctor yet because I've been hoping it would work itself out. And, I've been using it as my excuse not to do to much in the exercise department..but that is gonna change. I will just be really careful and not overdo it!

ZOE, you have done so well so far don't let .2 lbs get you too down. I believe someone said a few weeks ago that .2 is the same as a maintain; of course, if it's .2 down I'm counting it as a loss - .2 up it's a maintain!! Congrats to Jenna, isn't it great seeing her losing the weight. I'm sure you have been her inspiration!

TERRI, Hey girl, wow Scotland! How awesome! You have plenty of time to drop the weight. Congrats to Brittany for doing so well. Did she gain the freshmen 10 plus some. By the way, how old is Britts now? My stepdaughter is also doing weight watchers on her own. She had her last baby seven months ago, weight 190 something at delivery, now weighs 152 or so. She is striving for her pre pregnancy weight with her first child which was around 125 or so! I rejoined weight watchers so I could motivate her and another friend of mine. Figured if they saw me losing that it would help then stick to it. Brandon will be a senior..doesn't seem possible!

Diane, Wow, you are almost at your goal. I know I wasn't logging on for almost 3 years...how long has it taken you to get where you are? Wow, Alana married? How long? I remember when she and Britts where in high school and Terri's boys were little!!

Jen, glad to here your son an Iliana are doing so great. They always did seem to have a good relationship. Isn't she older than him? Well, are you eagerly waiting for summer so you can spend time by the pool. My plans ar eto spend some time by the pool this year. Maybe even get a tan.

Well ladies, I haven't done to well this week...so I've got to regroup. Which I've begun today. I bought the Biggest Loser Cardio Max workout and actually attempted to do it this morning. There is something about watching people who are actually losing weight exercise being more motivational than watching a bunch of skinny people up there smiling at you. It was tougher than I thought and many times I just had to walk in circles or do a little jog in place...but it felt so good. So, the plan is to alternate treadmill and the biggest loser DVD for about six weeks. I've also bought the Dancing with the Stars DVD and plan on adding it later. I read somewhere how beneficial a mini trampoline is and I wanted to go out and buy one. But I stopped myself, I will buy nothing else until I start using what I have. I have videos, dvd's, treadmill, home gym, etc.. and they don't get used. Now I'm committed to using them to just see what the results will be. I'll keep you posted.

Well, it's Sunday and I need to pick up around the house and then make a Walmart run. Talk to you later.

short & sassy
04-22-2008, 12:23 AM
Hey ladies, just wanted to check in, looks like everyone has been too busy to make log on, hope you are all okay. Anyway, I wanted to just report that I stuck to my plan and walked 2 miles on the threadmill today. My eating isn't bad, but I've been in a rut the last few weeks and although I was down as low as 172.4 last week...I haven't seen that in a few days, I am now back to 174. So it is time to get on the ball and exercise! Hopefully by next week I will be reporting losses again!!

short & sassy
04-23-2008, 11:15 AM
Hey, where is everyone! I've been doing good with the exercise. I logged another 2 miles on the treadmill lastnight and this morning I worked out to The Biggest Loser dvd. Of course, I'm still in the learning stages of the dvd...you think if they can do it I can too, but it's a lot harder than it appears!!!

short & sassy
04-24-2008, 08:04 AM
Okay, I think I've been left home alone!! Please come get me!! LOL

dpadro
04-24-2008, 11:57 AM
Hey Ruthie - Home alone, lol! I'm here, I'm here! Congrats on the exercise :bravo: I have the biggest loser dvd also, and you're right, it is harder than it looks. Since the weather's been so great, Willie and I have been walking the track at our local college. Its great, because you get to see people and trees and flowers (instead of the walls in the bedroom, lol) and we talk and before you know it, we've gone 2 miles. Walking has always been my favorite exercise.

Es, amiga! So good to see you. I'm sorry to hear you're still having problems with your back. Take it easy when you start exercising. Is David getting married next May (09)? I know I've asked you this question before, but I don't remember the answer (senior moment), lol. Yes, Alana is 25 and you're right, she was in high school when I started coming in here. I was thinking how grown all the kids are here, Terri's kids, Jen's grandchildren, Ruthie's grandchildren and even, ZoeGirl's Rylea. Time sure does fly.

Jen - How are you doing? Thinking of that pool yet? Thank goodness Darren has a pool and lives right next door, lol. How are the boys?

Hi Terri - having TBL withdrawal? I am, lol. I see Ali's face in all kinds of ads and magazines, so cool. Oh, and I know you tape Days, right? Did you see Jillian when she was on?

Hi to Sandy & Shy (where are you, shy?).

I haven't been to ww in 2 weeks - I've decided that I'm going to go every 2 weeks instead of every week, since I'm losing so slowly, but close to their goal for me anyway. I'll see how that works. I've been eating okay and I've been walking 2 miles almost every day with Willie -hopefully it will pay off. I always have trouble when I get close to goal - sometimes I think I sabotage myself. Hopefully, I'll see some kind of loss this saturday.

Well, gotta go. Hope everyone has a great day~ talk to you's soon.

Hugs,
Dianne

short & sassy
04-25-2008, 08:42 AM
Good morning Diane...everyone else must be having an exceptionally busy week. So glad that someone besides myself finally stopped by! I love walking outdoors, but since we moved to the other side of the river, I no longer have a walking partner and I hate going alone. Maurice usally works to late to become my walking partner. So..I've been resorting to watching some of my favorite shows while walking on the treadmill. Last night I actually talked to my cousin for the 45 minutes that I was on it. At one point I was having trouble carrying on the conversation and I thought this is moderate exercise, since I wasn't sweating, I couldn't call it intense. Maybe I should try holding a conversation on the phone more often...that way I could tell how much
effort I am putting into it.

You know "they" say the last few pounds is the hardest. I wouldn't know because I've never been there!! But if my willpower, motivation, and good old fashion determination see me through I will get there by the end of the year!

I've been checking into other forms of workouts and there are several DVD's and other things I want to try. After I do The Biggest Loser DVD or six weeks or so...I want to add the Body Scupting one. I also want to purchase the 5 disc set of Sweatin to the Oldies (love the music and Richard Simmons always puts a smile of my face) and I'm thinking about purchasing the Carmen Electra Striptease set of DVDs. Those sound like they would be hilarious and tone the tummy at the same time. Oh, I want a Nintendo WII...I've heard the interactive games are great. You can play golf, baseball, boxing, dance, etc...So as you can see, I've thought through all my choices and options in order NOT TO GET BORED with all this.

Well, time to jump in the shower and off to work. Have a good Friday everyone.

dpadro
04-25-2008, 10:42 AM
Ruthie: Striptease DVD's!! Holy Moly! lol, you sure won't get bored with that and neither will Maurice, I'm sure! Let me know how that works out, lol.;)

Hi everyone :wave: be back later,

Hugs,
Dianne

short & sassy
04-28-2008, 12:56 AM
Hey Diane,

Well, I didn't buy the striptease workout (yet), but I did buy a Nintendo Wii for the interactive games. I spent about 1 1/2 hours this eveing playing golf, tennis, bowling and even boxing. The boxing one is really a good workout, I was breathing hard after 3 rounds (9 minutes)! LOL

Well, I hope everyone else is okay! Please come and talk to us!! LOL

dpadro
04-28-2008, 10:42 AM
Hi Ruthie:

I've been wondering about the Wii thingy - my grandson has one, but I haven't checked it out yet. I love bowling, so I think that would be cool. But how does it work, do you just pretend you have a tennis racket, etc. and just swing away? lol.

How is everyone doing this wonderful, rainy, dreary (at least in New York, anyway) Monday morning? I really felt like staying in bed this morning that's for sure.

Well, I lost .8 this week - not a lot, but at least I've begun moving down again, lol. :carrot: Our leader is so funny, this saturday he played Mr. Roger's from the Mister Roger's neighborhood. Had the song on, came in and put on a sweater and took off his shoes and put sneakers on. Then proceeded to tell all of us "boys and girls" a fairytale of Snow White, who had to go to ww because of all the cremepuffs and candy she was given by Hansel and Gretel and Red Riding Hood, lol. There was even a photo of her at a ww meeting, lolol. He is a riot, everyone loves him and he makes the meetings so much more interesting and fun. I think he's just a comedian at heart.

Gotta go - have a great day everyone!

Hugs,
Dianne

short & sassy
04-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Diane, Congrats on the .8, if you are like me every little bit helps get you closer to your goal. I was up a couple of pounds the beginning of last week, but today I'm back down to 172. I've lost a total of 15 lbs since starting back on WW.

The Ninendo Wii is really neat. You hold the remote/controller like it was a tennis racquet, baseball bat, golf club...etc. and just swing like you were hitting the balls. Granted, it's not an intense workout...but you are off your rear and moving your upper body at least! I tend to catch myself moving a little more when I play the bowling and when I play tennis. Especially with tennis, I'm like trying to move to the other side of the court!! LOL With the boxing you have a device in both hands and pretend to box...now that one can be a workout!

It's almost time for work, I better run. Hope everyone is okay!

short & sassy
04-28-2008, 11:53 PM
Okay, just came in to check and agan no one is here. I hope everyone is okay!

I spent 1 hour this afternoon playing golf, tennis and bowling on the Nintendo Wii and I just spent 45 minutes on the threadmill! I am determined to lose 3 more pounds so that I can be in the 160s....

short & sassy
04-30-2008, 02:15 PM
Hello, I bet people think Diane and I have an imaginary group of friends. Where are you guys? Please come play with us!

dpadro
04-30-2008, 05:16 PM
lol, Ruthie - they're gonna think we're dating!:p

That Wii sounds like fun. I'll be seeing my grandson in Philadelphia this weekend and I'm gonna ask him to show me how to use it.

Good luck losing those 3 lbs. !

Hi everyone,

Hugs,
Dianne

Zoe
05-01-2008, 11:42 AM
Hello ladies :wave:

Sorry I've been gone.....life is SO hectic lately. I am leaving town on Tuesday morning for Long Beach, CA, then on Friday, from Long Beach to Tampa, FL until Sunday. It will be a lot of traveling but you know something funny, I will have more "online" time. :lol:

I lost 1.2 on Saturday. It shows that I've lost 16 with WW but here at work, this scale says that I lost 18.1. Hmmmm, you think I should be using THAT number??? :D

Jenna maintained and was SO annoyed. I think since it was TOM, she will do great this week. She will be out of town this week coming also. I am praying that I don't gain anything. Maintaining is my ultimate goal for next week.

I will be back after my WI on Saturday. Have a great "rest of the week"

Talk to you's later

short & sassy
05-02-2008, 02:36 PM
Hey Zoe,

Is your trip pleasure or business?

Great job with your losses...doesn't it feel great to be conquering this beast again!! Tell Jenna to not be too upset, sometimes we get to a standstill, I've been at one for 6 weeks or so...but I plan on exercising my "belly" off (don't have much butt, so don't want to exercise it away...LOL) this weekend!

Hey Diane..how is your day going...when do you weigh again?

Well, until next time....

Ruthie

Zoe
05-02-2008, 05:10 PM
my trip is part business, part pleasure. Tuesday, to Long Beach, CA is business. I'll be there until Friday, then to Tampa, FL which is pleasure. We'll be there Friday through Sunday. 1) it's Mother's Day and my mom isn't well and this could be her last Mother's day :( and 2) our other daughter is graduating from Stetson Law School....woo hoo, an attorney in the family!! Free advice. :lol:

I'll talk to you's tomorrow....after WI. I feel fat today. And I've been hungry all day. I was good with breakfast (2 high fiber, low fat frozen waffles) and lunch (a 5 pt Lean Cuisine) but I've had a few snacks....those 100 calorie packs of things. Only 2 pts but I had TWO already!! <sigh>

Have a great Friday :wave:

Hi Es!!! I hope you can lick this back thing. That is like the whole core of our body and when that hurts it is he**. I have scoliosis so I know back pain.
Britts said thanks for her hug. She is down to about 154. She looks so good. Her confidence has gone up and I didn't think that was possible. :lol:

Ruth,
Brittany is 22 years old on Monday. She will be a full fledged teacher next year sometime. Her and I are joining a gym. It is part of our hospital. It is called the Wellness Center. It is like a huge gym. It has everything, even massages which I am ecstatic about. She did gain the freshman 10 but it was freshmanin high school. :lol: I can't believe my Brandon will graduate. He will be the one to want to live away. :( Bradley will be a sophomore.
Congrats on the new baby. That is wonderful of you to motivate her and your friend. What is the baby's name? Wish we all lived close to one another.
I know what you mean about buying exercise aids. I have so much I need to utilize what I have. I am so glad you are doing well with the exercise.
I haven't been getting my e-mail notifications so I will make it a point to come on and check. That was so sad "watching" you talk to yourself.
The Wii is great. My boys have it. Birthday present last year. You will enjoy it.
I know my husband would love the striptease one. :lol:
Dianne,
I AM having withdrawals. I loved that show. Can't wait for the next one. I heard it was BL families. Don't kinow how that will work. I did see Jillian.
How about Eva. She is such a good actress.
The every other week at WW sounds good. Sometimes I think every week is
frustrating cause the weight loss is smaller.
That Mr. Rogers meeting sounds hysterical. That is fantastic. Congrats with the -.8. Wonderful wonderful.

Zoe,
CONGRATS on the 1.2 That is great and Jenna did just fine maintaining. I know that is frustrating but it is going to happen. This is a lifestyle change.
Give her a HUG from me. I hate those maintains too and I have a lot of them. I hope this isn't your mom's last Mother's day. I am so glad you will be with her.

I will be with my mom this Mother's day too. Her, my sister and BIL are driving down on Mother's day and should be here around 6:00 that night.
We will eat out. I am excited. Britt's 22nd birthday is on Cinco de Mayo
so we will not be going to any Mexican restaurants. I bought her an I-Pod shuffle for the gym. She was using music on her phone to work out on and it keeps falling when she is on a machine. She gets pi**y. :lol: I also bought her some Scifi DvD's she wanted. Farscape series. I also got her The 1st season of the Monkees on DVD. She has wanted them forever but we could never find it for under $100 anywhere but I finally did. I got it for $65 on Amazon. That is crazy. She LOVES the Monkees. I saw them live in 1987 when she was 1. I loved Micky when I was little (Like 10). I do like their songs. She will be excited. Eveytime American Idol has a Monkee song she goes into a long pout. :lol: Yes she WILL be 22. :lol:
I have been subbing a lot. Teachers trying to use up their days. I am not working when my mom comes down.
Brandon went on a band trip to DC last week and then on to Williamsburg, Va. They went to Busch Gardens and were in competitions and this week Bradley and Bruce went to Orlando to compete with his band. They were asked to march through the Magic Kingdom which is a high honor according to the director. They were so excited but man did they have to practice. Their director was scared to death. :lol: Bruce said they did great. They had all their comps. today. Can't wait to hear how they did. Bradley is in the 9th grade but 9th down here are still in Middle School. He and Brandon will be in the high school together next year.
Have a great weekend.
Hi Jen, Sandy and Shy

TTYL,
Terri

short & sassy
05-03-2008, 01:29 AM
Hey Terri, Looks like you and I both are hanging in there at the same weight. I'll spend a few days at 172, then the next thing I'm at 173 and 174...I'm so tired of maintaing.

You know my friend at work has lost about 15 lbs and she is down 2 pant sizes. Me, I've lost 20 pounds since the holidays and I'm wearing the same clothes, granted they are fitting a lot better..but I haven't dropped to a comfortable 16 yet!!

But, I will endure and get there!! Just takes determination.

Jenny523
05-03-2008, 08:44 AM
Hi everyone,
Checking in to say how proud I am of you all being so motivated and determined. Even tho I haven't been posting, I have been reading every word.

Today Joey walks in the graduation ceremoney of the University of St. Francis and receives his Bachelor of Science degree. We're very proud of how hard he's worked to accomplish this, finishing up his last two years of classes while working full time. He's already registered to begin studying for his Master's.
Joe and I are driving w/him and Iliana to the ceremony, about an hour away, this afternoon. Then we'll return here for dinner with Jess, Mike and the boys, and my brother and his wife. We decided to cater in and stay at home, which will be more relaxing.

My sister's cancer has spread to her bones; spots on her spine and a hole in her femur. While she's continuing the chemo treatments for the tumors in her lungs, she's now begun receiving radiation treatments on the femur.
She's dealing with it all with her usual grace and good attitude, and never complains.

take care,
~Jen

Zoe
05-03-2008, 01:43 PM
Hello Buds :wave:

Weigh in today: I felt so fat this week. It was like I just KNEW that I would be up a little - even just a "point-something". So, I almost didn't go to the meeting but in the end, I went anyway. After all, I have to support Jenna. So I filled out my "no weigh" pass and off we went. By the time we got there and I got up to the scale, I told the girl that I wasn't going to weigh today but decided to just do it. I mean, I'll be out of town and I really need to buckle down and get with the program. (not like I haven't been but, you know.....) So she said that I probably should weigh. I told her that I just don't want to know what it is. So I get on the scale and her face is showing a look as if to say "Ok, it's not bad" (said with a shrug). So I said again, "I don't want to know". Then she says "are you staying for the meeting?" As most of you know, when they ask that, it means you are going to get something, some "reward". I didn't answer her. I just looked at her and she said "don't you want an award today?". I knew that an "award" meant that I hit the next 5 lb mark which needed to be .6 - so, I'm thinking, woo hoo, I think I lost about a pound! So she looks at me and said, "you lost 2.6 this week". Holy Canoli!!! I'm in shock.......I'm happy.......I'm doing a big happy :dancer: So check out my weight tracker signature. :D

Oh, I forgot.....Jenna lost 2.6 also :D:D:D

Jen ~ My thoughts and prayers are with your sister, you and your family.

Congrats to Joey. Jenna graduated with her BS last July. We gave her a surprise BBQ/pool party. Your idea of catering it is great. It's a day to relax and celebrate.

Ruthie ~ you know, I keep thinking the same thing. I have lost enough weight but my size doesn't seem to go down much. I am wearing 16's also although when I started, they were tight. I probably should have been in 18's but just couldn't make myself buy them. :rolleyes:

Terri ~ Happy Birthday to Brittany - Our 29th anniversary is on her birthday, Cinco de Mayo!!

Hi to everyone else. With our 29th anniversary being Monday and Greg having left town today - I won't see him until Tuesday when I meet him in Long Beach, CA. Oh well.....he said we are going on a 2 week cruise for our 30th. :D

Talk to you's later.

Hi guys! I finally broke my plateau. I lost 3.4 pounds. :carrot::cb: I am at 171.9#
I joined The Wellness Center so I have been de-stressing there and doing 20 min. on the treadmill , 10 min. on the eliiptical, then 10 min. on Stairmaster, 10 min. on the bike and then 10 min. on the gizelle and then on to the weight machines. I discovered the pool last night. OMG!!! I did 22 laps doing all sorts of swiming-side stroke being my favorite. Then laying on noodles and exercising the legs. I spent an hour in the pool last night. Doing 10 min. at a time is so much easier for me.

Jen,
I am so sorry about your sister she sounds like such a wonderful person. :grouphug:
Congrats to Joey. You must be sooo proud. Your catered dinner sounds so wonderful. What is his degree in?

Ruth,
I hear ya!!!! I ma there girl. We will do this.

Zoe,
Congrats for your loss. WOW what a surprise. Congrats to Jenna too.
The best surprises huh?
OOOH! A 2 week cruise. Pretty good for a 30th anniversary. What fun. I'll think of you Mon. when we are singing Happy Birthday to Brttany. Be careful on your trip.

Have a great week!!!!
Luv ya,
Terri

short & sassy
05-03-2008, 11:10 PM
Terri!! CONGRATS on the 3.4 lbs lost...You are doing so much better than me. Sometimes I feel like I talk a big game and then fall short. I've dabbled at 172 last week but then again for the last few days I've been up a few pounds. I haven't been exercising because of my shoulder, but I'm just going to have to suffer through and at least get on the treadmill everyday!!

Jen, your sister and her family are in my prayers. She sounds like a very strong lady! Congrats to Joey...have fun and enjoy!

Zoe, wow...good job. You and Terri have inspired me to kick it into gear next week...so here's to next week. Oh, tell Jenna to keep up the good work and happy anniversary to you and Greg. Oh, how is the new house, although I guess it isn't new anymore... are you still enjoying it.

Well I've got some studying to do, I've got a final next week and want to keep my A in the class. I'll talk with you later!

short & sassy
05-05-2008, 01:03 PM
1 more pound bites the dust!!

TERRI!! WE ARE NECK & NECK! I weighed 171.6 this morning!!!

short & sassy
05-05-2008, 11:03 PM
I went to the dr today. He assures me that it is muscle spasms...i'm to stay on the anti inflamatory and use hot compresses and stretch my neck. So anyway I guess I'll live!! Also was put on high blood pressure meds today. My blood pressure has been consistently up for the last 3 years. I tried to tell myself that it was only borderline, but it has actually reached stage 1 leve. So...I'm determined ot take the meds, eat better and exercise!! The dr agreed that if I lose the weight then we can get off of it to see how I'll do!!

1 more pound!!! :carrot: Way to go Ruth. We are slow and steady and neck to neck. I feel like we are two horses. :lol: I hope you can get off of the BP meds. How high is it?
Mine was always 110/70 but lately it has been 120/80 which is ok but it is still higher than it was. We bought a machine awhile back cause my FIL has it and Bruce wants to keep an eye on his. My mom had 2 strokes because of the high blood pressure. She took care of my dad for 2 years with little sleep and her BP went really high and didn't know it. It was so hard to care for him the last 2 years. When he died she didn't go to the Dr. cause she wasn't scheduled to and then they found out how high her BP was and then 2 weeks later BAM she had the first stroke. Dr. Oz says that is the most important number to keep an eye on. So many have High BP and don't even know it. I am glad you are getting it taken care of.

Today was Brittany's birthday. Cinco de Mayo! 22! WOW! Really? I feel old. :lol:

Have a great night.
Terri

dpadro
05-06-2008, 11:21 AM
Good morning everyone:

First let me say Es, Belated :hb:, mi amiga - I'm so sorry I forgot your birthday. Like always, I think of these things a few days ahead of time and then when the actual time comes, its gone out of my head. Forgive me, please. Anyway, I hope you had a great birthday and hope your back is better. :hugs:

Terri - :hb: to Brittney - Wow, 22, amazing how time flies. Please say happy birthday to her for me. Too funny about her and the Monkees, I remember watching them. Alana took up my love for Motown music, its great to be able to share the music of your time with your daughter. Congrats :bravo: on your loss, great job.

Jen: Congrats to Joey, I can imagine how proud you and Joe must be. How did the dinner go? So sorry to hear about your sister. She sounds like a strong and graceful person. She's in my prayers.

ZoeGirl: You are all over the place, are'nt you? Congrats on your loss :cheers: You are doing fantastic. Oh, and I like you scale at work better than the ww one, lol - I would use those figures!

Ruthie - Congrats to you too on your loss, great job. Doesn't it feel good to get over that "plateau" hump? I'm scheduled for ww this Saturday, I go every 2 weeks now. I think I'm like 1 or 2 lbs (I have to check with ww) away from their goal for me (mine is like 139). But, its been real slow going, that's why I decided to go every other week to hopefully, see some results.

Hi Sandy, hope you and the family are well.

Okay, I'll be back later - have a great Tuesday (you too, Es) everyone!

Hugs,
Dianne

short & sassy
05-08-2008, 10:05 AM
Hello,

Yes it feels very good to not be fluctuating back and forth!! And, for the last two mornings I've been at 170!!!soon to see the 160's and I haven't been there since 2003!

Essie, if you are lurking hope you had a good birthday! I hope the back is getting better. I've been bothered with neck and shoulder pain, I know how debilitating pain can be.

Terri!! We are doing it girl! We will be at our Memorial Day goals in no time...well at least close!!

Zoe...hope you are having a blast!

Time for work, I'll talk to you girls later.

Thanks Dianne. You are sweet. Brittany also loves Bing Crosby.
I was watching American Idol and I forgot how much I love Stand By Me. David Archuletta sang it and I just wanted to dance. I love Motown. I am so glad the young generation won't forget.

Es,
Happy birthday!!!! :hb:

Ruth,
Great job. Wait til you see a 1 and then a 6. It will be a good day. :carrot:
We can do this. I have family coming down next week and that will throw a curve in my program but I will be selective and only eat while we are out. Also my sister wants to go to the Wellness Center with us (Full gym, classes and pool) so I will exercise.

Terri

short & sassy
05-09-2008, 11:53 AM
Morning all,

Terri, I am jumping back on the exercise band wagon this weekend. My shoulder is somewhat better so I think the Nintendo and dvd's won't take a toll on me! Also have some gardening to do in the morning. I am striving for 169 by Monday!!! I was only .5 away from it this morning!!

Yesterday I took a little time to try on some size 16's in my closet. They are beginning to fit. Need about 2 inches in the waist for one particular pair of capris (no elastic!!) and most of the tops are beginning to fit, only need to lose about 1 inch of boobs!! LOL Then I'll be wearing some items that I've either only worn once or twice or never worn!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Ruth,
That is awesome. I fit in some 14s and other 16s. I just wish all companies would be more standardized on sizes. My boys can just get their size and they fit. Not me. I have to try EVERYTHING on and I am not a shopper.
I think the clothes are better at telling us how we are doing than the scale. I know I am losing inches. Here is a challenge for us:
159 by the 4th of July. Does that sound doable?
Have a great Friday.
Terri

short & sassy
05-09-2008, 02:52 PM
Terri, sounds doable to me! So, now I need a plan!!! LOL I will exercise everyday...I will exercise everyday...I will exercise everyday...I will exercise everyday... Good luck!!!

I just went to J. C. Penney for lunch. Expensive lunch! LOL I found size 16 petite capris, I bought 2 pairs and 3 tops! I'm going to clean out my closet and possibly put some of my bigger clothes on ebay. I have some 18 pantsuits that are a little big and with the weather warming up...I'm not going to be wearing them...so I think I will sale them (hopefully)...

Til later,

Sounds good to me. That is one of Dr. Phil's 7 keys. Get rid of the big clothes. That is a sign that we know we can do it instead of I better keep them in case... That is great Ruth.
Ok Ready get set go... I hope your shoulder is feeling better.
Good luck,
Terri

short & sassy
05-09-2008, 11:46 PM
I just wrote a long message and it's gone! I hate when that happens.

In general a brief summary...I just spent 45 minutes on treadmill..30 minutes @ 3.0 mph and 15 minutes @ 2.5 mph.

Diane, hope you are having a good week... I didn't realize you were so close to goal. I know that you have worked hard to get there. I can't wait until I'm
closer, there will be major celebrating and major shopping.

Hello to everybody else...I wrote more earlier, but now I'm tired and ready for bed!

short & sassy
05-10-2008, 10:12 AM
Good morning, how is everyone today. I've already been working in my flowerbed, now I'm back inside attempting to straighten up around the house.
We plan on taking my MIL out to eat this afternoon and I will have to go see my mom tomorrow. She lives an hour away. So that is my weekend in a nutshell...but I do plan on getting in major activity...I'm on a mission to see 169 on the scales Monday!!!

dpadro
05-11-2008, 09:46 AM
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, MY FRIENDS!!!

Enjoy your day with your beautiful families.

God Bless you all,

hugs,
Dianne

Happy Mother's day!!!!!

Ruth,
Great workout!!!!! 169, here you come!

Have fun with your MIL and MOM.

My mom, sister and BIL are on their way down from Ohio right now. Bruce and Bradley are coming in from Atlanta. I hate when everyone is on the road. I found a sister frame at Kohls and I put a picture of us when we were about 7 and 5 and we are in our Easter best and she is looking down at me and I am looking up at her. I am so happy I found it.
Terri

short & sassy
05-12-2008, 12:46 AM
Terri,

The picture sounds adorable. Are you giving it to your mom? We had a nice dinner with my MIL last night and a nice visit with my mom.

You know I think I"m glad tomorrow is Monday...go figure!

short & sassy
05-12-2008, 03:50 PM
Almost but not quite. I lost 1.6 lbs...but still didn't quite make 169, I weighed 170.0 this morning. Well, it's taking a while to get to the 160's but at least I am still losing instead if maintainging or gaining.

Have a good week.

Ruth,
I am so glad you had a great time. We did too.
Congrats on the loss. I lost .4. I'll take it since we ate out 4 times last week. The exercise is what is really helping.
You have a wonderful Tuesday and here's to the 160's. :holding up water:
Terri

dpadro
05-13-2008, 11:10 AM
Good morning:

Breathing a sigh of relief here - just heard from Justin in China - he's okay, Thank God. We passed a pretty bad day yesterday worrying about him. Willie even called the American Embassy in China. He is in Beijing which didn't experience much, only slight tremors, however, he traveled last week to play at gigs in the area that was hit and we didn't know if he was still there or not. Anyway, he's okay. Its weird, but I'm now feeling relief, but feel like getting hysterical at the same time, I think its just hitting me what could have been. Those poor people in China, so sad. I guess I'm mostly feeling really blessed right about now.

Talk to you's later - congrats Terri & Ruth on your losses.

Hugs,
Dianne

Dianne,
I am so glad that Justin is ok. That is scary. Brevard County is where I used to live. 51 homes were destroyed. What is going on everywhere? Earthquakes, tornadoes, fires. I am so glad Justin is ok.

Terri

short & sassy
05-13-2008, 02:44 PM
It appears that mother nature is not a very happy camper lately! All the destruction is so sad!

Diane...is Justin one of your son's. I was MIA for so long that I don't remember everyones name. I know that you and Willie have several children, one is in Florida...so can you refresh my memory.. Also, I'm glad that Justin is safe. It must have been terrifying waiting to hear from him!

Terri, we are getting there...slow and steady wins the race!!

Hello everyone else...hope you are all having a good week. Oh, before I go..I went to the dr this morning, my neck problem is arthritis.

Gotta get back to work, I'll check in again when I get home.

dpadro
05-14-2008, 11:07 AM
Hi Ruthie:

Yes, Justin is our youngest son. Willie had 4 children before we got together, Darren, Lisa, Willie & Andre and I had a son, Steven (he's the one in Florida), and then we had 2 children together - Justin and Alana (she's my only girl). We have a yours-mine-and ours family, lol. Also, 15 grandchildren and now a great granddaughter, Gianna. Confusing, I know, lol:p

Sorry to hear about your arthritis problem with your neck. What do they do for that?

Hi everyone:wave:

Be back soon,

Hugs,
Dianne

short & sassy
05-14-2008, 02:30 PM
Hey everybody,

Diane, I remembered that you guys had a yours, mine, and ours...but I wasn't sure who was who! LOL Again, glad that Justin is safe. What type of work does he do in China? How is Alana, haven't heard you mention her in a few.

The PA told me to keep taken an anti inflamatory and prescibed a stronger muscle relaxer. Also, I'll be going to physical therapy twice a week for heat and massage therapy.

Well mother nature wasn't to happy with my neck of the woods either...We have had heavy rains since last night...lots of flash flooding, cars stalled, some homes flooded, roads closed and schools out. Anyway, wish they would let us go home, but I doubt if that is gonna happen.

short & sassy
05-16-2008, 10:53 AM
Hello girls, please come out and play!! LOL

dpadro
05-16-2008, 10:54 AM
Good morning everyone:

Ruthie: Justin is a musician and he runs a club in China. Also, they have a venue for music workshops for musicians from the States and all over Europe. Some of his Columbia University colleagues started this venue a few years ago and kept asking him to join them and he finally did. He loves it. He's doing what he wants to do, so what can we say? Alana is fine and still very "newlywed-ish", lol. She's very happy and her husband is a great guy. They are both teaching at a Christian school. No babies planned yet, they have time.

Well, I have the Aids Walk this Sunday and I'm hoping the weather gets a little better. I don't mind cool weather, cause its better to walk in, I'm just hoping for no rain.

How is everyone doing? Come in and say hi, y'all (I'm making believe I'm Terri and ZoeGirl, :p)

Have a great weekend everyone!

Hugs,
Dianne

Zoe
05-16-2008, 04:51 PM
Hello Ladies :wave:

Well, the trip was LONG and I'm still pooped! I didn't weigh in on Saturday since I was out of town. Jenna, on the other hand, decided to bring her WW stuff with her and find a meeting to "just check in". She said she won't stay for the meeting, just weigh and go. Well, I am in CA, going through security on my way to Tampa - my cell phone rings. It's Jen - she is at WW and said that she lost 2.4 lbs BEING ON VACATION and now is at 20.2 so she was waiting for her 10% key ring. She is doing SO good.

Me on the other hand, when it's vacation, that means V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N. So if I would have found a meeting, it may not have been so good. Unfortunately, I have miss my meeing tomorrow because our community is have a HUGE yard sale and I have things to do. This will help me in the long run since I am now back on track after my week long trip. :D

Hope everyone is doing good. I haven't read much of what I missed yet but will.

Talk to you's later. (that's for where I come from, not where I live. :lol: )

Zoe,
Tell Jenna congrats!!!! I love V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N too. I'll bet it wasn't too bad. I am glad you had a god time.

Dianne,
I am glad you explained cause I wasn't sure. That is so cool. I loved that movie "Yours, Mine and Ours."

We have our last band concert tonight. I love them but... YAY!!!!
It is kinda like when the kids were little and they had double elimination in little league baseball. All of us moms had smiles on our faces with mock "ah we are so sorry" when they lost the second game. It has been a looooong year. I loved almost every minute of it.

I worked out 2 hours per day for 5 days in a row. We got my sister a week pass free and we worked hard.

TTYL,
Terri

short & sassy
05-17-2008, 05:19 PM
Hey girls,

So glad to hear you are all doing good!

TERRI, who is in the band? As I told Diane, I was away so long that some details are scetching. Wow, you are really working out a lot. I've been somewhat sidelined in the workout department. As I mentioned before I'm having problems with my neck, shoulder and arms. I went to physical therapy yesterday...therapist things that I have a nerve that is in a bind or something...I've lost some motion in my left arm. Hard to lift over my head, some loss of feeling..anyway if therapy doesn't help after 4 weeks I have to have an MRI. So...I guess I need keep walking everyday, be real good wit my food intake, I don't think that I will be doing my dvd workouts anytime soon. Anyway, keep up the good work with your workouts.

ZOE, Congrats to Jenna, I know you are proud of her. She is doing very well. I agree with Terri, I bet you didn't do as bad as you think, you can also look at it this way, you have the next week to correct any damage!

Diane, sounds like Justin is living one of those once in a lifetime adventures. Hey does Willie still play in a band. I love music, but never learned to play any instruments and when it comes to singing, I can't carry a tune. I have a daughter and granddaughter who are good. I'm hoping to get a new camcorder in the future and maybe put some video of them singing on You tube. Also myspace has a myspace karaoke, I just haven't figured it out yet. Mabe I can record them using that.

Hey Sandi and Jen, hope ou guys are doing okay.

Ruth,
That would be so cool to see them on you tube.
I am sorry about your arm. I hope they fiugure this out.

Brandon plays guitar and trombone. He is in the symphonic band and the marching band. He has a garage band.
Bradley plays trumpet in his school's Wind Ensemble. He cried so hard when they were done. All the 9th graders were crying cause it was their last time playing together. All the parents were crying. It didn't help when Mr. Nash said "Now we will play "Discovery" together for the last time."
Now Bradley is in Atlanta playing Lacrosse. Their last games. YAY!!!!!
My mom, sister and BIL came down to visit. We had a good time.
My sister and I went to the gym every day for 2 hours each day.
I did the arc trainer, stepping mill, elliptical and treadmill and then 3 days I did weight machines. Then we went to the pool and swam laps. I averaged 20 laps (not the crawl the whole time - :dizzy:) and then did exercises in the pool with the pool weights and kickboards.

I ate out every day. Plus her husband is a big chip eater. I ate some chips. They are big on eating out on vacation.
Sunday- Red Robin
Monday- Macaroni Grill
Tuesday-Steak Out
Wed. - Main Street Cafe
Thursday- Marcos pizza
Friday - Sonic

Exercising works cause I lost .4 I mean I would have liked to have taken adv. of all the exercising and lost big but I ENJOYED eating out this week especially since the majority was being paid for by mom or Danny and Sibby.
We paid at Red Robin and we split the Steak Out bill but they insisted on paying all the other times plus they went to the store and got things my kids have forgotten about. :lol:

They went home today. :( Britts and I went to the gym (Wellness Center) today. I did 20 min. on the Step Mill for 20 mins. 56 floors, 10 min. on the elliptical and 6 machines. Tomorrow I will take a day off. Maybe walk Tanner.
I have to start doing that more.

I hope you all have a great Weekend. It is finaly getting warm today.

Luv ya guys,
Terri

Zoe
05-18-2008, 10:19 AM
Wow, Terri!! Great job! After all those restaurants, you did great! (I love Red Robin!!!) Congrats!!

Jenna went and weighed in while I got set up for our Community Yard Sale. She, after her V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N, still lost .6. She is now up to 20.8 lbs! I'm cheering her on cuz she is going to try for another baby if she gets to 175 and she only 1 pound away!! :carrot: I thinks she's decided to wait unitl more towards the end of the summer and see how much she can lost by then. I, of course, want another baby in the family. :D

I didn't weigh in because of the Yard sale but will be there next Saturday. Unfortunatley, that make TWO weeks missed. If I can lose even ONE pound, I will be grateful.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

short & sassy
05-18-2008, 11:28 AM
Morning ladies...

Zoe, how was the yard sale? Those things can be a lot of work! Double grads to Jenna. It is good that she is trying to lose before she gets pregnant again..that baby weight can be so hard to lose. My stepdaghter Misty is currently trying to lose weight after 3 babies in five years. It's harder now than if she had done it after each baby. She has lost about 20 since the last baby back in September, but she has about 20 more to go before she is pre baby size and 30 if she wants to get back to pre marriage size!

Terri, sounds like you had a fun week. And you did great for eating out all week. We have Wellness Centers at our hospitals also, I have a question. When you join do they have someone that personalizes your training for you with what you need? I would really like to work with a trainer that knows what they are doing and I was wondering if I could find someone at the wellness center as opposed to a regular gym where all you have to be is cute and fit to work there.

I guess I need to go wash dishes and then off to the treadmill.

Take Care,

Zoe,
Congrats to Jenna. She sounds determined. That is great. A new baby will be so nice. She is smart to lose before getting pregnant. It is healthier too.
Hope you had a good yard sale.

Ruth,
Our Wellness center has a lot of older people as well as the young ones. A lot of people are doing therapy. My husband went there after his shoulder surgery for therapy. To join I paid $97 and that pays for the blood work and 2 other appointments. They check cholesterol including LDL and HDL, triglycerides, glucose etc... and then you make the 2 appointments. The first one is with a trainer or physiologist (They all have degrees in their areas) and he/she checks your flexibility, strength, Blood pressure, treadmill test to see where your heart rate is etc... checks your body fat percentage. Then he tells you what your numbers from the blood test mean. The second appointment is with a trainer. It is about an hour.
She goes over what you, personally, need to do to lose weight and to have good cardio. health. She gave me the sheet that has the weight machines on them that you write on and asterisks the machines I need to do and the rest are supplemental. She will demonstrate whatever you need demonstrated. For good cardio health you need to exercise 3 days/week to lose weight it is 4-5 days/week.
They were very thorough. They clean constantly and they have shampoo, cond, and body wash in all the showers (LOVE THAT) with emergency chords everywhere in case you fall or whatever. Hair dryers. They have hand sanitizer everywhere. They have every known exercise aid (stability balls, steppers, resistance bands,... known to man. We haven't tried the classes yet. We will do those next week. I just love it cause it is associated with our hospital and they have a reputation to uphold and it is so convenient.
They have a dietition (extra $) and you can get a massage (extra $) I am getting one when I get to 160# as a reward.
I am hoping I can go to any wellness center cause the one in Ohio by my mom's is a good one. That would be nice while I am there.

I didn't realize the shower by the pool had an emergency chord. I thought it was what started the shower like at the community pools and one of the staff was there by my side in literally 4 seconds. I told him how sorry I was and he was like no problem and he hurried and called on the phone there by the chord and said everything is clear. Man was I embarrassed. :lol:

Have a great Sunday everyone.
Terri

short & sassy
05-18-2008, 06:25 PM
Terri, your wellness center sounds like exactly what I would like to have. I think I'll check out the one at my hospital and see if its program is similar...a couple of months of decent exercise would do me good and it is less than a mile from my work! So, I could go before work or after..

I spent 1 1/2 hours playing the Wii this afternoon and another 30 minutes on the treadmill walking at 3.0 mph and over...my stamina is slowly getting better. I purchased a heart rate monitor/watch that also calculates calories burned according to your weight, heart rate and resting heart rate, and it says that I burned 611 calories in two hours. I'm hoping the watch is fairly accurate!! My goal is to do this everynight for the next two weeks so that I can see 168 by Memorial Day!! Today I was at 170.4...I'm hoping tomorrow I see 169....PLEASE!!!

Ruth,
I burn around 130-150 on the treadmill in 30 min. That Wii must kick butt.
I look so forward to the variety at the Wellness Center. I love the fact I don't feel guilty at home not working out.
Good luck and you may get there before Memorial Day. I can't believe Mem. day is almost here. Where did spring go?
GOOD LUCK Ruth.
Terri

short & sassy
05-19-2008, 12:15 AM
While I was playing the Wii, bowling seemed to have my heartrate up the most. If I remember correctly it was up to 120 something beats per minute... I barely got it up that high with the treadmill. The golfing and tennis didn't get the heart rate up. I can't wait to get the Wii Fit next week. It has yoga and all sorts of interactive exercise...the board that comes with the game actually weighs you and the system keeps track of your BMI...I think! Anyway..goodnight tomorrow is another Monday and it all starts over again.

short & sassy
05-19-2008, 10:46 AM
I DID IT! I saw 169.8 on the scales this morning...I'll be exercising my rear off this week to see it dip even lower next week!

Britts and I heard about the Wii fit. We are going to look into it. Sounds so cool. Great job Ruth. 120 is great.
Have a great Monday.
Terri

short & sassy
05-20-2008, 08:34 AM
I think tomorrow is the day that the Wii Fit is in te stores. I'm hoping ot have mine by tomorrow night! I didn't exercise last night.. my grandson Elijah turned five yesterday...I took him a gift, then picked up dinner (ordered Mexican, should have had a salad!!) By the time I got home and ate I just didn't feel like it and just didn't feel like doing anything. Spent the evening on the computer. Oh well, today is another day!!

dpadro
05-20-2008, 12:41 PM
Good Tuesday mornin' (you too Es, lol).

Terri - I got tired reading about all the exercise you and your sister did, holy moly! Great job. Too funny about the shower by the pool - you must have turned all shades of red:p

Ruthie - congrats on that 169 :bravo: and :hb: to your grandson.

ZoeGril - congrats to Jenna - she and you are both doing well. I'm like you - when I'm on vacation my motto is "life gets in the way sometimes". This isn't a race we're in, its for life so when I have those special moments, I make sure to enjoy them and then get back on track - no guilt!

Hi Jen, Es and Sandy :wave:

Sunday was the long awaited day of the Aids Walk and it was terrific. Except for the very last mile when it rained a little, the weather was great. And the rain certainly did not dampen the spirit of the walkers.

Besides the really great feeling of friendship amongst the walkers, and there were many different types of walkers, including babies and animals, there was the feeling of accomplishment, of doing something really important. Not to mention, a 6 mile walk is pretty good exercise. I took off yesterday to recuperate - Willie walked the whole time with me. It was cool.

I past my fundraising goal of $1,000 and collected $1,620.00! At the end of the walk, we learned that $7.05 million dollars had been raised -the largest amount in the history of the walk. Amazing!

Well, gotta get back to work - there's tons of it since I was out yesterday. You would think there would be a little "genie" who would just take care of it all, wouldn't you, lololol.

Hugs,
Dianne

CONGRATS RUTH. I didn't see that earlier. 169# That is great!
You go!!!!!!!!!!

Dianne,
I am so glad your walk was successful. That is fantastic. 6 miles is great exercise!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am watching IDOL. Go Davids!

Terri

Jenny523
05-22-2008, 07:51 AM
Dianne,
Congrats on another successful contribution to the AIDS effort! Glad the weather was good for the most part. And work will always be there....that's job security!

Ruth,
Did you buy the Wii Fit? I mentioned to my son that I was going to stop by the store on the way home from work yesterday to see if I could get one, and he said "Remember you're not supposed to be buying anything for yourself right now!" because my bday is tomorrow. He said "Do NOT stop at the store!" so.....I'm thinking I may be receiving it as a gift :crossed: this weekend.

Terri,
The Wellness Center sounds wonderful. :rofl: about the shower story. That's something I could see happening to anyone, tho.
It's amazing when I read about how grown up your kids are....I still think of the boys as being in grade school!

I took tomorrow off.....4 day weekend! Whoo hoo :carrot:

HI :wave: Es, Sandy, Zoe :wave:
take care,
~Jen

Jen,
Happy Early Birthday! Yes, I think you are getting one. That is so cool. Britts does the same thing. She tries to get things the week of her birthday.
F_R_U_S_T_R_A_T_I_N_G! :lol: That was hard. I still didn't do the hyphens right. Oh well.
The boys are officially out of school today. I can't believe either that Brandon will be a senior and Bradley a sophomore. Not possible. :lol:
How old are your grandsons? This will blow me away.
What are your plans for your birthday?
If you do get the Wii game I want a full report from you and Ruth.

Have a great weekend.
Terri

short & sassy
05-22-2008, 11:47 PM
Good afternoon,

Well, Monday I went to therapy, Tuesday & Thursday I was in pain...I hope that the therapy today doesn't leave me in pain again, I plan on taking a muscle relaxer, just in case.

Yes, I did get my Wii Fit. I really do like it. It walks you through all the steps of setting it up. You enter your age, weight and height and it figures your BMI. It then takes your Mii (character) and adds or subtracts weight accordingly! Oh, and when you step on the balance board to be weighed, it lets out a little moan...too cute. It puts you through a few test to see how well balanced your body is and what not, then you're ready to start playing.

I've never done yoga before. but doing the moves that it starts you with really usees your muscles and the same with strength trainging exercises. There are graphs that will keep track of your progress. It does work like any other video game in that you find yourself wanting to do something again to better your scores.

So, Jen...if you get the Wii the regular game that comes with it is awesome at burning calories...mainly the boxing (that could work up a sweat) and I found that bowling was good at getting my heartrate up. The Wii Fit is going to probably be best at balance and strenghting...I'm not sure about the aerobic games yet, they appear to be fun. I've also bought the game Dance Dance Revolution, I haven't totally figured it out yet, but it is a mat and you try to match your steps with those on the screen. BTW, enjoy your 4 day weekend and your birthday!

Terri, I think you and Britt would have a blast with the Wii. The graphics are fairly juvenile, so the boys might not be as into it.

Diane, good job with the walk. I haven't done a benefit walk in about 10 years. Maybe it is time I get involved in another one.

Well, I'm off to bed, have a good weekend everyone.

Zoe
06-06-2008, 10:42 PM
thread #5 is gone due to the system crash so I re-started it