South Beach Diet - Whooshing Wednesday Beach Chat

View Full Version : Whooshing Wednesday Beach Chat

cottagebythesea
04-09-2008, 05:55 AM
:coffee: Good morning! We're half-way through the week already, the weekend is right on the horizon! :)

Foggy morning here, although it's supposed to burn off when the sun comes up, and we're going to get up to the 70s today!!!!! I'm going to work in my gardens a little before getting Maggie at noon. I have some plants that I want to move around before they get any bigger. The girls and I were starting to make plans for their "victory garden" yesterday and thinking about what they want to plant this year. Audrey wants corn and tomatoes and Maggie wants carrots and watermelon. ;) I think I'm going to pick up some packets of seeds for lettuce and radishes today so we can get them started now.

I have to work late again this evening - 3rd day in a row - and Jake is grumbling. :( Cindy told me to take the girls out for supper after their dance lessons, so I'm considering where we should go to eat. Maybe Chinese................ :chin:

femmecreole
04-09-2008, 06:01 AM
Morning Cottage and all who follow!

Have fun working on the garden! I finally got out and got a few shots of mine (http://www.kodakgallery.com/femmecreole/main/spring_2008?)yesterday. Can't wait till all of the roses start blooming, but got some pics of the ones that are.

Nothing exiting going on here today. Speaking of exiting, what did you Biggest Loser fans think about those 2 girls??? I was soooo proud of them!

Loriann7
04-09-2008, 06:28 AM
Morning Linda, have fun with that garden!

Femme, I was amazed at the girls! I thought for sure they were done! And personally, I'm hoping Kelly steps up to the plate and wins this thing. I know Jillian thinks Ali can do it, but Kelly has more weight to lose, and I actually like her better, she's more "down to earth" than her rival! Don't get me wrong, Ali's done and AWESOME job, and looks fabulous! And as for the guys, I voted for Mark. I've grown to love him. Not because he' cries, but because he was selfless more than once, even asking to go home to save a team mate! Awesome guy! And he's looking great!

Me, crazy crazy day today. Work is so crazy, I have a million things to do, especially with fiscal year end, not sure if I can do it all in the time they want me too. And no, they wont pay me to stay late.

the Floor comes tomorrow, which means tonight not only do I have to clean house, but I have to tear up the vinyl in the kitchen and bathroom! I can't wait for this floor to be put down!

I jumped off the band wagon and gained a pound. I'm upset a little, but I think it was due to "cravings." So this morning I took Jade for a jog, only 20 mins today, but enough to get the juices flowing! Every little bit helps!

OK, off to work, have a wonderful day.

cottagebythesea
04-09-2008, 06:40 AM
Cat, your garden looks just lovely. I especially like the rose bower!

Loriann, you are going to be busy after work today with that floor, but it will all be worth it when you can admire your brand new one! Good for you, getting in a nice jog already today! I'm off to Curves in a few!

Re - The Biggest Loser, was I thrilled that the girls had such huge losses!!!! :carrot: After seeing the numbers the guys were bringing in, I wasn't holding out much hope for them, but, OMG!!!! I really hope Kelly wins, I like her a lot. I like Ali, too, and she looks amazing, but I think Kelly deserves this. As for the guys, it's a hard call. They both look great, but I can't take Mark's boo-hooing all the time, and Roger is getting so cocky. I don't know if Mark can bring in such large numbers any more, he'll look awful if he loses any more weight. Same with Ali.

CyndiM
04-09-2008, 06:54 AM
:coffee: Morning Chicks!

Linda - Gardening with kids is one of my passions. I used what little voice I had yesterday (allergies) recruiting new child care programs for a gardening support & training program we offer. Then I get to spend part of my summer visiting the gardens and taking newsletter photos. Not a bad deal :) If you are looking for more activities there are lots online. UNH has a really great curriculum with lots of good ideas. We borrow from them liberally (since I work with UVM we figure that's okay ;)

Cat - :drool: love the pictures. I miss green!

Loriann- I've been in the losing & regaining the same 1.5 lbs mode for almost two weeks now. Used to worry me, now it just annoys me.

Luna made it through her surgery yesterday. Poor little thing, some of the stones they removed were spiny. That had to hurt :( We should get to pick her up this morning but will know when I call at 9. I'm working a late day & hope to see her before I have to go to work.

I'm thinking about changing up my work outs a bit again. My knees are getting really annoyed with the treadmill so it may be time for some variety. I should have my bike tomorrow so will make that my cardio whenever the weather allows. I'm also adding a yoga class starting Friday. Any other knee friendly suggestions? I do have an elliptical but find it rather dull. We decided to wait until fall to buy a new one because I'll be outside more than in with the nicer weather.

The weather here will be lovely today and tomorrow. Guess which days won't be so nice??!!

tkglenn
04-09-2008, 07:07 AM
Cottage-I totally agree with you. I think Kelly should get it. She still has some to lose and if Mark and Ali lose anymore, they are gonna look anorexic. They already are looking that way. They need to stop. They look fine the way they are and Kelly is so to herself. She doesn't want trouble, she very quiet now. I didn't really like her when her ex was there with her but I really like her now. I didn't watch last night but have it DVR'd and now I've got to go watch it and see what happened. Can't wait.

Everyone else-good morning.

Ruthxxx
04-09-2008, 07:26 AM
Cat, thanks for sharing your lovely garden. I could almost smell those yellow roses. One of these "springs", I'm coming to visit. Never been to NO and it's been on my list since I read Dinner at Antoine's when I was a teen.

Cottage, the weather is nuts and I'm starting to ignore the forecast. Yesterday was supposed to be cold and rainy and it was a great day! I hope they are wrong about the weekend as Hersh and I am going to visit my friend in Ottawa who has two dogs.

Loriann, Jogging With Jade. :lol: Sounds like a book like Travels with Charley. I hope everything goes well tonight with the rip and tear. Do you really need to clean house too? "More better clean later" is what my cleaning woman used to say.

My neighbour came and cut down one of my trees yesterday. This morning I'll help him with the branch and debris clean-up. We were smart to do this before the leaves came out and cut down some of the mess. He even trimmed some broken branches from the 75 year old white pine that I just love because my Dad planted it when this house was built.

Most of Lake Ruthie drained away overnight but will fill up again as more snow melts. I'm glad it drained as it proves the culvert is open under the huge drift at the road. So far Hershey has stuck to the snow covered areas of her yard. I may shovel off part of the patio today so she has a dry place to loaf in the sun. We go to do pet therapy at the Clinic at mid-day and she deserves consideration. (Did I ever mention I have a wonderful dog?)

I made the Baked Oatmeal from the Recipe section yesterday and had some of it for breakfast. It was pretty yummy - sort of like a cookie because I cooked it a bit too long. I figured out calories, etc., and will update the recipe and bump it. I've not made Nessa's Bars yet but will do that next week. I need to get quick and healthy breakfasts organized because I love to be outside first thing in the morning. ** Sigh ** Breakfast on the deck!

Whoosh through Wednesday.

CyndiM, you are a garden nut too! Hmmm - I'm envious of your warmer zone. So glad Luna did OK with the operation. Poor furry will need extra cuddles when she gets home - if she's that type of cat. My Marigold used to give me the "finger" when she felt poorly.

TK, no comments on the biggest loser from here. I am not a fan of the programme for many reasons as I think it makes people think extreme weightloss is the norm. Scary!

Now that I've given my little lecture, I'm off for more coffee. :soap: Don't get me started on processed foods!

Post from Weezle that I goofed on and moved into my moved posts. Sorry!

Ugh. Morning. I need some tea. Meeting in Indy today so it's gonna be a long one. I got up extra early to try to have breakfast but I'm just not hungry yet.

After 1 week on Ph1, I've decided to slowly go into Ph2 starting today. I don't have cravings or anything, but since I'm on the road 8 hours today, I need something to eat that won't spoil in the car. I'm adding a kashi bar, probably not exactly Ph2, but only 5g sugar in it (most salad dressings have 2g per 2 T. so I figure for 8g protein and 5g fiber, it'll be ok.) We're eating at a buffet, so it'll be salad and green beans, I'm sure. So my snacks will be a cheese stick (early on,) nuts, and a kashi bar for later since we probably won't be back until about 7 tonight.

I did lose 5 lbs though! And more importantly, my stomach is MUCH better. I can fit into my jeans again. That's the important part.

Sigh.... well, better get a move on. Gotta choke down some food and tea and get in the shower. Hope you girlies have a great day.

Lisa
Hi Weezle. Glad to hear you are potless! :rofl: I need a celebration. (I love that term and think of you every morning - nearly.)

tomandkara
04-09-2008, 07:59 AM
Good morning, gals! I'm back from running, showered, and contemplating what to have for breakfast. Actually, I've pretty much decided on an egg-white omelet with peppers and a dash of cheese, topped with salsa. I believe I will eat up that last kiwi in the fridge, too. :T

Linda, what's a victory garden? Have fun planning with the girls!

Cat, your pictures are wonderful! I love the ones with the pup. Are you still taking that photography class?

Loriann, I vote for putting Joe to work on that floor! If he's going to be staying with you, make that boy earn his keep! Good luck!

Cyndi, I adore the elliptical! It's the only machine I can read while using. Get thyself a good book (that will prop open) and hang out on it for awhile. If you do it "right" (standing up straight and pushing with your heels instead of your toes), it shouldn't bother your knees. Did you know the University of Vermont was my dream school? I was accepted, but it was too expensive, so I ended up at the University of New Hampshire instead. Until Tom got transferred to Washington, and then I moved to Seattle...

:wave: Tawnya! How are things in your world?

Ruth, you'll just love the Nessa bars! There are so many options! Thanks for the update on the baked oatmeal. I should try that one.

Lisa, good luck with the travels today. Glad to hear the jeans are fitting! I'm having the same issues...

Alright, the belly is grumbling so I'd better go feed it. Have a lovely Wednesday, and whooshes to all!

Kara

femmecreole
04-09-2008, 08:06 AM
I'd like to see Roger out so Kelly has a better chance. I really don't think Alli and Mark will lose much more. Either Alli or Kelly winning would be great with me.

Kara, we were posting at the same time!! You have a great day, ok??? And, no the class was only for 6 weeks and I missed the last couple. I really didn't like it that much anyway.

Cyndi, I had back surgery years ago and my Dad had his knees replaced twice, so I really shy away from anything that "shakes up" my knees or back. No machines for me. I do Callenetics, Fluidity Fitness and yogilates. All of them are working VERY WELL and I am really getting tighter all over...even my stomach now..none of them is "straining" on the back or knees, so perfect for me.

tomandkara
04-09-2008, 08:10 AM
I remember "Survivor" taking priority! Looks like you got out of it what you needed, though. Your perspective is really interesting and makes your photos fun to look through!

Kara

tkglenn
04-09-2008, 08:24 AM
Kara-everything is ok. Baby fell asleep on the floor. He was rolling around and fell asleep. But other then that, everything is calm for now.

Loriann7
04-09-2008, 08:25 AM
hahah, Joe is going to help with the floor.. my cleaning is to get the bookshelf out of the kitchen, and straighten up the laundry area and bathroom. Both are still a mess from the pain job a couple weeks ago!

And Jade is my puppy, not a tape! LOL... Jade loves her walks... I live in the country so I usually let her run in the fields as we go along, she's great at "come" when I call her! If she were not I wouldn't attempt it. Luckily I can see when cars are coming and grab hold of her leash in time. She makes an excellent jogging partner!

ladybugnessa
04-09-2008, 08:35 AM
good morning my friends... doing well.. still dreary here

official BECK weekly weigh in shows me down 1.8 pounds.

i'm tired.

busy week today I see the ortho about the boot.. maybe it comes off...
DH is sick needs his gall bladder out, needs his legs fixed, needs to get his dentures in. I need a new husband I think.

oh well... hugs to all.

jandaman
04-09-2008, 08:57 AM
my post just got swallowed:mad:where did it go? and i don't have time to rewrite. sorry ladies!! so happy hump day and i will check in later.

beachgal
04-09-2008, 09:00 AM
Mornin', darling Cottage! I'm up to my ears in seed catalogs meself! Our garden will be quite a bit different this year as we've joined a CSA (I'm going to start a thread on that and will explain what they are for those who don't know)--we're not going to do zucchini or tomatoes (which is a good thing, since my nursery person told me we should rest them for a bit in hopes of getting rid of the early blight in our soil... :( ). So we get to try some new things, like acorn squash and melons! :love: How fun! I'm just trying to pick the ones we want and then I'll be online ordering faster than fire! ;) Your garden sounds wonderful!!! Do they have a big plot? Hope DH stops grumbling--I understand that he must miss you, but it's not like you're out galivanting around, eating bon-bons! :rolleyes:

Cat, your garden is just luscious and lovely and amazing!!! I absolutely love the pics of the pansies, St. Francis peeking above the plants, and the one of your puppy running in the garden! I just drooled over your Spanish moss and your blooming hydrangeas and calla lillies! I can't get the latter to grow in my yard, sadly, and my hydrangea had very poor performance in terms of blooms last year. :( I'm praying it'll be better this year. My hellebore didn't bloom at all last year, so I'm hoping for a change there, too. So, I didn't even know you had a pup! What's his/her name? Is he/she a Shih-tzu? Looks so much like the dog I had growing up who was a Shih-tzu. :) BTW, your house is gorgeous too! :love: Where do you learn your callenetics workouts? Are there DVDs?

Loriann, good luck with the floor! I bet it'll look fantastic! :D Do you think some sugar got back into your diet and caused the cravings? You might want to hit P1 for 3-5 days to get rid of the cravings. It's SO much easier than trying to deal with them. :p

Cyndi, bless you for doing all that volunteer work! :D Water aerobics is really easy on the knee and SO much fun! You might try posting in the exercise and lifting forums about exercises for knee issues--there are several very knowledgeable people in there that have/had knee problems and can give you awesome guidance! I'm so glad Luna's okay! I hope you get to see each other before you go to work! :hug:

:wave: TK! (I think I might be the only Beachie that doesn't watch the Biggest Loser! :o I have no idea what y'all are talking about...)

Ruth, glad to hear that Lake Ruthie is a'drainin'...and that you continue to have help in the yard with big tasks. I hope you're taking it EASY, missy!!! Don't overdo and damage all the hard work you've done for the last couple months, ok? :hug: You do have a fabulous dog--and I bet she thinks she has a fabulous "slave!" :love: Have fun at therapy--it must be wonderful to see other people enjoy Hersh as much as you do!

Hey, Weezle! If you're going to do bars, you might try the SBD high protein ones. 10g of protein, 5g of fiber, and low, low sugar. They have all sorts of other things in them, but at least you know they aren't likely to cause cravings. :shrug: I've also been experimenting with Kind Fruit + Nut bars...many of them are way too high in sugar for me, but one or two get most of their sugar from dried fruits, and seem to leave me without cravings. :shrug: Anyways, if you're looking for something more natural, those are worth looking at. Have a safe trip today!

Kara, back during WWII, people created backyard and neighborhood vegetable gardens to help supplement the food coupons they received. There wasn't a lot of food available because of the war and the more people could grow, the more other food could be sent to the troops, so they called them "Victory Gardens." I think some people still call backyard veggie gardens that. :) My grandpa, who had some physical ailment and wasn't accepted into the military, did part of his service at home by organizing victory gardens in his hometown. I think it's cool that you can read on the elliptical, Kara! I have trouble--too much bouncing up and down. But a friend of mine said she gets large-print books at the library and can read those on the elliptical. I tried it and she's right! So if you have trouble, Cyndi, try large-print books!

Me:
I'm still feeling tired, woozy, and my stomach isn't happy yet, but at least I'm keeping food down. I slept through the alarm yesterday and missed my appointment at the nutrition clinic...a shame because I bet it would have been a great weigh-in! :(

I did my strength training at the gym yesterday, which felt good. I'm off to the gym after work for elliptical and then home for a walk with the pup before showering and making dinner. I'm hoping to doctor a tempeh and veggie stir fry I made a couple months ago. I tried a sauce from the store, but it didn't do anything, so I froze the whole thing. Now I have a couple of super-yummy sauces in jars that I bought at Trader Joe's around Christmas, and I'm going to try one of them. I think it'll work well! :T

Hope everyone has a great day!

beachgal
04-09-2008, 09:02 AM
Simulposting, Nessa and Janda! :wave:

Nessa, congrats on the loss! :cheer2: :hat: :yay: Sorry about your husband--but fixing all those things can't be near the amount of work it would take to "train" a new one, eh? ;)

Janda, I hate it when that happens. Now, I regularly highlight my writing and copy it. That way, if it dies, I can just paste it back in. If it's really long, sometimes I paste it into a Word document. It's just so frustrating when you lose all that hard work! :mad:

FluffyK
04-09-2008, 09:09 AM
Good morning, everyone. Back on the beach. :D

Pacergal29
04-09-2008, 09:13 AM
A Happy Wednesday to all!

Biggest Loser wise I was shocked at the pounds they all dropped this week! Proud of the girls but have to agree with Ruth that they are setting a bad example especially Ali and Mark who had so little to lose in the first place. I too am cheering for Kelly, she has been the underdog all along but managed to hang in there and I would love for her to come out of nowhere and win this!

Nessa isn't your husband younger than you? Hope he isn't one of those "difficult" sickies, if he is :hug: to you. Hope you get to lose the boot today!

All this talk of gardens has me itching to get my hands into the wet soil!

Ok time to kick it in gear, hope you all have a great day! I will try to check in later!

GONNABE165
04-09-2008, 09:15 AM
Good morning! We are getting closer to the weekend :carrot:

Cottage hope you have a great day and hope this will be the last long shift you have to pull this week

Cat love the pics, your garden looks so peaceful. I watched the biggest loser & love that the girls made it and I would love to see a girl win I just don't like that I have to wait til next week to find out :(

Cyndi glad to hear Luna is doing good

:woohoo: Nessa! Congrats on your weight loss

:getwell: Laurie

Well last evening was a crazy one for me as we had to takemy grandmother to the emergency room and after test it was only a bladder infection - thank God! Today will be a long one as I must stay up and watch Primetime at 10pm to see the Last lecture by Randy Paush.

Hello to everyone else and I hope you all have a great day!

femmecreole
04-09-2008, 09:28 AM
Beachgal...Glad you liked the pics! I have 3 dogs! Bijoux is a "ratshi"..1/2 rat terrier and 1/2 shih tzu. Stitch (my allergy dog!) is a Maltese and Roux is a Catahoula (He didn't get in the act yesterday!)

Callenetics...I use the original dvd (from the '80's) I did some research and heard it was still the best of all the Callenetics dvds. Clothes and hair are hocky, but it really does work! I think the dvd is called "10 years younger" or something like that (I'm at work now). I just ordered the whole set of Jonathan Urla's Yogilates too...can't wait for it to come in. Very peaceful to do in the afternoons when I need a "stress work break"

Schmoodle
04-09-2008, 09:29 AM
Good morning chicks,
Nessa, tell him what I tell mine. I'm gonna take him back to the daddy store and get a replacement. :D The kids think this is hysterical. Of course he threatens me with the mommy store too. And he tells the kids he found them in a dumpster and can find another one whenever they bug him. Ah, the family that snarks together,.. You are on a roll with the weightloss, girl! Go Beck!
Thanks for the pat on the back yesterday, Gonna. Isn't it funny how one minute you can be feeling great about yourself, and the next you're... not? I also noticed your ticker and that you are in onederland! So :bravo: back at you! And :hug: over your grandfather. Hope he is doing better today.
Cyndi, so glad to heal Luna is doing well. Poor little thing. How about swimming for your knees? I'm wondering if I need to lay off the WATP for a bit, as I have a bad ankle and it's been achey lately. But that may just be the weather.
Cat, I vote that if we ever have a 3fc gathering, we have it in your backyard in the springtime. And you can feed us too...:D
Ruth, I am with your cleaning lady. I had a dear friend, who also cleaned house for me for a while, and I used to kill myself getting ready for parties, etc. She once told me (her exact words) "you dumb*ss, you don't clean up before the party, you clean AFTER." I see her logic, but never have quite been able to walk the walk. I still kill myself before AND after.
Aw, janda, I hate when that happens! Hope the rest of your day goes more smoothly.
Laurie, I have been going back and forth over joining the CSA. I grow some stuff in my garden and supplement with the Farmer's Market. The CSA farms around here are also mostly the same vendors you see at the Market. So I think I've decided that the Farmer's Market is better because you can get exactly what you want in the quantities you need. Although, it may be a little more expensive in the long run. But please let me know how you like the CSA experience because I am intrigued, and maybe I'm missing something... Anyway, your next week's weigh in should be even better!

Hello to the chicks I have missed!

So, how does one win TBL anyway? Is it the one who loses the most weight, or the most percentage? Because then the bigger folks definitely have an advantage. Do you have to keep losing up until the end. I watched a little last night, but turned it off when old Mark started the boo-hooing again.
Okay, today is humpday, the day when you realized you goofed off a little on Monday and Tuesday, thinking you had the whole long week ahead of you, and now there's only three days left, and if you don't want to be killing yourself on Friday to check everything off the list, today is the day to get focused!

femmecreole
04-09-2008, 09:35 AM
Schmoodle, my Daddy used to tell my Mama he was going to "trade her in for a red head with green eyes who laughed all the time". They were married for a few months shy of 60 years...he never did it. (My Mama is almost 83 and still gorgeous..she looks like Katherine Hepburn to me)

Schmoodle
04-09-2008, 09:40 AM
Cat, that's funny, at least we are in good company! My DH has a thing for red-headed, green-eyed ladies too. Of course I am brunette with brown eyes and a moody temperament, go figure! When asked what he wanted for his birthday recently, he said "a better wife, and better kids!"

tkglenn
04-09-2008, 09:42 AM
beach-I love The Biggest Loser. I'm sure you're not the only one who doesn't watch it. It's a competition show on TV that comes on once a week and they all compete to lose the most weight and to win $250,000.00. I watch it cause it motivates me alittle each week to lose weight. I am so hooked. I already signed up for the one on 3FC. I wish it were the real one but this will do.

schmoodle-that's something my hubby would say too. But he would leave the kids out of it. lol. I know he loves me though.

femme-my husband tells me he's gonna trade me in for a mexican chick who knows how to cook. I tell him that he can go ahead and do it and see if she'll take care of the kids and his PTSD and the house and everything else that comes with it just as good as I do. And I walk away laughing.

ladybugnessa
04-09-2008, 09:46 AM
Nessa isn't your husband younger than you? Hope he isn't one of those "difficult" sickies, if he is :hug: to you. Hope you get to lose the boot today!

yep he's 11 years younger than I am. oy... i hope he gets it soon

and i'm hoping to lose the boot today myself

have a great day.

ladybugnessa
04-09-2008, 09:48 AM
oh and i threatened the kids all the time that i was going to trade them in on a hamster...

of course I threaten the dogs with the korean grocery store when they are bad, but they don't listen...

zeffryn
04-09-2008, 09:50 AM
My gosh, you chickies are up early!

I have no idea what is going on for breakfast...probably some scrambled eggs with spinach.

Not a whole lot going on for today. Hubs has to tutor this afternoon, so he'll be home later than usual. I might try to find another library that is closer to us, go check out some books for my son.

I'm still super tired. We stayed up late watching a movie, and I'm paying for it today. :(

Pearlrose
04-09-2008, 09:51 AM
Good morning

Busy morning as usual never get to post personals. Hope everyone has a great day.

Today is my and DH 20th anniversary and we are not doing anything special because we are going to go to LA in June and that will be our special.

I love Biggest Loser, I missed 1st hour due to DD soccer game- had to work concession in pouring rain with no cover over our heads-hmmm I am sure that helped my cold I am starting to get-- anyways I hope Kelly wins she is the only one who has more weight to lose the rest I concur are going to look bad if they lose anymore. Can you imagine losing close to 100 lbs in 4 months that is unbelievable and kinda of scary

Well back to work got a meeting in 9 minutes.

GONNABE165
04-09-2008, 09:57 AM
Happy anniversary Pearl I hope me & my dh can one day celebrate 20 years. April 26th will be our 5 year anniversary but we've been together for 8 years. Hope you have a great day!

Schmoodle
04-09-2008, 09:58 AM
Happy Anniversary Pearlrose, 20 is a biggie! Are either one of you planning to trade in the other for an improved model? :devil:

A year ago, I planned to lose 100 lbs in one year, thinking that was totally do-able. I now realize how naive I was to expect to maintain a steady rate of weight loss all the way through! 4 months is just insane, but you could probably find some folks here on 3fc that have managed it. Looks like I will be coming in closer to 60 for the year. I'm now kind of glad about the rate of loss, as I've had time to learn a lot of lessons along the way, and there is still much to learn before I feel like I'm "finished". I just wonder how much of that stuff they learn on that campus can stick with them when they return to normal life and normal stresses. I don't know what their long term success rate is.

tkglenn
04-09-2008, 10:00 AM
pearl-yeah they are beginning to look anorexic (sp?). They are beginning to look way too skinny. Kelly has alittle more to lose.

ladybugnessa
04-09-2008, 10:04 AM
Happy Anniversary PearlRose!

tkglenn
04-09-2008, 10:07 AM
Sorry, I didn't know HAPPY ANNIVERSARY PEARL!!!! Next month is my 7 year anniversary.

Kim_Star060404
04-09-2008, 10:11 AM
No personals for me this morning. It was a long day yesterday. DH had to go to the doc and was told he needed to have a testicular ultrasound, to collect a stool sample for three days, and that he will have a colonoscopy next week. Poor thing, he's only 29!!! They're thinking, worst case scenario, testicular cancer and best case scenario would be diverticulosis. I just hate that he's going through all of this and sat up late last night worrying. I also hate that it takes SO long to get test results back. Please send your prayers up for him!! We would both really appreciate it!

Well, off to work I go. Have a good day, gals.

GONNABE165
04-09-2008, 10:13 AM
:hug: Kim you & your dh are in my prayers. :crossed: all will be just fine

phxsunflower
04-09-2008, 10:19 AM
Good morning ladies,
Sure is busy on here by the time I get here. Time change sure shows.

The gardens sound like alot of fun. Tried to talk my DH into one but it is useless as he doesn't like the idea and is not willing to give up his yard. I was thinking doing big pots but I have to still buy those and there is noway at this time. Maybe a fall garden(if I keep pestering DH) or there is always next year.

Trading in the kids and the family:lol: sounds like home.

I am trying to check in daily even though it will probably be in the evening and everyone has come and gone for the day, but I know that I need to be here to keep on track. I am back to P1 due to to many birthdays and looking for support in the wrong places. Just checked the clock and I need to run and get the socks out of the dryer...MMMMM warm socks!!! Thanks for being out there.

Have a great day and a safe one

beachgal
04-09-2008, 10:20 AM
Kim, I'll be praying for your DH. I know how hard that is. :hug:

Happy Anniversary, Pearl! :cheers: 20 years is pretty darn special in this day and age!

zeffryn
04-09-2008, 10:21 AM
Kim, was he in for a routine checkup, or did he suspect something was wrong with him?

How on earth did BL contestants lose 100 lbs. in 4 months? That seems incredibly unhealthy.

I just tried one of the SB Tide Me Over powdered drink mixes, and they are really good! I'm having the tropical fruit kind and it tastes exactly like kool-aid :)

Kim_Star060404
04-09-2008, 10:31 AM
zeffryn: He's had recurring pains for about a year and a half in those areas and his PA didn't take him seriously. He finally went yesterday and demanded a referral to a specialist and they started running tests.

cottagebythesea
04-09-2008, 10:31 AM
Kim, my heartfelt prayers are going up for your DH and you, that everything will turn out just fine. :hug:

tdiprincess
04-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Kim, I hope everything goes allright. He is quite young. Let us know how everything goes. If there's anything I can do, let me know.

Anyhow, last night my hips really started bothering me. I think it was the bike ride. I ended up having to take my T3... I didn't want to. But, I was able to sleep. My DR told me to start taking Ibuprofen 3x a day for the inflammation. We'll if it helps... I hate being tied up not being able to exercise. I may go for a short bike ride with the DH if he lets me. (he takes care of me...)

GONNABE165
04-09-2008, 10:37 AM
Kim my uncle went through the pain thing for 6 months before he went to see another doc & it turned ou to be diverticulosis so we will just keeping praying for a good outcome.

zeffryn
04-09-2008, 10:37 AM
Kim - Wow, that is scary. I'm glad he was persistent!

Starting my third completely clean day today. I think I may have had too many calories yesterday, but they were all SB1 approved foods.
I was feeding my son pancakes with cashew butter and strawberry jam this morning, and after he was finished, I went to lick the fork (habit, I guess) but caught myself and stopped. :) I'm getting more conscious of myself. I also bought a scale yesterday, so no more having to wait for the gym scale. Now if only I can limit myself to weighing only once or twice a week.

GONNABE165
04-09-2008, 10:39 AM
zeffryn way to go on catching yourself - lil steps add up to big results. As far as the new scale I would only go for once a week or the scale will make you crazy.

Pearlrose
04-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Thanks everyone....

Kim I will be praying for you and your DH

Kim_Star060404
04-09-2008, 11:51 AM
Thanks, everyone.

Pearl - Happy 20 year anniversary!!! I'm sure you're really looking forward to June!

tkglenn
04-09-2008, 12:01 PM
I think I opened my mouth too soon. Kara asked how my world is today and I said it was calm well, shortly after that post I got a call from DS1 school and now he is suspended for taking a knife to school. This is totally not like him. He is easily influenced by other kids and they know that and when they get asked they all deny it. I am so frustrated and tired of him being so easily influenced and thinking that these kids are his "friends" when all they want is to see him get in trouble. I am so angry right now I don't even know what to do. He's only 8 and now suspended for 3 days. He's lucky the knife wasn't 1/2 an inch longer or he would've been expelled and would have to go to an alternative school.

zeffryn
04-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Oh, Tk! It's so sad that little boys take advantage of how impressionable your son is. When my husband was in school, they did the same thing. :( Kids are so mean sometimes!

tkglenn
04-09-2008, 12:24 PM
yeah-I just don't know what to do. He is just so easily-influenced and we don't know what to do. We tell him that it's not important what other kids say but it just doesn't sink in.

zeffryn
04-09-2008, 12:35 PM
That is the age where what his peers think means so much to him. I'm not sure what to tell you about how to stop it.

I realize that the school has a no tolerance policy that cannot be avoided, but I think the school needs to realize that there was no malicious intent by your son and that he is just a malleable child. I feel so bad for your son, because I know what he is going through. Those years are tough for everyone and we all strive so hard for acceptance. My 2 cents, for what they are worth, would be to tell your son that no matter what his friends say there are just some things that you cannot do (the old jumping off a bridge adage). Remind him that things like guns and knives are not allowed at school, and if his friends tell him to bring them he should tell you immediately.

I feel for you, sister. I would be devastated if that was my son. It's tough to be angry with your son, because he's young and impressionable. I asked my husband what he would do in this situation, and he (jokingly) said "take the knife and stab his little friends". Ok, so he has a kind of twisted sense of humor, but I would be more upset with the "friends" that took advantage of him than at your son himself.

tkglenn
04-09-2008, 12:39 PM
zeffry-lol that's funny. DH would probably say the same thing if it happened to a different child. Or he would say something like take the knife and stab his hand. lol.

zeffryn
04-09-2008, 12:43 PM
I think suspension is a horrible punishment btw. All is does is allow the children to get severely behind in schoolwork, and most kids that I know welcomed suspension because they got to stay home from school and watch cartoons all day. If anything it punishes the parents because they have to find someone to watch that kid if they are working or take off of work for the suspension entirety.

I'm baking loaves of bread today for the next two weeks for my DH and DS. Some just plain whole wheat for toast, and others like a whole wheat Tuscan boulle, and a sage bread. omg. it smells so good. Cross your fingers that I can pass them up.

tomandkara
04-09-2008, 01:21 PM
Tawnya, aw! He fell asleep on the floor? That's adorable! Sorry to hear about the school incident. I know there are character building curricula out there. I've come across them in searching for Connor's homeschooling materials, but haven't used any myself. I go through rainbowresource.com for a lot of things and I probably saw them there. My guess would be they have guided discussions about peer pressure and how to deal with different situations. Might be worth looking into!

Loriann, we used to let Reese run in the fields in Texas, until she took off after a jackrabbit and came back with cactus spines stuck all over her nose and legs!

Nessa, sounds like once Brian gets all that work done, you will have a new husband! Hope the appointment goes well for you!

Jan, sorry the computer was mean to you. Happy Hump Day to you!

Laurie, I don't watch The Biggest Loser either. It's on at the same time as something else, and with my in-laws dish service, you can only watch OR tape one thing at a time. I don't do too much bouncing on the elliptical. My upper body stays pretty stable and my legs just go around and around (and around and around...). But forget about reading on the treadmill, and the bike bores me to death so I don't do that! Let me know how your tempeh turns out. I tried it once and didn't care for it, but I think it was my error in not cooking it well.

Kara

tomandkara
04-09-2008, 01:26 PM
Ruth, sorry for posting on top of myself. Had too many posts to read and answer...

Oh, Kim! Best thoughts and prayers for your husband! Please let us know when you get the results back, if you can manage it.

Phoenix, there's always someone on! Come anytime!

TDI, be careful with ibuprofin! Take it with food AND milk. I got an ulcer from ibuprofin back in college when I was prescribed it for a sports injury.

Happy anniversary, Rose!

Zeff, great job! Stringing those days together makes a big difference!

Kara

zeffryn
04-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Has anybody had the Minestrone from the SBD cookbook? I was going to omit the pasta for a PH1 recipe. My husband is having a friend over to play some video games(snooze) tonight, and he said that "he might be hungry when he comes over". To me that sounds like guy speak for "He will be hungry when he comes over, and I told him that you would feed him, but I didn't want to spring a dinner guest on you so I'll just elude to the fact that he'll be hungry when he gets here and hopefully you'll pick up on it".

I had the Minestrone planned for tonight, along with some fresh baked bread....but is the soup "having friends over for dinner" good?

tomandkara
04-09-2008, 02:39 PM
I haven't made the minestrone from the cookbook yet, but it's hard to mess up a minestrone! I think your interpretation of your husband's comment is spot-on (and quite funny, by the way). If the guy doesn't want soup, as far as I'm concerned, he can go out and get his own dinner and come back to play games. Make what you'd planned!

Kara

tkglenn
04-09-2008, 02:43 PM
Kara-I will look into it. Right now anything will help.
Zeffry-yeah, it's more of a punishment for the parent. I got suspended from school when I was in high school and I didn't care. It was better for me at the time.

zeffryn
04-09-2008, 02:52 PM
you're right, Kara. I'm making that dang soup and I don't want to hear any fuss about it.
Hubs actually really likes Minestrone, so he was kind of disappointed when I said I might make something else.

I love these roasted chickpeas. I've been munching on them for lunch while I plan the menus and shopping lists for next week.

GONNABE165
04-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Zeffryn I second waht Kara said. I feel you eat what I have cooked or eat somewhere else. Good luck on the soup - I'm not a soup person.

zeffryn
04-09-2008, 02:58 PM
I love a good soup. Especially broth based soups. They are so light and healthful and really fill you up.

I used to love having fresh bread with it, though :(

uh-oh. Calvin left his bowl of strawberries right next to my desk. I looooooooooooooooooooooove strawberries.

GONNABE165
04-09-2008, 03:01 PM
I used to love having fresh bread with it, though maybe thats why I don't eat soup cause I would want the bread

uh-oh. Calvin left his bowl of strawberries right next to my desk. I looooooooooooooooooooooove strawberries. back away from those strawberries til phase 2

zeffryn
04-09-2008, 03:06 PM
I'm.................really really really trying......

*sigh*

I moved them to the kitchen counter.

Sometimes I want to be just a tiny bit bad....but I know that will end up with me being a huge bit bad.

GONNABE165
04-09-2008, 03:16 PM
you are correct Zeffryn sometimes a tiny bad does lead in to a big bad which will turn in to misery on the scale so wait til phase 2 you'll feel better that you did.

tomandkara
04-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Oooo, Zeff, you rock! You've built up three days now - don't go ruining it! You'll have your strawberries in due time! At least you're smarter than me, who started Phase 1 smack dab in the MIDDLE of strawberry season last year!

Kara

zeffryn
04-09-2008, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the support. :)

I made it through.

I just checked out fitday, and from what it looks like today, I'll only be getting around 1000 calories. That doesn't seem right as I'm not hungry at all.

GONNABE165
04-09-2008, 04:00 PM
Zeffryn when I was on phase 1 it was the same way with the calories just couldn't get very high

zeffryn
04-09-2008, 04:05 PM
I've found in the past when I didn't eat much trying to get to under 1200-1500 calories that I was starving myself. I guess I've been eating the right foods more frequently, so I'm not hungry. I've also been drinking a butt-load (which, if you're looking at my butt is a whole lot) of water, so that might be why I'm not so hungry.

When it came down to it, I was burning more than I put in...so that is a step in the right direction.

I totally forgot, but I have a cooking party this Friday night with our friends. I hope at least something that we make is SBD approved. I forgot to tell the host, and she's already planned and bought. Oh well. If all else fails, I'll just eat some SBD food before I go, and won't eat much of the bad stuff.....and nobody notices anyway, as we all just flitter around and pick anyway. ;)

edit: Does anybody know if I can have parsnips on ph1? I know that carrots are a no-no, and parsnips are even sweeter than carrots.

tdiprincess
04-09-2008, 11:33 PM
Yeah, I've been planning meals out at places with family and stuff. I bring at least one thing that is SBD friendly, generally a dessert as that's the best part of going out. And if I don't have something I can enjoy, I'm GOING to enjoy something BAD!!!
although, today I splurged.. I got a frosty float from Wendy's..... I shared with the DH? I know that doesn't make it better. But that's my splurge for the week....I promise :)