Support Groups - April Showers = Cow Power

View Full Version : April Showers = Cow Power

Kiwonk
04-07-2008, 08:02 PM
and large swaths of mud and reconstituted dog poo.

Hi kids! It's April!

Sugar -- I insist you feel better right quick.

I have my sweet puppydog lying at my feet under my computer desk. We are trying to teach her not to be so defensive about her "space", and she is doing fairly well at sharing right now, at least with me.

Today was a corker of a day -- sunny and almost warm. Our driveway is melllllllllllttttttttttttiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngg ggggg.

DD informed me last night when I was talking to her on the phone that when she arrives in Oman, it will be in the midst of Ramadan, and she thinks most likely she will have to fast during daylight hours along with everyone else. My skinny little minny fasting all day :yikes: She assures me that part of it is that everyone gets up before daylight and has something for breakfast, than after sunset they feast. Sounds great for someone like me, who would just as soon not eat all day and then pig out all night -- but for a healthy girl with not an ounce of fat on her, I don't know!

Well, she will have lots of people here at home checking up on her -- me, DH, the bf, the bf's mother, her grandmothers, who knows who else? -- I daresay we will all be asking her if she's eating enough, if she's losing weight, is she feeling okay, does she want to come home? :lol: Her bf has already announced his intention to fly over there and bring her home at the slightest complaint...

gotta go make green risotto

kiwi

Bagzz
04-07-2008, 08:11 PM
WOW KIWI!!!---when does the adventure for dd commence???? i look forward to reports and is she allowed to take pics??? how long does it last???do tell!!!---we just came in from a lovely walk--we went down to the ocean and it was so calm----felt good to be out finally and the snow is totally gone!!! if it snows again,i am flying to the moon.

Wabby
04-08-2008, 11:18 AM
Bagzie, I don't think there is a moon........ or sun....At least I haven't seen either for weeks, because it doesn't snow here.........it effin rains and rains and the clouds lay down here in the valley......... but the weather forecast for the weekend is sunny and 75 degrees!!!!!!!! ......... but that's the forecast, which can just as easily change by Saturday back to unrelentless drizzle.

I've been working really hard at being a leisurely woman. Do you know how many years it's been since I've had more than 5 days off in a row???? I've been "restyling" furniture, which means I took a dark, tacky 70's pseudo french style china hutch and painted it white and glazed it, and now it's a vision of shabby chic-ness. Anyway the bottom part of it is, I can't get anyone to help me carry the top hutch part into the house so I can work on it. Now I need to repaint all my porch furniture. Then there's the vintage linens I've bought that are waiting to be made into throw pillows.... and I bought a pattern to make my mom an old fashioned apron for mother's day.......I've decided to use DH's method for problems......... keep yerself busy.

Kiwonkers!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm totally freaked about my cyber niece going to the middle east. What an experience for her!!! I can't wait to hear stories and see pictures.

Kiwonk
04-08-2008, 02:47 PM
75 degrees! Wow, that's something to look forward to! My real life Oregon friend JW has been busy paddling in one of those dragon boats (not something we have around here, but I assume you are familiar with them, Wab). Maybe you'll see her on tv or something. Sounds this will be a corker of weekend to do something like that.

Glad you're getting out, Bagz. I feel like I'm shut up in a cave. Of course that's partly because DH has made a cave out of the computer room. Window shades on both windows for his endless video projects and a computer monitor set up to block one window. I keep coming in here and pulling up the shades and turning the monitor so there's some light, and he comes back in and remakes it into a cave. We have become some weird stereotype old couple.

Here's a cute website (http://theplug.net/28/strangerphotos.htm)

I should go eat something. Later folks

Kiwonk
04-10-2008, 06:43 PM
I think we done gone and fergetted a birfday. :yikes:

And you thought you were going to get away scot-free, Wabbit? I don't think so! :woo:

:bday2you:
:hat: HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR WABBIT :celebrate:

:grouphug:

SugP
04-11-2008, 05:25 AM
Happy Birthday, Wabbalicious! We love yous!

:celebrate::belly::hb::belly::celebrate:

Wabby
04-11-2008, 10:33 AM
Hmmmm. Thought I'd save a year and sneak one by you.:s: Thank you cowsies.

Kiwonk
04-11-2008, 09:41 PM
Oh, who needs to hang onto this year? Splurge, become a year older, it'll be fun!

Bagzz
04-12-2008, 03:10 PM
wabby WABBY wabby!!! sorry i missed your cowday!!-----dd has been sick all week and i have been actually working and missing all the action down't the internet----and i forgot to send your cow earrings with mother-----she mails my stuff in Calais!! it gets where it's going faster and there is no foolish duty--i mean--you never know if those guards might steal the chicken bones---not worth the risk!!!!----------ask the others---i actually do send things sometimes!!well---i have been raking the lawn and there must be about a hundred garbage bags worth of leaves out there---it's exhausting---plus--it's raining and miserable out today--and they say---mabye effin snow tomorrow!!!crap--i am at work now so i better go---------------------happy days my cowpies

Cowpernia
04-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Oh h h h , I also missed WabboBirthDay. So sorry. Been caught up in my own world here and not checking or thinking.

Kiwi, when do you go to Hollywood? I am impatient for this.

Isn't Calias in France?

Kiwonk
04-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Calais is indeed in France. Also on the US side of the border crossing with Can. Clever mailing strategy, Bagz!

My trip is not until the middle of May. The show is on May 20th, mark your calendars. We'll be the ones jumping up and down screaming with moose antlers on our heads. Not.

We had more snow this morning. Nothing much, just enough to remind us that we are not out of winter's grip. I lost another tennis ball in a snowbank, 2nd one in 2 days. Glad I bought a dozen.

Later cowsies

Kiwonk
04-13-2008, 04:17 PM
Hey, who wants to join the biggest loser challenge? We have until 4/19 to sign up. I think I will. Gotta fit into that strapless gown you know.

Kiwonk
04-14-2008, 04:07 PM
Looks like I'm talking to myself again. I may become a blithering idiot quite soon.

My local state representative called this morning to make sure I had gotten my convention delegate packet. Isn't that sweet? He calls everyone "Dear".

My elbow hurts again. Probably because I spent some time editing a photo, per Bagz' suggestion. I'm also making a greeting card out of it. Oh my, I do lead an exciting life.

Before and after pics below.

Bagzz
04-14-2008, 05:38 PM
how do we sign up??

Kiwonk
04-14-2008, 05:49 PM
Oo, what are we signing up for? Is it aspensive? :hyper:

Bagzz
04-14-2008, 06:06 PM
darling!!! you said we could sign up for the biggest looooser challenge!!! you,yourself and YOU SAID IT!!HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA---I LOVE YOUR PICTURE--YOU DID A FANTASTIC JOB---now i want to sell those next winter for a christmas card---get some ready for me---i will pay you a dollar a piece and i need 24---my order is in early to avoid the rush!

Cowpernia
04-15-2008, 01:14 AM
I will not sign up. Too shy.

The disappearing line is amazing. How did you do that? Did you have to redraw every tree? Here they have underground wires a lot.

Bye.

SugP
04-15-2008, 03:47 AM
I'm a big fat looser already, no need to sign up for anything. :p

The buses are striking today so I had to drive the kids and one of their friends to school. Have I mentioned how much I hate driving here? It's only a 10 minute trip each way but there are TWO roundabouts where people honk at you if you don't get in fast enough, and teeny tiny narrow streets and no place to park and just the general unpleasantness of dropping 1000 kids off at school at the same time. They have no parking lot or drop of drive through thingie or anything so it's a free for all. Bleh. Ds12 and ds15 get out at different times so I have to head out twice more today unless one of them gets a ride with someone else. Stupid unions.

Other than that there is NOTHING going on here. Nada. Zilch. Zippo.

Wabby
04-16-2008, 09:47 AM
I'm not signing up for any more challenges in my life. Even if it's the biggest loser challenge. I'm sick of challenges. I want to know where to sign up for the easy path.

I've become a blithering idiot. I've been making vintagey looking aprons out of old pieces of embroidery and new fabric..... and new pillows for my living room sofa and painting furniture and shabby chic-ing it, and pressure washing my deck chairs...... then my deck... and mowing the lawn with the riding lawn mower for the first time in 10 years (ran out of volunteers to do it). I picked up my step grandson at school yesterday, and I will be picking up Kaydy from her mother today........... no matter how busy I make myself, I'm still not busy enough.

The closest I've gotten to political activism this year is signing up for Obama's email list. Kiwi, you rock.

Cowpernia
04-17-2008, 11:14 AM
How come I come here and find silence? How? Come? Just because I have nothing new in my life and don't want to whine about the same stuff again, doesn't mean people with cute tourist shops and puppies who play in the snow and piles of aprons (when do I get one?) and bilingual everyday lives can be quiet. No. No. No. Say something.

OK. I will whine. Let's see. Hmm. Oh, I saw June and thought it was wonderful. Very entertaining and refreshing and funny and crazy and happy. Oh! And here's a hot flash from my life: I learned that if you go to the deli in my store and ask for a grilled cheese with tomato, they will make it!! AND depending on who makes it, it may cost ... well, just about anything. They apparently don't have this on their price chart. My kitty hasn't been sick in a while. Stamps are going up again. Lindt milk chocolate is really good.

Tell us about Kaydy. Tell her about us. "Grandma has a herd of cows she's friends with. They can type and use the computer. One of them sails a boat."

XOXOXOX OXOXO

Wabby
04-17-2008, 12:16 PM
OK. Kaydy is beautiful. She is funny. She has her own Kaydy language, but it's becoming english. Something nobody tells you about grandchildren is that you love them every bit as much as your own babies, but you have way less control over whats happening in their lives. I want to give her a June Cleaver world, and she's getting a Britney Spears life. She will have to grow up way too soon and her mother seems to have a revolving door love life......... and my son has his own problems, so I don't think he's perfect either. I have such a longing for the time when she had her own little room with Peter Rabbit painted on the wall and her mommy and daddy in the same house, and she had a Grandpop who made funny faces at her just to see her smile.

Bagzz
04-17-2008, 11:01 PM
i love kady too!!! she is beautiful---send them the pics wabby--they are stunning!!! she makes her grandmother laugh and that is worth the world---one of my very best friends--since grade five even --has a daughter who was ALmost finished her second degree----in physiotherapy---a very good job---and then she got in the family way unexpectedly!!! well,that is one thing but then they found out it was going to be twins so she had to take a leave of absence from school--she was supposed to graduate this august---WELL the twins came early---THREE MONTHS EARLY---so now the new baby girls will be living in neonatal intensive care for a few months--talk about life making a swift turn----needless to say my friend,the new grandmother adores the teeny tiny infants,but is sorry the timing was off---the babies are under two pounds each but are doing well---alot of ups and downs daily regarding breathing issues,etc,but that is all 'normal'=----such stress!!! also--my darling friend lives here in my town and all of this is taking place in halifax---a good four hours away!!!

Cowpernia
04-18-2008, 01:35 AM
Yes, please send the pictures of Kaydy. I want to see !!!

It's late now. Tomorrow I will come and whine.

Kiwonk
04-18-2008, 05:06 AM
Ugh, I spent most of the day "babysitting" the computer while it tried unsuccessfully to send a giant video (attached to an email) that DH made to DD -- twice. Then I fell for this idea of going for a ride so that he could make more videos while I sat in the back seat and tried to make the dog behave. Then he went to a meeting and I tried some more to get this stupid email to send and gave up and then attempted to make tacos with moose meat for dinner (hey, if you had over 100 lbs of meat in the freezer you would feel obligated to do something with it too) which didn't work because there's no fat in it and I'm so sick to death of the smell of that stuff that I could barely eat one taco. Meanwhile DH went back on the computer and got the email to send, and I complained about the damn moose meat, so now I'm the bad guy.

We have wasps living in the roof just outside the door. Soon the bats will move in. Maybe I'll move out.

I am very glad that Peaches' cat is doing okay.

There was a beautiful French speaking ad for New Brunswick on TV today.

I paid $60 for 9 pills of migraine medicine the other day. That was with insurance. The pharmacist said if my doctor had ordered 20 or 50 or something it would have cost the same. I'm sorry but that is criminal.

kiwi, angry thing

Bagzz
04-18-2008, 07:49 AM
kiwi---i just read your post and i would say you experienced what is called a classic BAD DAY!!!!---i am hoping that today will bring some unexpected pleasures!!! ----with the winter we have had and all the other annoying pests ,past and future,it's a wonder that the cabin fever has not claimed us all~~~~~can you get rid of that nest before the things start wasping about?

Cowpernia
04-18-2008, 09:19 AM
You are not the bad guy.
1. Some things are food.
2. Some things are not food.
3. Some things are slightly foodish and not to be eaten often or in big quanities. (by often, I mean more than twice in ten years unless you are of a special group of people which we are not).

What is this medicine? big numbers of pills and small numbers of pills cost the same $ per bunch of pills? How could that help? Are these menopausal migraines? I had them alll lllllllll llllll the time during that time. I took Excedrin migraine all the time, too, and it worked very well for me.

Where are the bats living now? They don't fly south do they?

Wabby
04-18-2008, 11:50 AM
Kiwi, do you take Imitrex? I bought 10 pills in Mexico for $8.00. They cost me $8.00 for one w/ insurance here at home. Now that is criminal. I feel your pain about the moose meat. My dad used to hunt moose when I was a kid (he went to BC) and I remember we were always sick of it before we got to the end of the critter.

If anyone didn't get pictures of Kaydy, let me know. The procedure for sending them is kind of screwy and I don't know if it worked for everyone. Can you blame me for being a proud grandma?? .... and then there's my snuggle bunny Vincent.... oooohhh I love these little darlins.

SugP
04-18-2008, 06:20 PM
I got them, Wabs. Thanks! She is just SO adorable in her little outfits. What a personality.

Those migraine tablets cost about EUR 7.95 here for a pack of two. I don't know how much that is in U.S. dollars (and I just noticed I don't have a dollar sign on my keyboard - for shame!). Do they really work? I've been taking ibuprofen for mine. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I'm also noticing now that I get a killer headache about two days after my period ends so I'm pretty sure it's hormonal.

Wait! I DO have a dollar sign, see? $$$$$$$$ It was hiding on me.

Cowpernia
04-18-2008, 07:26 PM
I am so excited !!!!!!!! DS has an 8-week summer internship in Pencilcola. Math studies on a biology project. Paid. Room. Food expenses. Transportation expenses. HOORAYYY.

That child is beautiful!! Wow oh wow. She is perfect and sweet and so so pretty. I have this belief that children change so quickly that when you see them looking particularly charming, you need to take lots of pictures. Somebody did a good job here.

Question: if you went to get your hair cut and told the stylist that you were growing it out and she said, "No, I don't like it longer" how would you react?

Cowpernia
04-18-2008, 10:12 PM
Do you realize it's just a few short weeks before Bush sends out checks to everyone in America and Alll Our Problems are solved??? Mine is due May 9, I think.

Congrats on the lovely dollar sign. You'll need it when you write about how lucky Americans are to have an extra $600 or so each in the next few months.

I am still so jazzed about ds's internship. He applied the last possible day even though they emailed him and invited him to apply weeks ago. He spent $16 to overnight the application to them because of his tardiness.

Bagzz
04-19-2008, 09:08 AM
wow!!! Peachers Congratulations On Ds's Summer Job---is That Close To You???? Thank The Heavens---i Am So Happy For Youuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!---and Your Hairdresser Is Too Blunt!!!!! Bite Her!!!!

Wabby
04-19-2008, 12:26 PM
Waytago Peach boy!!!! That's wonderful news! I suppose this also means he will be close to his momma this summer??

Your hairdresser is needs an attitude adjustment, Peach. My hairdresser got my hair waaayyy too blonde last time, and she said if I wanted, I could come back and she'd darken it up, which I plan on doing next week. I'm ditzy enough, without adding blonde hair to it. My hairdresser is a sweetheart. She's sent me "thinking of you" cards ever since I lost DH. She still does. It's so nice when I'm having a bad day to get something besides bills in the mail.

Sugar, imitrex does help. It's not always fool proof, but if I take them when I first start feeling a migraine coming on they usually work.... and if they don't cost me a fortune, I'm more likely to take them sooner. When they cost me $8 a piece, I'd wait until I was sure it was a migraine, not a tension headache, then it was usually too late for them to help.

Kiwi, I have a leaky roof now too!!!! We didn't replace the roof when it needed it b/c the house was supposed to be sold by now. It's really p*ssing me off that I'm going to have to put $$$'s into fixing the roof when I'll be moving. I'm waiting for some dry weather and maybe I'll get up there and fix it myself. It doesn't have to be pretty -- just rainproof.

Bagzie, how is the market going lately? I want to hear what's going on.

Kiwonk
04-20-2008, 01:32 AM
~can you get rid of that nest before the things start wasping about?Oh boy, I hope so -- but they are somehow nesting under the roofing shingles. I'm thinking we need to spray them, but I don't much want to be standing there under it when they come streaming out. :eek:
Where are the bats living now? They don't fly south do they?Actually I think they do. Or maybe they hibernate somewhere -- but they are not around yet.
Kiwi, do you take Imitrex? I bought 10 pills in Mexico for $8.00. No, it's Relpax, but same idea. Maybe I should head to Mexico... I used to get migraines regularly right after my period, like Sugar, but for several years now I have had barely any. Just lately I had those auras twice and headaches, that's why I got the prescription again. Apparently they're $10 each, 7 with insurance. Ridiculous.
If anyone didn't get pictures of Kaydy, let me know. I got them, haven't seen them yet. I'm in the hotel room, with wireless, so I'll go see them now!

Peaches, I'm so psyched about DS's internship!!!!! Wonderful news!

DD's summer internship is still up in the air. The first FBI interview took place yesterday--of one of her references, a friend of ours.
Question: if you went to get your hair cut and told the stylist that you were growing it out and she said, "No, I don't like it longer" how would you react?That's happened to me. Guy I used to go to always bugged me about cutting my hair short. For a while I just "laughed" like he was kidding around. THEN I QUIT GOING TO HIM. Frankly I have never in my life had a good experience with a hairdresser, which I suppose is one reason I have really long hair :shrug:
Kiwi, I have a leaky roof now too!!!! We didn't replace the roof when it needed it b/c the house was supposed to be sold by now. It's really p*ssing me off that I'm going to have to put $$$'s into fixing the roof when I'll be moving.Oh no! That's crappy. I feel your pain. Oddly, we had a little leaking during the winter, but none this spring (yet).

Well, we had a lovely afternoon and evening with DD and the bf. Walked from campus to the subway station, shopped a bit in Harvard Square, had dinner at a vietnamese restaurant, subwayed back to Somerville where we went to the movies. We saw a fascinating animated feature called "Persepolis" -- I'll bet PeachDS knows this one, eh Peach? I recognize those 2 nun figures!!

Tomorrow we'll have brunch on campus and go to the concert, then drive back north. Can't pick up my sweet monster puppy until Monday though.

It's fun using wireless high speed. I'm so sick to death of dialup. It sux bigtime.

CU back in dialupland. Tata

Kiwi

Cowpernia
04-20-2008, 02:04 AM
Kiwi, I feel the same but didn't want to admit. Hairdressers and principals .. both people I've never really liked. What traits do they share? Power. Both feel they are better at something than others are. Both feel they know what is best for others and they can make it happen. Principals HERE can whip out the paddle and burnish the kid's butt and hairdressers and whip out the scissors and make the person's hair look just like the last person's who sat in the chair.

What did the FBI agent ask? I once worked in the library at the U of Alabama when an FBI agent came in to ask the librarian about this kid who had applied to work with them. He asked about three boring questions and left. Do you have any problem with him kind of questions. He seemed to be leaning on the counter and not interested in his job. That's not to say he didn't do a good job of asking the questions, he just didn't do it as well as George Clooney would have.

Bagzz
04-20-2008, 04:02 PM
i just finished two hours plus of raking---man,this takes FOREVER!!!!!-----my friend and i make take a couple of mikes and go sit and look at the ocean--it's that kind of day-----------KIWONK----MY DAD WAS BORN IN SOMMERVILLE AND I USED TO GO THERE ALMOST EVERY SUMMER TO STAY AT MY AUNTS ON MYRTLE STREET!!!! WE USED TO GO TO REVERE BEACH TO SWIM!!!! I LOVE NEW ENGLAND!!!!!=== wabs!!! the shop was great yesterday--i finally made some decent cash!!! ABOUT TIME!!!!

Wabby
04-22-2008, 11:41 AM
I have cabin fever. I want to sit by the ocean with a friend and a Mike's. It is raining and raining and cold here. Cold like January, not April. Hmmm. what to do, what to do???? I'm working on another apron. I think it's for my mom for mother's day. I'm still in the middle of repainting and glazing a china cabinet. It needs one more top coat, then the glaze. I have another little kid rocking chair I found for $5 (again) on Craig's list that needs painting and decorating. My deck chairs are pressure washed and ready for paint........... and I don't want to do any of these things.........I'm sick of them. I need a road trip, but I don't have any where to go. Bleeeh. I have a cold. Whine, whine, snuffle, cough.

Kiwonk
04-22-2008, 07:17 PM
What did the FBI agent ask?..... he just didn't do it as well as George Clooney would have.:lol: Good point. The guy was apparently a retired FBI agent, and he asked a whole lot of questions. She was one person that DD submitted as a reference, so I don't suppose they will be doing that in depth type of interview with many other people. There was an emphasis on computer hacking, and he also wanted to know what sort of things she did with DD when they got together (I think to see if she really knew her or was just a friend of ours). Also what mutual acquaintances they had who were non-US citizens. They actually asked why that person hadn't applied for citizenship, which I thought was particularly nosy.

---MY DAD WAS BORN IN SOMMERVILLE AND I USED TO GO THERE ALMOST EVERY SUMMER TO STAY AT MY AUNTS ON MYRTLE STREET!!!! WE USED TO GO TO REVERE BEACH TO SWIM!!!! No kidding! (Although I don't know where Myrtle St. is.) That's cool! I don't think I've been to Revere Beach since I was a little kid. We lived in Marblehead until I was 6, and used to go to the beaches there, but I'm sure we also went to Revere. When I was in college, I used to go to Crane's Beach sometimes, a little farther north.

I'm glad you are raking in some dough finally!

However, this LEAF raking thing -- do I have to do that? Man our yard looks like ****! Of course we still have some snowbanks, but the rest of it got suddenly uncovered this past weekend while we were gone and yukkkkkkk!

I want to sit by the ocean with a friend and a Mike's. ............I need a road trip, but I don't have any where to go.How far do you want drive? :s:

Well, we had a great (albeit short) weekend with DD and BF. Her concert (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=17744382587&ref=mf) was very interesting. They performed music from Egypt, Lebanon and Syria. Was quite lovely. DD, not being experienced with the instruments used, was on percussion. There were violins and ouds (interesting lute like things) and a quanan (?) (a souped up autoharp), several drums.

Then we went out to an Afghan restaurant (http://www.helmandrestaurantcambridge.com/home5.htm). Oh my goodness--HEAVEN!!!!! :cloud9: It was so awesome. Very highly spiced -- managed to have a touch of heartburn -- but so tasty. Just wow.

The only bad thing about the weekend was that our car's brakes are shot. We realized this last week and made an appointment, but couldn't get it in until yesterday, so had to drive it all the way to Boston and back. Big mistake -- I took it in to the dealer yesterday and they worked on it all afternoon, gave me a loaner car, worked on it some more today, couldn't finish it because they received the wrong part, so have to work on it some more tomorrow. This place is 40 miles away :rolleyes:. So I get to waste 2 afternoons, probably over $1000 in repairs, not to mention the extra gas to go there twice. God.

Later gators

Cowpernia
04-22-2008, 11:36 PM
Speaking of nosey. I was called by my insurance agent's office to come to go over my policies since laws have changed and I might benefit from this:
1. when I got there, this other man (not my agent) said the agent had to go to a funeral but he would go over the policies with me. When I got home, I had a postcard saying I had an appointment with this man. Small point but he lied.
2. flipping through the policy, he asked how old ds is, said his premium would drop about 25 percent next year when he's 21 and asked (more than once) was he a student. Like I might be lying. Then if ds has good grades, we get that good student discount. He said he'd make sure we got it, but never mentioned it again. DS had taken the form to the university office, they said they'd need a few days to fill it out, then .. who knows. So far, we've lost at least $162 because of this form not being turned in.
3. I told the man I had gotten in the mail, a paper saying they were taking money from account at the end of the policy. No, he said, you're mistaken. I have the paper right here. In April, they're deducing money because Florida got rid of hte PIP, then put it back in.
4. He asked me a bunch of questions and I wish I hadn't answered.Do I have life insurance, health insurance, etc. Seems that 2 years ago, someone died and a family member came into the office and the agent wished he had this info to share.
5.I'm especially suspicious because when I got home, along with the postcard saying my appt with with Mr-Not-My-Agent, I had a homeowner's insurance quote from a company I never heard of at the same address as my agent. I called and asked what this was and the girl said they shouldn't have sent that to me. Because the 2 policies, car and house, are tied together and give discounts to each other, it's impossible for me to know a better deal if one appears.

My boss got promoted and will be leaving the store on Friday. I will miss him. I have such trouble getting along with bosses and I like this one and feel he likes me. Grr.

Wabby
04-24-2008, 10:17 AM
Kiwi, for a woman from the wilds of Maine, you do have an interesting life! How they gonna keep the boy on the farm after he's seen Pareeee?????!! (we need some musical note smiley's so you get an idea of my lovely singing voice)

Peach, it all sounds very fishy to me.

Now lets talk about something very serious--------- do you think Carly Smithson got kicked off American Idol b/c too many people found her boyfriend's full face tatoos offensive???? Do you think Jason Castro's dreadlocks help him or hurt him? Do you think Brooke White is still on b/c people identified w/ screwing up in front of millions of people? Do you think Kiwi's American Idol outfit is already hanging in her closet or does she still have some shopping to do?

Cowpernia
04-24-2008, 10:25 AM
I have never seen American Idol. Where can I find the tattooed face? I feel so deprived.

Kiwi has shopping to do. Go Kiwi!!

Cowpernia
04-25-2008, 10:20 AM
why is no one posting? I don't feel well. Very very tired. I need postings to read. I have complaining to do but don't see the point if no one is here.

Wabby
04-25-2008, 10:37 AM
I had a personal call from my friend, Hillary telling me her hubby will be visiting the local high school, and would I be there to keep an eye on him around all those young cheerleaders? ......... Ok, it wasn't a personal call, it was a recorded message, and if I would be there to see Bill, please press "one". 4 o'clock Saturday at the local high school. It's a date.

I did something to my back when I was coughing uncontrollably and now I have some bodacious back spasms that are driving me crazy. Geez. I can have muscle pain even with absolutely no physical activity.

Peaches, surely you can watch American Idol online....... how are you going to keep an eye on Kiwi????

Cowpernia
04-25-2008, 12:02 PM
I can't. I have dial up. I am in the dark.

Here's my gripe. One of my managers has three kids in the department. They get training that others have waited for, they get jobs others have waited for, they get better schedules, more responsibility. There's no one at work you can talk to about this except other employees and they all feel the same way. Many of the most highly trained in the department are in their early 20s and of the same social group. When they're not at work, they're together. They seem to choose who gets more training and more interesting work and they choose each other. That this huge company would put a person in a store where she would supervise three of her offspring is unthinkable. They're all nice, all really wonderful, but so are the rest of us.

Wabby, go meet Bill. Maybe you "get to know him" and we can read your story in the National Enquirer.

Drinking water is supposed to help back spasms. Seriously. And take magnesium.

I am depressed. Blah.

Kiwonk
04-25-2008, 05:05 PM
What is it about Germany? (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2163653&postcount=1)

(Okay, it's just an urban legend, but still -- it's set in Germany)

Wow, that's very convoluted and confusing, that insurance appt. Almost seems as if he were deliberately trying to confuse you :chin: Sorry to hear that your good boss is leaving. When the nepotists (?) are charge, there isn't much you can do about it.

:lol: Wabbit, can't wait to hear about your date with Bill. Maybe you can set him straight about this crazy campaign. And with his history, he probably has some good back pain remedies too! :lol3:

We've heard today from another person who was interviewed by the FBI; DD's old music teacher. DD says her roommate and gf, and her BF's twin have also been interviewed. So things are really rolling, looks good. She should find out for sure if she has the internship in about a week.

I found a recipe for one of the Afghan dishes. I have to wait till fall to make it, because it calls for fresh pumpkin. I think I will force it on my in-laws for Thanksgiving. When I first considered this, I realized DD will not be home for Thanksgiving for the first time in her life, so naturally I sobbed for 15 minutes over that.

Hey, I'm not depressed, just dysfunctional.

It's a gorgeous day out, I think I'll go uncover the "daffodils" (also dysfunctional)

ta

Bagzz
04-25-2008, 05:08 PM
i have nothing interesting to report----everyone is living an exciting life===the dd's are having a ball---one is off in the tropics with her lover,the other starting a new life with her lover----life in the fifties is considerable more BORING-----there is no need to complain per say,just a general mood of ennui----c'est la vie---now if i could sing along with wabbs and we could sail to Pareeeee,that might take the edge off=----cowpern----WHY DOESN'T SOMEONE CALL THE HEAD OFFICE AND ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS FOOLISHNESS???{DONT'T GIVE YOUR NAME}----Regarding the boot off of carly---not sure if her tatoo man had anything to do with it-but as talented as she was,there was something missing--can't put my finger on it---maybe is was all the hollering she did-----her singing was confrontational----i like david COOK!!!

Cowpernia
04-25-2008, 07:40 PM
I hate hollering singing. Linda Ronstadt did that in the Blue Bayou song. Loved her. Hated that hollering.

200 lbs of poop! Instant weight loss.

How many people have to be interviewed for this internship? For DS's non-governmental one, he had letters from two teachers.

Tomorrow a new regime starts at work. We'll see, I guess.

DS will be home next week for a while. He could feed the cats while I go to Paris on Kiwi's boat with Bagz and Wabby. Kiwi can come if she cooks pumpkin on the boat.

I'm so glad you all posted. Wabby and Billy sittin in a tree. k.i.s.s.i.n.g.

Kiwonk
04-26-2008, 04:43 PM
My internet connection is so FREAKIN slow that I've resorted to reading and cleaning out old emails on my computer waiting for the freaking thing to load anything. We recently had our internet service SOLD to another company, and they just gave us a new local number to use for dialup (used to be a free long distance number). Since then I can't load 2 pages at the same time, and every single freaking page takes about 10 minutes. It is awful awful awful and I'm getting very stressed. I spent an hour and a half updated my tracfone minutes -- which are supposed to update automatically every month, but like everything else in my life DOES NOT WORK so I have to go online every month and spend half my day doing it. Since then I haven't been able to do anything much online and I'm getting MAD MAD MAD MAD MAD.

I agree with you about Carly, Bagz. I liked her, but she just didn't quite hit it. And I also agree about David Cook -- he is a real winner. Great voice, original style, in spite of myself I'm finding him a little dreamy. :lol: I say in spite of myself, because lets be frank he's not exactly a 10 in the looks department. Kind of odd looking in fact, but there's definitely something :drool: there, no doubt. How about that "Music of the Night" rendition? Makes me tingle just to remember it.

DD is being vetted for national security clearance, that's why it is so extensive. Hopefully done soon.

I raked for :chin: 3 minutes today! I uncovered those poor daffodil leaves that are trying so hard to sprout. I also discovered a few snowflowers blooming. Very cute. (not coming up out of snow however, just out of the dead grass)

Cowpernia
04-26-2008, 06:12 PM
speaking of dreamy, we got our new boss today. He's 26 and all the did, all day long, was help people. He was NICE all the time. Never superior acting. I may like him more than the last one.

For some time now, I wanted to go to the new age churchy thing in Ft Walton but don't want to go alone so I asked my yoga teacher, now and then, if I could go with her. She finally told me she rarely goes and only goes if there's a certain speaker but she knows this one woman who goes all the time and she'd tell her to call me. The woman left a message on my machine. She sounded freaked out by having to call a stranger. She's not going because gas is too high and here's the directions and if I have more questions call her or the yoga teacher. So much for that.

I remember how Bagzie thinks she's best at imagining the worst. The other day, I was walking outside and when I squinted in the sun, this little dark spot appeared in my vision. Left eye. Over and over. I was certain I was going blind and was surprised when I looked in a mirror later to see a blob of mascara on a low lash.

Kiwonk
04-26-2008, 06:31 PM
this little dark spot appeared in my vision. Left eye. Over and over. I was certain I was going blind and was surprised when I looked in a mirror later to see a blob of mascara on a low lash.
:lol: :hug:

Wabby
04-27-2008, 11:48 AM
Bill was running 2 hours late and I won't wait around on any man that long. Next time if he wants to see me, he'd better be on time. I had a movie to go to. Actually, I stood him up. I was busy in the yard and I didn't want to get cleaned up to go. I'm such a political activist.

Peach, that's a cute chicken little story. I, for one, am so relieved that you're not going blind.

I'm putting my money on David Archuletta. I think he's so talented and just adorable.

I'm invited to DS's today for bbq. It's a Kaydy day. Can't wait to see my little love bug.

Kiwonk
04-27-2008, 06:16 PM
Hope you're having a lovely day with Kaydy et al. :carrot:

We had dinner with the in-laws. I brought the salad. Yay me.

DD went to Spring Fling and had a great time. She saw the Dropkick Murphys and Common. Don't ask me, all I know is the D. M. s are the ones who play the Red Sox's theme song "Shipping up to Boston"?

I like David Archuleta too. I think it should come down to the 2 Davids. That would make a great show for me to go to (DD and I will be at the final competition show). However if Brooke is in the final, or "Summer" as DH keeps calling her :dunno: I may have to campaign, bring signs, scream and yell a lot for whoever else is in it.

Gold fish pond

Cowpernia
04-27-2008, 06:26 PM
what does gold fish pond mean? why summer?

I want advice. There's this woman at work whom I am growing to hate. I like her before. When she started at the store, she complained (to me) that no one liked her. A wouldn't talk to her; B wouldn't look at her; C would stop talking when she came around. It included every single person. She was going through a stressful time (her dh was ill and has died since) and I put it off to that. Now, I don't work with her but three times when I've walked into the room where she is she has greeted me with stuff like "What's wrong with you? You look stressed." She does this in front of others (people she knows better than I do or customers) and it brings me down. I think I'm feeling fine. I walk into the break room to get an aspiring out of my purse and this happens. I walk into the place where I used to work with her and this happens. I can't not walk into rooms. Dear Abby, What should I do?

Kiwonk
04-27-2008, 07:33 PM
Those words just seemed to fall out of my fingers. No one knows why. DH calls this girl Summer for approximately the same reason. Or perhaps, because her name is Brooke, he is just casting about for a noun that is descriptive of her. She did wear a yellow dress with rows of ruffles or something on it one week when she sang a sunshiney song; I can't remember which one. And she's blonde.

Oh my, I had a friend like that woman when I was a kid (she was also a kid :dizzy: ). When she called and I would answer the phone, she would immediately say "what's wrong?" I can't think of too many more annoying things. My advice is to say something entirely nonsensical every time she tells you that. I would recommend: "did you know that 'stressed' spelled backwards is 'desserts'". If this doesn't stop her after 2 or 3 times, I can't imagine what would.

Also it might make YOU laugh, which will at least make the whole thing less annoying, right? :lol:

I am printing online coupons. It's stupid and boring.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
04-27-2008, 07:49 PM
Not all stores take printed coupons. Did you check? And if they take them, they limit how much the coupon can be worth. I know so much.

Thanks for the advice. Last time she did it, I said "why do I look stressed?" She seemed stumped. I said "is it the lines around my eyes or what?" "Ah, yes," she said. "Ok," I said, "I'll go fix my eyes." But it was embarrassing because there two other people in the room, people I'm not acquainted with but she is, and they were watching all this. Also, I know HER well enough that I know I was talked about when I left the room. What I wanted to say was, "I was thinking the same thing about you. You look like sh*t." But I was at work and couldn't get away with it.

Kiwonk
04-28-2008, 04:23 AM
Repeat very slowly: "s-t-r-e-e-e-e-s-s-s-s-e-d" as if you are trying to remember what it means.

I do like your idea, although I suppose it might not go over well in the work environment... Sometimes when people say icky inappropriate things to me I just stare at them.

We watched 28 Weeks Later tonight. Sequel to the British zombie movie. Disgustingly bloody, very creepy. But well done! :yes:

Kiwonk
04-28-2008, 04:51 AM
She Got It!!!!!

Cowpernia
04-28-2008, 09:16 AM
Oh yay! Now what's the timeline? She's in Oman and DC both this summer? Explain.

Kiwonk
04-28-2008, 04:14 PM
No, she'll be in D.C. from early June to early August. The study abroad is for the fall, end of August I imagine. Quite a contrast from one program to the other: we have almost no information about the internship and all expenses are paid by our generous government.

The study abroad on the other hand costs a bundle and we have a bundle of info about it. Some things we know, we don't even want to know. Such as the fact that they don't use toilet paper over there. :eek: Every toilet has a sprayer attached that you use to clean yourself. What I don't understand is how you get dry, and if you don't, I'm going to worry about that, which I'd really rather not think about. Sheesh.

Well, I promised myself I'd get something done today. Does looking up toiletting habits of Omanis count as an accomplishment?

My datter will never be the same.

Oh wait, she never WAS the same! :cool:

I just roasted some peppers -- a red and a yellow one, and 2 jalepenos. My browser thinks jalepenos is spelled wrong and suggests pentecostal.

I'm going to make some salsa.

Your new boss sounds nifty, Peach. Do you think he will be fair to everyone?
Kiwi

Cowpernia
04-29-2008, 01:39 AM
I'm told that all new managers start this way: they work WITH the employees to get to know them and see what's what. Then they go sit down.

My guacamole is really spicy because I put five pentecostals in it. Yep. That works.

I watched Regis this morning and that tattooed girl was on it with her her tattoo-faced husband. They own a tattoo parlor and tattooing is their life. Her husband, with the scrolls all over his cheeks, forehead, next to eyes, does not cameras. So ... he's like shy and doesn't like attention?

A sprayer sounds green, doesn't it? No tp? Save the trees! Or .. save the water and use a Sears catalog?

Kiwonk
04-29-2008, 04:28 PM
Yeah, she was certainly an interesting contestant. Seemed like a lovely girl to me, very talented. I'm not sure American Idol was quite her bailiwick.

I suppose a sprayer is much much better for sewage systems, saves trees. Although in a desert country, wouldn't you be more concerned about water than anything else? :dunno: Apparently Omanis are very health and cleanliness conscious, and find the whole TP idea gross. Clean water is plentiful because, I believe, the government considers it a high priority. Not because it is a plentiful resource there, obviously.

Another interesting point is that when there is an event -- like a wedding or a big religious celebration day, all the women are expected to buy new clothes and get very gussied up. Oy. I've been trying to prepare DD to spend a lot of money on clothes (and accept a lot of help from us, which she doesn't like to).

It's pouring here. I did some raking yesterday, 3 tubs full, and planned to do a little more each day. Not happening today. Where do other people put the leaves et al that they rake up? I used to use a plastic tarp with handles, but the dog (Molly) ate the handles. Now I use a big red plastic tub. Doesn't hold much.

Your friend Kiwi

P.S. I finally wrote to Jet's breeder to tell her about the seizures. I feel totally sick to my stomach.

Wabby
04-30-2008, 12:12 PM
Do they use TP in DC?

My Lucas dog is feeling better. I switched his food from expensive Science Diet senior to Beneful rice and salmon. He absolutely loves it, and is finally eating well. Time will tell if his hair stops falling out. Our doggies become our surrogate children, don't they Kiwi?

I have no news to report.

Cowpernia
04-30-2008, 01:34 PM
I have a new project for Kiwi. (http://www.modelscouts.com/plus_size_models.html) Since Bagz, Sugar and Wabby are too small for this, it falls to Kiwi and me and Kiwi has that gorgeous aristocratic look with the stunning Scots hair and she will win.

My kitties eat Science Diet I/B and IAMS food for digestive problems. The vet says it'll keep kitty well longer and so I buy it. Puppies are different.

Cowpernia
04-30-2008, 09:18 PM
I have an American question but anyone can answer.How come DS won't receive a rebate check? You can't get one if someone claims you as a dependent which I did but I don't get credit for him because he's not under 18 either. So .. he's left out altogether and he had to pay over $1,000 in taxes. Which he did. By himself. I just don't see the logic.

Kiwonk
05-01-2008, 06:29 PM
I have a new project for Kiwi. (http://www.modelscouts.com/plus_size_models.html) YOU do it. I don't want to be a model, plus size or otherwise.

I have emerged a bit dazed from 2 days of dog seizures every 2 to 3 hours, including all night Tuesday and part of last night. She finally stopped having them this morning. We started her on phenobarbital yesterday, so I guess that is why they stopped. We're tired.

:faint:

Kiwi

Bagzz
05-01-2008, 09:55 PM
ohhhhhhhh poor you and poor doggie---i haven't been around lately===dd23 moved away and dd22 is coming home for the summer to work on the golf cart again---we have all been depressed all week cause dd23's friend was hit,by a cab driver,IN A CROSSWALK,on the way to dd's friend's house a week ago--he had head injuries--they had him on life support for a week and he passed away yesterday---he has a little boy----everyone is soooooooooo devastated---he was such a smart boy---he had his philosophy degree,with a fellowship scholarship to go on to graduate school in ontario----he was very excited about it----IT MAKES ME SO MAD,and so sad------------

Kiwonk
05-01-2008, 11:51 PM
Oh, that's awful. So sorry to hear it -- this wasn't the boyfriend, I take it, but a close friend? What a tragic, maddening accident.

Cowpernia
05-02-2008, 12:59 AM
That makes me very sad also. To hear how excited his was about his upcoming future and to be hit in a place that should've been safe. Was the driver drunk?

I can't be a model. No cheekbone prominents.

Wabby
05-02-2008, 05:10 AM
Oh Bagzie. Sometimes life just seems so full of sadness. I'm so sorry.

Bagzz
05-02-2008, 07:42 AM
Thanks sweet cows===mark was a friend of jo's and her friends---the saddest part is ---the friends he was on the way to visit are devastated,cause he was on the way to see them----i hate that they have to deal with that aspect of it---the driver was an ******* cab driver who was speeding and it was after dark----for some horrible reason,this little university town -Fredericton- has a reputation for pedestrian accidents---i think the streets are long and flat and not too busy,so people are speeding all around town ----------for whatever reason,as we all know here at cow central----accidents that occur suddenly and without warning make you just a little more nervous in this big,often scary,world.

Kiwonk
05-02-2008, 06:47 PM
I hope they throw him in jail. What right does a cab driver have to endanger the public? *******.

I'm having a b**ch of a time with my new dog. It really feels like having a new dog. The seizures seem to be under control, but I barely know this dog. She no longer likes to play ball, she doesn't seem to know what a toy is, she paces constantly and whines if I try to put her outside or in her pen. The only good thing is that she's not guarding anymore, therefore not growling at us over food and space (but I'd take that back in an instant if she'd act normal). I hope all this is because of the medicine, not brain damage.

Hey, if Jet does have brain damage, maybe she could be a model. That's not very nice, is it? I don't feel very nice today.

I heard from my little bro out in LA. We're going to hang out together when we get there. He has been working on a TV show. Oo, maybe he can take us onto the set, that would be cool, wouldn't it? We got a personal backstage tour of a Broadway show that time we were in NY, why not in LA?

I have to go do something with Tilapia. :chin:

Kiwi

Bagzz
05-02-2008, 10:20 PM
wow kiwonk--that is crazy about jet---do they say this will be temporary---he loved chasing those balls----we want the old happy jet back----WHAT A FREAKIN PAIN----i mean,all this time you have spent together and now you have --like you said---a new personality??? crazy indeed-----on the other topic---the stupid cab driver was originally charged with "failure to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk"----I AM HOPING THERE WILL BE AN UPGRADE TO THE CHARGES----not sure about you ,but i find cab drivers EVERYwhere to be very rude,agressive drivers.

Wabby
05-03-2008, 12:03 PM
Kiwi, you must be absolutely sick over poor Jet. I do hope this is just temporary, maybe just getting adjusted to the medication. Did your vet say there would be side effects to the meds?

DS has been working for the people I sold the business to. He quit yesterday. It was a combination of things. He said emotionally it was just too hard, too many memories. I know what he means, I can't even drive past the shop. I don't know how he's managed for as long as he did. Anyway, he has 3 interviews for monday, so keep your fingers crossed. Worry, worry, worry. It's a mother's job.

Failure to yield??? that's crazy. How about vehicular homicide? It's ok to just run ppl down?

Kiwonk
05-03-2008, 02:24 PM
I am shocked at that charge the cab driver got. That's nothing but a traffic ticket, isn't it? Surely they will charge him with something criminal? If not, let's all go up there and protest.

Yeah, I'm hoping Jet will get back to normal one of these days. Today she played ball for a little while, brought it back to me several times, so this was a really good sign. Frank thinks she's terrified to let me out of her sight, and he may be right. She's lying by my feet right now. But earlier when I went in the bathroom (and dared to shut the door on her) she whined and then ran upstairs to the bedroom. When I make her stay in her pen and leave the room, she whines incessantly. I guess she might be afraid of having another seizure, I don't know. She's been awfully good with her pills, no spitting them out yet the way Molly always did. The only side effects they told me about were a bit of sedative effect, plus extra hunger and thirst and more peeing. That last is not happening, which makes me wonder a bit. I'm thinking one of two things: either the seizures did something to her brain and some of it will come back, and some of it can be retrained. Or it's the meds and it will abate somewhat as she gets used to it.

Well, my car is going to Portland today and I get to drive a snappy little red car for a week. I have to go vacuum out the Explorer so I don't feel guilty when DD's bf brings it back sparkling clean.

Hope you DS has good luck on the job front, Wab. I'm sure he'd be an asset to any company.

Where's Sugar been?

Later
Kiwi

Wabby
05-04-2008, 11:15 AM
DS is definitely more employable than his mother, and he can make way more money too. How did that happen?

Kiwi, I have to give both my dogs their meds every day. Lucas, my sock retriever is on benedryl for his itchy skin. He takes his pill and you have to be careful or he'll take your hand along with it. He just gets so excited about food, he's not a gentleman at all. Now my Dotty dog is a different story. I have to hide her pill in a hot dog, and sometimes she still will spit it out. Then I have to do the wrestle her to the ground and stuff the pill down the back of her throat routine. Aaaah. I don't know what I'd do without these two. They're not very good at conversation, but I always have a big welcome home.

I went to the huge outdoor garden fair yesterday and I didn't even buy one plant. I need to plant my pots on my deck and I just can't get into it. Maybe I'll get some yard work done today. It looks like it's going to be a sunny, perfectly warm day. What we live for in the gray winter around here.

I hope the sun is shining down on the rest of the herd today too.

Bagzz
05-04-2008, 01:01 PM
YES!! WHERE IS SUGARPOTPIE???---i was trying to find some rhubarb today to make a pie---it's only up a bit---needs another week----the whole province is FLOODING right now---so is Quebec and MAine!!!---i guess the fiddleheads will be late!----needless to say darling Wabby---your boy will have to get a good job---like kiki said---HE IS YOURRRRRRRRR BOY!!!---and there is a good chance JET is adjusting to meds--that makes sense doesn't it----can you get on any good vet sites or message boards on the subject?? i am sure you are up on that miss k!!!!-----on the other subject of the jerk,idiot taxi driver who reportedly jumped out of the car and hollered "IT'S NOT MY FAULT" after her ran Mark down,they say he may be 'recharged' ----he had better be.--------------------one more thing---wabby!! my sister made new curtains this week--she is a beautiful seamstress and she said she has never felt like sewing for a long time----i think she would get what you mean about the gardening---some things just lose their lustre=---but the 'good' or 'okay' news is ,the desire to do this and that Gradually comes back. my friend whose husband had the heart attack before christmas had a thank you party last sunday that margo and i went to----she said she is just now coming out of the fog of unreality----{ insert appropriate swear word}

Kiwonk
05-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Jet is getting better -- played ball this morning for 10 or 15 minutes! Yay! I guess you're right, Bagz, she is getting accustomed to the meds. Perhaps she will get less weird every day.

need to plant my pots on my deck and I just can't get into it.she said she is just now coming out of the fog of unrealityI feel like I've been in a fog for years. I can certainly sympathize with that lack of enthusiasm.

Our weather has turned, back to typical cool wet spring weather. Not too horrible, but not very inspiring. I spent a couple of hours yesterday vacuuming my SUV. Never can do anything halfway, had to wear myself out vacuuming every nook and cranny. Oh well, it looked very nice. Now I need to apply that perfectionism to something inside the house. Anything, really. This place is such a mess, it's impossible. No, I shouldn't say that. It's a challenge. Yeah, a challenge. I'm going to think of DD having her exam week and projects due and try to match her, maybe I'll have accomplished something by the time she comes home Friday ( :carrot: )

Maybe I'll write lists :devil:

SugP
05-05-2008, 04:04 AM
I feel like I've been in a fog for years. I can certainly sympathize with that lack of enthusiasm.

WORD! I'm just stuck in the same routine, day in, day out. And then I think OMG, OMG, ds is going to Outward Bound in June and needs 14 pairs of underpants and thousand t-shirts and size 13 hiking boots and ten days after he gets back we're leaving on holiday and I have NOTHING to wear because all my shorts are TOO tight.

But do I do anything about it. Nope, nope, nope.
Kiwi - So sorry that Jet is still having seizures. Hopefully the meds will help her in the long run.

Peachy - Yes, I am horizontally challenged, but definitely *not* small. Not fair about ds's non-refund. That can't be right.

Wabs - Probably better that ds got out of there. He sound like a clever young man and he'll make his way just fine. :hug:

Bagzie - How tragic! I'm so sorry about Jo's friend. Stuff like that should not happen.

Our ruhabard is UP and I'm going to make stuff with it. Strawberries are just starting and the apple tree is bloomin'. We spent the whole weekend outside digging around in the dirt. I am still fat.

Bagzz
05-05-2008, 10:44 AM
fat is a state of mind----------------hahaha----kiwi---sometimes i try and channel martha stewart--i know three people who are just like her here in town-i swear they treat every day like a marathon of activities that must be accomplished---in one day they do more than i do all week----fortunately i live with a bunch of SUPER LAZY INDIVIDUALS,so i appear to be fairly industrious---but yesterday i spent at least an hour watching david cook videos on youtube and THEN I WENT TO SEE EVITA AT THE IMPERIAL THEATRE ---IT WAS FANTASTIC!@!!!---- so now i must try to channel one of my friends cause i cannot bear to channel that swindler MARTHA!!!---if that old bag Lee were here,i would channel her.

Wabby
05-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Maybe DS could be the next food network star. He brought me a container of his "Mad Dog Rico's Hot and Bothered Salsa" yesterday. Fire roasted tomatoes and peppers. It was wonderful, all smokey tasting and yummy. I think he gets as big a kick out of naming his recipes as he does making them.

I'm so sore today. I had to rake the entire far back lawn area (yes, I have 2 huge back yards) b/c I'd let it get too long to use the grass catcher on. I have a completely new appreciation for DH's lawn care ability. I haven't limed or fertilized or put moss out down. I now understand why stuff left laying in the grass is so irritating, and why all those curvey borders I love are a pain to mow around. This place is just way too big for one person to take care of.

I worked on painting my adirondack chairs yesterday. I accomplished primering one chair. I have 3 more to go, plus the top coat on all of them. I should be finished by about October.

When you cows start making your rhubarb goodies I'll give you my recipe for the most delicious cake ever. It has a white cake base w/ rhubarb and cream stuff baked on top. OMG..... oh, you say this is a weight loss forum???

Time to go take some Advil and try to move these old muscles. This is what I get for being a sloth.

Wabby
05-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Bagzie, you can't fool us. We've seen pictures of your house all decorated up at Christmas. You are my domestic idol.

Kiwonk
05-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Men fart and belch too much.

Just an observation.

That's adorable about your DS's salsa, Wab.

Where is Cowp and why is she avoiding us?

Hi Sug -- I read all about your backyard digging. Sounds (and looks) uber-ambitious. My DH's idea of doing something in the yard consists of cutting things down and leaving them there.

Yeah, Bagz does pretty well for a Messie, huh?

Bagzz
05-05-2008, 03:59 PM
THANKS YOU COWPIES!! I WILL NOT LET YOU SEE THE MESSES THAT ARE NOW BEING CREATED BY MOVING HOME FOR THE SUMMER CROWD---IT WOULD BE UPSETTING---ONE IS BRINGING HOME A PET RAT,ONE A PET CAT---WONDER WHO MIGHT LOSE OUT ON THAT DEAL??? OF COURSE WE ALREADY HAVE TWO CATS--SO THAT MAKES THREE CATS AND A RAT----on another totally upsetting note---dd24 has decided that she needs to break up with her DL {anyone remember what that stands for} let me tell you ,it is sooooooooo upsetting when these girls break up with their boyfriends--the WHOLE FAMILY feels terrible---you get so attached to them---so the poor thing moved over here and now it's over----i DO NOT MISS THOSE YEARS,of course i don't miss them MYSELF but i HATE REVISITING THEM AGAIN!!! i feel so sad for him===here all alone with this to deal with--i am sure he will just go home,but it's very sad---and of course i support my daughter and her reasons,BUT IT'S STILL DEPRESSING---- i sometimes wonder why i thought i should have any kids----just a thought!

Bagzz
05-05-2008, 04:04 PM
i should go and walk on that lonely beach path---i can't stand how involved i get in these situations----i forgot to say that i will take three jars of salsa----wabby---get your boy to start a company!!! i love hot salsa!

Kiwonk
05-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Oh, how sad about DD24's breakup. I can imagine how rotten you must feel -- I get way too attached too. Scary, isn't it? I can't decide which would upset me more, DD and bf breaking up or getting married :lol:

I cleaned up a little in the kitchen. Let me reach around and pat my back. Now I'm back here.

I was very excited: DH put on some work boots and started striding around the yard; put out my adirondack chairs (my sympathies on your painting, Wab, those 2 chairs took me hours upon hours last year). Then he came inside, grabbed a book and went out and sat in them for an hour. :rolleyes:

I need a new avatar pic. I'm a little tired of toilet-cat. Let's see what I can find.

Kiwonk
05-05-2008, 07:01 PM
I just want to say that I looked at the temperature in Oman a minute ago, and it's 100 degrees. And it's night-time!!! Glad I'm not going there. I got sweaty vacuuming the kitchen earlier.

Wabby
05-06-2008, 01:02 AM
I got chair #2 almost primered. I need to turn it upside down to get a few more spots. I made 3 bibs and burp cloths for my Grandson to be ---- only 8 more weeks and he'll be ready to pop out of the oven........ and I picked up step Grandson at kindergarten. Then we went to the grocery store and he asked if I'd take him to the Goodwill to buy a toy....... he said he had $2 and you could get a neat toy at Goodwill for 2 bucks..... he bought a toy boat and we went home and filled up the sandbox thingie (that I keep forgetting to buy sand for) with water. He played with his boat, but mostly he squirted anything and everything with water. Then he helped me primer coat his rocking chair. He wanted a rocking chair like Kaydy has and I found another one on Craig's list for him. I'm going to paint it up all Mary Engelbrietish and put his name on it like Kaydy's has. Although I told him I wouldn't paint daisys on his b/c he thought flowers were too girly......... and that was my day.

Bagz, I'm sorry to hear about the breakup and I totally sympathize w/ you about getting attached........ in my case, it was the loss of Kayden's intact home that broke my heart. The ex DIL was so horrible not only to DS, but to me that I didn't even feel like I knew the girl. We're cordial to each other now, but we'll never be friends. I feel terrible about that, but I can't change it.

I never knew fat was a state of mind....... I thought it's whats bulging over my waistband. Muffin top strikes again.

Kiwonk
05-06-2008, 02:51 PM
What a delightful way to spend the day! Your step-GS sounds adorable. I think you should paint frogs and snakes on his chair :s: With a few bees and ladybugs. Well, maybe turtles instead of snakes.

My brother and I had little chairs made for us by my grandmother when we were teeny tiny. Mine is a rocking chair (I still have it; DD used it a long time), his was a little captain's chair. They were painted black with gold decorations in the style of those old tole painted trays you used to see.

Speaking of Muffins, I wonder if Muffy still drops in and reads our posts.

Good news, it must be spring, I can hear bats in the roof! :bb: :stress: :tantrum: :mad: :bomb: :headache: :halfempty :frypan: :spammer:

ta

Bagzz
05-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Yes Wabs!! I Painted A Few Rockers In My Time As Well--i Want To Paint My Adirondack Chairs Too---i Saw Someone Had Painted Some Black And They Looked Very Classy So I May Go For That!!! It Looks Like A Ton Of Work---maybe I Will Prespray Them And Then Paint Them---i Actually Hate Basepainting Anything-0-i Don't Mind Decorating Them But I Hate Painting The Primer!--------------kiwonk---you Have Bats In Your Belfry!!

Wabby
05-07-2008, 02:06 AM
I think you should paint frogs and snakes on his chair
If I were a good enough artist, I would do just that. The step GS is adorable, and definitely a boy. The day I picked him up at school, his teacher told me that he'd gotten in trouble in the bathroom when he and 2 other boys got caught peeing on each other....... :dz: what's with that!!!??? What was really hilarious was listening to DS give him a talk about acting inappropriate.... DS was the king of inappropriate when he was in school!! This is my boy who got suspended in high school when he and a friend dressed up in a gorilla suit and handed out bananas on freshman orientation day. The authorities had no sense of humor.

Bagzie, if my chairs were in good enough shape I might try painting them black too. Unfortunately, I think this will probably be the last paint job on these chairs. I leave them out all winter and the rain is starting to get the best of them. Black chairs w/ bright colored cushions would look cool. I think mine are going to be bright white this year. I know, kinda boring, but I already have the paint.

Kiwi, what have you got against bats? I can hear baby birds chirping in my bathroom. I think their nest is somewhere inside the roof.

Kiwonk
05-07-2008, 03:34 PM
What was really hilarious was listening to DS give him a talk about acting inappropriate.:lol: that's a hoot, how rewarding for you! :D

Kiwi, what have you got against bats? ~shudder~ don't get me started!!! You mean, besides the bat poop all over our outside walls and dripping out of the eaves, and the scritchy noises in the ceiling, and ones who get confused and make their way into the house and terrorize me? Why, nothing! Lovely little things!

Bagzz
05-08-2008, 06:11 PM
i forgot to mention that the OY pic of kiwonk is quite fetching!!! imagine not commenting on such a lovely grad pic!!! congratulations on graduating from ---uh oh!! i forget where you are graduating from ???? do tell!!peachers ---SPEAK UP!

Kiwonk
05-09-2008, 03:09 PM
i forgot to mention that the OY pic of kiwonk is quite fetching!!! imagine not commenting on such a lovely grad pic!!! congratulations on graduating from ---uh oh!! i forget where you are graduating from ???? Um, Clown College?

Don't worry I'll change it soon...

Kiwonk
05-09-2008, 06:24 PM
Have you ever noticed how people have split up into groups here in Misc. Clubs? We are variously:

Bovine
Short
Childish
Getting Married
Floozies
Reluctant to Exercise
Sexy
Riding a Motorcycle
Health Care Workers
Fans of the 70s
Short AND Sweet
Royal
Crafty
Bikini-Ready

Discuss

Bagzz
05-09-2008, 08:14 PM
who the **** is bikini ready??? discuss that!!

Kiwonk
05-10-2008, 04:27 AM
I'll believe it when I see it.

My kiddo's home!!! She cut over a foot off her hair. It's still long. She and BF showed up both wearing Dropkick Murphys t-shirts and bearing a lovely flower for me.

:D

Kiwonk
05-10-2008, 11:50 PM
:val3: Happy Mother's Day :val3:
to all you fantastic :queen: Moms!
:sunny:

Bagzz
05-11-2008, 12:44 AM
Is That You Kiwonkers>????you Are Soooooooo Adorable---happy Mom's Day To You And Where The **** Are Peachpot,wabbs And Sugar????

Cowpernia
05-11-2008, 09:32 AM
That beautiful child is Kiwi???? I can see the impishness there but the hair is blonde?

I don't know anyone who is bikini-ready. I never was. My cat isn't. Of course, when the bikini was first thrust upon the fashion world, we were rounder people and I was a stick then.

Ds has been home for a week or two. He's just the same. I'm just the same.

Hey. I just clicked on that thumbnail and MY CAR is in the picture behind Baby Kiwi. Kiwi's mom looks like Kiwidd.

Wabby
05-11-2008, 01:03 PM
Happy Mom's Day!!
I hope everyone's day is wonderful. I've got a couple quiches in the oven to take to my mom's for brunch, then this evening DS has invited me over for dinner....... another 5 pounds .......... oh dearie me.

Kiwi, I love your picture. It's so 60's.

Bagzz
05-11-2008, 02:13 PM
I love the pic of kiwi dd in the avatar too----very attractive american girls---just like the dolls!!!----i am having a good mothers day for ONE REASON!!!--- I said i didn't want any gifts BUT i must be able to boss everyone around all day and have them do my bidding WITH A SMILE!!!-=-- so far i have had some furniture moved,the garbage and compost taken out and forced a visit to the mil without complaints=----now i want some tax work looked after-----it's too cold to garden---ITS REALLY WINDY AND COOL ---I HATE IT!

Kiwonk
05-11-2008, 09:17 PM
:lol: Yep, the pic of me with my mom and stepdad -- that's me, the avatar is DD -- you know she's always had more of the imp in her than I did! But, yes, our hair was about the same color at that age. I might have even been blonder.

Glad everyone is having a lovely mother's day. We went to the SIL's house. DD came with us, but the BF spent the day with his family (believe me, it's unusual for them to be apart). I ate too much. I brought Jet along and she was very good. Played off leash in the yard; didn't chase any cars. Good puppy.

Well, DH has gone out of town to interview for a job. They are putting him up in a hotel tonight and have a whole schedule of meetings for him tomorrow. Sounds good, right? Truth: I don't know why he's going, he keeps saying he doesn't want the job. :rolleyes: Maybe they'll change his mind, it would be great. We'd have to move. Gee whiz I'd have to give up my bat infested, leaking house. Boo hoo.

I'm not holding my breath.

Cowpernia
05-11-2008, 09:58 PM
What town is this job in? Is it near me? You look pretty impish with that cross-legged stance.

I have slept most all day. This medication stuff makes me that way. I dunno what to do about it. Oh, to have health insurance. Also, I must be at work at 6:30 am and must get ds out of bed to go with me and THAT makes me sleepy now. So difficult. What if I sleep through. What if ds won't budge. He goes to work at 8:00 and can stay in the car til he has to come inside. What if won't wake up in the car on time?

I hope the dh takes the job and moves Kiwi and Jet to a nice yard elsewhere. Then Wabby, who likes bats, can buy in there. DS likes bats also. He took my digital camera to school with me and only took pictures of bat houses. No bats posed though.

Kiwonk
05-13-2008, 02:35 PM
Peachie, Did you find out any more about DS's rebate check? Around here everyone seems to think that the college kids will be receiving $300; even if they are claimed by parents. I'm not sure.

I raked yesterday. It is what passes for exercise for me lately. Blah.

Sorry to tell you the interview was not for a job near you, Peachie. That would certainly solve the housing issue; we would move in with you. Wouldn't you love that? Anyway, he doesn't think he'll be offered the job.

DD is back to work at the moose place for the month that she's home. She spent all day yesterday cleaning out and working in their flower beds. She seems to enjoy it. I wonder if I could somehow persuade her to plant some flowers here. Too much to ask? :chin:

ta

Cowpernia
05-13-2008, 03:00 PM
If you call the IRS and punch the buttons corresponding to the choices you're given, you can get to something about "am i eligible" and it says "nope, if you're claimed by someone else, you're not." Seems extremely unfair. My kid paid taxes.

I did a bunch of kicking and punching with Billy Blanks today. He's very cute. It someone bothers me that Billy Blanks Jr is also doing exercise videos.

I don't watch Jay Leno but I would still like the option.

Kiwonk
05-13-2008, 06:57 PM
Me either?

So who is it that is getting these $300 checks? I thought they were for dependents. We're not getting anything because we have no earned income between us, how pitiful is that?

What are you taking that is taking it out of you? Perhaps you told us before, but I am too lazy to think.

I took the darggie for a walk. She was happy. DD worked again today. I am doing laundry and have a beef stew in the crockpot. It's sort of warm around here today.

Man, I'm interesting.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
05-14-2008, 09:11 AM
I don't think there are $300 checks. I think that people with kids under 18 get $300 tacked onto their own checks.

Beta blockers.

You both went the whole year without a boss? Wow!! Impressive. That's better than a rebate.

I really wish I had a life. I think "if I could afford gas, I would go somewhere and do something" but gas used to be cheaper and I didn't.

Wabby
05-14-2008, 01:24 PM
I don't have my own life, but I keep getting involved in other people's. My niece has moved in with me. I'm thinking it will probably be long term. She is a recovering alcoholic who had been sober for several years, but she recently relapsed and lost her boyfriend, who she lived with, her children, who are now living with other family members, and her job. She's in an outpatient chemical dependancy and mental health counseling program, and is working very hard on her life. Please don't roll your eyes like that........... what can I do, she's my niece and she's attempted suicide and just been in the mental hospital for several weeks. There are good reasons why her mom (my sister) can't live with her, and I'm hoping that this will work out for us........... so wish me luck.

Someone needs to start a new thread (someone who's witty, who's not me). It's not April anymore.

Yesterday we had record low temps in the 50's, and by friday we're supposed to have record high temps, possibly in the upper 80's....... so I'll be going from freezing to miserably hot.... why can't we have some lovely spring days????

Kiwonk
05-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Hey I wasn't rolling my eyes -- that's my sympathetic expression! You are so caring and generous. Good luck; I hope it works out well and doesn't become a "problem". Does she have a job?

I guess you're right about the $300, Peach, our kids are too old. What a concept -- our kids are too old! Anyway, I think it's unfair -- who is more likely to dump it right back into the economy -- middle aged people or 20 year olds?

I was interviewed by phone by a reporter at one of the local papers. :lol: My ridiculous answers will be hacked aparted, edited, and published with extra typos in the next week or two. Probably would make sense if it went into next week's paper, because it comes out on Monday. The show is on Tuesday, and naturally everyone in town will want to tune in and watch DD and me when we hold up our sign that says :chin: "Frozen Tootsies ♥ Simon". Wouldn't that be hilarious if it really did say that? Might actually get on TV! The people from this town would be completely confused.

Cowpernia
05-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Wabby, it's not June either and May is half gone. What to do?? I think it's good that the niece is with you. I want a niece with me. Kiwi and her dh were going to move in if he got the right job but that's been delayed.

Maybe the irs doesn't want the money wasted on college textbooks.

SugP
05-15-2008, 03:42 AM
Helloooo, dollies! Wow, I can't even keep up with all the excitement lately. NOTHING happening here.

Hey, I'm not depressed, just dysfunctional.

My life in a nutshell:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

My mother FINALLY had her back operation and will be coming out of hospital this week, I hope. Yay. That means she'll be back (ha ha) to her normal self when we get there in ONLY 8 WEEKS TIME. (I feel like shouting today). I need to pack. No clothes. Nothing fits.

Gawd, yesterday we had to go to a parents' meeting about the Outward Bound thingie for Ds15's class and I tell ya, Germans take 5 times longer than normal people to discuss things and at the end you still don't know where you're at. There was an information thing way back in September that we somehow missed and when I asked again last night if the kids really could rent stuff like hiking boots and sleeping bags this one mother (the one who apparently knows EVERYTHING) turned right around and bellowed in my face "This was discussed at the other meeting!!" Geez, could you yell a little louder? I don't think I caught that. Witch. Some of these parents totally intimidate me. This whole country intimidates me, actually. Bleh.

ds12 got braces on Tuesday. We were informed that our health insurance would cover it - they pay 90%, we pay 20% and get that back too when the treatment is over. Pretty good deal. Last Thursday the orthodontist suddenly tells us that only part of the treatment was approved and that we would have to shell out EUR 600 for the rest. Still not a bad deal considering that a lot of people in other countries have to pay for orthodontic stuff out of pocket, but we pay high health insurance premiums every month and weren't expecting this. Dh is cranky about it and is marching down there today to discuss. It is futile, but he doesn't know it yet. Oh well.

Oh yeah, and we successfully bid on something at eBay, transferred the money right away and were then told by the seller that the item wasn't available after all and that he would transfer the money back. This was on April 24. No money yet and seller seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth. Someone else just gave him a negative rating for doing exactly the same thing on the same auction (he said he had four of the same item) so he's going to be in big trouble if we can ever get in touch with him again. No answer to three e mails and we had to fill out that "item not received" form at e Bay. I guess if he really needs our EUR 32 that badly he can keep it. Hmph.

Shall I whine some more? No, I think not. We have BEAUTIFUL weather and the four-day weekend (Pentecost/Whitsun/Jalapeno Monday + Tuesday off for kids) was spent lolling about in the garden. Which is a mess. I've been concentrating so hard on getting the back garden fixed up that I totally ignored the front, which people actually see and it looks like trailer trash live there. Knee deeps weeds and dry crispy grass. Very nice. Oh wait, that was whining, wasn't it?

:hug: to all of yas!

SugP
05-15-2008, 03:45 AM
P.S. I totally believe that elephant poop story although I don't think it was in the news here.

Wabby
05-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Sugar, this is the place to whine. I love it. It makes me feel like I'm not alone in this struggle called life. I don't know if I could survive in a country like Germany where ppl are, shall we say, straight forward. I guess you just have to learn to yell back at ppl and say "well excuuuuuussssse me! I still need an answer to where you can rent this sh*t!!!!!!", but I know you're a polite Canadian and that wouldn't happen...... and I'm glad it wouldn't.

Did I mention that DS has a new job? He loves it.

Kiwonk
05-15-2008, 04:19 PM
Wabby! So glad DS got himself a good job. That's great!

ONLY 8 WEEKS TIME. (I feel like shouting today). I need to pack. No clothes. Nothing fits.Eek -- I'm going to sunny California in, um let me count, 4 days -- and I haven't even looked at clothes yet. And I know I'm going to have a devil of a time finding sandals. Heck, I can't even really remember what I was wearing last summer. Oh yeah, I got a new pair of water sandals, that won't do at all. I'm going to the Big City on Saturday so DD can get her vaccinations (Typhoid and Hepatitis A :eek: ), so maybe I'll look for a new pair of shoes. I think I need a summery pair of clogs for the airplane. It's 83 degrees in LA today. Gotta dig out my shorts. Oh boy oh boy.

Oh yeah, Bagz -- IT'S DAVID VS DAVID!!!!!!!!!! :carrot:

KIWI

Cowpernia
05-16-2008, 01:25 AM
I am so jealous that I can't see Kiwi on the tv. I bet she steals the show. Very very upset.

Very glad ds got the job, too.

Wabby
05-16-2008, 02:42 AM
I can't wait to see you and DD on AI, Kiwi. You deserve a break from the cold.

We went from winter to summer in one day here. It was miserably hot today, and its supposed to be hotter tomorrow. I've promised my sis I'd help with her garage sale tomorrow. Why did I do that?

g'nite, cowsies.

Kiwonk
05-17-2008, 12:42 AM
Oh geez, my sympathies, Wab, I hate helping people with their yard sales. At least when you have your own, you know what you want for prices and you get to keep the money! Oh well, I'm sure she will appreciate it, and maybe you'll get a nice tan? Drink lots of water!

Peachie, maybe DH will be a sweetie and send you a dvd copy of the show. I'm sure you won't be able to make out our tiny faces in the crowd anyway. Well, unless the cameras catch sight of that Frozen Tootsies sign. ;)

We have gone from summer back to spring. It's not bad though. I could live with daytime temps around 65 with lots of sunshine, and 55 at night.

My bro in LA says he might take us out on his boat. I have no idea what kind of boat he has. :chin: When he was a kid he refurbished a little wooden boat in his backyard. Hope it's not that. :lol:

When he was a teenager, he had a job on Malcolm Forbes' yacht (http://www.forbeshighlander.com/history.html) - one of these (http://www.forbeshighlander.com/images/history/highlander_models.jpg). That's more like it.

And when he was in his 30s he made a living scraping barnacles off other people's boats.

We had our first bbq of the season tonight. Marinated chicken legs -- charred to a lovely black over the fireplace -- but very tasty! With grilled grape tomatoes and fiddleheads. Which turned out to be a weird combination -- the tomatoes were good, but so tart you almost couldn't eat more than a couple, and the fiddleheads were pretty good but a bit tough (overdone). Better just steamed.

I got my hair cut today! Only about 4 or 5 inches off. I'm sure it looks the same for the most part.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
05-17-2008, 01:39 AM
Hi Kiwi. Of course you'll be on tv. You're beautiful. What else will you do in LA???

I'm sending you an email that someone else sent me that tells secrets of using cell phones. I figure that you'll know if this stuff is true or not and we can share it if so. Sounds fishy but I dunno.

Wabby
05-17-2008, 10:16 AM
Day one of the hottest garage sale of the century. It was 97 degrees yesterday and no one was interested in going to garage sales in that heat. I think we sold a total of about $60, and $35 of that was a bike that my sister sold for a friend. A friend who didn't sit out in the heat all day. Now today, my sister has to chair an AA meeting in the morning, so I have to babysit the garage sale from 9 am to noon. I'm not sure how I got involved in this. At least today the temps should only be in the lower 90's. :flame:

I went to see Ironman yesterday, just because there was nothing else playing that I was interested in. It was actually a good, although totally fictional movie. DH would have loved it.

The sun just peeked over the horizon. It's amazing how much dust you see when the sun shines. If I lived in a sunny location I'd probably drive myself crazy with cleaning. Thank goodness I live in graysville so I can be my own slobby self and ignore dust for months.

My poor doggie is still covered with sores from his food allergy. I'm trying a new dog food today and a cold tar shampoo that's supposed to help. The poor boy.... I had to have him shaved down and he looks like a lawn mower ran over him. It breaks my heart... he's always had a beautiful, thick, shiny coat. Now he's old and crippled up and looks terrible. Kinda like me.

Wabby
05-17-2008, 10:18 AM
OK, I just realized I'm doing that bad self talk --- I'm really not all that old, or slobby or crippled. I gotta work on the positive affirmations........... lets all work on our positive affirmations today.

SugP
05-17-2008, 06:41 PM
lets all work on our positive affirmations today.

OK, y'all are fabulously beautiful and beautifully fabulous. :carrot:

We took the kids clothes shopping today. All my money is gone. Things are too expensive. We can't afford to eat any more and gas is up to over $8.00 U.S. a gallon! Sheesh. Good thing I hate driving so much.

Wonderful news about ds's new job, Wabs! Same line of work or something completely different for him this time?

Wabby
05-18-2008, 03:35 AM
DS is doing the same job, just different employer. He was working for the ppl who bought our business, but it was too hard to constantly deal w/ everyone who knew his dad, and constantly being asked how I was doing, etc, etc.

Another day w/ temps in the mid 90's........... way to hot for me.

Cowpernia
05-18-2008, 09:05 AM
I relate entirely. I once had a boyfriend I loved SO MUCH. We went to church and other places together. When we broke up, I kept going to church and people came up to me all the time with sympathetic looks to say, "How's George? I think about him a lot." Well, so did I!! They never asked me how I was doing or how I felt about being reminded repeatedly of someone I'd lost. Where I work now, there's an annoying insincere guy would daily greet me with "How's ds?" He finally stopped when I started answering, "I don't know how he is. How come you never ask me how I am?" This guy has a physical affliction and works as a bagger. Asking about one's children is one way he encourages tips from the customers.

90s is too hot for me, too.

Anybody have a clue what that mother was thinking when she sent cruel emails to that neighbor girl who killed herself? Had the girl done something to her or her kids? I'm just drawing a blank thinking that a grown woman could do such a thing.

Kiwonk
05-18-2008, 03:43 PM
What else will you do in LA???
I don't really know yet! I have to talk to my brother this afternoon, he may have some suggestions.

I went to see Ironman yesterday---It was...totally fictional WHAT! It's fictional? Just kidding :lol: I've heard it's pretty good for a superhero movie.

I feel so bad for your doggie. My old dog Molly had an awful lot of allergies that resulted in sores. I tried so many remedies, it was ridiculous. The worst culprit was an antibiotic she got for a urinary infection -- the reaction to that stayed with her for the rest of her life. I used to try apple cider vinegar dabbed on, among other things.

We took the kids clothes shopping today. All my money is gone. Things are too expensive. We can't afford to eat any more and gas is up to over $8.00 U.S. a gallon!~shudder~ Horrors. I can identify -- we spent yesterday driving too far to buy tons of clothes, shoes and books. I needed stuff for L.A., DD needed stuff for Oman, and books for over the summer to prepare for the study abroad. We're going through the cash like crazy :yikes:

Asking about one's children is one way he encourages tips from the customers. I have not been to a grocery store that allowed tips in decades. I didn't even know they still existed -- is it a Florida thing? Maybe I just haven't been paying attention. I know Hannaford doesn't allow tips, I would have thought all the chains were about the same.

I'm in that mode where I have so much to do that I'm just wasting time on unimportant things. HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Wabby
05-19-2008, 10:47 AM
I hope you weren't suggesting that checking in with the herd is on the unimportant list, Kiwi....... of course not, we know we're the center of the universe here.

If I were going to LA, I'd go to Disneyland and other than that, I don't know. I think you should make a little side trip to Oregon. Please tell Simon Cowell to stop parting his hair in the middle. It looks silly.

Kiwonk
05-20-2008, 03:19 AM
I hope you weren't suggesting that checking in with the herd is on the unimportant list, Kiwi....... of course not, we know we're the center of the universe here. Well, of course not. I meant dopy things like folding laundry that is not mine mine mine.

I am now using DD's puter at the lovely hotel. We have been hanging around with my brother who has shown us a beautiful place I am too tired to name, and his sailboat, and we have eaten expensive food and drunk expensive beverages. I am drawing the line at using the minibar. $21 for a tiny split of wine. Same brand you can buy a liter of for 15. I am cheap even on vacation. DD is having a lovely time using the nice bathtub and plush bathrobe.

I will be collapsing soon. Tomorrow we plan to swim in the pool, eat chocolate waffles or something, check out the Nokia theater, go to the show and who knows what then? Maybe David and David will ask us to go out to the dinner with them. Especially after they see our moose posters. Which we haven't made yet.

Oy I'm exhausted. Later, gators
Kiwi

Wabby
05-20-2008, 11:28 AM
Mini bars are for only for amusement of ppl like me who like to dig through it all and be shocked and amazed at the prices, then put it all back and threaten everyone with me not to eat or drink anything from it, even in the event of major disaster or the end of the world.

I'll be watching you tonight.

It's gone from being 96 degrees and scorching hot here to rainy and 30 degrees cooler. I can't decide which I hate the most. The heat exhausts me and the rain depresses me.

Kiwonk
05-21-2008, 04:44 AM
Hi Kids! Did you see me on TV? (Hint: the answer will be the same whether you watched or not) we had a great time. It was very interesting to see the behind the scenes stuff going on before and during the show. The Davids were fabulous. We were a long way from the stage, but there were big screens to watch closeups.

Afterward we stuck around for a while and got some pictures of some of the earlier contestants who were doing interviews. Then we did some crazy dining. My brother couldn't do anything with us this evening, so we came up with this idea: "Dessert Dinner" (http://www.patinagroup.com/cgi-bin/menu.cgi?url=http://www.patinagroup.com/menu/patina/dessertDinner.swf&LinkName=Patina) at Patina (http://www.patinagroup.com/patina/) at the Walt Disney Concert Hall in downtown LA. It was an experience. After we each had our plate of dessert, they brought us a little plate of goodies -- dessert dessert!! What a concept. Of course after that we figured we'd be starving later so we stopped at a pasta restaurant and stuffed ourselves before going back to the hotel. It was an excellent way to indulge.

Tomorrow I think we'll go to the beach.

Kiwi

Bagzz
05-21-2008, 11:46 AM
kiwi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am soooooooooooo excited for you!!! and JEALOUS of course!!! i want to see pics!!! put some on facebook!!!----this is graduation week for two of the dd's so i have been busyyyyyyyyyyyy but hope to get back here soon!!! i miss my cowgirls!!!!-------------see you sooooooooooooooon!!!!

Wabby
05-21-2008, 12:06 PM
Yes. I saw you, Kiwi & Kiwiette. Sure. You bet I saw you. Uh-huh. That's the ticket........ actually I didn't, but it was fun just to be looking for you. The Davids were both fabulous, weren't they? Eat dessert first. That looks like my kind of dinner.

Bagzie, tell the gals congrats. I can't believe its time to graduate already. Where does time go? Next you'll tell me DS is in hi-skool. :dizzy: I always remember you taking him in his stroller to Tim Horton's. Do you think we all have the longest internet friendship ever? I think Oprah should fly us all to Chicago and feature us on her show. Then Lush will be sorry she left us.

Cowpernia
05-21-2008, 07:04 PM
I didn't see the show so I didn't see Kiwi and the -ette but I know it was a better show because they were there.

I'm ready to fly to Chicago. Let me know.

Bagzz
05-22-2008, 10:45 PM
yes wabby!!!! dd IS going to highschool this september!!! isn't that unbelievable!!! i am in the denver airport---our flight was delayed and now we may miss our connecting flight--i am &*%$*$* off--------- we went to one highschool graduation in Denver today and we are supposed to be at a university grad tomorrow!!! dd22 graduated suma cume laude ----so she will not be impressed if we do not get there by tomorrow!!!!