Weight Loss Support - Christian Encouragers#137

View Full Version : Christian Encouragers#137

sami
03-02-2002, 09:07 AM
Welcome to Christian Encouragers!
This is a wonderful group of Christians who will be here for you and lift you up in prayer. Everyone is welcome!

Zoe
03-02-2002, 09:32 AM
just wanted y'all to see this post from the last thread. I don't want a new addition to get lost in the shuffle. :)

Originally posted by EZMONEY
Hello ladies--I came across this site a few days ago looking for a low fat recipe. I am new at this computer stuff [just learned how to e-mail a couple of weeks ago---so I could talk to my daughter away at college] Anyway I saw the BBBB thread and sent a note there, I have tried to get through to your group several times but I always mess it up. Then I have to wait for my wife or son to help me out. I will fill you guys in with details of my life later but for now just letting you know that I will be praying for your success!!! IN CHRIST

sami
03-02-2002, 09:41 AM
Blessing to all,
Sorry I have been away for a few days. I worked 7 days before I had a day off and my day off was spent running from here to there and I didn't get home until after 9:30pm! The great thing is I wasn't eating! Thank you for all the prayers on my legs. I have to go for more testing. I have no feeling in an area on my lower left calf. And he thinks my back has gotten worse. And my legs are show muscle weakness. I will now take 2 aleave twice a day. (he was going to write another script for celebrex which cost $50 and doesn't work as well as aleave!)
the side affect of taking the meds is the are hard on my tummy and I can't eat much because it hurts!

Ez money-Welcome we are looking forward to getting to know you.

Bethanne-Wow what a great weak. I know you are going to make your goal! I am so happy for you!

Zoe-I am here for you! Just remember one meal at a time. Also I know for me I have to slowly cut my bad habits out one by one. I can't just start a diet or the withdraw is to much. So I start by bringing my lunch unstead of eating out. Then the next week I cut out sugar snacks but still had a treat at dinner ect... If I go cold trukey I fail! I hope this helps.

Dee-Is your daughter in Basketball? Were all in the same struggle here and we are here for you.

Ginny-Glad you enjoyed your Biblestudy. I am still praying about your Job. And God will help you with that choice.

Sherry-Thank you for praying for me. I go for some nerve tests on 3/12. I am so tired of having all this going on! I did the same with the scales I WI and then went to the dr and WI 5 more! The DR office had better fix there scales!!!!! ( I have lost 10 lbs since Jan my last visit)

Wilma-It hads gone from spring weather to freezing and snow to spring again in 5 days here! And word is it is suppose to get cold again. I hope you are enjoying your time off and with DS!

Pravda-Did you get to walk at lunch?

Monica-I know for me it seems like the scales don't move for awhile then one day BAM it will show a 3-5 loss! Don't get discouraged by the scale!

Praying that you have a OP weekend,
Sami

PeachyMom
03-02-2002, 10:54 AM
Good Saturday Morning:)

Happy Dr. Suess Birthday!

Well we started out our morning with some "Green Eggs and Ham." While I was cooking my son read the book. I didn't look, but I bet that my 13 year old daughter was rolling her eyes.
I fixed me some of the Boca sausage and some lowfat biscuits. I did manage to walk about a mile and a half yesterday. But this morning it is raining...YUCK! I might try to go to the mall and walk some. But I always get in trouble there....always have to do a wee bit of shopping....LOL...
I did weigh Friday and the little needle finnaly moved...I lost 2 lbs. this week. YIPPIE....

Got to run....Hope you are all have a "Joy" filled Saturday!

Monica
258/218/211

BA99TJ
03-02-2002, 12:04 PM
What one of the GREATEST feelings in the world is. After being able to sleep in until 9:30 for the first time in about a month, lazing around cleaning up the house, and then taking a nice long shower, shaving my legs, doing all those things you don't have time for in the rush of the morning.. sliding on my clean, not yet worn since they've been washed (And therefore not "streched out"), favorite pair of jeans, and discovering that they are a little bit big!!! What a rush! :)

we're off to my mom's house... got tons of laundry to do, and all my "Stampin Up!" stuff arrived on thursday, so I'm going to work with Jocelyn (my step daugher) and my mom to make my sister who is in Italy lots of cards that we can send her. She's (my sister) doing really well, but I think she's starting to get homesick, so its time to remind her we love her!!! She was telling my mom on the phone this morning that on Saturday they have a big "ceremony" at lunch to pass out the mail.. Jocelyn was wondering if it was anything like Harry Potter when all the owls come flying in to drop off the mail... She got a postcard from my brother so she was very happy!!!

We're also planning to take the puppies on a walk (the puppies are really 2 "beasts", 70 lb black lab Oreo, and 120 lbs golden retreiver Pal) so it should be a good day! I'm just glad the sun is shining, and although no more weight has come off, none has come back either!! :)
Hooray!
Have a great Saturday!

TallTracy88
03-02-2002, 04:59 PM
Dear all,

I was looking through the support groups when I saw this group. Last tuesday I went to my very first bible study in I cannot tel you how long. I met this wonderful lady a work and through some conversations she thought that maybe I was looking for something. That maybe God was trying to tell me something. Well at the end of this study I was crying as i never knew what I had been missing.

You see my suster was saved last year and I have been a little um non supportive until last week. i had no idea what the it was I was searching for. And sometimes I wonder if my deep emotional need is for Christ in my life. I am going to subscribe to this thread if y'all do not mind. I am searching and I believe that HE is taking me there. Thank you. Tracy

wilma12
03-02-2002, 05:40 PM
Welcome, Welcome to Tracy and EZmoney: You will find this a great place to give and receive support.

DS got home safely last night. It's nice to be able to connect with him. DH and I are working at a Gideons banquet tonight. For me that means doing dishes for over 100 people. At least I won't be doing it alone!! I've had a pretty relaxing day so far today. I got most of my work done yesterday so all I did was a bit of baking - made Ds favorite - lemon meringue pie!

Hope you are all having a great day!! I better get off here. I'm surprised no one has come to kick me off yet. :lol:

Talk to you again soon!

Gutchie
03-02-2002, 11:30 PM
Hi Tracy and others!
Welcome, to Christian Ladies online!

I can relate to your feelings, having returned to the building now some 3yrs. ago. I hadn't left our Lord all together, but I had left the fellowship of HIS children and the knowledge gained from being in their company. Bible Study here, in our little Church of Christ congregation, always informative and uplifting.
The minute I returned to HIS building, HIS Word, I felt PEACE!!!!
Our Lord is thrilled to have Tracy, as we are to have her here on this site.
God Bless!

We're well here in Southern Ontario. The weather is actually spring like. I found Crocus up in the garden today, in Canada in March, unbelievable! The farm is alive with spring, animals acting flirty, new borns around the corner?

Wish I could say the weight loss is happening, but alas I've been so bad. Motivation girls! Nephew's wedding June 1st. has got to motivate me, real soon. Neice stopped in today, she is down 67 lbs. on WW's, we're all so proud of her, and she's made me very angry with myself. Say a prayer that Joanne can get back on track.

I wish each of you a great Lord's Day tomorrow.
Take care everyone.

Sister Joanne

chick4christ
03-03-2002, 12:15 AM
Hi, My name is Merilee and I'm a mom of two wonderful teens. I have been searching for the right site for support and I've finally found it.I have been on many diets in the past.WW,slim-fast,nutri-system, and Weigh Down.Now that one I enjoyed.That Gwen Shamblin's a great lady. But I had to get off the merry-go-round that I was on. I am a smoker and I found I couldnt learn how to eat properly if I was smoking to curb my appetite. So 4 years ago I stopped smoking. Then the weight started piling on because now I could actually taste the food and it was so good. So good that I put on 36 pounds. I was 175 pounds. So that puts me at 211. Well I went back to smoking after 3 years being smoke-free because I didnt want to gain any more weight but wouldnt you know it the weight stayed with me. Darm it anyway.So now I'm trying the slim-fast again. I work early mornings so its great for on the go.I'm hoping to finally be able to take it off and keep it off. I want to live to see grandbabies and be healthy. I gave my life to the Lord and was baptized in 1996, so I know I have Him on my side through all this if I give it to Him. I was too stubborn back a few years ago to let Him in on anything.I can do anything through Christ who gives me strenghth.:strong: Thx for being here and caring.My :angel: s.

TallTracy88
03-03-2002, 07:48 AM
Thank you all for the welcome!!!

I know that God led me to this site and then again to this thread. I love to read so any books that might help me in this journey I would welcome. Thank you again! Tracy:)

EZMONEY
03-03-2002, 01:22 PM
Good Sunday Morning Ladies--
Just wanted to say hello before my wife and I headed off to church-- my step-daughter is singing in the second service today so we are going later than usual. We like to go either Sat. night or the early Sunday service so we can do other things on the week-end.

I want to thank all you you who welcomed me aboard-- Zoe, Sami and Wilma nd to welcome Tracy and Joanne[ isn't it great how even if we leave our place of worship or leave the life our Lord wants us to live that He doesn't leave us!!!] And Merilee you gotta stop smoking!!!! I did it from the time I was 16 [boy was I COOL!!!!] until I was 42---- I will explain it all later when I give more details on my life but right now I gotta run--- Try the gum, worked for me.

In His Love-- Gary

PeachyMom
03-03-2002, 04:27 PM
Hello and praying that you are all having a wonderful "Sonday."

Had a good worship service church today...the pastor finished up some sermons on the prayer of Jabez. If you haven't read the book ya need to. Three of my friends and I did the Jabez Bible Study this past fall.

Welcome Tracy, Gary and Merilee...this is a great place.

Tracy you asked about books. The Secrets of the Vine is an awesome book.
We are starting a new Bible Study at church by Beth Moore "Jesus the One and Only." It looks great. We have finished 2 of her Bible Studies....Very powerful.

Well it is to cold to walk today...brrr Cold again here in Georgia:mad:

Hope the temps are better tomorrow.

Blessings to you all!:sheep:

"Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of you heart!"

Monica

Zoe
03-03-2002, 06:11 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies ~ I hope that you are all having a wonderful Lord's day. I know I have. I've been so productive this weekend.....taking time to do some things around the house that I've put off way too long. So I feel like I have accomplished a lot. One thing though, to let myself know how out of shape I am, I cleaned the bathroom floor on my hands and knees yesterday and boy, am I hurting today. I bought a VCR for the bedroom (our other 2 are in the living room and den) and a beginners kickboxing tape. I am so ready to go. I have also brought my treadmill into my bedroom so I have NO excuse now. While Greg is watching nothing but golf, golf, golf (we get the golf channel....sheesh), I will be in there, watching Lifetime Movie Network or Christian TV and walk, walk, walk......so, I'm ready, I'm really ready.

Merilee ~ welcome, welcome, welcome!! I saw you post elsewhere and I was just going to invite you in here by going to your profile to send you a private message and viola', your last post was in here!! :D I too have tried all the diets. I'm now pretty much counting the WW points but including Slim Fast for some lunches, just counting the points when I have one. I think you'll be happy in this group.

Gary ~ how was your step-daughter's singing? I'll bet she sounding like an angel.

Tracy ~ we meet again. You seem to be all over this board. :) Maybe you'll find, like me, that this thread has and gives the most inspiration both for God and for healthy eating.

Monica ~ The Prayer of Jabez is wonderful!!!

Sami ~ Thanks so much for your support and uplifting words. I think I am actually going to be fine. :D I guess it was taking me an extra week to get out of vacation mode. :lol:

Hi Joanne, Wilma, Pravda, Ginny, Sherry, Dee and Beth Anne ~ (hope I didn't forget anyone.....) Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday afternoon.

In Christ's Love,
Zoe ~ Soaking up the "SON" in Texas
220/195/148

For all the newbies........

losing4good
03-03-2002, 08:21 PM
Hello all!!

Guess I'd better quit saying "hello ladies" huh??? :D Welcome Gary! And welcome to our other new "losers"!!!

Our week and weekend was soooo busy, can't believe I didn't get in here! My eating has been okay, but not as good as it was the first two weeks w/the WW thing, but hopefully my weigh in in the morning will be okay. Gonna weigh Joshua too, since he's gaining as much as I'm losing!! ;) Well, maybe not quite that fast, but he sure is a-growin! Can't believe he's a month old already!

We were at my oldest two kids' gymnastics "Olympics" today, and the man next to us said, "okay, how many kids DO you have?" lol I assured him, just the 5!!! lol

I can't wait to be my skinny little self and be able to say that!! :s:

Welcome again! I"m sure you like all the encouragment that gets passed around on this thread!

Patricia

TallTracy88
03-04-2002, 06:57 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!

thank you for the welcomes and the encourgarement. I cannot wait to get my book by Kay Arthur. I have been feeling really low lately and I know that God Is talking to me. That and the refrig!!! I think once my spirit is found maybe some other things will fall inot place. Yes i post alot..:lol: I just know how I feel so if I can touch one person or keep them form eating those donut hole (half off at the store..sigh) well ...it would be good. Have a wondeful day all!! Tracy

Eeyore's Sun
03-04-2002, 07:34 AM
Hello to Everyone!!!!!!:wave:

So wonderful to see this thread so active!!!! I missed a "few" days and boy and I behind. I was truly hoping to snoze and lose. :lol: First I would like to say Welcome to Dee~, Gary~, Tracy~and Merilee~!!!!!!! I think you will find this thread of wonderful folks both warm and encouraging.

I have been doing fairly well. Really good with my eating but unable to walk the treadmill some days but still appear to be losing according to my own scales. Hope they are correct!

WTG to all the losers!!!!!! Beth Anne~, Ginny~, Dee~, Monica~, And anyone else I may have missed . . . . . Keep up the good work!!!!! Here's a few bubbles to you losers!!!! O o Oo o~Oo O OoO O~ o O oO Oo O~ o Oo oO O ~o Oo oOo O ~oO ~Oo O o O oO~ O oOo O o O~o O oO O o~ Oo O oOo O~o O o OoO Oo ~O o Oo O o O~o O oOo O~ O oO o Oo o~Oo o Oo O ~o Oo~ O o Oo Oo~O o O!!!!!!

Beth Anne~ Good for you making those low calories soups!!! We did the same this weekend and found it great!!!! Good luck with your Dad, I pray that he will be encouraged to do this with you and your DH. Isn't it a great feeling when those jeans are found to be too big?!?! Oh yes!!!!:smug:

Wilma~ When it's cold it's so very hard to get that walk in but you did really well with your eating and water guzzling so you will succeed. After all we are learning a ligestyle change not dieting, right? You had to wash dishes for over 100?!?!? Oh my goodness!!! And I thought my family was a chore..........NOt like 100! lol

Ginny~ Don't ya just love those Bible studies? They just seem to fill up a void in your life and give you energy to keep going on, or at least they do for me. Keep singing that wonderful song, Standing on the Promises!

Pravda~ Yes last week was beautiful in Texas but then . . . . .what happened??? I have been frozen since Friday morning!!!!! We only got a few flurries and a little sleet but that 30 mph wind and those temps!! Now this week is to be back in the 60's and 70's, Praise God!!!! And I pray we don't all get sick!

Dee~ Wow you have lost very well and you are an inspiration to us all! Keep up the wonderful job you are doing. Isn't Joyce Meyers great? I just love her! I try to time my treadmill time when she is on the tv.

Zoe~ Hey there sweet friend! So glad you are back off vacation! I missed hearing from you! I know the first week back is always a bad one and sounds like yours was right there. Good job girl, moving that treadmill into the bedroom and getting that VCR!!!!! I have the treadmill there so now I have to get a VCR and I too will be set. You stay strong and directed and don't let the old :devil: have the victory! Ya hear????

Monica~ Its so hard to get that walk in some days but the mall thing sounds great except trying to stay out of those stores. LOL Did you find anything you couldn't live without? hehehe And the "Green Eggs and Ham" thing sounds great! That sounds like something I would do with my Kaci girl that will be 5 tomorrow and having my 14 yr old roll those eyes. LOL Keep it up though, they love it!

Gary~ How did your DD do with her singing this morning? I bet ya'll were definitely proud parents. Hope you find this thread to be great for you. We all do.

Sami~ Thanks Sami for starting the new thread. We continue to pray for your leg and your Dr's visit that God will give your Dr the power and ability to find the problem and be able to correct it before further damage can be done. You keep hanging in there my sweet friend, we are behind you!

Tracy~ So glad you have joined us! I hope you find us encouraging and we can all win the war against being overweight and become healthy.

Joanne~ Isn't spring wonderful with the farm coming alive again and all the newborn? I miss the days I spent as a child on the farm waking up to new little ones most spring mornings whether it be calves, colts, chicks, goslings, kids, piglets, etc..... babies, all babies. Enjoy it for me, will you?

Merilee~ As I have mentioned I like that "Standing on the Promises" song. I think if a person really thinks about those words it is bound to encourage him and give him strength. Glad to have you too.

Patricia & Joshua~ How did your WI go for both of you? We are waiting to hear. Maybe Joshua has gained what you have lost. ;)

Well, I hope I got everyone there, it was hard since I was so far behind. But I hope you all know the love is there and I would like to say thanks always for all the support, encouragement, and love shared here. You really are a WONDERFUL bunch!!!!! God bless each and every one of you!!!!! Nighters!!! This kiddo is tired and hitting the sheets.

Note: I am not losing it but could not post this last night and had to try again this morning since forum was down. Thank goodness I didn't lose it!

losing4good
03-04-2002, 10:14 AM
Tracy - keep right on posting!!!

Can't make a long post this morning, Joshua has just gotten very "vocal"! But, wanted to share my weigh in... cosidering my last couple days, I'm pleased. Lost 3 lbs (dh lost 2)... so that puts me at 11 down since beginning WW 3 weeks ago, and puts dh at 10 down. Yippee!!!!

Patricia

173/162/156(first mini)/105ish(ultimate)

pravda
03-04-2002, 11:17 AM
I was trying to catch up after the weekend, and realized we already had 2 pages of post! I will read them thru out the day, I just wanted to say good morning! I did see that there were some New people on board-WELCOME! This is a great place to be with great people willing to support you when you need it!

I have not weighed myself in like 3 wks! I refuse! I know that I have not lost any, but I hope I have not gained! I do not feel any skinner! I ate a hamburger and fries last nite, then I had 5 little cookies and some pieces of muffins! I have really fallen off the wagon! I keep trying to refocus myself, it aint happening! I am praying the God will take this feeling of having to eat away! I do not want to reloss the same weight over and over again. So, this week, I will go weigh myself, get back in touch with reality, and start again.

I know that some carbs are not bad for me, but I feel so guilty for eating them. My PCOS makes it worse for me to eat them than most.

Enough of my whinning! I hope that everyone has a great and blessed day. Happy LOSING and stay on TARGET!

PRAVDA
:moo: :dizzy:

BA99TJ
03-04-2002, 11:21 AM
Well, I guess I missed a lot while I was gone!!!

Welcome to all the new people!! This is a GREAT thread to post on, and is very encouraging to me (and the rest of us I'm sure). Well I had a rough few days, Friday our office took us all out to lunch, Saturday we did a LOT of walking, so I was STARVING, and Sunday we had a HUGE Italian feast at my in-laws. But I managed to stay OP for the most part, just at the very high end of my range. At least I didn't gain any weight back, but I'm still the same. I think it will be easier for me to really stay OP and walking during the week, but the weekends are tough!!!

My best friend's husband said he noticed I already looked different, which was a GREAT encouragement to me..

I hope everyone has a great OP day.. and stay smilin!!
:lol:

wilma12
03-04-2002, 11:32 AM
Good Morning All! It's a snowy day here in Manitoba. I know that spring is still a month away here but I can't wait for it. The seed packages are in the stores already and I am so ready for it to get warm. It's been cold for so long that I'm getting cabin fever.

DH and I are going to the city for 2 nights this week. I'm looking forward to the break. Hopefully the walking I do while shopping will count as exercise.:?:

I did pretty well at the banquet on Saturday night. They served lean roast beef and baked potatoes so it wasn't a really high calorie meal. Plus doing dishes for 150 people has to have worked off a few calories, right?

A big welcome to Merilee! It's great to see this thread growing. All the more prayers being sent upward!!

Have a super day!

BA99TJ
03-04-2002, 10:15 PM
Well another monday is over and gone, I really blew it today, but that's ok. I had 3 brownies!!! I Think it was from a TREMENDOUSLY carb-laden sunday.. remnants... oi. I hate being a carb addict. But at least I still came in OP so that's good. Made LOTS of point free veggie soup tonight, went for a 1 mile walk with the hubby... and I'm ready for a brownie-free Tuesday!!

Praying for all of you!
BA

TallTracy88
03-05-2002, 07:06 AM
Good Morning All,

Beth-Anne I think that is a fine idea..can we make it a cookie free one too. I was very unchristian yesterday. There is this woman where I work and we used to be friends. Well for the first time in 2 years I started yapping about her and boy do I feel like pigging out. I need something to get this evil out of me. I do not want to feel such animosity for anyone. Help!! This has been the key point in me turning back to the Lord. I would appreciate any suggestions. Tracy

Eeyore's Sun
03-05-2002, 08:21 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!!

Boy, am I the tired one this morning. I have been working lots of overtime with so many patients sick and we've admitted a lot in the past week. I worked all weekend 12 hrs a day at least and then again yesterday. I have another long day today but maybe maybe I can sneak in a nap this afternoon or something. Whew! I have WI tonight and according to my scales I will do well but those at WW weigh heavier than even my Dr.

Patricia~WTG losing 3# and DH 2# Keep up the walking and doing well!!!!! Oo O o ~oO oOo Oo O ~OoO O o oO O~ Oo o O OO OoO ~o oO Oo o O oO oOo ~O Oo O oO O o ~O Oo O oO O ~Oo oO o O OoO O o~ O oO Oo O Oo oO O~ Oo oO O Oo ~OoO O o Oo O oO~o Oo oO O o O!!!!!

Pravda~ Ok, so you have goofed a little, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start over. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!! Do not be defeated by the :devil:!!!! Let God have the glory!!!!

Beth Anne~ Isn't it great to be noticed??? I got noticed yesterday myself by 2 of my patients! Yipekio!!!! :smug: Sounds like even though you had the brownies you did pretty good. Walking is the answer! Keeping doing all the good!

Wilma~ Have fun in the city. I wish I could get away too. Maybe sometime soon. I am MORE than ready for spring myself!!!! It's finally warming back up after the horrible freezing weekend! You ended up washing dishes for 150 folks??? You are a dedicated person.

Tracy~ I'm with you . . . Beth Anne needs to come up with a fat free cookie recipe that doesn't taste fat free. Hehehe Stay strong my new friend and put your eyes on God. Put on the whole armor of God for protection. Go back and read about it maybe that will give you the strength you need. ;)

Missing Ginny~Dee~Zoe~Monica~Gary~Sami~Joanne~Merilee and any others. Check in when you can. Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL Tuesday!!!!!!!

BA99TJ
03-05-2002, 10:51 AM
So yay! One more pound GONE!!! Whoopee :) I was especially glad after my bad brownie day yesterday... I guess the walk helped!!!

Tracy- There are people in our lives that we won't ever like. There are several people I know that have hurt me so badly, I can't really even see them or talk to them. God doesn't want us to despise them, or be mean to them, but he also doesn't expect us to turn them into our best friends. But, slander isn't right either. Just try to keep your cool when she is around, and pray for her. Yes, that's right, I said PRAY for her. I have found that I cannot be mad or say mean things about someone I am praying for.. and I've heard that advice from many others before.

Hope you all have a great day... :)
Love in Christ,
your sister :)

ECmom
03-05-2002, 11:56 AM
Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all of your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:4,5

Got a tough day ahead of me, dear Ladies. This career change I am about to undergo will come to a head today. Please pray for me. I do not handle change well.
I hope to check in later and see how each of you is doing. Forgive me for being selfish here, I had to check in and post for my sanity.
Ginny

Gutchie
03-05-2002, 01:49 PM
Hi everyone! God Bless each of you!

Tracy: I believe our Lord puts difficult people in our lives, to teach us "patients". We always learn more from those difficult trials and those difficult people, so SMILE your being educated.

Sister Joanne,

pravda
03-05-2002, 03:24 PM
Hello, you guys!

Things are looking better today, I am feeling better about life!

Tracey-I agree with Beth Anne, pray for this person, ask God to give you the patience to deal with them, and let HIM shine thru! It gets hard to be upset or angry with someone when you are praying for them! I know! It works.

Ginny- Its all going to be okay. You can do it! With Gods help and us praying for you, you can not help but succeed in this job change!

HI to everyone else I missed!

Have a blessed day!
Pravda
262/252/190(small goal by 13 aug)/125

:moo:

EZMONEY
03-05-2002, 05:06 PM
Hi Ladies-- I have had nothing but trouble trying to send a message--I will try again. On Sunday my wife and I went and bought aN elliptical trainer and a home gym weight set instead of going to the home and garden show. We have had our eye on it for awhile--I wanted a treadmill but my wife [who runs 3-4 days a week] says the WORLD is my treadmill. WOMEN!!! OOPs!! SORRY!!Anyway I have taken the last 2 days off from work to get the room in the garage ready for it. No excuses now--I can be just like you ZOE if I put a t.v. down there--I need all the help I can get!!! Well I am going to send this and if it goes through I will send another. IN HIS LOVE--Gary

EZMONEY
03-05-2002, 05:17 PM
WOW!! IT WENT THROUGH!!! I have tried 4 times today and have had bad luck--of course I am new at this and make alot of mistakes!!!
MONICA- I am sending you some Ca. sunshine before the rain comes Wed.
PATRICIA- Don't you just love those gymnastics!!! I hope the day never comes when my kids are not playing a sport--it is coming soon though -- my son has only one more year of college track--although he plays mens' league softball--my daughter has 3 more years of college tennis[if she chooses to continue] and my step-daughter is entering high school next year[softball and soccer] They have all played year round so it has kept me busy!!!I love it.
WILMA- can you help me next Wed.? I too am head dishwasher at my church--next week my wife and I are in charge of baked potato dinner for 100-- of course they don't trust my cooking--HA-- so I have to do the dishes!!!

EZMONEY
03-05-2002, 05:25 PM
My problem is my messages are too long today--wife not here to fix my mess!!!SHERRY it must be quite blessing for your patients to have you! Just think of the extra money--do something nice for yourself!!PRAVDA I am also praying for you to refocus---every day is a new chance to start over--BETH ANNE, I too have Italian in-laws--HAPPY POLENTA!!! My carb downfall is the ALMIGHTY POTATO CHIP!!! TRACY, as I read your message I thought to myself to advise you to pray for the other girl---WOW so did everyone else---see, we do learn from HIM from time to time!!! GINNY, I am sure all will work out for you with all the prayers you are getting from this site.

Well gotta go pack up my tools for tomorrow--BLESS YOU ALL-Gary

TallTracy88
03-05-2002, 05:38 PM
Thank you all..and Thank you God for taking me to this website...for having such wonderful people like all of you post to me. Sometimes I am just overwhelmed by how much people and our Lord cares for us. I am going to pray for her. Something must be happening to her to be that way. Thank you all for helpin me see and helping her heal..:) Bless you!!! Tracy

Eeyore's Sun
03-05-2002, 09:58 PM
Good Evening to Everyone!!!!!!!
How are ya???

I am jazzed up this evening! I went to WW tonight and was grateful to find out that I have lost 3.5lbs this week!!!!! YES!!!! I'm doing the Happy Dance over here . . .!~@~#~$~%~^~&~*~(~)~! I knew that I had lost 10 lbs on MY scales but WW had been only 3.5 so now I am 7 down total. Yeah!!!

Beth Anne~ WTG on ONE more lb gone forever!!! O oO o ~O OoO oO~ O o Oo Oo~O O o oO o~Oo O o O~ oOo O O~o O!!!!!

Ginny~ Good luck with the job thing today, we are lifting you up in prayer. Please let us know how things go.

Gary~ Good luck with your new "home gym"!!!! That is fantastic!!! Thanks for the compliment about me being a blessing to my patients. I honestly try to be a blessing. I try very hard to treat them like my mom and dad, sister and brother, with dignity, pride, respect, etc....

Joanne and Pravda Good to hear from you too. Good advice for Tracy and us all. Thanks for sharing it.

Well, guess I better go and try to get things ready for bed and tomorrow. Have sweet dreams my friends and a good humpday!!!!

Eeyore's Sun
03-05-2002, 10:05 PM
Hey Tracy!!!!

I was't trying to leave you out but your post wasn't listed when I started my typing, but you finished before I did. LOL

It is a wonderful place for all kinds of advise, laughter, love and encouragement. Glad to have you! Have a good night and a good Wednesday!

Zoe
03-05-2002, 10:32 PM
Happy Tuesday and praise God for another day!! :D

Well, I think I'm on my way....I did the treadmill last night for the first time in AGES.....(I think a year or more....:eek:...) ~ only 20 minutes and slow (.88 mile) but hey, it's a start, right? Tonight I went slightly faster, only 21 minutes but made a mile....woo hoo! So I think I will just increase some each time.

Day 2 "on my diet" and I was ok. Yesterday was perfect but today, just ok....I went out to lunch today which I said I wasn't going to do but circumstances forced the issue and I was out. I had pasta, asked for a "to go" box right away and put half away for tomorrows lunch. I feel so proud of myself cuz I could have eaten it all EZ!! I did have bread though so that wasn't great. But I feel good and I think I'm going to make it this time. :)

Sherry ~ glad to see you are back with us

Patricia ~ Wow, WTG ~ 11 pounds in 3 weeks. You're doing great....how did Joshua's WI go?

Pravda ~ Glad you're feeling better.

Beth Anne ~ Isn't it GREAT when someone notice's your weight loss?? Makes you do better, huh? I'm doing the "happy dance" for you. :D

Wilma ~ We had snow here in TX twice in the last 2 weeks. First time since I live here (9 yrs) and I didn't like it. Hope you thaw out up there soon.

Ginny ~ My prayers are with you and this career change.

Gary ~ good luck with your home gym. As you read above, I did 2 days in a row on the treadmill....Woo Hoo for me!! :D:D This is a HUGE accomplishment for me. Ha!!

Hi to everyone else....sorry if I missed someone. Have a wonderfully blessed evening.

220/196/148

Eeyore's Sun
03-06-2002, 07:29 AM
Good Morning to Everyone!!!!!

I don't have much time but wanted to wish everyone a wonderful Wednesday and hope everyone has a fantabulous day!!!!! Think about what you REALLY want and then think about EXACTLY WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO TO GET THERE. Step 1, step 2, step 3 . . . Write it down and make a game plan.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!

See you sometime soon!

Doin It Right
03-06-2002, 08:19 AM
Hi Chicks,
Just a quick hello, I need to get it in gear and off to work. I am in the mist of severe PMS. In fact it is the worst it has been in years. My poor family! I am going to be looking into treatments and I may need to see the doc about this. I used to take injections but stopped because of the weight gain. In January I had a dnc and this seems to have made it worse. Any suggestions?

On a good note so far I have walked 4 times in the past week, and I plan to walk today making it to my goal of 5 times since last Thursday. I also have a new walking partner from work. We plan to walk together immediately after work. She is spurring me on to walk at a faster rate. Great.

Love in Christ,De
301/243/195

BA99TJ
03-06-2002, 10:53 AM
Well.. I have not been doing "well" OP. Eating at the maximum range.. eating WAY too many carbs... Think I've been depressed. But God is still good... I drank enough water to float a horse yesterday, and lost 1 lb. as of this morning. I needed that!!!

I'm having problems with my eyes... I had crossed eyes when I was little.. had to have surgery for it, and its bothering me again. I can't get an appointment with the doctor who did the surgery until the end of April!! Pray that I have some relief, as my eye is REALLY bothering me, and it actually hurts!!!

Please also pray for my dad who is in California on an interview. He's been out of work for about 8 months now... They don't want to move, but are praying that God will direct them to the right job for him.

Here are a bunch of verses of encouragement for today:

1 Peter 1:3-4 He has given us a new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil, or fade - kept in heaven for you.

Phillipians 4:19 And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

Phillipians 4:13 I can do ANYTHING through Him who gives me strength.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me: "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

Luke 18:27 Jesus replied, "What is impossible with men is possible with God."

Romans 8:35-39 Who shall seperate us from the Love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? No, in all these things we are more than conquerers through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither present nor future nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the Love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

YEAH! Just typing those makes me feel better!!

Be Encouraged!

wilma12
03-06-2002, 11:06 AM
Good Morning All! Just a quick post today.

I have sad news. DH's uncle (who he was really close to) passed away last night. He had been suffering from liver cancer and it was a blessing that he could go home. His wife was starting to get sick because of the stress. Please pray for our family as we mourn his loss.

We also have a dilemma. The funeral is on Saturday and DH and I were supposed to go to the city tomorrow until Saturday. We don't know if we should go and "enjoy" ourselves before the funeral. If we don't go we just sit at home. We won't go down there early. What would you do?

Thanks for the prayers!

I am counting little victories in my WOE. Last night ice cream and chocolate sauce was calling my name but I ate a pear instead. One small step.....

Have a wonderful day.

EZMONEY
03-06-2002, 06:09 PM
Good day ladies-- Just got home from work and Wilma I am sorry to hear of your uncle. I would suggest that you and your husband carry on just as you would if he was still on earth. Your uncle is in a much happier place than we can ever imagine here on earth!!! There is no way he would want you to change your plans or feel sad for him [ but of course we do-it's our nature ]. If you are not going to go ahead of time to the funeral anyway then you must carry on--- the good Lord wants us to keep going forward trusting in Him. I will pray for you and your family.

Beth Anne, I am sorry to hear of your eye problem--- I hope the pain subsides for you soon and the doctor can squeeze you in sooner.

Later--In Christ, Gary

Eeyore's Sun
03-06-2002, 07:32 PM
Hello Everyone!

I have had another busy day and totally exhausted. I've been having chest pains this afternoon and finally have come home. I called my boss and have someone to do my early visits in the morning (I'm also running fever). I've been so stressed out and working so much over time that I think it's caught up with me. *sigh* So much for the extra money if you are sick.

De~ You are doing so good with the walking! Especially 5 times a week. That will get you results. Persistance is the key so our WW leader said last night. As far as the PMS, the exercise should help some as you get going. After a DNC your body may be worse for a little bit, hopefully to get better soon. Hang in there!!!!

Beth Anne~ Sorry to hear about your eyes. Did you tell the receptionist or whoever you talked to your history and the problem? Praying for your eyes and your Dad. Thanks for the Bible verses which always give encouragement.

Wilma~ So very sorry to hear about DH's uncle! Cancer is a horrible thing. He is much better off now as you know but it is so hard. I agree with Gary. I think you should go on and go on your trip as planned. Your uncle would have wanted it that way and you might not get another opportunity soon. Eating that pear was a wonderful choice, I probably won't have done so good if it had been me. ;)

Gary~ Glad to hear from you. Keep it coming.

Well, I better go rest. Thanks for listening and the support.

Zoe
03-06-2002, 09:43 PM
Hello my friends :wave:

How is everyone doing on this wonderful Wednesday?? Mid-week, yippee!! Tomorrow is Thursday and then it's Friday and then, then I have 2 days off...:D

Just wanted to check in before I head off to my treadmill. I'll talk to y'all tomorrow.

My prayers for all with concerns and my praises along with all that have joys.

In Christ,
220/196/148

Eeyore's Sun
03-07-2002, 08:50 AM
Good Morning Friends!!!!

Boy am I having a hard time waking up this morning. :yawn: I had hoped to get a little more sleep last night and tried but couldn't sleep well. Thank goodness my chest isn't hurting this morning but I've still got a little fever. My eating was so bad last night. I guess I was reaching for comfort food. I ate things like girl scout cookies, york peppermint patties, etc. Not real bad though. I keep those yorks since they are low fat for when I am craving chocolate. Anyway, I weighed the same this morning so maybe I didn't hurt my wt loss too much.

My dh goes back to the cardiologist today to find out exactly what they want to do about his problem. We recently found out that my 38 yr old DH has a 41% heart blockage. He has major family history, he's overweight (although he has lost 30lbs of his weight in 7 weeks), he wasn't exercising (but has been now for 6 weeks), has high cholesterol, uses tobacco product, and has high B/p, (of course all the exercising, eating right, etc will take care of the cholesterol and high b/p we hope). Anyway, please say a little prayer for him and me today as we listen to the Dr's plan to correct this thing. I am so very thankful that we found this early before he had a major heart attack. But he is soooooo young, but at least he knows and can continue to try to get healthy to prevent further problems. Of course, with all this hanging plus working all the overtime at my job and having state surveyers in last week no wonder I feel a little under the weather. But God is good and He will see us through all of this.

Well, I guess I better get to the shower. I didn't try to walk this morning since I feel so bad. I have to get back to my walking rountine but have to take care of myself too.

Have a wonderful day my friends! I will check in later! Prayers for all your concerns continue. Good luck to all those that WI too.
See ya later!

pravda
03-07-2002, 11:05 AM
Sherry,

I am so glad that they caught your dh heart condition before the heart attack. My husband was 34 and had a major heart attack and had to have a 5 bypass done! He was not a smoker, excersiced regularly, we didnt eat a lot of unhealthy foods. His is all herdity! So he is lucky that he did not die! Anyway, I will be praying for you in this matter. God can heal anything! Good luck to your husbands change of life style! That will make a lot of the difference.

Hello to every one else! Hope you have a very blessed day!

Pravda

TallTracy88
03-07-2002, 04:42 PM
Dear Sherry I will include you in my nightl prayers. How are the rest of y'all doing. Ok Here. Hae a great day all!!! Tracy

ECmom
03-07-2002, 06:18 PM
Hi!
Just a quick hello!
Gary and Pravda~ thanks so much for your kinds words and prayers. Tomorrow is pivotal (I think) with this change.
Sherry and Wilma~ my prayers go out to you both. Please forgive me everyone else, I have to go make dinner.
"E" ya later!
Ginny

Eeyore's Sun
03-07-2002, 08:37 PM
Hello Everyone!!!!

How is everyone this evening? Whew, after a long day in the "big" city we are finally home. I am so tired. :yawn: Well, the Dr set DH's angiogram for March 21st. That was the soonest they could do it unless it was an emergency which it isn't at this point. I knew what he would say about doing it since I'm a nurse but when the words came out of his mouth, it seems minutes passed before I could breathe again and the world had just gone right on like nothing had been said. I guess I just know too much about what can and can't happen when this type procedure is done. It scares me so much. I have been the "sick" one all these years (7 surgeries, two babies, and a miscarriage), not my sweet DH, he's the healthy one so we thought.

Thanks so much Pravda~, Tracy~ and Ginny~ for your prayers!!!! I think they are already helping cause I have a peace about this that I didn't have earlier today.

Pravda~ Wow! A heart attack at 34 yrs of age! You occasionally hear of such but I never thought I would know someone or know of them. You know what I mean. And 5 bypasses!!!! Wow, how is your DH now? See the heretity thing is what scares me so much cause DH has that too. His Dad died suddenly at 50. It has really made a big difference in everything my DH does now. He is eating SO good and faithful to walk, run every morning for at least 2 miles. His cardiologist couldn't believe he has lost 17lbs in one month! He said he thought ONE POUND A MONTH was good enough. Well, under the circumstances I totally disagree. Besides in my case, it would have to be a lifetime goal to just make lifetime member. :lol:

Thanks again to everyone!!!!! The following post is from a card that I found while I was at Hobby Lobby today so I bought it to keep it close to mind forever and share with you guys.

Talk atcha later!

Eeyore's Sun
03-07-2002, 08:44 PM
A Prayer for the Blessings of Good Health

Dear God,

Thank you for the blessing of good health. Please help me to never take this gift of health for granted.

Please hear my prayer for those less fortunate.

Let me use this gift to benefit all.

Please Help me overcome any temptation that would jeopardize my well-being.

Guide me on a lifetime path that will maintain a healthy mind and body.

Amen.

Printed by Amberley Greeting Card Company

Zoe
03-07-2002, 11:05 PM
Hi there everyone :wave:

First off, Sherry, my prayers are with your husband. Thank you Lord for catching this in time! We are so in awe of Your mighty works and praise You for it all.

Ok, now that the important stuff is said......Wow, do I feel GREAT tonight!! I was so on track today, staying within my points (I am doing Weight Watcher's) and did my treadmill. Today, I had my lunch time all planned out and then I was asked to "go out". I paniced at first but then, thought some more about it.....she wanted to go to Teresa's, a home-style cooking place in Fort Worth and I NEVER do good there....always have their patty melt and fried ~ but today, I was EXCELLENT and so proud of myself. Had a turkey club (can you believe that they only put 2 deli-thin slices on it???? HA!), took the middle piece of bread out and had it dry (I put some jalapenos on it...yum). Oh, and no fries. The waitress said "it's the same price"....I said okay, I didn't care since it's not the money, it's the food. Ok, so I am bragging but I feel so great....

Did my treadmill tonight. Still only at 1 mile in 21 minutes but I am sure that I'll speed it up some each time.

Hi to everyone else.....gotta run. TGIF tomorrow.....have a great evening.

220/196/148

EZMONEY
03-07-2002, 11:56 PM
HI LADIES--
Just a quick note before I take care of some business. Sherry and Wilma especially tonight you are in my prayers concerning your husband/husband's uncle. Life is difficult sometimes--most of the time. Thank the good LORD that HE carries us through.

I will be going to Santa Barbara to watch my daughter and her tennis team tomorrow-FRI, it is 200 miles away. Then back home and about 100 miles away for my son and his track meet. I am sure to have a tired butt!!! But it is always a pleasure no matter the outcome of the matches.

We get the new gym equipment tomorrow---NO MORE EXCUSES.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK-END LADIES AND TREAT YOURSELVES TO SOMETHING SPECIAL---YOU DESERVE IT!!!!
IN CHRIST--Gary

Eeyore's Sun
03-08-2002, 07:50 AM
Hey everyone!!!!!

I started a new thread so come join us at #138.

Come on!!!!!