100 lb. Club - I lost my sweet dog this weekend

View Full Version : I lost my sweet dog this weekend

lovemylabs
04-07-2008, 04:33 PM
What a tough weekend! We lost our sweet lab this weekend. She would have been 15 next month. We were very lucky to have her so long! We got her about a year after getting married, she was our first child. The kids have been around her their entire lives. She has aged in the last few years, hips, eyes, hearing, but she still had tons of spunk! She had a great day Sat, played in the yard, helped dig, there was a bag of bones that fell in the pantry-jackpot, totally normal day, no sign of what was ahead. She had dinner and went out with her brother (another lab). Usually she is out for a while in the yard and comes to the door when ready to come in. We didn't see her come for a long time and went to check on her. She had laid down on the patio just like she sleeps and was peacefully gone. We were so lucky, she was where we could find her, it doesn't look like she suffered, it looks like she peacefully went to sleep. It has been very hard, lots of tears! The vet was so kind to meet us up at the clinic Sunday morning, that did make it easier for all of us. She went out today for cremation and we did decide to receive her ashes. Thanks!

fiberlover
04-07-2008, 04:43 PM
{{{hugs}}}}

I am so sorry to hear this. At least she went peacefully and in a place she loved.

mandalinn82
04-07-2008, 04:48 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug:

LittleMoonRabbit
04-07-2008, 04:48 PM
I'm so sorry. You have my condolences. I know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet that has been part of your life for many years. :hug: At least she was at peace when she went.

SkinnyGina
04-07-2008, 04:51 PM
I am sorry for your loss:(

gggirls
04-07-2008, 05:50 PM
My heart hurts for you - we lost our beloved yellow lab the day she turned 17 years old. We could never give her a fraction of what she gave us.

Hugs

GirlyGirlSebas
04-07-2008, 06:53 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. We also lost a beloved family member this weekend. On Friday, my 15 year old poodle, Cody, passed away. He was also my first baby. We had him from before my daughters were born. My heart is with you as you grieve the loss of your friend.

Sweetcaroline
04-07-2008, 06:57 PM
My heart breaks for you. I lost a pet 2 years ago and a friend sent this to me. I hope the story helps you feel a little better. Hugs...

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

ChrissyBean
04-07-2008, 06:58 PM
(((hugs))) Oh my gosh, we just had to put our sweet Jackie O. down on Saturday as well. I so know how you feel right now. They become such family members and treasured friends...

findingfawn
04-07-2008, 07:00 PM
:hug: I'm sorry for your loss.

xGurlyGrlx
04-07-2008, 07:15 PM
:hug: I'm sorry for your loss. I know what it feels like as well. It is very hard to lose a family member. :hug:

mj5
04-07-2008, 07:33 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. She is so lucky to have had such a wonderful life!

PaulaM
04-07-2008, 10:30 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your family member. I know how much it hurts. I had to put my last cat to sleep last year, she was 21, but that didn't make it any easier.

I know they're up in heaven waiting for our arrival one day. Or it wouldn't be heaven.

SuchAPrettyFace
04-07-2008, 11:12 PM
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I know how hard that is. :hug:

aerotigergirl
04-07-2008, 11:15 PM
I am so sorry. They may not be able to speak, but they get a piece of our hearts all the same. It sounds like your baby girl had a wonderful, fun-filled, love-filled life. And her last days were spent playing with her friends.:hug: It's fortunate that you get to remember her just as she always was.

Gardenwife
04-08-2008, 12:31 AM
Oh, I'm so sorry about your labby girl. No matter how long they live, it's just not long enough. :hug:

What a tough weekend! We lost our sweet lab this weekend. She would have been 15 next month. We were very lucky to have her so long! We got her about a year after getting married, she was our first child. The kids have been around her their entire lives. She has aged in the last few years, hips, eyes, hearing, but she still had tons of spunk! She had a great day Sat, played in the yard, helped dig, there was a bag of bones that fell in the pantry-jackpot, totally normal day, no sign of what was ahead. She had dinner and went out with her brother (another lab). Usually she is out for a while in the yard and comes to the door when ready to come in. We didn't see her come for a long time and went to check on her. She had laid down on the patio just like she sleeps and was peacefully gone. We were so lucky, she was where we could find her, it doesn't look like she suffered, it looks like she peacefully went to sleep. It has been very hard, lots of tears! The vet was so kind to meet us up at the clinic Sunday morning, that did make it easier for all of us. She went out today for cremation and we did decide to receive her ashes. Thanks!

pipernoswiper
04-08-2008, 02:20 AM
:hug:none of them live long enough, ever.......so sorry for your loss

Gela
04-08-2008, 05:36 AM
I'm so very sorry for your loss. I am so glad to hear she didn't suffer or was sick for a long time. Hang in there we're here for you.

scoobie74
04-08-2008, 09:14 AM
I am sorry to hear about this!

Trazey34
04-08-2008, 09:25 AM
I'm bawling my eyes out for you!!! I lost my beloved boxer Bourbon just a few months ago, and it's so fresh in my mind ugh, those little creatures don't know what they do to us!!

I put his little metal i.d. tag on my keychain and sometimes it jingles the right way and makes me happy.

We had a call from the vet a week or so after we had him put down, and wondered what on earth they wanted ~ they had taken a paw impression of him and had his name on it! such a nice memento for sure.

I know it's not easy going thru this, my diet suffered for 3 weeks too! Know that we're all here for you and so many of us have gone through it :( As cliched as it sounds, it does get a bit better with time.

barbygirl43
04-08-2008, 10:23 AM
:grouphug: So sorry to hear it.

alinnell
04-08-2008, 11:31 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I, too, lost a 15 year old dog (my Golden) a few years back and now I'm parenting two labs, aged 3 and 14.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
Roger Caras

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly
04-08-2008, 11:55 AM
:hug: so sorry for your loss!

Leenie
04-08-2008, 12:00 PM
Oh did that make me cry :cry:

:hug: to you and your family and your sweet little pup in heaven.

Leenie

Beverlyjoy
04-08-2008, 12:23 PM
I am so, so sorry to hear this. Our fur babies are so important in our families. I hope you have many good memories to help you get thru this sad time.

Tai
04-08-2008, 12:30 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I bet she had a wonderful life with you!

Hopefulpinkangel
04-08-2008, 01:51 PM
:hug: So sorry for your loss. I'm glad that she didn't have to suffer and lived a full life with her loving family. :hug:

pintobean
04-08-2008, 02:59 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss :(

Sandi
04-08-2008, 04:12 PM
Awww, I am sorry you guys, for all your losses. :hug:

Mrs Snark
04-08-2008, 04:26 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish our fur kids could live forever.

scorpio88
04-08-2008, 05:06 PM
I'm so sorry! I hope you're doing OK. In college I studied Veterinary medicine and worked at an animal hospital. It was horrible seeing animals pass no matter their age. My baby is 9 years old, will be 10 in June. I got her when she was 2 months old exactly, and it scares me to think I will be without her one day. They literally become your world.

ThatsSpify
04-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Im very sorry for your lose. They are a part of our family. I last lost a childhood furry friend to uterus cancer and it was devestating. I can't wait to get my children a puppy or kitty but I am not looking forward to a lose.

cinderpa
04-09-2008, 04:33 PM
I am so sorry for the loss of one of your dear family members. I know how it feels. Just try to think of how happy you and your pup have made each other over the years. :hug: