South Beach Diet - Monday's Chick Chat

View Full Version : Monday's Chick Chat

cottagebythesea
04-07-2008, 06:11 AM
Good Morning!

I was wide awake at 5 and should have gotten up then, but I fell back asleep and woke up later than I wanted to. I have just enough time for a coffee to wake me up before heading to Curves. When I get back I have a very untidy house to whip back into shape!

jandaman
04-07-2008, 06:16 AM
hallooooo! look out the window-- yet another dreary snow-driven day! color me incredulous!! temps have dropped and i can practically feel the sniffles coming on. nothing big this monday except all the dishes and house work that has piled up all this weekend so it looks like i will be joining you, cottage, in the housewhipping (oh..but i hate housework!) am a little anxious because boo tazer hasn't come home yet..i really need to work on letting go..if i already feel this way about kitty..what'll happen when i've got kids??
anyways. hope ur monday is nice n easy and if u've got sunshine puh-leeze send some my way!!

femmecreole
04-07-2008, 06:38 AM
Either my husband's alarm didn't go off at 4 or he ignored it...I woke up at 5 and it was a mad rush to get him out of the house with a cup of coffee...so I'm running late this morning. Wishing everyone a great day.

Sharry
04-07-2008, 06:46 AM
I woke up at 5, on the cries on my baby boy... so tired now, forgot my breakfast home.. so just had two mugs of coffee and milk... now can't wait to go hit teh pillow again for an afternoon nap...
work was so tiring today, but calm.

Ruthxxx
04-07-2008, 06:47 AM
I feel so guilty about having such easy starts to my days when I read about the rest of you dealing with real life! My biggest pressure this morning was having to spend ten minutes cuddling Hershey. The silly thing is still working on eating up all the snow out there. Her tummy gets full and she has to cuddle until she stops shivering. Cuddling a dog while sipping coffee is a very good way to start the day.

It's Monday and I'm switching into my energetic Spring mode. It'll be sunny so more snow and ice will melt - and Lake Ruthie in the yard will continue to grow. Actually it's more like a river as it actually has a current once the culvert opens up. The deck is now completely clear of ice and snow. I plan to have my mid-morning coffee out there and hang the laundry out for the first time since fall.

Some house whipping and cooking is on the list for today plus a trip to the Library to return a film. I'm still on VHS because my DVD doesn't seem to be working. I guess I should RTF - Read The Frassin' Manual! I have the usual niggles to finish up for the Fair plus Mount Laundry. Retirement sure isn't boring!

Sending sunshine across the Atlantic and dog cuddles to those who need to start the week with relaxation.

Ruthxxx
04-07-2008, 06:52 AM
Hi, Sharry, and :welcome: to The Beach. Are you just starting or have you been beaching for a while. I moved your signature so it just appears automatically when you post.

CyndiM
04-07-2008, 07:01 AM
:coffee: Good morning Chicks

Cottage, Cat & Sharry - Hope the day slows down to it's normal pace. Nothing like starting the week behind.

Jandaman - In my experience by the time you really let your offspring go it's time for them to sprout wings and go ;) Now that we finally have some sunshine I'd be happy to share a little with you. Hope it arrives soon!

Ruth - :hat: melting! We have a lake in our yard too, and every year my partner tries to convince me that we really need a pond in the yard. Every year I complain about breeding mosquitoes until it dries up! Mud is a sure sign of spring around here :)

Just another week around here. Luna kitty has her surgery tomorrow. Hopefully they will make her feel better and figure out how to prevent more of this in the future. I have another 4 day week which just makes it feel like I need to cram more into fewer days. I'll enjoy the long weekend though (am I already talking about the weekend on Monday morning?!).

Have a good day all

Schmoodle
04-07-2008, 08:06 AM
Good morning chicks, I can't think of one interesting thing to say. Mondays stink. Everyone here having a hard time getting moving. DD1 will launch intensive job hunt today once I drag her from bed. Otherwise a busy day of work, the neverending laundry, running kids, and grocery shopping. Will squeeze in my exercise too. Hope we all get through Monday unscathed.

cottagebythesea
04-07-2008, 08:30 AM
Oh, boy! Not a good start to the day. I just wrote a nice chatty and motivating post, and then forgot to hit the "reply" and lost it. :(

Anyway, I'm feeling a little more alive now that I've exercised and had my breakfast. :) I just made a pot of split pea soup with the ham bone from yesterday, and it smells delicious already. As soon as I finish my coffee, it'll be time to haul out the vacuum.

Seems like all of us are having a hard time getting started this morning!

tkglenn
04-07-2008, 08:31 AM
Good morning everyone. I had a good weekend. Got my cakes done and did really good on them. It got me alot of business. I have two more this weekend! My DH's moms birthday party turned out pretty good. DH didn't want to go but I had to force him. His PTSD keeps him from going and doing anything. He has to be forced. But once we got there he was ok. Did I mention, my cake was a HIT?!?! I'm so proud of what I did and how it turned out. It's very very foggy outside today. Not cold or warm, just foggy and stale. Nothing much else. I'll try to post pics of the cakes. Everyone have a great day!

cottagebythesea
04-07-2008, 08:33 AM
:welcome3: Sharry!

cottagebythesea
04-07-2008, 08:37 AM
Good morning, tk. Isn't it your birthday today?

:woo::hb: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!:balloons::gift:

Have a wonderful day, and I hope all your wishes come true!

tkglenn
04-07-2008, 08:41 AM
cottage-yes it is. Thank you!

ladybugnessa
04-07-2008, 08:47 AM
Good morning my chickies...
rain here
orioles in first place for an hour or so LOL
EIGHT clean days of eating under my belt!
we have two alarms. both went off on time. ugh.

FluffyK
04-07-2008, 08:53 AM
Good morning everyone. I did a LOT of work outside yesterday, so hopefully it balanced the off-plan eating I did on Saturday. I'm achey sore today, but hope to be back at it again later. DD4 is still sleeping, which my kids usually don't do this late unless they're sick. I am so hoping she it not sick, because it seems we're always sick during break (next week). Talk to you later!

jandaman
04-07-2008, 09:10 AM
:celebrate: happy birthday tkglenn! those cakes are amazing, u r a true arteest:dizzy:

jandaman
04-07-2008, 09:12 AM
OMG i am a senior member..when did that happen? my monday is picking up..kitten is back in lap and BF taking time off project to help w/housework and chores.
thanks for the sunshine!

tkglenn
04-07-2008, 09:12 AM
jan-thank you very much!

beachgal
04-07-2008, 09:21 AM
Morning, all!

Cottage, I hear you on the sleep thing. But I do think that if you slept that long your body must have needed it. :hug: Here's hoping you don't need as much cawfee to get going! I hate when my post disappears! Hey, how do you get a ham bone? Do you have to make a ham first or can you just buy the bone from a butcher? I have a recipe or two that calls for simmering beans with a smoked ham hock or a ham bone and I'm pretty clueless about obtaining one (as you can guess! :lol: )

Wow, Janda--thanks for making me feel better about our weather, but I wish you weren't snowbound! I'd be scared if my little kitty were out in the snow alone--I don't think that's being overprotective. Hope he (she?) comes home soon! Housework is much more fun when a kitty plays with your tools! ;)

Oh, Cat, that's an awful way to wake up--especially when it's not your fault! :mad: Hope you get a chance to sit and unwind for a minute or two--hate the feeling of running around all day full of extra adrenalin. :hyper:

:welcome3: Sounds like a crazy day, Sharry! Hope you had a restful sleep! How far ahead are you in time from the U.S.? Are you there with the military?

Ruthie, honey, in spite of your slower start-ups, I think we can all agree that, even with a bum knee, you do more in one day than most of us do in a week!!! :yikes: Don't overdo, okay? :hug: I love how you describe things--like Lake Ruthie and Mount Laundry! :lol: Give Hersh some extra snuggles from me--I love having a little dog, but it does reduce the ability to give human-like hugs. ;) BTW, I LOVE your new avatar! Gorgeous! Hey--I'm with you on the RTFM...we finally got a new toaster oven but DH won't let me use it until I read the manual. Guess what? I haven't used it yet! :rolleyes:

:rofl: I'm always thinking about the next weekend on Monday morning, Cyndi! So you're in good company. ;) Your partner could be right--I have no idea whether they are harmful for the environment, but they do make those little pills you can throw in your pond that keep mosquitos from breeding there. We have a beautiful sunken garden that's under a huge, evergreen tree cover and never sees the light of day. You can imagine the mosquito love fiestas that take place there! :rolleyes: I'm actually allergic to mosquito bites, so I spend very little time outside in the summer--even covered in bug spray I end up looking like I've got the chicken pox or something!

Schmoo, here's hoping that you have a much better Monday than you think. If nothing else, at the end of the day, we're one day closer to the weekend! :yay:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/beachgalgarner/purplesparklyHB.gif TKGlenn!!! I've taken all four Wilton courses and am a huge fan of Ace of Cakes, and I'm AMAZED at how talented you are!!! YGG!!! :yay: :hat: :high: :cheer2: What beautiful creations!!! Your writing on the cumpleanos cake is phenomenal!!! Did you cut the letters out? Did you use fondant mostly for the cakes or is there some gum paste, too? I can't believe how smooth everything is!!! Do you make your own fondant or prepurchase it? I'm so glad you had such a great weekend and got more business from your efforts--though I'm not surprised! I hear you about DH's PTSD. Mine, even after years of therapy, still limits some of the things I do and places I go. It's hard stuff.

Me:
Yikes! I had a really nice weekend and am really happy about all the stuff we accomplished, but I am totally worn out! On Saturday, I slept in until nearly noon (thank you, DH!!! :love: ). When I was up and around, we worked on our bedroom which was not only cluttered, but dusty, too. DH went through his whole closet (all 9 items of it... :lol: ) and sorted it, finding a couple of old favorites and new things he'd forgotten about. I cleaned up all the stuff on the floor and moved some of my more wintery things to the back of the closet. I'm not ready to move the spring things forward yet, though. Then I vacuumed and dusted, which made it look much nicer. We brought our pup in with us and opened the blinds for the first time in months, and it was really nice. We spent some time chatting with the neighbors, took the dog for a walk, and eventuallly did dinner and a little errand-running up by the mall. Then we watched a movie (Twelfth Night) before going to bed.

On Sunday, I had church and then came home to DH already cleaning out the gutters. I ate taco bake in a WW tortilla for lunch (it didn't seem too big, but I got SO full!) before heading outside to help DH with the chores. We staked the pup in the yard, which she seemed to enjoy, and raked all our lawns, which took about 3 hours with both of us working. It was a heck of a workout, and by the last hour, I was feeling really, really nauseous and sick. I don't know if I really did eat too much or what...but I ended up lying down on the grass with Angel for a while. Unfortunately, we had to bag everything, as our city only picks stuff up from the street in the fall, and that took forever. We have 15 bags!!! Anyways, partway through the bagging, I made a mad dash for the bathroom...and that pretty much sums up my night after going to bed, too. I thought I felt better that evening, so I went over to a neighbor's, with DH, for dinner. We did the grocery shopping together and put stuff away and by the time I went to bed, I was feeling overly full (again, I hardly ate anything!!!) and sick to my stomach. I woke up twice in the night (no details necessary) and am still feeling awfully queasy. :barf:

I don't know if it's flu or what, but I'm SO tired and feel totally yucky. I'm still planning on going to the gym after work for cardio--I don't think you quit it for flu (unless you have a fever), right? :?: I'm dreading an influx of students because I just don't feel physically able to deal with them today! :p Hopefully it'll be a fairly mild day or they'll come in one at a time. :crossed:

Hope you're all feeling better than I am and are getting some beautiful weather! It's pretty dreary out there today but yesterday was just glorious!!! :cloud9:

beachgal
04-07-2008, 09:30 AM
:yay: :high: Great work, Nessa!!! You are a STUD(ette)!!! :cheer2: :yay:

Fluffy, I'm in the same situation as you with the soreness from outside activity. I'm no expert, but if you're feeling sore like me, I bet you burned a LOT of calories yesterday!!! ;)

Janda, :welcome: to senior membership! I believe it happens automatically once you reach 100 posts. Congrats! :hat:

GONNABE165
04-07-2008, 09:32 AM
Morning chicks! I survived my busy weekend which went smoothly :carrot:

Welcome Sharry glad you joined us

TK Happy Birthday!:celebrate:I love those cakes - I am a total shoe fanatic I own 128 pairs. You have alot of talent.

Laurie I hope you get to feeling better. I am wondering if there is still something going around as my dh has been feeling the same symptoms as you this weekend which kept him in bed most of the time.

Good morning to everyone else and I hope you all have a great and productive day.

tkglenn
04-07-2008, 09:43 AM
Beachgal-I didn't take any classes. My mom taught me the basics and everything else I learned on my own. I go to a cake club once a month and they have alot of helpful tips. Thank you soooo much. They are both covered in homemade fondant that I make and the shoes and flowers are gumpaste. The lettering for feliz cumpleanos are stencils that are lightly pressed into fondant and I just traced it with buttercream. Yeah, I love Ace of Cakes also. I try to get ideas from them and tips on how to do things just from watching. So interesting though. I have a wedding cake this weekend along with a baby boys 6 month birthday cake. I will be quite busy this week. I plan on making them both simple so that I'm not too stressed and over swamped.
Gonna-thanks. 128 pairs?! OMG, I barely have 3. It's funny because I had a really hard time deciding on the style of shoes I should make and I ended up doing that one. Well, I got to the place where the party was at and my DH's sister said that the mom (the one who the cakes were for) had a pair of shoes just like them. lol.

cottagebythesea
04-07-2008, 10:50 AM
Laurie, I sure hope you start feeling better real soon! Nausea and vomiting are no fun at all, you poor thing. :hug: As for the ham bone, I'm not sure if stores will sell just that, but I got mine from a bone-in ham from Wegman's that we had for dinner yesterday. I won't buy ham hocks, blech!!! I'm not a real fan of meat, anyway, and those ham hocks just put me over the top!

tk, I meant to tell you, those cakes are pretty amazing! I wish you lived closer to me, I'd be one of your best customers! You are truly a professional!

:wave: to everyone! I hope the day brings you some sunshine, whether the sun is shining or not. :sunny:

zeffryn
04-07-2008, 10:52 AM
Good Morning! I was feeling pretty defeated on Saturday because I totally botched the diet....but with the help of some of you, I got back up and on it. I've had three clean meals in a row, soon to be a 4th as we have leftover veggie "lasagna" from last night. Tonight, I'm planning on making the Chicken Mole out of the SBD cookbook. Add a little brown rice for hubs and some vegetables on the side.

It's errand day for me. Time to go to the drycleaners, library, video store, and produce market.

I also have to wait around for a glassman to come and replace a pane in one of our windows that was broken over the weekend. Thankfully we don't have to pay for it! A teenage boy broke it with a golf ball, and his parents volunteered right away to pay for it! Yay!

Question: What would you do about a neighbor that walks her LOUDLY barking dogs at 6 in the morning everyday. We've asked her to change her route or possibly walk them later in the day, and she did....for a day..and then it was right back to her old ways. She wakes my son up every morning. My husband and I have both been nice in asking her to stop...this morning my husband went out and was rather peeved. He asked her why she insisted on doing this. She told him to take it up with the police because she couldn't control where her dogs went to the bathroom! I can't understand WHY she would rather us call the police than her just taking her dogs on a walk down the portion of the street that doesn't have any houses.
I know we aren't the first to complain to her either. My neighbor yells at her to shut up almost every morning. :(

GONNABE165
04-07-2008, 11:05 AM
Zeffryn I can feel your pain on the barking dog thing - we went through the same thing and our neighbor ended up calling the police because no matter how many times we asked them to stop with the barking dog it never happened so the police came out and luckily they now walk the dog after 8am :D Good luck on your situation

tkglenn
04-07-2008, 11:14 AM
cottage-thanks. I do need more business though. I don't know enough people around me and the people I do know already have their cake lady so it's alittle hard. This past weekend brought me more business though. I'm excited.

JessieW
04-07-2008, 11:19 AM
tk--I was going to ask you if the shoes were edible or if I could wear them away from the party. They look adorable! I love the cakes! And happy birthday.

My mom was here this weekend and it was such a Godsend. She cleaned my house, bought me a real vacuum cleaner, and cooked an insane number of meals for my freezer. I don't think I'll have to go to the grocery for months. Well, except for breakfast stuff and drinks and fruit, etc.

We did have a little too much fun, shopping for maternity clothes and going to a musical yesterday afternoon at Belmont College--a friend of mine played a lead role and it was so fun! But this morning I felt like someone had beat me. Weekends are usually my nap days!! This weekend we are going to a wedding in West Virginia, so no naps again, except in the car. *YAWN!*

uscarchie
04-07-2008, 11:20 AM
Good Morning all! TK, your cakes are amazing. I love to bake, but haven't even attempted it because I love to sample when I bake... :) I have been playing with making piped on flowers, but I'm not very good yet. It takes a lot of practice!

I'm dragging this morning. Didn't want to wake up, don't want to be working, and am not very productive right now. I blame it on the exhaustion. I got enough sleep, but I'm just not used to waking up so early every day yet.

Ah well, I make it through today, and the rest of the week will hopefully not seem as daunting.

GONNABE165
04-07-2008, 11:23 AM
Jessie it sounds like your weekend with your mom was great - you gotta love moms they are definetly a gift from God.

tkglenn
04-07-2008, 11:25 AM
jessie-the shoes are edible but I don't know if they would taste any good. Not very sweet. They are probably hard enough to wear for a short distance but if you are probably a size 3, then let the shoe fit!!!! Hahaha. Thanks everyone!!!

zeffryn
04-07-2008, 11:45 AM
TK - First, Happy Birthday

Second, have you ever considered putting ads in places that let you post them for free or really cheap? A friend of mine put up a bunch of ads with pictures on Craigslist and got a few customers....which led to a few more customers...I think the key is getting your name out there. It sounds like you're on the right track though, and OH so talented!

Pearlrose
04-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Hello all,

Had a great weekend, nice to have nice weather for a change. Ground is still trying to dry up from so much rain.

TK I love those cakes, they look great. Happy Birthday again as well.

Working from home today, but it is lunch and I have to get DS ready for preschool and run an application in for DS for lifeguard this summer.

FluffyK
04-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Question: What would you do about a neighbor that walks her LOUDLY barking dogs at 6 in the morning everyday. We've asked her to change her route or possibly walk them later in the day, and she did....for a day..and then it was right back to her old ways. She wakes my son up every morning. My husband and I have both been nice in asking her to stop...this morning my husband went out and was rather peeved. He asked her why she insisted on doing this. She told him to take it up with the police because she couldn't control where her dogs went to the bathroom! I can't understand WHY she would rather us call the police than her just taking her dogs on a walk down the portion of the street that doesn't have any houses.
I know we aren't the first to complain to her either. My neighbor yells at her to shut up almost every morning. :(

Well, I'd first look into whether there is a noise ordinance in your area. In some places, there has to be "peaceful" hours from about 11PM until some time in the morning, but I'm not sure what. If there is a noise ordinance, you could call the town/city zoning officer and complain - it's part of his/her job to enforce the town/city laws. The neighbor will be issued a summons or citation if this is the case. I wouldn't bother the police unless it becomes necessary, because they can only write a ticket or take her to jail.

Good luck with this.

zeffryn
04-07-2008, 12:34 PM
Thanks Fluffy, I think that sounds like a great idea. I really wasn't too hot on the idea of calling the police.

I called city hall and asked what the noise ordinance hours were, and they said in our neighborhood that it was 11 p.m. - 7:30 a.m. during the week, and midnight to 8 on weekends. I left a message for the appropriate officer, hopefully he'll give me a call back this afternoon.

I just can't believe she would let it escalate to this. The most simple fix would be her taking a left instead of a right out of her driveway and she would have a good mile of no houses, just backs of businesses. *frustrated!*

FluffyK
04-07-2008, 02:51 PM
I hope it works out for you!

I just cut down some trees (yes, with a chainsaw - DH bought me my own 14" saw for little stuff). Some were scrubby pines that are about 10' tall. I dragged them up the hill and to the burn pile, so I got my aerobic AND leg workout today. LOL! We have 2 acres of a treed lot next door to our yard, and we're trying to clear out the yucky scrubby stuff so the good trees have room and sunlight to grow properly.

I wonder if DH will notice?

zeffryn
04-07-2008, 03:01 PM
Wow. You have your own chainsaw. That's awesome!

GONNABE165
04-07-2008, 03:06 PM
Wow Zeffryn love your new avatar pic!

beachgal
04-07-2008, 03:47 PM
Jessie, I'm so glad your mom was here! :hug: I hear you on naps! :yawn:

Fluffy, you are awesome!!! Look out Rosie the Riveter! :strong: Here comes Fluffy the Chainsaw Girl! :lol: (that just sounds funny...) I'm sure DH will notice!

TK, I don't know Houston very well, but if you live in a suburb with its own paper or even a neighborhood that has its own sections in the big paper, you might contact them to ask if they'd like to do a little human interest piece on your business. That would be super-easy to do here in my small town, but when I lived in L.A. it would have been harder. Worth trying, though! Do you belong to or know anyone who belongs to big social groups, like Junior League, or a newcomer's group? See if they'll pass your card around. Most of the recommends my friends give and receive happen in our newcomer's club meetings.

Hope everyone has a great day and stays healthy!

Ruthxxx
04-07-2008, 03:49 PM
Doesn't every woman who lives in the country have her own chainsaw? :rofl: Mine is actually an electric one for ease of starting. When I need to bushwhack, I get a "lad".

Gorgeous day out there. Hersh and I did tea on the deck in the sun and dreamed of summer. Lake Ruthie soaks in for a bit and then forms again as more snow melts. I swear all the snow from the hills behind us rolls through my side yard! It used to be a creek and Mother Nature never forgets.

Spring is definitely here. I changed my avatar to the tulips I'm expecting next week! I hope that encourages things.

zeffryn
04-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Wow Zeffryn love your new avatar pic!

:o
Thanks. I just got a new webcam, and was trying to figure out how to use it. I took about a hundred pictures of my son and I ;)

It's SO beautiful here today. The pools at our gym just opened this weekend, and I really want to go. My husband should be home in an hour, maybe we can beat the post school rush.
I just got in from a 1 mile walk with my son. I wanted to go longer, but he was getting tired (nap time) Maybe if we don't go to the pool, we can go for a longer walk!
I'm feeling so inspired today. This site has really made a difference for me!

GONNABE165
04-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Chainsaws - my mom uses one evryday and has for years. She owns her own tree removal business and chainsaws are a definite for that job. I say hooray for woman using chainsaws - that stuff isn't just for the boyus any more.

weezle
04-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Hi girls! Today was a rough day all around. I need to eat something or I might die! Had to skip lunch because my mid called in. Just waiting for the boys to come home so I can make some dinner. Just thought I'd pop in to say hi! Talk more soon!

Lisa

zeffryn
04-07-2008, 06:25 PM
Making Chicken Mole tonight out of SBD cookbook. I've made it in the past when I wasn't even really following the diet. It's tasty and very rich! Hubs requested fauxtatoes and steamed green beans.
Another clean meal! I'm on a roll today.

tkglenn
04-07-2008, 06:40 PM
zeffry-I have my own website and business cards. My best friend told me she would post for me on craigslist but I told her no but now I'm reconsidering and might just go ahead and post it anyways. No phone numbers though. I heard some people talking about their cake business and they said that they would never put their phone number if they worked from home. And they wouldn't put their address, just email and website. For security purposes. I'm really considering now. There's also a civic club in our area that meets once a month and they always ask for refreshment donations, maybe I should do it once and see what happens. I really like doing this. A friend of mine, her son goes to baseball and maybe I should put some kind of promotional "code" on the back and if they come to me they get a certain percentage off or something. Hhhhhmmmm.....all these ideas.

Everyone-thanks for the birthday wishes. It made my day happier.

zeffryn
04-07-2008, 07:31 PM
There are tons of different things that you could do. Church bulletins are a great way to get exposure. I don't know if your city has a city-wide parenting magazine, but if they do...throw an ad in there. They are usually pretty cheap, and parents are always looking for fun cakes for kids birthdays.
Craigslist is great, but I agree, don't include your phone number. With the availability of reverse phone lookup, it wouldn't take much for someone to find where you live. Craigslist is pretty secure though. I would just include your website information, which should have your contact information on it.
Also, remember bulletin boards. I know they are a little hokey, but any way to get your name out there. Gyms often have bulletin boards, as do grocery stores.
The civic meeting donation is a great idea. You could also look into an charitable organizations having silent auctions. Donate a cake and help someone in need!

A good cake decorator is always in high demand. It's too bad you aren't closer! I would love to learn to decorate with you. I've dabbled a bit, for birthdays and such....I really don't have the time anymore and even if I did, my friends aren't interested :)

phxsunflower
04-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Hi everyone,
Gosh I forgot how to type messages in. I typed in 2 sentences reread them and made NOOOO sense so will try again.

It has been awhile since I checked in last. I have to back up and go to phase one and was hoping to jump on there and see how everyone else was doing but it looks like everyone else has gone onto phase 2. Is there a phase 1 area and I am just not seeing it?

Today is day one of going back and so far so good. Dinner is going to be hamburger pattie with saute mushrooms and zucchini and maybe a nsa fudgesicle. Time to get dinner started will check in later.

zeffryn
04-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Hello, Phxsunflower!

I too am a phase 1 beacher, although this is my first time on the diet. Actually my first time on any type of structured diet.

I'm going to be making some breakfast cups in awhile for breakfast tomorrow. I made 6 last night and they are gone. I had one, my husband had four and my son had one. I didn't think they would go that fast. I wasn't too big on the turkey bacon in them though, so I think I'll just go all veggie. :)

phxsunflower
04-07-2008, 09:04 PM
Thanx zeffryn for the come back. I have not yet tried those but I think I will this time around due to the busy mornings.

RNMOM
04-07-2008, 09:41 PM
Well, I know most of you are sleeping so I'll type quietly. This was a busy place today.

Worked in the ER today, someone called in sick and they asked me, I guess it's OK for time and a half.

Day 14 on phase one! Woo hoo! Completed! 10 pounds lost exactly. Now for the hard part...........not going over the edge on phase 2. I plan on having oatmeal tomorrow, I'm pretty excited about that.

For those of you enjoying warm weather, I'm jealous. It's snowing again today grrrrr. Ruthie, I'm feeling your pain.

Well, I'm off to wind down for the day!

Hugs!:hug:

Barb0522
04-07-2008, 11:04 PM
Today was busier than normal. Worked over 10 hours from home and managed to squeeze in calling the dentist to reschedule an appointment, calling the family court counselor to let her know I got the paperwork and find out what exactly they needed for employment verification, calling work and getting the employment verification started, emailing to find out how to get a copy of Brian's report cards for last year and this year, and getting the personal reference sheet out to one friend.

I also had a couple of phone calls about Twilight Camp and a Boy Scout meeting tonight. Brian has all of his paperwork in for the new scout campout on Friday now and earned his Scout rank tonight plus two parts on Tenderfoot.

I sure hope work is less busy tomorrow. I barely got a break to eat lunch but I had marinated tilapia in the freezer that I threw in the toaster oven and then in a whole wheat tortilla with some angelhair cabbage. Yum!