Old 04-05-2008, 05:37 PM   #1  

Default PB2 and WF question

I just bought some WF dressing and wow! Love it! I was wondering, since it is o cals and o carbs does this mean I can have as much as I want? I can dip my celery in it and cover my salad in it? Also what does the PB2 count as? A condiment? And how much are you allowed to have? ANd is there ANY type of pasta we are allowed to have? Is there anything like a veggie pasta we can have? I am so new to this and finding healthy things I don't know about any of it. Thank you for everyone's help who doesn't laugh at my questions and takes the time to lead me through my journey!!!!
travelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 08:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195.5/182.5/130

Height: 5'3"

I don't know about the WF dressing or the PB2...I actually plead total ignorance and ask what are they?

We can have shirataki noodles. They are made out of a japanese yam and soy tofu and count as a veggie. I'm not sure how they taste, but I bought some from Whole Foods yesterday and plan on having them on Monday as a kind of fettuccine marinara type dish with two low fat meatballs. I'll let you know what I think of them.

No question is ever laughed at here! (Unless it's meant to be funny!) So, feel free to ask away!

Last edited by LiLi Gettin Thin; 04-05-2008 at 08:42 PM.
LiLi Gettin Thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:09 PM   #3  

PB2 Is a peanut butter powder you can buy from Bell Plantation on line and it is 75% less fat than regular peanut butter. WF dressing stands for Walden Farms salad dressing which is O cals, and 0 Carbs, Sugar Free. You can google the PB2 and buy it off line.
travelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:06 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

TravelMom - You can always make "pasta" with thin shavings of zucchini, sliced into long noodles. Those are always good!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195.5/182.5/130

Height: 5'3"

So, I tried the shiritaki noodles tonight for my lean & green and they aren't too bad. I made a tomato sauce from canned chopped tomatoes and Italian seasoning, cooked up some lean ground beef into meatballs and served it all over the shiritaki with a sprinkle of parmasan.

The noodles are definitely more chewy than normal pasta and don't have as much flavor, but they are probably the next best thing to wheat pasta. I read that you get a better flavor and texture from rinsing then boiling them, so I tried that. I think I might add a dash of salt to the boiling water next time, that might help.
LiLi Gettin Thin is offline   Reply With Quote