WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters for April

View Full Version : Thursday Chatters for April

Tammy
04-05-2008, 02:37 PM
Hello! This is for anyone who weighs on Thursday or doesn't weigh on Thursday. We welcome everyone to chat with us!! :D

Just returned from a shopping trip to CJBanks. 40% off of sale and non-sale items. I like that!!! Tim had given me a gift card for Christmas, so I used that. I bought several shirts and light sweaters.

Tim and his gf are fixing supper tonight. Shish kabobs on the grill! Yummy!!! Also having salad. They have been to the store for everything they need, and they'll be fixing it. I just hope they clean up too!

I'm a bit bummed. I haven't had TOM since the beginning of December. Last night I felt crampy, and I still feel that way today. I was sure hoping that I was finished with all this!!! :?:

Hope you are all having a great day!!

Tina
04-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Hi all,
Tammy, thanks so much for starting us off this month! :hug:

This is a great place!

Tell Tim and his friend to come on down to TX and grill my supper, too. :)
I'll bet they clean up.

It's such a beautiful day here. It was 57 this morning. Brrr.... I'm not sure why we had that kind of weather today. I had to find a jacket in the back of the closet.
Well, next week we're going to a wedding in Key West. I've had the hardest time finding something to wear. I told Larry that if I was 20 years younger and 20 pounds lighter, I could fit into all these strange, new dresses. Has anyone tried them on? They look like pregnancy dresses...kind of like mumus (sp?). I finally found something I liked, until I tried it on.
It was at least 5 inches above my knees. :lol:
So, I have a skirt and top that I'm wearing. Hey, no one will be looking at "the aunt" anyway. Right! :D

I hope everyone is having a good day.
:flow1:

Ladybug2680
04-05-2008, 09:09 PM
Hello all. It's been a while since I posted. I'm struggling more than ever.

Tammy - Sorry to hear that you are cramping. Hopefully things will improve and you'll be done with the whole thing soon.

Tina - It's been beautiful here as well. Most days the morning start out in the upper 50's and by 10 or 11 we're in the 80's. I love it. Have fun at the wedding.

Nothing new much here. I'm scheduled for a hysterectomy on June 23rd. Everything will come out except my ovaries. I hope to have lost some weight by then. We'll see what happens.

Tammy
04-05-2008, 10:52 PM
Tina, I'll tell them what you said. I'm sure they'll jump in the car and head right down there. I was looking at some dresses today. Found one that I liked, held it up, and it was a bit short. Sounds like the one you tried.

Our temps were in the 50's today with sunshine. It felt wonderful!!

Dori, I have been struggling because I just don't want to do it! Not good. June 23rd is a ways off, so you'll have some weight off by then I'm sure.

I'm starting a new program at the Y. In order to join the class, you have to be at least 25 pounds overweight. There are 5 aerobics classes during the week (3 morning, 2 evening), and you just need to attend 2 a week. Every other week there is a nutrition class. There is also a weigh in on the other weeks. When I signed up, I had to do some fitness testing. Weight (gross!!), breathe in a machine to check lung capacity (I received an excellent on that!!), step up and down on a 12 inch step for 3 minutes (oh my gosh! I stunk at this.), sit on the floor and lean forward and see how far you can reach (stinky again), and hand strength (considering I have arthritis, the trainer was impressed that I did as well as I did). This will run until the end of June, and then they will do the fitness testing again to see how much we've improved. Just by getting moving again, I'm hoping that will kickstart the weigh loss again.

Moving again and having TOM again! lol A week from Monday, I'll be starting water aerobics 2 nights a week too. I told Bob that I'd like to lose 15 pounds by the time the program is over the end of June. He thinks that's too much to expect. That's almost 3 months. I know that I lose slowly, but with the exercise, do you guys think it's doable??

Have to go. We need to do some fixing of things on the computer. Tim is here to help me!! Nice kid!

Tina
04-06-2008, 12:20 AM
Dori, it's so good to hear from you. Please don't stay away just because you're having a hard time. That's what we're here for---to help each other--or just to listen. Okay?????
I'm so sorry about the hysterectomy. I'm glad you're keeping your ovaries. That will make life a lot easier. (I had the same thing done awhile back.)

Tammy, keep us informed about your TOM. ;) I hope you're about through with all of that. Oh, oh, oh, can I come to your gym? That sounds like fun. I could use a kick to get this metabolism going.
Oh, I haven't seen Tim yet. Tell him to knock hard on the door because I'm going to bed. :lol: Larry has to go to bed early now.
He was soooooo tired all day today. Getting back to work (4 days) about did him in.
Susan, are you our there????
Maureen, where are you?

jar1965
04-06-2008, 12:19 PM
Hi Ladies! I'm Jeanne, married, two dd's! 20 & 16, 1 pound puppy and I probably should add that I have been dieting all of my life! I work for a chocolate company! Yep, C H O C O L A T E ! ! ! ! ! I am a manager for 3 of the 5 stores they own. I use to be an adminstrative assistant at a police department here in Western Pa. I hated it! I love my job but am so darn tired of the daily struggle to fight off the "enemy"!!!!!!!! I honestly eat it every single day!

I'm so inconsistant. In 1998-99 I lost 100# - gained back probably 60ish of that since. I have done WW, calorie counting, supplements, Southbeach & many other diets! I seem to always go back to WW, cause it is comfortable and fits my lifestyle! If anything .........anything......goes wrong in my life, even minor things.........I turn to eating! I went back on WW in June 07 and lost 37# - Well, then Valentines Day & Easter came (my company rules those two holidays, obviously) and I gained 10# back already.

I have been coming around 3FC for years and years. Last year I came back with a new user name and avatar, bcause I kept forgetting my password. A couple of the treads I follow have slowly dicipated and a couple I follow - I just can't seem to fit in. Maybe I'm boring.....haha! Well I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Hope to be around more and I really need to lose some weight! I'm feeling very unhealthy these days!

Tina
04-06-2008, 04:14 PM
Jeanne, :welcome2:
You've come to the right place. We're here to help. :)
Wow, you work for a chocolate busniess. That sounds like heaven!
I give this advice---start out by doing one thing different. For you, instead of eating chocolate every day, eat a little bite every other day. It's a start.

auntie
04-06-2008, 10:32 PM
Hi Friends,

Sorry I've been MIA this week.... WHAT A WEEK!!! We have a state assessment TAKS, well my kids don't take it due to their levels so they take TAKS ALT. I knew that I had to have my stuff inputted into the computer by April 25. I found out on Wed. night that the activities had to be in by tomorrow. I've done everything but hadn't put it in the computer. So I've spent every waking moment doing that. I'm crossed eyed.

Last night, Pat's band played and he wanted me to go. I had planned to stay home and finish up. When he said "I really wanted you to go." I knew I should go. I finished up this afternoon with everything!!!!! Now all I have to do is wait until window date opens and I can submit my data. It's a big relief to be finished with it.

My Dad had an episode forgetting his Parkinson's medicine and his legs froze up. Luckily he went to the neurologist 2 days later..... the dr said "now you know what happens if you forget a dose." He takes it 3 times a day.

Jeannie, welcome to the group!!!!! We are fun!!

Dori, don't be a stranger!!!! WE all need support!!

Tina, how about that Larry!!! I know he is glad to be back at work!

Tammy, how was the dinner? Tell Tim and his girlfriend that they can cook for me too!!!

Ok, let's do a challenge or goal........maybe that would help focus us all.Actually, I would like to be down 15 pounds by my birthday in June. Really, I would like to be down 60 pounds by June. Do you think it's doable? ;) What do you think?

Hopefully this will be an easy week!!!

jar1965
04-07-2008, 09:04 AM
Hi Ladies! Thanks for the nice welcome! I had a crappy "first" day yesterday. I kept telling myself tomorrow is Monday, I will reallllllly refocus then! Today is MONDAY - no excuses! I want to weigh in on THURSDAY and see at least a smidgen of a loss!

auntie - 15# by june - ok, I'm game! We are going to the beach June 21st, so, yet another reason! Yikes......How scarey about your dads legs! I'm glad the doctor knew exactly what that was and now you can monitor it more closely!

Tina - hi! I'm going to give every other day a try! I'll keep you posted! Heaven? Yay, you could say that! lol!

Well girls, gotta run, "heaven" awaits! haha! Have a nice day, drink your water and shake those booties! I'll try to do the same of course!;)

Tina
04-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Okay Susan, I'm down for 5 pounds!!!

Ladybug2680
04-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Susan - I like the idea of a challenge. Please put me down for 5 lbs. I'm back on the wagon starting tomorrow.

Jeanne - Welcome. Nice to have you with us. I'm not sure I would survive if I worked in the chocolate business. Or should I say that my paycheck would go right back to the company. :)

auntie
04-07-2008, 10:51 PM
hi Everyone,
How did you do today? I had a so so day but I have a funny story for you!! My trainer called and we decided to meet at the park. I was excited because it was such a nice day..... I get to the park start put one shoe one and look at the other one with such puzzlement. It was the same shoe!!! I had 2 right footed shoes.... I have 2 pairs of tennis shoes that are the same exactly the same. I remember this morning double checking them too. Guess I wasn't really paying attention.... So I walked in my clogs and then I did some just in my socks. My trainer laughed and said "we can go to the gym." So hopefully I am on the right track again.

Jeanne, I'm not a big chocolate eater but it's something that I want every once in a while now if it was popcorn or something sour I would love it. How did you do today?

Tina, are you ready for that wedding?

Tammy, Do you think I could retire now??? I'm so ready for summer!!!

Dori, how is your daughter doing? When is your surgery?

I'm going watch some tv and try NOT to fall asleep.

jar1965
04-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Morning ladies!

Super good OP day yesterday and so far this morning! I was up every hour to "pee" because of all the water I drank!! I haven't added in any exercise though! Maybe I'll get a walk or dvd in today!

Today I have to take the dog to the vet and groomers and I have two sickly kids! They are 20 & 16, but still, sick and at home under my feet. Haha~ They are needy when their not sick................;)

I cleaned the porch and got all the porch stuff out and set up last night! I love that feeling! Rocking on the porch, sipping on ice-tea and little people playing outside and riding bikes! hmmmmm, sureal!

Tina - down 5#!!!!! Yeaaaa~! Congrats~!:carrot:

Ladybug - part of the problem is............we don't have to pay for what we "snack" on at work during the day! If I had to pay, I'd be broke! Thanks for the nice welcome!

Susan - Thats such a funny story!!!! I also have two pair of the same exact workout/walking shoes and I can see how you could do that! Too funny!

Well have a good day everyone!

Tina
04-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Good morning to all of you!
Jeannie, isn't it nice to have your children still need you! :)
Oh, sorry to tell you but I'm not down #5 yet. That's what I'm setting as my challenge for June.
I hope you have a super day!

Susan, that is too funny about your shoes. I never have more than one pair. :lol:
Tammy, how are you feeling? Are you sore from all your exercising? How is Bob feeling?
Dori, when is your operation? We can all come and sit in the waiting room.

I'm not ready for the wedding. Yikes! I've got so much to do today. On top of all that, I've got to go sit in the doctor's waiting room this morning. She told me to come back in a week to make sure my ear infection was gone. The nurse grudgingly worked me in today. My appt. is at 11:10. That means, I should take my lunch with me. :lol:
I never found a dress for the wedding but I have a skirt and top. That should work. I'm taking my tennis shoes and shorts for all the sightseeing in Key West.

Y'all have a great day.

auntie
04-08-2008, 11:19 PM
Oh Jeanne, i would be in trouble if the candy was free! But Yum!!!

Tina, make sure that you take the right combination of shoes :) I got one pair and then they were so comfortable that I got another pair. Silly me! Pat just rolled his eyes when I told him.

Tammy, It's TOM for me and I think I have it for both of us. I have never had it so heavy. I'm almost worried but just wonder if things are out of whack since I had Seamus. Prior to him it was so light and 2-3 days at the most. Now it's heavy and longer. It is extremely heavy right now. I feel ...... well not so pleasant!!!!! I had a baby shower to go to this afternoon and changed my mind. I think grief has swept in and I'm just mad right now. It will pass but I just want to sit and cry and cry and cry some more and hold my baby!!!

Have ya'll watched The Biggest Loser? We had it one tonight...and it is something to watch how the people have changed!

Tina
04-09-2008, 12:00 AM
:hug: Susan :hug: I can't be there but am sending you lots of hugs and kisses. I'm so sorry you are down.
We are all here for you!

Tammy, you've been awfully quiet. I hope your computer hasn't gone crazy.:dizzy:

Everyone have a great few days here without me.:(
Oh, my ear infection is all cleared up.

Ladybug2680
04-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Susan - Sorry that you are having a hard time. Lots of hugs for you.

Well a couple of days ago I was supposed to start back, but I didn't. I plan on watching what I eat today and officially starting tomorrow. I have joined a local gym just for ladies. I haven't had a chance to go this week. I will probably not make it in this week, but plan on going three times next week. I'm really tired of being fat.

My surgery is scheduled June 23. It would be awesome to have the waiting room full of you ladies. ;)

jar1965
04-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Hi ladies! Not too much happening here. The first thing in my mouth when I walked in the door at work today was a chocolate covered carmel followed by a raspberry cream!!!!!! :kickbutt::frypan: Sighhhhhh! I get so angry with myself! Oh............AND...........I have 6 hours to go! Hellllp!:( I am planning on a walk today though! Hopefully that will take my mind off of eating!

Susan - Hi! Yuck & so sorry to hear about the TOM issues. I was having some similiar issues, inconsistent, super heavy & lasting long. I told my doctor and she put me on Loestrin 24!!! I LOVE IT!!!! Just thought I'd share incase it was something for you. ;)
BIGGEST LOSER...............I'm an addict! My boy, is Rodger! lol!!!!! I've been supporting him since day one! I don't know what it was, but I was taken to him from the first day ! I can't believe we are down to the finals! Ali has done an amazing job. I think Mark looks to thin!:shrug: Just my opinion! Kelly looks good, I thought she seemed awfully whiney throughout the whole episode, but I did like her! :dizzy:
Well, I hope you get to feeling better & have a great day!

Tina - Hi! OOOppps! Maybe I should pay attention to what I'm reading! Sorry, but..........I'm sure it'll be a 5# loss very soon! ;) Are you going away? (I probably missed that somewhere too!!! I'm getting old)!! As far as Thursday WI's :?: do we post that here,
or somewhere else?

Well have a nice day! Drink some H2O & shake those booties! Talk to you later!:hug:
jeanne

auntie
04-09-2008, 11:02 PM
You guys are the best!!!!! I always know you are here! I'm still down but not as bad today. Just don't feel like talking and it seems to be bothering everyone!!!! I did go work out with my trainer and she always makes me laugh and I felt better. We did Yoga today.

Jeanne, I might have to talk to my dr. I was talking to my older sister about it and she said "You know we are getting to that age." I almost laughed! I agree about Rodger! I like him. I voted so he hopefully will stay. Yes I agree about Mark being to skinny and kelly being too whiney!!!!

Tina, have fun on your trip!!!!

Tammy, where are you darling???

Dori, I am actually going to be in the northern part of Alabama this summer. Where is Jesup?

jar1965
04-10-2008, 07:34 AM
Morning girls!

Good News!!!!! I WI & I have a 3# loss to report! Yay! Well gotta run and change my ticker and hurry and get ready for work! Thanks for everything this week you guys! I know that your support helped get me back on track!:hug:
jeanne

Tammy
04-10-2008, 10:28 PM
Susan, I want to give you a great big hug!!!! Hope you are feeling better. My TOM is over for now. I hope that is my last one. It was super heavy with lots of cramping too.

Tina, glad your ear infection is cleared up. Have fun on the trip!!

Dori, what would you do if we all showed up at the hospital?? We'd get kicked out for sure!

Jeanne, I would like a piece of chocolate please!

I think I need to watch The Biggest Loser next week, and the next season whenever it starts. If you guys like it, I probably would also.

The class that I'm taking at the Y is based on The Biggest Loser. We are even going to get t-shirts. Sure hope I lose and the shirt size I put down is huge on me!!

Tim called yesterday. He was upset, had decided he didn't want to be an RA next year. He's had problems with a few guys on his floor (underage drinking, other silly things). He can handle that, but he has had some issues with a couple other RA's in a dorm that is in the same big complex that his dorm is in. He caught them doing some things, and he talked to them about it. They started swearing at him, calling him names, saying all kinds of things. When he went to the head person of the dorm, nothing was done to them. He feels that if he is doing his job, he should be supported even if the others were employees also. He told me he knows how I felt the last several years of teaching when we received no support from the administration.

I need to get to bed early. I'm answering phones at the Christian radio station for their fund raiser. I was there yesterday, today, and again tomorrow. I sure have a good time!! lol

If you go to www.889joyfm.com and click on Scenes from Shareathon, you'll see me in two pictures! I'm famous!!! lol

auntie
04-10-2008, 10:54 PM
Hi,

I'm feeling better but still not back to normal. I'm ready for a weekend of just RESTING!!! I got home last night and Pat took me to dinner. I think he must think I am nuts. He just doesn't understand HORMONES!!!

Tammy, your pictures are adorable!!!! Can I have your autograph? Poor Tim!!! I'm sorry that he is having to deal with all that. I don't blame him if he doesn't have the support.

Jeanne, good job on being down 3 pounds. I'll have some candy too.

Dori, we would come and wait in the waiting room. :)

Tina, I hope you are enjoying your trip!

Ladybug2680
04-11-2008, 11:31 AM
Good morning all. Everything this way is fine. I started back OP yesterday and did okay. I went a little overboard at the bowling alley with candy (SweetTart ropes, Sprees, Bottle Caps, and Sour Lifesaver Gummis). I didn't eat whole bags or anything. Just a little bit of it all. I have a major sweettooth. Yikes

Susan - Glad to hear that you are feeling better. Hope things will be back to normal soon.

Jeanne - Congrats on the weight loss. You big Loser. :)

Tammy - Sorry to hear about Tim. I know how it is to not be backed by supervisors or adminstration. Stinks big time.

Tina - Have loads of fun on your trip.

jar1965
04-11-2008, 06:24 PM
Hi everyone! I'm still on cloud-9 because of the 3# loss this week, so the motivation is still in high gear!;) *Look out when I gain! Urgh, I'm awful! lol!

Ladybug - I have a sweet tooth too! I love love love candy! What kind of surgery are you having?

Tammy - Hi! I'm going to check out your pics as soon as I finish this post! ;)
TBL - I super dooper love it! haha! You will definately have to watch next season. This tuesday is the fianle!

Susan - so glad you are feeling better!:hug:

Have a great night girls! We're off for a walk and then a game of scrabble or Yahtzee! My dh and I are boardgame junkies!

jar1965
04-11-2008, 06:28 PM
PS - Nice pics Tammy! You are famous! May I ask, where in Ohio are you from? My brother lives in Ravenna, and I have family in Niles, Boardman, & Youngstown.

Ladybug2680
04-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Jeanne - I'm having a hysterectomy on June 23rd.

I don't know what I would do if you girls showed up. I would be estatic to say the least.

auntie
04-11-2008, 11:00 PM
Hi,
I'm so glad it's the weekend!!! I get my hair colored tomorrow but I plan on sleeping a little late. I am exhausted and have a tad of a headache. It's all stress!

Dori, we keep saying we need to meet some place. Maybe we will do it sooner or later.

Tammy
04-12-2008, 12:16 AM
Susan, I hope you are able to get lots and lots of rest this weekend!!!! Sure! You can have my autograph. lol Thanks for the article that you sent. I need to get an appointment for a massage. I know a woman here in town who took some training on how to work on people with fibromyalgia, so I guess it's time to give her a call.

With Tim being an RA, he doesn't have to pay room and board. That is one issue that is making it harder for him to make a decision. Bob's aunt had left him money and wanted us to use part of it for Tim's college expenses. We have that money in a savings account for Tim. We told him that whatever is left will be his to use to start out on after he graduates. If he has to pay room and board, the money will go quickly. He and I talked, and we both had the same thought. Go ahead and be an RA first semester next year. If things aren't going well, he might not do it 2nd semester. He got his job 2nd semester this year, so it's not something that doesn't happen.

Dori, I haven't had Sprees in ages!!! Used to love those things.

Jeanne, I love Yahtzee!!! I live in a small town northwest of Dayton called Versailles. We have lived here 2 years. We lived in Arcanum before we moved here. It's also a small town northwest of Dayton. lol

I'm going to a tea at church tomorrow. This is the first one they've ever had, so it should be interesting. Other than that, it will be a pretty quiet weekend.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!

jar1965
04-12-2008, 08:50 AM
Good Morning! Hope you are all going into your weekend positive and relaxed! I tried to sleep in this morning, but couldn't do it?!?!? I drink too much coffee & tea. We are going to my nieces birthday today. I'm gearing myself as to what I may or may not eat. I'm going to "TRY" and pass on cake!:o:o We'll see!

Tammy - Hi. I just typed a big ol' story telling you how we visit Dayton once or twice a year to go to a toy/collectibles store - and my hubby walked in, I was telling him.......and he said........we go to Dayton KY!!!!! Oh well! I guess I was thinking Ohio, because Dayton KY is right on the line to Cinncinatti! **I was getting excited actually, I thought, wow.....we may be able to meet "someday"! haha!
We are Yahtzee crazies here! haha!
Have fun at your tea today! Our church does that and they usually add in a twist.........like...........where a "unique" or old fashioned hat...........
It's always a nice time!

Dori - Hi! Well I will definately be saying a prayer for you! Last summer I thought that was the direction I was going and then my doctor, after running tests and "things" said, nope, we are going to try meds. So far - so good! Well, stay positive! And big ol' hugs comimg your way!:hug:

Susan - Morning! Enjoy getting your hair done! I always feel so "new" when I get mine done! Did I mention my oldest daughter is in beauty school and is due to graduate in June? Well, because of that.......My hair is NOW always "hip" as she says! lol! I love it. I think she will keep me young forever! Or, I hope it helps anyways!

Well, I'm going to scoot. I'm doing laundry and cleaning this morning. Before we head to the party this afternoon.

Here's sending you girls all some "virtual" chocolate to get through the weekend!
:chockiss::chockiss::chockiss::chockiss::chockiss:

auntie
04-12-2008, 11:04 PM
Hi All

It has been beautiful here. However, a little cool breeze. I got my hair done this morning. Then I cleaned the house and then went to the gym to work out. Kinda did things backwards. Pat mowed all day and then we went out to dinner. I was starving but then when it came time to eat, I wasn't really that hungry. Now my stomach hurts. i told Pat, I don't think I want to eat there again anytime soon. It was Mexican....

I've had a headache part of the day too so I took a little nap! Wish it was longer but I got a short one in. Plus I'm heading to bed a little early tonight!

Tammy, glad you got the article! Aren't you impressed that you FINALLY got it? I thought it was pretty interesting and thought I should get massages too.

Jeanne, that's great about your daughter. Growing up our neighbor went to beauty school and she was always doing my hair. It's funny because I let the guy who does my hair do whatever he wants with it. I trust him, plus if it was awful, he would fix it.

Dori, Where are you at in GA? I'm going to be in Decatur Alabama this summer for a short time. I'm not sure when yet!

Tina, know you are on your trip but hope you are having fun!!!

Tammy
04-12-2008, 11:16 PM
The tea at church was so much fun! They had special tables set up for the elementary girls and the preschool girls. Those girls went upstairs after eating and several beauticians from the area and some of the jr. high and high school girls "decked them out". They came back down to model for us. Their hair was all done up with ribbons, flowers, and whatever. Some of them were wearing feather boas. They were just too cute!! The food was good. Ate lots of fruit and vegies, so I felt good about that.

Each hostess at the table had the table decorated a certain way. My hostess lives on a dairy farm. Our theme was cows! It was great!! We were the most comfortable women there because we all wore jeans. lol

Jeanne, that is funny about the Ohio and Kentucky confusion. I was telling my husband, and he thought maybe we are related since I get confused sometimes. Cincinnati is only a couple hours from me, so that would still almost be doable. Tell your daughter that I want her to keep me hip and young too!! My niece lives in Pittsburgh somewhere and teaches there.

Susan, hope you are feeling better. We love Mexican. When we eat out anymore, that's where we usually end up. I made meat loaf for dinner. I was impressed that you sent the article!! lol Just had a note from another friend who found a package in the trunk of her car that she thought she had mailed to me.

I was thinking about Tina today too and her trip. I want to go there too! Sure hope she bought us all something!

Tina
04-12-2008, 11:52 PM
Hi friends, I'm finally home!:carrot::carrot::carrot:
Wow, y'all have been a talkative group. :) It'll take me awhile to read all the posts.

Our trip was fabulous! Has anyone been to Key West? If not, try to go. It was in the 80's and hot every day. They have super seafood. I'm afraid to get on the scales. :lol:
We made it to most of the wedding festivities. The night before was a catamarin cruise. Larry was so tired by that evening that we had to miss it. He did really good. And, with him using a cane, we got super service everywhere. :)
My nephew's wife is a cutey. I'm sure they'll be happy. They will honeymoon in Bora Bora and Tahiti. :o Wow!

I'm going to bed now but will read and respond to all the posts. :)

Tina
04-14-2008, 03:53 PM
Who wants to come help me wash and take things out of the luggage? :lol:
This isn't the fun part of trips.

Tammy, I like you photos. I'm sorry Tim had such a problem. It would be nice if those ugly RAs would quit.

Jeanne, how was the birthday party?

Susan, I hope you are feeling much better by now.

Dori, do you bowl often? I've never had Sprees. I don't even know what they are. :)

I didn't tell y'all about the delicious dessert we had in Key West. It was key lime pie on a stick. Yup, it was frozen and dipped in dark chocolate. Talk about good!!! I tried to put some in my case to bring to each of you.....they just wouldn't fit in there. :D
Today, I'm back OP. I've got to get with it as my annual physical has been moved up a week. I need to be mean and lean by the 24th. :lol:

Tammy
04-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Tina, I've never been to Key West, but I'd love to go. Bob spent time there when he was a kid. His brother, SIL, and their daughters were living there. His SIL's family owned a jewelry store, and they also had something to do with the Hemingway House. I love seafood!!! Glad that Larry did so well on the trip!!! Yum to the Key lime pie on a stick! You can be lean by the 24th, but I don't think you'll be mean!!!

This class I'm taking is a killer. She said this morning that since it is the 2nd week, she was kicking it up a notch. Oh my!!! I was dying last week before it was kicked up! I did modify different things. My back started hurting today only 25 minutes into the hour, but I made it through. Water aerobics starts tonight. I'm still journaling my foods. My weight is still the same. sad.

Ladybug2680
04-14-2008, 07:11 PM
Tina - I've never been to Key West either. However, it's on my list of places to go before I die. I imagine I would have loved the Key Lime Pie on a stick. Key Lime Pie is one of my favorites. Sprees are tart candy made by Willa Wonka I think. I love them. I bowl every Thursday night on a Community Church league. Definitely not one of the best, but I enjoy it.

After much deliberating and saying I was going back OP I have decided that I will officially start tomorrow. I need to get serious about my weight loss and working out. I didn't make it to the gym today due to a faculty meeting and then a family emergency. Hoping tomorrow will be better.

Tina
04-14-2008, 07:20 PM
Everyone should try the pie on a stick. :)
Tammy, please be careful with all that exercising. I think the water aerobics tonight will loosen all your tired muscles.

Dori, you can do this. I know you can. Remember that we can do a little bit at a time. Today I ate more fruit. In fact, I have eaten 4 servings. (That doesn't happen very often. :lol: )
I'm sorry you had a family emergency. I hope things are okay.

Everyone have a great evening.

auntie
04-14-2008, 10:57 PM
I am SO SO SORRY if you have NEVER had Spree!!!! They are one of my favorite candies....... they are so yummy! :)

Ok, I did great today.... exercised with the trainer then I was so hungry that I thought I could eat an elephant. On the way home I stop at the store and I give into junk. Then I stopped at Sonic and got a burger and ended up not eating the onion rings. Now, I feel sick!!! For several reasons....actually I feel like I could throw up!!!

Yes, I am feeling better. I am doing much better. I'm ready for summer!!!!

auntie
04-14-2008, 10:59 PM
I am SO SO SORRY if you have NEVER had Spree!!!! They are one of my favorite candies....... they are so yummy! :)

Ok, I did great today.... exercised with the trainer then I was so hungry that I thought I could eat an elephant. On the way home I stop at the store and I give into junk. Then I stopped at Sonic and got a burger and ended up not eating the onion rings. Now, I feel sick!!! For several reasons....actually I feel like I could throw up!!!

Yes, I am feeling better. I am doing much better. I'm ready for summer!!!!

Pat is taking the cat tomorrow to the vet. He is getting worse. He is getting skinny and you can tell he doesn't feel good. Pat keeps telling me, "you know he isn't going to get better." I think he is trying to prepare me for the worst. We'll see what the vet says. Hopefully something good will happen but I'm afraid to come home tomorrow. I'm hoping the vet will say he is doing a little better but I have a feeling he isn't.

jar1965
04-15-2008, 08:50 AM
Morning Ladies! Good week so far. I've stayed OP and my husband and I took the dog for a lenghty walk last night! Then we went and visited my in-laws. As soon as we got home, I went straight for the kitchen?!?!?!? Urgh! I didn't overdo it, but still...........
I had 1/2 c. 2% and 1 ww cookie!!!!! I could have eaten more!:o

Tina - Hi! Welcome home!!! Yay.......Key West Florida.........is wonderful!!! Sanibel Island is beautiful too! Glad you had such a nice time. I did great at my nieces b-day party! Thanks for asking! I was able to pass on the cake! And it didn't kill me?!?!? hahaa~

Tammy - Hi! So glad the tea was fun! I always tread getting ready to go to those things and then I get there - and I have such a good time!!!! Cows? My 1st husband and his family had a dairy farm! I was married to him for 22 years! It was a hard hard life, but wow.........I'm glad I lived that experience! I think I have better kids because of it! They had so much structure growing up. Also, they didn't play indoors or with many toys because we were always "working" and surrounded by animals. Baby ones were there favorites of course. They were so active in 4-H! My 20 year old had the PA Red & White Grand Champion Holstien for many years in a row. Talk about work! We traveled with that cow and ususally 6 or 7 others all over the US so she could compete! Oh my...............the good ol' days!

Dori - Yes we can, Yes we can..............keep saying it girl...........we'll get there! And dang, we'll look good when we do!;) I hope whatever your family emergency was, that everything & everyone are ok!!!!!!

Susan - Hi! Hugs and I hope the kitty is going to be alright!!!!!!! I'm ready for summer too! Today is a nice tease of what is to come. Sunny, blue skies and the birds are chirpping. Unfortunately it is only to be about 50 degrees. But it's a start and I'll take it! I'm off tomorrow and it is suppose to be 65!:carrot:

Tonight is The Biggest Loser!!!!!!!!!!!!! I voted! I hope that Rodger stays. But, they all did great! Did any of you sign up for TBL challenge here on 3FC!?!?!? I didn't, but I was wondering about it! It is total committment for like 15 weeks and alot of checking in!

Oh well! Have a great day ladies! I added a fugi apple and a fresh orange to my lunch & snack today! That may sound funny..........but when you work in a chocolate store.........thats usually not the kind of snacking you do!!!!! haha!:dizzy:
jeanne

Tammy
04-16-2008, 12:38 AM
Dori, I used to love to bowl. I bowled on a league for several years. Had to quit when I was pregnant with Tim, and I just never went back to it.

Tina, I am definitely careful with the exercises. I know that I can't do it at the high intensity that the leader does, so I am modifying all over the place. I figure if I'm moving, that's a good thing. After doing the aerobics class in the morning, the water aerobics was wonderful!

Susan, I think we all have days where we end up giving in to junk. Part of my problem is that Bob buys things that I like and are hard to resist. I have tried to tell him that I don't want the stuff in the house, but apparently it isn't sinking in. How is the cat???

Jeanne, lots of 4H clubs in our area. We live in a rural area. Lots of fields around us. good for you for adding fruit to your lunch!!

I watched the Biggest Loser for the first time ever tonight. I cried several times!

Tina
04-16-2008, 10:15 AM
Happy Wednesday,
Everyone should be down here this morning. It's 58 degrees and beautiful. We could all go walking around the track. :)
I think I'll go walking.
Tammy, sorry about all those yummy snacks being under your nose. Maybe if you fill up the frig with healthy stuff.....there wouldn't be room for the "good" stuff. :lol: Silly me!
Jeanne, have you tried decaf tea and coffee in the afternoons and evenings? I love a cup of decaf tea around 3:00 p.m. It always seems to help curb hunger until supper.
Dori, are you doing at least one good thing for your body? You can do this, I know!
Susan, I hope there's good news about your kitty. We are here for you, just like y'all were for me. About that eating spree you went on---good for you for not eating the onion rings. Maybe you could keep some sugar free ice cream at home.
I get the box of WW chocolate ice cream bars. They're only 1 pt. and very good.
Everyone have a great day.
Oh, I've lost 2 1/2 of the pounds I gained on my trip. Yea for me. Now I've got to get back down so my fishy will move. That poor little thing needs exercise.

bella23
04-16-2008, 01:45 PM
Hay all, I'm new to this "group" and I weigh in on Tue or Wed. Today is the day this week that I weighed in. Not so good this week. I am up .6 lbs. Not horrible as I thought it would be, but not great either way.

I hope this is where I'm supposed to post, lol. If not, let me konw

Hope to get to know you all,

Tina
04-16-2008, 02:30 PM
Hi Lindy, you are very welcome to join our merry band of losers. :lol:
Our official weigh-in thread is called, Thursday Weigh-In Results for April. That's where we post our results.
There used to be threads for other days of the week but they just went away. You can join us, though.

Don't worry about that small gain. Many things can cause a gain that small. You can do this!!!
Tina

jar1965
04-16-2008, 08:13 PM
Hi girls! Tomorrow is my WI day & I'm not really looking forward to it! I don't feel anything?!?!? haha, does that make sense? Not too mention, no exercise at all. Just a few small walks!:o

Lindy - Welcome - welcome! I hope you enjoy this group of girls as much as I do! They are wonderful!;) Don't worry about that smidgen of a gain! It could even be water retention! It could be gone tomorrow!!!

Hi & hugs out to you Tina, Tammy, Susan & Dori!!!:hug:

Gotta run! I have a ton of things to do! Night girls!

jeanne

bella23
04-16-2008, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the encouragement all. I am extreemly focused on staying on track this week, so we will see. I am going to post my foods so I can stay accountable. I also told on my self over my last week points panic. I am not going to make excuses any more!

Thanks again for the welcome,

Tammy
04-16-2008, 11:34 PM
Tina, maybe your fish and my butterfly could exercise together!! We were able to weigh this morning after class. I have gained 2 pounds since the initial weigh in! I can't believe it. I've been sticking to the calorie limit, and I've gotten more exercise in the past 2 weeks than I have in ages. Maybe some day!!!

Welcome Lindy! I agree with Tina. A small gain will be gone in no time. Glad to have you posting with us!!! I really do think that journaling your foods is a good idea. I've been doing it online, and the instructor for my aerobics class gave us all food/activity logs this morning at class. She wants us to keep track for a week, bring them back in, and she'll look over them and make suggestions.

Jeanne, every time I look at your picture I think of my friend Janice. You could be twins!

For those who have been here a while, you know that I've served on Teams for different Emmaus Walks over the past few years. There is a Women's Walk that starts the 24th of April. I planned to help out at the church over the weekend. Well, our pastor stopped me at church on Sunday and told me that one of the team members had dropped out, and they needed someone to replace her. Guess who? This is the 3rd team that I've subbed for in the past year! I'm already on the July Team as a "real" team member. We start out team meetings on May 3. Every time I am there for a weekend, I feel so renewed spiritually. I've sure come a long way since I went on my original walk in 2001.

Tina
04-16-2008, 11:49 PM
Tammy, I agree with everyone that you might have a muscle weight gain. Hang in there because the pounds will start tumbling off in no time.
Yep, my fish and your butterfly should get together. :lol:
That is great about the Emmaus Walk. Wow, do you have to come up with a speech? You can do it, I'm sure.

Tammy
04-17-2008, 12:48 AM
Tina, I have lucked out! I do have to do a speech. They call them Talks. It is A Life in Piety. Guess what? It is the same one that I gave 3 years ago!!! It is the only one that I have ever given. I pulled it out of my files, made a couple changes, and I'm ready to go!

jar1965
04-17-2008, 04:21 PM
Hi girls! My WI was this morning and I had a 2.2# loss! Yay!

Tammy - diets are goofy! We are up when we think we should be down and down when we think we should be up!?!?!?!?!?
Your friend Janice must be awfully pretty!!!! hahah! I'm being smug and silly of course!
Yay for the Emmaus walk & good thing you saved that speech and could make a few tweeks and have it ready!

Hi Tina, Dori, Susan & Lindy! Hope you guys had a good day! I'm heading home pretty soon & it's 72 degrees and sunny! yippppeee!

Have a good night!
jeanne

auntie
04-17-2008, 11:38 PM
Hi,

What a day!!! We had a field trip today which was neat. All the deaf girls in the metroplex get together once a year for a Summit. There is a guest speaker and lunch. The speaker was the girl from the show "Jericho". She is deaf and comes from a family of deafness.... she is the 4th generation. Pretty cool.

I picked Skinney up yesterday and talked with the vet. I asked him to call me today if he thought we needed to put Skinney down. Just so I could have a heads up for Pat since he is the one that does it. So he called, I knew it was coming. So Pat got home and I broke down in tears.... so much for being strong for him.

Jeanne, way to go on that loss!!!

Lindy, welcome to the group.

I'll write more tomorrow. I'm not really in the mood to chat tonight but wanted to let you know.

jar1965
04-18-2008, 08:18 AM
:hug:awww Susan!:hug: I love my pets almost as much as I love my kids! ;) I'll be thinking of you!

Hi everyone! Have a great healthy productive day!:D
jeanne

Tina
04-18-2008, 10:31 AM
Susan, I am so sorry. It's just not fair. You know that my prayers are with you and Pat.

Tina
04-18-2008, 11:07 AM
Morning all,
I read the title of a thread that was interesting. It was something like, having a scale obsessed day.
Do y'all ever have those? :) I know we aren't supposed to weigh every day. I've known a person who weighed only once a month!
I guess I could be a tiny bit obsessed when I'm trying extra hard to lose. I want to look at that scale every day to be sure I'm not gaining. I tell myself just to wait another day--I usually end up stepping on the scales. :dizzy:

That's my thought and question for the day. :D
Have a good one!

Ladybug2680
04-18-2008, 11:47 AM
Susan - Sorry to hear about your loss. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Not much is happening this way. It's been one heck of a week at school due to standardized testing. I'm glad that today is Friday and there is no testing. Sigh. I hope next week won't be as bad.

Tammy
04-18-2008, 10:55 PM
Jeanne, yes my friend Janice is very pretty!!!

Susan, cool about the field trip! I am soooooooo sorry about Skinney! I was fortunate not having to make that decision.

Tina, I'm pretty obsessed with the scales. I should try to stay away from them because when it shows that I'm up, I can feel it in my mood for the rest of the day.

Dori, one of my friends called the other night. She has taught special education the past couple of years, and this is her first year in a "regular" classroom of 3rd graders. Their testing is in a couple weeks, and she was calling for advice from an "old" teacher. lol She is a year younger than me, but has just started her teaching career. She did other jobs for many years, worked as an aide in a multi-handicapped classroom for several years, and then decided to go to school to get her teaching degree. We knew each other in high school, but we weren't close friends. It is so funny how close we are now many years later.

Tomorrow morning I am going to the last Emmaus Team meeting before the Walk next weekend. Later in the day, we are going to a wedding reception (dinner/dance). The wedding is the 2nd for both of them, so they are having a small family wedding. The reception is for everyone then. Looking forward to it, and I hope Bob is feeling well enough to go.

Tim is involved in Relay for Life at his college this weekend. Hope the rain holds off!!

jar1965
04-19-2008, 09:52 AM
Hi girls! Just checking in to see whats "down"...........;)
I'm off today. I think they are calling for rain later this afternoon, but thats ok. At least it's warm out. I didn't sleep very well last night. Unfortunately this ol' house doesn't have central air and we put window units in. Well, we haven't gotten to that yet and we tried sleeping with the windows up. We, NOT TO MENTION THE DOG, heard every car door, beep, fire truck, you name it............ Oh well! I bet my husband puts those units in today before he leaves for work!! haha! Even just to turn the fan on to block out some of the noise would be nice.
***Did cha all really care about that?*** ;) ha!

Tammy - :o When I read that about your mood when the scales say you have gained..............Oh my goodness..............that is so me! I'm awful!
Have fun at that wedding reception today! Bob? Is that your husband? And, Tim........son, maybe? Sorry for being nosey, but I came into this thread later!;)

Dori - Hi! I'm glad it's friday too! Rest & relax this weekend!

Tina - Hi! I'm going to read that thread when I'm done here!

Hi Lindy..........How's your weekend going?:hug:

Well, I'm going to take my daughter to work and then come home and do something around the house. I also got "all" my exercise dvds out and went through them. NOW TO USE THEM!!!!! :p
jeanne

auntie
04-19-2008, 11:35 AM
Morning,
I seem to be moving in slow motion this morning. Pat has taken the other cat to the vet for shots. I told him "make sure you bring him back alive." Mean huh???? We are now down to 3. For those that are pretty new, we've lost 2 cats, a dog and 2 horses in the past 3 years.

Pat and I were talking the other night after putting Skinney down. Pat said "I guess God wants all of our pets." I said "I think it's our son!!!! He wants them all." I thought that at least makes it a little easier. Pat responded "That is true it is probably that boy who is saying he wants them." :) We have come a long way for him to be able to talk like that.

You will NEVER guess what!!!! All 3 baby guinea pigs are boys!!! So they had to be separated from the mom because at this age, they can get her pregnant. They are now in a separate cage. I have a friend who is taking one today and then 2 other people are taking the other 2 next week. So all the babies will be gone. :( I was hoping for at least one girl so I didn't have to take them all out of the cage.

Jeanne, I always want to write Jeannie :D Bob is Tammy's husband, Tim is her son. Tina's husband is Larry, and son is David. My husband is Pat.

Dori, It must be standardized testing time all over because it is here too. I'm sick of it.

Lindy, how are you doing?

Tina, thanks for your support.

Tammy, have fun at the wedding. Hope Bob wants to go and is feeling well.

auntie
04-19-2008, 11:47 AM
Yes, I am scale obessed. One year my husband hid the scale. He said "Stop weighing yourself all the time." I bought an new one and hid it from him :D I try to weigh every few days. I did let it rule my day but I don't anymore. I just know that I have to do better. I try to tighten things up then.

Wish I was skinny!!! (and not my cat..:D) I plan on being down my 15 pounds by June so I better get in gear!!!!

jar1965
04-20-2008, 09:40 AM
Morning Ladies!! So far the weekend is going pretty good! It's raining here, but mild temps. I have to work today!:( I don't usually work Sundays or many weekends for that matter.....but......I start vacation early Friday, so I had to get my hours in! I'm salary so I kinda work my hours accordingly......like to my lifestyle! Yayyayay..........It's the first time in years that I can do that! My boss is great!

Susan - thats funny buying another scale and hiding it!!! I guess you taught him a lesson!! I'm sure you'll be down that 15# by june!:yes: So many people spell my name Jeannie! It happens so much that I don't even notice anymore! My name is actually pronounced "JEAN", but, no one........ever calls me that! It doesn't even "feel" right! haha!

Tammy - How was the wedding? Was Bob up to going with you?

Well, gotta scoot for now! Hi out there to Tina, Dori, & Lindy!:wave:

Tina
04-20-2008, 03:08 PM
Happy Sunday,
I hope everyone is having a good one.
Jeanne, sorry you have to work today. It is good that you can start your vacation on Friday. :carrot::carrot::carrot: Our son works contract and so he doesn't like it when there are company holidays since he doesn't get paid. :(

Susan, it is so good that Pat is able to talk about Seamus now. That is a real breakthrough and is very healthy for him and you. That's an adorable thought about Seamus wanting the pets with him.:hug::hug:

Dori, how are you doing?

Lindy, did you have a good week? Please post and let us know what's going on with you.

Tammy, I hope you enjoyed the wedding. How is Bob feeling these days? Now, when do you and Tim go on your little vacation? It seems like it's coming up pretty soon? How was the Emmaus meeting?

This coming weekend, we're moving Mother to another assisted living location. The lady from the new place goes to assess Mother tomorrow. We hope she doesn't decide that Mother needs more care than they give. Some days she seems more feeble than other times. Keep your fingers and toes crossed.

Ladybug2680
04-20-2008, 09:54 PM
Things are going good for me. I will be starting my workout program tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it.

I'm in the middle of watching the NBA Playoffs. Not to happy though because my Pistons lost. *sigh* Maybe next time.

Jeanne - Hope your day at work wasn't too bad.

Susan - Haha about buying another set of scales.

Lindy - I hope all is going well. Let us know how things are going with you. Look forward to hearing from you.

Tammy - Can't wait to hear how the wedding and the Emmaus meeting went.

Tammy
04-20-2008, 10:42 PM
Hmmm. I typed a message earlier today, and it isn't here. Wonder what I said?? lol

Jeanne, I have a cousin who spells her name the same way, and it is also pronounced Jean. I have some exercise videos that I could dust off also. I did get out the Yoga one, but it hasn't made it anywhere yet. Yes, Bob is my hubby (of almost 27 years) and Tim is our son (20 years old).

Susan, I'm glad to hear that Pat is talking about Seamus. I agree with Tina that it is a good thing for both of you. Hilarious about buying another scale. I could do that easily and hide it in the 2nd bath.

Tina, I hope things work out for you mother. It has to be so hard on all of you.

Dori, I think Bob was flipping between channels in the other room, so he is probably watching some of the game.

The Emmaus meeting went well. Everyone welcomed me except one woman who was very stand-offish. I mentioned to her that she looked familiar and wondered if she had volunteered at the radio station where I did. She gave me a "look", and then she said I didn't look familiar to her at all, and then she turned around and walked away. I'm not used to that. My goal is to be very friendly to her over the weekend. We had a light breakfast while we were there, and then when I was on the way home, my stomach started rumbling. To make a long story short, we didn't go to the reception. I was afraid to get too far from the bathroom. I was sooooooooooo disappointed! Today I have felt better, but I am really watching the foods.

Tina, we leave early morning on May 5. Tim gets home sometime on the 3rd after they get everyone out of the dorm. Since it's the end of the year, the RA's have to check the rooms when each person checks out.

Two of Bob's nieces (one from Chicago, one from Tampa) will be here on May 2, so they'll miss seeing Tim. I thought maybe he could get away for a couple hours, but with checkout there is no way.

Step aerobics in the morning and water aerobics tomorrow night. Looking forward to them! My butterfly will move one of these years. I have to be calm about not losing right now, because I do believe that the exercise is helping me to tone up. I can tell a difference in my clothes already.

jar1965
04-22-2008, 01:09 PM
Hi ladies! Oh my goodness........it is a beautiful day here!:D I thrive on sunshine & warmth! I have issues (mild depressions) during the winter months!:(

Anyways...........I'm posting quickly so I'll get to personals tonight or tom. morning.........but I just wanted to say hi and remind you how much you gals mean to me! Yay!!! I'm so glad I found you!;)

Gotta scoot! For those of you with sunshine today..........enjoy it!

Hugs~
jeanne

Tina
04-22-2008, 01:40 PM
Hi all,
It's a beautiful day here, too. I can't believe it but they say it's going up to 87 today! Texas warm weather is here. I love it!

Jeanne, I'll bet it's been crazy in your state with the all that's going on, leading up to today.
I love your enthusiam for being healthy. You add a lot to our group. :)

Tammy, how is your exercising going?
Dori, please explain your workout program. Would I be able to do it? :lol:
Susan, how are you, my friend? How many more days until end of school?
Maureen, are you still out there reading? We'd love to hear a peep out of you. :D

Tammy
04-22-2008, 10:44 PM
Jeanne, it's been a beautiful day here too! 77 degrees this afternoon. I like that!!

Tina, the classes are going well. I am not overdoing it. Modifying almost everything, but slowly trying to do more. Does that make sense?

I'm still journaling the foods and drinking plenty of water. The scales are the same! This is the 3rd week of the classes, and I am staying OP with the calories. My clothes are fitting better, so I need to remember that when I step on the scales when they don't change.

Tina
04-23-2008, 10:46 PM
How is everyone doing?
Tammy, that's great about your clothes fitting better. That's such a super feeling. You know you're really accomplishing something. Your butterfly will be flying away.
Susan, how are you doing?

Jeanne, you should've been here today. The sun was shining.
Dori, how are your Pistons doing? I'm not keeping up with it very well. My Rockets didn't start out very good. I don't have much hope. We really miss Yao Ming.

Well ladies, I've been making great food choices this week--except for that chocolate cupcake this afternoon. I have my physical in the morning. I can't wait to get that done with. My blood pressure always goes up when I have to wait. Fortunately, my dr. understands that. (The nurse always gives me fits, though.)
We will be moving my mother this Saturday morning. Of course, she has no idea what will be happening. She'll be so confused and upset. We got all the paperwork signed this afternoon.
Good luck at weigh-in!
:spin:

auntie
04-24-2008, 12:06 AM
Hi,
We are having a big program tomorrow night at school. Actually, a friend and I are putting it on for the deaf ed program. It's from a grant we wrote and won in the fall.

Pat and I went for a long walk tonight. I thought we were going to end up getting divorced. He does not make a good trainer nor is he very patient. Duh!!! Like that is a surprise to me! He has good intentions but I don't walk as fast as he does. It was REALLY hard!

Tina, I know you are stresses over your mother's move. It might be hard at first but she will settle in. Just take care of yourself.

Tammy, when is your walk? Wish I could do it with you!! What fun we would have! :)

Jeanne, how was work? You always make me smile!!

Better head to bed. Tomorrow is a long day for me so I'll post on Friday.

Hugs to ya'll!

jar1965
04-24-2008, 07:40 AM
G'morning ladies!
Well, this is my first Thursday WI with a gain in 3 weeks! Yep :( 1.2#!!! I'm blaming it on the week before my period. It is worse for me than my actual period week!!! Anyways.........I did make some bad choices this week. I've been sucked in by coconut gems! I love the darn things! The problem is, I ate a ton of them this past week. Along with many other "things"!!
My husband and I are on vacation starting friday! We are only doing some small day trips and working around the house. Spring Cleaning! At least I won't be at the candy store! One of these days I'll take a couple of pictures and let you guys see just how "MISERABLE" (hahahahahh) my job really is!

Susan - Hi! Good luck with your program at school tonight! A friend of mine has a grandaughter who is 3 and they have been teaching her sign lanuage since birth!!! She is so cute! I think that sign language should be offered as a speech in high schools!

Tina - Let us know how your physical was! I also get high blood pressure waiting for my doctors appointments! And good luck getting your mom moved on Saturday. I'll be saying a prayer for you to help her with the confusion and change.:hug:

Tammy - wooohoooo! You are noticing the change in how your clothes fit!?!?!? Isn't that a great feeling! Have a great day today!

PS - Tina - the state of PA...........you were referring to the XXXX, weren't you? Well, XXXXXXXX.

Tammy
04-24-2008, 09:19 AM
Tina, I want a chocolate cupcake right now!

Susan, the Relay for Life is in July. My Emmaus Walk starts later today and ends on Sunday night. I won't be on here till Sun. night or Monday.

Jeanne, that weight will be gone soon!

You guys behave while I'm gone!!

Tina
04-25-2008, 10:36 AM
Happy Friday,
Susan, how was the program?
Tammy, I know you're giving a good talk.
Jeanne, have a super vacation.
Dori, keep up with that exercise program.
How's everyone else doing?????

I got a good report from the doctor. Boy, they took enough of my blood for testing! 3 vials of the stuff
He said my pressure was way up there but to just check it once a month and be sure the top number stays below 135. (It's always around 122.)

We've got everything ready for Mother's move tomorrow. I've been stress eating and I've got to stop that. Yesterday I went to the bakery and bought a slice of jelly roll. It was a big piece and I ate 3/4 of it. Then, I bought cupcakes for dessert last night. Fortunately they were small and I just ate one. This morning, I feel so fat. Help!!!!!

auntie
04-25-2008, 11:54 PM
Hi,
Hope everyone is doing good. Pat and I went for a long walk again tonight. He said he wants to go take a long hiking trip (like when he went to Kilamenjaro). He wants me to go with him. I hope he isn't planning on doing it soon :)

Did I tell you I fell when when we were walking the other night? Well my toe has been hurting. My toe nail is coming off. It's killing me!!!

Tina, the program was great!! I wish I was there to give you a hug. You need to take care of yourself. Things will settle down once you get your mother moved.

Tammy, hope you are having a good time on your walk! I know your speech will be wonderful.

Jeanne, Vacations starts today right? What are you going to do?

Dori, how are you doing?

jar1965
04-26-2008, 09:30 PM
Hi sweet friends!!!!!
I'm outta here...................
haha! Yes, vacation started yesterday at 4:00 p.m. Bob and I are leaving sunday morning for a few days! My in-laws are staying here with the kids! They are old enough to stay alone, but I'd like them to both be alive when we get home........if ya know what I mean!;)

Susan - ooch! Sorry about that toe! I hope it heals fast! Good job walking!

Tina - big hugs! I'm sure you'll feel better when you get your mom settled in! Glad to hear that your doctors appt. went well!

Tammy - thanks for the support! And..........I can't wait to get back and hear all about the walk this weekend!

If I missed anyone - I'm sorry! I'm trying to hurry, so my husband can get on here and finish up some stuff before we leave in the a.m.!!!!!
Have a great weekend and I'll talk to you Weds. Take care!:hug:
jeanne

Tina
04-27-2008, 11:35 PM
Hi,
Well, we got Mother moved in without much hassle.
She was ready to go home by the afternoon, though. We went and ate lunch with her today. She seemed more settled today. I hope it stays that way. With her mind the way it is, no telling what she's thinking. (I didn't know how horrible strokes mess up people.)

Thank all of you for your continued support. It really helps to read such nice things. I'm going to get back OP starting tomorrow. :)

maureen kempster
04-28-2008, 09:35 AM
Good morning all-yes, it's really me!!! It's been forever since I've been here-I've just been busy still working 2 jobs and not following program-since november I've gained 8 lbs and I'm so determined to get back on program-I went to a saturday morning meeting and I think that will work out a bit better(don't work anywhere on saturday)I see there are some new members now-hello everyone-let's see, since I've been here last I went to Ottawa for Christmas and I just got back last week after being in Belfast Northern Ireland for 11 days-I never went overseas before so it was great- so if you ladies don't mind I'll be here every day just to say hello and try to keep on program-
maureen

Tina
04-28-2008, 11:15 AM
:dancer: Maureen :welcome3:
We are so happy to have you back.
Wow, Belfast, what an interesting place to visit.
Don't worry about those 8 pounds. We're here to encourage you.

auntie
04-28-2008, 11:12 PM
Hi,
:welcome: Maureen!!! We've missed you! 8 pounds since Nov. isn't bad. Just hang in there! I would love to go to Ireland...... some day!!

Tina, Big Hugs!!! :hug: I know this has been very hard on you getting your mother moved and settled. I agree with you about strokes being hard on a person..... the entire family!

Tammy, I'm sending you happy thoughts! Hope your walk is going great!

Jeanne, I know you are on vacation. Hope you are having a blast!

Ok get this..... I put a down payment on a new Russian Blue kitten. Didn't I say "I wanted a BLACK cat???" Well, I really want another Russian Blue. Ever since Oksana died over a year ago, I've wanted another cat. Then with Skinney dying.... I mentioned I wanted one and Pat said "DO it" I contacted the lady that we got Oksana from..... needless to say I am getting a little male, he is 4 days old. I'll get to see him in 6 weeks and get him in 8 weeks. I'll be out of school! YIPPEE!!!!

Tina
04-28-2008, 11:31 PM
Susan, thank you a bunch for the hugs!!!!!
A new kitty----what a wonderful thing for you. Have you thought of a name yet?

I stayed OP today. Tomorrow, I'll start back exercising.

Tammy and Dori, how are y'all doing?

auntie
04-28-2008, 11:41 PM
Tina,
No name for the kitty yet. Guess I'll have to meet him first.... Pat is the animal namer around here. He always says "The names come to me" I'll probably let him name it but I'll get the final decision.

maureen kempster
04-30-2008, 09:44 AM
Good morning all-well day #4 on program and so far I'm doing okay-I'm writing everything down, drinking my water etc-I feel more positive this time-it's raining here this morning hopefully it'll clean up the streets etc. Well, I should earn my keep here and get back to work-just wanted to check in. Have a great day

maureen

Ladybug2680
04-30-2008, 10:33 AM
Not doing to well. I've been eating almost everything I can get my hands on and won't eat me first. :o I think I'm up to my original starting weight, but won't know for sure until tomorrow morning when I weigh in. Sigh. I got up this morning and have decided it's a new day and I need to get right back on the wagon. I really can't afford to put anymore weight on my 4'10" frame.:?:

Tammy
04-30-2008, 11:48 AM
Hello Ladies! The Emmaus Walk was amazing. God was definitely in the house! The women at my table were fun to be around. One was a bit of a challenge, but I think it was ok. My talk went well. I was nervous when I first started, but then I calmed down.

Tina, glad to hear you received a good report from your doctor. Getting your mother moved is a relief, I'm sure.

Susan, I don't think I would want to do Pat's hiking trip. Cool about getting a new kitty!!

Jeanne, vacations are wonderful! Tim and I leave Monday very early for Disney.

Maureen!! Glad that you came out of hiding. Ireland sounds wonderful!! Good for you for being on program! I have been writing everything down too. I do think it makes a difference.

Dori, here is some willpower to help you out! It is a new day!!! Let's do this!!

I had step aerobics this morning. What a workout!! I can't go to water aerobics tonight because we are going to pick up some of Tim's things that won't fit in his car when he comes home late Saturday. I can't believe another year is done for him!!

Tina
04-30-2008, 12:07 PM
Morning to all,
Tammy, it's great to have you back here!!! I'm glad the Walk went well. Why on earth is there always one person who wants to "be difficult" especially at such an event! It doesn't make sense. What kinds of food were served? (Have to ask such important questions. :lol:)

Dori, we all have days, weeks, even years like this. I'm so proud of you saying this is a new day and you can do this. Focus on today and let the rest of the week follow.

Susan, maybe I need Pat to walk with me. :)

Maureen, I could use some of your rain for my gardens. I want to plant some bell and jalapeno peppers but am too lazy to get the soil ready.

My doctor told me to lose 10 pounds and I'm on my way. I think I'll redo my fish tracker.
Jeanne, I hope you're having a great vacation.
Where are our other members?

Tammy
04-30-2008, 04:59 PM
Tina, the woman at our table complained about all of the speakers we had, she didn't want to discuss any of it, she was very touchy-feely with another woman at the table and the 2nd woman was VERY uncomfortable which I don't blame her at all.

Our food was quite a variety. Breakfasts were way more than I usually eat. Sausage and potato/cheese casserole one day, bacon and french toast another day, lunches were usuallly salads, soups, fresh fruits and vegies. Thursday night there was a carry in so I could make smart choices, Friday I didn't eat because I felt queasy before my talk (I did munch on some things later), Sat. night we had ham, sweet potatoes, green beans, salad, and peach crisp.

I've redone my tracker so many times, I don't even know what I'd do to it anymore except maybe add to the 66 at the end. Not sure that I'll be where I want to be IF I ever get there. I have still not lost any weight. I talked to the aerobics instructor about it this morning. She keeps telling me to give it time. Muscle is building! I know the clothes are fitting better, but I sure want the scales to change.

auntie
04-30-2008, 10:48 PM
Yea!!!! We are almost all here!!!

Ok confession time!! I bought a bag of Combos (pretzel/cheese thingys). I actually bought 2 bags. Well, I looked on the bag tonight just to see how many calories.... there were 7 servings and each serving had 130 calories. OOPS!!!! I ate the WHOLE bag!!!!! I told my sister and we got to laughing so hard hopefully I burned some of those calories.

Can you say "ready for summer!!!" I am so ready!!!! Standardized testing is going on here. My kids don't have to take it but it still affects us by changing the schedule, etc...... for 2 days, I've had no break at all!

Maureen, good for you for writing everything down.

Dori, YES it is a new day!!! So way to go starting off. Pick one thing to concentrate on. I seem to not be able to do it all at once. I tend to over do it and then screw up...... so now I just pick one thing to work on at a time.

Tammy, I'm glad you had a great time. I know your talk was excellent!!! You and Tim have a blast at Disney and give Mickey a hug for me.

Tina, how are you doing?

Jeanne, how was your trip?

Tammy
04-30-2008, 11:16 PM
Susan, I definitely laughed about the Combos! They are so good, aren't they?
Testing has been going on here this week too. I hated those weeks because the schedules were a zoo! We went to Muncie to pick up some of Tim's stuff tonight. We took he and his gf to Wendy's for supper. It was good to visit with them a bit. We are soooooo looking forward to Disney! If I see Mickey, I'll give him a hug.

Bob's nieces (one from Tampa, one from Chicago) will be here on Friday. Tomorrow we will be cleaning and straightening things up around here. Oh boy! We are looking forward to seeing them.

jar1965
05-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Hi everyone!!!!!:hug:
Vacation................Urgh.........I'm tired! haha! I have to go back to work to get some rest & routine again! We we have done nothing but eat out! Sunday/Monday we went to the casino in Erie Pa. *Which may I add, I'm tight with my cash........so I spent $60 and WON $257.00 on the penny slots~! Yay! Hubby.....lost! lost! lost! Tuesday/Weds. we went out east to Harrisburg for some "unique" toy shopping so to speak. My husband is a Star Wars collector........vintage & new. So, we run to a lot of unusual places looking for the stuff! Today..........hmmmmmm, slept in and ate a "normal" breakfast. Weighed in - :( no loss - no gain! I'm ok with that, considering all the snacking on our road trips! I think we are doing "jeanne stuff" today......maybe some mall shopping for some new summer clothes. I love the plus section at Macy's (when I have a coupon or gift card.....I yi yi.....pricey - otherwise) and I'd like to go to Avenue?!?!?! Never been there but heard its great!
Oh - on my vacation I have also had time to read Confessions of a Carb Queen. Has anyone else read it? The verdict is out for me......I actually found myself depressed and disgusted with the first 1/2 of the book. I really think I put myself in "her" shoes! **Which** made me not like myself or something. Too hard to explain!:o

Susan - Hi! I love combos too! That was a funny story and of course I wouldn't have checked out the serving size/calorie count until I ate the entire bag too!;) yay about the new kitty!

Maureen - Welcome back and it is so nice to meet you!

Dori - hi!:hug: You CAN DO IT!

Tammy - I'm so glad the walk went well & your speech too!;) Also, I'm glad you gals didn't let the one get you down! Disney - yippeee, have a great time. We are going there in September! You can give me the highlights to check out!

Tina - Hi! How is your mom adjusting to the move? I hope things are going well for you! You'll drop that 10# in no time! Stay focused!;)

Well, if I want to get some jeanne time in - I better get off of here! Glad to be back and so glad everyone is having a good week!
jeanne

maureen kempster
05-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Hello again(can you believe it-3 days here in a row!!)-Hi Jeanne-pleased to meet you too-I'm on day 5 and still journalizing etc-doing pretty good-do you want a good laugh? on saturday I took 2 pictures of myself(with the timer)just in my underwear-this is incentive enough to keep me on program-trust me no one will ever see these pics-just want to remind myself of how much i want to get to goal weight!!! my sister and I are planning on going on a vegetarian cruise next april-I'm looking forward to that-any way have a great day on program and this time I'm sticking around
maureen

Tina
05-01-2008, 03:56 PM
Hi there,
Jeanne, your vacation sounds great. I like the idea of having a day just for "Jeanne."
Maureen, you are so funny! I would never take such photos. :lol: There's always a possiblity they might get looked at. :lol: You sound like you're doing fantastically. Wow, a vegetarian cruise. That sounds interesting. However, I'm not a soy person. Yuck! :)

Someone I know is having a birthday very soon. Her name begins with a "T"

Tammy
05-03-2008, 08:49 PM
Jeanne, we have an Avenue near here. I've only been there once, but I purchased several nice things.

Maureen, I would be too scared to take pictures of myself in my undies.

Tina, and that birthday person will be celebrating it at Disney World!!! Woo hoo!!

Tim will be home tonight about midnight. I know tomorrow will be crazy getting things ready to go. We have to be at the airport about 4:00 AM on Monday. Way too early for me, but at least when we get to Orlando before 11, we'll have quite a bit of time to hit the parks. Not sure I'll be on tomorrow, so everyone have a great week!!

maureen kempster
05-05-2008, 08:16 AM
Good morning all-still sticking to program made some choices this weekend that even surprised me!! still journalizing which I think really helps-just wanted to check in before going to work-have a super day everyone

maureen

Ladybug2680
05-05-2008, 11:05 AM
Still struggling this way, but determined to get better.

Tina
05-05-2008, 11:57 AM
sounds like a lot of determined people out there! :) Me too!

Tina
05-05-2008, 11:58 AM
Everyone go to the May thread now! :)