South Beach Diet - Weekend Beach Blanket Bingo Chick Chat

CyndiM
04-05-2008, 05:39 AM
and now you know why I should never be allowed to start the daily thread ;)

I'm up and getting ready for an early morning waterfowl walk so had to say good morning!

I've got the coffee on - come on in :)

femmecreole
04-05-2008, 06:02 AM
Morning Cyndi!!! No Beach Blanket for me...it is storming here...has been thundering and lightening all night long and under a tornado watch. I got up at 3 to get work done just in case the power goes out. Not complaining about the water though...my big magnolia tree in the front was looking kind of droppy in the leaves, so this torrent is just what it needed to get water down to the roots. Hope it does let up later on so I can go to the grocery store. I was going to go yesterday afternoon, but had a tiny little mole removed, then was too lazy to go "big shopping" and just picked up a couple of things at the organic store across the street from the restaurant we went to after the dr. appt.

Oh, and Zeffryn...you asked where other La'ians were from on another thread yesterday. I'm from N.O. but have lived on the northshore for years. Came here (Hammond) to go to college and never left. Believe it or not, my husband and I went to your area for our honeymoon! (second marriage for me) He was teaching at the time and was taking a class during the summer, so we only had 2.5 days...so we decided to go stay at Chretian Point Plantation. Funny story...when we got there it was storming and the electricity had gone out...so we decided to go out and eat. We went to Enola Prudhomme's and the power was out, but they had gas stoves, so we could eat even though it was hot as hades with no air condition. We were waiting for our food and all of a sudden heard a huge uproar from the kitchen...all kinds of yelling and screaming. A few minutes later, the waitress brought the food out for the table next to ours. The guy looked at his food and said "This isn't what I ordered". Enola came out of the kitchen at the same time (not in a good mood) and told the guy "Eat it anyway, you'll like it!". (for those not from here, she is chef Paul's sister) We left and went to Prejeans which was fantastic as always. It was a great honeymoon! The guy who owned Chretien Point at the time told us that the pool was very dark at night that was next to the bayou, so skinny dipping could go unnoticed if we wanted to sneak out late at night. Before it got dark, he brought a bottle of wine out to the pool and the 3 of us drank the whole thing...had a blast.

Ruthxxx
04-05-2008, 06:35 AM
A single bottle and three people? Amateurs! :lol: Sorry but I could not resist, Cat!

Cindy, I'm still trying to figure out your title. Nice to have two smiles in two posts.

Was hoping to be able to change my darned ticker down today but Rob and John came down last night with a pizza for supper. It was snowing and they knew I'd have the woodstove on so invited themselves. I whipped up a salad and uncorked some wine and we had a good time. Hershey feasted on pizza crusts. The scale was up this morning but I know it's water weight so am leaving my ticker.

I've no idea what today will bring. Right now it's too foggy to even see the meadow. I suspect it'll be rain this morning which is managing to shrink the snow piles. It's also contributing to the side yard lake :shrug:

Have a great Saturday and let me know if you figure out BBB in our title. :lol: (Why do I visualize wild college kids on March break in Lauderdale?)

femmecreole
04-05-2008, 06:54 AM
Ruth said: "A single bottle and three people? Amateurs! :lol: Sorry but I could not resist, Cat!"

ah, but there was gin involved before and after the wine. Lucky I didn't drown later on.

Keep dry Miss Ruth!!!!

cottagebythesea
04-05-2008, 07:18 AM
:coffee: (thanks, Cyndi) Good morning everybody,

I'm more interested in the fact that first he told you about the dark pool, then he brought out the wine! ;) Well?????? Did you go skinny-dipping, Cat? :D

Ruth, your evening sounded fun and cozy. We had pizza for supper, too, but mine was ww on a very thin crust. I'm glad your snow has turned to rain for today. :)

Cyndi, enjoy your walk this morning! I've always wondering what, exactly, is Beach Blanket Bingo?

Nothing exciting here today. I was hoping that Caitlyn would want to come see us today, but she's more interested in seeing her boyfriend than seeing us. :( Monica asked me to go to their house for the weekend, but I just feel like spending a quiet weekend with Jake. As soon as he gets ready, we're going to go have a little breakfast at Panera's, then do a shop at Trader Joe's.

jandaman
04-05-2008, 07:25 AM
good morning!

nothing much going on here, we have got company over and now strewn about the living room trying to recover from last night's karaoke madness;) weather is wintery. sigh.

cyndi: good on you for getting ur exercise on! i am more of a couch potato today

cat: hope the weather permits ur errand running..and..wow! tornados!

ruth: here's fingers crossed on the snow melting w/o flashflooding and can i still get onto the april weightloss list? i must've seen it too late. if possible please put me down for 4lbs. thanx! ;)

and back to the couch for me, co-cola and aspirin well within reach ;)
have a great saturday chicas!

femmecreole
04-05-2008, 07:43 AM
Cottage re the skinny dipping...well of course I did...I was skinny then! The funny thing is that we were "dipping" about 2 in the morning and saw something moving around out in the dark...the "thing" ended up stolling over to the edge of the pool..it was a possum. yukky things. I made sure my husband had scared it off before I got out of the pool. Those things are vicious!

Ruthxxx
04-05-2008, 07:52 AM
Possums! We don't have them up here - yet! I've seen several as road kill on trips to the Startes. Yicky critters!

Cat, as long as gin was also involved, I take back my amateur quip.

Gotcha, Jandaman, and have updated the Weightloss post. A speed recovery from last night's indulgences.

The fog has burned off and it's gloriously sunny! :sunny: Sure lifts the spirits. :) :) :)

FluffyK
04-05-2008, 07:56 AM
Good morning everyone. Had a bad plan day yesterday, but back on track today thanks to a cranky gut. I don't think I'll be able to fall off the wagon for very long anymore.

Got lots of running to do today, so have to fly.

Kara - where'd you get Tom for your husband anyway?

Loriann7
04-05-2008, 08:02 AM
Cat, thats too funny a story! Me, I don't drink, but when I was a child I used too... (not heavy, just to be with the crowd). I'll never forget my first taste of a "screwdriver"....

I don't recall how many of us nine kids went sledding that beautiful winters day in Lockport, but I DO know my older brother Johnny brought along several huge bottles of screwdrivers. I must of been, hhmm.... 11 or so. (I'd been drunk before this, just my first time with this mix drink.) (yes, we were terrible kids, and oh, wait, most of them still are!) Anyway... I took a chug, went for a slide down the hill, came back up and guzzed, i mean guzzed some more, and this continued till it was gone... and I believe I polished two of those babies myself, if not more. By the time mom picked me up I couldn't even walk. So she dragged me into the hospital after I told her it was from sledding. I kid you not folks, she asked the doc what was wrong with me... the dr said "Lady, can't you smell it? she's drunk!!!!!!" At some point during all this the dr asked me when my last period had been, I replied (and not making this up)... "The other orange juice" hehehehehehe

Now if I have a teeny glass of wine i feel it! ;)

I miss my brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

femmecreole
04-05-2008, 08:49 AM
Loriann...I love that story!

I had a very good friend that lived in Lockport. He had been my next door neighbor here for years. He moved to Lockport for his job at the same time we got transferred to Olympia, Wa. for a year. He was a great guy. Met a wonderful girl there, got married, and a few years lady when their second child was close to being born, he died of lung cancer (never smoked).

ladybugnessa
04-05-2008, 08:59 AM
i am out the door to go get a bike in new jersey (free recumbent bike)

but i had to drop in and tell you all:

weight this morning 222.8 LOWEST WEIGHT ON THE BEACH ever. LOWEST weight in about 10 years!

Kim_Star060404
04-05-2008, 09:21 AM
Congrats, Nessa!

Thanks, Cyndi for starting us up! :coffee: What type of waterfowl did you get to see?

Cat: Great stories! (Although the one with the gentleman with cancer was sad :() Hope you have a wonderful day and that it stays safe for you. Tornadoes are not necessary for watering magnolias!

Ruth: I'm so glad that you enjoyed your pizza and wine. I hope you have a great day today!

cottage: Hope you have a good day in spite of not seeing Caitlyn. Enjoy your day with Jake!!

janda: Sounds like karaoke was a blast for you all! I hope you have a nice, peaceful Saturday - if that's what you want today! ;) Enjoy your company!

Krystal: Enjoy your running around today - and I hope your stomach recovers quickly!

Loriann: What a great story! I didn't drink until I turned 21, so no funny stories like that for me! Thanks for the laugh. Enjoy your day!

Me: Well, DH and I got the house reorganized which meant moving furniture around in my office/workout/craft room to accommodate our full-sized bed. I had to lose my recliner, but I don't mind too much. We'll just sell it at our yard sale this summer. But, our room is ready with the bed frame set up already, so I'm very happy about that. With all the moving around yesterday, I figured it would be dumb not to dust and vacuum, so now I only have the bathroom, kitchen and living rooms to clean this morning.

Other than that, just some errands planned; post office, bank, get mattress and a relaxing weekend. Hope you all have a good day!

~Kim

Schmoodle
04-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Good morning chicks. Sorry I haven't been around much the last couple of days. Very busy with work and dealing with stressful and annoying home issues. It hasn't been the greatest couple of days, and this weekend not much to look forward to except cleaning, laundry, and finishing taxes, budgeting, bookkeeping, etc. Oh, and groceries, woo-hoo. BUT on the up side, I have been visited this morning by the whoosh fairy! About time. I wonder if this is my pattern now - no loss for a while, then whoosh? Anybody else have this? DH and I were talking about it this morning - where does it go? I haven't done much "bathroom celebrating" and I wasn't great on my water yesterday so not a lot of peeing. When we burn fat it's converted to energy. So did I just radiate off 3 lbs. worth of energy yesterday? So anyway, may I say, hello 180's, it's been a looooong time since I've seen you! 10 years at least.

good morning Cyndi, a waterfowl walk sounds so fun!
Ruth I'm sorry about your water issue. I'm sure it will be down for you too soon. I'll send the fairy your way if I can.
Cat, oh yes, the skinny-dipping days, I remember them well! But you ARE skinny now, you still could! Maybe if you get enough gin...
jan, sounds like a fun night!
Hi Fluff! Have a great day!
LoriAnn, that's quite a story, no wonder you don't drink anymore!
Hooray Nessa, we got visited at the same time! That fairy was busy last night!
Kim, wish my house was Kimberly clean right now.:( DD and her friend trashed the living room last night. Little do they realize, they will be spending the weekend cleaning their rooms, and it will probably take most of the weekend!

Hope all you chicks have a great day!

Loriann7
04-05-2008, 10:25 AM
THANKS GUYS... Yeah, Johnny was an instigator... from the day I was born (literally!)... I was born on Dec 19, 1969, John's fifth birthday Dec 19, 1964. When mom brought me home she handed me to Johnny and said "Happy Birthday." He looked at me, put his hands on his hips and proclaimed in that insistent five year old demand voice, "I asked for a truck! SEND HER BACK!" and stomped off!!!!!!!

OH the memories... We were crossing the trestle over the Eerie Canal in Lockport, just months after a dear family friend drowned in the very same canal, to buy mom a mother's day present. five of the older kids were in front, Johnny right in front of me with me bringing up the rear. I had a feeling and didn't want to cross the trestle, but they insisted. Half way across the canal a train came from behind, causing everyone to run to the other end.. Everyone, that is, accept Johnny! He just kept walking, whistling! I couldn't run back, the train was too close! Finally, he ran. of course, being 5 years my senior he could run "just a tad" bit faster! I think I was around 7 at this point, but my little legs have NEVER run that fast since! I finally jumped into the dirt bank at the end just in time to feel the train rush past (of course the conductor was blowing the whistle). Has anyone seen "stand by me?" Talk about flash back as I sat in the movie theatre!!!!

(can ya tell i'm in a rare mood?)

CyndiM
04-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Cyndi, enjoy your walk this morning! I've always wondering what, exactly, is Beach Blanket Bingo?

I have no idea! Something about Saturday at the Beach just made me think of that silly 50s movie title. Never seen the movie but it makes me smirk. Also, I hadn't had coffee yet ;)

The walk was quieter this year because we still have so much cold. We stayed for about 2/3 of the walk/drive then my neck got cranky and that was that.

LoriAnn - must be NY thing - we were getting into those screwdrivers pretty early too.

cottagebythesea
04-05-2008, 12:57 PM
What a scary story, Lorianne, you were certainly lucky that day! Coming from an "old country" traditional Italian family, I grew up with wine served at practically every meal. Maybe that's why none of us kids ever got into over-indulging. :dunno:

Scmoodle and Nessa! Congratulations!!!!!! You've both worked hard at this and certainly deserve to see such good results! :)

The kids decided there was no such thing as me having a "quiet" day. ;) Since I didn't feel like going to Monica's for the weekend, she asked if we could keep Carley until tomorrow, and is bringing her out later this afternoon. Of course, Amber wants to come over, too, so it'll be like a slumber party here! Good thing I went out and did my shopping earlier! :)

Barb0522
04-05-2008, 04:29 PM
I've been at the Robotics competition all day. The team that Brian was on did really well. 19 out of 38 teams. This was their first year competing and some of these schools have competed for years. The other team from our school didn't get any points and ended up in last place but they tried really hard and kept their spirits up.

Brian is with his dad now and I'll get him soon. Robert did agree to drop him off for the campout next weekend. I hope he does it. And I found another one of the dads (from Robotics and scouts) who can do it is Robert falls through.

I got the paperwork for the social study. I've got to start filling that out and then I go for the orientation and interview on the 15th. I hope that goes well since that will determine custody. I know I have nothing to worry about but I worry just the same.

cottagebythesea
04-05-2008, 08:03 PM
:hug: Barb. One day this will be all behind you, but in the meantime it must be terribly stressful. It's good that you have a lot of friends whom you can depend on for back-up. Just make sure you are seeing to your needs, too.

Ruthxxx
04-06-2008, 06:44 AM
Looks like another spring-like day is going to happen. The lake in the dog yard has formed and did not freeze overnight so Hershey gets wet paws for a while. When it drains away, it'll be mud which is more of a problem.

Church at 8:30, coffee afterwards and then the day will be mine again. I will work in a Harry visit late afternoon and am going to try for a wee village walk with my poor neglected dog. Hersh has really gained weight since Lucy died - the two of them used to run around in the yard chasing squirrels, robins and each other. Now Hersh just sits or sleeps on the deck and dreams of the good old days.

Have a restful Sunday!

cottagebythesea
04-06-2008, 07:04 AM
It's dark, dreary, and raining here. :( At least it's good for the flowers. I noticed yesterday that my PJM rhododendrens are getting ready to bloom.
I'm enjoying a quiet cup of coffee before everyone is up. Then we'll get ready to go for breakfast and a stop at Dad's to wish him a happy birthday. I have to think what to make for dinner today, too, since everyone will be here.

Get ready for muddy-paws days, Ruth!

CyndiM
04-06-2008, 07:45 AM
Good morning :cofdate:

Ruth - You're finally getting spring weather! I know you and Hersh will enjoy your walk.
I just realized that I can't see any snow when I look out my little window. I'm sure if I look out the other window I will, but I think I'll just look out this one ;)

Cottage - at lest this time of year we know the rain really does lead to good things like flowers blooming :)

Nothing exciting here today. Yesterday was play day and today is cleaning day. That should be fun. We canceled our house cleaner this week because it stresses the cat out. At least I can break up the cleaning with a nice long walk outside.

I got a new bike yesterday! I don't have it at home yet but I did buy one. I'm so excited. I'm going to trade some of the boring inside exercise for bike rides around the neighborhood.

Well, I guess I can't put it off any longer. Off to clean. Have a good day Chicks!

ladybugnessa
04-06-2008, 08:02 AM
Happy Sunday!! it's raining. I'm meeting a friend for coffee this morning.

Yesterday was another clean eating day! today will be too! I'd like 90 clean days in a row!

we got the bike but it's still in the van... a nice recumbent bike.
we ate out and I did great then we came home and i had chinese food but i had them make mine with extra light sauce no cornstarch... it was perfect... and i used brown rice.

today is cleaning and laundry too!

have a great sunday folks.

Barb0522
04-06-2008, 08:50 AM
It looks like it will be a nice Sunday. I'm stuck working from home from 7 - 4:45 today but I will be able to take a break to drop Brian at Sunday school. So far it looks like the upgrade went well so it may be quiet and I can get other stuff done while working the command center.

CyndiM
04-06-2008, 08:55 AM
Hey Nessa - I almost forgot.... :bravo::cp:

I'm going to do a little more reading about the Beck program. Now that I'm looking toward maintenance I need a long term strategy that includes more than food. I didn't get to my high weight because I didn't know what healthy food choices are, I got there because for me eating is a lot more complicated than just the things I put on my plate. What do you think of the Beck program so far?

thanks!

FluffyK
04-06-2008, 10:23 AM
Beautiful day here, going to plant some trees and work outside. aaaah, spring.

tomandkara
04-06-2008, 10:24 AM
Busy weekend here! I haven't read all of the posts but wanted to check in. We went to see "Horton" yesterday with my parents and sister and niece and it was very cute! Then Kadyn slept over at my parents and Avery kept getting out of the house (front AND back doors) so I couldn't get on the computer, lest I be distracted. Now we've got church in a couple minutes, lunch with my grandparents, a bit of grocery shopping, and a stop at Target for on-sale shoes for the kids. Whew!

Krystal, Tom's full name is Ian Thomas. He's a junior. Both he and his dad go by Tom! Isn't that funny?! Evidently, his parents intended to call him "Ian" but his mom said it sounded like such a grown up name for a little baby, so they went with "Tom". He's still "Tommy" (to distinguish from his dad) when he's back home, which cracks Connor up! Connor's middle name is actually Thomas as well; he's the fifth generation to have Thomas as a middle name in the family. Unfortunately (;)), Tom's dad's brother got the "better" family name - Murdoch! I don't mind passing on "Thomas"!!!

Gotta get the girls ready. I'll try to check in later!

Kara

zeffryn
04-06-2008, 10:25 AM
Morning Cyndi!!! No Beach Blanket for me...it is storming here...has been thundering and lightening all night long and under a tornado watch. I got up at 3 to get work done just in case the power goes out. Not complaining about the water though...my big magnolia tree in the front was looking kind of droppy in the leaves, so this torrent is just what it needed to get water down to the roots. Hope it does let up later on so I can go to the grocery store. I was going to go yesterday afternoon, but had a tiny little mole removed, then was too lazy to go "big shopping" and just picked up a couple of things at the organic store across the street from the restaurant we went to after the dr. appt.

Oh, and Zeffryn...you asked where other La'ians were from on another thread yesterday. I'm from N.O. but have lived on the northshore for years. Came here (Hammond) to go to college and never left. Believe it or not, my husband and I went to your area for our honeymoon! (second marriage for me) He was teaching at the time and was taking a class during the summer, so we only had 2.5 days...so we decided to go stay at Chretian Point Plantation. Funny story...when we got there it was storming and the electricity had gone out...so we decided to go out and eat. We went to Enola Prudhomme's and the power was out, but they had gas stoves, so we could eat even though it was hot as hades with no air condition. We were waiting for our food and all of a sudden heard a huge uproar from the kitchen...all kinds of yelling and screaming. A few minutes later, the waitress brought the food out for the table next to ours. The guy looked at his food and said "This isn't what I ordered". Enola came out of the kitchen at the same time (not in a good mood) and told the guy "Eat it anyway, you'll like it!". (for those not from here, she is chef Paul's sister) We left and went to Prejeans which was fantastic as always. It was a great honeymoon! The guy who owned Chretien Point at the time told us that the pool was very dark at night that was next to the bayou, so skinny dipping could go unnoticed if we wanted to sneak out late at night. Before it got dark, he brought a bottle of wine out to the pool and the 3 of us drank the whole thing...had a blast.

Hello! I came down here because my husband is teaching at ULL....not sure if we're staying all that long, but it's nice while it lasts.

Chretien Point is beautiful. I just brought my parents there while they visited recently. I would love to stay there for a night for a quick little get-away with hubs. :)

I've never heard of Enola Prudhommes, but it sounds fantastic. We eat at Prejeans once in awhile, it's only about a mile or so from our home.

Did you get much of that storm yesterday? We got a little bit during the middle of the night, but nothing more. The wind did ruin a few of my newly planted flowers, though. It was nice to feel the air the next morning and NOT have a ton of humidity. I love a good thunderstorm down here. :)

zeffryn
04-06-2008, 10:28 AM
Thankfully our son slept late this morning (he just woke up). We went to bed late last night ( we bought another season of Scrubs and I can't turn it off)

I now have to tackle breakfast. Hubs wants eggs, Calvin wants pancakes. Like always.

After that it's off to my in-laws for an afternoon visit.

ladybugnessa
04-06-2008, 10:42 AM
just sitting here at caribou coffee on the free wifi having a fat free sugar free caramel vanilla coffee... wanted to say HI!

zeffryn
04-06-2008, 10:45 AM
HI!

I'm thinking of taking DS to the park after breakfast. A little playtime for him, and a little walk for me. Can't beat it.

zeffryn
04-06-2008, 10:51 AM
I was so bad yesterday :(

I guess I'll just start over tomorrow as I've only been on it for three days.

Honestly, it made me feel icky when I ate the foods that weren't allowed. I guess it is more stamina for my will-power (which was nil yesterday)

Wish me luck. Dang this is hard sometimes.

Schmoodle
04-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Good morning chicks. I am not having fun but I got a ton of laundry done yesterday and the entire downstairs spic and span. Today I will work on the upstairs. I also did some work on the taxes and filled out passport applications, then started looking for a receipt and ended up organizing and filing about a year's worth of stuff (I know!) I guess every now and then you just need to spend a weekend getting your life in order! If I can get through it all and keep up with the housework through the week, I plan to reward myself with some fun stuff next weekend. Hopefully I can get to the grocery shopping today too, but if not I'll do it tomorrow night. And I do want to take the kids for their Sunday afternoon swim if I can squeeze it in.

Nessa, congrats on your clean day. 90 days is a lofty goal, but I think I'll challenge myself to a completely clean week this week. I'm back on Ph2, so shouldn't be too tough. Coffee and wifi sound like a great way to spend a Sunday morning.
LoriAnn, you tell some scary stories, lady!
cyndi, maybe Nessa has started a trend. We can be the South Beach Beckers! I've been reading the book, but not sure yet if I'm going to do it.
zeffryn, don't start over tomorrow, start fresh right this minute. Just because you overdid yesterday, doesn't mean you can't have a clean today. We all fumble, but I think the key is to not let it turn into an excuse for more bad eating. Just get up, dust yourself off, and climb back on right away.
Enjoy your outdoors fluff!
Hi Ruth, Kara and cottage!
Barb, we all know you have nothing to worry about, but even so it must be a scary feeling to know that you don't have control over your future and your son's right now. :hug: But it will all turn out okay and you guys will get through this.

Okay, back to my stacks of paper. I've got some bills to write out and forms to fill out for summer camps and things for the kids. It never ends...

zeffryn
04-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Schmoodle :) Congrats on getting your house organized!

Also, I would just like everyone to know that my son took his first poopie in the potty today. He's turning 2 in June, but yesterday started telling us when he needed to go poopie. He stood up during the process and partially pooped in my bathroom rug....but that is OK! The washing machine will take care of that. I'm so proud of him!

Anybody have any tips on where to go from here?

zeffryn
04-06-2008, 12:43 PM
Also, we're going camping next weekend and was wondering if anybody has ever beached it while camping?

I think mainly I'll stick to grilling lean meats and veggies, and we also cook eggs and turkey bacon in the morning....those are all SB approved :) Any other ideas?

Barb0522
04-06-2008, 02:23 PM
I've camped many times while on the beach. Try searching for threads with camping in them. I know we've had several discussions about this the last couple of years that had some good ideas. Sometimes I precook and freeze things to bring too.

weezle
04-06-2008, 03:02 PM
Just a quick run-by fruiting! Errr, cheesing, since I'm Ph1 still. Tommy's boy is home and after a day of rest, finally getting back to his old self. Just doing a little housework today and then taking the boy to the park.

Ph1 is going well for me, although I am getting a bit bored with the same snacks every day. I went nuts and had some edamame, shelled, with spray butter and salt. Not a bad snack when you're craving something salty like crackers or popcorn. The best part is that my stomach has flattened out significantly. That makes me very happy! Only a month and a half until the pool opens so I need to stay on track.

Hope you girls have had a lovely weekend! Talk to you soon!

Lisa

zeffryn
04-06-2008, 07:40 PM
Great work weezle!

I'm also PH1 still, and haven't gotten sick of the same ol' yet....but I'm sure I will. That edamame actually sounds great. I have a package in the freezer that I think I'll take out for later!

:)

Good news, I tried on a pair of pants that were just a LITTLE too tight last weekend, and they fit great today. :) Now, hopefully I can get them off ;)

Barb0522
04-06-2008, 08:36 PM
I'm tired but in a good way. I worked until past 4:30 and then picked up Brian from his dad. Then we came home and continued digging on the retaining wall we are building behind the pool. It wasn't level so Brian worked on leveling it while I swept down the pool and did some weedwacking. Then we got the rest of the 18 stones laid. That's all we can do until I buy more stones but it's getting dark and we're getting hungry anyway. I'm fixing turkey steaks, sweet potatoes and veggies tonight so that's a fast easy meal.

Then I might try to sew on my troop numbers so that will be ready for the meeting tomorrow night. I've got to start working at 7 again the next two days so I'm working from home.

zeffryn
04-06-2008, 09:03 PM
What do you do?