Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-05-2008, 12:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Question Holy, self-sabotage! Headless chicken here...

Hi ladies,

Forgive my title

I've really been struggling, and I'm not sure how to get back on top of things. I know that I have the strength inside of me to not only stop the binge eating, but feel better physically. I just can't seem to find it? Please don't take that as an excuse. I've come up with so many plans of action, eaten so well throughout the day...then after supper, well...you all probably know the classic story

I'm not sure what I need. I know that it's not a kick in the pants, because trust me, I can be my own worst critic. Maybe cheerleaders? I don't know...

I really want to make tomorrow a good, normal day. I can focus on one day at a time. I got my nails and hair done, and I feel fabulous about that. I have a wonderful, supportive boyfriend and family who love me just the way that I am. My mind just doesn't seem to be catching on that I don't need to eat unusual amounts of food each night.

Anyway, thank you for listening! I'm looking forward to hearing your input
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 03:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Ah, love your title Well, we do all know "the story" and can collectively say "YOU'RE NOT ALONE!" Don't put too much pressure on tomorrow being a normal day. Simply go about it as you normally would and build up the strength for when you need it most. Eat what you need to eat, and then laugh in the face of the urge to overeat. Proudly state (outloud in front of an audience is even more triumphant ) "I do NOT need you leftover marshmallow bunnies (of course your appropriate binge food would be said here, that was just my last example) and you WILL NOT defeat me. I am stronger than food and I am not hungry nor do I NEED you to continuing living and I have the choice to eat you. And my choice is to be stronger and to fight my addiction and to go to sleep knowing that I've nourished my mind and my body, I did not allow my body to be invaded by evil leftover marshmallow bunnies (again enter appropriate binge food here). The End."

I know I'm being lighthearted, but I know you know I mean business. It's YOUR body, mind, soul, and spirit. You choose what you put into your body, and the other parts of you can benefit from your resilence and your determination to fight those unhealthy urges.

Last edited by HarpoChicoGroucho; 04-05-2008 at 03:14 AM.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 01:01 PM   #3  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I am a big fan of the old Batman show as well... You know, I struggled for so long with all the same issues. I think my main one was I used food as a calming or numbing mechanism and nothing had ever made me feel quite as good as that chocolate or bread or whatever it happened to be that day. Well, nothing until now. I had managed to lose weight through diet and exercise (always loved exercise so that was lucky) but either PMS or emotions would send me right over the edge every time. I have recently had alot of scares with medical problems in my family...my DH is in treatment for a brain tumor, my dad just had abdominal surgery for a tumor that we are still waiting for the pathology on and my sister just had a cyst removed from her ovary as well. I am on medication and that is helping...I have discoverd yoga and am going to classes most days of the week and that is helping...I recently found the book Meditation for Dummies and that is my MIRACLE! I have been meditating for less than a week and I have already used it several times to calm myself and re center my thoughts...I have not had a binge since I began. I can't exactly remember when the last one was but I know that it was before I bought the book so I will just keep track from there. I am not saying that it will work for everyone but I believe there is a key for everyone, or a combination of keys, and you just have to keep looking until you find it...don't ever give up! Try everything, no matter how silly, simple, or ludicrous it seems because it just might work! I have finally realized what a precious gift my body is and that it is not my enemy...not separate from me...making me do things that I don't want to do...I love it and I love myself too much to harm it any more.
Ravengirl is offline   Reply With Quote