Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-04-2008, 07:19 PM   #1  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Default OK... Yes, I'm crazy.. but this works for me

While there are many pics of myself that I hate... there is one recent pic in particular that absolutely sends me over the edge. As a matter of fact this pic is the reason I am on this journey again.. That said.. I enlarged this sucker to 8x10, framed it and placed it on the top shelf in my frig..... yup, I said in the frig... Every single time I open the door this big awful pic is staring back at me and I quickly close the door. Yes, one might think I'm crazy, but seeing this pic each time, forces me to reconsider what I'm reaching for...Hey if it works.. I'm by myself most of the time so it doesn't get moved to the back or off to the side its RIGHT smack in the middle.... I've done the pics on the outside and on the cabinets, bathroom mirror etc, I just got used to them and after awhile just stopped seeing them... LOL.. I can really 'see' this one and I'm reminded over and over of my unhealthy state.... to the point that I just can't look in there anymore....LOL.. I'm in the process of framing a few more for inside my cabinets... I'll let you know when I figure out a way to have a big hand pop out and slap me across the face when I reach in the frig.
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:32 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey - if it works for you, it works for you.

You could always put your trigger foods in here:

http://www.gagworks.com/Shock-Candy-Jar-p/7175.htm
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:06 PM   #3  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

LOL if it works go for it!! good luck!!
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:20 PM   #4  

If I didn't have a husband and two kids who would think I was nuts, I would do the same thing -- I'm a very visual person!! But, I'm not sure which would help me more -- a prior skinny picture or a current frumpy one!!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:32 PM   #5  

Wow, what a fantastic idea!! I know that if I were to do that, it would certainly drive me away from the fridge a lot more. Maybe a little too much even, haha. Thank you for sharing that idea.
Coryo61827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I am very unhappy about not being able to get a high-speed internet connection. I was ready to cry over it, but I thought I would just pop in here and see what's going on. Sweetcaroline, your little story gave me such a chuckle and I feel so much better! What a funny but possibly effective idea. I don't have any pics of me, but maybe DH will take some and I will try your system. Maybe you should write a diet book.....get rich like Opra.....hire a cook, personal trainer, and plastic surgeon and live happily ever after.

I am pretty sure DH wouldn't mind a "fat" pic of me in the fridge.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:43 AM   #7  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

LOL... I've briefly considered the book idea... especially the sign-on bonus . I do write short stories for fun. I've definitely spent way too much time thinking about this frig thing. Fellow-dieters could put just about anything into the frig... Pics of wedding dress, vacation destinations, or the little black dress you've been dreaming of... Doesn't have to be a pic, cold be a statue or anything else that stops you in your tracks... A couple of years ago, prior to a vacation to Mexico, I used one of my lovely {smirk} bathing suit pics, I was 180's... it worked, but I put it in frig too late...
Sorry... given the opportunity I can go on and on... Maybe I should start a blog...
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:08 PM   #8  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Putting it in the fridge is brilliant. On the fridge door is all too easily blocked when the door is opened!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote