Alternachicks - Alternachicks chat -- April

View Full Version : Alternachicks chat -- April

guynna
04-04-2008, 09:35 AM
hi Chicks! What are your goals for this month? Mine is pretty modest: I want to get thru without strangling anyone at work, AND walk my dog every day and go to Curves 3 times a week. It's modest, but it's what I can do at this point. So far, I have lost 3 pounds and feel good : ) Yay!
Hope everyone is having a great April so far,
anita

SkinnyGina
04-04-2008, 10:15 AM
Hey Anita,

Congrats on the 3 pound loss! lol, I take it your co-workers are "special". My goal is to start exercising on a regular basis and not to blow my diet to bad tonight at the hockey game I am going to:) Those Nachos are soooo tempting.

guynna
04-04-2008, 11:42 PM
I LOOOOOVVEE Monty Python! One of my students is writing about MP & the Holy Grail as an interpretation of the myth -- I loaned him my copy of the movie and said "if you don't love this movie there is something wrong with you!" My co-workers are...indeed...special! Yum, those nachos sound good, and I'm just reading about them! Hope it went well at the game -- maybe the excitement made it easier to resist the snacks.
anita

jandaman
04-05-2008, 07:33 AM
me three! on luuurving monty python. my brother and i used to drive my parents crazy on roadtrips because we would keep ourselves amused by reciting our favorite passages over and over....never expect the spanish inquisition!

anita-good luck on not bludgeoning those "special" co-workers of yours. and congrats on ur weight loss!
skinnygina-eeevil nachos! as a snack type alternative how about popped&seasoned soybeans?

lessee..i have lost 10 pounds so far but after indulging in cheesecake over easter and then only partly sticking to the program when i was sick i haven't lost anything elso to date..my goal is to lose another 4-5 and also to start exercising!

cheers

jan

mauvaisroux
04-05-2008, 09:47 AM
Hello everyone! :)

Speaking of Monty Python . . .

The other night while watching Jeopardy with my husband one of the categories related to religious orders/groups. When one of the questions popped up we both yelled out "No one ever expects the Spanish Inquisition!" at the same time :lol:. . . and the answer was "What is the Spanish Inquisition?" I love Monty Python!

guynna - congrats! on the 3lb loss! :cp:

My goals this month are to drink more water at work and to get out and walk at lunch time now that the weather is nicer.

Hope you all have a good weekend!

broadabroad
04-05-2008, 10:14 AM
Yay! Oh, splendid - starting the April thread with Monty Python quotations!

Good job, team!

My goals for April? Hmm. Well...

- To reach 212lb (which hopefully I'll do by Monday), and beyond that to carry on losing between 1 and 2lb per week.

- To do 3 sessions of the C25k program every week.

- To progress onto Week 2 of the C25k program ('cause at the minute I'm just repeating Week 1 as many damn times as I want to until Week 2 feels manageable!)

- To return to the Bellydancing class I attended today each Saturday, building my core strength and flexibility and, perhaps more importantly, my confidence with my body.

- To stop acting like a gauche and tongue-tied 13 year old around the guy I fancy. Because, really, I am Too Old for that crap. Gah. (And although I'm not hanging out too much hope that he's going to suddenly go 'Why Fay! But you're gorgeous!', I'd at least like us to be FRIENDS, you know? Rather than friendly acquaintances. Because I think maybe we could be. But that would require me being myself around him, rather than turning all shy and crap and blushy.)

irishfairy
04-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Hey all I am gonna jump in here :) btw I love the holy grail my husband and I randomly quote it all the time :P

my goals for this month..
lose 6-8lbs by the end of the month
do awesome at my canadian idol audition which is next sat
exercise 30 min a day
drink alot of water!

PinkyPie
04-05-2008, 02:55 PM
Hey all! Anita congrats on your 3lb loss!
This
I want to get thru without strangling anyone at work
totally cracked me up! That's definitely one of my goals this month!

Seriously. I have a few goals for this month.

1) stay on plan as much as humanly possible
2) go to the gym 2x a week
3) work out on my elliptical while DB is cooking dinner
4) keep my promise to myself to NOT work a buttload of overtime at work

I would like to be a few pounds down this month. I'm scared to even say how much though, as if it might jinx myself.

Jan I totally flagged your email when I received it and promptly forgot to reply :( I am so bad!

Fay, Anita I put a little update in my other thread...

guynna
04-05-2008, 08:57 PM
hi all --
Jandaman, isn't it weird how we an regress to that gawky stage whenever we LIKE someone?? Sounds like everyone is feeling (pretty much) on track and motivated; I might have to check out that C25K thing, I had never heard of it before.

Irishfairy, that is so cool! Do you sing? dance? spin plates? (anyone else remember those old acts on the Ed Sullivan show??)

Renee/Velveteen, glad to hear from you : )

I have been in New Orleans (N'Awlins) for a few days for a conference and have eaten _very well_, in both senses of the word, usually -- lots of dishes made with beans and rice and fresh veggies, but the parties with free drinx, well.... : )

Hope you are all having a great weekend.

"WHAT is your favorite color?"
"Red. No --- blue! Aaiiiiiighhhh!"

anita

irishfairy
04-05-2008, 09:23 PM
guynna: lol....just sing :) I am so nervous yet excited can't wait

PinkyPie
04-06-2008, 05:58 AM
So I woke up this morning with the Old Bat having already arrived... I thought "great, all that work this week and now it won't show on the scale..."

Nope. DOWN 4.3 lbs!!!! WHOO HOO!!!

I haven't been this excited about losing weight since... probably a year ago at least!

IrishFairy I'll be crossing all crossables for you and your audition!!!

irishfairy
04-06-2008, 08:09 AM
velveteen: CONGRATS!!!!!!! 4.3 is awesome!! I only lost a lb this week and I am a little disappointed. thanks for crossing..everything for me lol. only 6 days :o

SkinnyGina
04-06-2008, 09:25 AM
Congrats on the 4.3!!

"The parrot is dead, it cease to exist" Yes I also do go around quoting monty python as well. I admit I have a problem and do not want to change it:)

good luck irish fairy with your audition. I sing to just no one wants to hear me
:(

Oh and an update on the hockey game. It was very sad indeed, when we got there it was sold out except fro standing room only and me and my roomie was not at all eager about that. So i didn't have the nachos, but of course that left us without an activity so we migrated to a restaurant for dinner and a few drinks. OH WELL *slaps forehead* I didn't gain so i suppose that is the important part.

jandaman
04-06-2008, 10:13 AM
ola guapas!

sunday afternoon, weather is super-sucky. drank too much. too much karaoke. and ate half a leftover easterbunny. i feel dreadful;( clean slate as of monday..that's what mondays are good for, i guess.

hey irishfairy so cool that ur auditioning...break a leg;) or...waddevah they sayin show biz
anita you got me totally mixed up w/broadabroad but i can still relate to the gawky insecurity
it's nice to see you around and i'm glad ur doing better, velveteen. and no worries..i always did wonder what those lil flag thingumabobs were for *grin* congrats on shedding the poundage.yay!
skinnygina-- stoopid question: vot ees chi-town? or vere ees eet?
enjoy ur sundays

toodle pip y'all!
jan

"come back here, it's just a scratch!"

jandaman
04-06-2008, 10:14 AM
"one more thin mint...."

PinkyPie
04-06-2008, 11:13 AM
"merely a flesh wound"

irishfairy
04-06-2008, 12:02 PM
"she turned me into a newt....I got better"

PinkyPie
04-06-2008, 12:37 PM
what are you going to sing BTW, Irish?

irishfairy
04-06-2008, 04:15 PM
gunnin by hedley, misery business by paramore and my backups are tongue tied by fabver drive and fences by paramore

guynna
04-06-2008, 05:32 PM
oooh, sorry jandaman --- you are doing a master's in comparative lit, right? who are you reading?

yumm, easter bunnies.... "'e's got big teeth!"
: )
anita

broadabroad
04-06-2008, 10:15 PM
"Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes!
They've got those hoppy legs and twitchy little noses!
And what's with all the carrots?
Why do they need such good eyesight for anyway?
Bunnies! Bunnies! It must be BUNNIES!

...or maybe midgets?"

(Yeah, okay, not Monty Python. But this is where my brain went.)

Irish - it's FABULOUS you're auditioning for Canadian Idol! Man, I would never have the nerve for that. I love singing, but I'm just scared stiff of singing in public. Good on you!

Jandaman - ooh, comparative literature? Sounds awesome - I must chime in & ask for more details!

Velveteen - my God, I SO agree with your tagline! Bugger this "You have such a pretty face" crap! I want to have a hot FIGURE!

irishfairy
04-06-2008, 10:18 PM
I fart in your general direction!!!!

jandaman
04-07-2008, 04:33 AM
OMG irish fairy that is my absolute favorite part..i'm glad noone was around to witness my snorting (which i invariably do when i really laugh) and hyena-like guffaws! you have just made my day.;)

jandaman
04-07-2008, 04:57 AM
hey anita and fay! currently rereading critical essays on brett easton ellis' less than zero--> blank fictions by james annesley and shopping in space by elizabeth young. prepping for my aesthetics of evil course by reading de sade, baudelaire, milton and poe etc. am just a lil bit on the frustrated side as i was recently told i needed to "retake" certain courses because my credits did not transfer..which the administration told me, naturally, while i am in the final throes of writing my thesis! arrgh. go figure..bureaucrats they're the same the world over!
(and so i secretly procrastinate, curl up and read tad williams' shadowplay instead)

and velveteen ur tagline is da bomb. it really hits home.

:hug: for everyone this morning and lots of caffeine :coffee2:

irishfairy
04-07-2008, 10:11 AM
I lost a lb this morning and I am so happy I am officially half way done this journey!!!! I am getting really nervous about idol..as you can tell by my song choices I am not your typical whitney houston/christina aguilera singer. I love singing pop punk type music which may give me a disadvantage the good thing is that unlike american idol canadian idol has had a more broad range of vocalists we have had a few indie type artists that have made top 20, a punk artist last year that made top 20, an alternative singer last year won oh and we had a metal scream singer that made top 100. so that gives me a bit more motivation. I bought my outfit last week and was so exctied that the size 15 skinny pants I bought are a bit big but they didn't have a 13 and I wanted them bad, the XL shirt is big around my stomach but my boobs wouldn't fit in anything smaller.

Jandaman thats my favourite part too! leave or I shall taunt you a second time!! lol

havoc
04-07-2008, 12:21 PM
Broadabroad - I found your Monty Python bunny quote:

"Follow only if ye be men of valour, for the entrance to this cave is guarded by a creature so foul, so cruel that no man yet has fought with it and lived. Bones of full fifty men lie strewn about its lair. So, brave knights, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth. "

Irish - can you tape your audition & put it up on youtube or somewhere? That's the kind of music I'd make a point to watch the show for. Best of luck, girlie!

I'm not an Idol fan (and I'm in the States, so I wouldn't get to see you anyway), but if more people sang along the lines of the stuff you're auditioning with, I'd probably watch. I don't do well with the vocal gymnastics ala the Christina-wannabees. Not every song needs to be sang to death - it ruins a lot of them. I'd LOVE to hear a little edgier stuff like you're doing. That little girl in Paramore can really wail!

SkinnyGina
04-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Irish- congrats on the pound lost, and totally agree with havoc that you need to post it:)

Jand- Chi-town=Chicago, not a stupid question were really the only ones who call it that :lol:

"Brave Sir Robin ran away. Bravely ran away, away! When danger reared its ugly head, He bravely turned his tail and fled"

irishfairy
04-07-2008, 01:58 PM
If I make it on to the show I will be sure to post all of the footage for my american friends :) Last year we had a girl named montana who sang the used and fall out boy. She gave me the courage to tryout this year. I am super excited.

" Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. "

gaia2094
04-07-2008, 02:42 PM
As much as I love Holy Grail, my favorite movie is The Meaning of Life.

"If you are the grim reaper how do we die?"

"Undercooked fish!"

"Oh, I'm sorry." -dies-

That's not the exact quote, but that's the funny part. That and the dancing topless angels. I also love the bit about Catholics and birth control. The beginning with the accounting pirates is freaking hilarious, too. :D

I do love Holy Grail, though, haven't watched it in a while. "She must be punished! You must spank her! Then, we will all have a good spanking."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I wasn't in any peril!"

"Yes you were!"

"You're gay!"

"No I'm not..."

It was always funny if not a teeny bit creepy. Again, sorry for the misquotes, haven't had time to pop in my DVD from Christmas.

jandaman
04-07-2008, 03:36 PM
gaia! "the salmon mousse" he gravely intones

i love that one, too. and "fishy fishy fishy fish..oh fishy oh!"

monty python on the brain.....must stop thinking in quotes! must stop aaarghh!

xxoo jandaman

"every sperm is sacred, every sperm is good! every sperm is needed in ur neighborhood!"

irishfairy
04-07-2008, 03:40 PM
has anyone ever seen just visiting?? best movie EVER!!! I quote that one all the time too

guynna
04-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Yay, do please post clips of you -- I can't wait to hear you singing! I'm not an Idol fan either -- but then everything has been so Whitney (bleeech!) Houstonized....

Go away, or I shall taunt you a second time, you silly English K-nig-its! Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!

I only gained a half a pound in my 5 days in New Orleans, so I'm pretty stoked about that. (And I'm going to Curves this evening!!)

anita

SkinnyGina
04-07-2008, 04:43 PM
I *heart* Meaning of Life.

The conversatoin topic cards for middle age married couples- priceless. Other than that I am guilty of quoting many a futurama and Invader Zim cartoon. (I admit I am a nerd)

congrats Anita you must have major willpower!

Oh, Jandaman, "Is it behind the sofa?"

mauvaisroux
04-07-2008, 10:26 PM
ooh - I love Invader Zim!!!!!! Grr is my favorite!

Well I have stated the same weight for the last two weeks - I need to get a move on if I am to be in shape for summer! :(

Irish Fairy - good luck with your audition! :lucky:

jandaman
04-08-2008, 04:48 AM
okay okay..so i know i am waaaaay too excited about this. will get to personals later, promise! please indulge me;)

"i loathe the bus."

"sometimes you just gotta say what the $%&"

"anyone, anyone? voodoo economics"

PinkyPie
04-08-2008, 05:33 AM
ooh ooh ! I know!!!

From one of my favourite movies of all times:

1) Sixteen Candles

And definitely top of the list in the 80'
2) Risky Business
3)... I *think* Ferris Buelher's Day Off?

I'm also just popping in ...

jandaman
04-08-2008, 06:53 AM
YAY! we have a winner! :cheer:rah rah rah

you rock soo hard! 16 candles is also one of my alltime faves, just rewatched it on the weekend. i just adore lil molly ringwald;) *sigh*

will tune in later

irishfairy
04-08-2008, 08:00 AM
what about spaceballs

whats the matter cornel sanders....chicken?

SkinnyGina
04-08-2008, 10:41 AM
I know Grr is my fav as well mauv. "Gir: I'm gonna roll around on the floor for a while. KAY?"

Irish I love Mel Brooks, History of the World Pt. 1, Empress Nympho :lol:

gaia2094
04-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Ah, I'd only seen one or two episodes of Invader Zim, but Gir was adorable.

Young Frankestein!

"Frahnkinshteen!"

"Roll, roll, roll in za hay..."

SkinnyGina
04-08-2008, 04:35 PM
No, it's pronounced "eye-gor" :lol: sorry had to post another quote!

PinkyPie
04-08-2008, 04:43 PM
"Put ze candle BECK"

def on my all time favourite list!

how's everyone doing? I went to the gym again today :) I am trying to keep positive and not think "ok when is my next crash..." It's not going to happen right? I'm going to keep doing this and lose weight and feel good and look good on my wedding day... and then I'm going to eventually reach my goal and keep this weight off forever. No more crashes after an OP week or two... I'm so ready for this weight to be GONE...

must go to bed, will pop in tomorrow...

guynna
04-08-2008, 07:45 PM
You go, girl! Glad to hear from you, Velveteen.
anita

havoc
04-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Way to go, Velveteen! I didn't make it down the stairs last night. After the day I had, 14 floors was just too much.

My favorite YF quote:

"What KNOCKERS!"
"Oh, thank you doctor!"

(I can't go down the door knocker aisle at Home Depot without laughing at that!)

Any "Blazing Saddles" fans? "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!"

PinkyPie
04-13-2008, 08:16 AM
I noticed that some of us were posting in the March thread... I am confused... (doesn't take much some days! :lol: )

Thanks for the cheers and the support you guys... really appreciate it!

Wonder how Irish's audition went????? Inquiring minds want to know!

Update for this week - was OP every day, used some of my saved points last night for dinner out with friends, did my official w/i this morning and still had a loss (I had wine AND chinese last night... was worried it would affect the scale) - down another 1.2 lbs this week!!!

How's everyone else doing??? Keep posting, I love seeing it more active with the Alternachicks!!

Enygirl
04-13-2008, 01:59 PM
ok - so pretty much I'm an idiot - (thank you Velveteen for pointing it out!) I didn't even glance at the fact that I was on the March thread.. so here we are mid-April and I've been wondering if you were eaten by monster (as was suggested)

:D SO - HERE I AM!!! :D

I haven't read through to do personals... but I will tonight when I have more time. I will however post that I've lost 3.25" off my body this week... I'm excited :cheer:

I will leave you now with the motivational quote of the day:

Think of yourself as a toy train. All toy trains de-rail now and then. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on track.

guynna
04-13-2008, 02:06 PM
You go, Velveteen! ! I've been thinking about Irishfairy too -- hope it went well.

I have been doing some stress-eating lately; it was a crazy up & down week at work. On the same day we had a meeting that drove me crazy (rude and ill-informed colleagues) AND I got the thumbs-up on my application for promotion and tenure (yay!!!) We have another two weeks of classes -- but I can't afford to eat like a basket case for two whole weeks! aiiiighghghgh!!!

anita

PinkyPie
04-13-2008, 05:29 PM
ok - so pretty much I'm an idiot - (thank you Velveteen for pointing it out!) I didn't even glance at the fact that I was on the March thread.. so here we are mid-April and I've been wondering if you were eaten by monster (as was suggested)

:D SO - HERE I AM!!! :D

I haven't read through to do personals... but I will tonight when I have more time. I will however post that I've lost 3.25" off my body this week... I'm excited :cheer:

I will leave you now with the motivational quote of the day:

Think of yourself as a toy train. All toy trains de-rail now and then. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on track.

:lol: I thought I was just going nuts. I hope you don't think I was pointing out that you are an idiot, because you are not!

You go, Velveteen! ! I've been thinking about Irishfairy too -- hope it went well.

I have been doing some stress-eating lately; it was a crazy up & down week at work. On the same day we had a meeting that drove me crazy (rude and ill-informed colleagues) AND I got the thumbs-up on my application for promotion and tenure (yay!!!) We have another two weeks of classes -- but I can't afford to eat like a basket case for two whole weeks! aiiiighghghgh!!!

anita

Anita, hon, do I know all about stress at work. See if you can't plan extra well for these situations... and then stick to your guns. Other (rude) people at work are not worth you going off your plan, KWIM?

You can do this!!! Hang in there and plan for it each day!

So I have a question for you guys - I am a nutrition and diet book junkie... anyone have any recommendations for me for a new book to dive into?

guynna
04-13-2008, 05:34 PM
Oooh, ooh, I do -- I love the Dean Ornish books, including _Eat More, Weigh Less_, in part b/c he talks about the importance of exercise and support systems -- it's about your whole life, not just the food you eat.

You are so right about planning; I should take some time this evening to pack lunches and snax!

anita

jandaman
04-14-2008, 11:04 AM
ola chicas, need hugs:(

sorry have been mia for a while..spent my time at the hospital being poked, prodded etc in any and every given part of me. only to be sent home in pain because they couldn't find anything. now have begun my odyssey thru specialists and have to say i am totally freaking out because the last time i had a "mystery disease" it turned out to be sarcoidosis an auto-immune disease and that's the last thing i want right now.

PinkyPie
04-14-2008, 11:07 AM
Anita - do it do it!!! get those lunches and snacks PLANNED out!

Thanks for the book idea... I'll go have a look online!

Jan :hug: :hug: :hug: I'm so sorry hon. When will you get to see someone else who may be able to give you some answers?

I have to say, at least I've never been satisfied with the Dutch way of sorting out medical problems... not sure if it's any better in Germany. I hope you get answers and SOON!!

guynna
04-14-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm sending you lots of warm thoughts, Janda. It can be confusing and frustrating to have to deal with "mystery diseases" -- keep us posted on how you're doing. Oh, and the US system is no better at this than anywhere else, IMHO. (At least maybe you can stay in bed and read???)

hughughughughug,
anita

PinkyPie
04-14-2008, 03:48 PM
Anita, I ordered the book, 'twas cheap too! Only €8 with shipping!!

mauvaisroux
04-14-2008, 09:08 PM
Hey ladies! :wave:

Sorry I haven't been around lately -I've been having some computer issues for the past week or so but I am up and running again. Missed you lot!

I am trying to catch up reading all your posts and will pop back in to chat.

PinkyPie
04-15-2008, 11:39 PM
Hey Red :)
glad to see you again!

just wanted to check in... it's Wednesday and I was very tempted to get on the scale again this morning, but I want to be able to put a :yes: in my signature for today... I really mustn't weigh more than once a week it just affects me too much!

went to the gym again last night... wasn't that into it but I pushed through!

challenge for today - don't have a lot of food to take with me to work today and I am going to see a colleague right after work who just had a baby. Even if I am hungry I have a few apples with me and I'll chew a lot of gum if I have to to stave away the hunger until I get dinner.

Hope you all are well, thinking of you Jan and hoping that you are not feeling too poorly right now!!

irishfairy
04-16-2008, 07:51 AM
Hey all :) I am sorry I haven't been around my mouse broke and I had to go buy a new one...Well I guess you want to hear how my weekend went...first off I didn't get past the first tier but here is my story lol
first off going to vent about my weekend. Friday night I had my family over for dinner my mom brought good luck cake..nice thought bad for me though. then my son went to my moms for the night and my sister and her boyfriend stayed over we had to be up at 4 in the morning and leave by 5 to go to my audition. I was so wired in the car on the way down I didn't fall asleep. We reached Toronto and took the subway to the audition. The audition was outside and as we lined up (we were about 100th in line) it started to rain. I put up my umbrella but since so many people were piling in we got squished together and my umbrella wasn't really covering me. 8:00 comes and we are supposed to start....nothing happens. people start to smoke around me and I can barely breath oh did I mention it was REALLY cold. they do a soundcheck for the concert, then more waiting finally the host ben mulroney comes out and talks to us then they film him saying lines for the show like 100 times. then the first concert starts he sings 4 songs and repeats the last song for TV, then more waiting. then they do 100 shots of us screaming...still raining still cold. then the second sound check. then more waiting. then the second concert 4 songs..repeated last song 3 times to get a good shot for tv. more ben talking more crowd shots then they ask us to put our umbrellas down for more shots that take about 45 min ( now I am SOAKED and its only 1 degree celicius by the way thats one degree above freezing) more waiting then they say all the supports have to leave and the contestants start to get there numbers (its now like 11:00) my husband, sister and her bf leave. Then after I get my number more wiating and they say our supporters can come back we are going inside to a warm theater. I call my hubby on someones cell phone (they offered it to me) and they come back. I get lined up and they lead us to the theater. THen say our supporters cann't come in WHAT?!?! we wait inside for a while then comes my audition. I watch to groups go in before none advanced to the next level. We go in and there is two producers they are looking angry. I am freezing and chilled and my teeth are chattering (they don't offer us anything to drink this entire time!) they tell us to sing one at a time. First girl not so good, next girl AMAZING she sings country and they make her sing to songs...she is REALLY good. Then me.. I thought I did well messed up a bit but I was shaking form the cold, next girl good but forgot words, last girl....umm awful . they then give out critique. They say no thanks to the first girl then tell the amazing girl she is good but too nervous come back next year they look at me and they say...same to you. I don't hear what they said to the other girls because I was pretty upset. I then ask if I could sing my second song they let me. I sing they say it was better but they think I should come back next year after a little more training....and there ends my idol adventure. I swore I wouldn't cry but a mix of overtired, frusteration, cold and sore I went into the stairwell and cried. My family was outside and we left. We decided not to hang around becuase we were all so wet so we ate lunch and headed on the subway back to the car back home. we got on the subway the wrong way and had to get off and back on the other side. We got home and I was too stressed to sleep so I had a hot bath and dealt with all the phone calls and emails asking how it went. We went to bowling for hubbys work later that night but I had HUGE blisters from my wet socks and shoes. on our way to my moms house after the car starts making noise and the oil light comes on. we stop to get oil...but the oil isn't down enough to put the light on we top it up anyways and head to my moms. We sleep get up the next day and leave..half way home we start hearing more noises. We get home call my uncle and he says...well if its the oil pump you may have screwed the engine by now so don't drive anywhere!!!! so my husband had to walk to work this morning 1 and a half hours because we can't afford a cab if we have to pay for a new engine! and nobody from work would answer there phones to drive him. oh also when I got home I realised that There was a sink full of dishes and nobody had cleaned up after themselves all weekend so I have anhour of dishes to do as well as laundry and other house cleaning today. I am exhuasted, stressed and....umm yeah so that is my weekend I am sorry it is so long lol but I am about ready to curl up and die hope everyones weekend was better then mine. Oh and I was way off diet all weekend!!! I gained 4lbs over my weekend adventure but have lost 2 of them. I also just found out I am able to reaudition online but have to pick one of like 10 songs they give you I picked anna nalick 2am and am going to get my husband to record me...when I out it on I will give you guys the link so you can all comment about how great I am lol. thanks for all of your support :)

irishfairy
04-16-2008, 07:54 AM
Eny: grats on the loss

Velveteen and Guy: thanks for thinking of me :)

Jan: OMIGOSH hunny I hope everything is ok BIG HUGS!!! let us know as soon as you know anything

jandaman
04-16-2008, 08:30 AM
hi ladies.need more hugs. public health systems blow!
am still getting shunted from one specialist to the next. noone knows what's wrong. everything sucks. sorry to be so negative but i just feel so frustrated, helpless and can't seem to control my anxiety. and my therapist is still on vacation. i must have broke down crying at least 4 times. thank you all for ur support and thinking of me!

irish: i am so sorry-but never give up and never say die!:)

velveteen and anita: thx sooooooo much for the hugs and kudos on staying on plan

irishfairy
04-16-2008, 09:16 AM
Janda: I am so sorry hun!!!! Hopefully it turns out to be nothing!!! ANOTHER BIG HUG!!!!!! I can't imagine how you feel

PinkyPie
04-16-2008, 01:27 PM
Irish! :hug: I'm sorry you didn't get through your audition, but what, from what I understand, at least they said try again next year and didn't film you for "Worst Idols Auditions 2008". You know what I think...? Try again next year!!! Seriously girl, you have some guts to go and audition, why not train up and really kick some butt next time around? I really envy you, you actually DID it!

Never mind you were off plan... these things are understandable in the situation you were in! 2 of the 4 are off, the other 2 in no time!!!

Jan - I am so so sorry...!! are they giving you ANY information at all? Of course you have cried, I certainly would have! Hang in there and keep us posted. We'll be sending off some good energy for you. And I KNOW I am still a wee bit far away from you, but if I can do anything at all, ANYTHING, please let me know! :hug: :hug: :hug:

guynna
04-16-2008, 09:48 PM
Irish, it sounds like you really impressed them! I mean really if they want you to come back, definitely do it! I can't believe how badly they treated all of you, too - that's definitely not right. Hope you can ease back into your routine (and hope your car is okay -- ouch!)

Janda, I'm thinking about you and hoping your docs will treat you well. Listen, here I am singing something cheerful for your benefit, watch: : O : o : O : o how was that? Okay, so I suck vocally, but I AM thinking about you.
gentlehug gentlehug
anita

havoc
04-17-2008, 08:31 AM
Heya, ladies (and any gents who may be here, too)! I've been out of the loop all week. The flu knocked me on my rear. Good thing I still have extra padding, eh?

Irish - Oh, girl! You had one helluva rough weekend! But you know what, you'll go back next year, sound great, and you'll look even better! And I love that "2 AM" song! Post a link when you get it up here on the innernets.

Janda - I feel so badly for you. I hope you get some ACCURATE answers and some relief soon. FWIW, I used to work closely with a lady who had sarquioidosis, and once it was under control, she never had another problem with it. I hope you get the same relief.

jandaman
04-17-2008, 11:08 AM
aloha!

finally having a good day..not that i've gotten any answers at all! i guess no answers or negative answers get u closer to the truth, too. kinda the sherlock holmes principle. i seem to have broken thru my fatalistic patterns (thx to you awesome rockstar ladies, too :) ) and seem more on the up and up. next specialist tomorrow-hoping for big things as she is the best in town and they just managed to fit me in. (my gp strongarmed her)

anita-thx for the aria, musta done the trick!

velveteen-it really comforted me to know u could whiz on down here if need be:)

irish-thx for all the support :hug: back

havoc-thx for lifting my spirits

said it before will say it again, you guapas rock!

toodles

jan

guynna
04-17-2008, 02:16 PM
Yay Jandaman! Glad your gp is keeping the pressure on to get you in to see the right people. We'll be thinking about you, and it's good to hear you feeling more chipper : )
anita

mauvaisroux
04-17-2008, 09:58 PM
Irish - I can't believe they made all of you stand out in the cold and rain like that. Sorry to here you didn't advance. :(

Jandaman - I hope things get better for you soon and that you get looked after properly. :hug:

PinkyPie
04-18-2008, 06:31 AM
Hope everyone is doing well on this Fine Friday! I have to say I was less interested in preparing my food for the day this morning than I have been the last couple of weeks. I know I have to just keep plugging along, but sometimes it's just annoying that I HAVE to make this change and I HAVE to make the change permanent.

So ready for the weekend!!!

irishfairy
04-18-2008, 09:36 AM
well I am glad this week is over lol. Between my car, idol, I lost my keys, I went to a mommy meeting again and they all ignored me I tried to join the conversation and they would either roll there eyes or answer me quickly and turn their backs again. But the good things are the weather is FINALLY nice, my son went for his first walk by himself outside he has only been walking for 3 weeks so it was exciting for him to walk along the street :), I got an awesome compliment about my photography this morning, the machanic is pretty sure the engine in my car is saveable and he should be done by today, so I think today is gonna be a good day. I walked 4 miles yesterday and intend to do another 4 today. I took some pictures down at the beach by my house yesterday got some really good ones of a goose. Today I am going to get a library card I think or I may just walk along the lakeshroe again taking pictures. hope everyone is having a good day

Havoc: lol you made me laugh. hope your feeling better the flu sucks

Jan: glad you had a good day hope they come up with something and its not anything big :)

Velveteen: I have been so lax with my food the last week that I need to get back on track I can't let my moods and stress level effect my eating...emotional eating is a no no!!!!

PinkyPie
04-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Irish - phew! I got tired just reading your post! Thankgod it's weekend !! whoo hoo!!

I said it in the other post but I love your photos! It inspires me to get out and take photos again! Maybe this weekend - my old camera broke (my stepson and I were taking self-portraits), but I got a "new" one off eBay (sorry US girls, but your $ rate is so good for my € right now!) and I haven't really used it yet!

Listen, just START getting back on track again. Remember that NOTHING in your fridge or cupboard is going to take away stress, boredom, moods, etc. Nothing. The ONE THING you can control is your diet/lifestyle change and believe me, THAT will help the stress and all the other stuff in the long run. Look how far you've come, girl!

Not to steal Nike's words, but they make a good point "Just Do It".

on that note, I have earned myself 2 glasses of wine so I'm going to have a shower (came home stinky from the gym) and then R E L A X ...

guynna
04-18-2008, 04:18 PM
Yummmm -- good advice, Velveteen! I'm still at work and have a work-dinner thing in an hour or so. Irish, glad things are looking up! I'm going to look for your photos. Your little one is at a really fun age, too : )
anita

PinkyPie
04-19-2008, 03:47 PM
Anita, how did your dinner go?

Jan, what did you hear from the doctor, any news?

irishfairy
04-19-2008, 08:35 PM
velveteen thanks :) I love photography so its really nice to hear compliments. I just put together a calender for my grandfathers brithday using all my photography I ordered it from walmart..I hope he likes it :S

well I am sunburnt lol but I am loving this sun it makes me happy I feel so depressed in the winter I think I have that seasonal disorder thingy. But now that its hot and nice I feel awesome I just want to be outside. I am thinking now the good weathers here I might drop weight faster...hopefully. I did two 3 and a half hour walks this week taking pictures a total of about 4 miles a day. I did a short walk today to wendys :( but I made good choices. anyways hope everyones weekend is going as well as mine my car is going to be ready on tuesday it was a gear in the drive shaft the teeth broke off and went into the oil pump and burnt it out. its gonna cost 650...almost 1000 less then it would be if it was the engine I am soooo relieved.

guynna
04-19-2008, 09:09 PM
Yay for affordable car repairs! ! Glad you are getting good weather up there too -- we are having warm, breezy spring days, just wonderful for walking.

Thanks Velveteen -- dinner was both tasty and pretty "well-behaved" on my part, I had mostly veggies, brought some home in a doggy bag.

I'm looking thru some photos and will post soon : )
anita

PinkyPie
04-20-2008, 05:51 AM
Irish, I'm sure your grandfather will love the calendar!

I agree, I love it when the weather is nice, it just makes me FEEL so much better. I don't think I have SAD, but I do know that I'm more likely to go out and do something if it's not pissing down with rain and completely grey and gloomy outside!

I'm so glad the car repairs turned out to be less than you expected! Thank goodness!!

Anita, good for you!! Dinners and parties are always challenges but sounds like you handled it really well!

Can't wait to see your photos!

So, girls, down another 2lbs today (almost a kilo)!!! I'm so glad I waited the whole week to see the results! I'm going to keep going and going and going until I reach my goal. Decided that end of June is a good goal to shoot for for my 10%. It should be MORE than possible but I'm being a bit cautious (I want to be realistic and not set myself up for a fall).

We're going out today for a walk, though it's still not very nice outside :(

Wishing you all a great Sunday!!

jandaman
04-21-2008, 04:54 AM
aloha hotties!

still in limbo re: health situation but good news--sarcoidosis it is not! hurrah! *phew* i was so anxious about that. continuing the odyssey this week. on friday i spent a record 8.5 hours in waiting rooms.*yikes!*
anyways....

irish and velveteen- yay! yes, the sun makes such a huge difference!! i didn't even notice how down i was until my spirits lifted with each ray.
and irish, you can always try to polite them pretentious mommies to death..they won't know what hit'em!
anita-good on you for "being good"*grin*

so i am off to the vets-boo tazer is getting her stitches out today. happy monday everyone cu later!!

guynna
04-21-2008, 08:48 AM
hey Janda -- hope you and your pet babies are doing okay. I hope you had something good to read with you in the waiting room marathon -- man! I'll be sending good healthy thoughts your way this week ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) )
Hurrah for spring! Beautiful thunderstorm and needed rain here yesterday.
anita

PinkyPie
04-21-2008, 09:53 AM
aloha hotties!

still in limbo re: health situation but good news--sarcoidosis it is not! hurrah! *phew* i was so anxious about that. continuing the odyssey this week. on friday i spent a record 8.5 hours in waiting rooms.*yikes!*
anyways....

irish and velveteen- yay! yes, the sun makes such a huge difference!! i didn't even notice how down i was until my spirits lifted with each ray.
and irish, you can always try to polite them pretentious mommies to death..they won't know what hit'em!
anita-good on you for "being good"*grin*

so i am off to the vets-boo tazer is getting her stitches out today. happy monday everyone cu later!!

great news that it's not sarcoidosis! that's a relief! what a nightmare with the time in the waiting rooms though!

hope your fur baby is ok - what were the stitches for? sorry if I missed something!

hey Janda -- hope you and your pet babies are doing okay. I hope you had something good to read with you in the waiting room marathon -- man! I'll be sending good healthy thoughts your way this week ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) )
Hurrah for spring! Beautiful thunderstorm and needed rain here yesterday.
anita

mornin' Anita!

So, this is my make or break week... every time I started WW again in the past couple of years I've done fine for 3 weeks and then petered out. I am extremely determined to get through this week as an OP week. It's month-end at work... stressful times... plus my boss is leaving Thursday, plus we are having our 5th anniversary party on Thursday afternoon (drinks, food, etc) for the opening of the roasting plant... MUST. PLAN. AHEAD!!!!

Not sure what I'll do for the party, think I'll check to see what sort of food's coming in and then plan accordingly. Also, MARK MY WORDS, I am not using points for alcohol during the week. I'm not saying it's off limits, I just prefer not to use them during the week.

Wish me luck...

(speaking of fur babies, Frankie insisted to jump on my lap and is making it very hard to type right now!)

PinkyPie
04-21-2008, 03:25 PM
just popping in again before I hit the sack in a bit...

exercised 30 min while Ron was cooking dinner :)
had 1 point over for today (oops, did I log my latte that I made... better check... in that case, was completely at points)
all planned up for tomorrow and I have a 1 point over for my latte tomorrow

I'm doing it!!

guynna
04-21-2008, 03:53 PM
WOO HOO! You go girl!

I'm leaving work in a few minutes to head for the gym. I baked yesterday for a bakesale/fundraiser and had all that food with me in the office today and didn't eat any! (On plan, I had a sample yesterday with fat-free spinach and broccoli dip, yum yum yum.)

Hope everyone is doing well --

Enygirl
04-21-2008, 05:14 PM
Hey girls - I feel off the wagon Friday and Saturday.. Sunday and today have been better though. :)

Tomorrow's my official Weigh in for Earth Day! I'm still behind on my walking/day thing - so I'm going to take a nice long one tonight. :) I always feel better afterwards. I'm going to pump up the workouts the next few months - 10 mins in the AM, 1 mile walk in the afternoon and an aerobic workout at night before bed. I need to drop this weight like tomorrow's never going to come! (Because if I don't then tomorrow will stop coming sooner then planned!) How's everyone else doing?

guynna
04-21-2008, 08:19 PM
hey Eny -- don't beat yourself up about Friday and Saturday; you got right back on track! I'm planning to work out more May-August too (I'm a teacher) -- let's keep each other motivated, okay? What do you do for your "me time"? I think that's really important (though, since I don't have kids, I get more of that than many people do : )

PinkyPie
04-22-2008, 05:51 AM
Eny - glad to hear you've found the right track again after a couple of days!

Anita - baking would be a huge challenge for me! You are definitely stronger than I am to do so!

Hope everyone is well this fine Tuesday!!

jandaman
04-22-2008, 06:17 AM
ola guapas!

caution: adolescent vent follows!!

i am grumpy becuz on my way to uni where i will be bored outta my friggin mind becuz i am forced to retake 101 courses cuz my transcripts didna make it *pout* *sulk!* *supersullen* and have no sb friendly snacks (or even lunch!) in the house. yes, my current emotional age is about 13-give or take a couple of years. but: i don't care! so there! pffltthp! *grin*

have a tintillating tuesday ladies! and kudos for staying on track (above and beyond) anita and velveteen
hey, eny you just join me in clambering back on top of that diet wagon. no worries at all :) as scarlett said "tomorrah is anothah day!".

we rock!

guynna
04-22-2008, 08:02 AM
You DO rock -- hey, we should form a band!

And to that 13 year old: "because I said so, that's why!"

Have a great day, ladies : )

PinkyPie
04-22-2008, 04:34 PM
Jan, I'm sorry. That really sucks. Grit your teeth and deal with it girl! **big hugs**

and Anita, we should form a band :lol:

another great day here - perfectly on plan and went to the gym. Have to go to bed now or it won't be pretty tomorrow morning!

GoldieStars
04-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Hello everyone! I am new here, I've been thinking of starting for awhile but today is my first official day. I'm excited and a bit scared (of failure). Right now my goal for the rest of this month is to start my exercise routine and eat healthier. I'm going to see my doctor on Friday to get a check up to make sure everything is running smoothly. I hope to add updates every week!

gaia2094
04-23-2008, 04:48 PM
GoldieStars- Hey, welcome! You only fail if you stop trying, so you're already a winner! I sound like those motivational speakers at school... you know, the ones you slept through...

I've been having a bad case of lurk, but it ends now! :cheer2: I had a not so special eating day because I'm stressing out... exam season. I'm studying my poor little darkling :bat: butt off, and I refuse to sleep tonight until I have this stuff down cold. I probably won't be sleeping until its over.

Who is psyched for BL? :hug: I'm so behind where I wanted to be weight-wise, a little competition should put my butt in gear. Can't wait to see how everyone does!

guynna
04-23-2008, 05:32 PM
Welcome, Goldie! Sounds like you have a good plan, doing things the healthy way.

Gaia, it may comfort you to know that exam season is also terribly stressful for professors -- I'm sitting here drinking a coffee smoothie and reading student papers : O
cheers,

mauvaisroux
04-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Welcome Goldie! :wave:

I have run off my feet this week at work as usual. :faint:

I did manage to find the energy to go for a walk with DH after work each day so far - and we are going to yoga class on Friday. I think I need to pick up some new yoga pants that are a bit cooler - we do bikram (yoga in a heated room) and I am finding it a bit too warm with my current gear. I need to hit up a discount store though as I can't justify spending $90.00 pm pair of designer yoga pants. :rolleyes:

Janda - I hope they figure out what is going on with your health problems soon - :grouphug:

gaia2094
04-23-2008, 10:05 PM
Guynna- In a weird way, I do feel better. I'm up cramming, drinking coffee with Splenda and soy creamer, determined to have everything down. I won't sleep tonight.

that1girl
04-23-2008, 10:11 PM
OMG!! my bf is so sweet. he brought home Skinny Cow mint chocolate ice cream sandwhiches for me. he made it clear to the roommates that they are mine and mine alone. theyre my treat for doing well with my mini goals this week (salad or at least vegetarian meals every night; no tv on weekdays; exercise). i can only have one a day max but they are my favorite light desert snack! now i dont have to keep growling at the half-gallon of strawberry cheesecake ice cream he has in the freezer!

jandaman
04-24-2008, 06:57 AM
ola guapas!

just a quickie... any idea what attacks of shooting pain in the right side of the stomach could be? along with continual aching of the hip bone and right side pelvic area??? well, none of my docs do. and it's getting worse. i was feeling better and thought it might just go away on its own. now patiently awaitng mri appt. am trying to stick to sb, but no exercise possible at this point.
sorry so whiny, ladies. just feel bleargh.

guynna
04-24-2008, 08:18 AM
OW! Janda, I'm so sorry. It sounds tres painful, but I have no idea. (Unless maybe it's 2 different things, like an ulcer or appendicitis plus something dislocated in your lower back -- but I'm sure your doctors would have figured that out.) Ow ow ow. Hope you feel better soon. (smooch)

Thatgirl has one cool boyfriend -- yay!

GoldieStars
04-24-2008, 04:55 PM
Gaia2094- I wish I could hire someone to walk behind me all day quoting those motivational posters I always see.

Yesterday was my first cardio workout, I went for 30 minutes on the eliptical. It almost didn't happen though, I contemplated not doing it at all because I was tired. Why do I try to sabotage myself?

guynna
04-24-2008, 09:03 PM
Oh man -- when you figure out that "sabotage" question, share the answer with the rest of us! But you DID go anyway, so good for you! I didn't go to Curves for my Wed workout yesterday, but I went today (and plan to go Sat instead of Fri); I can already "feel it": I feel better and have more energy when I work out, so hopefully it will get easier to remember the payoffs and just go to the gym without having to kick myself in the butt.

But, for now, pat yourself on the back b/c whatever you thought, however much you were tempted NOT to go, you DID go and work out! Rah!

gaia2094
04-24-2008, 10:30 PM
GoldieStars- True, but how expensive would that be? I'd rather buy clothes or music or an iPod.

Anyone else feel like they're stuck in between? Clothes, ideas, life, etc. I'm depressed, and the super fun kind of depressed I am is like a mild version of ADD, so sometimes my thoughts literally run away with me in tow. I've been caught between goth and hippie, gypsy and witch, all these ideas and sides of me and for some reason, I thought that I had to choose. Then, Audiosalve.

The lyrics kind of snapped me out of my rollercoaster: be yourself, that's all that you can do. I was like, "Whoa. They're famous, they should know." No, I didn't think that.

"Wow. Why didn't I think of that? I'm in college!"

That's what I thought.

So tonight I dyed my hair, intense auburn with lighter red highlights. I'm jotting down how my life is going to be in sync with all my likes and views and feelings on life. I feel a lot more refreshed, more alive than I had in a couple of days. Maybe finally having my last exam today helped, lol.

Well, enough of the philosophical stuff. I need to get my own butt on the treadmill. Goldie, you figure out the why, I'll pay you for it. ^_^

guynna
04-25-2008, 08:51 AM
Happy Friday, everyone -- Goldie, Gaia, Janda, Velvet, Eny, and all other alternachickies, have a great day : )

PinkyPie
04-26-2008, 07:29 AM
ola guapas!

just a quickie... any idea what attacks of shooting pain in the right side of the stomach could be? along with continual aching of the hip bone and right side pelvic area??? well, none of my docs do. and it's getting worse. i was feeling better and thought it might just go away on its own. now patiently awaitng mri appt. am trying to stick to sb, but no exercise possible at this point.
sorry so whiny, ladies. just feel bleargh.

don't be sorry, love - you don't feel well and if you need to be a bit "whiny" then so be it. we are here to support each other, so a big :hug: for you. I too have no idea what could be causing your pain... but I hope it does go away on it's own!

PinkyPie
04-26-2008, 07:36 AM
Hello everyone! I am new here, I've been thinking of starting for awhile but today is my first official day. I'm excited and a bit scared (of failure). Right now my goal for the rest of this month is to start my exercise routine and eat healthier. I'm going to see my doctor on Friday to get a check up to make sure everything is running smoothly. I hope to add updates every week!

Hey Goldie!! Welcome to the group! You have a great goal for the rest of this month. I guess you went to the doctor already? And is everything running smoothly?

GoldieStars- Hey, welcome! You only fail if you stop trying, so you're already a winner! I sound like those motivational speakers at school... you know, the ones you slept through...

I've been having a bad case of lurk, but it ends now! :cheer2: I had a not so special eating day because I'm stressing out... exam season. I'm studying my poor little darkling :bat: butt off, and I refuse to sleep tonight until I have this stuff down cold. I probably won't be sleeping until its over.

Who is psyched for BL? :hug: I'm so behind where I wanted to be weight-wise, a little competition should put my butt in gear. Can't wait to see how everyone does!

Glad you came out of lurkdom! I'm definitely looking forward to the BL challenge!

Welcome Goldie! :wave:

I have run off my feet this week at work as usual. :faint:

I did manage to find the energy to go for a walk with DH after work each day so far - and we are going to yoga class on Friday. I think I need to pick up some new yoga pants that are a bit cooler - we do bikram (yoga in a heated room) and I am finding it a bit too warm with my current gear. I need to hit up a discount store though as I can't justify spending $90.00 pm pair of designer yoga pants. :rolleyes:

Janda - I hope they figure out what is going on with your health problems soon - :grouphug:

Hello Ms. Evil Redhead :devil: work can be such a killer for energy, eh? I too had MAJOR issues with work stress this week... hence my lack of posting...

I totally get not wanting to spend $90 on a pair of yoga pants - I wouldn't look for alternatives as well!

OMG!! my bf is so sweet. he brought home Skinny Cow mint chocolate ice cream sandwiches for me. he made it clear to the roommates that they are mine and mine alone. they're my treat for doing well with my mini goals this week (salad or at least vegetarian meals every night; no tv on weekdays; exercise). i can only have one a day max but they are my favorite light desert snack! now i don't have to keep growling at the half-gallon of strawberry cheesecake ice cream he has in the freezer!

That is so sweet of him!! It's nice to be able to have a treat too, when everyone else is having one! We don't have a lot of options like that here, so I generally choose NO treat at all over spending my points on them... so far so good though... I keep saying over and over to myself "think of the end result... what do you want MORE...?"

PinkyPie
04-26-2008, 07:43 AM
Gaia2094- I wish I could hire someone to walk behind me all day quoting those motivational posters I always see.

Yesterday was my first cardio workout, I went for 30 minutes on the eliptical. It almost didn't happen though, I contemplated not doing it at all because I was tired. Why do I try to sabotage myself?

I know why :) Because it's not something we've made into a habit yet :) I had great plans myself of gymming 2 x this week and getting on my elliptical at home twice as well. Didn't happen. I'm still not used to it and I had a LOT of stress and getting home late from work going on this week (I work in finance and we had our end of month close this week, plus my boss left; those two things alone caused a LOT of stress).

But if you think about it in this way -
You go to bed at night because you need sleep
You wake up in the morning because you have to go to work, school, whatever
You shower because you need to get clean
You brush your teeth every day (twice, more for others) because it's kind of rank and nasty if you don't
You put on deoderant so you smell nice
You put clothes on because you don't want to go out naked
You wear shoes to protect your feet
You eat because you get hungry (and moreover our bodies need fuel)
You exercise because it makes you feel good, it's healthy, and will get you to where you want to be.

So, if you make it something that you do, something natural, then eventually it will be a habit and not something you try to put off. You wouldn't put off brushing your teeth would you? :)

Anyway, that's how I look at it. Don't get me wrong, I'm still working on making it a habit!!

Happy Friday, everyone -- Goldie, Gaia, Janda, Velvet, Eny, and all other alternachickies, have a great day : )

Hey Anita! Hope you had a great Friday yourself! I'm so glad it's weekend!!!

gaia2094
04-26-2008, 05:24 PM
Well, gained 2 lbs this week :( Apparently I can't be trusted with "discretionary calories" as given by my nutritionist. So, straight up 1500 calories until school starts again in August, when the BLC is over.

Yay! One more day and then BLC! :hug: The treadmill is coming in tonight, woo-hoo!!!:carrot:

PinkyPie
04-27-2008, 03:34 AM
Gaia - I'm sorry. It's only a VERY TEMPORARY gain... BL starts today and you are going to KICK SOME A$$!!!

mauvaisroux
04-27-2008, 01:00 PM
Hey everyone! :wave:

Our photo thread is now a permanent sticky above the Bio thread! :)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. :sunny:

I spent Saturday doing some spring cleaning and today I am off to yoga class. I did find something at the discount store - I got a pair of yoga pants, a tank and two sleeveless tops that have built in bras - all for $50.10 (taxes included), much better deal than 1 pair of pants at $90.00. :D

Gaia- I am stuck in between too! Try being 40 and being torn between still feeling a certain gothic hipness and trying to work in a very conservative workplace. AAARG!!!!! sometimes I feel like I am losing myself and other times I feel like I must look like I am trying too hard to hang on to the part of me that still feels like I am 25 and that I should just grow up and start trying to fit in - then every fibre of my being rises up to rebel against being conservative and trying to fit in. :(

Trying to strike a balance is sometimes very difficult. :p

PrettyPaula
04-27-2008, 02:31 PM
hey guys!

im new but im definately an alternachick!

hope you're all ok, its thunder storms galore here in england!

irishfairy
04-28-2008, 08:14 AM
WELCOME PAULA!!!!

hey all...well I gained 4 lbs over my canadian idol weekend I kept losing 2 then gaining it back for a week so I didn't weight myself after last wednesday when the scale said 176. I weighed myself yesterday at back down to 173!! so I am where I was the friday before CI. I sent in my video for CI on friday if it gets posted on the webpage I promise I will send you all the link...not all get posted. On the weekend was my grandpas 89 birthday he is my favourite person in my family :P the problem with the weekedn was my uncle, aunt and 2 cousins were coming. my one cousin is about 25 and he is super nice as well as my aunt but my uncle and my 22 year old female cousin are...MEAN. when I was younger my female cousin would say she wishes she could give me her hand me downs because my mom coulnd't afford brand name but I was so fat I would never fit in them....and more stuff like that about me being poor (which we weren't just not rich) or me being fat. We got to the dinner and my male cousin commented on how good I looked and how much I have lost. My aunt made a nice comment later in the night. my uncle and cousin who are so quick to comment about weight gain said nothing of the lose which I didn't expect them to anyways...but the good thing they had NOTHING negative to say to me. Also I went to the Mandarin (not sure if yo have those in the states) its a GIGANTIC chinese buffet. That was where the birthday was. I ate sushi, a small piece of chicken and a TINY piece of cheesecake for dessert...tiny tiny. I was SOOO proud of myself. and also found out I LOVE sushi. I weighed myself the day after and that was when I was 173. so I am proud of myself. its going to be a long day for me today because my DH works a double so he is gone now until midnight. but my mom and sis are staying the night so that should be fun. anyways talk to you all later.

guynna
04-28-2008, 01:19 PM
good on you, Irish! It can be so hard to deal with people who are not supportive, but it sounds like you did great. I'm glad you had some positive comments and got to celebrate the big day with your grandpa. I'm crossing m fingers about you getting posted; you could end up with a huge worldwide fan club of chicks!

PinkyPie
04-28-2008, 01:48 PM
Hey everyone! :wave:

Our photo thread is now a permanent sticky above the Bio thread! :)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. :sunny:

I spent Saturday doing some spring cleaning and today I am off to yoga class. I did find something at the discount store - I got a pair of yoga pants, a tank and two sleeveless tops that have built in bras - all for $50.10 (taxes included), much better deal than 1 pair of pants at $90.00. :D

Gaia- I am stuck in between too! Try being 40 and being torn between still feeling a certain gothic hipness and trying to work in a very conservative workplace. AAARG!!!!! sometimes I feel like I am losing myself and other times I feel like I must look like I am trying too hard to hang on to the part of me that still feels like I am 25 and that I should just grow up and start trying to fit in - then every fibre of my being rises up to rebel against being conservative and trying to fit in. :(

Trying to strike a balance is sometimes very difficult. :p

Hey Red :) Thanks so much for making our photo thread a sticky!! (:lol: ok I have to laugh everytime I say or read "sticky" because here in the Netherlands, that's slang for a joint)

Sounds like you got a GREAT deal at the discount store! whoo hoo!

You know I am almost 40 and while I don't work in a conservative place, I still feel somedays like "hmmm, should I act more my age? what do women my age act like?" You know what though... if you are not being yourself you won't "fit in" either, plus it will make you a very miserable Redhead. So just keep being yourself and screw whatever the rules say we are "supposed" to do or be :D

hey guys!

im new but im definately an alternachick!

hope you're all ok, its thunder storms galore here in england!

Hey Paula! Welcome to the group!

If you had thunderstorms, that means they are on the way HERE! Seems we always get your weather 1 - 2 days later!

WELCOME PAULA!!!!

hey all...well I gained 4 lbs over my canadian idol weekend I kept losing 2 then gaining it back for a week so I didn't weight myself after last wednesday when the scale said 176. I weighed myself yesterday at back down to 173!! so I am where I was the friday before CI. I sent in my video for CI on friday if it gets posted on the webpage I promise I will send you all the link...not all get posted. On the weekend was my grandpas 89 birthday he is my favourite person in my family :P the problem with the weekedn was my uncle, aunt and 2 cousins were coming. my one cousin is about 25 and he is super nice as well as my aunt but my uncle and my 22 year old female cousin are...MEAN. when I was younger my female cousin would say she wishes she could give me her hand me downs because my mom coulnd't afford brand name but I was so fat I would never fit in them....and more stuff like that about me being poor (which we weren't just not rich) or me being fat. We got to the dinner and my male cousin commented on how good I looked and how much I have lost. My aunt made a nice comment later in the night. my uncle and cousin who are so quick to comment about weight gain said nothing of the lose which I didn't expect them to anyways...but the good thing they had NOTHING negative to say to me. Also I went to the Mandarin (not sure if yo have those in the states) its a GIGANTIC chinese buffet. That was where the birthday was. I ate sushi, a small piece of chicken and a TINY piece of cheesecake for dessert...tiny tiny. I was SOOO proud of myself. and also found out I LOVE sushi. I weighed myself the day after and that was when I was 173. so I am proud of myself. its going to be a long day for me today because my DH works a double so he is gone now until midnight. but my mom and sis are staying the night so that should be fun. anyways talk to you all later.

Girl you did SO well!!! These are the kinds of things we are all faced with eventually... that is, people who want to keep you down, whether it's family or co-workers or people who are not really your friends... I'm very proud of you... and you know for yourself how successful you've been so far - these people wouldn't dare say anything about your weight loss because OH MY GOSH then they'd have to be NICE for a change! Ha! Who needs 'em, eh?

Def. let us know if your video goes up!

Had a great weekend - also down 2.6 pounds, whoo hoo!! Wanted to work out this evening but have a headache. Don't want to push it and make it worse. I think what I need is to just go to bed early tonight.

Are you all doing TBL? What teams are you on?

PrettyPaula
04-28-2008, 02:03 PM
well done on being so good at the birthday bash irish!! what a fabulous achievement, i bet it feels good to see that number droppung on the scale, i saw your photos in the thread above and you look fabulous!

velveteen thats a great loss... thanks for the welcome, we've had even more storms today, huge hail stones! seems spring is here with a vengeance!

My best friend is coming over tonight to re-do the pink in my hair, shes a hairdresser how lucky am i!

Im also looking forward to thursday as i have my next 1 and a half hour tattoo session on my sleeve... cant wait to get it going properly... once i can post pics i will share with everyone!

i've eaten on plan today, atkins induction... feels good to be doing it again, ive not felt hungry all day.. its so nice to not be hungry.

:)

PinkyPie
04-28-2008, 02:19 PM
We have a national holiday on Weds and Thurs - I was just saying to Ron (my DF) "I hope it blasts rail and hail on everyone Wednesday" (yes I'm evil like that - I hate Queen's Day...only drunk people, huge crowds, 45 minutes standing in a queue to use the toilet, dodgy food... It better be a seriously rocked out festival for me to be in that sort of situation and Queen's Day is NOTHING like that!) :lol: Looks like my wish may come true ;)

Looking forward to seeing your pics - hair and tatts and anything else! I used to have a good friend who was a hairdresser (as well as prof. body painter), what a great bonus!!

Good for you on your plan today!!

gaia2094
04-29-2008, 04:16 PM
Well, to every sick alternachick out there, I've joined the ranks. I had to go to the emergency room last night because the right side of my mouth is swollen, red, and hurts like ****. I can't open my mouth that much so I'm talking quietly, and I can't eat anything that can't be readily swallowed. I actually can't close my mouth without biting the swollen tissue. The ER doctor was absolutely no freaking help whatsoever. I kept saying, "Yes, my throat hurts a little bit at the top, but I can't EAT and I can't open my MOUTH. My MOUTH is what hurts, not my throat." They gave me a penicilin substitute and a prescription for more. I got a follow up call today (it hurt so much worse today than yesterday) from a nurse who can hear when I say its my mouth, not my throat that's driving me nuts. She said that I had pharyngitis (the doctor failed to mention this) and to gargle salt water, take some pain pills, and if it got worse, give them a call. Apparently this is going around; mom works at the health department, and a lot of cases of the same thing came in today. Yay. The only positive thing that can come of this is that I won't be able to overeat should I feel like it.

PinkyPie
04-29-2008, 04:17 PM
how's everyone doing?

almost MAY! and we cranked this thread this month! I loved chatting with you guys, I hope we can do it again (and have MORE successes!) in May!!!

:hug:

PinkyPie
04-29-2008, 04:18 PM
OMG Gaia, we were posting at the same time! I'm so sorry about your mouth! How very strange!! I sure hope it clears up soon!

stitchwitch1224
04-29-2008, 07:44 PM
Hi- I am somewhat new and was reading the posts and could totally relate to the being stuck in between. Here I am 35 and a teacher in a conservative, small southern town! I am new here so want to make friends but everyone is soooo darn christian (not that that is bad, but I am not). Also I feel like I am getting toooo old for my semi goth wierdness feelings.

By the way-
Went up to 183 then started South Beach and went down 177 in 2 weeks. Then slipped a couple of days and am up to 179. Right back on track today!

Tahnks for listening!;)

gaia2094
04-29-2008, 08:26 PM
stitchwitch- North Florida in general is way too conservative- I'm only about 90 miles from you. I think that for all us in-betweens, forget what the world thinks. If we have to change ourselves to make friends, what's the point? Also, I don't think there's a ceiling age for goth awesomeness- it'll never die. ;)
BTW, love love LOVE your avatar!

jandaman
04-30-2008, 07:27 AM
quick howdee

am still dealing w/my mystery health issues so don't really feel like talking much. just to let you know i'm lurking around thinkin boutchoo hot guapas!!!

see you in may!

PinkyPie
04-30-2008, 07:33 AM
Hi- I am somewhat new and was reading the posts and could totally relate to the being stuck in between. Here I am 35 and a teacher in a conservative, small southern town! I am new here so want to make friends but everyone is soooo darn christian (not that that is bad, but I am not). Also I feel like I am getting toooo old for my semi goth weirdness feelings.

By the way-
Went up to 183 then started South Beach and went down 177 in 2 weeks. Then slipped a couple of days and am up to 179. Right back on track today!

Thanks for listening!;)

WELCOME Stitchwitch!!! You are in good company here!

stitchwitch- North Florida in general is way too conservative- I'm only about 90 miles from you. I think that for all us in-betweens, forget what the world thinks. If we have to change ourselves to make friends, what's the point? Also, I don't think there's a ceiling age for goth awesomeness- it'll never die. ;)
BTW, love love LOVE your avatar!

Agree with EVERYTHING said here!! I'm nearly 40 and am actually picky now about who I want to be friends with. It used to be I just wanted to have some sort of social group... just to belong to something... being an expat it's pretty easy to join some sort of expat "club", but what's the point if you have nothing in common???? And then, when you really NEED these friends... they all disappear. Hard lesson to learn really, but at least now I KNOW who my real friends are.

In the meantime, I'm an internet message board geek. If I feel ok with my life in general and the "friends" I have online, then I think I'm doing all right. It's not perfect, but can't have everything, right? At least I'm still true to MYSELF!

quick howdee

am still dealing w/my mystery health issues so don't really feel like talking much. just to let you know i'm lurking around thinkin boutchoo hot guapas!!!

see you in may!

:hug:

thinking about you too Jan... wish I could do something to help.

irishfairy
04-30-2008, 03:03 PM
Hey all I didn't make it on CI :( oh well I posted my video on you tube for you all to see :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWbwdUWehPQI am a little nervous about the comments people will make...oh well

GoldieStars
04-30-2008, 03:50 PM
I didn't make it to the doctor last Friday, I had to reschedule for the 9th of May. I'm feeling a bit down. It's like whenever I get motivated something happens that shuts it down. My boyfriend's father died Thursday night, it was quite a surprise. I was ignoring my boyfriend's phone calls because I wanted to finish my workout, when I was done I called him and he told me the sad news.

Things have been so hectic since then, I really couldn't tell you what I've done for the past five days. It's time to move on though, my boyfriend wants to focus on the future and I'm right there with him. One more hurdle to jump over...

PrettyPaula
04-30-2008, 04:10 PM
woah goldie i am so so so sorry for your loss. how awful big hugs x

i hope everyone is doing ok... will post more in may thread however i am down 3 pounds, and i have just done the first C25K workout and a half hour of pilates :)

gaia2094
04-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Paula- Love the hair!

irishfairy- I thought it was great! I've honestly never heard the song before, but it sounded like you studied it well with all the pitch changes and stuff. Nicely done, girl!

gaia2094
04-30-2008, 05:09 PM
I'm having way too much fun over here, even being sick! My dad and I are brainstorming on making a couch/futon/bed thing for my dorm room that won't take up much room but can be used when people come over and lounge on it and then (dad's idea) fold it down and lock it as a bed. I'm in a newly built dorm this year with LOTS of room for two people. Yay!

mauvaisroux
04-30-2008, 10:15 PM
Velveteen - you are so right about being yourself - I definitely would not be happy!

Funny I said all that about growing up and thinking I should try to fit in and then I am planning what I am wearing to the Police/Elvis Costello concert tomorrow night ..... black skirt, red top and black hoodie with red & grey skulls on it . . . .:lol: guess you can't take the punk/new wave/goth out of this alternachick ..... hmmm...would carrying my black and red patent leather devil head purse be too much? :rofl:

I will pop in on Friday and let you know how the concert went - I am soooo excited to be going!:cb:

Paula & Stitchwitch -Welcome to the group! :wave:

Irishfairy - nice job on the song! :cp:

Janda - hope you are feeling better soon :hug:

Goldie - sorrry to hear about your loss :grouphug:

stitchwitch1224
05-01-2008, 05:44 PM
Had a good day today. Found out I am going to have a job teaching 4th grade next year. I currently teach 5th (which I love) but it is being moved to the middle school and the principal there wants to hire her own teachers. But they asked me to do 4th. Plus I am doing an after school, school at home for a kid who got suspended for the rest of the year.

As a teacher, it is important to make as much $ as I can before summer. Plus my DH is leaving for Puerto Rico for 7 weeks to work on his disertation (with no pay) ugghhhh...

Any way.... I am thinking about going to this Unity Church this Sun. they are supposed to be really open about spirituality and I have been feeling the need for that lately. I want to check it out to see if I can take my boys there. I have never been to church before.

My reward to myself when I loose the weight is a new tattoo. I haven't had one for 12 years, It will encourage me to be good.
See you guys, I think I will go for a walk.:yes: