Weight Loss Support - 1st Annual 3fc ~ 5K: Angie Leaves Ezmoney....

Pages : [1] 2

EZMONEY
04-04-2008, 12:16 AM
in the dust...as usual ;) at the Carlsbad 5000!

This Sunday Angie and I, along with other family members, are in the Carlsbad, CA. 5K. The "World's Fastest 5K". We enter it almost every year, there are about 5,000 kids on Saturday and then over 10,000 adults on Sunday. It has been a lot of fun for our family over the years.

This year Alan Webb, the USA record holder in the mile, will be running, Steve Scott who held the record before Webb broke it, has the most sub-4 minute miles and was my son's college coach, will also be in it as it is HIS race! Should be fun!

I will probably walk this year but am entering the "40 and over run"...the walk is too late in the day and we go as a family to breakfast after we are all finished... after we leave the beer garden...I have never seen so many people line up for their 2 free beers at 9am!!

WHAT DOES ALL THIS MEAN TO YOU?

EVERYTHING!

I thought it would be a good idea to have our first annual "3FC ~ I'M NOT A WHIMP ANYMORE ~ 5K!"

For those of you that don't know ~ 5K equals 3.1 miles!

Since it is my idea, I am making the rules....First rule ~ Rules can change!

DATE OF RACE ~ APRIL 12-13 Either day you want to run/walk it is fine with me.

COST ~ A few calories!

LOCATION ~ Wherever you want!

PRIZES ~ PRIDE!

CATEGORIES ~..........

ELITE ~ You already are a runner

SEMI-ELITE ~ Walkers

VIRGIN ~First timer

WALKING WITH MY DOGS ~Might be me! GOING DOG SOLO ~ for bargoo!

I AM TALKING MY S.O. INTO TRYIG IT! ~Bring your spouse/mate for a walk/run

CAN'T DITCH THE KIDS ~Try running away from them for 3.1 miles

HONEY GRAB ME A BEER ~Sure, after I finish 3.1 miles...Angie has this one down pat!

4 EASY INSTALLMENT PLAN ~For those that can't get 3.1 miles finished in one trip take it easy in 4 small trips of less than 1 mile each!

TIME TO GET OFF MY BUTT AND TRY SOMETHING NEW ~Why not start here?

CAN I DRIVE THIS YEAR? Sure! As long as you are driving someplace where you can focus on your new plan to just do it in our 2nd 3FC I'M NOT A WHIMP ANYMORE 5K!

I CAN'T COMPETE THIS YEAR BUT I WILL PRAY FOR NEXT YEAR ~ Gotcha covered! :hug:

THE CAN I WALK IT ON THE TREADMILL "KAREN" 5K ~ Of course!

STAY AT HOME MOMS ~ for Shelby!

WOGGERS (?)~ for cheetara!...walker/jogger....or...a weak blogger

SEMI-ELITE-VIRGIN ~ for faerie!

WALK OFF THAT CAKE ~ for BECKY!

CHICO and The Man ~ if Allison's DH and mutt join her

EARLY BIRD SPECIAL ~ for CLYDEGIRL and HAT TRICK

EVEE...OO ~ The "almost" RACHAEL RAY SPECIAL ~ for BILLBLUEEYES

Almost 11 years ago I quit smoking, I walked a 5K the very next day with my wife and daughter, as my son ran it and came back to walk me to the finish. We have never stopped doing them as a family, since we started we have added a :love: daughter in law :love: :p son in law :p nephew, BIL and SIL to the team....even friends of our kids! We all don't do every one together, but as a family we do quite a few each and every year, Angie and I do them every chance we get...it is easy where we live, the weather is usually good so there are many to choose from. If I had never entered that first one, one that was so difficult to do, I really don't think I would be alive to share my story today. Angie and I have so much fun doing them then going out to breakfast...we have even made second service at church after a few!

I'm not looking for miracles here, I think if we get 100 of us in it for our first one that would be cool! ;) So are you in? Feel free to enter in any category you choose or make up your very own!

We will ALL benefit by your entry...especially YOU!! :)

I will probably enter the "I AM WALKING WITH MY WIFE AND DOGS TO STARBUCKS NEXT SATURDAY FOR A 3.5 MILE WALK THROUGH BUNNY POOP PARK" category!

JOIN ME WON'T YOU?...What have you got to loose?...a few pounds?! :carrot:

Karen31
04-04-2008, 12:30 AM
Hey Gary!!! Good to hear from you! Can we walk it on the treadmill???? Still snowing here! If the weather is good put me in the category of WALKING WITH MY DOGS! And if the house sells and we are packing up---- count me in for next year!

EZMONEY
04-04-2008, 12:33 AM
Karen ~ I already added you to my category list...no excuses to wait til next year!! Hugs!

shelby897
04-04-2008, 12:34 AM
I would like to join the "overweight/out of shape SAHM" category -- but I'm up for the challenge -- definitely can't do the "walk the dog" category with you -- my black lab is too crazy fast -- maybe if he would come back to get me a time or two :D -- however -- I promise that at least a portion of it will be a hike through the woods with the kids -- since the treadmill isn't terribly exciting (unless there's a good episode of COPS on!!).

P.S. -- Are you taking us all out for breakfast after?

EZMONEY
04-04-2008, 12:41 AM
SHELBY ~ I will take any of my 3FC friends to breakfast after a 5K they do with Angie and I!!

jamsk8r
04-04-2008, 12:53 AM
Dang! Sounds like fun, but am hosting a group dog scootering run on that Saturday, and have skating on Sunday. Running won't be happening either of those days for me. :( Does it count if I'm on wheels and my dog is doing the running? I'm much faster that way. ;)

EZMONEY
04-04-2008, 12:57 AM
of course it does CHERYL!...welcome...and as soon as I get time I am joining your dog walk thread too!

bargoo
04-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Do you have a Walking with my dog category ?I just have one , sign me up for the solo dog walkers.

StillTryin
04-04-2008, 12:36 PM
Gary, I used to live near Carlsbad.....OMG!

I will do the 5K, I will be at State Youth Bowling with my son, so I will have time to jump on the treadmill in the morning, if that is OK...

mandalinn82
04-04-2008, 12:48 PM
I am SO in.

I guess I fall into "elite" - I'll be running it, and I've done it before.

I love this idea!

Lovely
04-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Yay! I'd love to :) I guess I'm a Semi-Elite Virgin :o :lol: :running:

alinnell
04-04-2008, 12:56 PM
Gary~my family and I have done 4 5k races in the past 13 months. I've progressed from walking my first in 47 minutes to jogging most of it in 37 minutes. They are a lot of fun! Generally DS and I jog and DH and DD walk. If only we had more family around to join us.

Ok, so Carlsbad...we were there on April 8th for my SIL's wedding (she flew down from SLC for the weekend). After the wedding on the beach, we headed into town for lunch and ran into a group of Hash House Harriers. Ever heard of them? They were having one of their regular pub crawls--in costume. What a group! You should join--you'd fit right in!

ETA photo of last 5k~DS in front, Chico and me!!
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z104/alinnell/5K.jpg

Rhighlan86
04-04-2008, 12:57 PM
That sounds like a good plan...for me it'll probably sound something like day after my birthday and I need to walk off some cake :lol:

midwife
04-04-2008, 12:57 PM
I am so in!! What a great idea! I guess I am....ELITE??? Who me????

100 3fcers? We can totally do it! Let's get more than 100! Who else is in?

upswife
04-04-2008, 03:56 PM
SOunds so cool. DH has been trying to talk me into something like this. Most likely will be done on the treadmill...the weather around here has been hit or miss...mostly miss. :D I believe I am in the semi-elite category.

cheetara
04-04-2008, 04:01 PM
How cool! I registered for the Carlsbad 5000 this year, but I have to work this wkend. Drat.

Anyways - what about us WOGGERS?

Hat Trick
04-04-2008, 10:12 PM
To quote Cameron, from Ferris Bueller's Day Off, "He'll keep calling me, he'll keep calling me until I come over. He'll make me feel guilty. This is uh... This is ridiculous, ok I'll go, I'll go, I'll go, I'll go, I'll go. What - I'LL GO."

Sign me up. I need to enter the "Early Bird Special: Run/Walk" and do mine on Friday, 4/11. Is that allowed? :D

P.S. You had me going w/the thread title. Thought your wife left you. Then again, that's what you wanted me to think right? Good one! :lol:

Clydegirl
04-04-2008, 10:20 PM
Count me in. The overweight SAHM group.

I will do it on the Friday if that's OK.

SunshineRunner
04-05-2008, 12:07 AM
I'm double category - Virgin Elite - first time 5K, but also a runner anyways...at least getting there. Count me in!!!

jamsk8r
04-05-2008, 04:30 AM
Thanks, EZ! Me and one dog are IN! I'll look forward to seeing you over at the dogwalking thread (Pudgy Pets forum, if anyone else wants to join in...sorry, I haven't figured how to link to other posts yet).

Hey, everybody should try and get a picture to share, from their 3FC 5K, and post it here when they're done!

Tomato
04-05-2008, 08:54 AM
Good morning,
Please sign me in. I will most likely combine a few categories - like Fairie, I would classify myself as semi-elite virgin (LOL) - I will cover a portion of the race with my dogs (after the long winter, my couch potatoes need the exercise very badly), and the rest on the treadmill. I am not sure if I am ready to be huffin' and puffin' (and sweatin' profusely) in the public.

But - I promise to do a double dose, 4 miles both on Saturday as well as on Sunday. How's that? :D

mj5
04-05-2008, 11:20 AM
What a great idea! Count me in! Add me to the semi-elite virgin category. Location will depend on the weather...if it's nice, it will be outside w/ the dogs, otherwise treadmill for me!

BillBlueEyes
04-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Please sign me up, as Extra Virgin Elite Elder (EVEE).

EZMONEY
04-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Do you have a Walking with my dog category ?I just have one , sign me up for the solo dog walkers.

I have amended the categories...you're in!

Gary, I used to live near Carlsbad.....OMG!

I have lived near Carlsbad my entire life!

I will do the 5K, I will be at State Youth Bowling with my son, so I will have time to jump on the treadmill in the morning, if that is OK...

PERFECT!...been to many Youth State Bowling events over the years myself!

I am SO in.

I guess I fall into "elite" - I'll be running it, and I've done it before.

I love this idea!

You are ALWAYS "ELITE" in my book KIDDO!

Yay! I'd love to :) I guess I'm a Semi-Elite Virgin :o :lol: :running:

I have amended the categories...you are in!

Gary~my family and I have done 4 5k races in the past 13 months. I've progressed from walking my first in 47 minutes to jogging most of it in 37 minutes. They are a lot of fun! Generally DS and I jog and DH and DD walk. If only we had more family around to join us.

Ok, so Carlsbad...we were there on April 8th for my SIL's wedding (she flew down from SLC for the weekend). After the wedding on the beach, we headed into town for lunch and ran into a group of Hash House Harriers. Ever heard of them? They were having one of their regular pub crawls--in costume. What a group! You should join--you'd fit right in!

ETA photo of last 5k~DS in front, Chico and me!!
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z104/alinnell/5K.jpg

Love the picture ALLISON...you now have your own category!

EZMONEY
04-05-2008, 02:14 PM
That sounds like a good plan...for me it'll probably sound something like day after my birthday and I need to walk off some cake :lol:

BECKY you now have a birthday cake category!

I am so in!! What a great idea! I guess I am....ELITE??? Who me????

OF COURSE! You are ALWAYS ELITE...unless you "drop" one ;)

100 3fcers? We can totally do it! Let's get more than 100! Who else is in?

SOunds so cool. DH has been trying to talk me into something like this. Most likely will be done on the treadmill...the weather around here has been hit or miss...mostly miss. :D I believe I am in the semi-elite category.

Maybe a UPS vs. FEDX category?

How cool! I registered for the Carlsbad 5000 this year, but I have to work this wkend. Drat.

BUMMER! Glad to see your a local though!

Anyways - what about us WOGGERS?

Gotcha covered in a new category!

To quote Cameron, from Ferris Bueller's Day Off, "He'll keep calling me, he'll keep calling me until I come over. He'll make me feel guilty. This is uh... This is ridiculous, ok I'll go, I'll go, I'll go, I'll go, I'll go. What - I'LL GO."

Sign me up. I need to enter the "Early Bird Special: Run/Walk" and do mine on Friday, 4/11. Is that allowed? :D

Have you sharing a new category with Clydegirl.

P.S. You had me going w/the thread title. Thought your wife left you. She did...she comes back every Friday...payday ;) Then again, that's what you wanted me to think right? Good one! :lol:

I'm afraid to ask what people think about me ;)

Count me in. The overweight SAHM group.

I will do it on the Friday if that's OK.

You are in the EARLY BIRD SPECIAL CATEGORY...why though so early...a game on Saturday?...go Dodgers!

I'm double category - Virgin Elite - first time 5K, but also a runner anyways...at least getting there. Count me in!!!

Anyone with the same name as my daughter is ELITE!

EZMONEY
04-05-2008, 02:20 PM
Thanks, EZ! Me and one dog are IN! I'll look forward to seeing you over at the dogwalking thread (Pudgy Pets forum, if anyone else wants to join in...sorry, I haven't figured how to link to other posts yet).

Hey, everybody should try and get a picture to share, from their 3FC 5K, and post it here when they're done!

Love the picture idea CHERYL!

Good morning,
Please sign me in. I will most likely combine a few categories - like Fairie, I would classify myself as semi-elite virgin (LOL) - I will cover a portion of the race with my dogs (after the long winter, my couch potatoes need the exercise very badly), and the rest on the treadmill. I am not sure if I am ready to be huffin' and puffin' (and sweatin' profusely) in the public.

Huffin' puffin' this year TOMATO...but "wait til next year's race!"...just wait....so much future ahead!!

But - I promise to do a double dose, 4 miles both on Saturday as well as on Sunday. How's that? :D

Works for me!

What a great idea! Count me in! Add me to the semi-elite virgin category. Location will depend on the weather...if it's nice, it will be outside w/ the dogs, otherwise treadmill for me!

Or you could do like Ceaser and put those dogs on the treadmill with ya if the weather is nasty! Good luck...hope the sun is shining!!

Please sign me up, as Extra Virgin Elite Elder (EVEE).

Gotcha covered in the "almost RACHAEL-EVOO- RAY" category BILL!

WE STILL HAVE SPOTS AVAILABLE GALS!!

EZMONEY
04-05-2008, 02:29 PM
"UP-DATED CATEGORY LIST"

SEMI-ELITE ~ Walkers

VIRGIN ~First timer

HONEY GRAB ME A BEER ~Sure, after I finish 3.1 miles...Angie has this one down pat!

4 EASY INSTALLMENT PLAN ~For those that can't get 3.1 miles finished in one trip take it easy in 4 small trips of less than 1 mile each!

CAN I DRIVE THIS YEAR? Sure! As long as you are driving someplace where you can focus on your new plan to just do it in our 2nd 3FC I'M NOT A WHIMP ANYMORE 5K!

I CAN'T COMPETE THIS YEAR BUT I WILL PRAY FOR NEXT YEAR ~ Gotcha covered!

ANGIE DITCHED ME! ~Going to have to go without my wife...I forgot she is leaving for NEW YORK CITY on Saturday morning to see my step-daughter at school.

jcatron243
04-05-2008, 03:07 PM
Okay, I'm in for this. It will have to be the 4 easy installments plan for me. I will walk on breaks at work. According to our Health and Safety supervisor the trail around the plant is approx 3/4 of a mile. I will have to split my installments up 2 each day.

alinnell
04-05-2008, 05:55 PM
Gary, actually my category should be Chico and the Bud Man (cuz DH will be bringing the yellow dog, Buddy!).

murphmitch
04-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Count me in. This sounds like fun. Makes me really feel connected to all you guys! Consider me a wogger too.

Mel
04-05-2008, 07:07 PM
LOL! Great idea. I'm in. If the weather is nice, I'll go run the big loop in Valley Forge Park, so you can put me in the "Old Fossil Looking at American History" category. If it's not a perfect day, I'll be on the treadmill. That would be the "Fair Weather Runner" category ;)

Mel

EZMONEY
04-05-2008, 11:54 PM
Okay, I'm in for this. It will have to be the 4 easy installments plan for me. I will walk on breaks at work. According to our Health and Safety supervisor the trail around the plant is approx 3/4 of a mile. I will have to split my installments up 2 each day.

Anyway you get it done "J" is OK with us!

Gary, actually my category should be Chico and the Bud Man (cuz DH will be bringing the yellow dog, Buddy!).

I'm known as the BUD MAN around here...when I'm not drinking my MGD's! ;)

Count me in. This sounds like fun. Makes me really feel connected to all you guys! Consider me a wogger too.

ANNE we will always consider you!

LOL! Great idea. I'm in. If the weather is nice, I'll go run the big loop in Valley Forge Park, so you can put me in the "Old Fossil Looking at American History" category. If it's not a perfect day, I'll be on the treadmill. That would be the "Fair Weather Runner" category ;)

Mel

I will get your category(s) added MEL!! :)

EZMONEY
04-05-2008, 11:58 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"UP-DATED CATEGORY LIST"

SEMI-ELITE ~ Walkers

VIRGIN ~First timer

ANGIE DITCHED ME! ~Going to have to go without my wife...I forgot she is leaving for NEW YORK CITY on Saturday morning to see my step-daughter at school.

MEL'S Old Fossil Looking At American History...or...Fair Weather Runner Entry :)

ENNAY WANTS IT MORE THAN ONCE ~for those that want to do more!

EZMONEY
04-06-2008, 12:03 AM
Counting Angie...she will do it before she leaves for N.Y. we have 24!

Hat Trick
04-06-2008, 04:28 PM
Hey Gary, if you're lookin' for a Run Title/Theme Song might I suggest Lenny Kravitz's "Where Are We Runnin'"? Seems fitting!! :D

EZMONEY
04-06-2008, 06:23 PM
Hey Gary, if you're lookin' for a Run Title/Theme Song might I suggest Lenny Kravitz's "Where Are We Runnin'"? Seems fitting!! :D

Works for me HAT TRICK but I prefer LADY myself :)

EZMONEY
04-06-2008, 06:43 PM
We had our 5K today. My nephew ran 25 something, Angie had a 31:08, I had a 33:44 and my daughter had to stop and "get rid of some breakfast"...she still finished strong and felt much better! My brother in law couldn't make it, got called into emergency surgery, so he and my sil missed it and my :p son in law :p wasn't feeling well....probably knowing I would beat him ;)

I posted a couple of pics on in "C-N Nothing But Butt" in this forum.

Clydegirl
04-06-2008, 06:57 PM
Whoops I thought it was next weekend.

I'm planning on walking Friday. I've been training a little bit more each day.

EZMONEY
04-06-2008, 07:15 PM
Whoops I thought it was next weekend.

I'm planning on walking Friday. I've been training a little bit more each day.

IT IS CLYDEGIRL!

OUR 3FC 5K is next week-end!

Angie and I just had one today also!!....now back to the game...my DODGERS are tied in another pitching duel!

ennay
04-06-2008, 08:42 PM
Does it count as multiple entries if I do it more than once? :D

Lessseee... I think my training plan has about 8 on Saturday and 12-14 on sunday. So 2.5 times on Sat and 4 times on Sunday :D

We should recruit Helen (YP1) she has the London Marathon next weekend --that is 8.45 times.

I guess that's my category...I LIKE MULTIPLES ;)

EZMONEY
04-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Does it count as multiple entries if I do it more than once? :D

Lessseee... I think my training plan has about 8 on Saturday and 12-14 on sunday. So 2.5 times on Sat and 4 times on Sunday :D

We should recruit Helen (YP1) she has the London Marathon next weekend --that is 8.45 times.

I guess that's my category...I LIKE MULTIPLES ;)

I have up-dated and you now have your very own like it more than once category for running or.....;)

veggielover
04-06-2008, 10:05 PM
gary, i haven't been on this forum for the longest time and when i logged in, you kind of had me in a panic with that thread title!

DONT SCARE US. But I know Ang probably wouldnt ever leave you :)

Mary from Maine
04-07-2008, 04:47 AM
Coming out of lurk-dom to request being added to the "semi-elite" category for Saturday.

Pachyderm
04-07-2008, 09:39 AM
Am I allowed to cycle it if I promise to do double or triple the milage? I can't run or walk much at the moment due to foot injury :(

If so, count me in!

Mrs Snark
04-07-2008, 09:50 AM
I guess I'm in the ENNAY WANTS IT MORE THAN ONCE category since I have a 6 miler on the schedule for Saturday. But I won't be running as fast as Ennay, that's for sure!

lovnmom
04-07-2008, 10:48 AM
Gary, count me in. I'll be trekking through the woods with my children and our dog. I know the hubby won't do it so maybe I should make him fetch me a beer at the end lol This is a great idea. I love the picture idea. Maybe someone can help me figure out how to put "little" pictures at the bottom. I've tried and they end up SO big...

redsoxgirl
04-07-2008, 10:59 AM
I'm in...I guess in the multiple category, since I'm signed up for a 5 miler on Sunday.

upswife
04-07-2008, 05:54 PM
Wow!!! gary had me scared for a min...I didn't realize that his was this weekend! oops! As much As I like thed UPS vs FEDex I will probably be in the early bird category for Friday...tho will try to get the kiddies to move on Saturday too. ((hugs)) and ice pack to all those "training" :rofl:

mrsaugie
04-07-2008, 07:00 PM
count me in hopfully the weather is nice and i can do it outside i have been waiting for the snow to go away. and if it is not to sloppy ( my route is gravel).

EZMONEY
04-07-2008, 08:14 PM
gary, i haven't been on this forum for the longest time and when i logged in, you kind of had me in a panic with that thread title!

Why does everyone panic when I am around? Am I that bad!?...don't answer that!

DONT SCARE US. But I know Ang probably wouldnt ever leave you :)

She has tried many times VEGGIE! But I have the perfect place for hiding the keys to her car!

Coming out of lurk-dom to request being added to the "semi-elite" category for Saturday.

MARY! We saw you....welcome to the "semi-elites!"

Am I allowed to cycle it if I promise to do double or triple the milage? I can't run or walk much at the moment due to foot injury :(

If so, count me in!

OF COURSE!!! We aren't concerned on how you get there...or how fast...just as long as you do!! Cycle away dear!! I will add you to the CATEGORY LIST!

I guess I'm in the ENNAY WANTS IT MORE THAN ONCE category since I have a 6 miler on the schedule for Saturday. But I won't be running as fast as Ennay, that's for sure!

JOSEPHINE...we don't even try to keep up with ENNAY...she just Ca-RAAAAZZZYYYY! Congrats on having the 6 already planned! You're in!

EZMONEY
04-07-2008, 08:19 PM
Gary, count me in. I'll be trekking through the woods with my children and our dog. I know the hubby won't do it so maybe I should make him fetch me a beer at the end lol This is a great idea. I love the picture idea. Maybe someone can help me figure out how to put "little" pictures at the bottom. I've tried and they end up SO big...

All I can say is you have to resize them...Angie has to help me...I am not good with computers!

I'm in...I guess in the multiple category, since I'm signed up for a 5 miler on Sunday.

You got it REDSOXGIRL!

Wow!!! gary had me scared for a min...I didn't realize that his was this weekend! oops! As much As I like thed UPS vs FEDex I will probably be in the early bird category for Friday...tho will try to get the kiddies to move on Saturday too. ((hugs)) and ice pack to all those "training" :rofl:

We are not concerned on WHEN you get it done dear!

count me in hopfully the weather is nice and i can do it outside i have been waiting for the snow to go away. and if it is not to sloppy ( my route is gravel).

Here is a prayer that the snow has melted and the road is safe! :angel:

EZMONEY
04-07-2008, 08:21 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"UP-DATED CATEGORY LIST"

SEMI-ELITE ~ Walkers

VIRGIN ~First timer

MEL'S Old Fossil Looking At American History...or...Fair Weather Runner Entry :)

YOU MAY CYCLE IT ~ courtesy of PACHYDERM!

EZMONEY
04-07-2008, 08:23 PM
We are up to 31....spread the word...we are short of our goal so far!

Shrinking Mama
04-07-2008, 09:01 PM
What fun! Sign me up for Saturday please! I'd love to join in as a Semi-Elite walker.

EZMONEY
04-07-2008, 09:07 PM
What fun! Sign me up for Saturday please! I'd love to join in as a Semi-Elite walker.

You are in as #32 SHRINKING!!

jeweliek
04-07-2008, 10:32 PM
Oh.....I don't know any of you and haven't been chatting, but if I am still able I would love to be a WOGGER with Cheetara.

I did my first 5k on March 15. I am SOOOOO hooked. Love them, just not a runner, yet!

Diva
04-07-2008, 10:47 PM
Count me as "SEMI-ELITE". I'd like to run it, but the Hip is giving me troubles, so I'm a walker. :) I'll either do it on the TM or outside on the pavement. :) I'll be walking off Birthday cake too! Mine is on the 15th, but we are celebrating Friday & Sat. I like to drag these things out, hehe. ;)

Yayaism
04-07-2008, 10:50 PM
Sign me up for the installment plan! I can't run yet, but I can walk, walk, walk :)

EZMONEY
04-07-2008, 10:55 PM
Oh.....I don't know any of you and haven't been chatting, but if I am still able I would love to be a WOGGER with Cheetara.

I did my first 5k on March 15. I am SOOOOO hooked. Love them, just not a runner, yet!

CONGRATS on your first 5K JEWELIEK! CHEETRA will enjoy the company....she lives in "my neighborhood" so maybe we will all see each other! Love the TOMMY LASORDA quote! ...go DODGERS!

Count me as "SEMI-ELITE". I'd like to run it, but the Hip is giving me troubles, so I'm a walker. :) I'll either do it on the TM or outside on the pavement. :) I'll be walking off Birthday cake too! Mine is on the 15th, but we are celebrating Friday & Sat. I like to drag these things out, hehe. ;)

HEY DIVA! Go ahead and drag those birthdays out 'cause when you get to be my age you find out you are "just draggin'!" Welcome to the 5k!

WE NOW HAVE 34!! :carrot:

EZMONEY
04-07-2008, 10:56 PM
Sign me up for the installment plan! I can't run yet, but I can walk, walk, walk :)

You will be walking as #35! :carrot:

zinkemomx2
04-07-2008, 11:20 PM
I AM TALKING MY S.O. INTO TRYING IT! ~Bring your spouse/mate for a walk/run

:yes:I wanna join. I'll be doing the "I SENT THE KIDS TO GRAMMA'S, TRYING TO CONVINCE DH, WOGGING, MAYBE IN INSTALLMENTS, TREADMILL IF WEATHER DOESN'T PERMIT 5K" :running::tread:

EZMONEY
04-07-2008, 11:34 PM
:yes:I wanna join. I'll be doing the "I SENT THE KIDS TO GRAMMA'S, TRYING TO CONVINCE DH, WOGGING, MAYBE IN INSTALLMENTS, TREADMILL IF WEATHER DOESN'T PERMIT 5K" :running::tread:

AWESOME! #36 ZINKEMOMx2...I will add your category to the list!

lois lane
04-07-2008, 11:39 PM
Hey, I'm in. Category of Semi -Elite Virgin :)

EZMONEY
04-07-2008, 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by EZMONEY

"UP-DATED CATEGORY LIST"

SEMI-ELITE ~ Walkers

VIRGIN ~First timer

MEL'S Old Fossil Looking At American History...or...Fair Weather Runner Entry

SENT THE KIDDO'S TO GRANDMA'S ~ thanks to ZINKEMOMx2

EZMONEY
04-07-2008, 11:41 PM
Hey, I'm in. Category of Semi -Elite Virgin :)

SUPER...man...just SUPER, LOIS! You are #37!

ahill1979
04-07-2008, 11:43 PM
Count me in. I will be in the Woggers group. I am planning on doing a 5K at the end of April and need all the training I can get. Thanks for getting this together!

Mikella
04-07-2008, 11:47 PM
My wife, ahill, talked me into doing this. I am looking forward to it. Woggers for me too.

Jon

shelby897
04-08-2008, 12:00 AM
EZ -- do you mind if we link you into a couple of other groups -- I was thinking of heading over to the 100 lb club and sending some your way, if I can. :)

jeweliek
04-08-2008, 12:01 AM
EZ -- do you mind if we link you into a couple of other groups -- I was thinking of heading over to the 100 lb club and sending some your way, if I can. :)

Oh....I will put the link in the MRC group too. There are a couple of people that love the ideas of 5ks!!!!

EZMONEY
04-08-2008, 12:24 AM
Count me in. I will be in the Woggers group. I am planning on doing a 5K at the end of April and need all the training I can get. Thanks for getting this together!

Super AHILL! This is the time of year to do 5k's! All I did was post the thread...we....are getting it together!

My wife, ahill, talked me into doing this. I am looking forward to it. Woggers for me too.

Jon

Right on! JON! :carrot:...my wife Angie, beat me...as usual...on the 5K we did yesterday...Do IT FOR US GUYS!

SHELBY anything we can do to get our 3FC friends moving is a good thing! THANKS! :)

Oh....I will put the link in the MRC group too. There are a couple of people that love the ideas of 5ks!!!!

AWESOME JEWELIEK!

EZMONEY
04-08-2008, 12:25 AM
That makes 39!

Ilene
04-08-2008, 12:28 AM
I guess I'm ELITE since I've been there done that...

GirlyGirlSebas
04-08-2008, 12:32 AM
Sign me up....and, I'll drag Hubby out there with me. We've begun walking the neighborhood lately, so this will be a great incentive to keep going.

EZMONEY
04-08-2008, 12:39 AM
I guess I'm ELITE since I've been there done that...

You are always ELITE ILENE!

Sign me up....and, I'll drag Hubby out there with me. We've begun walking the neighborhood lately, so this will be a great incentive to keep going.

Drag him ~ push him ~ pull him ~ bribe him ~ anything you can RHONDA...just get him out there! I will add a category for you!

EZMONEY
04-08-2008, 12:41 AM

"UP-DATED CATEGORY LIST"

SEMI-ELITE ~ Walkers

VIRGIN ~First timer

BALL and CHAIN ~ Thanks to RHONDA!

EZMONEY
04-08-2008, 12:42 AM
up to 42 folks!

DMPLS
04-08-2008, 12:50 AM
Ok so I will definately do this however I will strive for the full thing at one time..........but have not done more than 1.5miles at a time......so might possibly split it into two sessions....

what category am I in??? LOL

SoulBliss
04-08-2008, 12:50 AM
I'm doing the "I'll be sitting on my @$$ all day in The Hyatt Regency Irvine at a conference and will be working it out on the treadmill with DH then enjoying the jacuzzi" version!!! ;)

EZMONEY
04-08-2008, 12:58 AM
Ok so I will definately do this however I will strive for the full thing at one time..........but have not done more than 1.5miles at a time......so might possibly split it into two sessions....

what category am I in??? LOL

You can split it any way you want DMPLS! I will get you a category!

I'm doing the "I'll be sitting on my @$$ all day in The Hyatt Regency Irvine at a conference and will be working it out on the treadmill with DH then enjoying the jacuzzi" version!!! ;)

Wave to me when you drive by O'side :wave: SOUL! Gotcha your own category!

EZMONEY
04-08-2008, 01:01 AM
"UP-DATED CATEGORY LIST"

SEMI-ELITE ~ Walkers

VIRGIN ~First timer

SPLITSVILLE ~ for DMPLS and anyone else that needs to spit up the 3.1 miles!

ALMOST A VACATION 5K ~ SOUL sips on her veggie drink and still does a 5K!...AWESOME!!!

EZMONEY
04-08-2008, 01:02 AM
SOUL I am throwing your DH into the 5K...up to 45!

traveling michele
04-08-2008, 01:08 AM
I will definitely join in!
I'll be in the "walking my dogs" category.
It looks like it will be a nice weekend and my doggies love to walk to the doggie park!
Here is our Great Dane, Jozi, meeting a friend at the dog park:
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/micheleshaw/2008/100_1342.jpg

And here is our Doberman, Ozzie, doing his fave thing at the park (running around in circles with a tennis ball!):
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/micheleshaw/2008/100_1339.jpg

Yayaism
04-08-2008, 01:16 AM
YAY! talked DH into coming with me...one more for splitsville lol ;)

EZMONEY
04-08-2008, 01:33 AM
I will definitely join in!
I'll be in the "walking my dogs" category.
It looks like it will be a nice weekend and my doggies love to walk to the doggie park!..

Beautiful dogs MICHELE! I will post a pic of mine.

YAY! talked DH into coming with me...one more for splitsville lol ;)

AWESOME!! You will make it worth his while if he finishes right? .. ;)

That makes 47!

iwmonn
04-08-2008, 02:21 AM
I caught a cold a few weeks ago, stopped exercising cuz I felt lousy- and have not been able to get the groove going again. I think this is just what I need for a kick-start. There seems to be quite the excitement over this extravaganza here on 3FC. Thanks EZMONEY!!!! I'd be a semi-elite treadmill walker.

AnnCan1111
04-08-2008, 02:30 AM
Count me in.-
I think it will be fun.

hope4me
04-08-2008, 02:36 AM
I'll join in.

I plan to 'Divide and Conquer da Hood' over Sat and Sun. :running:

4rabbit
04-08-2008, 03:55 AM
Hi EZMONEY,

Do you have an "I will do it on the other side of the atlantic" category ? Then I am in! probabely running on a treadmill! Do you hand out official starting numbers ?

Rabbit

Gela
04-08-2008, 07:09 AM
I'm in! Put me in the semi-elite walkers. This is such a cool idea :) Thanks for starting this EZ.

Meg
04-08-2008, 07:30 AM
Count me in, but it's gotta be on the elliptical due to wrecked knees (hope that's OK!) I'm putting together a whole new playlist for the occasion. :D

dgramie
04-08-2008, 08:28 AM
I want in also...I have never done a 5k before. I will also be walking with hubby. Will try to do it all at once but we are only up to 1.75 miles. We will see how it goes. So i guess Im a virgin plus a hubby.LOL
thanks for setting this up for us!!

findingfawn
04-08-2008, 09:45 AM
I'm in!!! I want to join the "my family won't know what hit them" category! I will be dragging them all along!

GONNABE165
04-08-2008, 09:57 AM
count me & my hubby in we always do the local walks for charitys around our city

JuliaDH
04-08-2008, 10:06 AM
I think my hubby would laugh at the idea of me being a avirgin again after 10 yrs of marriage and kids. But we will make it a family affair with the dog!

gina1221
04-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Sounds like a plan... count me in the "Virgin Running it on the Treadmill" group. I'm up to running 2.6 miles what's another 0.5 mile!?!

dixied
04-08-2008, 10:49 AM
Please add me to the wogger catagory. :D

paperclippy
04-08-2008, 11:14 AM
I'm in as a walker with my DH. Actually this is kind of funny since I'm signed up for the "Race for the Cure" 5k NEXT weekend! Two 5k's in a row! I did actually run (jog) a 5k with DH a couple years ago, but he hurt his knees, and I later hurt my knees as well, so no running or jogging for us.

Right now the weather forecast for this weekend is 30% chance of showers, but I hope it will clear up! If not we'll be on the treadmill.

barbygirl43
04-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Add me to the Woggers. :)

jiffypop
04-08-2008, 12:28 PM
I'm in <ack!!!!> with the DOG [magnolia louise, the rottweiler-lab mix] !!!! of course. and i'll have to break it up - the old knees ya know.

some of it will be hiking - some will be level walking. and maybe i'll even dig up the pedometer just to make sure i don't cheat!

and BTW - i'm NOT a 5K virgin!!!! i did one a couple of years ago - with the dog, of course - and we finished DEAD LAST. and i didn't care one little bit. WE FINISHED!!!!!

Leenie
04-08-2008, 01:17 PM
If ya got room for another Moderator I'M IN !!!!

Gotta find my sneakers :fr:

Edit: I think you better put me in this category 4 EASY INSTALLMENT PLAN ~ VIRGIN STYLE :rofl:

Leenie

jtammy
04-08-2008, 01:19 PM
I'm in :wave: the "my family won't know what hit them"/wogger category. DD13 is going with me. We'll be at the local park, weather permitting, otherwise we'll be on the treadmill. Thanks for getting this started, we need to be sure we make it an annual affair. (Can we order T-shirts? ;))

trooworld
04-08-2008, 01:25 PM
What a good idea, EZ, as usual you have great threads! I would love to be in the cycling category...I will do the 6+ some change-mile track at Lake Murray. It's been a long time since we went, busy with school and life, so this is just what I need to get going again.

BlueToBlue
04-08-2008, 01:35 PM
I'm in! :broc: I guess I'm in the "Elite but on a treadmill" category :woops:. My knee can't manage even a mile and a half outdoors, but I know I can do it on the treadmill if I alternate walking/sprinting with a 1% incline for most of it.

valpal23
04-08-2008, 01:47 PM
I'm in! It'll be a great way to de stress after my meeting with the bank (I'm trying to buy a house AHHH!!!)

I went to gmaps/pedometer and picked out my semi elite virgin route around town. I LOVE the 3FC 5K idea!

Lovely
04-08-2008, 01:53 PM
(Can we order T-shirts? ;))

Uh oh! Inspiration! :goodvibes Now I think I need to run to ACMoore's and grab some fabric paint to make myself a "First Annual 3FC 5K" t-shirt :lol:

mandalinn82
04-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Remember, if you can, to snap a photo of yourself when you finish (bonus points if you're in a custom shirt!)

dangerouscurves76
04-08-2008, 02:08 PM
I'm totally up for this! :dancer: I'm signing up in the "Elite" category. And I'll be running it BOTH DAYS! :cheer2:

bigtxmomma
04-08-2008, 02:10 PM
I'm in!

sylvia78
04-08-2008, 02:35 PM
This sounds great! I'll be in the Can't Get Away From the Kids Category.

KateB
04-08-2008, 02:42 PM
What the heck I am gonna join in on this one. I will be a walker, on the treadmill. I am a virgin. Man it's been a while since I could say that without worrying about being hit by a lightening bolt!!

I have been lurking in some of the runningjogging threads and I am planning on giving jogging a shot when I get to the 250 mark or start training on June 1, whichever comes first. I visited the cool running web site. I am going to do the couch potato to 5k program. My hometown has their annual summer celebration the last weekend in July. We have family from California, Indiana, Tennesse all "home" for that weekend, part of the festivities include a 5k fun run/walk. Many of my family members do this...I am planning on joining them this year!!!

So I am in!! How many do we have now??

mandalinn82
04-08-2008, 02:47 PM
I could 29 partipants (including DH's and kids, but not dogs) added since EZ's last post...plus the 47 he had counted...and we're at 76!

xGurlyGrlx
04-08-2008, 02:49 PM
I would like to join! I guess I would be in the "I have a really bad cough, hope I don't die" catergory. :D

irishfairy
04-08-2008, 03:13 PM
hmm....I have canadian idol auditions saturday so I will be standing for 12 hours...does that count lol. I will try to fit it in sunday!!!

YP1
04-08-2008, 03:14 PM
I will indeed be running 5k this weekend, the only problem is that I won't get to finish after that, I'll be running another 37 and a bit k immediately afterwards!

Do I get to choose whichever 5k split is the fastest? ;)

(and I guess I'm in the elite category, unless there's a special doing a marathon category)

Shy Moment
04-08-2008, 03:32 PM
Lets see, we are going to the zoo Saturday. We will be walking for 6 to 8 hours. We never sit down except for lunch, what fun would that be lol. Think I will have enough miles in to cover a few 5k's lol.

EZMONEY
04-08-2008, 03:37 PM
I caught a cold a few weeks ago, stopped exercising cuz I felt lousy- and have not been able to get the groove going again. I think this is just what I need for a kick-start. There seems to be quite the excitement over this extravaganza here on 3FC. Thanks EZMONEY!!!! I'd be a semi-elite treadmill walker.

I have found out there are better "feelings" than when you finish a 5K...but not many...here is a :kickbutt: to get you going!

Count me in.-
I think it will be fun.

ANN it WILL be fun :woohoo:

I'll join in.

You will #50 :congrat:

I plan to 'Divide and Conquer da Hood' over Sat and Sun. :running:

There are parts of my "hood" too that I :running: through...even when I am walking! ;)

Hi EZMONEY,

Do you have an "I will do it on the other side of the atlantic" category ? Then I am in! probabely running on a treadmill! Do you hand out official starting numbers ?

Rabbit

RABBIT you will be #51! I will add your request to the next CATEGORY list!

I'm in! Put me in the semi-elite walkers. This is such a cool idea :) Thanks for starting this EZ.

It is a :cool: idea GELA....but even :cool: cooler that not only you but others are going out to get in some exercise any way they can!

Count me in, but it's gotta be on the elliptical due to wrecked knees (hope that's OK!) I'm putting together a whole new playlist for the occasion. :D

You are counted MEG...wrecked knees and all! How about adding the EAGLES new song "DO SOMETHING"...it has several lines in it I love... Don't leave it up to someone else and don't feel sorry for yourself ~ Don't just stand there taking up space ~ It's never too late ~ WHY DON'T YOU DO SOMETHING!

HUMMM...maybe our next 5K can be the 3FC "DO SOMETHING" 5K! :)

53 are in!! :carrot:

EZMONEY
04-08-2008, 03:38 PM
actually more...I will catch up!

ceegee
04-08-2008, 03:45 PM
I'm in Gary....it will be my first 5k, although I do run, so I guess I am a Elite Virgin Pushing A Jogging Stroller with a 40 LB 3 Year Old

iriswhispers
04-08-2008, 03:49 PM
fabulous, i am IN!! great practice because i'm doing a 5k for ovarian cancer at the end of the month.

i kind of have my own category... i'll be away at a conference so i will be competing in the "hotel gym treadmill" division;) mandalinn, i will try to remember my camera so i can take a sweaty photo of myself when i hit 3.1 miles!

EZMONEY
04-08-2008, 03:57 PM
I want in also...I have never done a 5k before. I will also be walking with hubby. Will try to do it all at once but we are only up to 1.75 miles. We will see how it goes. So i guess Im a virgin plus a hubby.LOL
thanks for setting this up for us!!

Good luck DEBI and MITCH! If you can't get the 3.1 in...no problem...finish when you can...the important thing is getting out there and trying! #'s 54 & 55 :)

I'm in!!! I want to join the "my family won't know what hit them" category! I will be dragging them all along!

I love it FAWN! What a way to get them outta bed...:yikes: I will add you to the new list!

count me & my hubby in we always do the local walks for charitys around our city

That's GREAT GONNABE! :angel: I will add you to the new list! You and your dh are #57 and 58!

I think my hubby would laugh at the idea of me being a avirgin again after 10 yrs of marriage and kids. But we will make it a family affair with the dog!

SUPER JULIA! I won't count the dog and since I don't know how many kids you have I will guess 2 and make your family # 59-62! :carrot:

Sounds like a plan... count me in the "Virgin Running it on the Treadmill" group. I'm up to running 2.6 miles what's another 0.5 mile!?!

What's another 0.5 mile? Well...if you would have asked me that in 2001 when Angie and I did a marathon...well I might have :frypan:...;) HOWEVER!!! It ain't NUTTIN' in a 5K!! Good-luck :lucky:

Please add me to the wogger catagory. :D

DIXIE you are #64 :carrot:

I'm in as a walker with my DH. Actually this is kind of funny since I'm signed up for the "Race for the Cure" 5k NEXT weekend! Two 5k's in a row! I did actually run (jog) a 5k with DH a couple years ago, but he hurt his knees, and I later hurt my knees as well, so no running or jogging for us.

Right now the weather forecast for this weekend is 30% chance of showers, but I hope it will clear up! If not we'll be on the treadmill.

JESSICA I have found out, for me, that I am much more successful at getting the job done when I train to "walk"...running takes a lot out of me...sometimes, like last Sunday, I just start running with the back of the crowd and go as far as I can without walking....slow...but a run...a slow run...Prayers :angel: for the knees to get better...take it easy on that elliptical! GREAT JOB on those 5K's :carrot:

UP TO 66!

EZMONEY
04-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Add me to the Woggers. :)

GOTCHA covered BARBYGIRL as #67!

I'm in <ack!!!!> with the DOG [magnolia louise, the rottweiler-lab mix] !!!! of course. and i'll have to break it up - the old knees ya know.

some of it will be hiking - some will be level walking. and maybe i'll even dig up the pedometer just to make sure i don't cheat!

and BTW - i'm NOT a 5K virgin!!!! i did one a couple of years ago - with the dog, of course - and we finished DEAD LAST. and i didn't care one little bit. WE FINISHED!!!!!

AWESOME JIFFY! It's not about WHERE you finish...just that you did! :carrot: There were people in the races last Sunday that took over 3 hours to do it (because of various disabilities)...quite a difference from the elite's that ran it in 14 minutes! But PRAISE GOD! :angel: they did it!

If ya got room for another Moderator I'M IN !!!!

Gotta find my sneakers :fr:

Edit: I think you better put me in this category 4 EASY INSTALLMENT PLAN ~ VIRGIN STYLE :rofl:

Leenie

Need help looking for those sneakers LEENIE? ;) You are in as # 69!

I'm in :wave: the "my family won't know what hit them"/wogger category. DD13 is going with me. We'll be at the local park, weather permitting, otherwise we'll be on the treadmill. Thanks for getting this started, we need to be sure we make it an annual affair. (Can we order T-shirts? ;))

#70 and 71 TAMMY ~ AWESOME! I'm not sure about an annual affair though...I have BIGGER PLANS! I was thinking more of every couple of months!! As far as T-SHIRTS go....ya never know, this could be the start of 3FC ~ 5K's ALL OVER THE WORLD!! :woohoo: One day we may all have a closet full of 3FC ~ 5K T-Shirts!!

What a good idea, EZ, as usual you have great threads! I would love to be in the cycling category...I will do the 6+ some change-mile track at Lake Murray. It's been a long time since we went, busy with school and life, so this is just what I need to get going again.

AWESOME TROO! The weather is supposed to be perfect for bike riding at Lake Murray this week-end...I will add your DH to the mix and have you both at # 72 and 73 :hug: A nice way to jump start our spring/summer down here!

I'm in! :broc: I guess I'm in the "Elite but on a treadmill" category :woops:. My knee can't manage even a mile and a half outdoors, but I know I can do it on the treadmill if I alternate walking/sprinting with a 1% incline for most of it.

AWESOME BARBARA! Prayers :angel: for no knee pain. Take it easy...and take all the time you need to finish...when you finish is NOT IMPORTANT...When you START is!! :hug:

WE ARE AT 74!

EZMONEY
04-08-2008, 04:26 PM
I'm in! It'll be a great way to de stress after my meeting with the bank (I'm trying to buy a house AHHH!!!)

I went to gmaps/pedometer and picked out my semi elite virgin route around town. I LOVE the 3FC 5K idea!

This will sure help you de-stress VAL! You are # 75!

Uh oh! Inspiration! :goodvibes Now I think I need to run to ACMoore's and grab some fabric paint to make myself a "First Annual 3FC 5K" t-shirt :lol:

GREAT IDEA FAERIE! Send pictures!

Remember, if you can, to snap a photo of yourself when you finish (bonus points if you're in a custom shirt!)

AGAIN! She comes up with another great idea :idea:...is this kid smart or what?! :)

I'm totally up for this! :dancer: I'm signing up in the "Elite" category. And I'll be running it BOTH DAYS! :cheer2:

SUPER DANGEROUS ~ SUPER! #76!

I'm in!

Oh you are sooo in BIGTXMOMMA! at #77!

This sounds great! I'll be in the Can't Get Away From the Kids Category.

SYLVIA if you can't get awya just take 'em! :)

What the heck I am gonna join in on this one. I will be a walker, on the treadmill. I am a virgin. Man it's been a while since I could say that without worrying about being hit by a lightening bolt!!

I have been lurking in some of the runningjogging threads and I am planning on giving jogging a shot when I get to the 250 mark or start training on June 1, whichever comes first. I visited the cool running web site. I am going to do the couch potato to 5k program. My hometown has their annual summer celebration the last weekend in July. We have family from California, Indiana, Tennesse all "home" for that weekend, part of the festivities include a 5k fun run/walk. Many of my family members do this...I am planning on joining them this year!!!

So I am in!! How many do we have now??

You are #79....The couch to 5K is a great plan, my wife always uses it when she needs to re-start her training. have a great time :kickbutt: kicking butt in the family 5K!

I could 29 partipants (including DH's and kids, but not dogs) added since EZ's last post...plus the 47 he had counted...and we're at 76!

Hey KIDDO, I am counting as I go with my posting...I have no idea if I am correct...as you know most of my counting at night is done with beer ;)

EZMONEY
04-08-2008, 04:37 PM
I would like to join! I guess I would be in the "I have a really bad cough, hope I don't die" catergory. :D

Here is a hope you get better :hug: I will add you to the list when it is up-dated! #80

hmm....I have canadian idol auditions saturday so I will be standing for 12 hours...does that count lol. I will try to fit it in sunday!!!

:carrot: YIPEE :carrot: Hey IRISH how about you do the 5K while you are auditioning...;) Good luck! :lucky:

I will indeed be running 5k this weekend, the only problem is that I won't get to finish after that, I'll be running another 37 and a bit k immediately afterwards!

Do I get to choose whichever 5k split is the fastest? ;)

(and I guess I'm in the elite category, unless there's a special doing a marathon category)

HELEN we are so blessed just to have you enter with us!! Just consider our 5K your warm-up ;) you are #82 dear!

Lets see, we are going to the zoo Saturday. We will be walking for 6 to 8 hours. We never sit down except for lunch, what fun would that be lol. Think I will have enough miles in to cover a few 5k's lol.

Works for me RENNIE! Have fun with the animals :hug:

I'm in Gary....it will be my first 5k, although I do run, so I guess I am a Elite Virgin Pushing A Jogging Stroller with a 40 LB 3 Year Old

We will add a new category just for you CEEGEE!

fabulous, i am IN!! great practice because i'm doing a 5k for ovarian cancer at the end of the month.

i kind of have my own category... i'll be away at a conference so i will be competing in the "hotel gym treadmill" division;) mandalinn, i will try to remember my camera so i can take a sweaty photo of myself when i hit 3.1 miles!

SUPER IRISWHISPERS! Glad we can help you with your practice for a great cause!

I have us at 85 now! :carrot:

brn2bthn
04-08-2008, 04:46 PM
I'm in. Put me in the Virgin category. Not sure if it will be outside or on the treadmill will have to see how the weather is. Have to get honey to come with me as I don't like being on the rural country roads alone.

EZMONEY
04-08-2008, 04:48 PM
"UP-DATED CATEGORY LIST"

SEMI-ELITE ~ Walkers

VIRGIN ~First timer

ALMOST A VACATION 5K ~ SOUL sips on her veggie drink and still does a 5K!...AWESOME!!!

ACROSS THE POND ~ For RABBIT and HELEN and all those "over there"

VIRGIN PLUS ONE HUSBAND ~ One for DEBI

FAMILY WON'T KNOW WHAT HIT 'EM ~ One for all the :devil: mean :devil: mom's....kidding! ;)

WHY NOT DO IT FOR CHARITY! ~So many great causes that several of you are doing 5K's for already...thanks GONNABE ~ IRISWHISPERS and all the others I missed!

I'M SICK BUT DOING IT ANYWAY! ~ HOPE I DON'T DIE ~ GURLY....we hope you feel better!

EZMONEY
04-08-2008, 04:50 PM
I'm in. Put me in the Virgin category. Not sure if it will be outside or on the treadmill will have to see how the weather is. Have to get honey to come with me as I don't like being on the rural country roads alone.

ANN MARIE we will put you and your honey down as # 86 and 87! I hope the weather is nice and you can enjoy some sunshine!

EZMONEY
04-08-2008, 04:51 PM
WELL AMANDA I have us at 87....I will trust your figures over mine anytime!!

off to do chores.....

Lydia227
04-08-2008, 05:07 PM
What a great idea. I'm certainly in. I'll be doing mine on the elliptical with Meg. I can rack up three miles on that thing pretty quick. But uhm Amanda, :chin: there won't be a "post race" photo. I'd feel pretty foolish asking someone at the gym to snap my picture at the end of one of my cardio workouts. I'd have to go into the whole "I post in this forum thing..."

cakses
04-08-2008, 05:27 PM
You can definately add me in. I will run it all. Gives me motivation to do it. Do we record our times and report back? I am doing it on the TM of course :)

DMPLS
04-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Ok I made a graphic to print out and put on a Tshirt for this event I hope it will link appropriately for now....however there are so many catagories added to the list I will have to edit it to add them to it!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y285/BrotherJoe/3FC1st5K.jpg

JuliaDH
04-08-2008, 06:01 PM
Ok upon correction by hubby. The walk back and forth to school is 6km. So I guess my "virginity" is questionable. But I have 3 kids ages 12, 7, and 4. This is great. We will have a picnic at the end!

Debbie54
04-08-2008, 06:07 PM
Count me in! I'll be on the treadmill on Sunday walkin' away!
Debbie

mandalinn82
04-08-2008, 06:07 PM
Awww, Dmpls, I already printed a different one for my shirt. Darn it!

Oh well - it'll be the race of many shirts.

EZMONEY
04-08-2008, 07:45 PM
What a great idea. I'm certainly in. I'll be doing mine on the elliptical with Meg. I can rack up three miles on that thing pretty quick. But uhm Amanda, :chin: there won't be a "post race" photo. I'd feel pretty foolish asking someone at the gym to snap my picture at the end of one of my cardio workouts. I'd have to go into the whole "I post in this forum thing..."

Hey LYDIA ~ We will glady accept a photo of you after a shower! Thanks for stepping in with us at # 88!

You can definately add me in. I will run it all. Gives me motivation to do it. Do we record our times and report back? I am doing it on the TM of course :)

I knew you would get over here sometime CAT! I want a pic of that DH's face when he sees the skinny you!! Glad to see you back at it :) #89

Ok I made a graphic to print out and put on a Tshirt for this event I hope it will link appropriately for now....however there are so many catagories added to the list I will have to edit it to add them to it!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y285/BrotherJoe/3FC1st5K.jpg

THAT IS SO AWESOME DMPLS!

IS THERE A MORE TALENTED BUNCH OF WOMEN OUT THERE THAN MY 3FC GIRLS?....I THINK NOT!!

Ok upon correction by hubby. The walk back and forth to school is 6km. So I guess my "virginity" is questionable. But I have 3 kids ages 12, 7, and 4. This is great. We will have a picnic at the end!

Your virginity was NEVER in question with us ;)....ANOTHER GREAT IDEA FROM THESE SMART WOMEN....AN END OF THE RACE CELEBRATION!! :carrot:.....Angie and I usually go for breakfast (unless we didn't go to Saturday night service at church and can still make 2nd service...we sit in the back...p.u. ;))

Count me in! I'll be on the treadmill on Sunday walkin' away!
Debbie

DEBBIE you are counted in at #90! :)

Awww, Dmpls, I already printed a different one for my shirt. Darn it!

Oh well - it'll be the race of many shirts.

Hey KIDDO...when this thing really takes off we will need all kinds of designs for the 3FC shirts :carrot:

mrsaugie
04-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Ok i am still in but going to change the catogory from hoping the weather is nice so i can do it outside to not holding my breath because of the rain/snow mix which we are suppose to have all week. YUCKY!!!!!!

EZMONEY
04-08-2008, 07:48 PM
ADDING JULIAHOOD'S 3RD CHILD....:hug:

up to 91!

EZMONEY
04-08-2008, 07:51 PM
Ok i am still in but going to change the catogory from hoping the weather is nice so i can do it outside to not holding my breath because of the rain/snow mix which we are suppose to have all week. YUCKY!!!!!!

Or you could just fly down here to southern California and do it with Myself ~ ANGIE ~ TROO ~ SOUL ~ ALLISON ~ and all ;)

jeweliek
04-08-2008, 08:39 PM
My son, Alec, is 10 and not a member here, but wants to do this with me on Saturday. I thought I would put his name on here so I can show him that he is "registered"

EZMONEY
04-08-2008, 08:45 PM
WELCOME ALEC! :welcome::welcome3:

You are # 92! and probably the fastest kid in the race :running:

KO
04-08-2008, 09:18 PM
I'm in either for Treadmill or WATP if that counts! me and uneven surfaces are not friends!

Lovely
04-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Just finished painting in the front of my T-shirt! :D I didn't even think about a printing an image! >_< Tomorrow evening I'll get the back of it done, and then paint the matching baseball cap. That's right, an entire ensemble! ;)

EZMONEY
04-08-2008, 10:15 PM
Angie here-
I have left Gary in the dust:running:..... not really
I will be taking advantage of the early bird special on Friday.
(I wanted to count today since I just ran 4.5 miles, but Gary wouldn't let me :mad::mad:)
I am traveling to NYC this weekend to visit my daughter so I will log my 5k :running::running:on Friday.

One of my goals during my trip is to run in Central Park. I hope I can fit it in somehow. Hopefully, I can log two 5k runs this weekend! :hat:

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!

fiberlover
04-08-2008, 10:50 PM
I will enter as a wogger!

EZMONEY
04-08-2008, 10:55 PM
I'm in either for Treadmill or WATP if that counts! me and uneven surfaces are not friends!

You bet it counts KO! We have you at #93!

Just finished painting in the front of my T-shirt! :D I didn't even think about a printing an image! >_< Tomorrow evening I'll get the back of it done, and then paint the matching baseball cap. That's right, an entire ensemble! ;)

I know it is going to be way cool :cool: FAERIE!

Angie here-
I have left Gary in the dust:running:..... not really
I will be taking advantage of the early bird special on Friday.
(I wanted to count today since I just ran 4.5 miles, but Gary wouldn't let me :mad::mad:)
I am traveling to NYC this weekend to visit my daughter so I will log my 5k :running::running:on Friday.

One of my goals during my trip is to run in Central Park. I hope I can fit it in somehow. Hopefully, I can log two 5k runs this weekend! :hat:

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!

HEY BABE thanks for not only lurking but for signing up! I will put you at #94...but you are still #1 to me :love:..P.S. I will miss you this next week :(

midwife
04-08-2008, 11:12 PM
Heh, put my DH down for "elite" status.

Or maybe we need a new category: midwife likes the view. :)

EZMONEY
04-08-2008, 11:14 PM
.....Ok, so Carlsbad...we were there on April 8th for my SIL's wedding (she flew down from SLC for the weekend). After the wedding on the beach, we headed into town for lunch and ran into a group of Hash House Harriers. Ever heard of them? They were having one of their regular pub crawls--in costume. What a group! You should join--you'd fit right in!....

ALLISON ~ I'm sorry, I keep forgetting to get back to you on this. I hadn't heard of them but Angie says she has and checked into their group. She said it appears they run much further than we do! But she did say it looked like a fun group to be with!

EZMONEY
04-08-2008, 11:17 PM
Heh, put my DH down for "elite" status.

Or maybe we need a new category: midwife likes the view. :)

WHY is that MIDWIFE? Can catch babies one handed? :D

He is in at # 95!

EZMONEY
04-08-2008, 11:27 PM
OOPS! I know the count is unofficial but I did catch me counting Angie at the beginning and just now...so we are at 94!

tomandkara
04-08-2008, 11:39 PM
Gary, I've got five miles on the training schedule for Saturday, so I'll do the first 3.1 in honor of the race!

Kara

Karen31
04-09-2008, 12:28 AM
I will probably end up just doing a "walk on the treadmill" I was thinking about walking on one the trails around here until I heard on the news that a wolf has escaped from the Wolf Rescue that is about 4 miles from here. They have not caught him yet and I sure don't want to be out there with my 2 little furbabies! PLUS they are predicting another snow starting tomorrow night through Thursday. They are saying this might be quite a bit of snow so it may not be good at all to be out this weekend!!

My DH saw today that I was planning on doing this this weekend and can you believe he LAUGHED!!! So at this point the "D" in DH does not stand for Darling!!! But it has made me more determined than ever to do it. Even if I have to walk it all the way--- I will finish it.

rockstar87
04-09-2008, 12:29 AM
I'm so in! This is such an awesome idea! I guess I'm elite...I usually run 3.5-4miles on Saturdays so I'm making the goal of running 3.1 in less than 30 minutes in honor of the 5k.

EZMONEY
04-09-2008, 12:56 AM
I will enter as a wogger!

Sorry FIBER...I missed you before, we posted about the same time...gotcha at #95!

Gary, I've got five miles on the training schedule for Saturday, so I'll do the first 3.1 in honor of the race!

Kara

Awesome KARA! #96! :)

I will probably end up just doing a "walk on the treadmill" I was thinking about walking on one the trails around here until I heard on the news that a wolf has escaped from the Wolf Rescue that is about 4 miles from here. They have not caught him yet and I sure don't want to be out there with my 2 little furbabies! PLUS they are predicting another snow starting tomorrow night through Thursday. They are saying this might be quite a bit of snow so it may not be good at all to be out this weekend!!

My DH saw today that I was planning on doing this this weekend and can you believe he LAUGHED!!! So at this point the "D" in DH does not stand for Darling!!! But it has made me more determined than ever to do it. Even if I have to walk it all the way--- I will finish it.

You are already in KAREN...but poo-poo to the DH! ;) Stay away from that wolf...GREAT ATTITUDE!

I'm so in! This is such an awesome idea! I guess I'm elite...I usually run 3.5-4miles on Saturdays so I'm making the goal of running 3.1 in less than 30 minutes in honor of the 5k.

ROCKSTAR you enter at #97 :carrot: Here is hoping you get your 10 minute miles!

EZMONEY
04-09-2008, 01:00 AM
Well folks we are almost there! UNOFFICIAL 97! :carrot:

I know we will reach it tonight or early tomorrow while I am at work.

I am so proud of all of you for DOING SOMETHING THAT YOU CAN BE PROUD OF! :)

Just think....if each of us gets just one person to do 3.1 miles with us on Saturday or Sunday...and carry a wiggly light bulb....we can take 2.6 million cars off the road! ;)

iwmonn
04-09-2008, 02:41 AM
LOL... I've got a visual of thousands of 3FC'rs all over the globe, carrying "wiggly" lightbulbs looking like little Statues of Liberty. Why are we carrying wiggly lightbulbs? ;)

I've got to thank you again for this idea! It has me excited about something again. Even if it is going out to my cabin and hopping on my treadmill. OR...... Maybe I'll drive me and my lightbulb to town and actually walk the walk to the beach!!!

sweetnsassyfied
04-09-2008, 02:45 AM
Well you can count me and 3 of my family members in plus the mutt in my avi! :D

Our catagory ... Sneaky Mom's who are disguising this ~le cough~ little trek as " Family Fun Day!" ;)

So far to keep them busy and their minds off how far they gone I've got packed, a photo album for the flora and fauna that we find. Small baggies for rocks, seed pods, acorns. or other coolio stuffs. A frisbee to be tossed ahead for a few mad dashes or games of chase. :) And if all else fails ... I've tied money to the end of sticks to torment and tease them on a little further, errr for incentive. ;) We will end our journey with a treat for all a wonderful restaurant with a panoramic view. Oh yes our camera will be packed for pics as well! :D

My techie tikes whom are addicted to the computer and PS2 won't know what hit them. :rofl:

Sincerely,

Sassy

P.S. ( Mr. Man has been duely bribed before hand. :p )

Leenie
04-09-2008, 09:50 AM
DMPLS that is DARLING !!!! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa good job.

Erika79
04-09-2008, 09:59 AM
I'm IN!!!!!!! I think this is a FANTASTIC idea!!!!
I fit into several of the categories, so I'm not narrowing it down ;) BUT, I'll be doing it on Saturday as my DH has the day off... I'll drag his little butt with me :D ... plop our 2 year old in the stroller, and take a 3+ mile walk through the park and around the water! It's just starting to get nice here.. so I figured a family walk would be the best route.

I can't wait!

karmuz
04-09-2008, 11:46 AM
I'm in, but I'm going to have to "do it" a few days early - my work schedule this weekend doesn't allow me the time to join in when everyone else does...
however, i am OFF from work tomorrow, and I just google pedometered my "usual" walking route (too see how much further i would have to go, lol) and my "mile and a half" walk is 3.8 miles!!
count me in as an early bird - and if my walking buddy isn't available (she can't run due to bad knees) my goal is going to be to jog for at least half the route :D

DMPLS
04-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Ok I've updated the image with ALL the catagories........so you can chose to print out either of the images and iron it on your Tshirt if you want or do like someone else said and create your own shirt with fabric paint.....

I just thought it would be fun to make the image since I love working with graphics.....

enjoy
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y285/BrotherJoe/3FC1st5K2ndtry.jpg

Jennifer 3FC
04-09-2008, 12:04 PM
I'm in ! :wave: Sign me up as a Semi Elite. I'll walk on Saturday!

Edited to say DMPLS!! I love your running chicks! I'm going to put that in my signature throughout the challenge!

happy2bme
04-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Count me in please too.

I'm chosing the "I'm talking my S.O into trying it" category. We'll be walking on Sunday along a nice park route unless "Ole Man River" decides to flood us out from this last set of spring rains. Plan B is the old faithful treadmill. Better just count me because if it goes the treadmill route, we haven't mastered tandum trotting yet :tread:

Thanks for setting this up Gary - this is just about your best idea yet!

Fabulous graphic DMPLS!!!

Suzanne 3FC
04-09-2008, 12:42 PM
I'm in! Another semi-elite :D

ellis
04-09-2008, 12:52 PM
I'm in, too! :wave: What a great idea!! :cp: I LOVE the t-shirt ideas. :lol:

I'll start as an elite, and move into the semi category when I get puffed out. :running:

Marti
04-09-2008, 12:59 PM
I'm in! I'm a walk it on the treadmill gal! Or a Wogger as you call it. :D
What a wonderful idea to get everyone involved.

And the t-shirt!, how cool is that? I'll have to print that and do an iron-on for this weekend. :)

Do we have 100 or more yet?

Great idea Gary!

sweettart08
04-09-2008, 01:00 PM
I have been working up to a 5k for a month now (I'm at 2.75 miles and counting!)....but......Saturday I will run my FIRST EVER (and I mean EVER!) 3.1 miles on my treadmill!!!! And later that same day, we are taking our boys on a 3 or 4 mile hike with friends....so count me in 2x!!!

(Is this a new catergory?!?!)

What an awesome idea!!! Thanks for the motivation ;)

mandalinn82
04-09-2008, 01:15 PM
T-shirt is made - pictures to follow. It has my name and my number (Lucky #7 on it).

I think I'll be going twice...running by myself on Saturday, walking with my partner on Sunday.

junebug41
04-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Throw me in with Alinell's Chico and The Man

It will be DF, Dax the cattle dog and me :D

aud
04-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Neat-O Bandito Idea!:carrot:

May not work it in until Sunday but count me in . . . as a Walker/Crawler pleez!:^::p

DD10 & Trusty West Highland will definitely be with me.

Azure
04-09-2008, 01:57 PM
I'm in, too! I've got a route all mapped out for myself! It's going to be raining Friday-Monday here, but it's going to be BEAUTIFUL out tomorrow! So, I'm planning on doing it tomorrow afternoon--the route I've mapped for myself is closer to 4 miles than 3.1...but a little extra never hurt anyone ;)

I didn't see a section for people who are going to run it high intensity interval style! Warm up walking, then doing several boughts of HIIT before cool-down walking. I'm pretty pumped!

rnntn
04-09-2008, 02:08 PM
Count me in! I believe one of the local private schools are having one to raise money for St. Jude, so I may join in on that one.

Jennifer 3FC
04-09-2008, 02:17 PM
I have been working up to a 5k for a month now (I'm at 2.75 miles and counting!)....but......Saturday I will run my FIRST EVER (and I mean EVER!) 3.1 miles on my treadmill!!!! And later that same day, we are taking our boys on a 3 or 4 mile hike with friends....so count me in 2x!!!

I was wondering the same thing - if I do it both days, can we have a double semi-elite category? :)

tresor
04-09-2008, 02:53 PM
I saw this thread yesterday but waited to sign up because I wanted to be #100 and by the looks of the posts, we have passed that mark. I'm a runner (not a fast runner) so that puts me in the elite category. So if the weather's nice, I'll do it twice (could be another category). We've had rain/drizzle for 5 days in a row and I can't wait to get outside and run.

tdiprincess
04-09-2008, 03:22 PM
I think my DH and I will do it! We've been doing bike riding, but we can do a 3.1 mile walk this weekend!!

safyre
04-09-2008, 03:48 PM
I'm new here but have been reading off & on for a while :)

Count me on the Semi-Elite!

Hubby & I are actually doing a 10K walk for his birthday on Saturday at a local winery :D

Never done an 'official' run/walk before, so this will be fun!

Jae45
04-09-2008, 03:48 PM
My dog and I will be walking.

:D

Terri in MO
04-09-2008, 04:23 PM
I'm in as a "Walk it on the Treadmill".

I love this idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mesilla
04-09-2008, 05:11 PM
This is awesome!... I'm in for the "elite" category!

cephalopod gal
04-09-2008, 05:31 PM
I wanna join too! Yaaay for excellent bandwagons!!

I guess I might be a wogger? I think I am going to make a T-shirt that juse says "WOGGER" on it. Hee hee hee. :)

I totally put it in my planner and now I am SUPER PUMPED. :D

CCmomof5
04-09-2008, 05:52 PM
I'm totally in for this, I think I'll do it both days. Gets me away from the craziness in the house.

"No one ever said it would be easy, they said it would be worth it"

Trish

pmasci
04-09-2008, 05:53 PM
count me in...under the awesome category of "Honey grab me a beer/wogger" I am up to 1.5 miles of straight jogging...will push it to 2 or more straight this weekend...will walk the rest. Great idea, and thanks!!

missangelaks
04-09-2008, 05:56 PM
I'm a wogger! and am SOOOO in!

Thanks,

Angela

Pink Geranium
04-09-2008, 06:52 PM
Just happened to see this and I would like to join in. By chance my husband and I are participating in a 5K on Sunday to benefit our local high school's gym department. It has been a goal of his to do a 5K and he plans to run. He's been training for it. I'm just going to go out there and see what happens (I hope a lot of the time I'll actually run, but, if I need to walk, I'll just walk!)-I usually swim or do cardio classes, so it will be interesting. A friend from work is also joining us, so there will be three in our group! I like the idea that so many are doing this at the same time!

zeffryn
04-09-2008, 06:53 PM
I would love to dedicate myself to walking/running at least 3.1 miles this weekend. Since it is supposed to be a nice weekend, I think it would be a good time. I'll be sure to take hubs and DS in the stroller.

Thanks for the opportunity and the kick in the pants!

LighterLou
04-09-2008, 08:39 PM
count us in! Just what I needed to get my DH moving!!! We will be as follows in any particular order: running, walking, getting pulled by dogs, chasing kids or pehaps chasing dogs and getting pulled by kids. (at least it burns more calories!!) Anyways a great way to spend time together and cover some land!! Good luck to all.:cheer2:

??What is the total of particpants so far??

EZMONEY
04-09-2008, 09:04 PM
LOL... I've got a visual of thousands of 3FC'rs all over the globe, carrying "wiggly" lightbulbs looking like little Statues of Liberty. Why are we carrying wiggly lightbulbs? ;)

We are carrying the wiggly light bulbs because...according to the commercials...by using them we can get so many million cars off the road...so with a friend AND a wiggly light bulb....we won't have any traffic!!! ;) I do love the Statue of Liberty feel though...Angie will be there this week-end!!

I've got to thank you again for this idea! It has me excited about something again. Even if it is going out to my cabin and hopping on my treadmill. OR...... Maybe I'll drive me and my lightbulb to town and actually walk the walk to the beach!!!

Your excitement is what this thread was hoping for! ;)

Well you can count me and 3 of my family members in plus the mutt in my avi! :D

Our catagory ... Sneaky Mom's who are disguising this ~le cough~ little trek as " Family Fun Day!" ;)

So far to keep them busy and their minds off how far they gone I've got packed, a photo album for the flora and fauna that we find. Small baggies for rocks, seed pods, acorns. or other coolio stuffs. A frisbee to be tossed ahead for a few mad dashes or games of chase. :) And if all else fails ... I've tied money to the end of sticks to torment and tease them on a little further, errr for incentive. ;) We will end our journey with a treat for all a wonderful restaurant with a panoramic view. Oh yes our camera will be packed for pics as well! :D

My techie tikes whom are addicted to the computer and PS2 won't know what hit them. :rofl:

Sincerely,

Sassy

P.S. ( Mr. Man has been duely bribed before hand. :p )

WE HAVE 101!!! YES!!

SASSY I love the ideas you have! Make sure to post the results in the results thread that I started!

DMPLS that is DARLING !!!! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa good job.

I SO DO AGREE!!...and I see it gets even better!

I'm IN!!!!!!! I think this is a FANTASTIC idea!!!!
I fit into several of the categories, so I'm not narrowing it down ;) BUT, I'll be doing it on Saturday as my DH has the day off... I'll drag his little butt with me :D ... plop our 2 year old in the stroller, and take a 3+ mile walk through the park and around the water! It's just starting to get nice here.. so I figured a family walk would be the best route.

I can't wait!

ERICA I am marking your family down as # 102-3-4! Enjoy the time with your DH and kiddo! It doesn't get better than that!! :)

I'm in, but I'm going to have to "do it" a few days early - my work schedule this weekend doesn't allow me the time to join in when everyone else does...
however, i am OFF from work tomorrow, and I just google pedometered my "usual" walking route (too see how much further i would have to go, lol) and my "mile and a half" walk is 3.8 miles!!
count me in as an early bird - and if my walking buddy isn't available (she can't run due to bad knees) my goal is going to be to jog for at least half the route :D

KARMUZ you are in at # 105! I have already have a results thread going for you EARLY BIRDS!

Enygirl
04-09-2008, 09:07 PM
I'm in! This is SUCH AN AWESOME IDEA!

I'm in the "Semi Elite Can't Ditch the Kid So She'll Ride Her Bike Next to Me" category.

This should be interesting since I promised DD and my niece to go roller skating Friday night - and I haven't done that in over 15 years! I'm going to be SORE!

EZMONEY
04-09-2008, 09:20 PM
I'm in ! :wave: Sign me up as a Semi Elite. I'll walk on Saturday!

Edited to say DMPLS!! I love your running chicks! I'm going to put that in my signature throughout the challenge!

Now too shabby when one of the "BIG CHICKS" waits until #106 to jump in...talk about a success! Thanks for being here for all of us Jennifer! :hug:

Count me in please too.

I'm chosing the "I'm talking my S.O into trying it" category. We'll be walking on Sunday along a nice park route unless "Ole Man River" decides to flood us out from this last set of spring rains. Plan B is the old faithful treadmill. Better just count me because if it goes the treadmill route, we haven't mastered tandum trotting yet :tread:

Thanks for setting this up Gary - this is just about your best idea yet!

WHAT?...my best idea yet?...man oh man...I am full of it...er...ideas ;)

Fabulous graphic DMPLS!!!

Hey HAPPY I am putting you and your SO in at #'s 107 and 108!

I'm in! Another semi-elite :D

SEMI elite...WHAT!? NO! The BIG CHICKS are ELITE!! even when they wait to get in at # 109!! talk about confidence in their site....well deserved!! :) :hug:

I'm in, too! :wave: What a great idea!! :cp: I LOVE the t-shirt ideas. :lol:

I'll start as an elite, and move into the semi category when I get puffed out. :running:

Maybe you won't run out of breath ELLIS! I have you in as # 110!! :)

I'm in! I'm a walk it on the treadmill gal! Or a Wogger as you call it. :D
What a wonderful idea to get everyone involved.

And the t-shirt!, how cool is that? I'll have to print that and do an iron-on for this weekend. :)

Do we have 100 or more yet?

Great idea Gary!

MARTI we are up to you at # 111...how :cool: cool is that!

famograham
04-09-2008, 09:22 PM
This year Alan Webb, the USA record holder in the mile, will be running,

HAHA!!!! I just had to mention that my brother is Allan Webb :)
However, he's Canadian, and hasn't run any races lately!

Made me laugh! :lol:

:hug:
Linda

EZMONEY
04-09-2008, 09:36 PM

I have you down for a new category...TAKE A HIKE! Thank you SWEETTART for your ideas! I am giving you # 112-114...for 2? boys?

T-shirt is made - pictures to follow. It has my name and my number (Lucky #7 on it).

MYy LUCKY # is 6!!

I think I'll be going twice...running by myself on Saturday, walking with my partner on Sunday.

Make sure you get those posted KIDDO :hug: Your "partner" gets # 115!

Throw me in with Alinell's Chico and The Man

It will be DF, Dax the cattle dog and me :D

Hey KIDDO! How is the weather there? I have you and DF at # 116-117! My goddaughter is having her baby any day near you...Longmont...keep an eye on her ;)

Neat-O Bandito Idea!:carrot:

May not work it in until Sunday but count me in . . . as a Walker/Crawler pleez!:^::p

DD10 & Trusty West Highland will definitely be with me.

Up to #'s 119!! Enjoy the time with your daughter! Doesn't get much better than that! :)

I'm in, too! I've got a route all mapped out for myself! It's going to be raining Friday-Monday here, but it's going to be BEAUTIFUL out tomorrow! So, I'm planning on doing it tomorrow afternoon--the route I've mapped for myself is closer to 4 miles than 3.1...but a little extra never hurt anyone ;)

I didn't see a section for people who are going to run it high intensity interval style! Warm up walking, then doing several boughts of HIIT before cool-down walking. I'm pretty pumped!

AZURE..."BRINGS THE MUSCLE!" Awesome KIDDO! Keeps us motivated and going strong! You are # 120!

Count me in! I believe one of the local private schools are having one to raise money for St. Jude, so I may join in on that one.

How cool is that rnntn! I am a St. Jude contributer myself! Not only do we have sports in common....Thanks for helping out here! ;) You are # 121!

I was wondering the same thing - if I do it both days, can we have a double semi-elite category? :)

You own the joint....you can do whatever you want! ;)

EZMONEY
04-09-2008, 09:51 PM
I saw this thread yesterday but waited to sign up because I wanted to be #100 and by the looks of the posts, we have passed that mark. I'm a runner (not a fast runner) so that puts me in the elite category. So if the weather's nice, I'll do it twice (could be another category). We've had rain/drizzle for 5 days in a row and I can't wait to get outside and run.

Well TRESOR...you snooze you loose..;) We have you at #121! I hope the weather is nice for you!

I think my DH and I will do it! We've been doing bike riding, but we can do a 3.1 mile walk this weekend!!

PRINCESS you guys are # 122 and 123 ~ Take a hike...take a bike...we really don't care!...JUST DO IT!!

I'm new here but have been reading off & on for a while :)

Count me on the Semi-Elite!

Hubby & I are actually doing a 10K walk for his birthday on Saturday at a local winery :D

Never done an 'official' run/walk before, so this will be fun!

How cool SAFYRE! I have you guys at # 124 and 125!

My dog and I will be walking.

:D

JAE you are # 126...enjoy the walk with your dog :)

I'm in as a "Walk it on the Treadmill".

I love this idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And we love that you are entered TERRI at # 127 ;)

This is awesome!... I'm in for the "elite" category!

You are awesome MESILLA! and also # 128!

I wanna join too! Yaaay for excellent bandwagons!!

I guess I might be a wogger? I think I am going to make a T-shirt that juse says "WOGGER" on it. Hee hee hee. :)

I totally put it in my planner and now I am SUPER PUMPED. :D

Make sure to send a pic of the T-SHIRT CEPHALOPED! You are # 129 :)

I'm totally in for this, I think I'll do it both days. Gets me away from the craziness in the house.

"No one ever said it would be easy, they said it would be worth it"

Trish

Good for you TRISH! You are # 130!

count me in...under the awesome category of "Honey grab me a beer/wogger" I am up to 1.5 miles of straight jogging...will push it to 2 or more straight this weekend...will walk the rest. Great idea, and thanks!!

SUPER PMASCI! We have you down at # 131 anyway that you get the distance traveled is a good thing!

EZMONEY
04-09-2008, 10:03 PM

Thanks,

Angela

ANGELA I think I already have you in!

Just happened to see this and I would like to join in. By chance my husband and I are participating in a 5K on Sunday to benefit our local high school's gym department. It has been a goal of his to do a 5K and he plans to run. He's been training for it. I'm just going to go out there and see what happens (I hope a lot of the time I'll actually run, but, if I need to walk, I'll just walk!)-I usually swim or do cardio classes, so it will be interesting. A friend from work is also joining us, so there will be three in our group! I like the idea that so many are doing this at the same time!

That is so awesome PINK! My son and daughter in law teach and coach at the high school level, my kids did sports all through high school and college...I did many fundraisers for/with them...awesome! I will put you kids down at # 132 and 133!

I would love to dedicate myself to walking/running at least 3.1 miles this weekend. Since it is supposed to be a nice weekend, I think it would be a good time. I'll be sure to take hubs and DS in the stroller.

Thanks for the opportunity and the kick in the pants!

Glad I could assisit you ZEFFRYN! Enjoy the time with your family! You kids are # 134 and 135!

count us in! Just what I needed to get my DH moving!!! We will be as follows in any particular order: running, walking, getting pulled by dogs, chasing kids or pehaps chasing dogs and getting pulled by kids. (at least it burns more calories!!) Anyways a great way to spend time together and cover some land!! Good luck to all.:cheer2:

??What is the total of particpants so far??

Well LIGHTERLOU I will guess you have 2 kids and will put you down on the family plan for # 136-139!

I'm in! This is SUCH AN AWESOME IDEA!

I'm in the "Semi Elite Can't Ditch the Kid So She'll Ride Her Bike Next to Me" category.

This should be interesting since I promised DD and my niece to go roller skating Friday night - and I haven't done that in over 15 years! I'm going to be SORE!

OH the pain but sooo much fun ENYGIRL! Enjoy the time...so exciting! # 140 nand 141!

HAHA!!!! I just had to mention that my brother is Allan Webb :)
However, he's Canadian, and hasn't run any races lately!

Made me laugh! :lol:

:hug:
Linda

Yeah...but are YOU IN? FAMOGRAHM? ;)

WE HAVE 141 so far :carrot: unless FAMOGRAHM is in...then we have 142!

chick_in_the_hat
04-09-2008, 10:07 PM
Hey count me in- a wonky tennis elbow has had me jogging lately already. I'll even drag DH along.
:woohoo:

CountingDown
04-09-2008, 10:09 PM
I'm in! It might be an indoor walk if the weather is as predicted. I'm not up to sliding around in freezing rain. But one way or another, I'm in :)

EZMONEY
04-09-2008, 10:11 PM
UP-DATED CATEGORY LIST ~

SEMI-ELITE ~ Walkers

VIRGIN ~First timer

FAMILY WON'T KNOW WHAT HIT 'EM ~ One for all the mean mom's....kidding!

WHY NOT DO IT FOR CHARITY! ~So many great causes that several of you are doing 5K's for already...thanks GONNABE ~ IRISWHISPERS and all the others I missed!

I'M SICK BUT DOING IT ANYWAY! ~ HOPE I DON'T DIE ~ GURLY....we hope you feel better!

TAKE A HIKE! ~ Courtesy of SWEETTHART

EZMONEY
04-09-2008, 10:14 PM
Hey count me in- a wonky tennis elbow has had me jogging lately already. I'll even drag DH along.
:woohoo:

COOL CHICK! I will add you both for # 142 and 143!

I'm in! It might be an indoor walk if the weather is as predicted. I'm not up to sliding around in freezing rain. But one way or another, I'm in :)

I will see you in the beer garden COUNTING ;)

WE HAVE un-OFFICIAL 144! SO FAR!! :carrot:

iwmonn
04-09-2008, 10:23 PM
"We are carrying the wiggly light bulbs because...according to the commercials...by using them we can get so many million cars off the road...so with a friend AND a wiggly light bulb....we won't have any traffic!!!"

Ahhhh Gotchya EZ. ....and if they can say it on TV, it's true :blah: hehehe. ( I hate that commercial).
I have an extra 6 pack of of those wiggly lightbulbs from Costco. I guess it's time to try getting into the plastic packaging now. I'll consider that part as warming up because it's a heckuva workout getting into those things!

I will be holding my lightbulb high in one hand, my water bottle in the other
AND having fun!

LisaMarie71
04-09-2008, 10:56 PM
I'm in, but I'll have to walk it this time. :( I'm definitely a runner, but I don't have my doctor's ok to run while pregnant! I had a goal of running a 5k under 25 minutes this year too, dang it! And I was going to do a full marathon! A baby is much better, though. :)

So yes, my baby boy will be along for the ride (in my belly) while I walk 3.1 miles this weekend!

EZMONEY
04-09-2008, 11:26 PM
"We are carrying the wiggly light bulbs because...according to the commercials...by using them we can get so many million cars off the road...so with a friend AND a wiggly light bulb....we won't have any traffic!!!"

Ahhhh Gotchya EZ. ....and if they can say it on TV, it's true :blah: hehehe. ( I hate that commercial).
I have an extra 6 pack of of those wiggly lightbulbs from Costco. I guess it's time to try getting into the plastic packaging now. I'll consider that part as warming up because it's a heckuva workout getting into those things!

I will be holding my lightbulb high in one hand, my water bottle in the other
AND having fun!

What makes me mad :mad: IWMONN is that once I FINALLY get the package open an the bulbs installed...I go out to the trash and get the old bulbs...so I can :fr: FREAKIN' SEE in the room! :D

I'm in, but I'll have to walk it this time. :( I'm definitely a runner, but I don't have my doctor's ok to run while pregnant! I had a goal of running a 5k under 25 minutes this year too, dang it! And I was going to do a full marathon! A baby is much better, though. :)

So yes, my baby boy will be along for the ride (in my belly) while I walk 3.1 miles this weekend!

LISAMARIE and baby make 146!

My MEMPHIS FAN friend corrected my #121 double so now we have 145!! All of you between 121 and 144 LOSE a number...aw what the heck...take a pound off too! :)

145 AND GROWING!

7senuf
04-09-2008, 11:32 PM
I'm in Oz but count me in.......... Put me in category Can't ditch the Kids. Do we have a time limit? Cause by the time I round em all up and run all over the place during to keep them in tow it'll probably take me a few hours lol. Naaa just kidding. We have 5 designated walks in my town and they r all around 2 1/2 km so I will do two of them. One in the morning and one at night. One flat and the other a railway walk that has steps (lots)

Cheers
Vonni

3monkeysmomma
04-09-2008, 11:38 PM
Count me in, me and hubby will be walking the half and half 5k. He has a bum knee so we will have a 2 or 3 hour break in the middle. :running::running:

EZMONEY
04-09-2008, 11:43 PM
I'm in Oz but count me in.......... Put me in category Can't ditch the Kids. Do we have a time limit? Cause by the time I round em all up and run all over the place during to keep them in tow it'll probably take me a few hours lol. Naaa just kidding. We have 5 designated walks in my town and they r all around 2 1/2 km so I will do two of them. One in the morning and one at night. One flat and the other a railway walk that has steps (lots)

Cheers
Vonni

There is no time limit VONNI! How cool to have so many designated walks in your town. You are # 146 :)

Count me in, me and hubby will be walking the half and half 5k. He has a bum knee so we will have a 2 or 3 hour break in the middle. :running::running:

Hey Mom of 3 Monkeys...take it easy on the 'ol man's knees! Take your time and enjoy the time together! :hug:

Up to 148!

earthgrl3
04-09-2008, 11:53 PM
I think I'd like to join this too!! Not sure what category I fit into, but I'll be dragging my 9 year old son (almost 10 in his words) with me for company. We'll walk/run it. I'm going to have to drive my route to make sure I get my 5K in. This sounds like fun:)

Meemo
04-10-2008, 12:10 AM
I'm in! Maybe even twice if weather permits.
I'm in the SEMI-ELITE ~ Walkers category.
Great idea!

shelby897
04-10-2008, 12:24 AM
I don't know, I think your popularity EZ will put you closer to 200 walkers/runners/woggers, etc. than 100 -- you are obviously in the wrong line of work, you should be a motivational speaker!! :D

EZMONEY
04-10-2008, 12:39 AM
I think I'd like to join this too!! Not sure what category I fit into, but I'll be dragging my 9 year old son (almost 10 in his words) with me for company. We'll walk/run it. I'm going to have to drive my route to make sure I get my 5K in. This sounds like fun:)

I hope you won't be draggin' your son while you are driving EARTHGIRL :D WELCOME! I will be in your town in June :) You are # 149 and your son is # 150! :carrot:

I'm in! Maybe even twice if weather permits.
I'm in the SEMI-ELITE ~ Walkers category.
Great idea!

Thanks for sharing your time with us MEEMO # 151!

I don't know, I think your popularity EZ will put you closer to 200 walkers/runners/woggers, etc. than 100 -- you are obviously in the wrong line of work, you should be a motivational speaker!! :D

Aww SHELBY...I would love to take credit...but...as you know there are links all over the 3FC site...plus when they see "Angie Leaves EZMONEY..." women world-wide just :cp: and :cp: and :cp:...screaming out "FINALLY!" ;)

and besides...without Angie and my 3FC Friends....I'm nothing! :)

Noah Tall
04-10-2008, 01:25 AM
Maybe I can get enough laps in Saturday during our roller derby bout :). I think it's only something like 50 or so :).

LighterLou
04-10-2008, 01:45 AM
Hey LighterLou here, I should have been more specific, I have three kids all boys ages 4,5, and 7. So put us down for one more, and most likely a nap in the afternoon!

maalisse
04-10-2008, 02:49 AM
I would LOVE to do this on the 12th or 13th (such a great idea!!), but unfortunately I'm still recovering from surgery; I will do it on the treadmill as soon as I'm able to work up to that distance again, and think of everyone here even though I'll be late for the party. ;) This is a fantastic idea, and I'm glad to see so many people motivated to do this! Thanks for the great idea & starting a pick-me-up thread, Ezmoney! This will be the end goal that motivates me through the healing process! :)

Daffy29
04-10-2008, 08:25 AM
I just saw this thread. What a great idea, EZ. We sure are an enthusiastic bunch. :D

Darn! I just checked the weather forecast...Rain, and Rain/Snow. Guess I'm joining Karen and others, on the treadmill. A 5K somehow seems a highly appropriate way to celebrate my first 20 lbs gone!

Mrs Snark
04-10-2008, 09:23 AM
Is there a complete list of participants so we can check our numbers and ogle all the other racers? ;)

namaste
04-10-2008, 10:15 AM
My son, dog and I are in!

So, I fit into three categories: Semi Elite, Can't ditch the kid(s) and walk with my dog....!

Thank you!!! How exciting!!!!

EZMONEY
04-10-2008, 10:41 AM

Thanks,

Angela

OOPS! MISSANGELAKS...I didn't have you in already :(...now you are # 152 :)

Maybe I can get enough laps in Saturday during our roller derby bout :). I think it's only something like 50 or so :).

What an awesome way to get the miles in NOAH! :carrot:

Hey LighterLou here, I should have been more specific, I have three kids all boys ages 4,5, and 7. So put us down for one more, and most likely a nap in the afternoon!

Thanks LIGHTERLOU that puts us up to 154! With 3 boys maybe I should add a little :hug: to help with "patience!" ;)

I would LOVE to do this on the 12th or 13th (such a great idea!!), but unfortunately I'm still recovering from surgery; I will do it on the treadmill as soon as I'm able to work up to that distance again, and think of everyone here even though I'll be late for the party. ;) This is a fantastic idea, and I'm glad to see so many people motivated to do this! Thanks for the great idea & starting a pick-me-up thread, Ezmoney! This will be the end goal that motivates me through the healing process! :)

AH! But you can participate MAALISSE! Sometime over the week-end you can take time to pray for the other's getting there for the first time and for those that couldn't this year or you can spend a little time re-focusing on anything that you may want to add to your "plan" for the future...then when you are healthy again...look out treadmill :tread: Here is a prayer for you :angel: for a speedy recovery! I will put you down at # 155 :)

I just saw this thread. What a great idea, EZ. We sure are an enthusiastic bunch. :D

Darn! I just checked the weather forecast...Rain, and Rain/Snow. Guess I'm joining Karen and others, on the treadmill. A 5K somehow seems a highly appropriate way to celebrate my first 20 lbs gone!

WOW! 20 down! Of course a 5K is a great way to celebrate! You are # 156!

Is there a complete list of participants so we can check our numbers and ogle all the other racers? ;)

AWESOME idea T-D! I wish I had the computer skills to do that... MAYBE SOMEONE ELSE DOES? ;)

My son, dog and I are in!

So, I fit into three categories: Semi Elite, Can't ditch the kid(s) and walk with my dog....!

Thank you!!! How exciting!!!!

AWESOME NAMASTE! I will run your family up to # 157-158!

BattleAx
04-10-2008, 11:18 AM
Add me to the Semi Elite category!

2fat2bphat
04-10-2008, 11:54 AM
Semi-Elite group for me! and my dog. I think I'll do a practice session tonight and tomorrow. Add in this weekend's 3FC-5K and more walking next week, and look! I have developed a new habit.

I hope someone can chart this group's progress. Im sure I'll fall in the bottom 3rd of results, but what a motivator for improvement.

suitejudyblueeyes
04-10-2008, 11:56 AM
I'm a semi-elite-virgin wogger on a 2 easy installments plan :D

I was thinking I wouldn't have time this weekend but upon reconsidering... PFFFT... What kind of lame excuse is that? I'll do half Saturday and half Sunday walk/jogging with my husband. Alas, no dogs. I'll see if the cats want to come :lol: (I wouldn't count on it!)

zackzmom
04-10-2008, 12:33 PM
My husband, son, dog and I are in. My 7 yr old son will ride his bike, and the rest of us will try to keep up.
My very small town is haveing a 5K during our May Fest, so this will be a great warm up.
Good luck everyone!!!!!

sweettart08
04-10-2008, 01:13 PM
I have to tell you guys....I was anticipating running my first ever 5k this weekend...this morning I got on my treadmill with the intention of running 2.75 like the past few days....but.....I did it!!! I ran 3.1 for the first time IN MY LIFE!!!!! I'm sooooo excited...that has been my ultimate goal all along and I did it! I can't wait to do it again this weekend!!! Thanks again EZ (and all the 3FC'ers who signed up before me!!!) for the motivation ;)

Good luck everyone!:carrot:

NCGurl
04-10-2008, 01:47 PM
Sounds great... count me in... I guess I am a Semi-Elite Virgin Yaayyyyyy!!

Babygal
04-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Count me in!!!! I will do it in two days. This will be a family affair at the park. DD will walk slow because she doesn't want to go, but she'll go because I will use my motherly wisdom, and DGS will ride his bike. As for me I am a semi-elite. :tread: What's my number? :carrot:

baffled111
04-10-2008, 02:11 PM
I'm in too. Sunday is usually my rest day, but I'll go for a run instead: put me in the 'elite' category. (Ha!) However, if it is a beautiful day (and the first beautiful Sunday of the spring), I reserve the right to go on a long bike ride instead.

:)

MBN
04-10-2008, 02:17 PM
It turns out that I am actually going to run a real 5K race on Saturday! My DH's company is one of the sponsors for a small 5K walk/run event to benefit the local Sickle Cell organization. Their sponsorship included race registrations and they were looking for participants. DH called me today and asked me if I wanted to do it. Sure, I'll run for free ... So I can do a 2-fer! :D

Since I am a runner and do these things semi-regularly, I guess that puts me in the elite category!! That's a hoot! :rofl:

If the race is REALLY small, maybe I'll win something! ;)

Michelle125
04-10-2008, 04:48 PM
You can put me down in the "Virgin" category- I've NEVER run that far in my life... but I managed to run 2 miles a week ago... so I think I can do 3.1!

Spinymouse
04-10-2008, 05:46 PM
OK - I'll be semi-elite. Walking from home to Morro Rock and back = 4 miles.
jo

EZMONEY
04-10-2008, 05:58 PM
OK Folks ~ I have a few P.M.'s from some early sign-ups. Seems I didn't had out official numbers to the first 31 ~ so here we go...as best as I can figure!

ANGIE ~ 1 ALWAYS! #1 in my book

KAREN ~ 2

SHELBY 897 ~ 3

Barbara (bargoo) ~ 4

STILL TRYIN ~ 5

BECKY ~ 6

AMANDA ~7

MIDWIFE ~ 8

UPSWIFE ~ 9

CHEETARA ~ 10

HAT TRICK ~ 11

CLYDEGIRL ~ 12

GATORAMANDA ~ 13

TOMATO ~ 14

MJ5 ~ 15

BILLBLUEEYES ~ 16

JENI jctron ~ 17

ALLISON and DH ~ 18-19

MURPHMITCH Anne ~ 20

MEL ~ 21

ENNAY ~ 22

VEGGIELOVER ~ 23 not sure she's in but I gave her a # anyway :)

MARY from MAINE ~ 24

PACHYDERM ~ 25

Josephine TYLER DURDEN ~ 26

LOVNMOM and kids 27-29

REDSOXGIRL ~ 30

MRSAUGIE ~ 31

I think that catches up the front section....now to go add the rest.........

mandalinn82
04-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Gary - I counted myself as 7 somehow..Switch me and make me 7, or I'm gonna have to make a whole new t-shirt!

DMPLS
04-10-2008, 06:08 PM
OK Folks ~ I have a few P.M.'s from some early sign-ups. Seems I didn't had out official numbers to the first 31 ~ so here we go...as best as I can figure!

KAREN ~ 1

SHELBY 897 ~ 2

Barbara (bargoo) ~ 3

STILL TRYIN ~ 4

MANDALINN ~ Amanda ~ 5

Becky ~ Righlan86 ~ 7

Is there a reason 6 is missing? are you showing some racist tendencies towards the number 6??? LOL

EZMONEY
04-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Add me to the Semi Elite category!

You got it BATTLEAX ~ # 159 :)

Semi-Elite group for me! and my dog. I think I'll do a practice session tonight and tomorrow. Add in this weekend's 3FC-5K and more walking next week, and look! I have developed a new habit.

I hope someone can chart this group's progress. Im sure I'll fall in the bottom 3rd of results, but what a motivator for improvement.

What a great new habit 2fat2bphat! As far as progress and where you finish...remember some in the race are doing it for the first time and in installments...some are taking their kids on "flower picking" trips and of course some are doing the 5K for a "warm-up" for their 1/2 or full marathon or other 5K's! But at semi-elite I know you can find someone here to "group" with and challenge! # 160

I'm a semi-elite-virgin wogger on a 2 easy installments plan :D

I was thinking I wouldn't have time this weekend but upon reconsidering... PFFFT... What kind of lame excuse is that? I'll do half Saturday and half Sunday walk/jogging with my husband. Alas, no dogs. I'll see if the cats want to come :lol: (I wouldn't count on it!)

Now that's the ATTITUDE! we are looking for JUDY! I'll put you down for # 161...if your DH is going with you "both" days then I will add him...let me know.

My husband, son, dog and I are in. My 7 yr old son will ride his bike, and the rest of us will try to keep up.
My very small town is haveing a 5K during our May Fest, so this will be a great warm up.
Good luck everyone!!!!!

TERRIFIC ZACKZMOM! I will add your family at # 162-164!

I have to tell you guys....I was anticipating running my first ever 5k this weekend...this morning I got on my treadmill with the intention of running 2.75 like the past few days....but.....I did it!!! I ran 3.1 for the first time IN MY LIFE!!!!! I'm sooooo excited...that has been my ultimate goal all along and I did it! I can't wait to do it again this weekend!!! Thanks again EZ (and all the 3FC'ers who signed up before me!!!) for the motivation ;)

Good luck everyone!:carrot:

OUTSTANDING! :carrot:

Sounds great... count me in... I guess I am a Semi-Elite Virgin Yaayyyyyy!!

You are in NCGURL at # 165 :)

Count me in!!!! I will do it in two days. This will be a family affair at the park. DD will walk slow because she doesn't want to go, but she'll go because I will use my motherly wisdom, and DGS will ride his bike. As for me I am a semi-elite. :tread: What's my number? :carrot:

Take your pick BABYGAL, I am giving your family #'s 166-168 :)

I'm in too. Sunday is usually my rest day, but I'll go for a run instead: put me in the 'elite' category. (Ha!) However, if it is a beautiful day (and the first beautiful Sunday of the spring), I reserve the right to go on a long bike ride instead.

:)

Anyway you want to get it done BAFF is OK with us....now that you have so much more "breath" ;) # 169 :hug:

It turns out that I am actually going to run a real 5K race on Saturday! My DH's company is one of the sponsors for a small 5K walk/run event to benefit the local Sickle Cell organization. Their sponsorship included race registrations and they were looking for participants. DH called me today and asked me if I wanted to do it. Sure, I'll run for free ... So I can do a 2-fer! :D

Since I am a runner and do these things semi-regularly, I guess that puts me in the elite category!! That's a hoot! :rofl:

If the race is REALLY small, maybe I'll win something! ;)

EVERYONE is a winner in our race MBN! ;) Awesome for your DH's company's cause..have you here at # 170!

You can put me down in the "Virgin" category- I've NEVER run that far in my life... but I managed to run 2 miles a week ago... so I think I can do 3.1!

Of course you can do it MICHELLE! and if not Saturday...you can finish on Sunday! We will keep the light on for you! ;) You will wear # 171!

OK - I'll be semi-elite. Walking from home to Morro Rock and back = 4 miles.
jo

Sounds like a nice way to start the week-end up ther JO...good to see you join up. I will give you # 172 :hug:

EZMONEY
04-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Gary - I counted myself as 7 somehow..Switch me and make me 7, or I'm gonna have to make a whole new t-shirt!

OK CHIEF!

Is there a reason 6 is missing? are you showing some racist tendencies towards the number 6??? LOL

YES there is a reason...I was public schooled ~ Angie isn't here to correct me ~ I only have 2 hands ~ and I am completely sober!

IF YOU ALL KNEW HOW SLOW I AM ON THIS KEYBOARD YOU WOULDN'T PUT SO MUCH PRESSURE ON ME!

EZMONEY
04-10-2008, 06:20 PM

If Angie and I get numbers 1 and 2 then you can be 7...but I ain't making a new list ;)...yet anyway....

shelby897
04-10-2008, 06:22 PM
Our fearless leader :D - I would be more than happy to give up number 2 for you -- just slap me on at the end -- no shirt made up so doesn't matter to me where I start, as long as I finish!! :D

EZMONEY
04-10-2008, 06:28 PM
Our fearless leader :D - I would be more than happy to give up number 2 for you -- just slap me on at the end -- no shirt made up so doesn't matter to me where I start, as long as I finish!! :D

:rofl: SHELBY...I think I am going to have to go with a 1 ~ 1A ~ 2 ~ 2A...method to figure this mess out...off to the fridge...;)

mandalinn82
04-10-2008, 06:43 PM
See, that's how I counted it...I put you at #1 and Angie at #2...as it should be, as the event organizers.

It made sense! I'm #7, darn it!

:yes:

EZMONEY
04-10-2008, 06:44 PM
FIXED IT...?

ANGIE ~ 1 ALWAYS! #1 in my book

KAREN ~ 2

SHELBY 897 ~ 3

Barbara (bargoo) ~ 4

STILL TRYIN ~ 5

BECKY ~ 6

AMANDA ~7

MIDWIFE ~ 8

UPSWIFE ~ 9

CHEETARA ~ 10

HAT TRICK ~ 11

CLYDEGIRL ~ 12

GATORAMANDA ~ 13

TOMATO ~ 14

MJ5 ~ 15

BILLBLUEEYES ~ 16

JENI jctron ~ 17

ALLISON and DH ~ 18-19

MURPHMITCH Anne ~ 20

MEL ~ 21

ENNAY ~ 22

VEGGIELOVER ~ 23 not sure she's in but I gave her a # anyway :)

MARY from MAINE ~ 24

PACHYDERM ~ 25

Josephine TYLER DURDEN ~ 26

LOVNMOM and kids 27-29

REDSOXGIRL ~ 30

MRSAUGIE ~ 31

I think that catches up the front section....now to go add the rest.........

I hope this does the trick....;)

Jennifer 3FC
04-10-2008, 06:44 PM
I think I am going to have to go with a 1 ~ 1A ~ 2 ~ 2A...method to figure this mess out...off to the fridge...

Oh no, we've driven you to comfort food! Or beer. :shrug:

EZMONEY
04-10-2008, 06:45 PM
See, that's how I counted it...I put you at #1 and Angie at #2...as it should be, as the event organizers.

It made sense! I'm #7, darn it!

:yes:

Kiddo I am taking myself out of the race so that the numbers add up ;)

EZMONEY
04-10-2008, 06:46 PM
Oh no, we've driven you to comfort food! Or beer. :shrug:

;)...nah....I'm ALL on my own on that Jennifer!

mandalinn82
04-10-2008, 06:48 PM
Gary, you're my hero. Now my shirt will be correct.

EZMONEY
04-10-2008, 06:51 PM
Anything for my "favorite!"

Michelle125
04-10-2008, 07:02 PM
Yay! #171- I love my number! It's gonna mean so much~ :D
Am I on a team?

EZMONEY
04-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Yay! #171- I love my number! It's gonna mean so much~ :D
Am I on a team?

Why are you guys making it so hard on me? ;)...Now teams...I think it is a little late for this one but ANOTHER GREAT IDEA!! I think that that is something we will be adding to the next one...whenever that is...next month...6 months...year...?

How often do "YOU" want to do this gals?

Soon2BFitChick
04-10-2008, 08:10 PM
Ok, I'm in!!! Great idea!!! :cp:

I'm making a category since you said its ok, Living Room 3.1!!! :cb:

Will be doing the 3 mile WATP dvd plus enough to cover the .1!!! :lol:

OMG!! We get a number? Too cute!!! Do we post that we completed it?

Thanks!!! Selina :hug:

just get it done
04-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Sign me up, I'm definitely in. :carrot: I'm soooo excited ! It's my first 5k. :dance::dance::dance:

EZMONEY
04-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Ok, I'm in!!! Great idea!!! :cp:

I'm making a category since you said its ok, Living Room 3.1!!! :cb:

Will be doing the 3 mile WATP dvd plus enough to cover the .1!!! :lol:

OMG!! We get a number? Too cute!!! Do we post that we completed it?

Thanks!!! Selina :hug:

I will up-date the category list for a much needed WATP! Yes you get a number it is # 173! And yes you post your results in the 3FC ~ 5K RESULTS Thread ...welcome!

suitejudyblueeyes
04-10-2008, 08:47 PM
Now that's the ATTITUDE! we are looking for JUDY! I'll put you down for # 161...if your DH is going with you "both" days then I will add him...let me know.

Goodness Gary, look at you go! :dizzy:

Yes, DH will be with me both days. He's so supportive :D

EZMONEY
04-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Sign me up, I'm definitely in. :carrot: I'm soooo excited ! It's my first 5k. :dance::dance::dance:

Then you are in the virgin category! You will be # 174! AWESOME way to start doing something you can be proud of! You will be joined by so many friends! and encouragers!

EZMONEY
04-10-2008, 08:50 PM
Goodness Gary, look at you go! :dizzy:

Yes, DH will be with me both days. He's so supportive :D

LOOK AT YOU GO! I have your husband at # 175!! Give him a big :hug: when you finish kiddo...and continue to do things together the rest of your lives!

EZMONEY
04-10-2008, 08:54 PM

UP-DATED CATEGORY LIST ~

SEMI-ELITE ~ Walkers

VIRGIN ~First timer

FAMILY WON'T KNOW WHAT HIT 'EM ~ One for all the mean mom's....kidding!

TAKE A HIKE! ~ Courtesy of SWEETTHART

WATP ~ walk off those pounds! Thank-you SOON2BFIT!

Den@
04-10-2008, 08:55 PM
I'm in. I'm an "early bird, semi-elite." So, I'll walk the 5 miles on my treadmill tomorrow. I'm very excited, because I really needed this.
Good luck, everyone.
Thanks, EZ Money!

EZMONEY
04-10-2008, 09:00 PM
I'm in. I'm an "early bird, semi-elite." So, I'll walk the 5 miles on my treadmill tomorrow. I'm very excited, because I really needed this.
Good luck, everyone.
Thanks, EZ Money!

THANK-YOU DEN@...you are # 176!

just keep swimming
04-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Cool! I'm in. I'll either be a semi-elite virgin with Faerie, or a wogger like Cheetara. We'll see how I'm feeling. Maybe a wogging virgin?